#1 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 10:21 (10:21 AM)

So, I got inspired by the "Walk out song" and "Just who is your character??" topics, as well as some music being shared with me by a writing partner for a subplot...

It got me thinking; what do people's characters sound like? Not their voices, but the music 'of them'. In movies, video games, or television, characters have themes that are usually attached to them, like Princess Leia's Motif/Theme. Sometimes the music is played in the intro, or the credits... sometimes in cut-scenes, or during the action.

Anyway, I'm interested to know what your character 'sounds' like. What are their themes songs, or songs that represent them? Maybe it is a certain feel, beat, or some lyrics. Whatever it is, I'd like to know!

Here are some songs that are kinda theme or related type songs for Nathan Ramius: https://open.spotify...LoAxtx6tQPgqHvD

I tried to limit mine to 10 songs or less... because I could probably link 50 some-odd songs that related to Nathan hahaha.

Share yours! (please ;) )

Edited by Mid Nathan Ramius, Star Date 21902.16 @ 10:32 (10:32 AM).

#2 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 1816 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 11:36 (11:36 AM)

Perhaps a brief description of why the songs fit might also be appropriate?

#3 LCdr Elizabeth Rage

LCdr Elizabeth Rage

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 617 posts
  • Cheif Engineer/Second Officer
  • Pioneer Outpost
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 12:54 (12:54 PM)

The fact that you have Glitch Mob AND Johnny Cash in that list makes me happy.  B)

I will have to give this some thought, I like the idea tho. 

#4 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 1816 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 14:20 (02:20 PM)

I've limited mine to the ten or eleven that I feel apply to Jenny most often at this point in time, a lot of them are instrumental, but a few of them are not and may not be everyone's cup of tea, so for that, I apologise.

Jenny's Themes

1 - Anakin's Theme (John Williams):

The overall lightness of Anakin's Theme from Star Wars expresses Jenny's outwardly apparently innocence and shyness; she's 5'2, petite of build, and looks like she's in her late teens/early twenties. The theme also has hints of menace, providing a sense of foreboding, which reflect the darkness she conceals within.

2 - I Can Fly Anything (John Williams):

Many consider Jenny to be reckless or cocky, which this theme implies may not be the case. Though outwardly she might appear overconfident, she is in fact an immensely talented pilot. This does not mean, however, that her confidence doesn't get her in trouble from time to time.

3 - Anakin Sees His Future (Kevin Kiner and Matthew St Laurent):

This theme was more than appropriate when Jenny finally learned the truth about who and what she really was. First confusion, then fear and anger, then grief and despair as she realises the truth are all expressed in this piece.

4 - The Emperor (John Williams):

This piece reflects Jenny's dark and brooding inner monologue, and how she can be perceived as more than a little menacing to those who have earned her ire. 

5 - Darth Revan (Lucas King):

An instrumental piece that demonstrates the nobility of Jenny's moral code, but also the darkness within. Neither good nor evil, Jenny walks the line of her own moral compass, and suffers the sorrows that go with such a journey.

6 - You Will Know My Name (Arch Enemy):

A statement that there will come a time when Jenny's name is known throughout Star Fleet, and that those who gossip about her behind her back will soon regret it.

7 - No Gods, No Masters (Arch Enemy):

A further statement that Jenny is beholden to nobody. She forges her own path, and is free to choose who and what she serves.

8 - Night Crawler (Judas Priest):

How Jenny sees herself. She is the beast in black.

9 - Beast in Black (Beast in Black):

Jenny is the berserker referenced in this song; enraged by injustices and the suffering of the innocent, and dispensing justice on her own terms. A reference to her peculiar moral code that is neither wholly good nor wholly bad.

10 - Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Iron Maiden):

A song that refers to her tormented spirit, haunted by the things she has done, begging for forgiveness that she doesn't believe she deserves from gods that she doesn't really believe in.

11 - Quiet's Theme (Stefanie Joosten):

Jenny's thoughts about her feelings for Bryan Crawford. Bryan saved her life, made her feel like a person again, and she came to love him. She has so far been unable to properly express that, and knows that their time together may be cut short at any moment.

