Jump to content


Photo

Pond/Toreen Command Test


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 06:55 (06:55 AM)

==This thread is for Pond and Toreen's Command Certification. Invited players only, please.==

 

Administering a Command Certification. Jason had gotten pretty used to doing so since his time as Tyra's First Officer. Though, today would be a first for him.

 

I've never administered a test for two Officers at the same time. And with actual crew with them instead of just all holograms. But, he had taken the time, gotten everything loaded and submitted, and was now just waiting for everyone to arrive. He stepped into the empty Holodeck. Took a look around at the blank walls.

 

Security and Medical. I picked just the right program for them. He smiled before speaking. "Computer, load program Pond/Toreen Command-1." The familiar chime of confirmation sounded as the area around him changed. Instead of a blank room, he now stood on the Bridge of a Starship.

 

Basic schematics would show that the Bridge belonged to a Zeus-class Light Cruiser. The seats were all currently empty. While he waited, he decided to take a seat in the COs chair. He looked around. It reminded him of the Pegasus, the last ship he served on in the capacity of a Tactical Officer, the Chief Tactical Officer. Before he got the call from Tyra and changed the color of his uniform to a darker shade of red.

 

Now, he would be helping two of his Department Heads the chance to make the next step up. And the next step closer to wearing that same color. Here we go.

 

==Tag to all those involved.==


  • 0

#2 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 14:19 (02:19 PM)

Vari had straightened up her uniform quite a few times before she felt ready to leave her quarters. This was a big deal. A test that would confirm or deny her ability to lead a whole ship of people.

 

She and Pond had, eventually, decided to do their test together. The two of them were, after all, good friends, and had progressed through the ranks at roughly the same time. Regardless of that, the Chief Medical Officer had contracted a serious case of The Nerves.

 

A short burst of almost hysterical laughter left her at the medical-related thought, drawing looks from a couple of officers that walked by. She quickly turned it into a smile and nodded, only closing her eyes with a despairing expression after she was past them. Still the smirk remained.

 

Until she got to the holodeck, of course, and the nerves returned tenfold. Taking a final breath, she stepped inside and onto the bridge of their holographic ship. It seemed smaller than the Ozaki, and she took a second to get her bearings. Looking over for any weak spots, anything that she’d have to watch for. She was no tactician, but she knew how to assess a space (though part of the learning curve was, though she’d never admit it, due to running away from her bigoted peers back in the schoolyard).

 

After satisfying herself, Vari tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, resisting the urge to gnaw on the edge of her thumb. Or hyperventilate.

 

You’re in front of the Captain. Get it together, Toreen.

 

Summoning up a smile, she cleared her throat and looked at him.

 

I hope I’ve not been standing here looking like a daydreaming moron.

 

“Hey,” she said, before flinching slightly at that pathetic greeting. “Uh, sir. Sorry, I’m a bit nervous. This is… new to me.”

 

Folding her hands behind her back, she glanced around again. Her accent had come through a little more strongly than usual- while she’d worked hard to neutralize it over the years in space- mostly so that everyone could understand her- occasionally the sing-song tone of the Scottish Isles still pushed to the forefront. It couldn’t hurt to admit she was nervous, though- she was certain he’d understand that. Nerves were a necessary part of the job. It was how she controlled them that would judge her ability as a leader.

 

Wetting her lips, she smiled, “Never been on a ship other than the Ozaki, either. So this is all new.”

 

==Tag==


Edited by Lt Vari Toreen, Star Date 21811.29 @ 14:20 (02:20 PM).

  • 0

#3 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 14:46 (02:46 PM)

Of all people, why him?

 

Onyx was not sure why he got the message telling him to report to the Holodeck for a test. He wasn't being tested, so there was very little pressure on him. Sighing a little, he walked into the holodeck and he was immediately given the bridge layout of a Zeus-Class light cruiser. Every class of ship was different in terms of layouts, and as an Engineering cadet he was required to learn pretty much every single one. The Engineering console was behind the CO's left shoulder, facing away from the main view screen. He did not know what the exam entailed, he did not know how it would be graded. He also did not know if the safety protocols were engaged or not. In fact, it very much reminded him of the Academy final exam he took.

 

Upon entering, he saw the Captain seated on the Captain's chair and the Chief Medical Officer reporting to him. He did not really talk to the CMO much, maybe a few words in passing. The whole mission however he avoided her, and at no offence to her he wanted to keep it that way. Of course it would be inevitable for Onyx to get wounded and he might be under her care. At the present moment, he did not want to be anything more than what he was being asked to do.

 

Standing around the Captain and the CMO, Onyx stood easy as he reported in.

 

"Midshipman Krylixson, reporting as ordered."


  • 0

#4 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 18:29 (06:29 PM)

Getting the message to report to the Holo Deck, Beno had a feeling she knew why. It was going to be a thrill to go through the process again, but this time the pressure was going to be on someone else. Her uniform was definitely crisp and clean, ready for anything that can come their way. After all she had already been through it once, she was aware anything can happen. These things were designed to tax the ability of everyone involved.

When she got inside the Holo deck, she seen the other four officers and smiled really big. With this amount of officers it was going to be something incredibly special, and it was definitely a privilege just to be a part of it. The bridge of this ship was not one she was familiar with, but in her career she hadn’t been on that many at all. “Hello everyone really happy to help in any way I can.” She went into this not knowing anything about what was going to happen, there were two senior officers doing their test at the same time. With hers she had to think a lot on her feet, and with this it wasn’t going to be much different at all. All she knew was she was there to help them getting a passing grade.

Going to her station and activating it, she wanted to know what she had to work with. It was going to take a minute to get an inventory of what she had to work with. This was a new ship to her, and had no idea about what it holds. Finally when that got started, she turned to face the crew, she had a large amount of hope for everyone. “Are you going to be joining us Captain?” If not it was going to be either Pond or Toreen in command, it was their test and always fun to be part of it.

==Tag everyone ==
  • 0

#5 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 18:58 (06:58 PM)

It been a long time since Keval done his command training.

 

This was slightly different as it was Pond and Toreen at the same time. Which would make it all the more interesting.

 

Arriving outside the Holodeck, Keval straightened his uniform before stepping up to the door. The door slid back to reveal the Captain along with Toreen, Velaul and Krylixson already on a Bridge.

 

Stepping through the door he said “Captain, Doc, Commander Midshipman.” As he walked across the Bridge he paused for a moment.

 

“Isn’t this like the Pegasus Bridge. I served on her between my time on the Dauntless and Titan.” He commented looking towards the Captain before adding "Lieutenant Commander Keval ch'Alev reporting for duty." 

 

There was a pause before he said, 

 

“Where would you like me, Sir?” as he knew he was only assisting in this command assessment and not one of the two that were under pressure.

 

==Tag Captain and all==


Edited by LCdr Keval ch'Alev, Star Date 21811.29 @ 18:59 (06:59 PM).

  • 0

#6 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.29 @ 20:29 (08:29 PM)

Luna had been up since first thing in the morning, today she would be taking her Command Test and her stomach fluttered wildly with butterflies. In the last few days she had been trying to do some revision of various ship specifications and layouts, plus any other reading material that could be of use. Her quarters were littered with various PADDs, she kept meaning to pick them up and tidy away at the end of every revision session. However for the last 48 hours, she had gone to best exhausted and so another tidying opportunity had been missed.
 
Damn my nerves Luna thought to herself as she replicated herself a cup of coffee, as she sipped the hot liquid the tight knot of anxiety in her stomach seemed to slightly ease. Walking over to the closet she put on a clean crisp uniform replicated the night before and wrestled her hair into a high french braid, at least she wasn't doing this test alone and her best friend would be right there as well the whole time.
 
At least that is something to be grateful for. As she strode out the door and along the corridors to the Holodeck. Taking a couple of steadying breaths, she headed inside to see what awaited her.
 
Luna was pleasantly surprised to come face to face with not only Vari but Onyx, Beno and Keval as well. Although she was nervous she managed a smile and a nod to everyone present. Luna then focused on her overall surroundings, she observed that at present she was on the Bridge of a Zeus Class Light Cruiser.
 
"An interesting choice of vessel" she remarked quietly to herself.
 
From her revision, this was quite a versatile specification of a Starship. It filled her with a sense of excitement to be given the chance to command one, even if it was only in simulation. This kind of ship had excellent maneuverability she had researched and fire power that would put some vessels to shame. She only hoped that the simulation would have a bit of everything and the chance to experiment with all the ship had to offer and that she would not be left disappointed.
 
Luna then spotted the Captain and made her way over to report in, bringing herself up to attention she announced politely.
 
"Lieutenant Pond reporting for duty Sir"
 
== Tag All ==

  • 0

#7 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 21:10 (09:10 PM)

Peter entered the holodeck, not quite knowing what to expect. He knew that he'd be taking part in Lt. Pond's command exam, but it had taken him a while to wrap his mind around two facts: Not only that the exam would be with real officers instead of holograms - which, while certainly more realistic as it would be real people and not holograms - would also put constraints on the possible scenario involved.
He'd heard overheard stories in the cafeteria at the Academy from instructors who talked about their own command exams, where they'd been forced to order very realistic holographic versions of their close friends to their deaths to save the ship.

