Jump to content


Photo

CO/E00 - USS Dysprosium, ESS-9035/A


  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jane Fields

Capt Jane Fields

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1394 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.26 @ 13:46 (01:46 PM)

== Spec ==


  • 0

#2 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.26 @ 14:01 (02:01 PM)

Simon purposely was the first person to enter the Lanthanum-class science escort vessel. He didn't know who would be commanding the mission or who else would be assigned to the Away Team, and to be honest he really didn't care. What he cared most about was getting the ship ready to leave as soon as possible. Since it was larger than any shuttle or runabout, it would take longer to get it prepared for departure.

He slipped into the helm seat and powered up the systems. It would take a few minutes to bring the impulse engines online. As the engines were cycling on, he began a pre-flight check of all the systems. A vessel of the Dysprosium's size usually had a standard crew of 8 officers and 16 enlisted personnel. It could of course operate with a much smaller crew and Simon hoped that the Captain would assign at least one engineer.

His earlier excitement had now given way to focusing on getting the ship prepped for take off once the others were onboard. But he couldn't help but be in awe of the the ship. Other than the Copernicus, it would be the largest ship he had ever piloted. This was no shuttle.

== GM Input: Do all systems come on line and are they operating within normal parameters.? ==

== GM-19
SD 21904.26@07:03
All systems online and working well within established guidelines. It seemed the Dysprosium was just as excited as Greenfield. ==


Edited by Capt Jane Fields, Star Date 21904.26 @ 14:15 (02:15 PM).

  • 0

#3 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.27 @ 16:58 (04:58 PM)

>>Security>>

Marcus made his way on board noting that he was aparently the second person to arrive on board.

"Lt Greenfield, good to see you again. How is the ship looking?"

Marcus took a seat at the security console and checked the security and tactical systems were all coming online green as Greenfield had already mostly completed the power up of the ship.

"Midshipman Starr check the airlock and storage lockers for eva suits and survival equipment and let me know how many suits we have. We will likely need at least four for crew and another four for the people on the planet if it comes to walking them out."

==Tag Starr and Greenfield. Gm input just confirming your all systems online applies to security and tactical as well.==
  • 0

#4 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.27 @ 19:51 (07:51 PM)

>> Security >>

 

The first time Starr saw the Dysprosium, he was surprised at the size of the ship.  Having no time to just stand in awe right now, he followed Marcus on the shuttle a few moments later.  Seeing Greenfield, Starr gave a slight nod in the Lt's. Direction. 

 

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm one of the new crew members," he began in a upper-class British accent, but before he could say anything else, he heard Vesner's voice from across the Dysprosium.

 

"Yes, Sir" Starr responded and went to the airlock on the Shuttle.  He checked the lockers for the EVA suits and made sure that there were enough of them and sets of survival equipment for the request. He also wanted to see if he could find a ninth suit, as a contingency if it was possible.

 

==GM Input: How many available EVA suits and survival suits are packed on?==


  • 0

#5 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21904.28 @ 13:49 (01:49 PM)

== Vesner ==

 

Correct. All systems for all Departments were online and operating within normal parameters.

 

 

== Starr ==

 

There were twelve Environmental Suits currently aboard that doubled as survival suits. There were also breathing apparatuses which could be used for breathing in a hostile atmosphere, including full masks that Security would use during General Quarters Five.


  • 0

#6 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.28 @ 13:55 (01:55 PM)

Starr took stock of what the Dysprosium was equipped with before returning to the bridge.  "Twelve suits, sir" he told Vesner before taking up position shadowing what he was doing on the security console.  

 

==Tag Vesner==


  • 0

#7 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.28 @ 14:21 (02:21 PM)

<< Sickbay <<
 
The journey to the Dys, was pretty straightforward and as always there was a mixture of nerves and excitement, that she usually experienced whenever she was called to an away team. However this time it seemed to be more intense and magnified due to the fact that instead of just being a normal member of the team, she was the one leading it. 
 
Of course she would do her very best to ensure that the mission was a success and that they returned to the ship in one piece with those they were rescuing. But she wouldn't be who she was without some niggling doubt and worry. 
 
However by the time she reached the docking port, she felt a little better and calmer than she had been in the lift. A more confident Zaira entered the ship and after paying a visit to the Medical Bay and storing away the medkit, she headed for the Bridge.
 
Once there, she took a moment to look around, noticing that Lieutenant Greenfield was at the helm and that he was with Mid Starr and .... well there was no getting away from that familiar face and mop of dark hair. 
 
Having Marcus with her would definitely be a bonus as she walked to the command area and acknowledged those present.
 
" Gentleman, its good to see you all, the Captain has asked me to lead the rescue team and I'm confident that we will do this with success" she said. " What's our status? and as soon as the other team members get here, I want us to get underway immediately".
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#8 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.29 @ 08:08 (08:08 AM)

All the ships security and tactical systems completed their startup diagnostics just as Starr returned to report 12 environmental suits were on board. Noting all systems green Marcus turned from the console to Starr.

"Thank you midshipman. Find yourself a seet and be ready. I have a feeling we may be trying for a quick departure."

As Marcus finished talking to Starr in strutted his new wife, she looked confident and Marcus had to try hard not to beam with pride when she announced she would be in command of the ship. Their careers had been on such divergent paths of late with his sinking and hers skyrocketing, Marcus felt no animosity at this development though only pride and joy in Zaira's success.

"Security and Tactical systems are all green Ma'am. Midshipman Starr and myself are the two security personnel assigned to the mission." Marcus replied to Zaira's status query.

"Their are also 12 environmental suits on board if we need to attempt a physical rescue." Marcus added.

==Tag Starr and Zaira==
  • 0

#9 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.30 @ 10:18 (10:18 AM)

The moment Marcus looked to her, Zaira felt the pride emanating from him as he then delivered his report in regards to her orders. 
 
"Security and Tactical systems are all green Ma'am. Midshipman Starr and myself are the two security personnel assigned to the mission."
 
It felt a little strange with the way he acknowledged her, especially since in her mind, he should be the one leading this. However his support and love meant everything and this was no exception as he then added about the number of environmental suits on board should they need to attempt a physical rescue.
 
" Thank you, Commander, I know we'll be safe with you both here and understood, at least we will be, well prepared going into this".
 
Not completely tearing away her gaze from her husband as she shared much more than what was verbally spoken, before moving closer to the centre seat. Hesitating briefly at the magnitude of the moment until she sat down. Immediately bringing up the arm console as they waited for the others to arrive.
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#10 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.30 @ 14:00 (02:00 PM)

"Yes, sir" Starr replied and took a seat nearby.  With everything set, he was ready to go and followed Vesner's lead.  This was his first away mission on the ship, and his first away mission as an officer.  He didn't show it - but he couldn't help the excitement build up as they got closer and closer to departure.  He knew however, that he would need to remain professional and keep his head clear.

 

Starr had no idea what they were going into - an unstable planet, and the last shuttle to leave the ship didn't fare so well.  When the CMO came aboard, Starr acknowledged that she would be leading the mission.  He wanted to ask how the chief was doing, but they currently had more pressing matters.  He made a note to ask when they got back.  

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#11 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21904.30 @ 18:33 (06:33 PM)

As the Dysprosium's engines and other systems began to come to life, others from the crew began arriving. First it was the Commander Vesner. "Lt Greenfield, good to see you again. How is the ship looking?" he asked. 

 

"And you as well Commander. All systems are coming online. No issues and We should be ready for departure shortly," he answered. 

 

Next came the Security Midshipman and the Chief Medical Officer. He was about to tap his comm badge to ask the location of Ensign Peter Parker, the Tactical Officer he had requested join them to station the tactical console, when the young freckled and red haired man entered the bridge and moved over to him.

 

"Sorry, I delayed," he apologized. 

 

"No problem. Take the tactical console, I've got helm," Simon informed him. 

 

Parker nodded and moved towards the tactical console and brought the system on line. 


  • 0

#12 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.01 @ 05:58 (05:58 AM)

== Brother and Sister ==

 

The twin siblings reached the docking port of the Dys and then entered the support craft. They made the short trek to the Bridge, noting Morgan, Vesner, Greenfield and the Midshipman Security Officer that they had only seen in passing when he had come into Sickbay as part of an investigation of some sort.

 

"Reporting for duty Commander..." Brother stated as he approached Lieutenant Commander Morgan with Sister:

 

"...Zach made the decision for both of us to deploy with you."

 

== Tags ==


  • 0

#13 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.01 @ 17:28 (05:28 PM)

== Last call before Dysprosium's departure. I'd like to see this get underway within the next couple of days. If you feel like there should be a character onboard who hasn't written themselves on yet, then we can say there were already there before launch - up until landing. Otherwise, I will fill the roles with NPCs. Cheers. ==


  • 0

#14 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 1311 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.01 @ 23:23 (11:23 PM)

The comm came in from the Copernicus Ops station.

 

[Bridge to Dysprosium this is Lieutenant Commander Kurasa what is your launch and crew status?]

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#15 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.02 @ 01:38 (01:38 AM)

When Starr heard Kurasa coming over the comms, he quickly turned to Vesner and quietly asked

 

"Should she be on active duty already, after what happened? Or is the chief one of those officers who does not listen to the doctor's advice?" He asked, with a genuine curiosity but also an amused expression at the stereotype.

 

==Tag Vesner==


  • 0

#16 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.02 @ 07:18 (07:18 AM)

Zaira saw Starr's acknowledgement and smiled at the Middie, remembering her own first away mission when she had first arrived on the Copernicus. However her attention soon turned to Lieutenant Greenfield's status report, followed by the arrival of another Tactical Officer and Brother/Sister.
 
As the Medic siblings reported in and explained that Zach had made the decision to send both of them to join the away team, the CMO understood his reasons.
 
" It's good to have you both, please take up a station and prepare for departure" she replied politely. 
 
[Bridge to Dysprosium this is Lieutenant Commander Kurasa what is your launch and crew status?]
 
The CMO was about to turn back towards Lieutenant Greenfield when a familiar voice called over the comm. 
 
Zaira smiled before quickly responding to Kurasa.
 
" Dysprosium to Bridge, all systems are green and we're about to depart, as for crew, I believe that everyone who should be here has reported in".
 
Ending the comm, Zaira then addressed the CTO.
 
" Lieutenant Greenfield, take us out".
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#17 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 02:23 (02:23 AM)

Simon nodded to the Chief Medical Officer, "Aye Commander."

 

He made sure all compartments and doors were secured before releasing docking clamps. Once the docking clamps were retracted, Simon then engaged the maneuvering thursters. Skillfully the Dysprosium was piloted away from its berth. After clearing the Copernicus, impulse engines hummed to life, the science escort vessel then veered away from its parent ship and cleared open space.

 

Looking back over his shoulder to the center seat, Simon informed the Chief Medical Officer "We have cleared Copernicus. Course setting Commander?"

 

At the same time, Tactical Ensign Peter Parker was at the tactical console. He decided to run short and long range scans of the space and surrounding planets.

 

== GM Input: What do those tactical scans pick up? Thanks ==


  • 0

#18 Lt Sallea T'Prell

Lt Sallea T'Prell

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 668 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 05:56 (05:56 AM)

== Before Dysprosium's Launch ==

 

== Temp-NRC Mid M. 'Sonny' Apocrypha, Sci ==

 

The somewhat tall and lanky Science Officer arrived just prior to the support craft’s launch; and well after everyone else was aboard. It wasn’t the quickest or easiest deal to retrieve three transporter pattern enhancers…but he was here now…

 

He stowed his equipment and then approached the center seat; there was a Lieutenant Commander, an attractive female and sporting Medical Teal…

 

...okay…

 

The Science Middy, a 6’1” and thin-framed human male with rich mocha skin, and a short afro hairstyle and clean-shaven, youthful-looking face and introduced himself to the Commander:

 

“Commander, Midshipman Apocrypha reporting for duty…?”

 

His pleasant face frowned that his statement came out as a question, and his intriguing silvered-iris eyes rolled upwards in response. He pointed (with two fingers, index and middle finger) towards what he assumed was the Science console (the station was unoccupied and by process of elimination, it seemed the logical choice)…

 

 

== After launch ==

 

The Science Officer had logged in into the console and made the attempt to call up the sensor inputs. If anything; as he was newly minted from the Academy, it would seem easy enough to call upon the sensors and then begin reviewing the data…

 

 

== GM Input: Was Apocrypha able to retrieve and bring with him the three transporter pattern enhancers as requested by Talion?

 

And is the Science Station and sensor operation nominal?

 

==


  • 0

#19 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 07:43 (07:43 AM)

Marcus turned to Starr hearing his question about the CoS.

"Probably not midshipman, but one thing I have learned about CoS' in my years in Starfleet is that they are all usually more stubborn than a mule." Marcus paused a moment and then smiled.

"And yes before you ask that also included myself when I was the CoS for a time. I think it is just something about the job and the responsibility it entails."

Just as Marcus finished speaking Zaira gave the order for departure and the ship was under way.

