Apparition Party, Stardate 21901

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 02:03 (02:03 AM)

== Pioneer Outpost Holodeck 13 ==

Adaran walked into Holodeck 13 in a fairly good mood, glad to finally get the after-mission party started. S/he'd had to delay it both due to the holiday season and the need to work over most of it. Even though s/he was light years from Area 42, they'd still kept hir busy with reports and conferences, mostly related to the new information that hir crew had uncovered on Thoth. Finally, though, hir schedule had lightened, and it was time to relax a little bit.

Wearing a black shirt and black pants, as s/he usually did when off-duty, s/he walked up to the holodeck panel and inserted the programmed chip s/he purchased for the party. The panel blinked, asked for hir personal authorization code, and then presented a message that it was loading the program. Adaran stood there and waited, glancing about to watch as the room came alive... and s/he stood there waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

Frowning, s/he looked back at the panel. The message "Loading" was blinking on and off. Tapping at the console, s/he tried to start the program again, and when nothing happened, s/he removed the chip to clear it. The console didn't clear however. It kept telling hir that it was loading.

S/he inserted the chip again. Still "Loading."

"What the..." s/he said, tapping a few more buttons. S/he knew the program was good. S/he tested it before s/he bought it, and s/he'd run it yesterday when s/he was finalizing plans.

S/he tapped at the console again. Still nothing happened. S/he then beat hir fist against the wall a few times. S/he'd had a sticky closet door in hir quarters once, and that always worked to make it open. It did nothing for the holodeck though, and s/he frowned.

At that point, the holdock door opened, and a man and a woman pushing two covered carts entered. It was the food s/he'd ordered from the Starfarer's Way, a collection of various standard menu items that the restaurant offered as part of their catering service.

"I got an order for a Captain Adaran," said the man, looking at a padd he carried. "Is that you, ma'am?"

S/he frowned. "Yes, that's me," s/he replied. "And I'm not a ma'am."

"Oh, sorry, sir," said the man. "Where do you want them?"

Adaran sighed and waved hir hand at the center of the room. "In the middle," s/he said, turning hir attention back to the console. S/he hit it again with hir fist.

"Is that not working?" asked the man.

"No," said Adaran. "It just keeps blinking at me."

"Maybe you shouldn't have hit it," the man told hir.

S/he glanced at him with a raised eyebrow and resisted the urge to extend hir claws. "It wasn't working before I hit it," s/he explained.

"Oh, well," said the man. "Better call engineering." He held up his padd. "Would you sign for this?"

S/he pressed hir thumb against the padd, and the man nodded with a smile. "Thanks, sir. Have a nice day!"

S/he flexed hir claws as he left, and then with another sigh s/he hit the console once more before tapping at the comm panel in the room to call the service number.

== Tag everyone ==

#2 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 05:37 (05:37 AM)

== Pioneer Outpost Holodeck 13 ==

The doors swished open and Daniel wearing a tight fitting green shirt and black leather pants entered the holodeck. He was beaming, fresh from his latest conquest of some Tactical Officer from the Copernicus, Simon something. He didn't bother to remember the Ensign's last name and he was surprised that he even remembered his first name. Since their arrival at Pioneer Station Daniel had been busy entertaining himself and now he looked forward to having a little party time with his shipmates.

Upon entering he noticed that the holodeck was not activated and two covered carts in the middle of the room. The only person there was the Captain.

Am I that early? I really need to keep better track of time. I thought I was going to be fashionably late. Maybe I am too late and it is over.

He gave the Captain a big smile when s/he noticed his arrival. Walking over to hir, Daniel bowed in a playful manner.

"Hello Captain. It looks like I'm either really early or really late."

== Tag ==

#3 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 21:28 (09:28 PM)

Keir had been quite surprised to hear from Adaran again but secretly pleased

S/he didn't get many opportunities to socialize with a Hermat and even one as experienced and famous was a pleasure, which s/he was determined to not pass up.

A party, hmmn what should I wear?

S/he had received hir gear from the Benton, which meant s/he wasn't going back there. I hope Rosie is alright she was upset when I left; not that I had much of a choice...I think she understood.

Keir hoped s/he did, and after going through hir clothing settled on a flared skirt that was above hir knees and a tight top, which was off the shoulders; and with minimal makeup and wearing her hair back and loose she headed out to the Holodeck.

When s/he entered s/he saw the young man. Hawk I think his name was. And beside him was the Captain apparently frustrated with the holodeck controls.

"Greetings Captain and Mr. Hawk; thank you for the invite. With the Christmas party over there wasn't much to do"

Leaning she observed the display reading as 'Loading' even though Adaran was holding the input disc. "Looks like whoever was in here before left a program in the system. I think it will need to be cleared before you can load yours Captain."

Noting the marks near the display, s/he grinned. Hir people often had little patience for things that didn't work, but there was no way ever that the Captain would hear that from hir.

"My specialties were holography and computers Captain perhaps I can get it working with your permission?"

==Tag Adaran and Hawk==

#4 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.04 @ 00:23 (12:23 AM)

Korza received word that the party was located at Holodeck 13 on the outpost and Korza had made his way there after getting ready. Korza was dressed in a long sleeve black button up shirt with the top button undone. His pants were dark blue jeans and he had black onyx dress shoes on to complete the ensemble.

As he approached the door he found that it was in the process of shutting. His approach caught the door moments before it completely closed and it hissed open once again.

Upon entering the holodeck he found that the room was still unconfigured and Keir was saying something to the Captain about another program already in the system. Next to the Captain and Keir was Hawk who was wearing his signature clothing which drew attention to him.

“Greetings everyone, didn’t think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?”

Korza looked around the group and waited for a response.

==Tag everyone==

#5 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 03:19 (03:19 AM)

Adaran pushed the button to call for service and then glanced over as s/he heard Hawk's voice.

"Hello Captain. It looks like I'm either really early or really late," he said.

"Or both," s/he replied, half-distracted by hir annoyance with the holodeck. S/he turned back to the panel and slammed hir fist into again.

Keir walked through the door a few seconds later. "Greetings Captain and Mr. Hawk; thank you for the invite," said the other Hermat. "With the Christmas party over there wasn't much to do."

"I figured you'd still be waiting for orders," Adaran told hir. "Might as well come join the fun... if we ever get to have any," s/he added, glancing back at the panel again.

"My specialties were holography and computers Captain perhaps I can get it working with your permission?" offered Keir.

"I don't know," s/he replied. "I called for service. Feel free to try if you want. Hopefully someone from the base will show up soon." S/he didn't care how it was fixed. Just as long as it was fixed.

Korza was next to arrive. "Greetings everyone," he said, "didn't think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?"

Adaran shrugged. "Did you bring a phaser?" s/he asked. "You might try shooting that thing," s/he said, pointing at the malfunctioning holodeck control panel.

#6 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 15:15 (03:15 PM)

Hir question as to whether s/he wanted help was quickly answered.

"I don't know," Adaran replied. "I called for service. Feel free to try if you want. Hopefully someone from the base will show up soon."

Just then Korza came in. "Need any help?" He asked after greeting.

"I don't know; you wouldn't happen to be carrying a knife would ya?"

With or without Keir went to work; the panel's facing was easily removed if one knew how. Star Fleet usually assumed that their people were responsible, so it didn't need to be locked.

"Hmmn seems to be caught in a feedback loop of some kind, lemme see if this works." S/he reached inside and tapped the reset button, Keir quickly responded to the beep with a call to clear current programs, which seemed to do the trick."

"Well that may work but without a tricorder or my tools that is the most I can do; you can give it another try Captain; and I sure hope whoever hit it beforehand didn't frag any circuits."

S/he added with a wink for Korza; knowing full well that Adaran was the likely suspect.

==Tag Adaran and crewmates

#7 Lt Kelshin Alotharis

Lt Kelshin Alotharis

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 373 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 17:33 (05:33 PM)

Kelshin had received the notice from Area 42 that this was his last mission with the Apparition, and that his new assignment was pending, but that didn't stop the Mirak from attending the party that Adaran was having. It might be his last party with them, but he was going to enjoy it if he could.

"Did you bring a phaser? You might try shooting the thing."

Kelshin walked into the holodeck, wearing his usual off-duty uniform. Seeing Keir working on the holodeck, Kelshin shook his head and said,

"Keir. You should know Adaran has the worst luck with holodecks. The last holodeck party we had ended with a zombie invasion. That being said however, I still have my elephant gun we could use on it."

Looking at Adaran, Kelshin added,

"Far we have come from the days of people breaking black protocols, attempting to destroy mission objectives, and experimenting with tentacled organisms. And yet it seems our most dangerous missions are our parties."

==tag==

#8 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.08 @ 06:39 (06:39 AM)

Daniel laughed at the Captain's reply about him being perhaps both too early and too late. There was some logic to what she offered. Soon tt was obvious that s/he was annoyed not at him but the malfunctioning holodeck. Before he had time to respond the doors opened and the Star Fleet Officer orphan they had picked up on their last mission walked through the door. Like the Captain s/he was a Hermat.

Me and two Hermats walk into a holodeck...there is a joke there right?

He smiled at hir when she greeted him and the Captain. "Hello, glad you could make it," Daniel offered.

The Captain then explained to them the situation, The holodeck was malfunctioning threatening you rain on their party. S/he had called for a technician to come fix it but didn't know how long it take for one to come do it. Keir then offered assistance since s/he had experience and training with holodeck technology.

Just then the doors again swished open and the Chief Security Officer entered. He made his way over to them. “Greetings everyone, didn’t think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?”

Daniel just smiled. Hmm, I might need some help.

Again the doors opened and the Mirak Chief Medical Officer was next to arrive. Upon seeing Keir working on the holodeck, he then explained that the Captain had the worst luck with holodecks.

After a few minutes of what seemed like to Daniel that no progress was being made on the uncooperative holodeck, he made a suggestion.

"Maybe we should get Ike to fix it."

== Tags ==

#9 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.08 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM)

Korza waited for a response which didn't take long. 

The Captain responded with a half sarcastic answer, "Did you bring a phaser?" s/he asked. "You might try shooting that thing,"

Korza patted his sides to give the appearance of searching for a phaser and then responded. "Nope, no phasers today. I guess I left them in my other pants."

Looking towards Keir as s/he spoke to him, "I don't know; you wouldn't happen to be carrying a knife would ya?"

Korza reached into his pocket where he kept his knife and pulled it out with a quick click of the assisted opening. "I've always got one on me. Never know when you might need it."

Before he could give Keir the knife, it appeared that s/he got the holodeck problem fixed. It wasn't long after that s/he winked at Korza while speaking with the Captain about hitting the panel. 

Hearing Kelshin's comments about the zombies, Korza couldn't help but think, Maybe I should have brought the phaser after all.

"Is it too later for me to get a different weapon of sorts? Maybe a phaser rifle, sword, or explosives of some kind?" Korza gestured towards the door of the holodeck as he spoke and tried to keep a serious look on his face as if he was mostly serious. 

Looking towards Daniel, Korza spoke directly to him, "Daniel, do you have any clothing that isn't fitted precisely to your body? Secondly, how many people does it take to help you into those pants?"

==tag Keir and Daniel==

Edited by Lt(JG) Korza Ves, Star Date 21901.08 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM).

#10 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 760 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 01:09 (01:09 AM)

Commander Xan Macleod wasn't sure what to expect at the party.