For obvious reasons, this could not happen here. So Peter wondered what was in store for them. And he hoped the safeties were on.

The second thing that confused him, was the fact that unlike other command exams, this would be shared between both Pond AND Toreen. Peter was more than a little sceptical of that decision, but his was neither to make reply, nor to question why. He did worry, though, that the shared focus would mean uncertainty as to who was actually calling the shots, and whose lead he would be following. That annoyed him to no end, as he took a deep breath and took a few steps further into the holodeck before clicking his heels.

"Lt. Jg. Jensen reporting as ordered", he announced, maintaining the formality he felt was appropriate for the occasion.

 

== Taggity! :D ==


  • 0

#8 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21811.30 @ 23:23 (11:23 PM)

The first person to arrive was the Chief Medical Officer. Jason didn't need to be an empath to realize this was nervous. Her greeting to him only confirmed as much. He smiled reassuringly to her.

 

“Never been on a ship other than the Ozaki, either. So this is all new.” Jason nodded. He had been on this type of ship. And a Destroyer, a Heavy Cruiser, and now the Ozaki, a Frigate. He found himself amazed at it, each time offering a new adventure, and helping him to grow.

 

"Yes. A Light Cruiser is definitely bigger than a Frigate, but small enough to still be agile." He smiled. "Though, the Ozaki is still a good little ship."

 

Further conversation was put on hold as more of the participants trickled in, starting with Krylixson. Though the tall Mirak seemed distant to most, Jason saw him as very capable and a huge asset to the crew, even if the Engineer didn't see it himself. Krylixson reported in as Midshipman, instead of his rank of Ensign. Probably not used to the new rank just yet. Jason greeted each in turn.

 

“Isn’t this like the Pegasus Bridge. I served on her between my time on the Dauntless and Titan.” ch'Alev was saying. “Where would you like me, Sir?”

 

"I served on her as my last assignment as Chief Tactical Officer before becoming a First Officer," Jason replied. "As far as your station, I'll get to that when everyone arrives."

 

Pond and Jensen were the last to arrive. Not too surprisingly, considering the amount of work the two had been doing in the Security Department. Once everyone had settled down, Jason cleared his throat.

 

"First, I want to thank everyone for coming in support of your fellow Officers," he began. "A Command Cert is a momentous occasion, and great undertaking for those who wish to continue to advance through not only the ranks, but as being able and trusted to take Command should the situation call for it. And it shows Command, and other Commanding Officers your capability if and when the time comes that someone is looking for a First Officer, and, eventually, a Commanding Officer." He gave a pause before continuing.

 

"Some of you are familiar with the Command Course," he looked over to Velaul and ch'Alev. "Your experience will be critical in assisting the candidates....though don't do the test for them." He smiled slyly at the comment.

 

"Now. For assignments." He pulled up the information on his PADD, going down the list in the order he had set it up. "Commander ch'Alev, you will be filling the position as Chief Tactical Officer. Commander Velaul, you'll be Chief Science Officer, so no change for you." He smiled a bit. "Lieutenant Jensen. As Lieutenant Pond will be filling one of the Command slots, you'll be assigned as Chief of Security. And Mr. Krylixson. You will be filling the role of Acting Chief Engineer. Now, as we don't have anyone from the Medical Department present, that position will be filled by a Hologram Officer, one Lieutenant Brent Lansing. I will not be joining you on this little endeavor."

 

He then looked to Pond and Toreen.

 

"Now, here comes the kicker. Before I produce your respective uniforms for this exercise, I need to know, per any discussion you two have had in preparation for the test, who will be taking the role of Commanding Officer, and who will be taking the role as First Officer."

 

==Tags all, especially Pond and Toreen.==


Edited by Capt Jason Simmons, Star Date 21812.13 @ 15:38 (03:38 PM).

  • 0

#9 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 19:13 (07:13 PM)

When the Captain welcomed them all, Peter stood up a bit straighter, more as a matter of reflex than anything else. And when he was chosen as COS for the purpose of this exercise, he nodded briefly. All focus would be on the two applicants, of course, as it should be, but he also knew that he had to do well himself if he was to have a shot at command himself one day.

It was as Simmons pointed out the obvious flaw in the construction of this training scenario that Peter had to force himself to refrain from rolling his eyes. He'd seen this coming too. Naturally one of the two would have to be XO, meaning that only one of them would actually have their command skills tested. The other would be a higher-tier version of the rest of them: Stringing along, following that person's lead.

BUt, as stated before, it was neither Peter's to make reply, or reason why. So he merely stood there, awaiting the decision, so the exam could progress.


  • 0

#10 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 19:36 (07:36 PM)

Admittedly, Vari bristled a little when the Captain mentioned the hologram that would be standing in for Medical. She was used to being very, very active in her job, and so the thought of allowing someone else to do it was oddly discomforting. But it was also, in an odd sort of way, a good thing. Putting her out of her usual role, getting her to try something new… her mum would be so proud.

 

When the Captain asked who would be filling what role, Vari smiled graciously.

 

“I’ll be taking on the role of First Officer while Luna will be Commanding Officer, sir,” she said. She paused for a moment at the realization she’d actually called her friend by her first name- odd. Normally she used some form of Pond, even when it was just the two of them, so the nerves were clearly getting to her a little more than she’d anticipated.

 

She pushed some hair behind her ear, ready to go- to a point. Her heart was still pounding and she was fairly sure her cheeks were probably flushed, making her a little more green than usual, but other than that she was- mostly- able to keep herself looking the picture of composure.

 

“And, uh, guys… thanks,” she said, finally, to the rest of the room. None of them had to help them, and she could only hope that one day she’d be able to return the favour.

 

As stoic and businesslike as she appeared while working- something only Luna and Sebok really saw, along with ch’Alev whenever he was with her best friend- she really did have a soft spot in her heart for everyone else there.

 

==Tag all==


  • 0

#11 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 20:51 (08:51 PM)

Onyx listened to the Captain and he realized that he was the lowest ranked person there. There was a problem he thought that having such a low ranking and experienced officer taking part in a crucial examination for not one but two officers wanting to be Command certified. Glancing at the other officers who would be tested, he had never really spoken to the Chief Medical Officer. The Chief of Security, so far, has been the most direct DH he had interacted with other than his own. Lieutenant Pond, who so far the the only officer whose name he remembered, seemed like the kind of person who could take command. The CMO however, to him, did not prove anything to him to settle an opinion for.

 

"And Mr. Krylixson. You will be filling the role of Acting Chief Engineer."

 

Nodding, Onyx glanced over at the station, just as it was revealed that the CMO would take the role of FO while Pond took CO. After a word of thanks from the CMO, Onyx nodded back, waiting for last minute instructions before manning his station.

 

==Tag.==


  • 0

#12 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.02 @ 21:11 (09:11 PM)

Luna listened in with interest, as the Captain gave his opening addresses to the officers assembled.
 
"First, I want to thank everyone for coming in support of your fellow Officers," he began. "A Command Cert is a momentous occasion, and great undertaking for those who wish to continue to advance through not only the ranks, but as being able and trusted to take Command should the situation call for it. And it shows Command, and other Commanding Officers your capability if and when the time comes that someone is looking for a First Officer, and, eventually, a Commanding Officer."
 
She could feel a knot form in her stomach, she was anxious and every part of her body was trying it's best to hold itself together.
 
I've gone through so much with this crew already, I just hope I am now equal to this next challenge so that I can progress in my career.
 
Glancing around the Bridge, Luna was humbled by the amount of support Vari and herself had simply by the assortment of officers assembled. She listened as the Captain highlighted the fact that some of them had previously passed Command Training, before reminding them not to do the test on the candidates behalf. She couldn't help by swear that a smile had just escaped the Captain and Luna raised her eyebrows in Vari's direction making sure this was out of the direct vision of the Simmons.
Jason had now focused in on herself and Toreen.
 
"Now, here comes the kicker. Before I produce your respective uniforms for this exercise, I need to know, per any discussion you two have had in preparation for the test, who will be taking the role of Commanding Officer, and who will be taking the role as First Officer."
 
Luna pressed her lips together and took a look at Vari who then spoke.
 
“I’ll be taking on the role of First Officer while Luna will be Commanding Officer, sir,”
 
At this statement, Luna pulled herself up straighter. She was about to talk Command of this scenario and now was no longer the time for nerves. She thought about the Ozaki's motto as she got around to addressing the Bridge, it had stuck with her since she had first arrived on board under the Command of Captain Tam and now seemed a good time to use it. Even if it was just for her own benefit.
 
"Thank you everyone for being here today, remember if we all work together anything is possible until victory always"
 
Luna then shot a reassuring glance at Jensen followed by a smile, she was glad he was here to take the Chief of Security role. Even if it was just for the upcoming scenario, it was a role that when the time came for her to move on she couldn't think of a more worthy successor then Peter.
 
It was on this note with bated breath, that Luna waited for the exam to begin.
 
== Tag all ==

  • 0

#13 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.03 @ 08:29 (08:29 AM)

Knowing that she has done her test, and now helping with another. She had to go the fine line between helping with the test, and doing it for them. There was one other person who went through the process, and he was going to have to know the difference as well. There was the original confusion about who was going to be in command, it was fortunate that the two women were in agreement on who was going to take command. Lieutenant Pond for this was going to be Captain, and that would mean that Lieutenant Toreen was now going to be Commander Toreen.