Well, here we go.
  • 0

#20 LCdr Alexander Talion

LCdr Alexander Talion

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 2119 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 12:31 (12:31 PM)

== Prior to launch ==

 

Talion's voice came over the Science Officer's comm badge, [Mister Apocrypha, remember that isolinear tags might also help to enhance the transporter locks. I will do what I can from this end to assist and keep us in contact. Good luck to you all.]


  • 0

#21 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 12:37 (12:37 PM)

== Before Launch ==
 
With her order given and feeling more comfortable by the minute, Zaira was as prepared as she could be for what they were about to do. However as they were joined by a Science Middie who introduced himself and reported in. Taking in his appearance and how young he seemed in comparison to how she was as she put him at ease.
 
" Welcome aboard Midshipman and yes please take the science console" she replied in her usual friendly tone.
 
She then took a moment to observe all of those who had been assigned to the rescue mission and how out of all of them, she had only been on previous missions with her husband. So this would be a first for a lot of the crew at least together and yet she had no doubts that they would all do their best and rescue those on the surface below.
 
== After Launch ==
 
"We have cleared Copernicus. Course setting Commander?"
 
Once they had left the safe harbour of the Copernicus and the CTO turned to her and confirmed before asking for the course setting. Zaira thought quickly as to where they needed to go in order to increase their chances of a successful mission.
 
" The planet below, please Mr Greenfield and find us a safe spot as close to the stricken shuttle as possible".
 
The CMO was aware of the conditions on both the planet and from what had happened to the Iridium so didn't want to take too many chances, when it came to the safety of the Dys.
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#22 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.03 @ 19:46 (07:46 PM)

== Greenfield ==

 

Tactical scans revealed little new information. Scans did confirm there were no other active vessels, other than Copernicus, in the area. Some debris lingered, like some larger space-station type structures, but were easily avoidable.

 

With Science probes tied into the scans, the larger worry would be how to enter the fluctuating atmospheric conditions. Directly above the storm, blue jets (electrical discharges) extended into the lower mesosphere. In the stratosphere, the anti-cyclone made for treacherous atmospheric flight. Then there was the storm on the surface - which had whipped up some of the metallic dust.

 

 

== Apocrypha ==

 

All requisitioned equipment, including the pattern enhancers, made it aboard prior to departure. Science was operational, and sensor information was coming in from the linked-up probes.

 

Pressure near the life signs had dropped another two millibars, allowing a renewed eyewall to form. Sustained winds were measured around 82 knots, or about 152 km/h. Sensor could detect a large amount of heat in the system, but could not pinpoint the source. Unless conditions changed, the storm would only continue to strengthen.


  • 0

#23 Lt Sallea T'Prell

Lt Sallea T'Prell

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 668 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.04 @ 05:35 (05:35 AM)

== Temp-NRC Mid M. 'Sonny' Apocrypha, Sci ==

 

…a pleasant woman…

 

Sonny thought of the Dys’ commanding officer…

 

…isn’t she the Chief Medical Officer…?

 

The Science Officer being new to Copernicus and hadn’t committed all of the Senior Officers to memory. He was but a small cog in the warp capable science university…

 

…Captain Fields, First Officer Roland…and my uber boss, Commander Talion…

 

[Mister Apocrypha…] Talion’s voice erupted from Sonny’s commbadge…

 

[…remember that isolinear tags might also help to enhance the transporter locks. I will do what I can from this end to assist and keep us in contact. Good luck to you all.]

 

“Right! Yes sir. Isolinear tags.” The nooby Science Officer responded…

 

…and then as he searched for the location and/or replicator to make them, Sonny realized that he had not closed his comm initially…

 

“Got it Commander. Apocrypha out.”

 

…you can do this…

 

The circumstance was not unlike a training holo except there was no reset and no statement of ‘end program’ would lead to safety. It was a very sobering thought.

 

It was then that an automatic focus settled in as sensor data presented itself on his monitor…

 

When asked, or after Tactical stated their findings, or after a minute or two of silence, the young Science Officer announced:

 

“Commander…” Sonny turned his chair and addressed Morgan:

 

“…sensors indicate a two millibar decrease in atmospheric pressure near the life signs. Sustained winds measure in at eighty two knots slash one hundred fifty two  kilometers per hour…hmmm…”

 

Sonny paused at the intriguing data and then continued:

 

“…sensors have detected a large thermal gradient in the storm system, but unable to identify the source. Current projections indicate the tempest will strengthen…barring any other significant factors coming into play.”

 

…where is this heat coming from…?

 

== GM Input: RE: Isolinear tags…is there a compliment of such onboard? If not, can they be readily replicated? If yes, how many are there and where are they stored?

 

Also, Apocrypha has expertise in diverse planetary systems, primarily physical systems (geology, plate tectonics, physical oceanography, climate and weather…and enough biology to accommodate biological effects of the physical properties above).

 

Are there any warm bodies of water, surface or near surface magma deposits that the sensors might detect? Or some other source of thermal energy?

 

==


  • 0

#24 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.04 @ 13:38 (01:38 PM)

"The planet below, please Mr Greenfield and find us a safe spot as close to the stricken shuttle as possible."

 

Came the reply from the Chief Medical Officer. "Understood, taking us down now."

 

Simon then heard the voice of Ensign Peter Parker who was at the tactical station, "Lieutenant Greenfield, it looks like we've got fluctuating atmospheric conditions. There is a storm in the upper atmosphere and down on the planet itself. Both appear to be intense in strength with extreme electrical discharges."

 

"Understood Ensign," Simon replied.

 

He then said out loud. "Alright everyone, sit tight and buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride to the surface."

 

The Dysprosium then dipped towards the planet below. As blue jets of lightening danced all around them, Simon plunged the ship into the upper atmosphere.

 

Here we go

 

== GM Input: How is the ride down to the surface and does the ship make it down to the planet's surface without any incident or damage? ==


  • 0

#25 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.04 @ 14:43 (02:43 PM)

The CTO was quick to answer her order as to the course they needed to take and now that they were free from the safety of the Copernicus, the situation became even more real. This was further proved as she heard Tactical give their report regarding the conditions and the storm on the surface below. 
 
She knew that this wasn't going to be straightforward and that the odds were definitely against them. However the CMO's attention then shifted towards the science Middie as he notified her of what else the sensors had picked up.
 
It was bad enough going into a storm but this unknown heat source, definitely added to the worry and concern she had experienced over what they were going into.
 
Quickly making a decision regarding this as they couldn't exactly go back without at least attempting to rescue those stranded. 
 
" Acknowledged Midshipman, please continue with the scans and hopefully we'll be able to identify what's causing the unusual warm gradient, the closer we get".
 
Then as Simon warned them all to sit tight and buckle up as it was going to be a bumpy ride, she immediately looked to the crew, not wanting anyone to get hurt on the way down.
 
" You heard the Lieutenant, everyone buckle up as I don't want anyone to get hurt on the journey down".
 
Zaira then made sure she was secure and held on as the Dysprosium made its way into the upper atmosphere. 
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#26 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.04 @ 20:33 (08:33 PM)

== Apocrypha ==

 

Isolinear tags being very specialized, were not normally stocked. The Dysprosium could, however, replicate them as needed.

 

Based on Apocrypha’s extensive background, the following could be discerned:

 

Topographical analysis showed little due to the sensors failing to penetrate the now airborne heavy metal dust. It did, however, reveal several large bodies of water in the area, though this water was also saturated with sensor reflecting particulates.

 

Latent heat was unlikely, due to global climatic cooling – again, due to the dust. Therefore, the most likely source would be geothermal, possibly under one of the larger inland seas. Until the Dysprosium got closer to the surface, pinpointing a source was improbable.

 

An alternate theory would be artificial heat created on the (sub)surface, but scans showed nothing that would support that hypothesis at this time.

 

 

== Dysprosium / Greenfield ==

 

Built for operating in high-pressure environments, the Dysprosium had little trouble entering the first layers of atmosphere. The inertial dampers kept everything smooth, right up until the mesosphere.

 

Turbulence increased and electrical discharges struck the shielding of the vessel intensely. Environmental shielding dropped 5% as they moved through the mesosphere. For the occupants, there would be some movement, with even a few jolts.

 

For Greenfield, the science escort handled well, though required constant vigilance – until they entered the stratopause.

 

With the conflicting weather systems, an anti-cyclone above and cyclonic winds below, the vessel struggled as it was buffeted with highly variable winds and vortices. Cross winds exceeded 100m/s, and vertical shear affected the pitch of the Dysprosium. Environmental shielding was taking a beating too. Designed for Gas Giants with primarily light element atmospheres (hydrogen and helium), the fine heavy metals of osmium and iridium sapped strength - shields dropped to 87%.

 

Greenfield had a couple of choices that came to mind. First would be to ride it out, and continue a gradual descent despite the shielding and dangerous vertical shear with cross winds. Another option was to pitch the Dysprosium's nose down, and cut through to the troposphere – while not designed for such flight, it could be coordinated with a boost to bow landing thrusters to level them off within the calm, and clear, eyewall.

 

== up to you Mr. Greenfield, though feel free to come up with something different than suggested ==

 

 


  • 0

#27 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.04 @ 21:21 (09:21 PM)

Starr made sure he was buckled into the seat he had taken.  As the shuttle traveled towards the planet, and the winds buffeted the shuttle, he made sure to brace himself.  

 

Am I even going to make it to my first away mission? I'm starting to miss teleporters.

 

As the shuttle continued its descent, Starr knew the best thing to do was not panic yet, not until the rest of the crew were starting to look worried. As long as Greenfield had control, Starr had heard he was a good helmsman and seeing how he handled the Dysprosium only confirmed what Starr had been told.  

 

Maybe we will make it

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#28 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.07 @ 02:39 (02:39 AM)

As expected the turbulence increased in strength as the ship moved downward through the atmosphere. Simon was pleased how the Dysprosium handled. The helm answered smoothly given the current conditions. There were a few jerks and jolts. Then the Environmental shielding dropped 5%.

 

Well that's not good.

 

Once they entered the stratopause things really got dicey. The two storm systems had merged as predicted with the cross winds in excess of 100m/s and vertical shear beating against the ship like rain on a tin roof. Simon manged to keep the helm stable despite the lashing they were taking. And to make matters worse, shielding was now down to 85%, he knew if he didn't do something quick it would fall even further if not lose it all together. They needed to get down to the surface and fast.

 

Two options popped into his head, they could ride it out with a gradual descent or pitch the Dysprosium's nose straight down cutting through to the troposphere,t he ship really wasn't designed for such a maneuver, it could be coordinated with a boost to bow landing thrusters to level them off once they broke into the clear.

 

A gradual descent was risking and could break them apart before they got down to the surface and nose dive too fast might bring them down too fast and he might loose control and crash.

 

What to do? Either option isn't the best. Maybe if I..

 

Simon decided to combine both ideas. He would take the Dysprosium down at a faster decent but not at a rate that might cause him to lose control once he was close to the surface, he didn't want to come in too hot. The science escort was equipped with some very advanced science systems. He decided to pull power form those systems to re-enforce and boost power to the shields to give them enough shields to protect them through the rapid descent. 

 

After a few pushes of buttons on the console, Simon attempted to re-route power from the science systems to boost before his decent. 

 

== GM Input: Is Simon able to boost shield power from the ship's science systems? ==


  • 0

#29 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.08 @ 03:48 (03:48 AM)

== Brother and Sister ==

 

The sibling medics kept silent as Dysprosium made her decent. They had considerable faith in Greenfield’s abilities to get the down through the planetary maelstroms. The pair’s most focus, or curiosity was on meeting up with the Hekaran and Yridian persons…

 

The Hekarans were Federation members from Hekaras II and had a pronounced forehead, temples and nose ridges. Otherwise similar enough to humans.

 

The Yridians were a different sentient humanoids species altogether, rodent-like ears, generally bald heads and wrinkled skin and mostly the species had but four fingers; the thumb and index finger having been fused together in a distant past. As a species, they were generally considered devious and untrustworthy…

 

…interesting…

 

The twin medics called up both species physiology and whatever else existed in the LCARS database for the two species. Just to be prepared with a nominal working knowledge of their respective biological systems…

 

== Mid Sonny Apocrypha ==

 

The young Science Officer didn’t think that the craft had a compliment of isolinear tags. While it might have been advantageous to know this before he had boarded, it did appear that the devices could be replicated…

 

“Commander…” the young mocha-skinned human male directed his words to Morgan…

 

“…isolinear tags will need to be replicated; there not part of a typical compliment.”

 

Fortunately for Sonny, he had enjoyed rollercoaster rides since his youth, and as Dysprosium careened towards the target, the young man’s stomach was resolute…

 

= Tag Morgan ==


  • 0

#30 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.08 @ 11:09 (11:09 AM)

As Greenfield took them down and the turbulence increased, thoughts turned to her first away mission where they had also experienced something similar. Although this time Zaira knew that they weren't dealing with Mechanoids and had grown a lot more in confidence since her beginnings as a Middie. 
 
The mission leader also had a lot of faith in Simon's piloting skills and so far nothing seemed out of the ordinary. However was mindful of what had happened to the Iridium and for a moment wondered how Sallea was after being called away to lead the rescue attempt. Zaira's thoughts then turned to who they would be rescuing, having never encountered either the Hekaran or Yridian's before. 
 
