Apparition Party, Stardate 21901

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 937 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 02:03 (02:03 AM)

== Pioneer Outpost Holodeck 13 ==

Adaran walked into Holodeck 13 in a fairly good mood, glad to finally get the after-mission party started. S/he'd had to delay it both due to the holiday season and the need to work over most of it. Even though s/he was light years from Area 42, they'd still kept hir busy with reports and conferences, mostly related to the new information that hir crew had uncovered on Thoth. Finally, though, hir schedule had lightened, and it was time to relax a little bit.

Wearing a black shirt and black pants, as s/he usually did when off-duty, s/he walked up to the holodeck panel and inserted the programmed chip s/he purchased for the party. The panel blinked, asked for hir personal authorization code, and then presented a message that it was loading the program. Adaran stood there and waited, glancing about to watch as the room came alive... and s/he stood there waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

Frowning, s/he looked back at the panel. The message "Loading" was blinking on and off. Tapping at the console, s/he tried to start the program again, and when nothing happened, s/he removed the chip to clear it. The console didn't clear however. It kept telling hir that it was loading.

S/he inserted the chip again. Still "Loading."

"What the..." s/he said, tapping a few more buttons. S/he knew the program was good. S/he tested it before s/he bought it, and s/he'd run it yesterday when s/he was finalizing plans.

S/he tapped at the console again. Still nothing happened. S/he then beat hir fist against the wall a few times. S/he'd had a sticky closet door in hir quarters once, and that always worked to make it open. It did nothing for the holodeck though, and s/he frowned.

At that point, the holdock door opened, and a man and a woman pushing two covered carts entered. It was the food s/he'd ordered from the Starfarer's Way, a collection of various standard menu items that the restaurant offered as part of their catering service.

"I got an order for a Captain Adaran," said the man, looking at a padd he carried. "Is that you, ma'am?"

S/he frowned. "Yes, that's me," s/he replied. "And I'm not a ma'am."

"Oh, sorry, sir," said the man. "Where do you want them?"

Adaran sighed and waved hir hand at the center of the room. "In the middle," s/he said, turning hir attention back to the console. S/he hit it again with hir fist.

"Is that not working?" asked the man.

"No," said Adaran. "It just keeps blinking at me."

"Maybe you shouldn't have hit it," the man told hir.

S/he glanced at him with a raised eyebrow and resisted the urge to extend hir claws. "It wasn't working before I hit it," s/he explained.

"Oh, well," said the man. "Better call engineering." He held up his padd. "Would you sign for this?"

S/he pressed hir thumb against the padd, and the man nodded with a smile. "Thanks, sir. Have a nice day!"

S/he flexed hir claws as he left, and then with another sigh s/he hit the console once more before tapping at the comm panel in the room to call the service number.

== Tag everyone ==

#2 Mid Daniel Hawk

Mid Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 05:37 (05:37 AM)

== Pioneer Outpost Holodeck 13 ==

The doors swished open and Daniel wearing a tight fitting green shirt and black leather pants entered the holodeck. He was beaming, fresh from his latest conquest of some Tactical Officer from the Copernicus, Simon something. He didn't bother to remember the Ensign's last name and he was surprised that he even remembered his first name. Since their arrival at Pioneer Station Daniel had been busy entertaining himself and now he looked forward to having a little party time with his shipmates.

Upon entering he noticed that the holodeck was not activated and two covered carts in the middle of the room. The only person there was the Captain.

Am I that early? I really need to keep better track of time. I thought I was going to be fashionably late. Maybe I am too late and it is over.

He gave the Captain a big smile when s/he noticed his arrival. Walking over to hir, Daniel bowed in a playful manner.

"Hello Captain. It looks like I'm either really early or really late."

== Tag ==

#3 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.03 @ 21:28 (09:28 PM)

Keir had been quite surprised to hear from Adaran again but secretly pleased

S/he didn't get many opportunities to socialize with a Hermat and even one as experienced and famous was a pleasure, which s/he was determined to not pass up.

A party, hmmn what should I wear?

S/he had received hir gear from the Benton, which meant s/he wasn't going back there. I hope Rosie is alright she was upset when I left; not that I had much of a choice...I think she understood.