#5 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 15:43 (03:43 PM)

The fact that you have Glitch Mob AND Johnny Cash in that list makes me happy.  B)

I will have to give this some thought, I like the idea tho. 

Hahaha! Thanks ;)

Please do! I'd love to hear the Rage Overtures :D

Perhaps a brief description of why the songs fit might also be appropriate?

Heck yes! Thanks for this... I'll re-link my stuff here and try to give some insight:

Sounds o' Nathan

1 - Fortune Days (Glitch Mob)

If there were ever a Nathan Ramius: The Movie™ © this would be the end credits. Or during a planning montage. It's a sweet beat that isn't over the top, and reflects a willingness to be cool about things (though, we've yet to see this side of Mr. Ramius)

2 - Blizzard (Kavinsky)

Outrun anyone? If Star Fleet let him, he'd cruise with Avs on in a suit. Not your typical discount FBI suit, no no no... GUCCI, HUGO BOSS... think Miami Vice. Still not over the top, but a little more intense than Fortune Days.

3 - Doo x 5, Heartbreakers (The Rolling Stones)

The STONES! Nathan abhors injustices, and his big heart gets hurt seeing such things happen. Whether it is the cops bringing someone down that was innocent, or the girl with a needle in her arm - it makes him want to tear the GALAXY apart. Dramatic, but yeah, that's Nathan.

4 - Go It Alone (Beck)

Sometimes Nathan feels like he has to 'Go It Alone', because many don't share his black and white view of right and wrong. And he is more than willing to strike out on his own if he has to. As well, the beat of this song... this is something that he would chill to in his Quarters. It has that nice bass riff, is easy-going. A little bit of the lyrics apply too, where he is always keeping an eye out on the world.

5 - God's Gonna Cut You Down (Johnny Cash)

Pretty straight forward here. If you be bad, Ramius is here to get you. He may privately judge you, but he isn't passing the sentence. That's for someone else to do. Guilt or innocent, you'll get your chance to prove so, but until then, come along quietly.

6 - Grace (Apocalyptica feat. Hotei)

Great warmup song. Plus cellos. The man plays the Cello. 'Nuff said.

7 - Hold On I'm Coming (Sam & Dave)

It isn't just injustices that Nathan dislikes, but anyone imperiled or upset. He does actually have a heart. You don't have to be his friend to receive help. But, if you are a friend, and are in need... Ramius will move mountains to come help you. You just need to reach out to him, and he'll be your wingman, your shield, or your hammer... whatever you need.

8 - Piano Sonata No.14, aka Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)

It isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes it is just grey. A reflection even. Rumination and brooding.

9 - Warm Shadow [Dactyl Remix] (Fink)

Think Old West: a horse with a rider just before sundown. A trail of dust reaching out from behind the pair. Sometimes the road is long. At some point, you wanna stop riding alone, and you want to find someone to either ride with you, or settle down with. You'd prefer they come with you, but the trail is perilous, particularly at night. If you stop to make camp, laugh and reminisce, and find warmth in one another - the last thing you want is the sunrise to steal that away. But should that person even be with you? Or should they be safe while you take risks, their shadow being your only warmth. When night falls, they join you behind closed eyes, but the sunrise takes that away too. (Yes, quite literal, I know.) PLUS THE BEAT.

10 - The Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding)

Nathan chose to go to San Francisco, to join Star Fleet. He did so to escape his parents and their legacy, to create for himself. Except, he is joining a storied organization FULL of heroes. Sitting in the Auditorium, watching the comings and goings of Cadets and Instructors alike, he feels alone, probably because he is actually a social introvert at heart. And he kind of likes it that way sometimes.

#6 LCdr Shi-mi M'Rour

LCdr Shi-mi M'Rour

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.16 @ 21:22 (09:22 PM)

Well, I'll give this a go. I can't say that I have a specific playlist for M'Rour, but having a think, these tracks kind of go some way to explaing some of her character.

So in no perticular order...