He knew the crew of the Apparition was smaller than even the Columbia, and that only a few of the senior crew had transferred over, or still remained assigned to the small ship. The dynamic would have changed, and he too was different now.

His thoughts led him to the gold band on his left ring finger that still fell strange, though it made him smile.

He entered the holodeck and grinned at the disorganisation. Maybe not much has changed after all.

He walked over to Adaran, prepared to treat anyone who greeted him on the way like an old friend, even if he'd never met them before.

"Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back."

== tag all ==

#11 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 03:16 (03:16 AM)

"Daniel, do you have any clothing that isn't fitted precisely to your body? Secondly, how many people does it take to help you into those pants?" Asked the Chief Security Officer.

A devilish grin spread across the young redheads face. "Why Lieutenant Ves, I had no idea you were so concerned about my pants. But if you are interested in helping me get into them, that can be arranged."

He waited for the shock value he hoped would come before continuing, "As for my tight fitted clothing, lose items can get caught on things. I don't like getting caught," he explained.

Just then, a handsome stranger Daniel didn't recognize entered the holodeck and made his way over to the Captain. "Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back."

Reporting as ordered? What the Hell, man? This is a party not an inspection.

As Daniel was visually inspecting the mystery man, he noticed the wedding ring on his left hand and quickly lost interest in the newcomer. Must be someone from their last ship come to join party.

He then turned his attention back to the Chief of Security and smiled.

== Tags ==

#12 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 23:53 (11:53 PM)

Sigh, Daniel was flirting with the security officer, can't see that going anywhere.

S/he grinned listening to the banter when Kelshin arrived; s/he turned and greeted the Mirak doctor pleased to see him again, "|Hello Kelshin, it's good to see you again.

Zombie invasion, breaking black protocols..."Tentacled organisms...?"

Her thought blurted out and as s/he struggled to recover a stranger entered. "Still waiting on the Holodeck interface Captain, but I am hopeful."

Reaching out a hand to the new man. "Hello I am Lieutenant Keir 77; it is nice to meet you...?"

==Tags==

#13 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.10 @ 03:49 (03:49 AM)

As Keir tried to work on the holodeck panel, Adaran turned towards the doctor as he arrived, smirking at his comment.

"Far we have come from the days of people breaking black protocols, attempting to destroy mission objectives, and experimenting with tentacled organisms. And yet it seems our most dangerous missions are our parties," he said.

"Work hard, play harder. That's my motto," s/he replied.

S/he was about to respond to Korza's suggestion for weapons when Xan walked into the holodeck.

"Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back." he said.

Adaran smiled in amusement and raised an eyebrow. "Ah, you say that now," s/he told him. "Give it a week, and you'll be cursing yourself for not thinking of a way to get transferred."

Keir then indicated that the holodeck might be fixed, so s/he decided to try it once again. Inserting the data chip, s/he heard a beep, and the scene began to change. Suddenly, those in the holodeck found themselves on the terrace of a large high-ceilinged room. The room was decorated in a grand manner, resembling a ballroom or a large stateroom of late 19th Century Earth. The terrace on which the Apparition crew stood was large enough to easily hold all of them, with short walls protecting two of its sides. The carts of food now stood against one of them. A long table and chairs were in the middle of the terrace.

The front of the terrace had no wall. At its edge, the floor dropped off at a 90 degree angle, allowing the crew to see what was in front of them. The scene that greeted them was as unusual as it was amazing. Two tall water pumps fueled three large boilers, their flamestacks reaching well up above the height of the terrace. Giant flames spewed from them, feeding steam and hot air into the nozzles of what appeared to be a huge, sectioned gasbag. A giant rudder and other similar protruding sections could seen coming from a metal superstructure that partially surrounded it.

The gasbag dwarfed the lower structure on which the crew stood. A quick glance over the deck, and over the sides of the terrace, showed it to be shiplike in shape, and floating high in the sky over a sprawling countryside below. Cables ran from various parts of the ship up to the gasbag, attaching the two parts of the giant airship, which sailed through the sky at a slow pace. The breeze was cool, tempered by the heat of the boilers as it hit the terrace, making for a pleasant temperature.

== Here's a visual reference. Ignore the structures on the top of the gasbag in the image, and what appears to be a deck inside the gasbag itself. That isn't on our holodeck ship and doesn't really make sense in a practical way. The party is taking place at the back of the ship section, on the terrace of the top building.

==

#14 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.12 @ 01:11 (01:11 AM)

Daniel's response was a bit shocking but Korza didn't let it show. 

"It's good to know that you don't like getting caught. I typically won't let someone from the crew get caught alive anyways." Korza winked at Daniel and turned his attention to Xan who entered the room shortly afterwards. It'd been a while since he last saw him and they didn't interact much as he left shortly after Korza joined the Columbia. 

"Wow, you come back after all this excitement. I see that you had your own adventures." Korza nodded towards the ring. 

Keir seemed to notice Xan as well and there was no doubt in Korza's mind that his formal tone would draw some interesting questions from some of the people new to the ship who didn't already know him. 

Maybe he did it to see what their thoughts would be. If you're listening to my thoughts, get out of my head.

Korza smiled at the thought and watched for any reaction by Macleod. 

Around the time that Korza watched for a reaction in Macleod, Korza noticed that the holodeck changed into the scene finally. Korza recognized that he was on some sort of ancient dirigible. The flames and boilers concerned Korza because all it would take is a malfunction in the safety protocols for the crew to find themselves in another intense party. 

Looking towards the Captain, Korza commented on the choice of location, "Captain, do you try to find dangerous situations for our parties or is it a happy accident?" A sly grin slid across Korza's face as he waited for a response. 

==Tag Daniel and Macleod==

#15 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.13 @ 20:13 (08:13 PM)

S’Renn was the last one who had attended the party on Deck 13. She was wearing a very sexy cobalt blue sheer and open back evening dress which was revealing her long muscular legs. She was coming directly from the Promenade and she obviously wasn’t in the best mood.

Once in the party area she located first the Captain and headed to great hir:

“Greetings Captain. Sorry of being late but I have met an old friend I didn’t see him since many years…” she said with a forced smile. “I hope I didn’t miss things…”

S”Renn had still in .mind the scene where Androcles and the young female doctor were obviously dating and cursed herself of having interfered at first place.

Damn it I should have been more considerate!!!!

She turned to Macleod:

“Nice to see you, Commander… We missed you!”

Then she took Korza from his arm:

“Hi! I am afraid I did a terrible gaffe,” she said in a confessional tone. “I met an old friend in the Promenade and he was with a beautiful girl. So I went to their table to talk and I am afraid the girl thought I was his ex. So whatever I said next I am afraid didn’t help to correct the situation,” she explained.

== I am back and I will try to catch up. I was heavily involved with business issues these last weeks. ==

#16 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.13 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM)

The Captain stepped up and slotted the disc in...

It works hallelujah it would have sucked if I had made things worse.

Looking around as the scene unfolded s/he was amazed to behold, and based on what Kelshin had said the Hermat Engineer turned back to the holodeck access and quickly checked to see the status of the holodeck safeties.

As s/he looked at them all gathering and greeting each other Keir felt like a third wheel and chose to head to the side of the platform and look out over the countryside below. Looking up and around s/he attempted to get an idea of what sort of place they were in.

The food smelled good though and even if s/he didn't really belong here it still was better than walking around the station or getting drunk in a bar somewhere.

I wonder where I'm headed this time; s/he stood there obviously lost in thought.

==What are the deck safeties chosen for this program?==

Edited by Lt Keir 77, Star Date 21901.13 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM).

#17 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.14 @ 01:49 (01:49 AM)

Korza was awestruck when S'Renn walked in wearing a beautiful blue dress. The look on her face gave away that she was not in the best of moods. She made her way over to Korza and took his arm, the reason for her upset look was soon revealed.

"Hi! I am afraid I did a terrible gaffe,” she said in a confessional tone. “I met an old friend in the Promenade and he was with a beautiful girl. So I went to their table to talk and I am afraid the girl thought I was his ex. So whatever I said next I am afraid didn’t help to correct the situation,” she explained.

Korza was uncertain as to who she was talking about as she hadn't mentioned any of her previous love interests. 

"Well, I'm sure that she was only jealous of how you look wearing that dress. You look absolutely stunning." Korza gave S'Renn a reassuring smile to try and brighten her mood.

Leading her towards the railing, Korza pulled her close to reassure her that he wasn't distancing himself from her despite whatever happened on the Promenade. 

The wind was flowing through Korza's hair and even though he knew that it wasn't real he enjoyed the feeling of being on a planet without the hum of a ship in the background. He closed his eyes and took in sensations flooding in around him, from the touch of S'Renn's arm to the wind in his hair, he was enjoying every bit of it. 

==Tag S'Renn==

#18 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 760 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.14 @ 13:48 (01:48 PM)

"Ah, you say that now," Adaran said. "Give it a week, and you'll be cursing yourself for not thinking of a way to get transferred."

He grinned, “No one else would have me.”

The Engineer that had been working on the holodeck then addressed him, "Hello I am Lieutenant Keir 77; it is nice to meet you...?"

“Xan Macleod,” he shook the offered hand without providing further information. His eyes and hair were almost as dark as the black jeans and t-shirt he wore, but the smile he gave hir was warm and belayed what might otherwise have made him sinister.

Their surroundings suddenly morphed into a very different scene and Xan gave a low whistle, “Impressive!”

“I see that you had your own adventures." Korza nodded towards Xan's wedding ring.

The Betazoid laughed, “It was a bit of a production.”

S'Renn then arrived in a number guaranteed to draw attention but since she didn't seem very happy, Macleod left Ves to cheer her up, only returning her greeting in the same friendly manner he'd used with everyone else.

Moving so that he could see more of the view, Xan commented to whoever was in earshot, “It would be something to crew this for a while huh?”

== tag all ==

#19 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 03:34 (03:34 AM)

== Safeties? We don't need no stinkin' safeties! ==

With everything set up now, Adaran moved towards one of the food tables and poured hirself a drink.

Korza commented on the holodeck scenario. "Captain, do you try to find dangerous situations for our parties or is it a happy accident?"

"Well, our missions are always so boring," s/he replied. "I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

"It would be something to crew this for a while huh?" s/he heard Xan say.

"I doubt it would do well against a Romulan warbird," s/he commented, somewhat seriously, or perhaps not, before turning around to look at the assembled crew. Most everyone was here that was going to come, except for Vos. "But I figured that a bunch of pirates like these would feel at home here," s/he added.

"Does anyone want a promotion or a medal?" s/he asked everybody. "I'm feeling generous right now."

== Tag everyone. We'll get started on the ceremonies later this week. ==

#20 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 03:39 (03:39 AM)

Daniel smiled and winked at the Chief Security Officer's reply to him. "Well, I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint you."

Just then the efforts to fix the holodeck program was successful as the room transformed into something spectacular. Wow, leave it to the Captain to come up with something this fabulous.

They were now on a holographic airship. It was truly fascinating and Daniel loved the view and detail. As he walked around taking in all the details and sights, he figured out that the handsome newcomer with the wedding ring was the First Officer, who had been away but now had obviously returned.

Soon they were joined by his boss the Chief Tactical Officer. The Commander was wearing a sexy cobalt blue sheer and open back evening dress. He certainly couldn't deny that she looked great. He made his way over to her.