Keir hoped s/he did, and after going through hir clothing settled on a flared skirt that was above hir knees and a tight top, which was off the shoulders; and with minimal makeup and wearing her hair back and loose she headed out to the Holodeck.

When s/he entered s/he saw the young man. Hawk I think his name was. And beside him was the Captain apparently frustrated with the holodeck controls.

"Greetings Captain and Mr. Hawk; thank you for the invite. With the Christmas party over there wasn't much to do"

Leaning she observed the display reading as 'Loading' even though Adaran was holding the input disc. "Looks like whoever was in here before left a program in the system. I think it will need to be cleared before you can load yours Captain."

Noting the marks near the display, s/he grinned. Hir people often had little patience for things that didn't work, but there was no way ever that the Captain would hear that from hir.

"My specialties were holography and computers Captain perhaps I can get it working with your permission?"

==Tag Adaran and Hawk==

#4 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.04 @ 00:23 (12:23 AM)

Korza received word that the party was located at Holodeck 13 on the outpost and Korza had made his way there after getting ready. Korza was dressed in a long sleeve black button up shirt with the top button undone. His pants were dark blue jeans and he had black onyx dress shoes on to complete the ensemble.

As he approached the door he found that it was in the process of shutting. His approach caught the door moments before it completely closed and it hissed open once again.

Upon entering the holodeck he found that the room was still unconfigured and Keir was saying something to the Captain about another program already in the system. Next to the Captain and Keir was Hawk who was wearing his signature clothing which drew attention to him.

“Greetings everyone, didn’t think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?”

Korza looked around the group and waited for a response.

==Tag everyone==

#5 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 937 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 03:19 (03:19 AM)

Adaran pushed the button to call for service and then glanced over as s/he heard Hawk's voice.

"Hello Captain. It looks like I'm either really early or really late," he said.

"Or both," s/he replied, half-distracted by hir annoyance with the holodeck. S/he turned back to the panel and slammed hir fist into again.

Keir walked through the door a few seconds later. "Greetings Captain and Mr. Hawk; thank you for the invite," said the other Hermat. "With the Christmas party over there wasn't much to do."

"I figured you'd still be waiting for orders," Adaran told hir. "Might as well come join the fun... if we ever get to have any," s/he added, glancing back at the panel again.

"My specialties were holography and computers Captain perhaps I can get it working with your permission?" offered Keir.

"I don't know," s/he replied. "I called for service. Feel free to try if you want. Hopefully someone from the base will show up soon." S/he didn't care how it was fixed. Just as long as it was fixed.

Korza was next to arrive. "Greetings everyone," he said, "didn't think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?"

Adaran shrugged. "Did you bring a phaser?" s/he asked. "You might try shooting that thing," s/he said, pointing at the malfunctioning holodeck control panel.

#6 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 15:15 (03:15 PM)

Hir question as to whether s/he wanted help was quickly answered.

"I don't know," Adaran replied. "I called for service. Feel free to try if you want. Hopefully someone from the base will show up soon."

Just then Korza came in. "Need any help?" He asked after greeting.

"I don't know; you wouldn't happen to be carrying a knife would ya?"

With or without Keir went to work; the panel's facing was easily removed if one knew how. Star Fleet usually assumed that their people were responsible, so it didn't need to be locked.

"Hmmn seems to be caught in a feedback loop of some kind, lemme see if this works." S/he reached inside and tapped the reset button, Keir quickly responded to the beep with a call to clear current programs, which seemed to do the trick."

"Well that may work but without a tricorder or my tools that is the most I can do; you can give it another try Captain; and I sure hope whoever hit it beforehand didn't frag any circuits."

S/he added with a wink for Korza; knowing full well that Adaran was the likely suspect.

==Tag Adaran and crewmates

#7 Lt Kelshin Alotharis

Lt Kelshin Alotharis

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Gettysburg, CA-1863
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21901.06 @ 17:33 (05:33 PM)

Kelshin had received the notice from Area 42 that this was his last mission with the Apparition, and that his new assignment was pending, but that didn't stop the Mirak from attending the party that Adaran was having. It might be his last party with them, but he was going to enjoy it if he could.

"Did you bring a phaser? You might try shooting the thing."

