SH/D05 - Sheridan's Nest

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Harrison Boislevesque

Capt Harrison Boislevesque

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1785 posts

Posted Star Date 21908.11 @ 16:11 (04:11 PM)

== Crew Lounge ==

#2 Capt Harrison Boislevesque

Capt Harrison Boislevesque

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1785 posts

Posted Star Date 21909.15 @ 20:04 (08:04 PM)

Harrison thought that he would find his family on Pioneer Outpost either in the main bar & restaurant area or on the promenade doing some shopping or something as it would have gotten them away from the Sheridan, however he found that when he had asked the Outpost computer it said that Jemima and the family were on-board the Sheridan and specifically located in the Sheridan’s Nest.

It had taken him a while to get from the Admiral’s office to the docking port where the ship was connected to the outpost as the place was big and it only seemed to be getting bigger or that might just had been him as he had only been around this place near the beginning and things were slightly less favourable.

As he made the way up the connecting corridor towards the ship and it seemed to be over before it had begun which was in complete contrast to the station walk and being that it was an airlock he put in his command code and the airlock hatched opened up and he stepped back onto the ship, yes it was still the Sheridan and yes it was his ship, but he was feeling completely different then the last time he was on-board and with the ship only having eight decks and the Sheridan’s Mess was on deck five he only had to go one deck to get there.

Upon entering the Sheridan’s Mess the first thing that came bounding his way was the holographic German Sheppard dog that Lunori had gotten for the kids when he was promoted and moved here to the Sheridan.

“Hello there Prometheus” Harrison said as he patted the dog on the head and scratched behind its ear.

He then found that Robin was pulling at his trouser leg and indicated that she wanted him to pick her up, which he did gladly and gave her a massive hug, he then shifted her to his right-hand side and moved over to where the rest of the family was sitting.

“Afternoon everyone.  Hope you lot are ok?” He asked.

The reply from his other two kids were what he expected as they were at the age where they didn’t really answer that kind of question.

“You know that they are find Harrison and I’m good too.  How was your day?” Jemima asked.

This would normally be when he would tell her everything that he could, but he still wanted to see if there was a change in his uniform as that way he could know that they are looking at everything around them and taking it in.

“Yea it wasn’t too bad, de-briefed the Admiral on the last mission and that was about it” he replied.

It was at this point that he felt some small fingers playing with his right-hand collar where his rank pips were located and he know that Robin had noticed something was different, even if she didn’t know what.

“pin…daddy…pin” Robin said in her cute little voice.

This simple statement he knew would make Jemima ask what she was an about and then she would want to investigate it as being that there was no real substance to the statement.

“What do you mean Robin?” Jemima asked her youngest daughter.

He saw that Robin looked at her mum and then pulled on her daddies’ collar and then said again. “pin…daddy…pin”

As his collar was now at an angle that Jemima could see what she was talking about and she moved faster then light to make sure that what she was seeing was real and not her imagination.

“Kids come here and look at this, it seems your father decided to get promoted” Jemima indicated.

This news did snap the kids out from what they were doing and they looked at his collar to make sure that they weren’t being deceived and no there was four gold pips on his collar, which made them jump up and move over to their father and give him a massive hug.

“Thanks kids and yes while I was talking to Jal she gave me the extra rank pip and gave me the ship to permanently command.” Harrison stated and he knew that they all knew that being part of Star Fleet that the meaning of permanently was until Command sent them somewhere else.

With the family now releasing him from their hugs, he sat down and ordered a drink for everyone so they could celebrate his promotion.

== ETL ==

#3 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 742 posts

Posted Star Date 21909.22 @ 19:44 (07:44 PM)

==The morning after Ponds Arrival ==

Luna was tossing and turning most of the first night aboard the Sheridan, the surroundings were different, the bed was different, in fact nothing felt quite right to her. Praying that this would indeed change and soon, she decided to have a breakfast in the Sheridan's Nest.

"A cute name" she said to herself "Definitely beats the standard Ten Forward or Officer's Mess" she mused.