This would definitely be a first for the CMO, yet was pleased to have those currently on the Bridge with her as they continued their descent. 
 
When Mid Apocrypha then addressed her and mentioned that isolinear tags would need to be replicated as they weren't typically part of the Dys's compliment. Zaira had no issue in granting the request as it was better to have everything they needed in order to make the mission a success.
 
" Acknowledged, Midshipman, go ahead and replicate them, especially if we're going to need them".
 
== Tag Apocrypha ==

  • 0

#31 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.08 @ 20:43 (08:43 PM)

== Greenfield / Dysprosium ==

 

As the nose of the Dysprosium dipped down slightly as guided by Simon’s expert hands, the console request for re-routed power went through. A loud ‘POP’ occurred, accompanied by the smell of burnt plastic and melted metal – the result of an EPS conduit failing, with safeguards keeping it minimized.

 

A vortex hit the Dysprosium causing it to buck as if it were a wild bronco, and the EPS malfunction caused a momentary reduction in power to the inertial dampening system. Anyone not buckled in would be violently tossed up half a meter before being slammed back down into the deck. Even those buckled would find it uncomfortable.

 

However, that was the only hiccup in the plan. As the computer automatically rerouted power within seconds, the dampeners returned to full strength. Also, Greenfield’s idea to boost power succeeded, as the environmental shielding held.

 

Punching through the eyewall, the Dysprosium found calm conditions in the eye of the storm. Greenfield easily navigated the vessel to a soft landing, with only a slight shudder felt as the ship rested on its landing struts.


  • 0

#32 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.08 @ 21:10 (09:10 PM)

When the Dysprosium landed planet side, Simon put on one of the EV suits.  They had been told that things would be unstable down here, and he doesn't trust that storm they just went through either.  

 

And people are worried about transporter accidents, shuttles have their down days too.

 

Along with the rest of the crew, Simon geared up for the search and rescue.  Not knowing what to expect, he continued following the lead of the senior security officer on the mission.  

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#33 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.09 @ 00:24 (12:24 AM)

Simon was able to successfully reroute power from the science systems to the shields and a not a moment too soon and a few of the EPS shorted out causing a few sparks. Can't stay here much longer

 

Satisfied with the re-enforced shielding, he nosed the Dysprosium downward. The shield shook a bit and Simon had to be vigilant in handling the helm as the wind from the storm lashed against them. There was a a momentary reduction in power to the inertial dampening system but the computer automatically compensated and after a few more jolts the ship emerged into the eyewall of the storm and found clearer and calmer weather. 

 

The flight was much easier now and he guided the ship to as close as he could get to the stricken shuttle they had picked up on sensors. He prepared the ship for landing.

 

After deploying the landing struts, Simon then cut the impulse engines and relied on thrusters to bring them down to a soft landing.

 

== GM Input: How close was Simon able to land near the stricken shuttle on the surface? Thanks ==


  • 0

#34 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.09 @ 13:51 (01:51 PM)

== It was less a shuttle and more a one use escape pod/lifeboat. Greenfield was able to touch down 100 yards from the pod. ==
  • 0

#35 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.10 @ 06:27 (06:27 AM)

The ride down to the planet was a harrowing one. If Marcus had not been strapped firmly in his seat at one point he was sure he would have struck the ceiling. As a pilot himself Marcus always got a little nervous watching someone else pilot in a dangerous situation, but Greenfield had done an excellent job given the conditions.

Releasing his safety belt Marcus stood almost chuckling at how quickly Starr returned already dressed in his EV suit.

"Can you grab me a suit a well." Marcus asked Starr as he walked up.

"Lt. Commander Morgan I volunteer Mid Starr and myself for a quick reconesance of the downed craft."

Marcus then quickly initiated a scan of the ship and surrounding area for any hazards they may encounter while he waited for his wife's responce.

==Tag Starr, Zaira. Gm input: Do Marcus' scans pick up any immediate threats to leaving the ship to check the rescue site. Do sensors show anything interesting about the site?"==
  • 0

#36 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.10 @ 07:03 (07:03 AM)

== Vesner ==

 

Scans of the immediate surroundings showed no obvious hazards, except for some heavy metals dust still lingering.

 

The Dysprosium was currently within the eyewall of the storm, so conditions were relatively calm for the moment. However, that could change if the storm shifted, and meteorological figures showed the weather system as equivalent to a category 4 hurricane.

 

The emergency escape pod was Yridian in design, suitable to accommodate up to 10 passengers. It was in good condition but currently empty, with no life signs inside – those who were in it had already moved to better shelter inside a rather large structure 150 meters to the west.

 

Preliminary evidence suggested it was a government or military building, with only one available access point that was not blocked by rubble. Three stories high, it showed likely extensive sub-level involvement. It was also a reinforced structure, so getting a clear picture was hard even without a layer of the sensor blocking dust. However, with the help of Talion’s probes and the Dysprosium’s enhanced sensors, the five life signs were detected on the main level, approximately 30 meters from the entrance.


  • 0

#37 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.10 @ 11:02 (11:02 AM)

"Aye Sir" Starr replied to Marcus's request for the suit, passing it over.  He didn't want to take any risks knowing that the planet was unstable, and though in the eye where things were peaceful, he knew that the storm wouldn't pass any time soon.  

 

When he passed Vesner the suit, he couldn't help but think back to his final exam at the academy.  That was a search and rescue style mission as well, and knew a few ways how that could end.  He hoped that Cardassians weren't going to make a surprise appearance, however. He went towards the airlock of the ship and nodded towards Vesner.  

 

"Ready when you are, sir." He said, wanting to get to the stranded and make sure their OK.

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#38 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.10 @ 16:36 (04:36 PM)

Her fingers were almost white, thanks to her instinct to grip the sides of the command chair as the Dysprosium continued its descent to the surface. The support vessel becoming almost like a wild beast of some kind as Greenfield fought against the elements. Turning slightly at the sound of the very audible pop, followed by the smell of burnt plastic, although luckily the damage didn't spread.
 
Doing everything possible to ride it out as it became slightly unbearable until finally she felt the shudder as the landing struts were engaged. 
 
" Great work Lieutenant" she said as she eased her grip and loosened her safety belt just as she noticed Mid Starr, being one step ahead with putting on one of the EV suits. Zaira couldn't help but smile before she heard her husband ask for a suit.
 
Then as Marcus made a suggestion, she understood why he wanted them both to do a quick reconnaissance before anyone else went out there and that he would do everything to stay safe and get back to the Dys. 
 
" Permission granted, Commander, keep us updated via the comm" she replied as Marcus was then handed a suit and she then looked at her husband. 
 
~ Be safe out there ~
 
She knew that she didn't need to say anything via their link or otherwise but it wouldn't be her if she kept quiet. 
 
" See you both shortly and stay safe".
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#39 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.11 @ 06:00 (06:00 AM)

== Brother and Sister, with Mid Apocrypha ==

 

There was a moment of trepidation when Escort Craft exceeded power limits somewhere and burnt plastic and molten metal vapors scratched the noses of the twins.

 

Fortunately, Greenfield kept calm and guided Dysprosium through the storm and no further systems appeared compromised. Additionally, everyone had been buckled in and aside from the shakes and twists of their chairs, no one took any obvious, or announced any injuries. It was almost like taking in a deep breath after holding it unconsciously when Dys set down on the planet.

 

The Security Officers jumped into action immediately and would be the first to scout out the local environs. The green Science Officer, paused a moment (some handful of seconds in all actuality)…seemingly to make sure that the craft had indeed settled down successfully; and then he unstrapped himself and went over the nearest replicator.

 

The siblings readied their medkits and tricorders and awaited Commander Morgan’s orders to suit up…

 

 

== Mid Apocrypha ==

 

Sonny had been okay (enough) during the decent. He had plenty of experience riding roller coasters of all sorts, both real and simulated; plus, Academy simulation experience. So, the bucking and jarring movements hadn’t frightened the junior officer (too much).

 

Once the Dys had landed, the Science Officer sat and counted a slow three and was confident enough that the landing had gone well and that they were truly settled…

 

…okay, right…what’s next? Yes! Replicate isolinear chips…

 

The six-footer (plus a little bit) unstrapped himself and then went over to the nearest replicator and inputted commands to materialize six isolinear tags as a first pass…

 

 

== GM Input: Apocrypha will make the attempt to replicate six isolinear chips from the replicator, and if that is successful, he will retrieve them to side a pouch and then replicate six more. Is this successful? ==


  • 0

#40 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.11 @ 15:57 (03:57 PM)

Permission granted Marcus acknowledged with a nod as he quickly doned his EV suit and headed to join Starr by the hatch.

~We shall do our best~ Marcus responded to Zaira's request for them to be careful.

"We will keep you all up to date as we progress. Preliminary scans show the other ship is abandoned and the life signs have taken up residence in a small 3 story structure nearby. We will make a quick stop at the landing sight, but proceed from their to the building ASAP."

Marcus then turned to Starr as he opened the hatch and headed outside.

"Follow me let's go see if we can find out what happened to these people."

Marcus then made for the downed shuttle and the 3 story structure at a brisk pace.

==GM input: Do Starr and Vesner find anything at the downed shuttle? If not they will move on to the building from there. What do they find out from their reconnaissance of the structure?==
  • 0

#41 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.11 @ 16:40 (04:40 PM)

Simon followed behind Marcus as they approached the shuttle. Every step becoming more and more like his final exam at the academy, the difference this time is that it was real, not a simulation.  

 

Starr approached the shuttle, keeping pace with Marcus and keeping an eye on the surrounding area as they approach both the shuttle and the building that the life signs were detected in.

 

==GM Input: Does Starr notice anything during the journey to the shuttle/building, along with once we arrive what Marcus said :)==


  • 0

#42 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.12 @ 12:21 (12:21 PM)

== Apocrypha ==

 

Six isoliner tags materialized, ready to be used immediately, as were the other six thereafter.

 

 

== Vesner ==

 

The landscape seemed apocalyptic. Ruins, rubble, and craters from meteor strikes were everywhere. Some craters were larger than others, but it was evident that the surface had been pummeled. Then there was the dust - some in piles next to large debris, while some stirred at their feet. It gave everything a bluish-grey tinge, with some areas being brown in color.

 

When the pair arrived at the downed lifeboat, it was completely empty of useful items. Furthermore, even other parts of it seemed to have been stripped: upholstery, along with metal from inside and out. On the ground leading away from the lifeboat, were deep marks. Something heavy had been dragged across the terrain in the direction of the building.

 

Then the building itself was an oddity. All other structures had collapsed and degraded over the course of time. However, this one was still standing, though it had seen better times. Pock-marked by small impacts, and the north side looked partially collapsed from a larger strike. From the architecture it seemed to be a mixture of aesthetically pleasing and defensively sound. The only access point, as found on the scanners, was on the east side facing toward the downed craft.

 

Scans gave no new information, except that the life-signs had congregated together on the main level.

 

 

== Starr ==

 

One thing did stand out to Starr, discovered on accident. Taking a peek inside the escape pod, his foot nearly slipped on the slick dust covered flooring. Simon managed to save himself from falling on his back by grasping the door frame, but not before he got a good look at the ceiling. A longer look from steadier footing revealed a tiny amount of what looked to be blood spatter on the roof of the pod.

 

 

 

== Please advise if just Vesner and Starr are entering the structure alone, without the rest of the crew ==


  • 0

#43 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.12 @ 14:43 (02:43 PM)

Simon glanced into the escape pod that came down.  Not noticing the dust, regaining his balance - he hoped Vesner didn't notice that he almost fell

 

That was a close one.

 

Grabbing onto the door frame, and noticing the marks on the ceiling,  Simon pointed towards the blood spatter on the roof of the pod.  

 

"Looks like it was either a rough landing, or something else attacked whoever used this pod" Starr commented on the blood spatter he noticed and began scanning it with his tricorder to see if he could get any more information on it.  He also looked at the pattern of blood spatter to determine whether or not it could have been from a third party of if it happened due to the crash.

 

==GM Input: Based on Starr's law enforcement background and investigations back home, is he able to tell anything about the spatter pattern left by the blood - would it have been caused by something, or would it be more likely something caused by the crash?==


  • 0

#44 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.12 @ 21:39 (09:39 PM)

Simon was pleased that he was able to get the ship as close as 100 yards from the pod. As he continued to secure the ship for the landing sequence, he overheard that Security had already begun to scan the surrounding area. 

 

The Chief of Security wanted to recon the area which was understanding. The Chief Medical Officer, who was in charge of the mission agreed.

 

"Be careful out there. We are in the eye of the storm for now. I don't know how long we can expect this clear weather, it could turn nasty," Simon warned.

 

He then checked for any issues or damage from their initial descent down that would affect their return back to Copernicus.

 

== GM Input: Is there any damage or issues caused to the ship from their descent to the planet? ==


  • 0

#45 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.13 @ 10:43 (10:43 AM)

~We shall do our best~
 
Despite her husband's attempt to reassure her, Zaira knew that she would breathe a lot easier once Marcus and Starr returned from scouting the immediate area, especially with what he had found on the preliminary scans. 
 
If those on the other ship had abandoned it to take up residence in one of the nearby buildings, then hopefully they would quickly establish the reason as to why.
 