Kelshin walked into the holodeck, wearing his usual off-duty uniform. Seeing Keir working on the holodeck, Kelshin shook his head and said,

"Keir. You should know Adaran has the worst luck with holodecks. The last holodeck party we had ended with a zombie invasion. That being said however, I still have my elephant gun we could use on it."

Looking at Adaran, Kelshin added,

"Far we have come from the days of people breaking black protocols, attempting to destroy mission objectives, and experimenting with tentacled organisms. And yet it seems our most dangerous missions are our parties."

==tag==

#8 Mid Daniel Hawk

Mid Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.08 @ 06:39 (06:39 AM)

Daniel laughed at the Captain's reply about him being perhaps both too early and too late. There was some logic to what she offered. Soon tt was obvious that s/he was annoyed not at him but the malfunctioning holodeck. Before he had time to respond the doors opened and the Star Fleet Officer orphan they had picked up on their last mission walked through the door. Like the Captain s/he was a Hermat.

Me and two Hermats walk into a holodeck...there is a joke there right?

He smiled at hir when she greeted him and the Captain. "Hello, glad you could make it," Daniel offered.

The Captain then explained to them the situation, The holodeck was malfunctioning threatening you rain on their party. S/he had called for a technician to come fix it but didn't know how long it take for one to come do it. Keir then offered assistance since s/he had experience and training with holodeck technology.

Just then the doors again swished open and the Chief Security Officer entered. He made his way over to them. “Greetings everyone, didn’t think I was running that early but apparently I was. Need any help?”

Daniel just smiled. Hmm, I might need some help.

Again the doors opened and the Mirak Chief Medical Officer was next to arrive. Upon seeing Keir working on the holodeck, he then explained that the Captain had the worst luck with holodecks.

After a few minutes of what seemed like to Daniel that no progress was being made on the uncooperative holodeck, he made a suggestion.

"Maybe we should get Ike to fix it."

== Tags ==

#9 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.08 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM)

Korza waited for a response which didn't take long. 

The Captain responded with a half sarcastic answer, "Did you bring a phaser?" s/he asked. "You might try shooting that thing,"

Korza patted his sides to give the appearance of searching for a phaser and then responded. "Nope, no phasers today. I guess I left them in my other pants."

Looking towards Keir as s/he spoke to him, "I don't know; you wouldn't happen to be carrying a knife would ya?"

Korza reached into his pocket where he kept his knife and pulled it out with a quick click of the assisted opening. "I've always got one on me. Never know when you might need it."

Before he could give Keir the knife, it appeared that s/he got the holodeck problem fixed. It wasn't long after that s/he winked at Korza while speaking with the Captain about hitting the panel. 

Hearing Kelshin's comments about the zombies, Korza couldn't help but think, Maybe I should have brought the phaser after all.

"Is it too later for me to get a different weapon of sorts? Maybe a phaser rifle, sword, or explosives of some kind?" Korza gestured towards the door of the holodeck as he spoke and tried to keep a serious look on his face as if he was mostly serious. 

Looking towards Daniel, Korza spoke directly to him, "Daniel, do you have any clothing that isn't fitted precisely to your body? Secondly, how many people does it take to help you into those pants?"

==tag Keir and Daniel==

Edited by Lt(JG) Korza Ves, Star Date 21901.08 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM).

#10 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 748 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 01:09 (01:09 AM)

Commander Xan Macleod wasn't sure what to expect at the party.

He knew the crew of the Apparition was smaller than even the Columbia, and that only a few of the senior crew had transferred over, or still remained assigned to the small ship. The dynamic would have changed, and he too was different now.

His thoughts led him to the gold band on his left ring finger that still fell strange, though it made him smile.

He entered the holodeck and grinned at the disorganisation. Maybe not much has changed after all.

He walked over to Adaran, prepared to treat anyone who greeted him on the way like an old friend, even if he'd never met them before.

"Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back."

== tag all ==

#11 Mid Daniel Hawk

Mid Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 03:16 (03:16 AM)

"Daniel, do you have any clothing that isn't fitted precisely to your body? Secondly, how many people does it take to help you into those pants?" Asked the Chief Security Officer.