"Nice dress boss, you certainly look clean up well," he offered with a wink.

== Tags ==

#21 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 21:23 (09:23 PM)

"Well, I'm sure that she was only jealous of how you look wearing that dress. You look absolutely stunning." Korza gave S'Renn a reassuring smile to try and brighten her mood.

“You are saying so nice things to make me happy! Thanks!” S’Renn said as her cheeks got a slight pink color.

Daniel approached with a compliment to say:

"Nice dress boss, you certainly look clean up well," he offered with a wink.

“You know, two things make girls happy. One to notice any change in their hairs and to say nice things about their dress… Ahhh! What can I say more? So much effort to please you, boys!!!”

She looked at her surrounding as she hadn’t yet realized the splendor of the new scenery.

In the meantime Adaran replied to Korza:

"Well, our missions are always so boring. I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

“Captain, you got inspired by Stardust I suppose. I wouldn’t be wrong if I say I suspect today’s surprise would be an attack from pirate airships, right?” S’Renn asked.

She couldn’t know for sure though if today’s surprise would be designed or accidental like it happened before during another party with some sea monsters.

"Does anyone want a promotion or a medal?" Adaran asked everybody. "I'm feeling generous right now."

S’Renn knew she wouldn’t get any other promotion unless she becomes FO. Perhaps a medal, though it might be asking too much. Yet surprise gifts were always possible anyway:

“Surprise gifts Captain? For luck and good fortune for the New Year! I am all ears to learn from you Captain on how to charm a crew.”

== Tag ==

#22 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.17 @ 23:08 (11:08 PM)

The returning First officer acknowledged hir and offered a handshake. He seems nice. 

S/he walked up to the table and helped hirself to a drink, and then backed away to do some people watching.

They were about to do ship's business and Keir clearly was not a part of that. Can't imagine they mind me watching, so...

Xan commented, “It would be something to crew this for a while huh?”

S/he gathered hirself and managed to answer, clearly not expecting him to speak with hir. 

"Yes Sir I think it would be enjoyable so long as the ship didn't have much turbulence. Those fire stacks could do some damage should they get out of alignment.

I assume you were away for a while Sir? I only ask out of curiousity , as I was picked up by the ship, and not actually a crew member."

==Tag Xan==

#23 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.18 @ 01:32 (01:32 AM)

“You are saying so nice things to make me happy! Thanks!” S’Renn said as her cheeks got a slight pink color.

Korza smiled again because of her reaction to his comment. He enjoyed making her smile and seeing her happy. Looking around the ship, Korza heard the Captain respond about his earlier comment. 

"That's what I wanted to see. Your smile always brightens up the room, even if we're outside." Korza said in a sweet tone. 

"Well, our missions are always so boring," s/he replied. "I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

Korza smirked and responded to the Captain's comment about the missions being boring, "If your definition of our missions is boring then I would love to see what you think as exciting."

Shortly afterwards the Captain asked if anyone wanted medals or promotions, Korza was big on neither but was happy to see what the crew managed to earn. Stepping towards the Captain to secure a better position for the ceremony, Korza ensured that he held onto S'Renn so that she didn't get lost or fall off the ship.

Everyone else seemed to be waiting for the announcements and Korza wasn't sure what to expect as the Captain was typically unpredictable. 

==Tag S'Renn and Captain==

#24 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 03:00 (03:00 AM)

== All right, moving things along. ==

Adaran heard S'Renn talking. 

"You know, two things make girls happy," said the Chief Tactical Officer. "One to notice any change in their hairs and to say nice things about their dress."

Adaran took another drink from hir glass and smiled cryptically. "I know a few other things, but that's for another occasion..." s/he added.

"Captain, you got inspired by Stardust I suppose," S'Renn also said. "I wouldn't be wrong if I say I suspect today's surprise would be an attack from pirate airships, right?” S’Renn asked.

"I was inspired by a Ferengi I met in one of the bars down on the lower decks," s/he replied. "He was selling a bunch of different holodeck programs, cheap. It was either this one or an ocean voyage on a ship called the Titanic. I didn't know if anyone got seasick though."

As the group began to settle down, s/he decided to begin.

"Well, if everyone is ready, let's get started," s/he said. "In no particular order, let's see what Star Fleet wants to give Mister Hawk." S/he reached into a pocket and pulled out a couple of small boxes. "How about a promotion to Ensign and a Commendation Medal? Would that do? Maybe a larger size pair of pants too, but for now we'll just settle on new pips and a shiny medal." S/he handed them to Hawk. "Good job on your fist mission with us. You didn't die, and you didn't run away from us screaming at the first chance you got. Congratulations!"

S/he reached into hir pocket again. "And you all do realize I'm just randomly pulling things out of my pocket and handing them out to whomever happens to be here," s/he said, sounding completely serious, though s/he actually wasn't. It was always good to keep the crew on their toes though.

"How about Korza next," s/he said. "It looks like we have another Commendation Medal to hand out. Congratulations. You kept a clear head on Thoth and didn't get into any avoidable fights. I think that's a first for this crew."

S/he handed Korza the medal and then reached into hir pocket again. "Oh, and let's do S'Renn next," s/he said, looking at what s/he had in hir hand. "A nice shiny Gold Star for you to add to your collection of medals. You did great as acting FO and went beyond the call of duty while on Thoth. Another excellent job. You keep this up and they'll give you my job."

S/he handed the medal to S'Renn. "Congratulations."

== To be continued ==

#25 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 16:49 (04:49 PM)

Everyone seemed to be having a good time. The setting was perfect and Daniel was about to help himself to the food, when the Captain called everyone around, apparently s/he had an announcement of some sort, so his stomach would have to wait.

Daniel was completely surprised when the Captain said. "In no particular order, let's see what Star Fleet wants to give Mister Hawk." S/he then reached into a pocket and pulled out a couple of small boxes. "How about a promotion to Ensign and a Commendation Medal? Would that do? Maybe a larger size pair of pants too, but for now we'll just settle on new pips and a shiny medal." S/he handed them to Hawk. "Good job on your fist mission with us. You didn't die, and you didn't run away from us screaming at the first chance you got. Congratulations!"

"This is the best party ever. A promotion and new shiny medal. We should come to Pioneer Outpost more often," he grinned.

"And I only wear the tight pants because I know that Lieutenant Ves likes them," he smirked and winked at the Chief Security Officer.

"Thank you Captain, and it was a pleasure not dying with you all," he offered with  a smile.

He wasn't the only one to receive acknowledgments and he watched with with pride as his crew-mates received well deserved accolades. I'm honored to be part of such a crew as this. 

#26 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 17:26 (05:26 PM)

The Captain stepped up and pronounced that s/he had some medals and promotions to give out.

"Well, if everyone is ready, let's get started," s/he said. "In no particular order, let's see what Star Fleet wants to give Mister Hawk." S/he reached into a pocket and pulled out a couple of small boxes. "How about a promotion to Ensign and a Commendation Medal? Would that do? Maybe a larger size pair of pants too, but for now we'll just settle on new pips and a shiny medal." S/he handed them to Hawk. "Good job on your fist mission with us. You didn't die, and you didn't run away from us screaming at the first chance you got. Congratulations!"

Keir stepped up and offered the young man hir hand, "Congratulation Ensign Hawk; well done." And then s/he added with a grin, "Don't take fashion advice from a Hermat; what the heck do we know about male fashion anyway; and besides they look damn good on you."

The Captain then offered medals to the Security Chief as well as the Romulan Hybrid whom s/he had only brief contact with, and with equal sincerity the young Hermat engineer offered congratulations to them both.

Even though s/he was uninvolved it was nice to be there to see people recognized for their achievements, and said so to each of Korza and S'Renn.

This certainly was a much different environment than Keir had ever been a part of. More intimate and personal, I think I like that.

==Tags Hawk, Ves, and Kapatenaki==

#27 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 18:21 (06:21 PM)

Daniel stepped forward and accepted his promotion and award. His comment, "And I only wear the tight pants because I know that Lieutenant Ves likes them." The wink was unexpected but not surprising given the personality Daniel had shown at this time. 

Korza stepped forward when the Captain called his name and graciously accepted the medal. 

"Thank you Captain. Clear head and no unavoidable fights, I'll try and keep that in mind for future missions. That does seem to take the fun out of it though."

Stepping back, Korza then watched S'Renn receive her medal. He was proud of her accomplishment and whispered just that into her ear, "Proud of you."

Lt. Keir 77 commented on everyone's achievement and Korza smiled at her and responded, "Thank you, it'll be nice to see how you fair on the next mission. That is if we survive this party first."

Korza was still waiting for the surprise of the party to happen. There was almost always something unexpected that happened and it would probably happen sooner rather than later. 

#28 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 21:11 (09:11 PM)

Daniel smiled at Keir, "Thank you," he said as he shook hir hand. 

"And don't worry, I won't let anyone discourage my fabulous fashion sense. Actually, this shirt isn't even mine. It belongs to an Ensign on the Copernicus. I met him on the Promenade during the Holiday festivities, and afterwards, well, let's just say it is sort of a trophy," he grinned at hir. 

"You know, you should sign on with us. I'm sure the Captain could arrange a transfer. I think you would fit in here with us," he then offered.

== Tag Keir ==

#29 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 21:43 (09:43 PM)

S/he was pleased and slightly surprised by Hawk's comments. He hadn't been one of hir biggest fans during the mission.

"Thanks Daniel it's not like I can just ask. Star Fleet will decide, but from what I have seen it does seem as much like a family as a crew."

S/he shrugged "But I do appreciate the vote of confidence."

Dropping hir voice to an intimate tone Keir added. "Your dream boy over there seemed to think I was part of the crew," Indicating Korza. "But it's not his call.

So was he cute or hunky?" S/he quipped back keeping the tone light.

==Tag Danial==

#30 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 21:59 (09:59 PM)

"Your dream boy over there seemed to think I was part of the crew," Indicating Korza. "But it's not his call," she said to Daniel in a lowered voice.

He chuckled a little bit. "Well, maybe he knows something we don't. And he's not my dream boy. He' straight as an arrow, but I like to have fun with him. Besides when I am really into someone, I am shy around them. That is one of my tells, but let's just keep that between us."

"So was he cute or hunky?" she then asked.

"Oh, my Copernicus Ensign? Very cute, he had an Australian accent and I just love that," he smiled..

"So what about you, is there a man or woman in your life?" he asked with a grin.

== Tag Keir ==

#31 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.21 @ 12:23 (12:23 PM)

Adaran obviously overheard S’Renn’s saying about what makes girls happy and said added with a cryptic smile:

"I know a few other things, but that's for another occasion..." s/he added.

S’Renn didn’t really catch what the Captain was insinuating but she imagined it should be something sly.

“I am eager you tell me what it might be Captain, one of those days,” she responded with a broad smile.

Then Adaran explained how she had discovered this holodeck program:

"I was inspired by a Ferengi I met in one of the bars down on the lower decks," s/he replied. "He was selling a bunch of different holodeck programs, cheap. It was either this one or an ocean voyage on a ship called the Titanic. I didn't know if anyone got seasick though."

“I am not sea sick but I ensure you, this one is a much better choice,” S’Renn replied.

Then Adaran started distributing promotions and medals. Korza and Daniel got Commendation medals and S’Renn got a Glod Star medal. S’Renn didn’t expect this but most probably her decision to stay back in order to facilitate the escape of her comrades should have been the reason.