 

Waiting for them both to change into their alternate command red. It was when all of that was established, Beno crossed the bridge and went to the new Captain. "Captain Pond...... Lieutenant Commander Beno Velaul reporting in as Chief Science officer." Even though Captain Simmons was there, he would be the one running the test. She felt the person she should report too, would be the one who she should report too. Now that the whole team was there, what ever was going to come their way was going to make her test seem simple. However this was the crew of the Ozaki, no one was going to let their own down. The new Chief of Engineering, and Security, both of them were going to get a chance to see things from a whole new angle. It will also give them a chance to do a self evaluation, and see where their strengths are and areas they need to improve.

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#14 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.03 @ 20:27 (08:27 PM)

"I served on her as my last assignment as Chief Tactical Officer before becoming a First Officer," The Captain replied. "As far as your station, I'll get to that when everyone arrives."
 
“Understood.” Responded Keval as then the final two arrived being Pond and Jensen. 
 
"First, I want to thank everyone for coming in support of your fellow Officers," Captain Simmons began. "A Command Cert is a momentous occasion, and great undertaking for those who wish to continue to advance through not only the ranks, but as being able and trusted to take Command should the situation call for it. And it shows Command, and other Commanding Officers your capability if and when the time comes that someone is looking for a First Officer, and, eventually, a Commanding Officer." He gave a pause before continuing.
 
It did seem there was a lot of tension in the air he could feel it through the antenna. 
 
"Some of you are familiar with the Command Course," he looked over to Velaul and ch'Alev. "Your experience will be critical in assisting the candidates....though don't do the test for them." The Captain smiled slyly at the comment.
 
Keval gave a glanced towards Beno with a small trace of a smile across his lips before the Captain said, 
 
"Now. For assignments." He pulled up the information on his PADD, going down the list in the order he had set it up. "Commander ch'Alev, you will be filling the position as Chief Tactical Officer. Commander Velaul, you'll be Chief Science Officer, so no change for you." He smiled a bit. "Lieutenant Jensen. As Lieutenant Pond will be filling one of the Command slots, you'll be assigned as Chief of Security. And Mr. Krylixson. You will be filling the role of Acting Chief Engineer. Now, as we don't have anyone from the Medical Department present, that position will be filled by a Hologram Officer, one Lieutenant Brent Lansing. I will not be joining you on this little endeavor."
 
Keval gave a nod to the Captain in his response to the position before the Captain asked the two officers who were undergoing the test who would be FO and CO. 
 
The Doc decided on being FO which meant Pond would be CO for this little test. Pond then gave a speech which indicated the Ozaki dedication plaque. 
 
“Captain Pond and Commander Toreen. Sounds like some kind of Earth fairy tale.” He commented towards Oynx before adding. 
 
“No pressure on you Acting Chief Engineer.” In a low voice. 
 
Keval took a couple of steps towards the new command team. 
 
“Captain Pond, would you like me on the tactical station or on the helm?” he asked her.
 
==Tags, Pond and all, let the fun begin==

  • 0

#15 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.03 @ 21:18 (09:18 PM)

As the simulation was about to start, Peter nodded, bracing himself for he knew not what, but it was sure to be interesting. He decided then and there to play this as close to real as possible. He, too nodded briefly to Capt. Simmons, before turning his attention towards Pond.
He forced himself to shove any other thoughts out of his mind for the moment. In the here and now, the point was to perform as close to a real situation as possible.

Which also meant that he wasn't going to pull any punches. Peter had to put himself in the position of actually being COS, with the responsibility and duty associated with this. His instinct had so far been to simply click his heels and say amen to everything. He knew that in this exercise, he couldn't. Because if it was real, he couldn't Obey, certainly, but also present options and voice concerns.
Peter took a few steps forward towards Pond, and cleared his throat:

"Leftenant Jensen reporting for duty, Captain. What are my orders?", he asked solemnly.


  • 0

#16 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.06 @ 00:30 (12:30 AM)

Sitting in the Commander's chair, Vari tried to familiarize herself with it all. She was certain her face gave away her thoughts- namely, what the hell am I doing here? It felt bizarre, being in charge of people on a basis like this, but she held herself straight as people asked questions of Pond.

 

Commander Vari Toreen. She tested it out in her mind and found she was not entirely opposed to the sound of it. She crossed her legs in front of her and glanced at the controls around her, tried to further familiarize herself with the Bridge before they had to start going through whatever scenario the Captain had prepared for them. As soon as the questions were finished flowing and everyone was assigned to their posts, she glanced over at her best friend, waggling her eyebrows.

 

"This is what we've been gearing up for, eh, Pondy?" she looked forwards. "Let's get this show on the road."

 

And it'd be fine, really. Provided they didn't come across any Romulans or... well, full-blooded Orions, because that'd spiral her into a panic.

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#17 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.06 @ 19:51 (07:51 PM)

After she had changed into the Command uniform, Luna made her way out across the Bridge. The change of colour felt odd and Luna's head was screaming at her.
 
What the h*** are you doing her, parading around in a colour you have no right to wear
 
Trying her best to shake the initial doubt "Well everyone has to start somewhere" she uttered under her breath, as she came to a stand still in front of the Captain's chair. It was at this point, that Valeul, ch'Alev and Jensen reported in to her.
 
"Captain Pond...... Lieutenant Commander Beno Velaul reporting in as Chief Science officer."
 
Luna gave a respectful nod "Thank you Commander glad to have you aboard, please go ahead and take your console."
 
A short time after this, ch'Alev followed suit.
 
“Captain Pond, would you like me on the tactical station or on the helm?” he asked her.
 
A hint of a smile, brushed over Luna's lips, there was only one place she could put such a skilled pilot like Keval.
 
"Commander ch'Alev please take up your station at the helm"
 
Finally Jensen came over to report in.
 
"Leftenant Jensen reporting for duty, Captain. What are my orders?", he asked solemnly.
 
Luna gave another respectful nod "Thank you Lieutenant, glad to have you aboard. As for your orders please take your station at the Security console.
 
Once everyone was stationed, Luna turned and took a seat in the Captain's chair. Running her fingers along the arms of the chair she drummed her fingers lightly and inspected her surroundings, she wasn't sure what to expect next as she crossed her legs at the ankle and waited for the simulation to start. Taking a few steady breaths, Luna glanced over in the direction of Vari.
 
"This is what we've been gearing up for, eh, Pondy?" Vari said waggling her eyebrows
 
"Sure is Commander" she replied, giving her a wink
 
"Ok everyone let's do this"
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#18 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.07 @ 21:05 (09:05 PM)

Peter smiled and nodded at Pond's instruction.

 

"As you command", he answered her and went over to the security console to take his station. He was unable to hide a slight frown at Pond and Toreen breaking immersion with that familiar tone, but he said nothing, and focused instead on familiarizing himself with the layout of the ship that had been chosen for the simulation, as well as the number and qualifications of the NPCs he'd have at his disposal for the duration of the test, to help Pond as best as he could.


  • 0

#19 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.08 @ 06:54 (06:54 AM)

Having her orders, she knew exactly what she had to do. Giving a quick smile, and a small. “Aye Captain.” Beno went back to her station, and waited for what was going to happen next. It seemed like everyone had their orders, but there was one thing left to do. That was to wait, wait and see.

Taking a good look around the bridge, she was happy to be part of it. With the ship that they had, who knew what kind of mission they were going to go on. Part of her did hope for a science mission, but odds were it wasn’t. The waiting was always the hard part, and this was no different.
  • 0

#20 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.08 @ 21:03 (09:03 PM)

"Commander ch'Alev please take up your station at the helm" said Pond to which ch’Alev replied 
 
“Aye Captain.” And headed to the helm position. 
 
Sliding into the seat it took him back to the time when he was on the USS Pegasus. It felt strange but at the same time fun to be able to go back to those feelings. It made him want to at some point visit the holodeck and maybe pull up the Titan Bridge. 
 
His thoughts were broken by Pond who said 
 
"Ok everyone let's do this"
 
“Aye Captain, helm is ready for your orders.” Reported back ch’Alev. 
 
==Tags Pond and all==

  • 0

#21 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.09 @ 19:55 (07:55 PM)

==Alright. Everything should be back to normal now==

 

Jason couldn't help but smile at how smoothly the two transitioned to their positions, and with Pond ensuring everyone was at their stations. With everything set, Jason pressed a button and holographic crew filled the other stations. The lights also dimmed, and the ship went into a frozen Red Alert.

 

"Alright, everyone," he said. "Welcome aboard the USS Oberon. Your current mission was to join two other ships, the USS Valiant and the USS Cromwell, as an escort for delegates from Vulcan and the Democratic Romulan Republic. En route to your final stop, you came under attack by some terrorists known to frequent this area, hence the need for a Heavy Cruiser, a Light Cruiser, and a Destroyer. I'll let the rest of the scenario play out itself. Computer, start program."

 

With his words, Jason disappeared from the simulation, and everything started up. An Enlisted at comms spoke up.

