Photo

2019 Anniversary Presidential Address

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alexis Tregelen

Alexis Tregelen

• Administrators
  • 1518 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.08 @ 02:10 (02:10 AM)

Greetings all,

Federation Space RPG started in March 2000 and over the years we have had many ups and downs and seen countless people come through the gates, some of which enjoy it so much that when they leave they come back again and again and again (insert joke about not being able to give up Fed Space here). As we move into our 20th as a community we look back on the previous year we have had and what a year it was.

Site Membership

Site membership has once again remained quite steady this year. We have had some people leave but we have also had some people come on board, even had some that have returned.

Fleet Changes

There have been a few fleet changes since this time last year, most notably the Beckett launch and closure along with the Intrepid and Gettysburg reassignment. I have gone over in detail why we moved the Intrepid and Gettysburg crews to new ships recently so I wont go over them again here but I did want to talk about the Beckett. When the Beckett was launched it was the brain child of our former President and it was meant to serve as his command. When he decided to retire from the site we had a decision to make and that was regarding what happened with the Beckett. After much discussion it was decided to, in game have several of the brand new technologies fail on its maiden voyage much like the Excelsior and the Transwarp drive did in the movies and the crews moved to other ships to bolster their numbers. This was done due to many factors but mostly because we felt that as it was Perry's project and the plans he had for the ship that it was best to retire the ship. The class still exists and is being worked on in game by the Corps of Engineers so who knows, maybe you will see the class again in the future.

Leadership Changes

As I touched on above, there was a significant leadership change last year. When Perry and Andrea left and Dan Wueste stepped back from most of his roles that left a large gap in the leadership team. I am thankful to the new leadership that stepped up during this time and I believe has done an excellent job with keeping things moving along and not just moving but progressing forward. Much like the Gettysburg and Intrepid I don't want to go too in depth here about it as it has been explained in other threads.

Presidential Elections

Due to the leadership changes last year the in game elections were not held. Now the ball is in your court with this one, we can either run the elections this year and play with some timelines and pretend that they happened last year or I can just make a winner and play as them. I will create a poll and you will have until the end of the month to vote on what we do. These are in game elections only and are just meant to be a bit of fun.

Yearly Awards

The yearly awards will be run again this year, I will be posting the nomination forms shortly. These awards were created to be a tongue-in-cheek look at the fleet with awards such as 'Character I would most like to date if they were real', 'Most technobabble', and my favourite 'Best English as a Second Language player' which I myself have won a couple of times (being Australian and all apparently I don't speak English?). These awards are not meant in any way to be offensive to anyone. I encourage everyone to nominate and vote in the awards, they are a great way for the community to show recognition to its members for the great year that they have had.

Thank you all and I look forward to another amazing year.

Aaron

#2 Lt Ptouzin

Lt Ptouzin

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 514 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.08 @ 04:00 (04:00 AM)

Dear Mr President, will there be regular posts on the accounting/financial side of Fed Space as with Perry before he retired?

Edited by Lt Ptouzin, Star Date 21903.08 @ 04:01 (04:01 AM).

#3 Alexis Tregelen

Alexis Tregelen

• Administrators
  • 1518 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.08 @ 05:15 (05:15 AM)

Dear Mr President, will there be regular posts on the accounting/financial side of Fed Space as with Perry before he retired?

That was done because Fed Space was set up as an LLC and as a legal requirement we had to post the financial standing regularly. Because we dissolved the LLC when Perry left we were no longer under that requirement. Im happy to begin posting those again if people really want me to but they wont be as regular as Perry's were (probably quarterly instead of monthly).

#4 Lt Ptouzin

Lt Ptouzin

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 514 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.08 @ 07:49 (07:49 AM)

That would be good, I think. We need to continually be reminded that these games cost money to run and that we can contribute if we wish to do so. not that it is required or even ask. Also for transparency for all involved, it's just good governance. I think Quarterly or Half Yearly or Yearly in your report would be sufficient. I would be interested to hear what others think?

#5 Alexis Tregelen

Alexis Tregelen

• Administrators
  • 1518 posts

Posted Star Date 21903.12 @ 02:51 (02:51 AM)

The poll regarding the election is live, see the following post https://fed-space.co...elections-2019/

The nomination form for the yearly awards is still in the works, I should hopefully have it completed tonight and posted for you to fill out.