Starfarer's Way - Room #2

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 VAdm Paul Braggins

VAdm Paul Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 926 posts

Posted Star Date 21909.04 @ 19:14 (07:14 PM)

==Smaller of the Private Rooms for groups of up to 50 people. By appointment only.==

#2 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts
  • Owner of Starfarer's Way Bar & Restaurant

Posted Star Date 21909.18 @ 09:38 (09:38 AM)

>> Starfarer's Bar Level >>

Charlotte had left her guests momentarily in order to be the first to arrive at the Dining Room, so it allowed to do any last minute checks and ensure that everything was as she left it prior to meeting everyone. Plus it would also allow Phoenix, chance to quickly change and for the Bar Owner to contemplate the way the conversation had gone. 

Finding herself envisioning once more about how their wedding would look like and how the larger of her two function/dining rooms would work, if they chose to marry here. Whatever their decision took them, it made her smile regardless, as the most important thing was marrying Phoenix and becoming his wife. 

Her good mood, couldn't be dulled right now and she was looking forward to continuing the evening and beginning the birthday celebrations properly. So as she entered the smaller of the two dining rooms, Charlotte was greeted by the servers, that she had picked for this particular job. Sven and Anya, were two of her original staff members, who had travelled with her from Bravo and she knew like any of her staff, that they would be polite, friendly and efficient. 

So after speaking with them briefly to go over the itinerary one last time and to arrange welcome drinks. Charlotte moved over to the large table that had been decorated by herself and Anya. The Irish gal had decided on one table to accommodate them all, as opposed to the usual smaller ones, allowing her guests to be together and for all of them to take part in the conversation. 

As expected nothing was out of place, from the flower centrepiece, to the cutlery and glasses and place mats. Satisfied, Charlotte stood back,happy with how it had gone so far and hoped that would continue. Taking a moment to look around at the pictures of starscapes, nebula's and ships that adorned the walls, as she waited to greet her guests.

== Tags to those from Ambassador Oza's party ==

#3 Mid Kahe Oza

Mid Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.06 @ 07:06 (07:06 AM)

== Tactical Midshipman Kahe Oza ==

Kahe and her father wrapped up whatever conversation they had going, instructing the people that they can pick those conversations up later in the main function room.  Kahe took her father’s arm and looked into his eyes. She could see he was proud; she loved her father and wanted this day to be special.

~ Dad, I really appreciate your taking time out of your busy schedule and see me. ~

Kahe knew how busy her father was between Federation Diplomacy and her family’s business, he had very little if anytime for private issues, like Birthdays, or even a vacation. Kahe was so happy that she had met Charlotte if it wasn’t for her Kahe would still be trying to pull this whole thing together.

Charlotte was a miracle worker, Kahe felt truly blessed having her as a friend. Kahe hoped that Charlotte and Matthew would take up her father’s offer and get married on their Estate on Betazed. Charlotte would make such a lovely Bride. Kahe could picture it now, the house decorated with dozens of flowers, the guests enjoying themselves. Charlotte glowing, as all Brides are beautiful. Kahe’s mother supervising the wedding details, making sure everything was perfect.

== Temp NPC- Federation Special Ambassador Kubid Oza. ==

Kubid was happy and excited, he had been worried for his daughter, since the death of her most beloved Imzadi, her Grandmother, he knew his daughter felt responsible for her death. He knew that Kahe felt if she had only run faster, then her Grandmother would still be alive.

Kubid missed his mother greatly, she was an amazing woman, he saw a lot of his mother in Kahe, strong, proud, confident, intelligent, sarcastic, stubborn, but so very likable. Kubid often thought of his mother and how she doted on her Grandchildren, how on Federation Day, she would have the servants bake treats for the children. How she would take them on picnics and tell them stories. He knew Kahe’s favorite story was the ancient Terran Story of Goldie Locks and the Three Bears. Kahe and her grandmother would spend hours together, laughing and doing projects.

Kubid was so proud of his daughter and how she recovered from her Grandmothers death. She had taken the death horribly, she had almost flunked out of the Academy, but in true Oza fashion she made a complete turnaround, and excelled at the Academy, a turn around that would make her Imzadi truly proud.

Kubid and Kahe entered the Gathering Room, the elder Oza was truly overwhelmed by all this fuss, the food on the table was truly exceptional. Jambalaya, Dirty Rice, Crawfish Boil and several types of Étouffée, Beignet and a few other dishes he didn’t recognize.  When Kubid was a Diplomatic Intern, he had been assigned to the Betazoid consulate located in New Orleans. He had fallen in love with the city, it’s architecture, it’s history, its culture, it’s music and especially it’s food. When he wasn’t putting out some diplomatic fire or attending trade agreement meetings with the Agriculture minister. Kubid could be found in The French Quarter listening to Music, drinking Wine and enjoy the people.

~ Kahe, I can’t thank you enough for all this, Charlotte is a true and loyal friend, keep her close. I’ll admit I wasn’t looking forward to turning fifty, but you have made this a truly special day. ~ Thought Kubid.

== Tactical Midshipman Kahe Oza ==

Kahe smiled at her father’s thoughts. “Father you turned fifty, five years ago and fifty pounds ago.” Said Kahe with a hint of teasing in her voice.

Kahe was overjoyed with her father’s praise of Charlotte, Betazoid Parents could be overprotective, and wanted to make sure their children were associating with good upstanding people.

“Oh Charlotte, this place looks truly amazing, fatty’s sixty-fifth Birthday is going to be amazing.” Said Kahe, with an open taunt to her father.