"Oh, and let's do S'Renn next," Adaran said, looking at what s/he had in hir hand. "A nice shiny Gold Star for you to add to your collection of medals. You did great as acting FO and went beyond the call of duty while on Thoth. Another excellent job. You keep this up and they'll give you my job."

S/he handed the medal to S'Renn. "Congratulations."

“Thank you Captain for your encouraging words. That said there are two Captains I consider as my icons, Quill Dramar, and you Captain,” S’Renn replied.

Then S’Renn got also the congratulation form the new Hermat officer named Keir and Korza said:

"Proud of you."

“Me too darling,” S’Renn replied.

In the meantime, Daniel was having a discussion with Keir which seemed το be an affectionate one. She turned to Daniel and said:

“I am very proud that my department has been decorated,” she said and then she added with a grim:

“I see, you are getting acquainted with Keir. Everything goes smoothly I suppose right?”

== Tag == 

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21901.21 @ 12:24 (12:24 PM).

#32 Lt Kelshin Alotharis

Lt Kelshin Alotharis

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 373 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.21 @ 17:57 (05:57 PM)

Kelshin was looking out over the edge of the simulated ballroom deck, when he heard, 

"Does anyone want a promotion or a medal?"

Kelshin walked back over to where Adaran and the others were, and watched Adaran hand out the medals to Hawk, Korza, and S'Renn, happy that everyone was being rewarded for their work on the mission, even if it hadn't gone as planned. If he was lucky, Kelshin wouldn't end up with a reprimand for shooting a superior officer, much less a medal. 

Kelshin clapped for those receiving their medals, but he wasn't too worried about his own medals. Saving lives and patching up the injured was its own reward, and he didn't need a medal to thank him for doing his job. It was a fun time throughout the Columbia and the Apparition, and now, he was leaving for another assignment. He was going to miss these parties, assuming he even survived the party. Kelshin remembered something from the mists of human history during an engineering lecture about disaster recover, specifically hydrogen airship accidents, and Kelshin sincerely hoped that this simulation wasn't about to recreate the same event. Especially after hearing the Captain mention the Titanic. The Mirak had their Leo Titanicus cruise ship accident the same way, except she hit an undersea volcano instead of an iceberg. However, if the safeties malfunctioned like the last time they had a holodeck party, then Kelshin would be doing overtime on burn duty.

==Am I correct in thinking this is the Hindenburg?==

#33 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.21 @ 23:38 (11:38 PM)

"So what about you is there a man or woman in your life?" Daniel asked with a grin.

"Not as of now; I had broken up with my girlfriend on my previous ship because she was looking for a commitment and at the time I just couldn't

I did meet a cutie at the Christmas party but I think she was too young, experience wise for me.

I haven't had much luck with men to be honest."

S/he grinned unable to believe s/he was having this conversation with someone s/he barely knew. 

S’Renn came over and spoke to Daniel about 'getting along'…with me?  What is that all about, first Korza and now her?

Leaning in Keir asked Daniel. "Do you know why they are commenting about me Daniel, the Captain said s/he was inviting me so I wouldn't be bored?"

==Tag Hawk==

#34 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 760 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.22 @ 00:20 (12:20 AM)

Xan chuckled at the captain’s reply to his comment but was distracted by Keir who responded like a typical engineer before asking about his absence.

The first officer’s eyes gleamed with mischief, and when he spoke his English accent was more pronounced. “Well you’re ahead of me, technically I’ve never been on the ship, but yes I’ve been… away.”  

He didn’t comment on hir not being a crew member, s/he obviously didn’t realise that SOCCOM wasn’t in the habit of picking up hitchhikers... not and just letting them go anyway. “I’ve been assigned to Adaran’s crew for a few years actually, but s/he changed ships a while back and left me behind, I’ve only just caught up.”

"If your definition of our missions is boring then I would love to see what you think as exciting." Ves’ comment caught Macleod’s attention and still with good humour he muttered under his breath, “No you wouldn't.”

It only got worse as he moved to get himself a drink and overheard an exchange between Adaran and S’Renn that made him choke.

I’m never going to get those images out of my head!  He found himself wishing Emmy were there to share the joke.

Fortunately the award section of the evening started then so he had some time to recover as he applauded the medals.

The crew was definitely a small one and he was going to miss all his former crew mates, but Xan wasn’t one to dwell on the sad stuff and instead looked forward to getting better acquainted with those present.

#35 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.22 @ 23:45 (11:45 PM)

Daniel shrugged a little an frowned at Keir's words. "I haven't had much luck with men either, I mean, relationships I should say. I doubt I'm the settling down type. Unfortunately I don't foresee a Prince Charming in my future."

Just then the Chief Tactical Officer turned her attention to him and Keir. “I am very proud that my department has been decorated,” she said before adding

“I see, you are getting acquainted with Keir. Everything goes smoothly I suppose right?”

Daniel smiled. "Thank you, it seems everyone did their part. I'm just glad I was able to contribute to the success of the mission. And yes, Keir and I are getting along nicely. I find myself enjoying hir company. I hope we get to keep hir."

He then continued, "And congratulations on your Gold Star. Certainly a proud achievement for our department and yourself as well."

Keir then leaned and asked him "Do you know why they are commenting about me Daniel, the Captain said s/he was inviting me so I wouldn't be bored?"

He again shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea."

He then spoke louder to Keir and S'Renn, "My stomach is telling me it is starving. I did expend quite a lot of energy on Pioneer Outpost. Let's eat. It all looks good."

== Tags ==

#36 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 00:05 (12:05 AM)

S'Renn responded to Korza's comment on her award which made him smile.

Korza overheard some of the exchange between Daniel and Keir, specifically the part about Keir not officially being apart of the crew. Seeing a moment to capitalize on, he spoke out, "Let's just say that the only people who know of our crew without having their memory wiped are either involved in the operations, part of the crew, or have so much dirt on everyone that they can't be touched."

Korza's comment was made with his typical dry tone which didn't allude to any sarcasm. He purposely intended it this way so that it drew some concern from the audience. After the response, Korza heard that Daniel was getting along well with Keir which was nice to hear. 

Daniel suggested getting some food and it was at this time that Korza realized that he was hungry as well. There had been so much going on before that it had distracted him from the aching coming from inside. Korza walked over to the selection of food on the carts and selected some of the sweeter looking fruit. He selected the fruit in moderation and laid it on his plate along with a slice of steak that was cooked perfectly. Lastly, Korza selected a glass of bourbon to top the meal off.

Looking towards S'Renn, Korza spoke directly to her, "Would you like anything in particular?"

==Tag S'Renn and Keir==

#37 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 03:58 (03:58 AM)

Adaran reached into hir pocket and pulled out another box. "And now I have something for the doctor as well. He'll be leaving us for a new assignment soon, but we can't let him go without a parting gift. How about an Achievement Medal?" S/he handed it to Alotharis and smiled. "Thanks for all your hard work last mission and for all the previous missions. The ship certainly won't be the same without you. I hope your new crew is as interesting as we were, and less apt to shoot themselves. Hopefully we'll run into each other again sometime, though most likely you won't know we're there if we do, what with the stealth system and all.."

After finishing with Alotharis, s/he concluded with an announcement about missing crewmembers. "There's a medal for Vos as well," s/he said, "but he wasn't sure he could make it tonight or not though. As for our other errant crewmembers, Ptou'zin is on leave and has left the station. We should be getting a replacement before our next mission starts. And Mister Bowie has been reassigned elsewhere, so that leaves us with no engineer currently. SOCOM has seen fit to assign us a replacement though. Upon my recommendation they decided to go with someone who was already familiar with the Apparition."

S/he turned towards Keir. "So starting immediately, your new assignment is with us. I'd congratulate you, but getting assigned to the Apparition isn't really a congratulatable--if that's a word--event. I think your record, though, shows you have the skills necessary to keep her running smoothly. There's a lot of new tech to get used to, but I'm confident you can get up to speed on it quickly. And since we're lacking a Chief Engineer, the job is yours as well if you want it. Does that interest you?"

#38 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 23:38 (11:38 PM)

Keir watched and listened with interest to the discussions until suddenly Adaran was right in front of hir...

And she was saying words:

"So starting immediately, your new assignment is with us. I'd congratulate you, but getting assigned to the Apparition isn't really a congratulatable--if that's a word--event. I think your record, though, shows you have the skills necessary to keep her running smoothly. There's a lot of new tech to get used to, but I'm confident you can get up to speed on it quickly. And since we're lacking a Chief Engineer, the job is yours as well if you want it. Does that interest you?"

There was a buzzing sound in hir ears, and suddenly hir face felt warm. S/he downed the drink in hir hand, never a good idea for Keir given hir poor tolerance for alcohol, but it did calm hir a bit.

"Wha...?"

S/he knew hir eyes were popping, and hir throat got dry making replying difficult, hir voice making a squeaking sound. "Adaran you want me for Chief Engineer?

S/he turned to Daniel, the voice recovering, “Did s/he just ask me what I think s/he just asked me?"

==Tag Adaran and Daniel and whoever else wants to chime in==

#39 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.23 @ 23:47 (11:47 PM)

Daniel smiled as he heard the Captain's offer to Keir. He wasn't surprised at the offer given hir experience and rank in Star Fleet. If fact he'd been expecting hir to join the crew since they had picked her up. The Apparition seemed to collect orphans and Keir would be an asset.

“Did s/he just ask me what I think s/he just asked me?" Keir asked him.

Swallowing a mouth full of crab meat, Daniel nodded "Yeah, and you better accept before s/he changes hir mind. Captain's prerogative and all,"  he said with a grin and mouth half full of food.

Edited by Ens Daniel Hawk, Star Date 21901.23 @ 23:49 (11:49 PM).

#40 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.24 @ 00:11 (12:11 AM)

Turning back to the Captain s/he worked to recover hir composure certain that s/he had just made a fool of hirself, but determined to go for an improvement.

"I would be honoured to join your crew and serve with you Captain."

Adaran could see hir extend a claw on hir right hand and make a swift cut to hir left forearm.

The blood expelled away from both Hermats as Keir briefly lowered hir head in respect. "I shed my blood for you Adaran 225."

The Hermat Captain would remember that being a tradition in some of the child gangs when a new recruit had earned respect and was asked to swear fealty.

And realizing s/he needed to recover some of the self-respect s/he had just expended Keir added with a wink. "So is there a medal in that pocket for me too?"

==Tags==

Edited by Lt Keir 77, Star Date 21901.24 @ 00:17 (12:17 AM).

#41 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.24 @ 23:29 (11:29 PM)

Daniel smiled. "Thank you, it seems everyone did their part. I'm just glad I was able to contribute to the success of the mission. And yes, Keir and I are getting along nicely. I find myself enjoying hir company. I hope we get to keep hir,"

“Ah, yes???” S’Renn commented cryptically but didn’t express loudly her thoughts on the rumors she had heard about Daniel kiss to P’touzin:

Did you ask my cousin about getting along with hir, hmmm?

After some private discussion with Keir in low voice, David then spoke louder to Keir and S'Renn, "My stomach is telling me it is starving. I did expend quite a lot of energy on Pioneer Outpost. Let's eat. It all looks good."

Looking towards S'Renn, Korza spoke directly to her, "Would you like anything in particular?"