A devilish grin spread across the young redheads face. "Why Lieutenant Ves, I had no idea you were so concerned about my pants. But if you are interested in helping me get into them, that can be arranged."

He waited for the shock value he hoped would come before continuing, "As for my tight fitted clothing, lose items can get caught on things. I don't like getting caught," he explained.

Just then, a handsome stranger Daniel didn't recognize entered the holodeck and made his way over to the Captain. "Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back."

Reporting as ordered? What the Hell, man? This is a party not an inspection.

As Daniel was visually inspecting the mystery man, he noticed the wedding ring on his left hand and quickly lost interest in the newcomer. Must be someone from their last ship come to join party.

He then turned his attention back to the Chief of Security and smiled.

== Tags ==

#12 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.09 @ 23:53 (11:53 PM)

Sigh, Daniel was flirting with the security officer, can't see that going anywhere.

S/he grinned listening to the banter when Kelshin arrived; s/he turned and greeted the Mirak doctor pleased to see him again, "|Hello Kelshin, it's good to see you again.

Zombie invasion, breaking black protocols..."Tentacled organisms...?"

Her thought blurted out and as s/he struggled to recover a stranger entered. "Still waiting on the Holodeck interface Captain, but I am hopeful."

Reaching out a hand to the new man. "Hello I am Lieutenant Keir 77; it is nice to meet you...?"

==Tags==

#13 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 937 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.10 @ 03:49 (03:49 AM)

As Keir tried to work on the holodeck panel, Adaran turned towards the doctor as he arrived, smirking at his comment.

"Far we have come from the days of people breaking black protocols, attempting to destroy mission objectives, and experimenting with tentacled organisms. And yet it seems our most dangerous missions are our parties," he said.

"Work hard, play harder. That's my motto," s/he replied.

S/he was about to respond to Korza's suggestion for weapons when Xan walked into the holodeck.

"Reporting as ordered captain...it's good to be back." he said.

Adaran smiled in amusement and raised an eyebrow. "Ah, you say that now," s/he told him. "Give it a week, and you'll be cursing yourself for not thinking of a way to get transferred."

Keir then indicated that the holodeck might be fixed, so s/he decided to try it once again. Inserting the data chip, s/he heard a beep, and the scene began to change. Suddenly, those in the holodeck found themselves on the terrace of a large high-ceilinged room. The room was decorated in a grand manner, resembling a ballroom or a large stateroom of late 19th Century Earth. The terrace on which the Apparition crew stood was large enough to easily hold all of them, with short walls protecting two of its sides. The carts of food now stood against one of them. A long table and chairs were in the middle of the terrace.

The front of the terrace had no wall. At its edge, the floor dropped off at a 90 degree angle, allowing the crew to see what was in front of them. The scene that greeted them was as unusual as it was amazing. Two tall water pumps fueled three large boilers, their flamestacks reaching well up above the height of the terrace. Giant flames spewed from them, feeding steam and hot air into the nozzles of what appeared to be a huge, sectioned gasbag. A giant rudder and other similar protruding sections could seen coming from a metal superstructure that partially surrounded it.

The gasbag dwarfed the lower structure on which the crew stood. A quick glance over the deck, and over the sides of the terrace, showed it to be shiplike in shape, and floating high in the sky over a sprawling countryside below. Cables ran from various parts of the ship up to the gasbag, attaching the two parts of the giant airship, which sailed through the sky at a slow pace. The breeze was cool, tempered by the heat of the boilers as it hit the terrace, making for a pleasant temperature.

== Here's a visual reference. Ignore the structures on the top of the gasbag in the image, and what appears to be a deck inside the gasbag itself. That isn't on our holodeck ship and doesn't really make sense in a practical way. The party is taking place at the back of the ship section, on the terrace of the top building.

==

#14 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.12 @ 01:11 (01:11 AM)

Daniel's response was a bit shocking but Korza didn't let it show. 

"It's good to know that you don't like getting caught. I typically won't let someone from the crew get caught alive anyways." Korza winked at Daniel and turned his attention to Xan who entered the room shortly afterwards. It'd been a while since he last saw him and they didn't interact much as he left shortly after Korza joined the Columbia. 

"Wow, you come back after all this excitement. I see that you had your own adventures." Korza nodded towards the ring. 