Although the CMO couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling that had settled somewhere in the pit of her stomach. 
 
" Understood and we'll monitor things from here too" she replied before she watched Marcus and Starr leave the safety of the Dysprosium, as Greenfield also told the pair to be careful due to them being in the eye of the storm for now.
 
Zaira understood that things could change quickly, which only added to the urgency of finding those they had been sent to rescue, establish what was going on and get out of here, before it became difficult to do so.
 
Noting that their Science Middie was busy replicating the isolinear tags, the CMO quickly addressed those who had remained on the escort vessel.
 
" Mr Apocrypha, once you're finished replicating the tags, I would like you to monitor the conditions outside, Mr Greenfield, I would like you to keep a close eye on Commander Vesner and Mid Starr".
 
With her orders given, Zaira then waited for those outside to check in and once they did, she would then prepare to either join them or wait for their return depending on what was found. 
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#46 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 01:26 (01:26 AM)

== Starr ==

 

Unfortunately, it wasn’t entirely conclusive as to how the spatter got there. It was possible that it could have been from the crash, but with all other materials having been removed, any evidence supporting that assertion was gone. The tricorder showed the blood to be human, but the timeframe could not be ascertained. It could have been there prior to landing, perhaps even upon boarding. There was no blood on the flooring, so none of the spatter dripped.

 

With Starr’s background, he was able to determine an extra piece of information – his keen eye saw the slightest bit of a smudge.  A quick substrate scan by the tricorder confirmed that there had been more blood than was visibly showing, and had been cleaned away by a cloth or item made of synthetic fibers.

 

 

== Greenfield ==

 

All systems showed green, and there were no damage reports. As the environmental shielding held, it was unlikely there was damage to the Dysprosium.


  • 0

#47 Lt Sallea T'Prell

Lt Sallea T'Prell

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 668 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 05:04 (05:04 AM)

== Temp-NRC Mid M. 'Sonny' Apocrypha, Sci ==

 

Sonny was relieved that the isolinear tags were being replicated without problems. The software, algorithms and the shear enormity of the pattern-buffer memory was truly remarable...

 

...and most of us just take it for granted...

 

The first batch of six materialized and the Science Officer placed them in a pouch for easy access...

 

...okay...lets do six more for margin...

 

"Mr. Apocrypha, once you're finished replicating the tags, I would like you to monitor the conditions outside." the acting Captain said; and in the brief pause before Morgan addressed the Tactical Officer Apocrypha chirped:

 

"Aye sir."

 

...alright Sohn-Sohn...let's finish this and get monitoring...!

 

It wasn't really long at all and the second half dozen transporter lock enhancer devices had materialized...

 

...good good...

 

The young Science Officer placed them with their brethren; and then he secured the small satchel to his waist; he addressed Morgan...

 

"The isoes are ready Commander." Apocrypha stated:

 

...and next, he returned to the Science console and began conducting outside, local environmental conditions with the available Dys' sensors...

 

== GM Input: Apocypha is scanning the local area around the Dysprosium...what are the current atmospheric conditions; and once the sensors/computer get a baseline, Sonny will try and get a forcast and trend lines of the weather system ==


  • 0

#48 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 08:08 (08:08 AM)

Making their way across the ruined landscape towards the downed ship Marcus could see a lot of devastation and dust. What was once likely a beautiful world was now a falling apart.

Arriving at the downed escape ship they found it empty though Starr found some blood spatter and was continuing to investigate.

"Catch up with me when you have finished your investigation. I am going to continue towards the building."

Marcus arrived at the building and it was in rough shape, but it was also the only structure still standing so that spoke to its sturdiness. All the life signs were congregated together on the main floor and there seemed only one barricaded entrance.

I wonder if it is barricaded for the weather or something else.

Vesner to Morgan [I have found all the survivors they appear to be held up in a barricaded defensive structure. I am going to move in a little closer when Starr arrives and see if I can find a way in or make contact.]

Marcus awaited Starr's arrival and report before leading them closer to the structure.

==Tag Starr GM input: Can Marcus find a way into the structure or to contact the people inside?==
  • 0

#49 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 11:53 (11:53 AM)

The blood spatter gave Starr concerns as to whether or not this was an accident or a deliberate act.  With everything taken from the pod, it was impossible to tell from a customary glance.  Whatever happened, it probably wasn't when the pod landed here.  They had time to clean the escape pod.  In the environment here, it was unlikely that someone would have bothered.  

 

Vesner had already left for the building when Starr had finished looking over the escape pod.  He looked for anything that might have pointed to what happened to make the escape pod crash. He didn't expect to find anything as it seemed the place was already cleared out by the occupants when they arrived here.

 

[Starr to Vesner, got some human blood here.  Hard to tell from when, but it's been attempted to be cleaned up.]

 

==GM Input: Does Starr find anything else out of place? Any areas which seem to have interfered with the spatter suggesting there was an object or person in the way that was later moved or taken?==


  • 0

#50 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 19:24 (07:24 PM)

== Apocypha ==

 

The Dysprosium currently sat in a 100km eye of an immense cyclone. Conditions in the eye itself were calm, and clear.

 

The storm system was large and strengthening. Were it on Earth, it would be considered a Category 5 hurricane, with sustained winds in excess of 324 km/h. Analysis showed that the cyclone seemed to wobble, and that the heating driving the convection was uneven – the majority of the warmth coming from the inland sea. 17 of 19 weather models run by the computer agreed that the storm would continue to swell, with sustained winds of up to 110 m/s or 396km/h. However, they showed the eye remaining intact, and the Dysprosium safe within it.

 

However, one of the algorithms not in consensus showed a dangerous alternative. With the uneven heating, it showed a new secondary eyewall forming further out to sea. Should an eyewall renewal happen in that case, the new eye would be extremely small – maybe 1 km across. That would put the Dysprosium and operating area in very dangerous wind zone, with zero visibility, and no ability to communicate due to the dust. This model suggested the timeframe could be as fast as 15 minutes before the eyewall cycle took place.

 

 

== Mr. Vesner ==

 

There was an access point on the side of the building facing the Dysprosium, and Marcus. If it once had a door, there was nothing left of it – just a hole where a door might have been.

 

Contacting the people inside would require Marcus to enter the building, as they were not close enough to the exit to hear any shouting – and they had never answered hails so far.

 

 

== Starr ==

 

Nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. Sadly, with all other materials having been removed, there was no way to make a determination on an object/person in the way. The only clues being the smudged spatter, and the deep grooves in the soil from a heavy object being dragged away. Investigation of those grooves would suggest a heavy case or box.


  • 0

#51 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 20:33 (08:33 PM)

Starr left the shuttle pod, and forced his way through the winds towards the building he and Vesner spotted the lifesigns at.  The EV suit was making it a little easier, but the speed of the wind was making it hard to keep steady.  Once he caught up, he took a moment to reposture himself.

 

[Starr to Doctor Morgon, I found human blood in the shuttlecraft, hard to say if it happened due to the crash or something prior.  Do we know that there are just Hekaran and Yridian lifesigns down here?]

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#52 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.14 @ 22:50 (10:50 PM)

As Starr arrived at the structure Marcus greeted him.

"Did you find out anything further from that blood you found? Do you suspect fowl play?" Marcus asked with a slightly curious look on his face as he awaited Starr's responce.

"Anyways do you see that entrance over there? Since I haven't had any luck contacting anyone inside, I am going to head in. I want you to wait just outside there." Marcus pointed at a partially collapsed wall that would provide cover while also provide a good vantage to watch the building.

"I need you to stay outside just incase this is a trap or a communications dead zone. Either way you'll be in a position that you can back me up and or still communications with the Dys."

==Tag Starr. Gm input: Does Marcus have any luck entering the structure and if so what or whom does he find inside.==

Edited by LCdr Marcus Vesner, Star Date 21905.14 @ 22:52 (10:52 PM).

  • 0

#53 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.15 @ 02:52 (02:52 AM)

"It's hard to say, with the way everything was taken there wasn't much to go on.  There were some grooves leading out of the shuttle marking something big and heavy being dragged out, apart from that, with everything taken away it's hard to get a full picture," Starr replied.  He tried to remember which direction they left from the shuttle, whether it was towards the building or not.  

 

When Marcus told Starr where to go, Starr nodded and quietly made his way to the indicated spot.  He prepared himself for defensive actions and to let the team on the Dysprosium know if anything goes wrong.  He ducked behind the wall and waited to see what happened next.

 

==GM Input: Does Starr notice anything suspicious while he waits outside, or hear anything coming from inside the building after if Marcus enters?==


  • 0

#54 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.15 @ 03:00 (03:00 AM)

Simon was pleased that there had been no damage to the ship or systems on their descent through the storms to the planet surface. All systems appeared to functioning normally. He was impressed how the Dysprosium hand handled, especially in the turbulence they had gone through. She was certainly a special little ship.

 

Normally, he would power down the engines, but he decided against it. He wanted to be ready to leave if needed. He wasn't sure how long the clear weather would last and he wanted to be able to get off fast if needed.

 

Simon then looked over to Ensign Parker at the tactical console and said, "Ensign Parker, can you give me an estimate on how long until the eye of this storm passes and the weather gets worse?"

 

Ensign Parker then began to scan the eyewall and the surrounding storm to see how long it would be until the eyewall of the storm would last around them.

 

== GM Input: How long is the ship in the clear due to the eyewall? How long until they are in the storm again? == 

 
  • 0

#55 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.15 @ 12:00 (12:00 PM)

== Dysprosium ==
 
Zaira looked over at the Middie as he acknowledged the order and informed her that the tags were ready. " Thank you Mr  Apocrypha" she replied as her husband was the first one to check in with them. 
 
Vesner to Morgan [I have found all the survivors they appear to be held up in a barricaded defensive structure. I am going to move in a little closer when Starr arrives and see if I can find a way in or make contact.]
 
It was certainly a relief to hear his voice and that he had located the survivors, although it was curious to hear that they had moved from the shuttle. Then again considering the current surface conditions there must be a valid reason, one they should hopefully find out soon, especially with Marcus and Starr attempting to make contact.
 
The CMO quickly responded to him.
 
[Morgan to Vesner, acknowledged, hopefully they'll answer this time]
 
It was certainly something to hope for, considering the lack of contact prior to their arrival and could only wait to see what happened.
 
Then it was Starr's turn to contact the Dys.
 
[Starr to Doctor Morgon, I found human blood in the shuttlecraft, hard to say if it happened due to the crash or something prior.  Do we know that there are just Hekaran and Yridian lifesigns down here?]
 
This particular piece of news was a surprise as to their knowledge, the sensors had only picked up Hekaran and Yridian lifesigns.
 
[Morgan to Starr, understood and according to the information we had prior to leaving, there was only Hekaran and Yridian lifesigns, so its something we'll look into, just in case the readings were wrong]
 
Zaira wondered exactly what was going on as the presence of human blood was something completely unexpected but figured it made sense to run another scan just in case.
 
" Can someone run another lifesign scan?" she asked out loud to those on the Bridge.
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#56 Lt Sallea T'Prell

Lt Sallea T'Prell

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 668 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.16 @ 05:26 (05:26 AM)

== Dysprosium ==

 

== Apocrypha ==

 

The data came in and the outside weather event was for Dysprosium, pretty good as they sat well within the eye of the storm, and that eye was significantly large at 100 km…

 

…hopefully, enough to keep things calm here while we carry out our mission…

 

The massive hurricane was getting stronger, easily a Cat 5 if it were on Earth and it was apparently getting most of its energy from a warm, inland sea, but the convection flows were asymmetrical, giving a wobble to the fast, sustained winds of nominally 325 klicks per hour storm…

 

…interesting…

 

“Commander…” the young Science Officer stated to Morgan…

 

“…we’re in the eye of this typhoon-like storm, 325 klick sustained winds, there’s a…wobble of sorts to it, uneven heating, but getting most of its energy from the nearby inland sea, and growing in strength…models predict that the eye should remain intact…”

 

Sonny paused as the final last simulation data presented themselves…

 

…what’s this…?

 

“…sir, I have an anomalous algorithm result that contradicts the vast majority of the simulations. There’s a possibility, say five to ten percent chance that due to the uneven heating, a secondary eyewall could develop, shrinking our current safe zone by two orders of magnitude, one klick wide maybe…”

 

Apocrypha let out a slow, yet high pitched whistle from his mouth and lips…

 

“…if this model were to prove correct, we may have only fifteen minutes before we end up with zero visibility, no outside communications due to dust.”

 

Sonny kept the sensors engaged to hopefully detect if a second eyewall presented itself…

 

 

== Tag to Morgan ==

 

 

== Brother and Sister ==

 

== Intersperse the siblings response as desired with Apocrypha's statements to Morgan (before, middle, after)  ==

 

"Can someone run another life sign scan?" Morgan requested to the Bridge at large.

 

“Affirmative Commander…” both medics replied simultaneously:

 

“…we are on it.”