“Because of the décor, I would say either seafood or perhaps some ornitha, hen I mean,”

At the end of the medal ceremony, Adaran announced a job offer to Keir who seemed to accept it after a brief confusion and following a particularly bloody ritual.

She turned to Daniel:

“I am sure our next mission will be most promising and most colorful…” she said in a tone plenty of insinuations…

== Tag == 

#42 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.26 @ 00:30 (12:30 AM)

It was all official as Keir accepted the Captain's offer and now there were two Hermats aboard the Apparition. God help us.  Daniel thought as he watched the two Hermats engage in some sort of blood letting ceremony.

He turned away at the sight of the blood and focused back on the food. It was then that the Chief Tactical Officer engaged him in conversation again.

“I am sure our next mission will be most promising and most colorful…” she offered in a suggestive tone.

Daniel nodded as he stuffed his mouth with shrimp. "Most likely, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't," he said when he swallowed.

"How much fun is it to go on a mission where there isn't a high probably of death or dismemberment," he offered with a grin.

He then added. "I get the impression they like giving this crew the hardest missions. I like that."

== Tags ==

#43 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.26 @ 02:45 (02:45 AM)

Korza heard Adaran announce that Keir would be staying with the crew and also heard S'Renn say what she wanted from the food cart. 

As Korza was dishing up some seafood for S'Renn, he turned his head towards Keir, "I'm glad that they won't have to wipe your memory." Korza smirked as he spoke and turned his attention back towards the food cart. 

Once he was done dishing the food, Korza turned and presented the plate of seafood to S'Renn. On it she would find an assortment of lobster, shrimp, clams, and oysters. Korza took for himself a plate with lobster and shrimp. The shrimp was of the scampi style and the lobster was next to a dish of garlic butter. 

Korza held the plate and stood next to S'Renn while slowly sampling his food. His drink was sat next to him on a counter. 

Daniel was eating shrimp as well and said, "I get the impression they like giving htis crew the hardest missions. I like that."

In between bites, Korza replied, "Are there any other kind of missions? I've only ever been on this ship and if we aren't getting shot at, chased, arrested, poisoned, or sent into some dangerous area then I'm wondering what is going to go wrong."

He then looked towards Keir, "Don't worry though, most of the wounds have been superficial."

==Tag S'Renn, Keir, and Daniel==

#44 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.26 @ 03:05 (03:05 AM)

Adaran frowned as Keir questioned hir offer.

"You want me for Chief Engineer?" said the other Hermat.

"Well, I didn't ask you to be Queen of the May," s/he replied.

After consultation with Hawk, Keir finally accepted. Adaran was unsure why Hawk had to be consulted, but s/he filed it away for future reference. Then Keir cut hir arm, causing Adaran to raise an eyebrow in concern. 

"Ach! Careful. I paid a cleaning deposit on this place," s/he half-joked. S/he knew from hir youth what Keir was doing, but s/he'd been in Star Fleet 30 years without ever having gone back to Hermat once, and s/he'd spent more time on Earth in hir life than s/he had the planet of hir birth. S/he was much more in tune with human customs than s/he was those of hir own species.

Keir then said, with a wink. "So is there a medal in that pocket for me too?"

Adaran briefly thought of an old Earth expression s/he'd heard once, where you asked someone if they had something in their pocket or if they were just happy to see you, but s/he refrained from repeating it, not quite sure the intended humor would be understood.

"Since you're part of the crew now," s/he replied. "I can officially hand it out to you. How about a Commendation Medal for all your help on Thoth? Those androids were pretty tough customers, and it took all four of us to get out of the warehouse." S/he handed the medal to Keir and nodded. "Congratulations."

S/he then heard Hawk speak. "I get the impression they like giving this crew the hardest missions. I like that," he said.

"They like to give us impossible missions to complete,," s/he replied. "I don't think we've ever had one end with the best possible scenario. Usually we have to cut our losses and run."

Just then, a large shadow quickly ran the length of the airship's deck. Before anyone had a chance to look up and see what had caused it, it was gone.

#45 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.26 @ 10:56 (10:56 AM)

As Korza was dishing up some seafood for S'Renn, he turned his head towards Keir, "I'm glad that they won't have to wipe your memory." Korza smirked as he spoke and turned his attention back towards the food cart.

“You know dear, there are flashing pens for this job, the one who uses it must wear sunglasses though,” S’Renn replied with a smirking face and in a tone that Keir could overhear and start wondering what that magical device might be. “Oh! Thank you,” she added taking the plate Korza offered to her.

Then Daniel and Korza started teasing Keir about how dangerous their missions were.

Ouch!” S’Renn suddenly shouted.

“This is either real sea food or they have improved the replicators…” S’Renn added. “Look here what I found when eating an oyster,” she said and left on her napkin a perfectly round pearl. “You are talking here about dismemberment, but I risked breaking a tooth…”

"They like to give us impossible missions to complete," Adaran replied. "I don't think we've ever had one end with the best possible scenario. Usually, we have to cut our losses and run."

“I was wondering Captain since long time ago why they are doing this. I mean the reason they assign to us such impossible missions. Once I thought perhaps they don’t like you and they might want to discredit you. But as you said now I am thinking there might be a reason pertaining to maneuver warfare tactics for such missions. Perhaps the general staff does not even care if we will be successful or not. We perhaps are simply playing the rabbit in a greyhound racing.”

== Tag ==

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21901.26 @ 10:58 (10:58 AM).

#46 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.27 @ 13:14 (01:14 PM)

S/he was a bit surprised by Adaran's reaction. "Apologies Captain I was quite caught by surprise by your offer, having taken your invitation at face value." S/he smiled wryly "I will be careful to not do that again, but thank you for your confidence and this nice shiny medal."

As Korza was dishing up some seafood for S'Renn, he turned his head towards Keir, "I'm glad that they won't have to wipe your memory." Korza smirked as he spoke.

Keir smirked back, "Yeah me too" Hir eyes rolled.

“You know dear, there are flashing pens for this job, the one who uses it must wear sunglasses though,” S’Renn replied with a smirking face and in a tone that Keir could overhear 

"Well I am pleased too Commander, I wouldn't have wanted my discomfort to be a burden to you going forward." Hir tone was appropriately smarmy as S’Renn had been all but ignoring hir until now.

Looking up s/he squinted at the sun, but not in time to see what went by, "I think I could use those sunglasses now."

Moving past the others to the food table s/he listened as S’Renn spoke. 

“I was wondering Captain since long time ago why they are doing this. I mean the reason they assign to us such impossible missions. Once I thought perhaps they don’t like you and they might want to discredit you. But as you said now I am thinking there might be a reason pertaining to maneuver warfare tactics for such missions. Perhaps the general staff does not even care if we will be successful or not. We perhaps are simply playing the rabbit in a greyhound racing.”

After loading a plate s/he gave both of the smirkers a full on toothy grin. "I like chasing rabbits; they are so much more flavourful after a good run." 

Moving back to where Hawk was. "I agree with Daniel, if the mission is too easy we risk falling into complacency; however that other woman did seem to know everything we were there to do, perhaps we were there merely to be her foil and distract all involved so she could proceed with what the main mission was.

But maybe I'm being a bit too cynical; after all if for no other reason I cannot imagine they want the ship to fall into the wrong hands." S/he shrugged adding. "But maybe that's why I like being an engineer we get to exist deep in the ship and leave the psychoanalysis to those better qualified."

S/he pulled up a chair and sat with hir plate on hir lap, periodically checking the skies as s/he chewed. "You know Captain with us being up so high I sure am glad that you disabled all the holodeck safeties, it sure would have been less dramatic, should we get knocked off this platform."

==Tags==

#47 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.27 @ 22:45 (10:45 PM)

"Well I am pleased too Commander, I wouldn't have wanted my discomfort to be a burden to you going forward." Keir intervened, hir tone was appropriately smarmy as S’Renn had been all but ignoring hir until now.

“Why are you saying that? What burden? On the contrary, though, I sincerely believe your company will bring…” S’Renn paused for a moment and did a gesture with her fingers like she was searching the appropriate wording. Then shortly after she continued:

“… Will break the routine. Ah yes! You will bring some innovative approach to how we execute missions… I am sure the Captain has many expectations from you,” she added then she leaned conspiratorially to Keir and concluded:

“The Captain is very demanding, but also s/he awards generously the bold and the reckless! By this, welcome aboard Lieutenant!

When S’Renn suggested about their role as the rabbit in a dog and rabbit race Keir commented:

"I like chasing rabbits; they are so much more flavourful after a good run."

“Yeah, but in our situation, we are the rabbits, we try every time to stay alive,” S’Renn replied and turned to Adaran:

“Well Captain the mission I enjoyed most, and I believe it was successful, was the one we had been sent to investigate an abandoned Romulan base on an asteroid and we discovered a head in a jar and creatures coming back to life from the dust just when we pressurized the structure. What shall we expect today? Some flying monster with tentacles?"

== Tag ==

#48 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.27 @ 23:23 (11:23 PM)

Korza listened with interest to the exchange between S'Renn and Keir. He kept eating his food without stopping until a shadow quickly passed over the ship.

"Captain, you didn't put dragons in this simulation did you?" Korza was only half joking about the dragon comment.

Looking towards the Captain for an answer, Korza took a drink of his whiskey and finished the glass.

It's bad luck to spill any. Korza thought to himself as he placed the plate and cup on the table next to him. 

==Tag Captain==

#49 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.29 @ 05:21 (05:21 AM)

Adaran glanced over as S'Renn addressed hir.

"I was wondering Captain since long time ago why they are doing this," said the CTO. "I mean the reason they assign to us such impossible missions. Once I thought perhaps they don’t like you and they might want to discredit you. But as you said now I am thinking there might be a reason pertaining to maneuver warfare tactics for such missions. Perhaps the general staff does not even care if we will be successful or not. We perhaps are simply playing the rabbit in a greyhound racing."

"I don't think they really know what exactly they want us to do when they send us out," s/he replied. "It's more about collecting information than expecting solid results."

Now that all the awards had been handed out, Adaran grabbed a plate and starting piling food on it.

"You know Captain with us being up so high I sure am glad that you disabled all the holodeck safeties," said Keir. "Iit sure would have been less dramatic, should we get knocked off this platform."

Adaran looked over at hir with a puzzled expression. "The safeties are disabled?" s/he asked. S/he hoped they weren't. S/he hadn't disabled them, and s/he certainly had no intention of plummeting to the ground.

"Well Captain the mission I enjoyed most," said S'Renn, "and I believe it was successful, was the one we had been sent to investigate an abandoned Romulan base on an asteroid and we discovered a head in a jar and creatures coming back to life from the dust just when we pressurized the structure. What shall we expect today? Some flying monster with tentacles?"

"Captain, you didn't put dragons in this simulation did you?" added Korza after the shadow had crossed the airship.

Adaran shook hir head and sat down at the table. "I didn't put anything in this program," s/he said. "It's just supposed to be a simple airship ride, according to the Ferengi I bought it from."

At that moment, something large, dark, and scaly, with leathery wings, flew up from under the airship and disappeared above it.

== No safeties? Dragons? I predict this is all going to end well. ==

#50 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.30 @ 00:42 (12:42 AM)

Korza replied to Daniel, "Are there any other kind of missions? I've only ever been on this ship and if we aren't getting shot at, chased, arrested, poisoned, or sent into some dangerous area then I'm wondering what is going to go wrong."

