Post Mission Party

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.25 @ 21:31 (09:31 PM)

==Post Mission Part for the Ozaki after their mission to the Pheltic system==

There had been a lot going on behind the scenes ever since the Ozaki's arrival on Pioneer Outpost. Jason had received quite a bit of news and updates since their return, which hadn't been long. A lot of these announcements did affect the crew, so he would wait to handle them once everyone was here.

He had managed to obtain one of the Conference Rooms on Pioneer Outpost for the occasion, and gave everything the once over. The Support staff had done a wonderful job in the setup. They wrapped up, and the lead, a Lieutenant, came to let Jason know.

"It looks great," he said. "Thank you to you and your crew, L-T." The Lieutenant smiled and nodded before taking leave. Jason then took the opportunity to go over to the bar that had been set up. The bartender smiled as Jason approached.

"Everything's set to go, Cap'n," he said. "Any rules and/or limits I need to know about, sir?" Jason gave a small smile.

"I trust you to have a good feel when people are 'close to their limits'," Jason responded. "I know this mission may have weighed heavier on some than others, so just keep an eye out, and stop those accordingly."

"Aye, sir." With that, Jason left the bar to check the stage, to ensure everything was set up as he needed it. Making a few minor adjustments, it was now just a waiting game. He knew there would be a few absences that would probably alert a few people, but he would deal with that when the time came.

==Tag all and whomever posts first.==

#2 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 592 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.25 @ 21:59 (09:59 PM)

== Sub note from the Captain duty uniforms please  :) ==

#3 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 592 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.25 @ 22:18 (10:18 PM)

Luna was very excited by the prospect of a party, the mission had taken it's toll on her and she was ready to kick back and relax with the rest of the crew. The last time she had attended one of these types of party's, it had come to an abrupt holt and diverted into a nearby bar after a tribble invasion.

I hope that doesn't happen again

Putting the final adjustments to her duty uniform, Luna tied back her hair into an intricate plait style. Trusting this would be more then presentable, she made her way to the conference room where the function was being held. 

Stepping into the room, Luna surveyed the surroundings. She had to admit, every detail had been observed and the room looked outstanding. Making her way across to the bar, she ordered a rose wine and once she had the glass in hand she went over to quickly bid good evening to the Captain.

"Good evening Sir, I trust you are well?" taking a sip of wine before continuing.

"Quite a party we've got here Sir, thank you for the invite"

== Tag Skipper and all ==

#4 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 519 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21811.26 @ 05:51 (05:51 AM)

===NPC Carley Young==

Coming in to the room she could see some of the crew have started to arrive, and she was a little on the nervous. Why did she allow herself to get talked into this, but then again Beno has talked her into a lot of things that were fun. Not too far behind her, there were a pair of Enlisted Science NCOs. Both of them had a couple of kits, and in them were a couple of Holo emitters. While they were setting them up around the room, Carley started to gather her final thoughts.

Why do I allow her to talk me in to things like this? She has talked me in to a lot of crazy things, so all in all this isn't even in the top ten. Shrugging a shoulder a little, as Meya started to do a systems check. She was wearing what looked like dark glasses, and black leather gloves. To everyone it looked like she was typing in the air, but she could see the whole control panel. Finally working up the nerve to approach, Carley went to the Captain, and she had a Padd in her hand.

"Pardon me Sir, but I have a message from Beno." She handed him the Padd, and wasn't too sure about the plan as a whole.

==Note==

Hello Sir

By now you might notice a couple of science officers who have set up a few goodies around the room, and are doing a bit of a systems check. I hope you give me a bit of leeway on this, there is something I have to do. I put a lot of time and effort in to this, and it is something for the crew as a whole. In total the whole thing will take about twenty minutes, and shall be something that no one will ever forget.

Beno Velaul

It wasn't a long note, but it should get to the point. When she looked at Pond for a second, her name didn't come to her right away. It did eventually, but it was all part of the injuries she sustained during the last mission.