 

"Captain, the terrorists have managed to disable the Cromwell's engines," he was saying, his rank denoting a Chief Petty Officer. "She's still got weapons, so she's working them good. They're primarily targeting the Valiant now, though. It's strong, but definitely outnumbered. Gotta few messing with us."

 

His report definitely held a looming question in the air. Which ship to help out. However, another alert came out.

 

"We've got reports of enemy boarders on Deck 3."

 

==On to you guys==


  • 0

#22 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.11 @ 18:24 (06:24 PM)

Peter groaned. Straight into action, it seemed. Very well.

 

"Dispatching security teams to repel the boarders", he announced before he tapped his badge. He didn't know who the ACOS was - of course a hologram but nothing else was known. At the moment, he also didn't know what he was supposed to do. Was he supposed to stay here on the bridge, or lead the security forces in repelling the boarders?
He decided that this was going to be Captain Pond's first command decision.

"Captain!", he called for her attention. "Do you want me to lead the teams myself, or have the ACOS handle the boarders?"

In his mind it was a legit question. She could need this advice here on the bridge as well. Though in his voice was the hope that she'd tell him to go lead the teams personally.


  • 0

#23 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.12 @ 00:15 (12:15 AM)

Listening carefully to the specifications of the mission, Vari noted the Red Alert that they seemed to have been thrown into. Seemed that they'd be right on it, then. Jensen spoke up immediately, jumping into action, and Vari glanced over at the blonde.

 

"I can head down if need be. Or acoompany the Lieutenant," she said, but she'd wait for permission - she didn't know, after all, if Pond would need her on the bridge. The phaser on her hip felt like a million pounds when faced with this situation.

 

Doctor's hands aren't meant for killing, she thought to herself, but quickly shut it down. It was natural to have a moral dilemma, of course - the only times she'd felt reponsible for people's deaths were the ones on the operating table, the ones who breathed their last when she was trying to help. But there was always the option of stunning them, if they didn't pose an immediate threat. Her fingers curled in her chair, ready to stand up if required.

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#24 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.12 @ 18:05 (06:05 PM)

As the simulation started, the console in front of Onyx came to life. Doing a diagnostic that he still did at the Academy, it only went as far as the overall condition of the Oberon, the Zeus-class Light Cruiser they were being tested in. Correction, that Pond and Toreen were being tested. Onyx still tested himself in the sense that he was presented with a challenge. Everything was at maximum combat readiness. Full power to shields, engines, weapons, and other necessary systems were already preset for the test.

 

When the test began, and the Red Alert blared in defiance to any notion of a calm exam, Onyx listened to Comms tell them that one ship is severely damaged yet still fighting, the other one looked busy. Onyx himself also got busy, but mainly in his mind. From an Engineering perspective, if the Cromwell's engines are disabled, than there is possibly a chance that the Cromwell's other systems will soon shut down. If their core got damaged, or their reactors got damaged, the Cromwell will be easy pray within moments if her crew does not do something quick.

 

The alarm of they already have company within their own ship was not settling, and Onyx quickly remembered what was on the 3rd deck of a Zeus class. Much like a doctor, Engineering cadets were expected to know every class of vessel, component, and equipment Star Fleet has to offer, just in case they wind up on any ship in the fleet. Onyx then glanced over to the Acting Chief of Security, whose name Onyx did not remember, as well as the Acting Command Crew

 

"The Science Labs are located on that deck. Transporter Room 1 is one deck above them and the Secondary Computer Core as well as the Shuttle Bay is one deck below them."

 

Onyx, still being a young officer, reported what he thought was relevant. In his mind though, Onyx is a born hunter, and placed himself in the position of his enemy. One thing did not make sense. Why would they go to deck 3 instead of a more...sensitive location?

 

==Tag.==


  • 0

#25 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.12 @ 22:05 (10:05 PM)

Before the simulation began, the Captain welcomed everyone aboard the starship simulation. Luna listened carefully, from now on she was responsible for at least half of all decisions made here.
 
How does a Captain sleep at night sometimes? I will never know
 
"Alright, everyone," he said. "Welcome aboard the USS Oberon. Your current mission was to join two other ships, the USS Valiant and the USS Cromwell, as an escort for delegates from Vulcan and the Democratic Romulan Republic. En route to your final stop, you came under attack by some terrorists known to frequent this area, hence the need for a Heavy Cruiser, a Light Cruiser, and a Destroyer. I'll let the rest of the scenario play out itself. Computer, start program."
 
With his words, the Captain disappeared from the simulation, and everything started up. An Enlisted at comms spoke up.
 
"Captain, the terrorists have managed to disable the Cromwell's engines," he was saying, his rank denoting a Chief Petty Officer.
 
"She's still got weapons, so she's working them good. They're primarily targeting the Valiant now, though. It's strong, but definitely outnumbered. Gotta few messing with us."
 
Luna thought for a moment, even though it was hard to be certain which ship was most in need. One was minus engines but still had good fire power the other outnumbered. She bit her lip, they couldn't help the Cromwell with their engines whilst in the middle of a fire fight so she opted to protect the one getting the heaviest assault.
 
Turning and addressing ch'Alev she spoke up, turning her attention to each officer in turn as she spoke.
 
"Commander, we need to assist the Valiant primarily as they are under heavy fire bring us around to try and block any heavy damage whilst they get out of here. Jensen relay a message to the Valiant to inform them of our plan and then give the attackers a taste of our weapons to ward them off. Krylixson keep an eye on our weapons and engines, the last thing we need is to get into trouble whilst trying to assist. Anything to put us in danger inform me at once."
 
It was then more bad news would come their way.
 
"We've got reports of enemy boarders on Deck 3."
 
Great now comes company
 
Jensen was first to speak up to go, naturally Luna wanted him to be part of the unwelcome guest disembarkation team. She was also aware that Vari needed to show her command skills too, so she used this to her advantage. The offer to accompany Jensen from Vari, received a nod from her.
 
"Commander, Lieutenant please go and show our guests the way out."
 
When they had left, Luna turned to Beno.
 
"Enlighten me Valeul? What would they need with Deck 3 anyway?"
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#26 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.12 @ 22:21 (10:21 PM)

Peter nodded at Pond's order.

 

"As you command", he repeated, before he stood aside allowing for Toreen to move into the turbolift first, before he tapped his own comm-badge and followed:

"Jensen to ACOS. Please report to the security station on the bridge on the double. And have team Alpha meet Cdr. Toreen and myself at deck three. Phasers to setting four", he ordered the hologram as he entered the turbolift checking his holographic phaser's setting was set accordingly.

 

As the turbolift made its way towards the destination, there was no sign of Peter taking this lightly. He had always been good at getting into a simulation, and this was no different.


  • 0

#27 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.12 @ 23:42 (11:42 PM)

==So far, so good everyone. Before I get into any advancing of the plot in response to your actions, time to drop the bombshell on our testers. One of the stages of the Command Course is a question and answer portion. I have a few rules in regards to this. A few of these questions will require some research (not always on our wiki, but still within FedSpace canon), and some will test your decision making process (outside of the simulation). For the decision based questions, please keep the answers as brief, but complete as possible (usually a few sentences to a paragraph). I don't need to read a page's worth of decisions. ;). Furthermore, I will specify who gets what questions. This means that those questions fielded to Pond must be answered by Pond, and likewise with Toreen. No answering the other's questions.

 

So, without further ado, here are some questions:

 

For Pond:

1) When and where were the Articles of the Federation signed, and who were the Member States to sign it?

 

For Toreen:

1) What does General Order 11 state?

 

For both:

2) There is an issue between two players, one of which is a DH, the other a normal member of a different department. After they go through the proper Chain of Command, placing you in the position of FO or CO, What are your actions/suggestions to resolve the issue?

 

Alright, with your initial questions out of the way, I'm going to allow you the opportunity to answer, though will probably get on after work to progress the plot (because my break is almost over, and I don't think I'll have time to get the plot advancement out).==


Edited by Capt Jason Simmons, Star Date 21812.13 @ 15:45 (03:45 PM).

  • 0

#28 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.13 @ 03:25 (03:25 AM)

More than a little shocked about the speed of getting right in to it, she was pleased with what the reactions were around her. Nothing like jumping right in to things, just to get that heart rate up. She thought to herself as things were springing into action, the Chief Security Officer was mounting up to show the guests out. Now looking at the deck layout there was nothing of real value to intruders, just like Krylixson said it was just a science deck.

 

“On deck three there is nothing of real value, the Science Computer, stellar cartography, and astrometrics.” She said while thinking a little more. Nothing about these things are ever as they seem. While putting through the command to lock down her deck, the best she could while still on the bridge. “I could be wrong, but my first thought would be to get a strong foothold. Possibly even hostages, as Science is not as skillfully trained in hand to hand as Security.” She was hoping that Tactical would pipe in, and give his evaluation and possibly something that she never took into account.

 

She wasn’t exactly sure how much of that deck she could seal off, but Security would be able to use theirs and go freely throughout the ship. Now let’s see if there is anything that can work to our advantage, is there anything around us that can make life difficult for the attackers? Scanning the area she was looking for a special anomaly, either natural or being created by the attacks and even the ships engines.

 

==Tags GM input on spacial anomaly’s my answer is 42 it’s the answer to everything ==


Edited by LCdr Beno Velaul, Star Date 21812.13 @ 03:26 (03:26 AM).