"They like to give us impossible missions to complete,," s/he replied. "I don't think we've ever had one end with the best possible scenario. Usually we have to cut our losses and run."

Daniel then shrugged his shoulders and said  "I don't know about other kinds of missions, this was my first and what I hope to be many with this crew."

He then returned to his eating as the rest of the crew continued to banter and enjoy the refreshments. Half listening and half paying attention to the others, his focus was now not just on the food, but drink. He looked around for something that would satisfy his palate. Is Ves drinking whisky? I want some whisky, I love whisky.

As he was reaching for the bottle his attention was suddenly drawn to a comment by Ves. "Captain, you didn't put dragons in this simulation did you?"

Dragons? Did you say dragons? There are dragons in this hologram? What the H...

"I didn't put anything in this program," the Captain answered. "It's just supposed to be a simple airship ride, according to the Ferengi I bought it from."

At that moment, something large, dark, and scaly, with leathery wings, flew up from under the airship and disappeared above it.

Dragon? I think that was a dragon. And did Keir say something about safety protocols disabled?

Daniel for a moment forgot about whisky and ran over to the rail of the airship and looked over. He didn't see anything, but he swore he saw a dragon.

He turned back to look at the others. "Captain, I think the Ferngi sold you a hologram with a dragon," Daniel said with a concerned look on his face.

== Tags ==

#51 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.31 @ 23:14 (11:14 PM)

The Captain was either playing a game with them or s/he really was unaware of the program's specificities including the status of the safeties. Obviously I would prefer the former, but either one trusts one's Captain or they don't stay on as part of the crew.

Seeing the jovial look on Adaran's face s/he believed s/he was well justified in hir belief in hir fellow Hermat.

After filling a plate of the unfortunately well cooked meal Keir picked up hir drink and followed Daniel to the rail.

S/he sat hir beer on the deck and leaned against the rail, laid a gentle hand on the young TAC officer's shoulder. "Don't worry I'll protect you."

S/he took a bite and after chewing added, with a shrug. "Unless it eats me of course."

==Tags==

#52 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.02 @ 00:33 (12:33 AM)

"I don't think they really know what exactly they want us to do when they send us out," Adaran replied. "It's more about collecting information than expecting solid results."

“I see…” S’Renn reacted simply as Adaran’s reply was totally unexpected. She had never looked at their mission under this angle.

All those people in the HQ must have lost their mind…

Then the discussion started about monsters and dragons and Keir mentioned about disabled safeties in the holodeck,

"Captain, you didn't put dragons in this simulation did you?" Korza was only half joking about the dragon comment.

Now, here we start… S’Renn thought unaware about the creature which was wandering under the airship, but it was the moment she started paying attention to a discussion which was seemingly absurd.

"I didn't put anything in this program," Adaran said. "It's just supposed to be a simple airship ride, according to the Ferengi I bought it from."

"Captain, I think the Ferengi sold you a hologram with a dragon," Daniel launched inadvertently.

That made S’Renn stop eating as she looked around a shrimp still in her mouth.

She scanned for a while the sky around but she saw nothing odd. She turned to Korza and asked in a worried tone:

“What is happening dear?”

== Tag ==

#53 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.02 @ 13:44 (01:44 PM)

"What's happening dear?" S'Renn asked Korza. 

"Oh nothing, it just looks like the Captain procured us a program of a quiet and peaceful airship ride with a dragon in it. Nothing to worry about, unless of course you would be a tasty morsel for a flying lizard that breathes fire." Korza smiled at the end of his response and placed his hand on S'Renn's back. "I'll keep you safe though." 

Looking around for any more signs of danger, Korza tried to find anything that could be used as a weapon in the event that the dragon felt that the crew was trying to steal some of its gold. 

The silverware from the cart was the only thing immediately present to Korza that could be used and it would likely not be useful against anything that flies. 

"Captain, was the deal you got on the program good or really good?" Korza asked the question of the Captain, placing air quotes around really good.

==Tag S'Renn and Captain==

#54 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.03 @ 03:56 (03:56 AM)

Hawk seemed rather concerned about the unusual visitor in the program and ran to the railing.

"Captain, I think the Ferngi sold you a hologram with a dragon," he said.

"Captain, was the deal you got on the program good or really good?" asked Korza.

S/he noticed the air quotes he added around really good and frowned slightly. "Well, it was cheap," s/he admitted. "The Ferengi said he got them on closeout from a company that went out of business. He didn't say why they went out of business though."

The dragon that had been circling around the airship suddenly flew up again, this time much more slowly. As it reached the level of the airship's main body, it spread its wings and glided next to them for a few seconds. It turned its head and gave the whole ship the once over before letting out a little smoke from its nostrils and flapping its wings again, soaring high up over the gasbag.

"I don't know," said Adaran, glancing at the steam rising from the boilers. "Maybe its nearsighted and thinks this ship is a lady dragon."

#55 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.03 @ 18:07 (06:07 PM)

"Oh nothing, it just looks like the Captain procured us a program of a quiet and peaceful airship ride with a dragon in it. Nothing to worry about, unless of course you would be a tasty morsel for a flying lizard that breathes fire." Korza smiled at the end of his response and placed his hand on S'Renn's back. "I'll keep you safe though."

S’Renn turned with a smile to him:

“You know dear, the best way to kill a dragon is to shoot on the vitriol sac at his throat just before it blows its fire. You will understand what the right moment is when you will notice its throat slightly changes color to the red and inflates. That means it is plenty of vitriol ready to be released. Otherwise, if you puncture the sac when empty it will only leak but the dragon will continue to blow fire…” she explained.

"Captain, was the deal you got on the program good or really good?" Korza asked the question of the Captain, placing air quotes around really good.

"Well, it was cheap," Adaran admitted. "The Ferengi said he got them on closeout from a company that went out of business. He didn't say why they went out of business though."

The dragon that had been circling around the airship suddenly flew up again, this time much more slowly. As it reached the level of the airship's main body, it spread its wings and glided next to them for a few seconds. It turned its head and gave the whole ship the once over before letting out a little smoke from its nostrils and flapping its wings again, soaring high up over the gasbag.

"I don't know," said Adaran, glancing at the steam rising from the boilers. "Maybe it’s nearsighted and thinks this ship is a lady dragon."

Hey! I thought you were joking!” S’Renn reacted noticing for the first time that there was a 'real' dragon wandering around the airship. “I hope only it has the standard anatomy and a vitriol sac in his throat. And I am not sure it considers us as female to mate. It just evaluates the situation before attacking us. Korza, let’s try to find some spears or harpoons and a ballista if the airship carries something like that around. I suspect the Captain bought a game pertaining to dragon hunt…”

== Tag Captain and Korza ==

== GM-Adaran input is kindly requested: Is there any anachronic weapons onboard? Even longbows or crossbows with arrows could do the job. Thanks. If not what type of weapons can we materialize in the holodeck? Thanks. ==

#56 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.05 @ 00:31 (12:31 AM)

"Don't worry I'll protect you." Keir said to Daniel after he reported their visitor.

"Gee thanks, that's comforting," he replied to hir, rolling his eyes in a sarcastic manner.

At first no one seemed to be too concerned. In fact the Captain and Vos seemed to make jokes but once the Dragon reappeared and flew beside the airship in full few, the Chief Tactical Officer seemed alarmed and suggested finding some weapons to kill it and the Captain suggested that it might be mistaking them for a mate.

"Well, isn't love grand," Daniel said once the Captain suggested the dragon might be mistaking the airship for a mate.

"And how do you know it is a male dragon, or female for that matter. I mean I don't see any ba...I mean how can you tell. Maybe it thinks we are a rival dragon," he then added.

He was beginning to feel a little nervous but then he realized that the Captain and others might be playing some sort of prank. Yeah, that is it, some sort of prank, they are trying to haze the newbie, which is me or Keir, I guess..or both of us.

"Perhaps we should offer it a sacrifice, I nominate Lieutenant Ves," he said playfully.

== Tags ==

#57 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.06 @ 22:54 (10:54 PM)

Korza listened intently to S'Renn's explanation of how to kill a dragon as he was unfamiliar with them. 

"How do you know so much about dragons? I haven't encountered any in my lifetime or previous ones." Korza responded to S'Renn. 

S'Renn suggested that they begin looking for anything they could use as a weapon against the dragon. 

"I'm all for fighting the dragon, but why don't we just try to leave the program or shut it down? Why, we could even ask the computer to remove the dragon. Granted that takes the fun away from it." Korza stated to no one in particular. 

His eyes darted around the airship and looked for anything in particular that could be used as a weapon. 

Not seeing anything besides cutlery within immediate reach, Korza then turned to the Captain and made a joke, "Captain, do you want to try and lasso the dragon and ride it into the sunset? That would make for a fun story to tell the other Captains." Korza smirked and shrugged slightly.

==Tag everyone==

#58 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.07 @ 20:58 (08:58 PM)

"Maybe the dragon is looking for a Mama. Could she sleep with me Captain, could she?"

S/he grinned and winked at Daniel. "I just love cuddling."

Keir headed back to the table refilled hir beer glass and got a couple of tasty burgers.

S/he patted Korza on the shoulder, "I'm armed Chief, and ready if you need me." S/he extended the claws on one hand to demonstrate, grinning up at the Trill good naturedly.

==Tags==

#59 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.08 @ 03:41 (03:41 AM)

== A short post to keep things moving along. I've been doing some behind-the-scenes stuff lately to get us ready for a new mission, and my free time has been very slim this week. ==

Adaran looked at S'Renn and nodded. "I think I saw some cannons down below," s/he said. "Rez whatever you'd like though, but I wouldn't recommend a harpoon or anything. Not unless you want to the dragon to take us for a bumpy ride."

S/he smiled in amusement at all the other comments.

The dragon made another pass by the gondola, this time flying down from above and coming so close as to make the ship section sway slightly from the rush of its wings.

#60 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.09 @ 00:32 (12:32 AM)

Keir tapped Korza on the shoulder and informed him that s/he was armed and then displayed her claws.

"Good to know, maybe we can throw you onto the dragons back and you can have a new pet. I wonder if dragon meat is gamy?" Korza said with a smirk. 

The Captain only responded to Korza's comment about stopping the program with a smile, "You're right Captain, that would take the fun out of it."

Looking around and not seeing much and not wanting to trust the cannons below, Korza recalled the Captain's comment about rezing something and smiled. 

Thinking back on some of the stories that Korza had heard about dragons, he thought of ballistas, trebuchets, crossbows, bows, and any other sort of projectile that could reach the dragon. 

Maybe it doesn't want to fight us, it hasn't attacked us yet. 

"This should be interesting, watch this!" Korza shouted to the assembled group.

Walking over to the edge of the airship, Korza looked out for any sign of the dragon.

"Computer, full sized lamb, no wool, and a sixty foot rope please." Korza smiled at the request knowing that he had some interesting plans if the computer complied with the request. 

==GM input - does the computer help Korza?==

#61 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 760 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.10 @ 03:41 (03:41 AM)

Xan jumped as a Dragon-like creature flew up beside the ship, continuing into the clouds above.

Although he did sometimes use the holodeck to train himself without the advantage his empathy gave him, he hadn't been expecting that sort of scenario that night… at least not until after dinner.