"Lieutenant Pond good too see you again." She said a little sheepishly, mostly because she was still working on being shy. Something that was never easy for anyone.

==Tag==

#5 Lt Shi-mi M'Rour

Lt Shi-mi M'Rour

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 340 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.28 @ 18:53 (06:53 PM)

Shi-mi wasn't too enthused about attending the post mission event. There was a lot of work to oversee on the Ozaki. Way more than she'd assessed initially.

Once the ship had docked, normally it would be down to the station engineering teams to take responsibility, but the Caitian engineer in all honesty had nothing better to do with her downtime. The sooner they could get things done, the sooner they'd be off, not sitting about waiting.

One of the things that she hadn't realised as part of their assessments on the return journey was how much data had been lost from the ships computer. The software had redundancies to keep the system running in the event of a core failure, but a massive amount of personal data had been lost from the LCARS storage because of the water damage shorting out the storage hubs.

Shi-mi herself had lost a massive amount of personal data, and she had at first hoped it could be recovered, but it soon became clear that it was impossible. So she had spent the last days of their return trip in a bit of a mope.

She'd received the message to attend the event, and headed reluctantly from the ship to the station in search of the conference room it was being held in.

As she entered, there was the bar and a buffet selection. Several of the crew were already in attendance. She spotted the Pale Pond and Ensign Young talking with the Captain. And for some reason, she couldn't understand and probably didn't want to know, some of the other science staff were setting up equipment about the room.

One thing she didn't like about these kind of events, was there was nowhere to hide. In a bar, there were booths and nooks you could sequester yourself into and vanish from sight while still listening into what was happening about you. In an organised party, in a room like this, there was nowhere. And, annoyingly, people were going to have to interact with her. A situation she decided she'd rather avoid if she could.

Walking over to the bar, she simply ordered a coffee.

“How would you like that?” asked the barkeeper.

“Wet and brown.” she replied flatly taking the beverage, before turning and heading to the opposite end of the room where she hoped she'd be ignored for the most part as she took a seat next to potted Yukka which had been placed in the corner and began going over more repair lists.

#6 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 06:45 (06:45 AM)

The first person to arrive had been his Chief of Security, Lieutenant Pond. He saw her go to the bar and make an order. From what he could tell, it was some form of wine. He smiled to her as she approached him.

"Good evening, sir. I trust you are well." He nodded as she thanked him for the invite.

"As well as I can be, Lieutenant," he responded. Before he could speak further, Ensign Young approached him. He looked around as she spoke, noting the Science Officers dotting around placing whatever it was they were placing. It was made a little clearer when he read the note from Commander Velaul. He chuckled.

"Very well," he said. "And we can we expect the Lieutenant Commander?" As he awaited her reply, he looked over to see his Chief Engineer order a drink and then appear to slink away from everyone. He understood. This last mission had worn harder on some than others. He would give her her space until everything got started.

==Tag all==

#7 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 07:38 (07:38 AM)

If there was anything Onyx hated more than dealing with people who cannot help but talk about themselves, it was a party. Onyx did everything in his power to get away from it. The idea of being surrounded by crewmembers, especially the higher officers, did not make him feel at all welcome or "part of the crew." The only thing he could trust was his tool kit that was hanging behind his back, always ready to be used at a moment's notice. He tried going with added duty, transfer temporarily to the dry dock repair crews, even attempting to contact the Mirak Ambassador and beg to return home. However the Ambassador was unavailable, the dry dock compliment was full, and there was nothing the ship engineers could do other than sit and wait for the major repairs to be done. He made the excuse that since he was a Midshipman, Onyx could not attend due to the fact that he needed to learn. He was given a very basic reply back.

"Get to the party, that's an order."