  • 0

#29 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.14 @ 18:43 (06:43 PM)

"Alright, everyone," Captain Simmons said. "Welcome aboard the USS Oberon. Your current mission was to join two other ships, the USS Valiant and the USS Cromwell, as an escort for delegates from Vulcan and the Democratic Romulan Republic. En route to your final stop, you came under attack by some terrorists known to frequent this area, hence the need for a Heavy Cruiser, a Light Cruiser, and a Destroyer. I'll let the rest of the scenario play out itself. Computer, start program."
 
With that the Captain left them to the simulation and ch’Alev could sense the tension in the air between them all as the reports came in. 
 
"Commander, we need to assist the Valiant primarily as they are under heavy fire bring us around to try and block any heavy damage whilst they get out of here. Jensen relay a message to the Valiant to inform them of our plan and then give the attackers a taste of our weapons to ward them off. Krylixson keep an eye on our weapons and engines, the last thing we need is to get into trouble whilst trying to assist. Anything to put us in danger inform me at once."
 
Keval nodded and responded “Understood, Captain.  Using attack pattern Beta.” As ch’Alev’s hands went across the helm. 
 
It was while he was doing this there came a message they also had been boarded to….. 
 
 
==GM Input: Does ch'Alev execute attack pattern Beta?==

Edited by LCdr Keval ch'Alev, Star Date 21812.14 @ 19:06 (07:06 PM).

  • 0

#30 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.14 @ 23:31 (11:31 PM)

==Meant to get to this sooner, but, toddler.==

 

==For Velaul==

 

At the moment, there didn't seem to be any space anomalies in the immediate vicinity, though there was something she wasn't able to get a good reading on a little under a lightyear away.

 

==For ch'Alev==

 

Attack Pattern Beta was successfully executed, and just in time.

 

==For everyone on the Bridge==

 

ch'Alev had executed Attack Pattern Beta (we'll go with -2). The arc had actually managed to avoid initial incoming fire. The attack was fairly successful as well. From the looks of things, the attacking ships had decent shields in the front, but side and rear shields we not as strong. It was also apparent that one of the ships had previously engaged in the battle, as it's shields collapsed. The hits it took appeared to disable it, and it started drifting. It also ceased to fire.

 

The other ship attacking managed to handle the brunt of the attack. It adjusted it's maneuvering and returned fire. The phasers hit the Oberon's shields on the rear ventral side. The weapons of the ship did not seem to pack too much of a punch, only dropping the Oberon's shields down to 96%. It was obvious that a single ship wasn't going to do much to a Federation ship with decent Offensive and Defensive capabilities. In large numbers, however, they could present problems. And they had quite the number.

 

Though they could see that about six of the enemy ships had major damage or were afloat, there was still roughly a dozen working on the Federation escorts.

 

There came another alert. Boarders had now also appeared on Deck 9.

 

==For Toreen and Jensen==

 

When the two arrived on Deck 3, they could hear the sounds of phaser fire being exchanged. When they approached, they saw the Security teams engaged against the boarders. There was one Security member down. Rank denoted an Ensign. The two would be able to see down the corridor to see the boarders. It was a seven person group, including Orions, Nausicaans, and what appeared to be a Retellian. There were two more behind the group down.

 

A Bolian male member of Security, rank denoting Lieutenant (Junior Grade), stepped back when he saw the two.

 

"Commander. Lieutenant," he said addressing them, "Lieutenant Tran Adigg. We've stopped their advance here, but have been unable to push them back at the moment. Any suggestions?"

 

==Tag all==


  • 0

#31 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.15 @ 11:25 (11:25 AM)

"Report!", Peter barked as the two of them exited the turbolift and saw the other officers. He returned the Bolian's greeting and listened to the status update, then looked at Toreen:

"We've got two options, as I see it, sir. One is you giving me your sidearm, I set it to overload, and lob it at the intruders to use as a grenade. We then take advantage of the chaos of the explosion to rush them and exterminate them. The other is to try to flank them somehow. The first option is riskier, but more efficient and faster, the second option is theoretically safer, but will take extra time - time that we might not have, depending on the situation elsewhere on the ship", he explained calmly as the security personnel kept the intruders at bay, awaiting Toreen's decision.

 

== Taggity! :D ==


Edited by Lt. Peter Jensen, Star Date 21812.15 @ 11:25 (11:25 AM).

  • 0

#32 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.16 @ 05:27 (05:27 AM)

The crew entered combat, and Onyx kept a close eye on the systems. The Oberon was doing fine under the circumstances, and the first ship engaged took damage. A few well placed torpedo hits would send the enemy's soul to answer to their ancestors. It was not his call, nor was it his fight. Instead, the focus centered around the ship's systems. Something else caught his hearing, and it was the report that there were intruders on Deck 9. A quick thought concerned him as he saw an overall layout of the ship. Parasites go for all of the main systems, of which go for the most vital weakness within a hunter. Quickly, he sent a message to the Engineers in Main Engineering. 

 

[Isolate all compartments and seal them with maximum force fields. Coordinate with Security to repeal all boarders.]

 

With the message sent, he turned his head to address the Captain. Before he did though, Onyx had a thought.

 

\I{How are they getting on board in the first place?}

 

"Ma'am, I've ordered my department to prepare for all boarders and seal the critical areas. They're also on the same desk as our fusion reactors."

 

Onyx then blinked.

 

"Permission to modulate the shields randomly to avoid more intruders beaming aboard?"

 

==Tag Pond. GM does Engineering manage to isolate as much of the sensitive engineering sections as possible?==


  • 0

#33 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.17 @ 21:39 (09:39 PM)

Biting her lip, Vari looked over at Jensen. "While the grenade idea is clever, we're best sticking to the safest option. We can't guarantee that we're not going to have to deal with more intruders later on, and I don't really want to do that with half a security crew and no weapon," she replied, keeping her voice low so as to avoid drawing attention. Her eyes roamed over the boarding party and she looked at Jensen again.

 

"I want the male members of the team to stay back. I see a charming shade of green a little further ahead, and if it's a female Orion I don't really want to test whether or not she has an inhibitor," she added. As always happened when faced with Orions, her attention zeroed in on her own inhibitor. She wasn't really sure if she could really feel it any more, or if it was just her imagination making it ever-more apparent. She cleared her throat. "Do we have a way to distract them, draw their attention, maybe? I suppose we could try and stun a few of them before they get down here. We should keep a few alive to find out a little bit more about what exactly the plan is, here."

 

Adjusting her phaser accordingly, she looked down the hall, carefully scanning for any appropriate hiding places.

 

==Tag. Is there anywhere down the hall the team could use to get closer to the boarders without being seen?==


  • 0

#34 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.18 @ 08:47 (08:47 AM)

She wasn’t exactly sure how things were going to unfold, but the intruders were a good touch. As she listened to everything going on, Beno wondered if that was something that Tactical would do but never really brought it up. The one lingering thought that she had in mind, was how the heck were they boarding?

While using internal sensors, Beno was looking for any trace of long range transport activity. If they were using them, they would be able to go through the shields like they were not even there. There was also that anomaly that was not too far away, by focusing her sensors to that spot she hoped to uncover the mystery of what it was hiding.

==GM input please==
  • 0

#35 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.18 @ 19:36 (07:36 PM)

Peter looked very surprised when he heard Toreen's decision, but he instantly nodded. He was not certain of the wisdom of it, indeed he was certain the decision was a mistake, but this was her test, and he was going to do his best to help her. Especially her "keep the men back" was offensive to him, but it was not the right place nor the right time for a discussion on stereotypes.

"As you command", he nodded, then looked at the Bolian Lt. Jg.

"Right, you heard the Commander. Any women in the team find a way around while we keep them distracted here. Try to take at least one of them alive, but don't take stupid chances. If it's them or you, it's them. Understood?", he asked rhetorically as he looked over towards the security people they had available to see if any capable women stood out.


  • 0

#36 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.19 @ 20:25 (08:25 PM)

The initial attack patterns made by ch'Alev appeared to have worked, one of the ships ceased fire thus appearing to give them a little breathing space even if it was a very little. Luna could breath a little easier.
 
"Good job Commander" she said, as she offered up praise for a job well done. "Now let's hope that Jensen can disembark our visitors." saying this to no one in particular Luna kept an eye for further alerts that would appear to crop up.
 
It was at this moment that another alert came through, more boarders on Deck 9.
 
Oh H*** Luna's thoughts screamed at her, but ever the professional she maintained an air of calm.
 
Luna then decided enough was enough.
 
"Shield's up red alert" she exclaimed in a commanding tone, very unlike her usual gentle lilting tone.
 
Then, as if the light coming out of the wilderness Onyx was next to speak up.
 
"Ma'am, I've ordered my department to prepare for all boarders and seal the critical areas. They're also on the same desk as our fusion reactors."
 
"Very good Ensign" she replied, as he spoke again.
 
"Permission to modulate the shields randomly to avoid more intruders beaming aboard?"
 
Luna nodded "Granted" as she tapped her comm badge to send a message first to Vari and then Jensen.
 
"Pond here, further intruders located on Deck 9 I repeat Deck 9."
 