 

The twins then at their respective consoles, set a portion of the Dys’ sensors to scout for life signs: Sister would keep tabs on Vesner and Starr as a baseline, and Brother would continue scans for Hekaran and Yridian life signs; and also intersperse looking for any other flora and fauna (of a reasonable mass)…

 

== GM Input:

 

Brother and Sister are looking for life signs; Sister would keep tabs on Vesner and Starr as a baseline, and Brother would continue scans for Hekaran and Yridian life signs; and also intersperse looking for any other flora and fauna (of a reasonable mass, say anything at or above 10 kilograms) ==


  • 0

#57 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.16 @ 06:03 (06:03 AM)

== Starr – a gentle correction, the wind is calm in a 100km circle around the Dysprosium, which includes the building ==

 

Simon didn’t notice any suspicious activity outside. Inside, he heard the distinct sound of a disruptor shot.

 

 

== Greenfield – please see my recent post above for Apocrypha for more details ==

 

If the eyewall stayed intact, it could be safe to stay for hours. If the eyewall renewed, they might have only 15 minutes of time before they are in the storm.

 

 

== Brother and Sister ==

 

On the ground and in the clear, Dysprosium’s sensors easily tracked Vesner and Starr. Furthermore, a higher resolution scan of the lifesigns revealed new information: two females, a Hekaran and a Ktarian, and three males, a Yridian, Ferengi, and a Nausicaan who was armed with a disruptor rifle.

 

By the time the scans came through, Vesner had already made contact, and sensors picked up a weapon discharge – the disruptor – from within the building.

 

 

 

== Vesner ==

 

Entering the building was easy. As he moved through the open entrance, the only light was from outside. The corridor was narrow, and within several steps he came upon what was once a security checkpoint, now dilapidated and rusted. On the floor, several footprints along with groove marks could be seen on the floor leading further inside.

 

As he continued, the sound of his steps echoed eerily off of the walls, with a sense of emptiness lingering with every footfall. There were many doorways to each side as he went down the hall, each had footprints leading in and out of them, the rooms filled with dust; only adding to the desolation. Further on, Marcus came to a T-intersection. A quick check of the ground showed the path the survivors had taken. Then darkness enveloped the corridor, and he was forced to turn on the EV suit lamps in order to see. It wasn’t long before another turn of the passage happened, pushing him further into the structure. Again, several doorways littered the sides, but it looked like the hallway opened ahead.

 

Once deeper in, Vesner came upon a central atrium that was once lit from a skylight above. Scans showed that a portion of the roof was made with transparent aluminum, but it had long rusted and been covered in dust both inside and out. The atrium was round and open in the middle. A railing prevented falling through the central opening that about 50 meters across. There were three stories of structure above, and it looked like a few sub-levels below. All around the outside of the central area were more corridors, offices, and meeting rooms.

 

In one of the meeting rooms is his tricorder began to give a good bearing on where the life signs had taken shelter. Approaching that area, he heard hushed voices talking before a sudden silence. The entire complex lit up with a bright sickly green flash of a disruptor shot that missed him by inches, sizzling the railing behind him.

 

“No no no! Don’t shoot at them! I didn’t say to shoot!” a very nervous voice spattered. They were male, but the pitch was higher than normal.

 

There were some hushed, anxious sounds being made, before a separate gentle voice called out, “Are you here to rescue us?”

 

“My name is Yverade Kal, I am the captain of the freighter. I’m coming out unarmed, please do not shoot me,” exiting was the Yridian male, about five foot and ten inches in height, with both hands up. His face showed shock when he regarded Vesner.

 

“Starfleet?”

 

== back to you Mr. Vesner (feel free to assume he now has the same knowledge as Brother and Sister regarding the survivors) ==


  • 0

#58 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.16 @ 21:50 (09:50 PM)

Marcus picked his way carefully through the structure beginning with the entrance. Everywhere the dust lay thick along with the signs of decay and abandonment. The further Marcus made his way into the structure the darker and more clostrafobic it became which put him on edge and it wasn't long before he was forced to switch on his lamps.

Tracking the survivors in the large structure was made easy by the thick dust and so Marcus followed their path deeper into the building without much trouble.

Reaching a large atrium Marcus felt exposed and decided to work his way around the atriums edge scanning with his tricorder as he progressed. It was near the centre of the structure where the lifsigns were originally spotted and Marcus was sure he was getting close.

Suddenly the air was lighted by a nearly blinding flash of disruptor fire in the darkness. Marcus rolled for the cover of a nearby wall as the shot just barely missed his chest. Pulling his own phaser Marcus searched for a target in the now near darkness once again. His heart was racing, but before Marcus could get a shot off at anyone he could hear arguing, someone was being chastised for firing on him. The Captain Yverade Kal then approached Marcus hands raised.

Marcus stayed in as much cover as possible, but lowered his phaser before responding to the Captains query.

"Correct I am Starfleet and we have come down here to rescue you, so I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't fire upon me anymore." Marcus said with a disarming smile. "Also for everyone's safety if you could please have your man toss that disruptor out of the room so we can speak some more that would be appropriated and probably move things along much more quickly. Just one moment now please while I contact my friends, don't want them to come charging to my rescue after your light show.

[Vesner to Morgan and Starr I am fine. I have made contact with the leader of our new friends after a very warm welcome, almost too warm actually. I am speaking to their Captain Yverade Kal as we speak please stand by.]

==Tag Morgan, Starr. Gm input: How does Yverade Kal respond to Marcus trying to diffuse the tension. Does he order his man with the disruptor to disarm?==
  • 0

#59 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.16 @ 23:10 (11:10 PM)

When Starr heard the disruptor fire coming from inside, he had to decide what to do.  He heard a single shot, and he didn't want to inform anyone else inside in case Vesner hadn't revealed the rest of the team yet.  He waited a few moments to hear if there was any further shots, phaser or disruptor, and was put less on edge when he heard Vesner's voice come over the comms. 

 

When Marcus opened comms to him, Marcus didn't seem to be making any attempt at remaining quiet so guessed it would be OK to open comms.

 

[Starr to Vesner, Acknowledged, Standing By.]

 

While he continued to wait for further instructions, Starr continued to keep watch outside, in case something changed.

 

==GM Input: Just if things change and Starr sees anything in the meantime while his waiting for Vesner to get back to the rest of the team==


  • 0

#60 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.17 @ 05:12 (05:12 AM)

== Brother and Sister ==

 

== Dysprosium ==

 

[Vesner to Morgan and Starr I am fine. I have made contact with the leader of our new friends after a very warm welcome, almost too warm actually. I am speaking to their Captain Yverade Kal as we speak please stand by.]

 

“Commander…” Brother stated to Morgan after the Security Officer’s pause…

 

“…I can confirm Lieutenant Commander Vesner’s statement; new scans show five humanoids not including our own; two females, Hekaran and Ktarian, and three males: Yridian, Ferengi, and a Nausicaan.”

 

And then Sister added:

 

“Sensors also identified the Nausicaan as having discharged a disrupter weapon. No one appears to have suffered injury because of it.”


  • 0

#61 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.17 @ 09:13 (09:13 AM)

== Brother and Sister – apologies, I missed the last part of your request. ==

 

There were no signs of flora or fauna above the stated weight. Some flora of small size, but very limited. Fauna was the same, though even more limited.

 

 

== Starr ==

 

Waiting for further instructions, Starr unexpectedly felt a slight chill. The area around him that had once been bathed in sunlight, had become darker. The skies above seemed overcast now…

 

 

== Apocrypha ==

 

A second eyewall developed as the errant weather model predicted. The eye was now closing, and soon the system would shift towards the inland sea in approximately ten minutes or less.

 

 

== Vesner ==

 

“Gan, do as the man says. Secure your weapon and throw it over this way.”

 

The Yridian Captain smiled nervously at Marcus, and for a few tense moments nothing happened. Then the sound of the weapon powering down was heard, before it was slid along the floor towards Kal and Vesner.

 

“It was serendipitous that you found us when you did,” Kal lowered his hands now that the disruptor was out of play, “we ran out of water a few days ago and were surviving on – well we were recycling let’s just say.”

 

“And we’ve been out of food for…”

 

“…yes, out of food for some time too,” Kal had curtly cutoff the Ferengi who approached, with panicky hands and arms way up in the air.

 

“This is my Quartermaster, Qort. Put your arms down Qort, the man isn't going to shoot you, he's Star Fleet," now the captain turned back to Vesner, "Please, tell me you have some way off of the planet? Our lifepod was only built for a one-way trip."

 

 


  • 0

#62 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.17 @ 11:10 (11:10 AM)

Zaira acknowledged both Brother/Sister with a nod, when they were the first to respond to her general order to do another scan in regards to the occupants of the downed craft. Then her attention shifted towards Apocrypha as the science middie reported the latest information from the sensors.
 
Absorbing the information as to them being within the eye of the storm and that it should remain intact which could only be good news for them, in terms of their rescue mission. That was until she was then informed of the possibility that a second eye wall could develop, the reasons why and how if this did happen, they only had fifteen minutes before they lost visibility and more importantly contact with those outside.
 
" Understood Mr Apocrypha, keep monitoring the situation and inform me immediately if this should change" she said, knowing that either way, she would need to warn Marcus and Starr about it. 
 
However before she could open a channel, there was a call from her husband.
 
[Vesner to Morgan and Starr I am fine. I have made contact with the leader of our new friends after a very warm welcome, almost too warm actually. I am speaking to their Captain Yverade Kal as we speak please stand by.]
 
It was certainly reassuring to hear his voice and also a relief to hear that he had found the survivors. Holding off for a moment before saying anything as Brother spoke to her.
 
“…I can confirm Lieutenant Commander Vesner’s statement; new scans show five humanoids not including our own; two females, Hekaran and Ktarian, and three males: Yridian, Ferengi, and a Nausicaan.”
 
" Thank you, Ensign, perhaps the initial scans weren't able to pick up that information until now but at least we know that we have more people to rescue".
Zaira then looked towards Sister as she spoke next.
 
“Sensors also identified the Nausicaan as having discharged a disrupter weapon. No one appears to have suffered injury because of it.”
 
" That's good to know, thank you".
 
Zaira then responded to Marcus and also included Starr in the comm.
 
[Morgan to Vesner & Starr, Be advised that there is a possibility of a second eye wall heading in our direction and if it does hit, we only have fifteen minutes before we lose both visibility and comms, I recommend that you both return to the Dysprosium, with our five guests as soon as possible]
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#63 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.17 @ 11:45 (11:45 AM)

Starr looked up as he felt the shadows loom and the chill within the air.  That's just great.  We'll need to get a move on.

 

[Starr to Vesner and Morgan, I think that eyewall is coming in Doctor, the weather is starting to change and things are getting dark out here. Vesner, if we don't do something soon we're going to lose visibility and comms from the dysprosium, the storm's not going to be long, the sky's getting dark out here.] 

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#64 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.18 @ 21:37 (09:37 PM)

Marcus visibly relaxed after the Nausicaan disarmed himself tossing the rifle out.

"It sounds like it was indeed good timing. It is unfortunate to hear that you had to start resorting to extremes to survive, but that should be over now."

Out walked the Ferengi quartermaster next with hands raised further detailing the supply situation.

"Yes yes, put your hands down." Marcus echoed their captain. "I will not shoot."

The captain turned back to Vesner, "Please, tell me you have some way off of the planet? Our lifepod was only built for a one-way trip."

"Yes Captain we have a small ship we brought down to the surface for a rescue. Just one moment.." Marcus was saying as Morgan and then Starr piped in over the com.

S#$T sounds like things are going south with this weather quickly.

"All right Captain sounds like this weather is taking a really nasty turn and our chance to get out of here is down to minutes. Can you and all your people follow me now or do some of you need assistance?"

Not waiting for the reply Marcus called in his nearby assistance.

[Vesner to Starr can you move up here ASAP we may need help moving these people out.]

==Tag Starr. Gm input: Are the captain and his people ready, able and willing to begin following Marcus back to the ship?==
  • 0

#65 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.18 @ 22:20 (10:20 PM)

[Acknowledged, sir] Starr replied.  He tapped his commbadge one more time to inform the Dysprosium of the developments [Starr to Dysprosium, I'm heading into the building as well, things are getting cold out here, might want to check those weather forecasts again.  I don't think we're going to have hours.]

 

Starr enters the building and followed the tracks left behind by Marcus to join him halfway with the rest of the survivors.  He didn't mention anything about the blood in the escape pod and thought that would be best done when they were safe.  Keeping his weapon holstered, he approached Vesner and joined the rest of the group.  

 

==Tag Vesner.  GM Input: If the group is already moving when Starr meets them, his keeping watch from the back of the group for anything coming out behind them, and any trouble from the gathered group of survivors.==


  • 0

#66 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.19 @ 06:46 (06:46 AM)

== Apocrypha ==

 

The previously open eye of the cyclone had now completely closed over with clouds, though the wind was still calm – for the moment.

 

Whatever heat was being generated in the inland sea was driving the eyewall replacement cycle rapidly. Winds were estimated to increase once the new pinhole eye formed: models predicted sustained winds stronger than 500 kilometers per hour.

 

Worse still, with the sudden change, vortexes were beginning to appear. The computer flashed a tornado warning, as 14 separate funnel clouds were detected in the immediate vicinity of the Dysprosium and Away Team.