Keir seemed to notice Xan as well and there was no doubt in Korza's mind that his formal tone would draw some interesting questions from some of the people new to the ship who didn't already know him. 

Maybe he did it to see what their thoughts would be. If you're listening to my thoughts, get out of my head.

Korza smiled at the thought and watched for any reaction by Macleod. 

Around the time that Korza watched for a reaction in Macleod, Korza noticed that the holodeck changed into the scene finally. Korza recognized that he was on some sort of ancient dirigible. The flames and boilers concerned Korza because all it would take is a malfunction in the safety protocols for the crew to find themselves in another intense party. 

Looking towards the Captain, Korza commented on the choice of location, "Captain, do you try to find dangerous situations for our parties or is it a happy accident?" A sly grin slid across Korza's face as he waited for a response. 

==Tag Daniel and Macleod==

#15 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 732 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.13 @ 20:13 (08:13 PM)

S’Renn was the last one who had attended the party on Deck 13. She was wearing a very sexy cobalt blue sheer and open back evening dress which was revealing her long muscular legs. She was coming directly from the Promenade and she obviously wasn’t in the best mood.

Once in the party area she located first the Captain and headed to great hir:

“Greetings Captain. Sorry of being late but I have met an old friend I didn’t see him since many years…” she said with a forced smile. “I hope I didn’t miss things…”

S”Renn had still in .mind the scene where Androcles and the young female doctor were obviously dating and cursed herself of having interfered at first place.

Damn it I should have been more considerate!!!!

She turned to Macleod:

“Nice to see you, Commander… We missed you!”

Then she took Korza from his arm:

“Hi! I am afraid I did a terrible gaffe,” she said in a confessional tone. “I met an old friend in the Promenade and he was with a beautiful girl. So I went to their table to talk and I am afraid the girl thought I was his ex. So whatever I said next I am afraid didn’t help to correct the situation,” she explained.

== I am back and I will try to catch up. I was heavily involved with business issues these last weeks. ==

#16 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.13 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM)

The Captain stepped up and slotted the disc in...

It works hallelujah it would have sucked if I had made things worse.

Looking around as the scene unfolded s/he was amazed to behold, and based on what Kelshin had said the Hermat Engineer turned back to the holodeck access and quickly checked to see the status of the holodeck safeties.

As s/he looked at them all gathering and greeting each other Keir felt like a third wheel and chose to head to the side of the platform and look out over the countryside below. Looking up and around s/he attempted to get an idea of what sort of place they were in.

The food smelled good though and even if s/he didn't really belong here it still was better than walking around the station or getting drunk in a bar somewhere.

I wonder where I'm headed this time; s/he stood there obviously lost in thought.

==What are the deck safeties chosen for this program?==

Edited by Lt Keir 77, Star Date 21901.13 @ 21:20 (09:20 PM).

#17 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.14 @ 01:49 (01:49 AM)

Korza was awestruck when S'Renn walked in wearing a beautiful blue dress. The look on her face gave away that she was not in the best of moods. She made her way over to Korza and took his arm, the reason for her upset look was soon revealed.

"Hi! I am afraid I did a terrible gaffe,” she said in a confessional tone. “I met an old friend in the Promenade and he was with a beautiful girl. So I went to their table to talk and I am afraid the girl thought I was his ex. So whatever I said next I am afraid didn’t help to correct the situation,” she explained.

Korza was uncertain as to who she was talking about as she hadn't mentioned any of her previous love interests. 

"Well, I'm sure that she was only jealous of how you look wearing that dress. You look absolutely stunning." Korza gave S'Renn a reassuring smile to try and brighten her mood.

Leading her towards the railing, Korza pulled her close to reassure her that he wasn't distancing himself from her despite whatever happened on the Promenade. 

The wind was flowing through Korza's hair and even though he knew that it wasn't real he enjoyed the feeling of being on a planet without the hum of a ship in the background. He closed his eyes and took in sensations flooding in around him, from the touch of S'Renn's arm to the wind in his hair, he was enjoying every bit of it. 

==Tag S'Renn==

#18 Cdr Xan Macleod

Cdr Xan Macleod

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 748 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.14 @ 13:48 (01:48 PM)

"Ah, you say that now," Adaran said. "Give it a week, and you'll be cursing yourself for not thinking of a way to get transferred."