== Tag all ==
 

  • 0

#37 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.22 @ 07:39 (07:39 AM)

==I forgot to mention this, but the answers need to be posted on this thread. :)==

 

==For Krylixson==

 

Report came in that Engineering had been as locked down as possible, and everything seemed well guarded at the moment.

 

==For Toreen and Jensen==

 

As things would have it, there was a Jeffries Tube right next to the buckled down Security Team. It might take a little bit, but it seemed one of the easier ways around the team.

 

At a moment, however, there was only one other female among the Security group. A Trill Ensign. She stepped towards Jensen and Toreen.

 

"At your service, sirs," she said, a certain fire in her eyes.

 

While this was going on, both Jensen and Toreen were able to get a view at the intruders to the ship. There didn't appear to be any females in the group.

 

They received the shipwide transmission from Pond regarding the intruders on Deck 9.

 

==For Velaul==

 

At first, it appeared the transports were happening normally, usually at a point where the shield harmonics naturally remodulated. There was a way to circumvent this, but it would require a shift in power that would weaken the weapons. It would also require authorization from three Senior Officers.

 

The anomaly appeared naturally, though it could help in masking the moments the transport signals from all ships that were going out, which would explain why the Oberon didn't get notifications of boarders until they were already aboard. It could be deduced that such a naturally occurring anomaly could be the reason this was such a hot spot for the terrorists.


  • 0

#38 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.22 @ 10:18 (10:18 AM)

Peter smiled at the Ensign's willingness to serve, noticing the look in her eyes. That was what he wanted to hear.

 

"Good job, Ensign", he said, then gestured to the Jeffries tube. "Use that tube to go around them and come at them from behind. We'll keep them occupied while you do. I suggest setting your phaser to wide dispersal to get them all at once. And...", he said slightly reluctantly, but did go on: "You heard the Commander. If we can take them alive, that's what we do. Go. And hurry!", he instructed as he knelt down and took his position in the firing line, then looked back at Toreen:

"Stay back, sir", he suggested. "We're trained for this. Take cover", he said before he returned his attention to the intruders, aiming his phaser at the head of one who popped out of cover, just as Pond's transmission came through.

 

He cursed himself. Deck 9. That's where the critical areas were. This intrusion on deck 3 had been a diversion.

"Damn it!", he hissed before he tapped his badge:

"This is Jensen. You heard the Captain. Intruder alert. Any available security teams head to Deck 9 and terminate the intruders with extreme prejudice", he ordered.
 


Edited by Lt. Peter Jensen, Star Date 21812.22 @ 10:19 (10:19 AM).

  • 0

#39 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.26 @ 23:22 (11:22 PM)

Not exactly sure what to report, and how much was going too far. Doing what was needed, was always her function on the bridge. One of the functions was presenting the best possible solutions. One of them was keeping unwanted people off of the ship. It would take the three senior officers to do so. The power that was needed would strengthen their shields but weaken the weapons.

 

"Captain I have a partial solution for your consideration, but the results would weaken our weapons. On the upside, the unwanted party crashers would have no way to get back on the ship. It would require the authorization of three Senior officers to do so." Waiting on the response from Luna she was looking deeper into the anomaly.

 

"Now this is something that perks my interest, a mystery in a mystery." She started to talk to herself. There was something about this anomaly that was in the very heart of the whole thing, the problem was going to be how to naturalize the whole thing. Sending a signal to Stellar Cartography, the target was the anomaly. Their equipment should shed more light on the subject, was there a natural tear in the space time continuum? Did someone figure out how to use this to their advantage? or was there another way too look at this that she didn't think of yet.

 

==Tag and GM input please==


  • 0

#40 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.27 @ 15:26 (03:26 PM)

Upon a second glance revealing no Orion females, Vari let out a sigh of relief. It hadn’t been a personal attack on the men - but she’d seen both Commander Ducote and Dyatlov lose their minds because an Orion came on board once - let alone the men that had been around her before her suppressor, and her aunts on a good day -  she knew the power they could have over men.

 

Although slightly miffed at being told to stay back, Vari did - though she popped her head around at one point to take aim at the intruders. When she heard that though, more intruders, she groaned.

 

F*ck. They’ll have their best down there, Chief. Which means we need our best down there. Or a lot of backup.”

 

She tapped her foot slightly, narrowing her eyes. “I’ll head up there. I have enough tactical training to do me.”

 

Crouching to avoid detection, she started to move towards the elevator, the adrenaline luckily having taken away the majority of her nerves.

 

Small miracles.

 

==Tag==


Edited by Lt Vari Toreen, Star Date 21812.27 @ 15:26 (03:26 PM).

  • 0

#41 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.28 @ 07:16 (07:16 AM)

"I agree", Jensen said as he popped back into cover to answer her. "Which is why we need to distract these long enough for the Ensign to get around", he finished as he popped out again to take another shot before going back into cover. When he did, though, he saw that she was no longer where she was, and in a panic he looked around, spotting her moving towards the elevator.

For f.cks sake!, he swore inside his head, as he looked over at Adigg. "You're in charge here. Cover us!", he said, gesturing to himself and Toreen as he got up, before he finished: "Get this cleaned up!". Then he moved as fast as he could to get behind Toreen, putting himself between her and the enemy, hoping that the team could distract the intruders long enough for the two of them to be out of the line of fire.


  • 0

#42 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21812.29 @ 19:24 (07:24 PM)

 
The attack pattern that Keval had chosen seemed to have worked and even he received praise from Pond. 
 
"Good job Commander" 
 
However, their relief was short lived as it seemed if they had been invaded themselves. 
 
"Shield's up red alert" Pond exclaimed in a commanding tone, very unlike her usual gentle lilting tone.
 
Keval spun around in his seat. 
 
“Any chance of putting up force fields in the sections they are in. So, we can hold them until we get to them?” ch'Alev suggested. 
 
==Tag Pond, Toreen and all==

  • 0

#43 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21812.30 @ 23:20 (11:20 PM)

“Any chance of putting up force fields in the sections they are in. So, we can hold them until we get to them?” ch'Alev suggested.
 
Yes
 
That could work, or at the very least give our Commander and Security teams a quick breather.
 
Pond's Icy blue eye's scanned the Bridge, looking at the officers she had to work with. Firstly she turned to ch'Alev.
 
"I agree that may very well work, let's try it"
 
"Place a Security force around the location of our guests on Deck 9"
 
She then turned to Velaul
 
"Commander can you perform a scan to see if our visitors have any sensitive data that they could use against us and also work alongside Security to pinpoint the invaders so we can precisely place our force fields to stop them advancing."
 
Addressing the Bridge as a whole
 
"We need to know what they know about us, so the cards are hypothetically in our favour when we track them down and then show them the door."
 
Luna stood up and took a turn around the Bridge, before tapping her comm badge
 
"Pond to Jensen... Report... I've hopefully slowed down our guests from this end what have you got for me Lieutenant?"
 
== GM Input please - Are the force fields successful? ==
 

== Tags all round ==


Edited by Lt Luna Pond, Star Date 21812.30 @ 23:23 (11:23 PM).

  • 0

#44 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.01 @ 23:29 (11:29 PM)

Onyx glanced over at the readouts and he did all that he could do from an Engineering point of view. The shields were up, the Mirak could only listen. The request for forcefields were up, and Onyx made sure that there was enough power reserve to boost power to the fields, and possibly arrange the transporters to beam them to the brig.

 

If only I could remove life support and make them melt.

 

When the anomaly came into the conversation, Onyx was intrigued. He also noticed that so far, the intruders more or less knew exactly where to go. The location of an anomaly also gave him concern, and the hunter within him started thinking. The enemy are behaving like a pack, and it was going after two vessels with a swarm. Even smaller hunters in large enough numbers can take down a larger creature, perhaps two. That anomaly also did not help matters as it stayed in his mind. 

 

"Captain, the more important question is if the Valiant and the Cromwell are just bait?"

 

Glancing over to Velaul, Onyx then asked,

 

"Commander, that anomaly. Do you think it's big enough to hide a ship and use it as an artificial cloak?"

 

==Tag all.==


  • 0

#45 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 04:11 (04:11 AM)

While waiting on the answers to her inquiry, a new one came her way. It happen to be part of what she was already working on, and there was no scan she knew of that would expose what they know. “The only true way to know what they know, is to really ask them and hope they tell the truth.”

While running a more in-depth scan of the decks that the guests came on the ship, they were getting on the ship easily before the ship shields were raised. There was still the option of getting more power to the shields, but it would take the authoritie of three senior officers.

“There is nothing artificial about the anomaly, it’s a natural forming blind spot hides the movement and activities of ships inside. It is also the reason people were able to board the ships, with little to no warnings about it. So yes I do believe it is possible.”

Using the internal sensors, she wanted too see if there was something special about the transporter signals. Or if there was a way to trace them back to where they came from, it was a small hope but was still there. She didn’t have a lot to tell anyone, especially the Captain and time was critical.

==Tag all and new GM inquiry ==
  • 0

#46 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.04 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM)

==Belated answers!

 

1) General order 11 states that officers with a rank of Captain or higher have the authority to negotiate treaties and/or agreements with representatives of non-Federation planets. In these situations, they carry de facto powers of a Federation ambassador. All arrangements are subject to approval by the chief of Starfleet operations, Secretary of Starfleet, and Federation council.