As the doors opened a few heads turned, general crewmen on the early shift it seemed and Luna hesitated for a moment, wondering if coming here on her first morning was in fact the best idea she had ever had.

Ordering a big stack of banana pancakes topped with whipped cream and a tropical mango juice, Luna took a seat in a booth by the window and began to tuck in as she glanced once again at the Sheridan's security duty roster on the PADD to one side of her on the table.

== Tag Anyone ==

#4 Lt (JG) Sapphire ZenZin

Lt (JG) Sapphire ZenZin

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 229 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21909.25 @ 15:23 (03:23 PM)

==current timeline==

Sapphire was taking a quiet drink in the newly dubbed Sheridans nest when her badge beeped and a mans voice cane though.

[Ensign Sapphire ZenZin, report to the Captain’s Ready Room immediately.” ]He ordered.

Sapphire spat out her drink and began to panic.

"fudge did he find out I slept with the CSO..or did he find out my experiment exploded in the science lab..oh god hes foing to throw me off the ship. The airlock oh boy" she said to her self

She tapped her badge and winced.
"I'll be right there sir captain..captain sir person man sir"

She shot up from the table and ran to the lifts.

"Deck umm take me too deck...deck...one yes that knew deck one and make it snappy!"

The computer chimed and the lift started to wiz away to the bridge and to sapphires pending doom.

>>bridge>>

#5 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1740 posts

Posted Star Date 21909.30 @ 08:39 (08:39 AM)

==The morning after Ponds Arrival ==

It been a long day yesterday. With greeting new arrivals and making officers up to Acting Department Heads. 

Daniel headed into the Sheridan’s Nest for some breakfast. He wasn’t really sure what to have so just settled on a cup of tea with toast and strawberry jam. 

Once he was served his order Dan scanned the room for a free table but noticed the new Chief of Security sat on her own with a PADD to one side having her breakfast. 

Dan headed over to the officer. 

“Good morning, are you busy? May I join you?” Dan asked giving a glance to the PADD at the table. 

He knew what it felt like to be plucked out of the ship you have always worked on and placed some where else. It kind of gave you a fish out of water feeling. 

==Tag Pond :)==

#6 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 742 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.05 @ 17:22 (05:22 PM)

As she started to tuck into the stack of banana pancakes, a familiar voice seemed to appear as if out of nowhere to her side as she glanced up she was met by icy blue eyes and dark features of Commander Brooks.

“Good morning, are you busy? May I join you?” Dan asked giving a glance to the PADD at the table. 

Luna gave the FO a warm welcoming smile... "Me... busy.... only a few Security duty rotations that need your approval Sir.... I've just finished them so come sit I could do with a familiar face as at the moment it feels like I've got a pile of eyes boring into the back of my head" she replied with a wry chuckle as she glanced momentarily around the room.

When Dan had took a seat Luna nodded towards uniform "Massive congratulations on the promotion by the way, now you will definitely have your work cut out.... How does it feel going from Doc to Command?"

Waiting for Dan to reply she added "I'm just waiting to not feel so much like a fish out of water"

== Tag Dan ==

#7 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1740 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.05 @ 18:11 (06:11 PM)

Dan grinned back at Luna’s reaction, before she explained that she done the duty rota for security for him to have a look at then offered him a seat. 

As he placed his toast and cup of tea down the young officer noticed the extra rank pip on his collar. 

“Massive congratulations on the promotion by the way, now you will definitely have your work cut out.... How does it feel going from Doc to Command?" asked Pond. 

Probably one of the biggest questions yet he would need to answer. 

Waiting for Dan to reply she added "I'm just waiting to not feel so much like a fish out of water"

"Thank you and Congratulations to you as well Lieutenant Commander."

Daniel took a sip of his tea before replying. 

“I’m sure once you get into the swing of things here you won’t feel so much like a fish out of water. It takes a little while to adjust. I know, when I came over from the Copernicus it felt different. Thing is the Cop is a Science Vessel where this is a Destroyer class so it works differently. I believe the missions can be more dangerous. However, I have had time to look over your service record since you came aboard yesterday and it seems you are very adaptable to any given situation. The Ozaki has clearly developed you very well indeed.”