Kapetanaki gave her opinion on how to kill the creature but Xan wasn't convinced, “it depends on the type of dragon…”

As it took another pass, appearing to be curious about the strange ship in its skies, Ves came up with another idea.

Xan put down his plate and prepared to help, although he wasn't sure he could. When the security chief had his answer, Xan tried another request, “Computer, give me a broadsword of strong, non-conductive metal.”

To the others he added, “If it has a Thor's Thimble we don't want to ignite it accidentally, given the nature of our transportation.”

== GM Input: does Macleod get his sword? ==

#62 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.10 @ 10:15 (10:15 AM)

"How do you know so much about dragons? I haven't encountered any in my lifetime or previous ones." Korza responded to S'Renn.

“Hi, hi… Me neither. From literature and movies dear. They usually all copies from each other and the anatomy is always similar, fire lung, ice lung, vitriol sac… whatever,” S’Renn replied.

"I'm all for fighting the dragon, but why don't we just try to leave the program or shut it down? Why we could even ask the computer to remove the dragon. Granted that takes the fun away from it." Korza stated to no one in particular.

“I’ll tell you why. Firs,t there will be a glitch in the program so we will be caught in a holodeck malfunction loop. I am sure if you ask the arch to appear and to open the doors it won’t work. So we need to play the game. Also, I am pretty sure that the person who designed this simulation wanted a dragon hunt. So we want to hunt the dragon to advance to a next level or to end the game. And because of the retro of the scenery if you ask for a phaser or disruptor the program won’t materialize it. Capiche darling?” She replied to Korza.

"I'm armed Chief, and ready if you need me." Keir extended the claws on one hand to demonstrate, grinning up at the Trill good naturedly.

“And you sincerely believe your claws will go thru the scales right? Unless you ride on it and you raise the scale covering its heart,” S'Renn reacted.

"I think I saw some cannons down below," Adaran said. "Rez whatever you'd like though, but I wouldn't recommend a harpoon or anything. Not unless you want to the dragon to take us for a bumpy ride."

“You heard Korza, go to prepare the cannons and powder,” S’Renn reacted and added to nobody particular:

“That said, in many tales, dragons are sentient beings and able to communicate. I think we should try. I will go talk with it,” S’Renn said and walked to the gunwale and hold the ropes of the airship:

“Computer, katana at my hand,” she commanded. “I don’t believe I am playing Anne Bonny, let’s get some fun…”

Hey, you noble dragon? Who are you and are you doing around? Need some company?

S’Renn shouted to the dragon.

== GM input please: Did the katana materialize? Waiting for the lamb to show, what is the dragon’s reaction? ==

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21902.10 @ 10:15 (10:15 AM).

#63 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.12 @ 00:19 (12:19 AM)

Ropes and sheep?

Katanas?

These guys really ARE insane.

"OK if no one else is gonna try the cannons then I will."

Dropping to all fours the young Hermat leapt towards the stairs and raced at full speed to the nearest cannon.

OK you are an engineer, so how tough can it be.

Keir will examine the cannon and also look for such important things such as gunpowder and cannon balls, along with something to ram them into the cannon,

==Any luck?==

#64 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.12 @ 03:50 (03:50 AM)

Adaran stood and walked casually across the upper deck as s/he observed what the crew were doing.

A sheared lamb appeared next to Korza, along with a length of rope. The sheep let out a bleet and began to run around the deck frantically.

A broadsword appeared on the table near Xan. There is no such thing as a fully non-conductive metal, so the computer chose to make the sword of stainless steel, the least conductive metal.

A katana appeared in S'Renn's hand. The dragon did not respond to her shout.

Keir found the cannons and near them was a crate of cannonballs as well as chain shot. A powderbox was also nearby. The cannons on the ship were breech-loading, so they didn't need anything to pack the balls down the bore.

Adaran hirself briefly thought of taking part in the hunt but then changed hir mind, deciding to let the crew have their fun without hir inteference. S/he instead rezzed a lounge chair and sat down to continue watching. "Dibs on the white meat," s/he called out.

The lamb then ran past hir, almost knocking over hir chair. The dragon made another appearance as well, flying upwards, close to the gondola again, making it sway harder than the last time. It had probably passed only a few feet from the edge of the gondola.

#65 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.13 @ 02:21 (02:21 AM)

Wow they sure are taking this whole dragon business seriously.

Daniel watched as the others were gearing up to fight against the dragon, who to his knowledge hadn't acted aggressively toward them. The First Officer had a broadsword, his boss the Chief Tactical Officer had a katana. What the hell is Ves going to do with lamb and rope. 

He really didn't feel like participating. I thought this was a party not a dragon hunt.

Helping himself to more alcohol, the redhead noticed that the Captain didn't seem to be engaging in the dragon hunt either. It was probably the amount of liquor that he had already consumed, but he decided that s/he had the best seat in the house sitting in a rezzed lounge chair. He heard hir say "Dibs on the white meat."

So Daniel then made his way to where the Captain was and plopped down next to hir in another lounge chair, his cocktail in hand. "Oh, now Capitan, the dark meat can be just as tasty. If you know how to prepare it," he grinned.

He then raised his drink and toasted her. "To the hunt."

== Tags ==

#66 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.14 @ 17:33 (05:33 PM)

"Dibs on the white meat," Adaran called out.

Keir answered, "Rules of the hunt, you don't participate you get what's leftover. And the same goes for you Red."

Keir carefully loaded two cannons that were close to each other and watched for an opportunity.

The first one s/he would fire was regular shot, the second; chain shot.

Ok Sweetie c'mon over here, Keir hasn't had any raw meat lately.

The excitement was intoxicating, as this was clearly the largest prey s/he had ever hunted. 

"Well if the safeties really are off this will be a great way to go." S/he spoke loudly enough to carry.

==When the lizard gets into the sights of cannon 1 s/he will try to lead it, and then rush to the other prepared to aim and fire again.==

Edited by Lt Keir 77, Star Date 21902.14 @ 17:34 (05:34 PM).

#67 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.14 @ 21:08 (09:08 PM)

S’Renn saw Daniel plopped down next to the Captain in another lounge chair, his cocktail in hand.

"Oh, now Capitan, the dark meat can be just as tasty. If you know how to prepare it," he grinned and then raised his drink and toasted hir. "To the hunt."

"Rules of the hunt, you don't participate you get what's leftover. And the same goes for you Red." Keir launched.

Right! Take the wheel Mr. Red!” S’Renn commanded getting perfectly in the role of Anne Bonny.

In the meantime, Keir descended to the cannons deck of the gondola and S’Renn considered s/he was loading the cannons.

“Korza, go to help hir, we’ll need all the canons loaded and locked,” she instructed Korza and she turned to Adaran:

“Sorry Captain, I should have better asked your permission to play Anne Bonny. I mean perhaps you would prefer keeping this role for yourself. But the truth is I prefer Manne Bonny than Mary Reed.”

Then while climbing up Jacob's ladder she turned to Macleod:

“You Commander? Would you like to have the role Calico Jack perhaps…”

== Tag. Started reading 'The General History of the Pyrates' by Captain Charles Johnson. ==

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21902.14 @ 21:09 (09:09 PM).

#68 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 02:02 (02:02 AM)

The lamb and rope appeared next to Korza and shortly afterwards the lamb began running around the deck. 

"Dang it! The rope was supposed to be attached." Korza began to run after the lamb with one end of the rope in his hand. As he ran, he tied the rope into a slip knot so that he could lasso the lamb. 

Conversation was taking place around the deck but Korza was too focused on the lamb to hear any of it. He did hear S'Renn's voice but didn't catch everything that she said, something about loaded and locked.

As Korza got close to the lamb he swung the lasso and launched it towards the lamb attempting to lasso it. If he was successful, he would quickly toss the lamb on its side and tie its legs together as if it were a rodeo. 

==GM input - Does Korza successfully lasso the lamb?==

#69 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.18 @ 03:06 (03:06 AM)

Adaran nodded to Hawk as he pulled up another lounge chair next to hir. "Oh, now Capitan, the dark meat can be just as tasty. If you know how to prepare it," he said.

S/he grinned, showing hir sharp canines. "Prepare? I eat it raw."

"Rules of the hunt, you don't participate you get what's leftover. And the same goes for you Red," yelled Keir.

Adaran shifted in hir chair and crossed hir outstretched legs. "Rules of the hunt are made by the owner of the holodeck program," s/he yelled back.

S'Renn was getting into the spirit of the hunt even more than the others it seems. "Sorry Captain, I should have better asked your permission to play Anne Bonny," she said just before climbing up part of the ship. "I mean perhaps you would prefer keeping this role for yourself. But the truth is I prefer Manne Bonny than Mary Reed."

"You can play whomever you wish," s/he said. "I'm playing the role of spectator and taking odds on which one of you gets eaten by the dragon first."

Korza was unfortunately not very experienced at being a cowboy, and his lasso went wide of the lamb. He ended up lassoing Hawk, lounge chair and all.

#70 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.21 @ 02:17 (02:17 AM)

Korza's lasso missed the lamb and managed to capture Hawk. Remaining dedicated to his original mission, Korza followed through with the original plan of hogtying the captured object. 

If he was successful in hogtying Hawk the real fun would begin. 

==GM/Hawk input - Is Korza successful in his hogtying attempt?==

#71 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.21 @ 02:31 (02:31 AM)

== I'll let Mister Hawk answer that GM request, Korza.  :D  ==

#72 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.21 @ 07:06 (07:06 AM)

== Oh goodie I get to play GM...I'll try to keep it PG-18 ==

The Captain grinned at Daniel, showing hir sharp canines. "Prepare? I eat it raw."

Raw? There are very few things I like raw.

He raised his glass to hir and said. "I can respect that."

As the hunt seemed to be well underway the others were getting into the spirit of the great dragon hunt. Cowboys, Pirates, Hermats, Oh my.

Daniel was deciding which cocktail he should have next as his glass was empty when he was surprised by a rope suddenly thrown around him and the chair. Looking over he saw that the Chief Security Officer had a lasso in his hand and now either intentionally or unintentionally, Daniel found himself lassoed. Well, this isn't exactly the first time I've been tied up. I really need to do that holodeck program again....

He was even more surprised when he saw the man rush over to him and hogtie him like a calf on a roundup. Perhaps the most intriguing thing of all was how efficiently the handsome Lieutenant had bound his hands and feet. He couldn't move at all. His glass had fallen to the deck and broke but it was of no consequence since it was empty.

Unable to move, Daniel smiled and gazed playfully up at Ves. "You know, I imagined our first date a little differently."

== Tags ==

#73 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.22 @ 18:17 (06:17 PM)

Then S’Renn’s ears caught Adaran saying:

"Prepare? I eat it raw."

Then s/he answered to S’Renn:

"You can play whomever you wish, I'm playing the role of spectator and taking odds on which one of you gets eaten by the dragon first."

“No worries Capt. In the end, you will have dragon’s steak tartare in your menu…”

From the top of Jacob’s ladder, S’Renn watched the dragon’s trajectory and glanced what Korza was doing on the gondola with the sheep. He obviously trying to tie it and use it as a bait.

Oooeee! Keir! The canons reeadyyy?” she shouted to Keir and then she ordered to turn the airship in a way to position it at dragon’s 6:00 o’clock.

Heeelm! The wheeel all staarboaaard!” she commanded.

== Really, who is at the wheel? I just said starboard to initiate the hunt. Now it is the GM’s turn. ==

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21902.22 @ 18:17 (06:17 PM).