He grinned, “No one else would have me.”

The Engineer that had been working on the holodeck then addressed him, "Hello I am Lieutenant Keir 77; it is nice to meet you...?"

“Xan Macleod,” he shook the offered hand without providing further information. His eyes and hair were almost as dark as the black jeans and t-shirt he wore, but the smile he gave hir was warm and belayed what might otherwise have made him sinister.

Their surroundings suddenly morphed into a very different scene and Xan gave a low whistle, “Impressive!”

“I see that you had your own adventures." Korza nodded towards Xan's wedding ring.

The Betazoid laughed, “It was a bit of a production.”

S'Renn then arrived in a number guaranteed to draw attention but since she didn't seem very happy, Macleod left Ves to cheer her up, only returning her greeting in the same friendly manner he'd used with everyone else.

Moving so that he could see more of the view, Xan commented to whoever was in earshot, “It would be something to crew this for a while huh?”

== tag all ==

#19 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 937 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 03:34 (03:34 AM)

== Safeties? We don't need no stinkin' safeties! ==

With everything set up now, Adaran moved towards one of the food tables and poured hirself a drink.

Korza commented on the holodeck scenario. "Captain, do you try to find dangerous situations for our parties or is it a happy accident?"

"Well, our missions are always so boring," s/he replied. "I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

"It would be something to crew this for a while huh?" s/he heard Xan say.

"I doubt it would do well against a Romulan warbird," s/he commented, somewhat seriously, or perhaps not, before turning around to look at the assembled crew. Most everyone was here that was going to come, except for Vos. "But I figured that a bunch of pirates like these would feel at home here," s/he added.

"Does anyone want a promotion or a medal?" s/he asked everybody. "I'm feeling generous right now."

== Tag everyone. We'll get started on the ceremonies later this week. ==

#20 Mid Daniel Hawk

Mid Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 03:39 (03:39 AM)

Daniel smiled and winked at the Chief Security Officer's reply to him. "Well, I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint you."

Just then the efforts to fix the holodeck program was successful as the room transformed into something spectacular. Wow, leave it to the Captain to come up with something this fabulous.

They were now on a holographic airship. It was truly fascinating and Daniel loved the view and detail. As he walked around taking in all the details and sights, he figured out that the handsome newcomer with the wedding ring was the First Officer, who had been away but now had obviously returned.

Soon they were joined by his boss the Chief Tactical Officer. The Commander was wearing a sexy cobalt blue sheer and open back evening dress. He certainly couldn't deny that she looked great. He made his way over to her.

"Nice dress boss, you certainly look clean up well," he offered with a wink.

== Tags ==

#21 LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

LCdr S'Renn Kapetanaki

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 732 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.16 @ 21:23 (09:23 PM)

"Well, I'm sure that she was only jealous of how you look wearing that dress. You look absolutely stunning." Korza gave S'Renn a reassuring smile to try and brighten her mood.

“You are saying so nice things to make me happy! Thanks!” S’Renn said as her cheeks got a slight pink color.

Daniel approached with a compliment to say:

"Nice dress boss, you certainly look clean up well," he offered with a wink.

“You know, two things make girls happy. One to notice any change in their hairs and to say nice things about their dress… Ahhh! What can I say more? So much effort to please you, boys!!!”

She looked at her surrounding as she hadn’t yet realized the splendor of the new scenery.

In the meantime Adaran replied to Korza:

"Well, our missions are always so boring. I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

“Captain, you got inspired by Stardust I suppose. I wouldn’t be wrong if I say I suspect today’s surprise would be an attack from pirate airships, right?” S’Renn asked.

She couldn’t know for sure though if today’s surprise would be designed or accidental like it happened before during another party with some sea monsters.

"Does anyone want a promotion or a medal?" Adaran asked everybody. "I'm feeling generous right now."

S’Renn knew she wouldn’t get any other promotion unless she becomes FO. Perhaps a medal, though it might be asking too much. Yet surprise gifts were always possible anyway:

“Surprise gifts Captain? For luck and good fortune for the New Year! I am all ears to learn from you Captain on how to charm a crew.”