Dan said as he picked up the PADD laying on the table by Luna. He scanned it carefully for a minute before replying. 

“Yes, your modifications look good. You can go ahead with it.” Dan glanced around the room before looking back at Luna as he placed the PAD down. 

Before saying in a low voice, 

“In reference to your question about going from Doc to Command. Well… it is a bit odd I must admit. Even through the last mission I was Acting FO, so now it's just feels like business as usual. I know most of my duties will be on the Bridge rather than sickbay. I maybe in the Command structure now but you can’t get the Doctor out of me that easy.” He grinned. 

==Tag Pond==

Edited by Cdr Daniel Brooks, Star Date 21910.05 @ 18:13 (06:13 PM).

#8 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 742 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.29 @ 12:46 (12:46 PM)

== Pre mission briefing ==

“I’m sure once you get into the swing of things here you won’t feel so much like a fish out of water. It takes a little while to adjust. I know, when I came over from the Copernicus it felt different. Thing is the Cop is a Science Vessel where this is a Destroyer class so it works differently. I believe the missions can be more dangerous. However, I have had time to look over your service record since you came aboard yesterday and it seems you are very adaptable to any given situation. The Ozaki has clearly developed you very well indeed.”

Luna gave Dan a warm smile "You probably over exaggerate my capabilities" she giggled, I don't come across always as your typical average Security chief I mean look at me.

Luna nodded as Dan approved the plans, placing the PADD to one side "Now back to the important business of breakfast" she said lightly. After a couple more mouthfuls she inquired "So after you knowing about the ins and outs of my personal life, last time we met" she said in a slightly teasing tone "Any one special in your life?"

Who am I kidding the woman must just throw themselves at you

It was shortly after this that the voice of the Captain sounded over the ship

[Captain Boislevesque to all Sheridan crew.  Shore leave has been cancelled please report to your departments to finalise everything, we are scheduled to depart on a mission on Stardate 21910.07. Boislevesque out]

"And that's us done with breakfast" Luna giggled and blue eyes sparkling "I better go see my sister for my pre mission physical thinking about it, when I have a moment"

== Tag Brooks ==

#9 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1740 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.29 @ 13:13 (01:13 PM)

== Pre mission briefing ==

After a couple more mouthfuls Pond inquired "So after you knowing about the ins and outs of my personal life, last time we met" she said in a slightly teasing tone "Any one special in your life?"

Brooks finished the bite of his toast and replied, 

"It's how shall we say complicated..." he replied with a small smile. 

[Captain Boislevesque to all Sheridan crew.  Shore leave has been cancelled please report to your departments to finalise everything, we are scheduled to depart on a mission on Stardate 21910.07. Boislevesque out]

"And that's us done with breakfast" Luna giggled and blue eyes sparkling "I better go see my sister for my pre mission physical thinking about it, when I have a moment"

"Ah, yes the two Pond's." he commented taking a swing of his tea. 

"I must get to the Bridge." Brooks then said as he stood up from the table before adding. 

"I'm sure you will fit in well if you give it time."

==Tag Pond==

#10 Mid Saipara

Mid Saipara

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086

Posted Star Date 21911.23 @ 13:25 (01:25 PM)

== before current duty shift ==

Yugaru went into the nest, and decided to have a breakfast with some more calories than usual. He decided on something clearly American to try something different. While he could have eaten in his quarters, he decided to go out and feel the life of the ship before his shift, and see who was about.

He had ordered from the bar, a large plate of scrambled eggs with cheese and onion, three round patties of sausage, and an orange juice. While he wished he could have a shot of peach brandy, he knew that while during ship service he would not get the real stuff and settled just for the juice.

He would settle himself at one of the tables near a window so that he can people watch.

== tag anyone ==

Edited by Mid Saipara, Star Date 21911.23 @ 13:29 (01:29 PM).