#74 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.26 @ 02:36 (02:36 AM)

The wheel was not manned at all. The airship was simply moving forward at a set speed in a set direction. Someone would have to take the wheel if they wanted to turn the ship.

The dragon made another pass at the gondola. It's long tail slapped at the ship as it flew under it, causing the gondola to rock back and forth rather violently for a few seconds. Adaran's chair tipped over in the chaos, and the chair slid off the top deck. The captain, however, was firmly anchored to the deck by claws.

"Someone want to get that dragon already?" s/he yelled out.

#75 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.26 @ 20:52 (08:52 PM)

Do I have to do everything?

Ves was making a fool of himself, Daniel was loafing off, and S'Renn climbed the mast?

"Daniel you're a helmsman get off your sweet lil butt; and turn this damn ship so I can shoot the big lizard; move it Red."

Looking up at the Romulan Hybrid s/he yelled again. “You realize that being way up there isn't helping eh?"

All the guns were loaded and the Hermat awaited an opportunity.

You know if we don't get the dragon I could always hunt down and eat the sheep. That brought a feral smile to the Engineer.

==Tag whoever the F is in charge around here==

#76 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.27 @ 15:28 (03:28 PM)

Up on the mast S’Renn barely heard Keir yelling to Daniel, or at least she believed s/he was yelling to him because she caught the last part:

“…move it Red.”

Paying more attention to what was going on down there she heard between the wind's blowing bursts Keir yelling at her too:

“You realize that being way up there isn't helping eh?"

Whaaaat? Someone needs to watch at the lizard’s maneuver and adjust steering!

Keir was right of complaining and Korza was hunting the poor sheep. She yelled at her turn to Korza so he helps Keir with the cannons.

Ohee! Kooorzaaa! Finish with that damn ruminant and help Keir!

== Tag! Daniel, once at the wheel take the initiative to steer the airship and help Keir to aim the cannons ==

#77 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.27 @ 15:49 (03:49 PM)

== Daniel has been hogtied to a deck chair by Ves. So unless someone unties him, he’s going no where.==

#78 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.27 @ 16:30 (04:30 PM)

== Sorry I have missed that. ==

While yelling at Korza S’Renn looked if Daniel had complied with Keir’s call and noticed he was hog-tied. Saying nothing she slipped down to the gondola and with her katana she cut the knots which were holding Daniel.

Up to the mast!” she yelled at him “You watch where the dragon is going and you give to me steering instructions so the cannons have a target,” she said to Daniel and jumped at the wheel in order to gain some control over the airship.

== Tag Daniel, now you are free. ==

Edited by LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki, Star Date 21902.27 @ 16:31 (04:31 PM).

#79 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.28 @ 22:33 (10:33 PM)

Korza threw his hands up after finishing the tie on Daniel. Beaming from ear to ear with a smile, Korza chuckled as Daniel spoke, "You know, I imagined our first date a little differently."

"Oh just wait, this isn't going to end the way you think." Korza grinned with a devilish look in his eye. 

Korza finally heard the instruction yelled by S'Renn.

“Ohee! Kooorzaaa! Finish with that damn ruminant and help Keir!” S'Renn had a special kind of authority in her voice that captured his attention. 

Glancing between his prey and S'Renn, Korza finally slumped in defeat and looked at Daniel, "Guess you get a pass this time. Don't worry though, I'll find some other way to use you as bait though." Korza then reached down and cut the ropes with the knife that he normally carried with him everywhere he went.

After freeing Korza, he hurried towards the mast and narrowly dodged the sheep as it was scurrying around. 

Count your blessings sheep, you were on the short list to go overboard as bait.

Hustling up the mast, he took position as soon as he reached the top and began looking for the dragon.

==Tag Daniel and S'Renn; GM input - What does Korza see on his way up the mast and once he reaches the top? IF he reaches the top.==

#80 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.01 @ 00:47 (12:47 AM)

Daniel was lost staring into those piercing green eyes of the Chief Security Officer. It is like looking into heaven.

He was soon roused back to reality when he heard shouts first from the non captain Hermat and then the Chief Tactical Officer.

"Daniel you're a helmsman get off your sweet lil butt; and turn this damn ship so I can shoot the big lizard; move it Red."

Up to the mast!” You watch where the dragon is going and you give to me steering instructions so the cannons have a target.”

Uh yeah, I can't move people. Can't you see Ves has gotten me all tied up. Not that I mind it but....

"Oh just wait, this isn't going to end the way you think." Korza grinned and said to him.

Hmm, that's what they always say.

But then after the shouting from the others Ves seemed disappointed as he said looking down at Daniel "Guess you get a pass this time. Don't worry though, I'll find some other way to use you as bait though."

"Wow, I never knew you were such a charmer, Lieutenant," Daniel said with a wide smile.

Ves then pulled out a knife about the same time that S'Renn slipped down to the gondola and with her katana towards him. Oh this isn't going to be pretty.

Daniel then closed his eyes and waited to be cut. But when opened them again, the ropes hand been cut either by Ves or S'Renn or both. It didn't really matter as he was free.

Ves then disappeared up the mast and S'Renn swung around out of sight. Daniel got up and brushed himself off.

"You people are intolerable. This is supposed to be a party. If I wanted to fight dragons, I would've become a knight. I'm getting another drink," Daniel yelled out-loud to no one in particular as he stormed off toward the food and beverage carts.

== Tags ==

Edited by Ens Daniel Hawk, Star Date 21903.01 @ 00:47 (12:47 AM).

#81 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.01 @ 02:56 (02:56 AM)

The dragon swooped upwards again. It paused as it saw Korza on the mast, hovering in the air for a few seconds, seeing a tasty snack within easy reach.

== Last chance to get the dragon ==

#82 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.01 @ 17:20 (05:20 PM)

Finally the dragon had paused just where s/he needed him to do.

"Hey Lizard breath ! Down here; Daniel would never forgive me if you ate Korza." Keir yelled.

One by one Keir will; aim and fire the cannons having had time by now to load them all.

# 1 had shot; 2 and 3 chain shot the remainder shot."

Keir licks hir lips in anticipation of good eatin dragon.

==That's my best Cap'n==

#83 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.02 @ 17:35 (05:35 PM)

Still a bit sore around his shoulders where he had been hogtied, Daniel reached the beverage cart. While the others were playing kill the dragon, he searched for a stiff drink. There was a plethora of choices. Well the Captain certainly spared no expense. Thank God for that.

After scanning the stock, he couldn't decide on the Scotch whisky or the Romulan Ale. I'll have both.

He grabbed both bottles, Daniel was done with the civility of using glasses and opened the bottles now having a bottle in each hand he took a swig of each, the whisky being first. 

The whisky burned but the ale soothed his throat. It was a potent yet effective combination. After a few more swigs, the young, handsome redhead began to feel tingly all over. He looked up towards the sky and saw then dragon flying and then hover. He raised the bottles and yelled "tyrannus mortem!" at the beast, whom he blamed for ruining the party.

Edited by Ens Daniel Hawk, Star Date 21903.02 @ 17:46 (05:46 PM).

#84 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 970 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.03 @ 03:08 (03:08 AM)

Keir's shots hit the dragon just as it was about to lurch forward and pluck Korza off the mast. The dragon let out a scream of agony and then suddenly fell downward in a death spiral, heading towards a large city that the airship was now over. A very satisfying splat could be heard all the way up in the airship when it hit the ground, as well as the sound of a few buildings crashing down.

Adaran had just managed to get hir lounge chair back in position and had laid down as the hunt ended. S/he then heard a beep from the handheld device s/he had in hir pocket. S/he pulled it out and read the message, putting the device back in hir pocket with a sigh.

"All right, shore leave is over," s/he said. "You have 6 hours to get your things and report back to the Apparition. We're heading out."

== Okay, that's it, everyone. Time to get going on our next mission. You can finish off here, and I'll see you on the ship in a few days. ==

#85 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 753 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.03 @ 11:18 (11:18 AM)

S’Renn held the wheel as much stable as she could until Keir fired the cannons. Keir’s shot was accurate and hit the dragon which lost altitude until it hit the ground below, not without demolishing some buildings though.

“That was very short,” S’Renn commented. “It should be a fake dragon, a bad imitation of the brand huh… Thankfully we don’t have to pay indemnities for the destroyed buildings down there…”

"All right, shore leave is over," Adaran said. "You have 6 hours to get your things and report back to the Apparition. We're heading out."

“Well, under other circumstances I would be disappointed by not eating the meat of the dragon we’ve hunted but photonic food might create aerophagy and result to extensive burping. What a vulgarity!

== Tag ==

#86 Ens Daniel Hawk

Ens Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.03 @ 20:20 (08:20 PM)

After he yelled out, Daniel watched as a shot hit the dragon. The wounded beast screamed out before falling into a death spiral. Well, that was rather anti-climatic. He then took a couple of more drinks from the bottles in his hands and then called out.

"Good shot!"

Just then the Captain called out to everyone. "All right, shore leave is over. You have 6 hours to get your things and report back to the Apparition. We're heading out."

Ah, so soon. Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. Humm. Six hours. I wonder how much more fun I can have before heading back to the ship. Well, only one way to find out.

Daniel raised the nearly half empty bottles in his hands in a toast to the Captain and said in a slurred tongue, "Thank you for the festivities Captain, especially the drinks."

After taking another couple of drinks, he then bowed to Captain Adaran and then he turned to the others that were gathering around. "And I will see you good shipmates back aboard the ship. I will endeavor to be sober."

He then nodded and smiled to them all as he stumbled a bit exiting the holodeck still holding the bottles.

#87 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.04 @ 00:07 (12:07 AM)

"Wow, I never knew you were such a charmer, Lieutenant," Daniel said with a wide smile.

Korza entertained the idea of leaving Daniel tied up but cut the ropes quickly. "I'm about as charming as a cactus," Korza said with a grin as he ran towards the mast.

On his way up the mast, Korza thought about how his position would possibly draw the dragon out since he would be a relatively easy bit of prey. He also thought about how he could easily be devoured or burned by the creature. He soon had his answer as to what the dragon intended on doing to him as it rose above the deck of the ship.

Korza watched as the dragon locked onto him with its eyes. As if he was daring the dragon to try and grab him, Korza taunted the dragon, "Come here foul beast! I've been needing a new mantle decoration."

I wonder if I could put a dragons head above my bed on the ship since things are holographically generated. Korza pondered this to himself as the dragon was struck by a well aimed shot from Keir.

The scream from the dragon was piercing and Korza almost felt pain for the imaginary creature. He'd always had a soft spot for creatures and did not enjoy the idea of taking the life of an innocent being. 

The Captain's voice quickly cut off the celebration of the dragon's defeat. " Alright, shore leave is over. You ahve 6 hours to get your things and report back to the Apparition. We're heading out."

Korza slid down the mast and met up with S'Renn before departing the holodeck. 

"Too bad I didn't get to use the lamb as bait, I was going to see if I could ride the dragon."

==Tag S'Renn==

#88 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 760 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.08 @ 09:54 (09:54 AM)

Chaos ensued, which was not at all surprising, but Xan found himself standing back and watching rather than jumping into the fray.

He wasn't entirely sorry either when they got their recall, he was looking forward to being back on a ship.

== End timeline for Macleod

Apologies for my absence, RL can't always be avoided ==