== Tag ==

#22 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.17 @ 23:08 (11:08 PM)

The returning First officer acknowledged hir and offered a handshake. He seems nice. 

S/he walked up to the table and helped hirself to a drink, and then backed away to do some people watching.

They were about to do ship's business and Keir clearly was not a part of that. Can't imagine they mind me watching, so...

Xan commented, “It would be something to crew this for a while huh?”

S/he gathered hirself and managed to answer, clearly not expecting him to speak with hir. 

"Yes Sir I think it would be enjoyable so long as the ship didn't have much turbulence. Those fire stacks could do some damage should they get out of alignment.

I assume you were away for a while Sir? I only ask out of curiousity , as I was picked up by the ship, and not actually a crew member."

==Tag Xan==

#23 Lt Korza Ves

Lt Korza Ves

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.18 @ 01:32 (01:32 AM)

“You are saying so nice things to make me happy! Thanks!” S’Renn said as her cheeks got a slight pink color.

Korza smiled again because of her reaction to his comment. He enjoyed making her smile and seeing her happy. Looking around the ship, Korza heard the Captain respond about his earlier comment. 

"That's what I wanted to see. Your smile always brightens up the room, even if we're outside." Korza said in a sweet tone. 

"Well, our missions are always so boring," s/he replied. "I like to liven things up a bit." Taking hir now full glass, s/he moved to the side of the terrace and looked over the wall, watching the land below as the airship sailed forward.

Korza smirked and responded to the Captain's comment about the missions being boring, "If your definition of our missions is boring then I would love to see what you think as exciting."

Shortly afterwards the Captain asked if anyone wanted medals or promotions, Korza was big on neither but was happy to see what the crew managed to earn. Stepping towards the Captain to secure a better position for the ceremony, Korza ensured that he held onto S'Renn so that she didn't get lost or fall off the ship.

Everyone else seemed to be waiting for the announcements and Korza wasn't sure what to expect as the Captain was typically unpredictable. 

==Tag S'Renn and Captain==

#24 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 937 posts

Posted Star Date 21901.20 @ 03:00 (03:00 AM)

== All right, moving things along. ==

Adaran heard S'Renn talking. 

"You know, two things make girls happy," said the Chief Tactical Officer. "One to notice any change in their hairs and to say nice things about their dress."

Adaran took another drink from hir glass and smiled cryptically. "I know a few other things, but that's for another occasion..." s/he added.

"Captain, you got inspired by Stardust I suppose," S'Renn also said. "I wouldn't be wrong if I say I suspect today's surprise would be an attack from pirate airships, right?” S’Renn asked.

"I was inspired by a Ferengi I met in one of the bars down on the lower decks," s/he replied. "He was selling a bunch of different holodeck programs, cheap. It was either this one or an ocean voyage on a ship called the Titanic. I didn't know if anyone got seasick though."

As the group began to settle down, s/he decided to begin.

"Well, if everyone is ready, let's get started," s/he said. "In no particular order, let's see what Star Fleet wants to give Mister Hawk." S/he reached into a pocket and pulled out a couple of small boxes. "How about a promotion to Ensign and a Commendation Medal? Would that do? Maybe a larger size pair of pants too, but for now we'll just settle on new pips and a shiny medal." S/he handed them to Hawk. "Good job on your fist mission with us. You didn't die, and you didn't run away from us screaming at the first chance you got. Congratulations!"

S/he reached into hir pocket again. "And you all do realize I'm just randomly pulling things out of my pocket and handing them out to whomever happens to be here," s/he said, sounding completely serious, though s/he actually wasn't. It was always good to keep the crew on their toes though.

"How about Korza next," s/he said. "It looks like we have another Commendation Medal to hand out. Congratulations. You kept a clear head on Thoth and didn't get into any avoidable fights. I think that's a first for this crew."

S/he handed Korza the medal and then reached into hir pocket again. "Oh, and let's do S'Renn next," s/he said, looking at what s/he had in hir hand. "A nice shiny Gold Star for you to add to your collection of medals. You did great as acting FO and went beyond the call of duty while on Thoth. Another excellent job. You keep this up and they'll give you my job."

S/he handed the medal to S'Renn. "Congratulations."

== To be continued ==