Not grinning yet baring it, Onyx walked into the conference room and he saw that there were already people there. First there was the Captain, then the Chief of Security, the Chief Engineer, and some science officers who caught his attention right away. They were doing something, and Onyx did not trust them in not knowing what it was. The Chief Engineer however caught his attention, as she seemed to take up a corner of her own. Not one to go up to people asking what's wrong, Onyx let her be unless she summoned him. Looking at the bar, he spotted the bartender craning his neck slightly to make eye contact.

"Anything I can get for you Sir?"

Onyx thought about it.

"There is a human drink I was told to try. I believe they called it an Arnold Palmer."

The bartender nodded and handed the Mirak a glass. Due to his pawed hand, the glass was very much small compared to him. Taking a sip, Onyx enjoyed the taste of ice tea and lemonade, nodding in compliments to the bartender. Looking around, he found a viewport to stand in front of and allowed his mind to wonder. Looking out into the depths of black space, the Mirak wanted nothing more than to return home. At that moment though, all he wanted was to get back to the Ozaki to his bunk and actually sleep instead of be curious as to why there are halo-emitters being placed all around.

==Tag all.==

#8 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 14:38 (02:38 PM)

Parties. While not a party hater, Vari wasn’t known for being a lover of parties, either. She went out with Pond to bars on occasion, and Arya dragged her out almost every time she went home, but they just… weren’t her scene. Sometimes she really missed having hair long enough to tie back- instead she had to make do with leaving it down and hoping she didn’t look unprofessional.

She did like a night off, though, even if this particular night off had involved herself, Sebok, and a discussion about Going To Vulcan. And a discussion about Going to Vulcan would inevitably become a discussion about Meeting the Parents and that… that was scary.

Absent-mindedly, her hand drifted over to her ring finger. There wasn’t anything there, yet, but she had a feeling it would be coming soon. After all, it had been almost a year they’d been seeing each other, in touch as much as possible. And marriage… once upon a time, she hadn’t cared, but it was becoming something that was increasingly appealing- especially after the time they’d met with Arya and Robert and touched minds. She understood little of Vulcan marriage rituals, but she knew that it involved something like that on a more permanent basis.

There was also, of course, the fact she felt like she had a massive biological clock over her head ticking down the seconds she had left to have kids. She’d have them eventually, of course, but there was so much to do before then.

Going over to the bar after a Caitian man she vaguely recognized had ordered, asking for a diet coke before turning around to her best friend and the Captain. She tried her best not to notice how much quieter this party was. They’d lost too many people.

“Finally time to dish out the rewards, then?” she asked, lips tilting up on one side. “It’s nice to have everyone together when we’re not being shot at or threatened or... sinking.”

The most recent mission, where she’d been pretty much clueless as to what was going on, besides irradiated crew members and getting thrown about like a potato sack. She had some minor bruising, but she’d fared better than most people.

“Have to get me off the ship at some point, though. I’ve still not been on the Away Team.”

==Tag Pond and El Capitan==

#9 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 519 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 07:48 (07:48 AM)

==NPC Carley Young== Assuming that everyone is there, if not just play along==

When the question came up about the Lieutenant Commander, Carley smiled a little. "Ohh she will be appearing any minute now. I hope you are ready for a surprise, we don't exactly have your run of the mill Science officer in charge here." What the captain more than likely wouldn't be aware of, is she wasn't using a play on words. Now before she went and got something to drink, Carley tapped her com badge twice. She knew what was going to come up, and it was going to be great. Giving the signal to Meya. Who gave her the acknowledgment. and a few seconds later the roof started to look like open space.

Meanwhile in the middle of the floor cones appeared, just too keep people out of that area. Looking up at the roof, a small Ozaki appeared to come out of the wall. Slowly making its way across the room, and stopping in the room just above the cones. "Ladies and Gentleman of the Ozaki, this is my gift to you." it was in Benoes voice. 