 

The only good news was that the tornadoes would drain energy from the main storm, giving the Away Team and Dysprosium 20 minutes at most before winds reached peak airspeed.

 

 

== Vesner and Starr ==

 

“I'm not sure, I'll get them moving though,” Kal turned back to his people and began barking orders. Unfortunately, due to the survival conditions they had endured, they were lethargic and exhausted.

 

“Excuse me,” Qort approached Marcus,

 

“But, we have a large container, just over there. It has a significant profit value that we will need to bring with us if we ever hope to lease a new freighter. I am too weak… all of us are at this point. I don’t suppose you and your Star Fleet friend would help our Nausicaan ahhhh, security person, drag it to your ship?”

 

Starr arrived to see that no progress had really been made to get the people moving, and had overheard the last bit of Qort’s request.

 

Of the five survivors, only the Nausicaan really seemed fit to move at any pace. The Hekaran, who held the 13 year old Ktarian girl in her arms, struggled with the weight despite the girl clutching her as if she would never let go. Every word the Yridian or Ferengi spoke made the little girl recoil and flinch into the nape of the Hekaran’s neck.

 

== So far, other than the survivors that they found, there were no other detectable lifesigns in the structure. However, the group hasn’t even made it out of the room they were discovered in yet. ==


Edited by GM-19, Star Date 21905.19 @ 06:47 (06:47 AM).

  • 0

#67 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.19 @ 14:11 (02:11 PM)

When Starr saw the Ktarian child, his thoughts were on her straight away.  Seeing the Hekaran struggle with her weight, and knowing how the conditions were outside.  Simon walked over to those two first.  Simon approached the Hekaran and the Girl in her arms.

 

"Hey, I'm Simon - what's your name?" he asks the child in a calm and friendly voice.

 

==GM Input: How do they both respond to Simon's approach - trying to get the girl to calm down a little, with the aim of getting her to trust Starr to carry her==


  • 0

#68 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.19 @ 19:05 (07:05 PM)

The initial phase of the evacuation was progressing far to slowly for Marcus' liking. The survivors were simply too weak and lethargic from their recent lack of food and water.

[Vesner to Morgan. Any chance we can get some help moving these people they are all quite weak and dehydrated?]

Just as Marcus finished speaking with Morgan he saw Starr arrive and begin assisting a with a mother and child.

“Excuse me,” Qort approached Marcus,

“But, we have a large container, just over there. It has a significant profit value that we will need to bring with us if we ever hope to lease a new freighter. I am too weak… all of us are at this point. I don’t suppose you and your Star Fleet friend would help our Nausicaan ahhhh, security person, drag it to your ship?”

Marcus turned from the rest of the slowly organizing group.

"Qort was it? Listen I am not insensitive to your need for profit and perhaps to acquire a new ship, but cargo is definitely not our priority right now. I will see if perhaps we can beam it to the ship or somehow pick it up when everyone is safe. For right now though if you are able please have your Nausicaan friend help those less able, time is short. We must start to move towards the ship."

Pausing a moment Marcus checked to see if the group was ready to start moving yet, while at the same time trying to discreetly scan the contents of the so called important cargo container.

"Out of curiosity what exactly is in this cargo container, could we perhaps break it down into something easier to move?" Marcus asked Qort innocently, the reactions he was seeing causing him some concern about the cargoes contents, but not wanting to tip his hand.

==Tag Morgan, Starr. Gm input: Is the group almost ready to move? Are they able to move or will more help be required to get them to the ship? How does Qort react to Marcus' questioning about and choice to leave the cargo behind?==
  • 0

#69 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.19 @ 19:30 (07:30 PM)

[Starr to Vesner and Morgan, I think that eyewall is coming in Doctor, the weather is starting to change and things are getting dark out here. Vesner, if we don't do something soon we're going to lose visibility and comms from the dysprosium, the storm's not going to be long, the sky's getting dark out here.]
 
A joint comm from Starr, only confirmed her worst fears as to how quickly the second eyewall was catching up to their position. 
 
[Morgan to Starr, understood, get back as soon as you all can]
 
Zaira knew that she already had their science Middie monitoring things in terms of the storm but still wouldn't rest easily until Marcus, Starr and the five others were safely back inside the Dysprosium. 
 
Looking over at Lieutenant Greenfield. " Lieutenant, have us prepared for departure once the others are back on board" she ordered, hoping that they would be able to leave without any major problems.
 
[Vesner to Morgan. Any chance we can get some help moving these people they are all quite weak and dehydrated?]
 
Then as she heard her husband and learned the current status of the five people they had found, the CMO understood the need to help in anyway that they could. 
 
[Morgan to Vesner, acknowledged and standby, I'm going to see if we can beam you all out]
 
Addressing those on the Bridge. "What are our options people?, are we able to lock onto and beam them out?, especially with the second eyewall approaching fast?".
 
Of course the CMO was worried, especially for her husband, however her focus was on getting them out of there and leaving this awful place as soon as possible. 
 
== Tags ==

Edited by LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner, Star Date 21905.19 @ 19:30 (07:30 PM).

  • 0

#70 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.20 @ 01:46 (01:46 AM)

== Brother and Sister ==

 

== With Mid Apochrypha ==

 

"What are our options people?..." Morgan requested:

 

"...are we able to lock onto and beam them out?, especially with the second eyewall approaching fast?"

 

"Checking now Commander." Sister stated calling up the transporter controls to her station.

 

Her sibling was busy keeping track of the now seven souls, Starr and Vesner, the Star Fleet Officers, the three males and two females. The Dysprosium's transporter room contained four materialiation pads...

 

...which means if all things go optimal, will require two sets of transport...

 

"Our window of eyewall stability is closing..." the young Science Officer added:

 

"...twenty minutes at best. And its a damn shame that I'm the one carrying the isolinear tags, not much use here..."

 

"Perhaps we can beam the tags over to the team and the others..." Brother stated:

 

"...otherwise one of us will have to hoof it over to their location. I will volunteer myself."

 

Both siblings were in very good physical shape and Brother had a bit of an edge in speed and endurance. Between the twins, Brother was the most logical choice...

 

"If transporting becomes difficult..." Sister continued:

 

"...I can go down deck and operate the transporter from there?"

 

The last was a question for Morgan to decide.

 

== GM Input: Can Sister achieve transport lock on Vesner, Starr and the stranded five other beings?

If troublesome, Sister will procure the isolinear tags from Apochrypha and bring them to the transporter room and prep to beam them to coordinates supplied by Vesner and/or Starr. ==


  • 0

#71 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.20 @ 11:08 (11:08 AM)

It was good that they had indeed found survivors, under normal circumstances this would be a routine search and evacuation. Unfortunately, these were not normal circumstances. They would soon be losing the storm's eyewall and storm could cause some major issues not just with the search and rescue operation but getting off the planet.

 

He nodded to the Chief Medical Officer about getting the ship ready for departure. As he was moving back towards the helm, Simon turned to the Chief Medical Officer who was in charge of the mission and said.

 

"Commander, the best option might be to have everyone stay in shelter and wait out the storm. Once this storm passes then we can get everyone back on board. And it would be a lot easier not having to fly through that storm."

 

== Tag Commander Morgan-Vesner ==


  • 0

#72 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.21 @ 07:10 (07:10 AM)

== Starr ==

 

The Hekaran smiled at Simon’s attempt to be friendly with the child, but his words only caused the little one to tighten her grip and attempt to bury her face deeper.

 

“Sorry, she’s a little,” there was a pause, as the Hekaran’s eyes darted between Kal, Qort, and the Nausicaan, “shy. My name is Messia, and this is Vissi. Her parents, well, they aren’t here anymore.”

 

Even to someone untrained, the hesitancy and anxiety in her answers would be obvious.

 

“Since everything that happened, Vissi hasn’t been more than an arm’s length away from me. She also hasn’t said a word.”

 

The girl simply snuggled in, ignoring the world beyond the safety of Messia’s arms.

 

 

 

== Vesner ==

 

The response that Marcus gave was obviously not the answer that the quartermaster wanted to hear, and it showed in his face. But when the security officer started asking questions about the contents of the container, the face went from a scowl to instant dread.

 

“Oh, ah, no. No. No we can’t open it up. Its ahhh. Its sealed. Yes. Hermetically sealed. Some alloy I don’t know the name of that oxidizes in air. Very rare, very expensive.”

 

Qort was both upset and anxious, and even as he spoke, his gaze kept jumping back to the Kal.

 

“You are sure there is no other way? Perhaps…” the Ferengi lowered his voice, “…a deal could be made?”

 

As for the rest of the group, they again were no closer to moving out than before. Starr seemed to be trying to make some headway with the Hekaran and child, but even Vesner noticed the anxiety from a distance as she spoke with Simon.

 

It was almost certain that the group would need more help than Marcus and Simon could give by themselves.

 

 

 

== Brother and Sister with Apocrypha ==

 

Sister managed to achieve a transporter lock, though the signal resolution was low, at only 49%. That would be a simple fix with the isolinear tags, however the computer also came back with an error,

 

[Matter stream unable to be resolved. Transporter use is not advisable].

 

An extended sensor scan revealed that the building was reinforced with a relatively thin layer of Victurium alloy, which destabilized transporter signals. Isolinear tags in conjunction with pattern enhancers would likely solve the issue, but beaming them to the location had the potential of failing - the matter stream might degrade too much.


  • 0

#73 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.21 @ 07:24 (07:24 AM)

== Dysprosium ==

 

A message from LCdr Shione Kurasa came through to the Dysprosium loud and clear with the help of a boosted signal,

 

[Copernicus to Dysprosium; your escape window is narrowing quickly; you need to get everyone off there now, acknowledge reception Dysprosium.]


Edited by GM-19, Star Date 21905.21 @ 07:24 (07:24 AM).

  • 0

#74 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.21 @ 09:51 (09:51 AM)

As Brother/Sister and Greenfield acknowledged what she had said, then gave their suggestions in regards to their current predicament in helping Marcus, Starr and the others before the storm hit. Zaira thought each one of them over, especially with still having the isolinear tags on board as well as the fact they had approximately twenty minutes until they lost visibility and comms. 
 
It also left her with a lot of what if's to consider as they didn't have a lot of time, even if either transport was successful or Brother was able to reach the others with the tags. Then there was the issue of whether they would actually make it out of here in one piece. 
 
She had to do what was best for everyone and the possibility of them all taking shelter and waiting out the storm together, seemed to be their best option at the moment. 
 
" Let's see if the transport is successful first, if not and with the amount of time we have left, we might have no other option but to wait out the storm and go from there".
 
Then another familiar voice was heard over the comm. 
 
[Copernicus to Dysprosium; your escape window is narrowing quickly; you need to get everyone off there now, acknowledge reception Dysprosium.]
 
If only things were going to be that simple but at least it was reassuring to know that the Copernicus was also monitoring things.
 
[Dysprosium to Copernicus, acknowledged, we have five survivors and we're currently attempting to bring them and our two Security Officer's back on board, however given our short escape window, we may have no choice but to wait out the storm, will keep you updated]
 
Zaira could only hope that the return message got through to the ship as she waited to see if they would be successful or not in their rescue attempt. 
 
== Tags, GM input, does Zaira's message get through to the Copernicus? ==

  • 0

#75 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.21 @ 11:40 (11:40 AM)

Starr nodded towards Messia as she spoke.  He could also see the strain in her face from carrying the child for so long.

 

"We need to be ready to get out of here, and it looks like your struggling to hold her.  Our ship isn't far from here," Simon responds. He noticed the look towards the three other companions and made a mental note.  He positioned himself so that Vissi wouldn't have to look at the three of them to see Simon and gave a slight nod toward the Hekaran when she gave the look.  He also thought about asking about it when they were safe, and everyone was out of earshot. 

 

Simon then turned his attention back to Vissi, and continued in his child-friendly tone.

 

"Hello Vissi, my name is Simon.  We are here to get everybody safe, including your friend, Messia here,"  he said to the little girl.  "I can see you have been holding on for a long time, but the man talking to the other people and I are only here to make sure you all get out safely," Simon said, while making sure that if Vissi were to look up at him, she wouldn't see the other three people.  While keeping eye-level with the girl, he looked up towards Messia once more "She seems to trust you the most, how long has she been like this?" he asked to get an idea of how long ago the trauma the girl had obviously suffered happened.

 

==GM Input: How do both the Hekaran and the girl respond to Simon's questions and actions?==


  • 0

#76 Capt Jane Fields

Capt Jane Fields

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1394 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.21 @ 16:18 (04:18 PM)

== I believe I warned you about Fields' hatred of counsellors :D ==

 

The bizarre outcome of the internal situation was that a dog was running around with some sort of dampening collar on… and next it was a cat too.

 

“Whomever is responsible for this is going to the brig! This is a military vessel not a circus!” She snapped.

 

Such distractions could cost lives. With the situation earlier and now this, she was wondering just what the academy was churning out these days.

 

Of course, inevitably, the planet side situation was deteriorating quickly and Talion recommended launching the Dys immediately.

 

“Fields to Dysprosium: You are to get the ship off the ground immediately! How close are you to getting everyone on board?”