 

2) My first action would be to discuss with both players what the issue is between the two of them, and try to find both the origin of the problem and from there try and solve any misunderstandings or things said in the heat of the moment, if those have occured. If it has escalated to becoming a larger problem, I would look at having a player transferred to avoid any friction affecting the rest of the crew or any missions. If it has become particularly severe, then harsher punishment may need to be taken, such as the suspension of an account.==


  • 0

#47 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.12 @ 16:45 (04:45 PM)

== Apologies to all, apparently I am finding out that buying a house is very time consuming  :) ==

 

Anyway without further ado, here are my answers to the questions

 

 1. The articles of the Federation were signed at the Candlestick Auditorium in San Francisco, Earth, on 12 August 2161 and the member states to sign it were representatives from United Earth, Confederacy of Vulcan, the Andorian Empire, the United Planets of Tellar, and the Alpha Centauri.

 

2. The course of action I would take in this matter, would be as follows
 
Firstly I would ask both players to provide me with the details of their disagreement, from each of their viewpoints. Then I would ask them to provide any evidence to support this, in the form of conversational screenshots etc. I would then discuss this with my FO/CO or Fleet Commander and abiding by the constitution and guidlines, in order to reach a resolution or proceed with a further course of action being undertaken.

  • 0

#48 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.19 @ 18:53 (06:53 PM)

==Alright everyone, a little later than planned, but back to it.

 

First off, to my testers, great job on the answers. The individual questions are both correct, and you have some good processes for the shared question. We're going to continue here shortly with the scenario and everyone's input. But first, more questions:

 

For Pond:

3) In the topic of Eugenics, what year was the term coined, by whom, and where did this person get the bulk of their influence? Further, name an event in the 1930s and 40s to put a pause to Eugenics studies.

 

For Toreen:

3) List one of the Seven Classical Maneuvers of War, and briefly summarize it's utilization.

 

For both:

4) First contact is a very important step in relations with other species. Briefly summarize the steps and requirements to initiating First Contact.

 

Alright, back to it.==

 

==For Velaul==

 

Stellar Cartography confirmed they received the orders Velaul sent. After a few moments, they came back with a response about details. There didn't seem to be any space time tears, though it would definitely be worth further look. The team had bookmarked the location for further study if and when the area was cleared of pirates and terrorists. At the moment, however, they didn't have the time or luxury of further study, and it was unclear exactly what in the anomaly had been causing such disruptions.

 

She was able to lock the transport signatures to one of the ships. It was slightly larger than the others (though not by much), and appeared to be keeping itself as much out of the battle as possible, while still seemingly appearing to be involved.

 

==For Toreen and Jensen==

 

They were successful in falling back to the lift and entering. Before the doors closed, they were able to make out the Security team advancing on the intruders position. Their plan seemed to be working.

 

As they traveled down the turbolift, they were suddenly rocked, with the two fell to the floor, and Toreen momentarily ending up on top of Jensen. Emergency power came back on, and the system showed them to have overshot Deck 9, and ended up on Deck 12. It would be some time before it would be running enough to get them back up to 9, but the doors had automatically opened about halfway.

 

From their location, they could hear voices in the distant, but the voices appeared to be discussing something about completing their mission and getting off the ship. There was some worry in the voice of one, saying something about not being able to get up with their ship.

 

==For Bridge crew==

 

The force fields initially went up without issue, trapping the boarding party on Deck 9. There was a jolt and fluctuation of power. Once systems restored, readouts indicated the force fields back to active, but sporadic. There also appeared to be a sensor blackout on Deck 12.

 

==Tags. If I missed anyone, let me know.==


  • 0

#49 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 18:50 (06:50 PM)

Onyx kept an ear on the commands and everything behind him, and he was curious about what Velaul had in mind concerning the shields and needing three senior officers to approve. Part of him suspected that as Chief Engineer, he would be a little bit more party to what was in mind before it went on too long. The thought soon faded when a power loss was registered as well as a noticble jolt was felt. Taking a quick look, Onyx focused his gaze on two readouts. Number one, the force fields showed they were still working, but the sparactic nature was not sitting well with him. Also, the fact that Deck 12 had a sensor blackout was not something that Onyx wanted to see. Just short of the warp core, Deck 12 housed a very important piece of machinery, more like the most important computer onboard.

 

Stop Onyx, think. What do all decks 3, 9, and 12 have in common?

 

Deck 3 has the science department, which is one deck above the shuttle bay and two below us. Deck 9 has access to the reactors, and the ability to separate the ship in two. Deck 12 is the main computer, which if someone has a hacker they could....

 

Onyx was not going to finish that thought.

 

"Sensor black out on deck 12. The main computer core is on that deck."

 

Onyx had no idea what Pond would do, so he focused back to the ships that were attacking them. Onyx remembered his lessons when he was a young hunter just learning how to hunt. He did not know his prey. Accessing the scanners, he did his best to figure out what kind of ships the enemy had. He also scanned to see if there were any markings from similar reports of terrorist activity. He then remembered his department and he hit his communicator with his claw.

 

"Krylixson to Engineering, report your status. Possible intruders on Deck 12."

 

When Onyx got the information, if any, he would make his report to the Captain, and no doubt it would not be good news.

 

==Tag Pond and GM. Does Onyx learn anything about the enemy ships that would be useful and how is Main Engineering fairing if they're still alive?==


  • 0

#50 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 23:43 (11:43 PM)

The jolt and power fluctuation turned everything off on the helm then back on again. 

 

Keval quickly checked his system read outs and everything seemed okay for now. 

 

Before turning his attention back to his senors logs to make sure nothing else would surprise them while the rest of the crew were busy trying to capture the intruders. 

 

If, Keval could get his hands on them he would beat them till they confessed what they were up to and why. 


  • 0

#51 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 07:54 (07:54 AM)

The readings that were coming back to her were very interesting, and could be used by both Tactical and security. Sending the information to both stations, both of them could somehow use this to mount an away team or some sort of plan. Her first instinct was to call out to Lieutenant Pond, but right now she was Captain.

“Captain I have pin pointed where our guests are coming from, I have sent the information to both Tactical and Security.” While Thinking over the available information, she had some thoughts about what was going on. “I had a thought I would like to have your insight on. With the fact that this ship is attempting to stay hidden, and not engaging. How likely would you consider this to be the flag ship, it is also a little larger than the others as well.”

Leaving the information with them, those two are the experts in the area. She had wished that there was more time for study, but there wasn’t and she had to live with that.

==Tag you two==
  • 0

#52 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 21:27 (09:27 PM)

== Answers to my questions - will continue in next post ==
 
3) In the topic of Eugenics, what year was the term coined, by whom, and where did this person get the bulk of their influence? Further, name an event in the 1930s and 40s to put a pause to Eugenics studies.
 
Eugenics is a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the genetic quality of a human population by excluding certain genetic groups judged to be less desirable and promoting other genetic groups judged to be superior. The term was coined by Frances Galton in 1887. The influence to pursue this research was a book published by his cousin Charles Darwin 'The Origin of the Species' in particularly the chapter entitled 'Variation under Domestication' looking at animal breeding and it was this that made him continue his studies. However in 1933 with Hitler's plans to cleanse the Third Reich it was seen as harmful to study Eugenics. Yet this bit of history reminds us to constantly evaluate and test our theories for evidence of racism and prejudice before implementing them and harming the innocent.
 
4) First contact is a very important step in relations with other species. Briefly summarize the steps and requirements to initiating First Contact.
 
First contact is only made by the Federation to civilizations who have means of interstellar travel, an example of this would be warp drive technology. Initially it is focused on scientists or intellectual leaders of the species, who would possibly grasp the concept of alien life. After Klingon first contact, the decision was made to also observe the civilization covertly prior to first contact being attempted. First contact to primitive civilizations is prohibited by Star Fleet under the Prime Directive.

  • 0

#53 Lt Luna Pond

Lt Luna Pond

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.24 @ 21:23 (09:23 PM)

 
Luna breathed a sigh, as the force fields went up without any apparent issues.
 
Well at least that makes a change
 
Sitting a little easier even if it was only for a moment or two, Luna took account of Keval at the helm. She still couldn't believe that she was in charge of this whole operation and she was looking forward to having the chance to spend some quality time with her man at the first available opportunity.
 
However these thoughts were very short lived as the voice of Onyx came across the Bridge, it seemed there was more bad news.
 
"Sensor black out on deck 12. The main computer core is on that deck." 
 
damn you 24th century technology
 
“Captain I have pin pointed where our guests are coming from, I have sent the information to both Tactical and Security.” Velaul piped up from the Science station
 
Luna spun round...
 
"Good job Velaul... I need you to get Jensen to relocate a part of the Security team to cover the blackout area and to ensure they keep an open channel available for the status of the investigating officers until we can get the sensors up and running again"
 
She then directed her icy gaze at the young Ensign engineer
 
"Krylixson, I need you to give it all you've got to get them sensors online. We can't continue blind in front of our enemy, I do not need us to be a sitting duck"
 
She then addressed the Bridge in general
 
"Keep an eye on our guests, keep them cornered until we eliminate them off our ship... We are not about to become their next victim... do I make myself clear?"
 