Just then the warp drive started, and the ship flew across the room. In its wake an images of Captains Tam and  Simmons appeared. "Sometimes its not the assignment that you choose, Sometimes its the assignment that chooses you that makes all the difference."  As it warped across the room again, the original crew appeared. "With a proud crew, making a difference with what they had. Who didn't worry much about the things they didn't, as tradition continues the best thing we can have is each other."

Four Ozaki ships flew slowly out of the walls, and flew just to the edges of the cones. Each one of them had their deflector dish activated, and with a blast that met in the middle. Images of the crew  that gave their lives in the line of duty appeared. "To pay tribute to all that can no longer be with us, but they will never be forgotten." All the ships turned around again, and warped away. Soon the stars changed to dark clouds, and rolling thunder could be heard coming in. Little lightning bolts could be seen coming from the clouds. "In the best of times and in the worst of times, we all pull together and make the biggest difference of all." Four lightning bolts came in from all four corners, and one from the roof all meeting at one spot right in the middle of the room. The shock wave created a sphere of light, one that started off small and grew bigger and bigger until it was now six feet in diameter and six feet high. 

Once the lightning bolts stopped, the sphere started to break down from the top to the bottom. Once the sphere was fully down Beno was standing there in her science blue uniform, and high heeled boots. "It might not be the biggest ship in the fleet, or the fastest but its ours. The legacy of the Ozaki was always a great one, together we will keep it alive." With that the Holo projectors turned off, and the room returned to normal. 

After making her way to the Captain, and the small group. "I hope you enjoyed that, it was something I have been cooking up for a while now. I wanted to give the crew something to really remember, I just hope this qualifies." She said to everyone. It was a little much, but it was her style to go big and this was the biggest she done in a long time.

==Tag all==

#10 Lt Shi-mi M'Rour

Lt Shi-mi M'Rour

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 340 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 18:17 (06:17 PM)

More people arrived, and Shi-mi was finding it harder to concentrate on her PADD with the increasing level of voices.

One of the support crew approached her with a bowl of nibbles. “Can I offer you anything?” he asked.

Shi-mi held up a paw to polity decline. Then the room darkened, and a holographic display began to play showing the Ozaki flying through space, along with images of the crew and a dialogue performed by the ships chief science officer.

It was about the same time, Shi-mi's PADD vibrated, informing her she had a message. She checked the ID stamp with a look of surprise, and ducked out of the room to answer it to save ruining the rest of the display for everyone else.

== Continued in “Sister, Where art thou?” ==

#11 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 19:44 (07:44 PM)

As they were speaking, Lieutenant Toreen arrived and approached the group.

“Finally time to dish out the rewards, then?” she asked, lips tilting up on one side. “It’s nice to have everyone together when we’re not being shot at or threatened or... sinking.”

Jason smiled in return. It then turned into a sly smile as he responded.

"Possibly."

“Have to get me off the ship at some point, though. I’ve still not been on the Away Team.” Jason nodded.

"We'll definitely get you out on the next mission," he replied. "Just remember to volunteer." As more time passed, Jason noticed the unmistakable figure of Krylixson. The Midshipman had done exceptionally well, though praise was something that seemed lost on the young Mirak.

It wasn't long before what Young had spoke of began to happen.

The show was truly beautiful and mesmerizing. A swell of pride had hit Jason as his name had joined Captain Tam's for the introduction. There was then a shift to somberness as the names of those lost scrolled through. The finale was spectacular, and, once finished, the Chief Science Officer herself approached the group.

"I hope you enjoyed that, it was something I have been cooking up for a while now. I wanted to give the crew something to really remember, I just hope this qualifies."

"It was fantastic. Wonderful job." Jason said, smiling. "A nice change of pace, as well. I'm truly impressed." Then, he lowered his voice and got a little closer to her, though not too close as to make her uncomfortable. "I do need to arrange a meeting with you in the near future. Preferably before our next launch." With that said, he stepped back, and took another look around as more and more people entered.