I believe – Christina Perri

Her general philosophy in life

Take the Long Way Home – Faithless

Why she's the way she is.

Pirate Jenny – Nina Simone

The stages of her retribution. No one has pushed her that far. Yet.

Walk the Fire – Robert Duncan

Why she does what she does.

It can't Rain all the Time – Jane Silberry

When she needs to feel optimistic.

Raise your Glass – Pink

How she sees herself and her crew.

We shall wear Midnight – Steeleye Span

Because in the end, we're all stories.

#7 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.17 @ 12:48 (12:48 PM)

Well, I'll give this a go. I can't say that I have a specific playlist for M'Rour, but having a think, these tracks kind of go some way to explaing some of her character.

So in no perticular order...

I believe – Christina Perri

Her general philosophy in life

Take the Long Way Home – Faithless

Why she's the way she is.

Pirate Jenny – Nina Simone

The stages of her retribution. No one has pushed her that far. Yet.

Walk the Fire – Robert Duncan

Why she does what she does.

It can't Rain all the Time – Jane Silberry

When she needs to feel optimistic.

Raise your Glass – Pink

How she sees herself and her crew.

We shall wear Midnight – Steeleye Span

Because in the end, we're all stories.

I think "Take the Long Way Home" struck me the most, and definitely speaks a lot to your character. Though "I believe" is right there with the insight too. :)

I can't tell you how much I smiled while listening to "Raise your Glass", particularly with your explanation - a toast to your crew :D  

#8 Lt Daniel Hawk

Lt Daniel Hawk

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 376 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.18 @ 17:08 (05:08 PM)

These would be Daniel's songs..

https://youtu.be/gzibUJkAFdo

https://youtu.be/EasWdq7Njgo

Edited by Ens Daniel Hawk, Star Date 21902.18 @ 17:09 (05:09 PM).

#9 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.20 @ 12:44 (12:44 PM)

These would be Daniel's songs..

https://youtu.be/gzibUJkAFdo

https://youtu.be/EasWdq7Njgo

YAS! Brilliant version choices for both of those songs ;) A Hero Hawk swoops from the sky!

I've limited mine to the ten or eleven that I feel apply to Jenny most often at this point in time, a lot of them are instrumental, but a few of them are not and may not be everyone's cup of tea, so for that, I apologise.

Jenny's Themes

1 - Anakin's Theme (John Williams):

The overall lightness of Anakin's Theme from Star Wars expresses Jenny's outwardly apparently innocence and shyness; she's 5'2, petite of build, and looks like she's in her late teens/early twenties. The theme also has hints of menace, providing a sense of foreboding, which reflect the darkness she conceals within.

2 - I Can Fly Anything (John Williams):

Many consider Jenny to be reckless or cocky, which this theme implies may not be the case. Though outwardly she might appear overconfident, she is in fact an immensely talented pilot. This does not mean, however, that her confidence doesn't get her in trouble from time to time.

3 - Anakin Sees His Future (Kevin Kiner and Matthew St Laurent):

This theme was more than appropriate when Jenny finally learned the truth about who and what she really was. First confusion, then fear and anger, then grief and despair as she realises the truth are all expressed in this piece.

4 - The Emperor (John Williams):

This piece reflects Jenny's dark and brooding inner monologue, and how she can be perceived as more than a little menacing to those who have earned her ire. 

5 - Darth Revan (Lucas King):

An instrumental piece that demonstrates the nobility of Jenny's moral code, but also the darkness within. Neither good nor evil, Jenny walks the line of her own moral compass, and suffers the sorrows that go with such a journey.

6 - You Will Know My Name (Arch Enemy):

A statement that there will come a time when Jenny's name is known throughout Star Fleet, and that those who gossip about her behind her back will soon regret it.

7 - No Gods, No Masters (Arch Enemy):

A further statement that Jenny is beholden to nobody. She forges her own path, and is free to choose who and what she serves.

8 - Night Crawler (Judas Priest):

How Jenny sees herself. She is the beast in black.