 

== Tag and GM for comms ==


  • 0

#77 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.22 @ 00:08 (12:08 AM)

== All comm traffic to and from the Dysprosium is able to go through, until otherwise specified ;) ==

 

 

== Starr ==

 

Vissi gave Simon only a brief, tiny peek from the shoulder of her caretaker as he talked to her.

 

“Ever since the crash, not before but after. There were more of us. I can’t say more right now,” Messia was incredibly nervous, tucking her own chin down toward the child.

 

Then she swished the child back and forth while making comforting ‘shhh’ sounds.

 

 

 

== Dysprosium ==

 

Captain Field’s voice could clearly be heard responding over comms,

 

[Fields to Dysprosium: You are to get the ship off the ground immediately! How close are you to getting everyone on board?]

 

 


  • 0

#78 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.22 @ 00:24 (12:24 AM)

"I agree, right now we have more pressing matters to deal with. Like getting you somewhere safe," he said - guessing it had something to do with the blood he saw in the shuttle.  He didn't jump to any conclusions, but his time in law enforcement couldn't help but wonder what the human blood was doing there, with no signs of humans on the planet.  He considered his next moves. 

 

"Well, things are getting rough outside again, and if we don't leave soon then we might have to wait a little while as the storm passes over and we get another window of opportunity.  You look like your struggling with Vissi there," he turned to the child not looking at him again. 

 

"OK, Vissi, you have been really brave so far from what I see, but I need you to keep being brave, OK? We will do our best to get you out of here as quickly as we can," he gave a soft warm smile as he spoke, and tried to keep his tone comforting and reassuring as he said the words. 

 

"It looks like your looking after Vissi well, Messia.  Is this everyone that is down here?" he asked Messia, indicating the group.  He knew there were no other lifesigns upon scanning, but he always double checked, especially with the planet's aversion to sensors.

 

==GM Input: Does Messia confirm our readings and that we have everyone gathered here?==


Edited by Mid Simon Starr, Star Date 21905.22 @ 00:24 (12:24 AM).

  • 0

#79 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:06 (03:06 AM)

Messia nodded at Simon’s question as she started to cough.

 

“I have to put you down,” she said to Vissi, choking back tears from holding in the coughing in, “stay close to him.”

 

Messia had pointed to Starr as if to emphasize, before coughing again and much more severely, as her complexion paled. Simon wasn’t sure if it was just a tickle in her throat, or maybe the stress of everything got to her. As she went to one knee, Starr swore he could see her lips turn the faintest hue of blue, just before she retched. Then Messia collapsed onto the dust covered floor.

 

Vissi started crying, though made no sound as she watched her caretaker fall.


  • 0

#80 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:14 (03:14 AM)

Simon was taken aback when Messia collapsed, he attempted to catch her to at least ease her fall so she didn't get any head injuries from the fall.  He had basic first aid training, but was no doctor himself.  He knew his tricorder wouldn't be able to give full details, but he did use it to get a baseline reading to see if there were any odd signs, and tapped his commbadge.

 

[Starr to Doctor Morgan, we've got a medical situation developing here - lips are starting to turn blue and threw up.  She isn't looking too good] 

 

Turning to Vissi, Starr took a position near the girl that didn't feel like he was violating her space, but did put himself between the child and the other three members of the group that Vesner and Starr found, especially since the Messia gave some uncomfortable looks in their direction, he continued scanning and was specifically looking to see if she had been potentially poisoned.

 

==GM Input: Does Starr's tricorder detect any signs of foreign agents in the system that could be constituted as dangerous?==


  • 0

#81 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:16 (03:16 AM)

Simon frowned when he heard the news that they didn't have much time before the storm would be on them. Timing is running out.

 

He then heard the Captain's voice over the comm system

 

[Fields to Dysprosium: You are to get the ship off the ground immediately! How close are you to getting everyone on board?]

 

So much for sheltering in place. Looks like the Captain wants us out of here ASAP.

 

Regardless of what happened Simon decided that the Dysprosium would ready to go as soon as everyone was back aboard. He readied the ship for immediate departure, engines were started and he was prepared to make a quick takeoff.

 

I have a feeling this is going to be a close one.


  • 0

#82 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:19 (03:19 AM)

== Starr ==

 

Despite it not being a medical tricorder, it did pickup fairly substantial heavy metal dust in her lungs.


  • 0

#83 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:27 (03:27 AM)

Starr put himself down to Vissi's level and said to her. "I need to show this to my friend over there, OK? Will you be a brave girl and keep an eye on Messia for me? If anything happens before I arrive, come and get me OK? Starr walked up to Vesner, while keeping himself between the girl and the other three individuals in a nonchalant way, with the information he had just gathered.  On his way over to Vesner, he checked to see if the metal dust that was affecting the woman was in the local atmosphere also, or if there was a concentrated source to work out if it was environmental or deliberate.

 

"Sir, I have something you might want to look at," he said quietly to Vesner, and showed him the tricorder readings showing the heavy metal dust in the readings,"

 

==Tags (I meant to tag Morgan in that previous post as well).  GM Input: Does Starr detect any other source of the metal dust in Messia's system?==


Edited by Mid Simon Starr, Star Date 21905.23 @ 03:35 (03:35 AM).

  • 0

#84 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 05:37 (05:37 AM)

Marcus nearly cursed, things were going poorly with the rescue and now it seemed he had some sort of criminal or at least sketchy issue with the Ferengi and Nausicaan to deal with.

Perhaps I should play along for now? I can't afford to start a fight with everything else going on. Can't believe I am thinking this, but just maybe I should take a deal? I could use some underworld connections in the search for my parents.

Marcus lowered his voice to the same level as Qort before answering. "I think we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. I need some help finding smugglers near the Romulan neutral zone could you help with that or perhaps money?" Marcus tried to sound convincing enough to stave off a fight at least until they found a safe way for everyone to get out of here.

[Vesner to Morgan I am afraid it doesn't look like we can move these people out of here without help.]

Just as Marcus was finishing his hail one of the rescuees fell to the floor and Starr called in a medical, before heading Marcus' way.

Marcus looked at the readings Starr was showing him and then quickly pulled him aside just out of easy earshot.

"Interesting! There is definitely something odd going on here and they are very protective of that crate." Marcus pinted at the crate in question. "That being said we need to just keep everyone calm until we get out of here safely and then we can deal with whatever is going on."

"Keep me posted on your patient, I need to get back to the Ferengi and Morgan and try and get us all out of here. Keep your eyes peeled for dangerous behavior though, we may have to deal with crate situations whether we like it or not.

==Tag, Morgan, Starr GM input: How does Qort react to Marcus's new more favorable approach?==
  • 0

#85 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.23 @ 13:23 (01:23 PM)

== thank you GM :) ==
 
With the transporter situation still unknown as to whether they could bring the others aboard or not. Zaira knew that they didn't have a lot of other options and was on the verge of ordering everyone to suit up, ready to wait the storm out. That was until another comm came through from the Copernicus this time from the Captain.
 
[Fields to Dysprosium: You are to get the ship off the ground immediately! How close are you to getting everyone on board?]
 
Again it was easier said than done, when they were currently trying to help Marcus and Starr with the survivors who clearly weren't able to move with their own volition. This was further confirmed as Marcus then hailed her again, followed by Starr's request for Medical due to a situation that had developed, that involved the lips turning blue and vomiting.
 
It now looked as though they had a race against the clock, to aid the person who had become ill and get everyone back, in order to leave the planet, without getting too battered by the approaching eyewall. 
 
This left the CMO with no choice but to have Brother go out as he had suggested before with the isolinear tags in the hope it would work and so they could also deal with medical emergency.
 
" Brother, suit up quickly, take the isolinear tags with you, Mr Apochrypha, go with him and get there asap as we don't have a lot of time".
Zaira then contacted the Copernicus.
 
"Morgan to Copernicus, acknowledged, we've encountered a medical emergency with one of the survivors and none appear to be able to move without help, steps have been taking to resolve this so we can get everyone back on board as quickly as possible with the time we have remaining".
 
The Commander wished that she could of told Fields that everything was fine and that everyone had been rescued but unfortunately, all odds appeared to be against them.
 
She then sent out a comm to Marcus and Starr.
 
[Morgan to Vesner & Starr, help is on it's way and should be with you asap]
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#86 Capt Jane Fields

Capt Jane Fields

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1394 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.24 @ 20:48 (08:48 PM)

The Captain replied over the comm:

 

[You will need to be ready to get airborne as soon as the storm hits - no matter whether they are aboard or not. Whom have you found down there?]


  • 0

#87 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 01:52 (01:52 AM)

== Marcus ==

 

“Yes, of course!” Qort smiled large, but then reverted his voice back to a whisper.

 

“Anything, yes. We may know… ah… we can contact people who know smugglers near the neutral zone. Of course. Good good. I will tell the Captain.”

 

Qort excitedly rubbed his hands as he walked away.

 

 

 

== Starr and Mr. Vesner ==

 

The tricorder confirmed that it was fine particulate osmium and iridium dust – the same that coated the floor and was found in the atmosphere.

 

Vissi approached Starr, her eyes puffy and wet from crying, as she pulled at his pant leg for attention. The moment Simon looked down she pointed to Messia. Her caretaker was now seizing, with pink frothy sputum coming out of her mouth.

 

“Star Fleet!” the freighter Captain called out, as the Nausicaan had also collapsed to the floor.

 

 

 

== Dysprosium ==

 

Sensors detected that two tornadoes had touched down. One EF2 tornado was located 50km to the North of the Dysprosium. Its movement was on a West by North-West path, so it likely wouldn’t affect the ship, survivors, or away team members.

 

The other, an EF5 tornado, also touched down - the center of which was only 25km East of the Dysprosium. The tornado was large, approximately 4.5km in diameter with max wind speeds of 544km/h. Its path was Westerly, with a slightly southern lean, and its movement was an incredible 125km/h.


  • 0

#88 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 03:17 (03:17 AM)

He went down to Vissi's height as she pulled on his pant leg, and looked over at Messia just after receiving the readings, he saw her getting worse.

 

"We need to get them out of here, sir.  Something in the atmosphere looks like it's causing them to fall ill," Starr said to Vesner. 

 

As he was speaking, he saw the Nausicaan then collapse, and scanned him to make sure it was the same thing that seemed to be affecting him.

 

==GM Input: Does the scan reveal the same particles, also - a point of clarification: are the survivors wearing EV suits already?==


Edited by Mid Simon Starr, Star Date 21905.25 @ 03:17 (03:17 AM).

  • 0

#89 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 05:37 (05:37 AM)

== Scans would reveal the same particles, and none of the survivors are wearing EV suits. ==


  • 0

#90 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 05:55 (05:55 AM)

== Dysprosium ==

 

== Brother ==

 

Morgan ordered:

 

"Brother, suit up quickly, take the isolinear tags with you, Mr. Apochrypha, go with him and get there asap as we don't have a lot of time".

 

“Acknowledged Commander.” Brother responded.

 

“Aye sir.” The Science Officer said and bolted from his seat handing off a bag of tags to Doctor Brother as the new pair made their way to the EV suits.

 

Sister transferred Science input to her console and worked on setting up remote transporter controls to her station…

 

== Deck 2 ==

 

Apocrypha, having been newly minted from the Academy, was actually quite fast at getting into EV suits and the real exercise of the mission, proved no different…

 

“I really excelled at this…” Sonny said smiling; suited up and then offered Brother a hand finishing up his suiting up.

 

Next, the pair extracted their tricorders (one Medical, one Science), and homed in on Vesner’s and Starr’s position. They traveled at a heightened pace…

 

== GM input: Do Brother and Apocrypha make it to Vesner and/or Starr’s position? If yes, they will hand out isolinear tags to each individual.

 

Also, Sister is setting up transporter operation controls to her station. Is this successful? ==


  • 0

#91 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 10:21 (10:21 AM)

Brother and their science Middie, quickly responded to her order and as they moved off to get suited up and take what they needed to help the rest of the team. Zaira could only hope that this would work as they were running out of options and time. 
 
They were already under a lot of pressure, what with the approaching storm and trying to get the survivors back to the Dysprosium. However the Mission Leader was definitely feeling it more especially when the Captain replied to her comm. 
 
[You will need to be ready to get airborne as soon as the storm hits - no matter whether they are aboard or not. Whom have you found down there?]
 
Zaira understood the need to be ready once on the storm hit, but she didn't like the idea of leaving anyone behind, orders or not. They had been sent here for a reason and she wasn't about to abandon those of her team who were out there or the five people relying on them for help. 
 
This was one of those situations that tore at every fibre of not only her conscience but also her oath as a Doctor and she had to give them a chance. 
 
For now, she answered the Captain in order to acknowledge and inform her of the people they had found.
 
"Understood, as for those we have found, both scans and those of my team who are with them, confirm that there is two females, Hekaran and Ktarian, and three males, Nausicaan, Yridian and Ferengi".
 
The CMO then paused the comm for a moment to contact the four from the Dysprosium.
 
[Morgan to away team, we have orders from the Captain to depart as soon as the storm hits, do everything you can to get back to the Dysprosium immediately]
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#92 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.25 @ 11:32 (11:32 AM)

Hearing the comms come through, Simon sighed.  He knew they had to get out of there, and fast.  But at the same time, he also didn't know how long it would be before the rest of the survivors would be unconscious in the toxic atmosphere they found themselves in.