He became acutely aware as he looked that he was now missing his Chief Engineer. Maybe she had a call or something. I just hope she's okay. The thought, for a moment at least, subsided as the night continued.

==Tag all==

#12 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 23:44 (11:44 PM)

Onyx watched in calm silence as the lights dimmed down and a show was presented to them. At first Onyx had no idea why he was watching, until it was done as a tribute to the fallen of the Ozaki. Part of him sighed internally when Pearson’s name was on that list. He had to admit, regardless of his opinion of the Chief Science Officer (there was none) she had style. He did notice his Department Head slip out at it’s conclusion, something that he would note for later.

"I hope you enjoyed that, it was something I have been cooking up for a while now. I wanted to give the crew something to really remember, I just hope this qualifies."

"It was fantastic. Wonderful job."

Onyx heard the Captain say, silently agreeing with him.

"A nice change of pace, as well. I'm truly impressed."

The Captain than said something to her that he couldn’t listen to, and he made sure his ears didn’t focus on what he was saying. Seeing his drink half empty, Onyx looked out to the crowd and he figured that he should at least make himself not so recluse. He found himself talking to some of the enlisted, as most of the Officers found themselves conversing among themselves.

#13 Lt (JG) Peter Jensen

Lt (JG) Peter Jensen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.01 @ 18:11 (06:11 PM)

== How did I manage to completely overlook this? :S ==

Peter entered the place as well, not entirely sure that celebration was warranted. A crewmate was dead, and he feared the "geopolitical" repercussions of the events on the planet. But he also didn't want to appear to be a stick in the mud, so he came, trying to put on his best smile.

When the show started, however, Peter stood still in solemn silence, his thoughts once more drifting to the pilot left behind back on the planet.

"That was a good performance indeed"; Peter echoed the expressed sentiments, as he took a sip of a beer.

#14 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 519 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 07:29 (07:29 AM)

She was relieved that the show went off with out any problems, and that it was enjoyed by all. She wanted to give the crew something to be proud of, in the short time that she has been on the ship they have been through a lot. Also normally hearing about a private talk with the Captain sounded bad, but in this case there was no bad feelings about it.

“Yes sir.” She said quietly.” While he was still close.

The crew were all good people, and enjoyed the show. That was the important part, and now her part was over it was up to the Captain to do the rest. She was also sure that any awards were going to be well earned.

#15 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 19:46 (07:46 PM)

The show that was put on was impressive, and Vari grinned at the end of it, giving a couple short claps in congratulations. It was bittersweet, of course- seeing old faces and lost faces. She felt a curl in her belly at it- familiar. She knew, logically, that many of those people hadn’t been brought to her. That she couldn’t have done anything. But she was a doctor, and it was practically in her DNA to try and fight death, even when it seemed inevitable.

But she was also a scientist, and she knew that death came for everyone. Studying minors in history and archaeology had really woken her up to that- all those people who thought they were infallible, the most powerful ones of their respective era.

And they were gone. Just like that. It was sad- but also beautiful, in its’ own way. Nothing lasted forever, but the end of one era always heralded the start of another one. That was constant. Speaking of eras…

Leaning closer to Luna, Vari leaned one arm on her shoulder, “You will never guess what I found out.”

She spun her friend around to face her. “My stepsister- Arya, also known as like, my other best friend. She’s pregnant.”

“She never showed any interest in being with a man for more than, like, five minutes. And now she’s having a baby,” she pouted slightly. “I’m starting to think I need to start prodding Sebok more. I’ll be only childless one out the lot of us. Aside from Elizabeth, but she’s too young.”

==Tag==

#16 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1406 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.06 @ 00:39 (12:39 AM)

Once everyone had gathered (aside from the Chief Engineer who was nowhere to be found), Jason decided it would probably be time to move things along. Before he approached the stage, he quickly and quietly tapped his commbadge.