9 - Beast in Black (Beast in Black):

Jenny is the berserker referenced in this song; enraged by injustices and the suffering of the innocent, and dispensing justice on her own terms. A reference to her peculiar moral code that is neither wholly good nor wholly bad.

10 - Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Iron Maiden):

A song that refers to her tormented spirit, haunted by the things she has done, begging for forgiveness that she doesn't believe she deserves from gods that she doesn't really believe in.

11 - Quiet's Theme (Stefanie Joosten):

Jenny's thoughts about her feelings for Bryan Crawford. Bryan saved her life, made her feel like a person again, and she came to love him. She has so far been unable to properly express that, and knows that their time together may be cut short at any moment.

What a rollercoaster ride of songs there... also, SW songs are just amazing. Definitely get the feeling of struggle between two worlds/personas... I wonder if this playlist will get lighter or darker as time goes on? :ph34r:

#10 Ens Leah Wickley

Ens Leah Wickley

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.20 @ 20:03 (08:03 PM)

I'll play!!!! 

Hand in my Pocket - Alanis Morissette  - This song has a lot to do with how Leah feels about herself and how she views the world.

Stand by You - Rachel Platten  - Leah's ideals when it comes to people she loves.

Ex's and Oh's - Elle King  -  Leah's philosophy on dating (and yes, it's a bit silly but I had to give her one personality trait that wasn't exactly 'sweet'. :P

Home Again - Blackmore's Night  -  Leah is known to get homesick, and always looks forward to seeing her family back at their small village in Ireland.

Counting Stars - OneRepublic  -  Leah's always been a dreamer and enjoys adventure, and she's never had any notions of being a straight-laced girl. 

#11 Lt Benjamin Elias

Lt Benjamin Elias

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 600 posts

Posted Star Date 21902.21 @ 20:59 (08:59 PM)

So, I finally took the time to sit down and do this, because it sounded like a fun little exercise, and here's what I came up with: Benjamin's Themes. They're all Irish/Folk type songs, because that's who he is (and to be fair, it's the kind of music I like, too).

Lord, Blow the Moon Out, Please by Hem - a little melody like a bedtime song. Benjamin's mother died when he was young and his siblings were younger, and that shaped him a lot in his early life. He still remembers her fondly, and this little short is a piece of that.

River Driver by Great Big Sea - speaks both to his father - a miner by trade, and a hardworking man defined by his job - and to him. He set out from his home and, like his father, defines himself by what he is: a starship engineer.

Leaving of Liverpool by Gaelic Storm - more of that "setting out from home for a job" vibe, but also ties into the next stage of his life: meeting Iris, his wife. 

An Easy One by Hem - when Benjamin fell in love, he fell hard. So here we have the love song, sappy as it is. (It's also the one I associate most with my own wife, actually, though she doesn't like it as much as I do.)

Leave Me Here by Hem - Well, that didn't go to plan. This one is actually from Iris' perspective, as she gets tired of Benjamin's long absences due to his job. Jealousy creeps in, and love fades.

Lover's Wreck by Gaelic Storm - And here we have the depths. With Iris having left him, Benjamin slips into despair, finding a new job and not asking too many questions. Also, the drinking starts.

The Pills Stopped Working by Hem - Recovery. After hitting rock bottom, he gets a hand up and realizes he needs to get things back together. He joins Starfleet as a way to do so.

Johnny Jump Up/Morrison's Jig by Gaelic Storm - This one's just for fun, and less describes Benjamin and more describes his moonshine :P

#12 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21902.25 @ 04:04 (04:04 AM)

I'll play!!!! 

Hand in my Pocket - Alanis Morissette  - This song has a lot to do with how Leah feels about herself and how she views the world.

Stand by You - Rachel Platten  - Leah's ideals when it comes to people she loves.

Ex's and Oh's - Elle King  -  Leah's philosophy on dating (and yes, it's a bit silly but I had to give her one personality trait that wasn't exactly 'sweet'. :P

Home Again - Blackmore's Night  -  Leah is known to get homesick, and always looks forward to seeing her family back at their small village in Ireland.