 

[Starr to Dysprosium, the survivors are not in protection and starting to fall ill from the atmosphere, we have got our second survivor who's collapsed - and the rest probably will not be too far behind, we need those extra survival suits if these guys are going to make it.] 

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#93 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.26 @ 22:01 (10:01 PM)

== Brother / Apocrypha ==

 

If the giant tornado behind them wasn’t enough, the visual of the primary eyewall dissipating confirmed the rapidly deteriorating weather conditions. Travelling at a heightened pace was a very, very good idea.

 

Crossing the terrain wasn’t an issue, though the various weather changes were starting to kick up dust from the ground. Visibility would become very limited in short order.

 

The tricorders were able to help them get to the structure, and once inside it became easier to track Vesner and Starr’s location.

 

As they arrived on the scene, the Hekaran woman had stopped flailing from a seizure, and laid on the ground motionless. The Nausicaan however, was still coughing heavily, spitting pink sputum up as he did so.

 

The Yridian and Ferengi, along with the Ktarian girl seemed to be doing fine for the moment. The girl was still clutching to Starr’s pant leg, and was silently crying so hard she had broken some blood vessels near her eyes. The Ferengi and Yridian were trying to assist the Nausicaan, taking both of them to give support.

 

 

== Sister ==

 

Success. Transporter controls appeared on the LCARS panel, with the error warning still appearing for the moment.


  • 0

#94 LCdr Marcus Vesner

LCdr Marcus Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 685 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.27 @ 06:16 (06:16 AM)

“Yes, of course!” Qort smiled large, but then reverted his voice back to a whisper.

“Anything, yes. We may know… ah… we can contact people who know smugglers near the neutral zone. Of course. Good good. I will tell the Captain.”

Qort excitedly rubbed his hands as he walked away.

Marcus sighed with some relief that at least one of his many problems seemed contained, if only for the time being. The feeling of relief did not last though as a young girl approached crying her guardian frothing at the mouth and that was then quickly followed by the Nausicaan collapsing.

"We need to get them out of here, sir.  Something in the atmosphere looks like it's causing them to fall ill," Starr said to Vesner. 

"Agreed!" Marcus turned to Starr. "But how? We can't carry them and they cannot move themselves."

Marcus was at a loss and so he simply tried to help the captain and ferengi with the collapsed
Nausicaan , but luckily it wasn't long before help arrived.

Marcus quickly went to greet the two new arriving crewman at the door to the room they were in.

"Brother I am glad to see you." Marcus said recognizing the doctor.

"We have two rescuees down a woman over there and the Nausicaan. I believe the woman is in the worst shape, though none of the survivors are healthy. Dehydration and something in the air seem to have made them all sick. Any ideas from the ship on helping us to get out of here?"

==Tag Starr, Brother Apocrypha==
  • 0

#95 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.29 @ 06:39 (06:39 AM)

== Outside ==

 

== Mid Apocrypha and Ens Brother ==

 

The pair had hustled towards Vesner, Starr and the stranded survivors. The dust had limited their visual acuity, but their tricorders kept them on track and notification of what the swirling bits of dust were composed of...

 

[Good thing we’re covered…!] the excitable Science Officer exclaimed from his EV suit comm…

 

[…dangerous, toxic levels of heavy metal dust…]

 

[Understood…] Doctor Brother replied…

 

[…tag everyone and then begin beam outs to the Dys.]

 

[Aye Doctor.] Sonny agreed.

 

As they arrived on the scene, Commander Vesner rushed over and announced:

 

"Brother I am glad to see you."

 

[Yes sir…] the Medic replied neutrally.

 

Fortunately, both Vesner and Starr appeared able bodied.

 

"We have two rescuees down a woman over there and the Nausicaan.” Vesner continued:

 

“I believe the woman is in the worst shape, though none of the survivors are healthy. Dehydration and something in the air seem to have made them all sick. Any ideas from the ship on helping us to get out of here?"

 

[…Mid Apocrypha and I have isolinear tags. We’ll beam the worst casualties to Dys first.]

 

Brother and the young human male Science Officer were in full EV suit gear, yet their faces could be seen easily enough.

 

A Hekaran female had just gone still from a seizure, Brother made a scan and placed a tag on the woman…[Brother to Dysprosium emergency beam out for iso tag…]

 

Sister’s voice responded to the comm:

 

[Negative Brother, the facility has a thin layer of Victurium alloy…]

 

[That means transport signals become unstable…] Apocrypha jumped in…

 

[…iso-tags aren’t enough, we’ll need pattern enhancers.]

 

[Affirmative, Mr. Apocrypha, but the enhancers may not materialize at your location…]

 

[What if I set a triangle of iso tags to use as a poor man’s enhancer? Try and beam an the real thing between them.]

 

There just wasn’t much time left…

 

 

 

== GM Input:

 

Depending on the status of the Hekaran woman, if she’s dead, no immediate action with her; if still showing life signs, Brother will setup a hypo to address heavy metal poisoning, a solution of vitamin C and a mineral replacement solution (to bind the heavy elements in the blood so as to make begin making it inert) and inject her…and then he will setup additional injections for the exposed individuals.

 

For Sister:

 

Does the Dysprosium have pattern enhancers in a cabinet somewhere?

 

==


  • 0

#96 LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

LCdr Zaira Morgan-Vesner

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.29 @ 13:02 (01:02 PM)

[Starr to Dysprosium, the survivors are not in protection and starting to fall ill from the atmosphere, we have got our second survivor who's collapsed - and the rest probably will not be too far behind, we need those extra survival suits if these guys are going to make it.]
 
The news from Starr was just as alarming as everything else that had happened since arriving on the surface and with Brother and Apocrypha, already en route to the Security officers and survivors. The situation had once again left her with little in the way of options. The storm was practically upon them and unless they were successful in transporting everyone, she might be left with no choice but to suit up herself and attempt to take them over there. 
 
Time was running out and the pressure felt truly overwhelming to ensure that everyone was safe including those who remained on the Dys. Wondering if she could of done anything better but the odds were indeed against them as it wasn't as straightforward as they had hoped. 
 
However she responded to Starr, not wanting him to think that she was ignoring the comm.
 
[Morgan to Starr, acknowledged, Ensign Brother and Mid Apocrypha should be with you now and if this plan doesn't work, then we'll do everything we can to get those suits to your location]
 
Now it became a waiting game, to see if they would be successful in helping those who had collapsed as well as the other survivors. That optimism soon seemed to be short lived as she heard Sister speak with Brother.
 
Wanting to scream in frustration as it appeared that they had another setback due to needing the pattern enhancers. Although given their current circumstances, it wasn't your typical rescue operation and now it was time for them to double their efforts, in order to make it through this.
 
" Please tell me that we have the pattern enhancers because we can't fail now, not when we need to act quickly".
 
== Tags ==

  • 0

#97 Mid Simon Starr

Mid Simon Starr

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.29 @ 18:36 (06:36 PM)

Simon kept an eye on the situation, and the little girl who had been tugging at his leg to see how she was doing, and was relieved when Ensign Brother stepped into the room.  

 

"We've got a couple of people here now who are doctors, they are going to work to keep Messia safe and well.  We're doing everything we can to make sure everyone is safe," Simon told Vissi in a friendly voice, before rejoining Vesner.

 

"I agree, maybe if we can somehow get the pattern enhancers here, we might be able to get something.  Do we know how long it is until that storm picks up again, things seemed to be getting darker when I arrived here." Simon asked the new arrivals.

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#98 Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

Lt (JG) Simon Greenfield

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21905.29 @ 23:55 (11:55 PM)

The Dysprosium,was ready to leave as soon as the word was given. Simon had brought the vessel to up full preparation for departure. Impulse Engines were prepped and ready for a quick exit. He waited nervously as the others were desperately trying to get back to the ship before the storms hit again.

 

He motioned Ensign Parker over from the tactical console to the helm so that he could confer with him.

 

The young Ensign told him about the impending weather, and struggles the Away Team was having trying to get everyone back in time and the need to use pattern enhancers. Simon responded to him, "Get as good as a lock on the pattern enhancers you can, I know you'll want to do things by the book, but sometimes..you just can't. I doubt you will get clear patterns through this interference. Do the best you can, but get them back here fast. Not just their lives are at stake, but everyone aboard this ship as well. You can't risk everyone to save a few. Do you understand what I'm saying?"
 

The young Ensign looked at him for a long moment before nodding, "Yes sir. I understand,"

 

"Good, get back to your post. You got this," Simon reassured him with a smile.

 

Once the young man returned to the tactical console, Simon turned to the Chief Medical Officer. "Commander, once we get everyone aboard, I can get us out of here fast, the ship is prepped and ready. Impulse engines are online and ready to be punched," he informed her.

 

== Tags ==


  • 0

#99 GM-19

GM-19

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 299 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 21905.30 @ 01:50 (01:50 AM)

== Apocrypha and Brother ==

 

The Hekaran had passed out less than a minute before Brother and Apocrypha arrived. She was currently in a state of cardiac arrest and required immediate resuscitation before cerebral hypoxia ensured her demise.

 

Initial scans showed that the heavy metals had contributed to the acute respiratory distress, but were not the culprits themselves. Instead, an oxide of one of the heavy metals – osmium tetroxide – had somehow infiltrated the lungs and exacerbated the growing problem. This is what had caused the pulmonary edema, of which the Nausicaan was suffering the same.

 

Scans indicated that only the Nausicaan and the Hekaran woman had inhaled the osmium tetroxide, and only minute traces could be detected outside the room, near a disruptor rifle.

 

 

== Sister ==

 

As the Dysprosium was larger than shuttlecraft, it had its own supply of pattern enhancers ready. 2 sets of pattern enhancers were ready to go (6 enhancers total).


  • 0

#100 Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

Ens Brother Sister {T'Prell}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted Star Date 21905.30 @ 05:56 (05:56 AM)

== Inside structure ==

 

== Brother ==

 

[She's in cardiac arrest...] the medic stated, regarding the condition of the Hekaran woman...

 

...and just as Brother was going to call out for the defibrillator, the young Science Officer had it out of the medkit case and handed it over to him...

 

[...thanks.] Brother replied...

 

...as he began the setup of the device and the subsequent cutting of the woman's upper torso clothing so that he could apply the shock pads directly to her skin (the pads already primed with a conductive ointment), one just above her right pectorial muscle the other on the left side torso above the waist, about three fingers. The discharge would go across and through the chest...

 

Apocrypha then positioned an oxygen generator/resperator device at the woman's nose so that her blood would oxygenate quickly (but holding off the flow until a heartbeat is detected)...

 

The adrogenous medic kept his focus on his patient...

 

[Alright, stand clear everyone...]

 

...the high pitch charging circuit wistled its reaching its nomial discharge capacity. Brother set it to the lowest typical Joule setting. Hekarans had nearly Klingon level cranial ridge structures, but the species was otherwise very simlar to humans...

 

[Clear!]

 

Pzzzat! Thump!

 

 

== Apocrypha ==

 

As Doctor Brother went about his attempt to resusitate the female, Starr asked about the patern enhancers and the weather conditions....

 

[If you would...] the Science Officer stood up and address Starr:

 

[...here's a bag of iso-tags, setup three of them in a trinagle in as open a space away from ourselves as practical, then call on Sister to transport a pair of ennhancers to the the tags coordinates. As for the weather, we have about ten minutes before the eye collapses.]

 

The Science officer let the statement stand. If they couldn't accomplish the evac before then, they would be guests of the raging windy planet. He then went about conducting some additional tricorder scans and noted high levels of osmium tetroxide in the downed woman, the Nausicaan, and a trace of the stuff, outside the room near a disrupter rifle...

 

[Comamander Vesner...] Apocrypha addressed the Senior Security Officer...

 

[...our two stricken persons are suffering from osmium tetroxide inhalation poisoning, a possible souce might be from a disrupter weapon located outside of this room. I'll go ahead and fine tune Doctor Brother's hypo for this specific compound.]

 

 

== Dysprosium ==

 

== Sister ==

 

...finally! Something positive...!

 

The Escort craft had a compliment of six enhancers, and two were ready to go.

 

"Ensign Parker..." Sister called out to the Tactical Officer...

 

"...two enhancers are ready for beam out...please check with the Away team for cooridinates. I'll get, with the Comamnder's permission (Sister looked over at Morgan), the remaining four units ready...?"

 

 

== Tags ==

 

 

== GM Input:

 

Doctor Brother is using the defiberaliator to jumpstart the Hekaran woman's heart. Apochripha has also securred an oxygen source, but not flowing until after a successful heart restart is accomplished (no potential sparks to ignite with the O2).

 

Results?

 

Sister: She will prep the remainng four pattern enhancers: is this done at the devices themselves or a just through the computer/console?

 

Apocrypha: Any issues trying to adjust the heavy metal hypo spray formulation to neutralize the osmium tetoxide molecule? My assumption is a suspension that binds the heavy metal in a chemical bond so that the body sees it as an inert substance that will pass through the body by the kidneys.

 

==


  • 0