"Computer, please locate Lieutenant M'Rour." It wasn't long before he got an answer. [Lieutenant M'Rour's location unknown.] Jason's brow furrowed. It could mean any number of things, and he didn't want to make everyone panicked. He forwarded the information to station Security, something for them to look in to. If something came up that needed his attention, he would gather everyone and handle it. For now, until otherwise known, he would continue with the night.

He stepped up on the stage and went up to the mic. Under the podium were all of the boxes that he would need tonight. He took the two meant for M'Rour and set them to the side, to handle later. He could, for the time being, easily chalk her sudden absence as a family emergency. Clearing his throat to get everyone's attention, he began speaking.

"Thank you all for coming to this little shindig," he started. "I know our last mission was not exactly how we wanted or expected to go, but I believe everyone performed admirably. Before we begin, I do have some news." He paused for a moment. He had two different pieces of crew news, but one had not been confirmed yet. The other one had. Well, three if you include whatever is going on with M'Rour. "Our First Officer, Commander Praise, has been picked by Science Command to lead a special assignment, as well as take on a special position for said assignment. As such, I will be speaking with the higher-ups in regards to a new First Officer." Once he gauged the reaction of everyone, he continued.

"With that bit of news out of the way, we can continue on with some rewards." He smiled before calling out the list of names he had. "Will Commander Velaul, Lieutenants Pond and Jensen, and Midshipman Krylixson please join me on the stage." He waited patiently as each of the officers came up. Once they were in place, he grabbed the boxes from underneath the podiums and walked over to each in line.

"Lieutenant Commander Velaul, for going above and beyond in the line of duty, you are hereby awarded the Star Fleet Achievement Medal. Well done." Smiling to her, he moved down. "Lieutenant Pond, also for going above and beyond in the line of duty, you are also hereby awarded the Star Fleet Achievement Medal. Great job. Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Jensen," he said as he moved to the next officer, "for exhibiting valor in the face of imminent danger, you are hereby awarded the Gold Star. Furthermore, you are also hereby promoted to the rank of full Lieutenant, with all of the privileges and responsibilities thereof. Congratulations." He stepped last in front of Krylixson with the last two boxes.

"Midshipman Krylixson. For also exhibiting valor in the face of imminent danger, you are awarded the Gold Star. You have also been granted the rank of Ensign. Wonderful job, Ensign."  He then turned to the crowd. "Everyone join me in congratulating these fine officers for all their hard work."

==Tag==

#17 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 519 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.07 @ 09:06 (09:06 AM)

Eventually joining her group, it was good to be with her small band of science officers. Even when at that minute in time, all she wanted was solitude and a hot bath. That was part of the pieces of being in a command position, sometimes you have to do things like this. Especially when it was the last thing you wanted to do, it’s all about them the people you command. Now that the Captain had everyone’s attention, she did agree the mission had not gone according to anyone’s plan.

Now that it got to the awards, Beno did hope that there would be a few of her friends on the list. When she heard her name first, she was a little shocked. All the same she joined the Captain on stage, and waited for the others. She was more happy to hear the other names, most of all the Midshipman. She was honoured by her award, and Lieutenant Pond who received the same award. It went to show that sometimes in the worst of times, it brings out the best in people at times.

The two gold stars awarded to Jensen and Krylixson, that made her more proud. To top it all off the promotion to Ensign, the young Engineer deserved this more. Jensen she was sure did a wonderful job as well, even if she wasn’t there to witness it herself. “Congratulations everyone.” She said to the others in celebration. “Thank you Captain, thank you for leading us through that mission.” She said to him, as it was a proud time for them all.

==Tag==

#18 Lt (JG) Peter Jensen

Lt (JG) Peter Jensen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.07 @ 21:00 (09:00 PM)

When he was called to the stage, Peter raised an eyebrow, uncertain of what on Earth was going on, but he went all the same, taking the spot next to Pond.