Counting Stars - OneRepublic  -  Leah's always been a dreamer and enjoys adventure, and she's never had any notions of being a straight-laced girl. 

These really do explain a lot of what I've come to understand of Leah so far. I have to say that I was ecstatic to see Alanis in your list... Jagged Pill was SO GOOD.

So, I finally took the time to sit down and do this, because it sounded like a fun little exercise, and here's what I came up with: Benjamin's Themes. They're all Irish/Folk type songs, because that's who he is (and to be fair, it's the kind of music I like, too).

Lord, Blow the Moon Out, Please by Hem - a little melody like a bedtime song. Benjamin's mother died when he was young and his siblings were younger, and that shaped him a lot in his early life. He still remembers her fondly, and this little short is a piece of that.

River Driver by Great Big Sea - speaks both to his father - a miner by trade, and a hardworking man defined by his job - and to him. He set out from his home and, like his father, defines himself by what he is: a starship engineer.

Leaving of Liverpool by Gaelic Storm - more of that "setting out from home for a job" vibe, but also ties into the next stage of his life: meeting Iris, his wife. 

An Easy One by Hem - when Benjamin fell in love, he fell hard. So here we have the love song, sappy as it is. (It's also the one I associate most with my own wife, actually, though she doesn't like it as much as I do.)

Leave Me Here by Hem - Well, that didn't go to plan. This one is actually from Iris' perspective, as she gets tired of Benjamin's long absences due to his job. Jealousy creeps in, and love fades.

Lover's Wreck by Gaelic Storm - And here we have the depths. With Iris having left him, Benjamin slips into despair, finding a new job and not asking too many questions. Also, the drinking starts.

The Pills Stopped Working by Hem - Recovery. After hitting rock bottom, he gets a hand up and realizes he needs to get things back together. He joins Starfleet as a way to do so.

Johnny Jump Up/Morrison's Jig by Gaelic Storm - This one's just for fun, and less describes Benjamin and more describes his moonshine :P

Alright, this totally has me wanting to go back to Ireland and find some random pub in County Kerry, and chill with a pint and some Trad. I understand more than ever Ben's relationship with his wife; explains a lot in the Wedding thread on the Getty.

#13 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21912.19 @ 21:28 (09:28 PM)

Aaron enters the thread, which prior to had been quiet for nearly a year. Cobwebs and cold spread throughout the silent posts, with only a puff of air from his entrance to disturb the detritus. Under one arm, a large tome is carried to the middle of the room, wrapped in brown paper with but a hemp string. Stains on the paper suggest something other than paper is bound within.

Gently, Aaron clears an area in the very middle of the thread, pushing posts aside to create some room before he drops the package unceremoniously, resulting in a sickly wet, *thump*. A knife appears, and cuts the twine before being placed on the ground, and kraft paper unwrapped. Revealed there was a dark grimoire, wrapped in flesh, and written in blood: the Necronomicon.

Then, from a black velvet pouch, a large, perfectly cut diamond appears – it’s value well over $500. The volume is opened; a page saved with a stretched tongue reveals the intention… as Aaron quietly, but with a steady cadence, says the words – an unholy magic swirls the air, stirring the cobwebs and strewing them about.

Did it work?

Is it? Is it?! Yes! YES! It’s alive! Hahahahaha! IT’S ALIVE!!!

Alright, so that was a little dramatic and perhaps a bit grim for why I wanted to revive this thread lol. But, you know, modern problems require Lovecraftian solutions sometimes!

Previously, I had asked people to post some of the songs that relate to their characters, with descriptions and such to give us some insight into the character. Now, and because it is the jolly time of the year, I’m asking for y’all to share some of your character’s favorite Christmas songs! Perhaps, for a few songs, you can provide some background as to why they listen to that particular song.

Also, I cast Raise Dead so that I can utilize this thread again for a Ramius Season 2 soundtrack later lol (still a work in progress).