It was at this point that Velaul asked for an insight from Pond.
 
“I had a thought I would like to have your insight on. With the fact that this ship is attempting to stay hidden, and not engaging. How likely would you consider this to be the flag ship, it is also a little larger than the others as well.” 
 
Luna turned to face the Science Chief
 
"By all accounts it's a strong possibility, obviously they aren't engaging and it's a likelihood that they could have someone or something to protect, without further evidence though it's hard to point the finger. But you could be onto something there and that begs another question what is it they are trying to keep from us?"
 
== Tags all round ==

  • 0

#54 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.25 @ 12:07 (12:07 PM)

==3 - Attack in Oblique Order is using steadily growing strength against an opposing flank while a secondary force lures away the reserves. This is a good manoeuvre for concentrating on an enemy’s weak point, however it has its’ flaws if the enemy decides to go after your own weak point.

 

4 - First contact is made towards peoples who have developed to a sufficient extent, meaning interstellar travel. It is defined as the first official encounter between representatives of two races or governments. Any contact with more primitive civilizations is strictly prohibited by the Prime Directive. Normally, the population is observed for a time, before contact is made with scientists and intellectual leaders in the hope that they will be able to grasp the concept of alien life.==

 

On getting into the turbolift, Vari gave a soft exhale of relief, but kept her phaser in her hand. They’d gotten out of that one, and they could get to where the real problem was. She was just about to give a somewhat nervous grin to Jensen when suddenly everything rocked and she fell smack-bang on top of him, letting out a soft ‘oof’ at the contact before her face flushed a darker shade of green.

 

Good things Vulcans don’t get jealous, she thought to herself, before standing and brushing herself down. She was about to apologize to Jensen when she heard voices outside, one sounding… worried. She put a finger to her lips, hoping Jensen would heed her. If they could listen in to what was being said, perhaps they could gain some insight into what was going on.

 

==Tag Jensen, GM - is there anything to be gained from listening in?==


Edited by Lt Vari Toreen, Star Date 21901.25 @ 12:08 (12:08 PM).

  • 0

#55 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 619 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Ozaki, FF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.25 @ 18:29 (06:29 PM)

Keval listened to the conversation going on behind him. 

 

Turning in his seat he said 

 

"There is a very good possibility that ship has the technology that have helped those people board our ship. We could try and put it out of action or at least destabilise it enough so we could maybe board it and check it out?" he replied 

 

Turning back to the helm controls. 

 

"That's if we can't stop the ones aboard our ship first. If we can... they may just give us the information we need."

 

==Tag Pond==


  • 0

#56 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.25 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM)

When the turbolift came to an aprupt halt, Peter cursed loudly as he fell, before gently helping Toreen off him. As he took a moment to get his bearings, he was, for the first time since this scenario had started, unsure of what to do. The two of them simply charging in the direction of the sound seemed massively unwise, but staying put wasn't an option either. And there was the matter of them being on an entirely different deck too.

He looked at Toreen. This was her command test. Her moment to shine. And right now he was glad that the final decision wasn't his.

"What are your orders, sir?", he asked in as quiet a voice as he could.


  • 0

#57 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Ozaki, PFF-7168
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.30 @ 16:50 (04:50 PM)

The question of what they were hiding, was going to be a difficult answer to come up with from there. If they were to keep an eye on the ship, it might shed some light on what they were doing. The only question remaining would be, why?. While keeping an eye on the bridge, she wanted to make any scans passive, that way they wouldn’t get the idea they were on to them.

Beno really didn’t have much to work with, but she has done more with a whole lot less. Now starting to monitor sub space, she wanted to see where the communications were going. Chances were that if it were the lead ship, she could see most of the communications going one direction. This would provide at least a little more information and more to work with.

== GM input please==
  • 0

#58 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1470 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.03 @ 23:52 (11:52 PM)

==Great posting everyone. As everyone should know, we've started our new mission. As such, posting for it takes priority over subplots, including this one. However, I will keep up with what everyone is able to keep up with.

 

So, let's get some more posting done. First, for the questions I have given my testers. All very well done and researched. Good job. We can move on to a few more.

 

For Both:

 

5) I want you to look on the JAG page of the Wiki. Choose one of the Law Archives and give me as brief a summary as possible on it.

 

Now, back to the scenario.==

 

==For Krylixson==

 

The info in regards to the enemy ships wasn't much more than they already knew. They were nimble, but weak.

 

He received a text only message from Engineering. Comms were down, but they were still able to send messages. As far as they knew, Main Engineering had yet to run in to anybody, but they were away of the blackout on Deck 12. They were currently doing checks and would get back to the Ensign as soon as they had more information.

 

==For Toreen and Jensen==

 

They manage to sneak up on the group who were conversing without being detected. They could make out an eclectic group, of 6 people, much like the ones on Deck 3. One of the group was carrying some sort of device, that looked like it could store heavy loads of information. The pair were able to hear the conversation more clearly.

 

"Something is wrong," one of them was saying. "We're not able to transport back to our ship." Another growled at him.

 

"Then we'll have to find an alternate way back," he was saying. "We may be able to commandeer one of their shuttles. The information we collected on Star Fleet will help both us and our employers out greatly. With all of the trouble we went through to get it. The blood of our brothers shed. We'll make it happen."

 

Their was a note of finality and the group began to walk towards where Toreen and Jensen were. They had apparently not seen the two of them yet.

 

==For the Bridge crew==

 

It became very evident, very quickly, that the ship deemed the lead ship was definitely leading the group. A look over at communications between the vessels revealed that it was trying to organize, while also making attempts at a focused communication to a smaller location on the Oberon. For whatever reason, the communication was unable to get through.

 

A message came in from members of the Security team.

 

[Security to Bridge. The boarders on Deck 3 have been taken care of. We're heading to Deck 9.]

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#59 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.06 @ 07:32 (07:32 AM)

Peter reacted quickly when he saw the group heading towards them. He held back his hand protectively to signal to Toreen to stay back. At the moment he cursed himself for not having brought an extra phaser to use as a grenade, but he hadn't, and that was that. He quickly set his phaser to wide setting, and aimed for center mass at the one who was closest to being in the middle. He hadn't reduced his setting, so it was still set to kill when he fired.

 

If I'm lucky, this will take care of this particular problem


  • 0

#60 Lt Vari Toreen

Lt Vari Toreen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.07 @ 21:25 (09:25 PM)

Listening carefully, Vari frowned slightly. They weren't able to get transport back to their ship? Well, that was interesting. If they could trap them on the ship... well, it still wasn't ideal, but it would mean they'd have more time to eliminate the threats. She stood back as directed by Jensen, and flinched slightly at the sound of his phaser going off. She didn't look out over the edge, but instead immediately tapped her comm badge, praying that they'd be out for the count.

 

"Toreen to Bridge - overheard some of the intruders talking. It is imperative that we make sure nobody gets down to the shuttle bay. They can't transport off the ship."

 

Satisfied with that, she looked back over to Jensen."Plan - we get out of this elevator, and we climb to Deck 9. I don't like being stuck in places I don't want to be."

 

==GM input - does the message get to the bridge, and is there an escape route nearby?==


  • 0

#61 Lt. Peter Jensen

Lt. Peter Jensen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.07 @ 23:29 (11:29 PM)

== GM input: Before I can respond to Toreen, I need to know if the intruders I fired upon are down? :) ==


  • 0

#62 Ens Onyx Krylixson

Ens Onyx Krylixson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.08 @ 00:00 (12:00 AM)

Onyx growled softly as he saw that there wasn't anything more the computer could use to identify the enemy. What he did have going for him was that the Engineers were working on getting Deck 12 back online and Onyx had to fight every urge to not just full the entire deck with nitrogen gas to make life simple and sort out the bodies later. At that moment though, all he could do was notice something interesting. Even though Onyx was not a tactical officer, he was a hunter, first and foremost. The enemy ships are very nimble and very weak. he couldn't help but have a suspicion that they are using wolf pack tactics to maintain superiority, with the alpha dictating what they need to do. Sever the link between the alpha and the pack and only the most highly motivated will remain to them to contend with.

 

Onyx then thought about the nature of those hunters who are weak as compared to others. Aboard an enemy ship, with clear unknown dangers, and not knowing who on board would be the one who has their lives in their hands. If there was a full sensor blackout on Deck 12, it meant that someone was doing something. If there was a sensitive operation and they are relying on the fact that someone would have a lot of other things to focus on, then a distraction might buy his Engineers some time.

 

"Captain, I have an idea."

 

Onyx waited as he gathered his thoughts, his voice remaining calm.

 

"I suggest we simulate Grey Mode on deck 12. Cut life support to bare minimums, as well as all lighting, inertial dampeners, everything to make them think that something bad has happened. If they decide to run, we can track the turbo lifts slow them down or stop them. If anything, it will make them slow down especially if we get hit and give my Engineers more time to undo the sensor blackout. If we use it right, we might even be able to use it on other decks to assist the Security teams by forcing the enemy to come to them."

 

In other words, Onyx wanted to start isolating part of the ships and make sure there is only one way in and one way out.

 

==Tag Pond, and GM is there an update from Engineering?==


  • 0