He listened very attentively to Simmons, but what he heard shocked him so badly that it took him a moment that felt like an eternity before he managed to collect himself and pull his metaphorical jaw back up from his chest. He had not been present for any of the other events the Captain mentioned, but had very much been present for the one he himself was being commended for.

And he honestly didn't feel that he deserved a medal at this point.
The mission going south hadn't been his fault. He realized that, intellectually. But it had gone south. And it somehow felt disrespectful to Sirra's memory to award him a Gold Star.

He was not about to refuse the honor, though, but resolved to earn it afterwards, as he forced himself to stand up a little bit straighter, unable to hide a tiny smile of satisfaction as he heard he was being promoted to full Lt as well!

"Thank you, sir", he said as the medal was affixed to his chest and the pip to his collar.

He couldn't help but look just a little bit proud, even though there was still sadness in his body language.

#19 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 592 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.08 @ 21:18 (09:18 PM)

Keval entered the party and spotted Pond from across the room. As he walked over in her general direction he stopped in his tracks for a moment. 

He had some news from home that had worried him but with all that was going on he decided it was best to be kept to himself. Before he got to Pond’s position the Captain got up onto the podium to give out awards. 

"Thank you all for coming to this little shindig," the Captain started. "I know our last mission was not exactly how we wanted or expected to go, but I believe everyone performed admirably. Before we begin, I do have some news." He paused for a moment. He had two different pieces of crew news, but one had not been confirmed yet. The other one had. Well, three if you include whatever is going on with M'Rour. "Our First Officer, Commander Praise, has been picked by Science Command to lead a special assignment, as well as take on a special position for said assignment. As such, I will be speaking with the higher-ups in regards to a new First Officer." Once he gauged the reaction of everyone, he continued.

Keval wondered how come this was so sudden. They not long had a Command change and now it was to chain again so soon. 

"With that bit of news out of the way, we can continue on with some rewards." Captain Simmons smiled before calling out the list of names he had. "Will Commander Velaul, Lieutenants Pond and Jensen, and Midshipman Krylixson please join me on the stage." He waited patiently as each of the officers came up. Once they were in place, he grabbed the boxes from underneath the podiums and walked over to each in line.

It was always good to see people being awarded for their efforts within such a dangerous mission. 

"Lieutenant Commander Velaul, for going above and beyond in the line of duty, you are hereby awarded the Star Fleet Achievement Medal. Well done." Smiling to her, he moved down. "Lieutenant Pond, also for going above and beyond in the line of duty, you are also hereby awarded the Star Fleet Achievement Medal. Great job. Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Jensen," he said as he moved to the next officer, "for exhibiting valor in the face of imminent danger, you are hereby awarded the Gold Star. Furthermore, you are also hereby promoted to the rank of full Lieutenant, with all of the privileges and responsibilities thereof. Congratulations." He stepped last in front of Krylixson with the last two boxes.

"Midshipman Krylixson. For also exhibiting valor in the face of imminent danger, you are awarded the Gold Star. You have also been granted the rank of Ensign. Wonderful job, Ensign."  He then turned to the crowd. "Everyone join me in congratulating these fine officers for all their hard work."

Keval cheered and clapped hard with the rest of the crew in appreciation of working with such fine officers. He was also pleased to see Jensen becoming a full Lieutenant as the guy did have a very difficult last mission. Keval also knew if it wasn't for Krylixson's idea the Ozaki may still be stranded to which he was just as proud to see him be promoted to Ensign like Jensen. 

Keval could see Jensen one day becoming a very good Chief of Security as he had the hard knocks just like the current COS. 

#20 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 592 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.08 @ 21:49 (09:49 PM)

After the initial greetings of the Captain and Young, they were joined by Vari. Luna was immensely pleased to see her and shot her a welcoming smile.

"That it is.." she agreed, taking a sip of her drink "We lost so many good people, so many brave souls." she mused, observing the room seems extremely quiet post mission even to her.