I’ll go first!

https://open.spotify...zbxdOux09NZCmPK

Key songs for Nathan:

It’s a mix of classic songs and a bit more rock n’ roll with a hint of bluesy stuff. Some of it is meant for dancing, and some of it is intended to be enjoyed fireside, perhaps with a spirit (liquor, not a ghost :P )

Silver Bells appears twice – one with lyrics, and one that is instrumental. This was the song that Nathan and Michelle danced to at the Pioneer Christmas party. So, of course, got to have it in there.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland is just a classic. Nathan is often broody and introspective. This certainly reflects that part of him, while Garland’s voice soothes.

Winter Wonderland by Louis Armstrong is another classic. There are a lot of versions of this song. But ol’ Louis voice matches the tempo perfectly, and would be the perfect soundtrack to a slow dance amongst snow covered trees, or cuddling on a sleigh ride. How romantic ;)

Lastly… Auld Lang Syne. This one isn’t a “Christmas” song, but one for New Year’s. This song can mean different things to different people, so I'll leave you with your own interpretation of the song. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! ^_^ <3

#14 LCdr Shi-mi M'Rour

LCdr Shi-mi M'Rour

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted Star Date 21912.19 @ 22:34 (10:34 PM)

As a Caitian, I'm unfamilar with this festive celebration, other than you Humans seem to like it.

As a Human player, I suspect my choice of a certain song by a certain Aussie entertainer would be frowned upon.

So to play it safe.. https://www.youtube....h?v=VCvz7uflMIU

#15 Lt Sapphire Zenzin

Lt Sapphire Zenzin

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 510 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Charon RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21912.20 @ 10:32 (10:32 AM)

Songs for Zenzin

Song: Who am I?  This song is based on the fact she knows nothing about were she comes from, her parents never wanted her to know about Trill or gain any knowledge about the people

Song: June afternoon This song represents Sapphires life just drifting by and she has no idea what she wants.

Song: I kissed a girl Sapphire is like a female version of Kirk she sleeps around a lot and doesn't really fall in love

Song stars: How she felt when she joined starfleet.

#16 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22106.11 @ 05:58 (05:58 AM)

Here is an artist I think most people will like, I'm friends with him in Real Life.  He's talented and oh so handsome,

Benjamin Koll

https://youtu.be/i1jEZuHDxVg

Edited by Lt (JG) Karuth, Star Date 22106.11 @ 05:59 (05:59 AM).

#17 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1111 posts
  • Discord:Beno#6436
  • First Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22106.13 @ 18:01 (06:01 PM)

It didnt work delete please

Edited by Cdr Velaul, Star Date 22106.13 @ 18:03 (06:03 PM).

#18 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 663 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22106.13 @ 22:32 (10:32 PM)

Here is an artist I think most people will like, I'm friends with him in Real Life.  He's talented and oh so handsome,

Benjamin Koll

https://youtu.be/i1jEZuHDxVg

That's awesome! I always have a little envy for those with musical abilities. The best I can really do is some air-guitar work :lol:

#19 Mid Gabriel Finch

Mid Gabriel Finch

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted Star Date 22110.26 @ 02:10 (02:10 AM)

Since I use him for the profile image, the main musical representation for Finch HAS to be Watsky.

Talking to Myself is my favorite of his but I feel it fits the character here at the start.
https://youtu.be/muc6osV3mhc

However, the 18 minute Lovely Thing Suite is good for getting into the writing mindset for me. At least in terms of songs from Watsky.

https://youtu.be/SvlpvcqM9kQ

#20 Lt (JG) Zamha

Lt (JG) Zamha

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted Star Date 22110.28 @ 20:44 (08:44 PM)

I think I'll need to hear the full version of Starman from the upcoming Lightyear before I can be sure, but I think that's it.

#21 Mid Gabriel Finch

Mid Gabriel Finch

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted Star Date 22110.28 @ 20:49 (08:49 PM)

https://www.youtube....avidBowie-Topic

Here ya go. I think this is every Character's song.

#22 Lt (JG) Zamha

Lt (JG) Zamha

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted Star Date 22110.28 @ 21:10 (09:10 PM)

Thanks, but the original Bowie never inspired me much. This new version sounds like it has the potential to.