It was then the Chief Science Officer choreographed a pronominal tribute to the fallen officers and the Ozaki as a ship. Luna watched in wonderment, as the images unveiled before her. It was bittersweet in some respects, she had been on this ship a long time now so she knew many of her fellow colleagues and her eyes were glassy with emotion. However Luna agreed that it was more then a fitting tribute and when the performance came to an end Luna enthusiastically applauded and taking a few steps towards Beno she was full of praise.

"What a wonderful tribute, so fitting" she said, offering a small emotion filled smile.

She then turned to join Vari again, deep in thought, until her best friend pulled her right out of her musings.

Vari leaned one arm on her shoulder, “You will never guess what I found out.”

She spun Luna around to face her. “My stepsister- Arya, also known as like, my other best friend. She’s pregnant.”

A shocked expression crossed Luna's pale features "Eeeeek no way really!" was all she could utter flinging her arms around her best friend.

“She never showed any interest in being with a man for more than, like, five minutes. And now she’s having a baby,” she pouted slightly. “I’m starting to think I need to start prodding Sebok more. I’ll be only childless one out the lot of us. Aside from Elizabeth, but she’s too young.”

"Oh, Vari that's wonderful news you will be the coolest Auntie ever. As for yourself, all in good time, your time will come and when it does my goodness you will be the best mum this side of planet Earth."

At that moment, the Captain took to the Podium

"Thank you all for coming to this little shindig," he started. "I know our last mission was not exactly how we wanted or expected to go, but I believe everyone performed admirably. Before we begin, I do have some news."

"Our First Officer, Commander Praise, has been picked by Science Command to lead a special assignment, as well as take on a special position for said assignment. As such, I will be speaking with the higher-ups in regards to a new First Officer."

Luna was shocked, she had only just got used to the new Command structure and it was all about to change again. Only time would tell, how much things were going to change again. The Captain followed up the news about the Commander, calling some Officers including herself to join him on the stage. When he stopped at her, Luna listened intently to what the Captain had to say.

"Lieutenant Pond, also for going above and beyond in the line of duty, you are also hereby awarded the Star Fleet Achievement Medal. Great job."

Luna was stunned, she had only done her job. "Thank you very much Sir" she said in her soft velvety tone. As the Captain moved away and started talking to Jensen her chest filled with pride for her fellow Security Officer.

"A promotion and award greatly deserved congratulations Lieutenant" she said patting Peter on the shoulder.

When the awards were all handed out Luna turned to the group of them 

"Congratulations everyone" before turning and adding to Onyx "A well deserved promotion congratulations Ensign"

Scanning the room, Luna caught sight of Keval. A warm smile lit up her face and when she was allowed to depart the stage, she made her way over to him and kissed him warmly on the cheek in greeting.

"Hello Keval.. how are you?"

== Tag all ==

#21 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.09 @ 18:10 (06:10 PM)

Ensign Krylixson. The words rang through his head on repeat as he was handed not only a gold pip on his neck, but also a Gold Star. In his orientation to Star Fleet, he had learned about the verious honors that can be bestowed upon Star Fleet personnel. Onyx wanted none of them, since he had wanted to serve on some back-water outpost where the only action seen by anybody was watching the grass grow. Instead, he found himself on a frigate, the USS Ozaki. He prevented a probe from blowing up in his face, the whole ship being sunk and crushed like a tin can, and prevented complete annihilation by letting the enemy know that a Mirak is on board. The message, and the screams, still plagued in his mind. Wearing the Ensign pip, as well as the Gold Star, cloaked him in dishonor. He kept a straight face as the crew congratulated him, but he did not feel like smiling.

As he walked off the stage, he was commended by the enlisted engineers, as well as a few others of equal or higher rank, mostly higher rank. Taking his corner again, Onyx looked out the window as he became lost in his own thoughts. Onyx did not turn people away for congratulating him, yet it soon became clear that anything more than a 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' out of him was not going to happen.