“Excuse me, sixty-fifth, really.” Said Kubid, in mock outrage. “Yes, Miss Charlotte, thank you so much you have made me feel truly happy. I was hoping to spend quality time with my favorite troublemaker, but this was totally unexpected.” Said Kubid, with a smile on his broad face.

== Tag Charlotte Ingram ==

#4 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.06 @ 10:27 (10:27 AM)

The Cajun menu that her and Kahe had discussed, smelled delicious as her staff began to bring out the food. Each dish carefully and lovingly prepared by her team of cooks and they had truly outdone themselves as she caste her gaze on the colourful and enticing dishes, glad that she had gone for a buffet style setting, so everyone could sample and try each one. 

Of course that still left the cake, but for now that was still being kept under wraps, with the plan to bring out, just after the planned entertainment for the evening. Charlotte had to admit that she was looking forward to singing a duet with Kahe and seeing her Father's reaction to the surprise. 

Not only that but getting to spend this time with Phoenix and friends old and new, something she didn't get a lot of chances to do, with being so busy. Although it made her cherish and make the most of it, when she did get the chance.

Her attention then moved away from the food as the doors opened to reveal Kahe and her Father, smiling as they approached and commented about the room, before Kahe teased Kubid as daughters did. 

Their thanks and appreciation meant a lot to the bar owner and she was glad that they loved what she had done so far.

" Thank you, both and I'm glad that you like what we've done here" she replied " I'm sure it will be a truly amazing night and to know that you're happy Kubid, means a lot".

" Once everyone arrives, we can continue the celebrations, however in the meantime, would you both like a drink?" she added, as Rex moved forward, carrying a silver tray with glasses of champagne on it. 

== Tags ==

#5 Mid Kahe Oza

Mid Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.10 @ 08:10 (08:10 AM)

Kahe was so excited and couldn’t wait to perform her duet with Charlotte, she knew her father would be pleased. Kahe look at her father with intense pride, he was kind, warm and loving, he was a diplomat, a gentleman, he could out-negotiate anyone even a Ferengi and that was no easy task for a telepath, especial considering that Betazoids can’t read Ferengi. Her father was a big powerful man and Kahe looked up to him ever since she was a little girl. Her father was a noble Knight right out of one of her storybooks, to her Kubid was always there to slay the Dragon, to right the wrong, he was her hero. She stood on her tip toe’s no easy task for her especially in her four-inch heels and gave her father a kiss

“Thank you.” Said Kahe.

Kubid was truly overwhelmed by all the attention and fuss, his daughter, his talent, charming, wonderful daughter had gone to all this fuss, just for him. He was truly blessed, he never suspected a thing, but he should have known how sneaky his daughter could be, after all, she was his problem child.

He was taken off guard by his daughters sudden kiss,  Kahe was his child who went out of her way to keep her feelings closed to everyone, but she wasn’t good at it, Kubid couldn’t count the number of parent-teacher conferences, the teachers telling them Kahe was broadcasting her thoughts, he mental walls were weak, every other child heard her thoughts. How Kahe would come home crying because the other children in school would make fun of her for broadcasting some silly random thought and she was sure the humiliation would never end, not even to her dying day.

Kubid remembered one day when Kahe was eleven or twelve, she was just on the edge of entering puberty, she was in school and her Math teacher, Mister Bejaran, a talented telepath, but had the worst toupee money could buy, Kahe had thought it looked like a dead animal climbed on his head to die, well Kahe thought it, the other children picked up her thoughts as well as Bejaran. Of course, kids being kids, they all laughed and Kahe was embarrassed. Kubid smiled at that memory.

“You are most welcome. My Imzadi.” Replied Kubid.

Miss Charlotte spoke, " Thank you, both and I'm glad that you like what we've done here.  I'm sure it will be a truly amazing night and to know that you're happy Kubid, means a lot. Once everyone arrives, we can continue the celebrations, however in the meantime, would you both like a drink?" she added, as Rex moved forward, carrying a silver tray with glasses of champagne on it.

Kubid smiled and said, “Oh Miss Charlotte you couldn’t have been nicer to me if you were my own daughter. Oh…Champagne is fattening, isn’t it.” And before Kahe could say anything he said to Kahe, “Shut up. You’re not too old for me to spank, young lady.” He replied with a hearty chuckle.

== Tag All. ==

#6 Lt Keir 77

Lt Keir 77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.11 @ 23:07 (11:07 PM)

==Sorry for the wait insanity has reigned lately==

Stepping through the door into the party room Keir looked around and saw Kahe talking to her father. 

Taking a deep breath s/he crossed the room to where they were standing and waited until they took note of hir.

==Short post to get things going==

#7 Mid Kahe Oza

Mid Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.12 @ 06:46 (06:46 AM)

Kahe and her father were enjoying their conversation when she noticed, a familiar face her twin had entered the room. Kahe grabbed her father by the arm and said, “Come with me.”

“Kahe what’s wrong with you.” Said Kubid with a hint of annoyance. Kahe was much stronger than she looked, she was manhandling her father, like a professional. As he was being dragged toward the room’s entrance that’s when he noticed, the young lady who had entered. His blood froze, his eyes went wide, his brain was trying to process what his eyes were showing him.

“What…. I don’t……. uhm…. umhhhh…How is this possible?” Stammered Kubid. Nothing generally phased Kubid, but this was truly something he had never expected.

==Tactical Midshipman Kahe Oza ==

“Happy Birthday, Dad.” Said Kahe. Kahe pulled her father by the arm. “Father, this is my friend, Lt Keir 77,” Kahe said, sounding proud.

Kahe knew her father was a true gentleman and hoped he would win Keir 77.

In perfect Hermat, Kubid said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, you do your clan proud. I’m Kubid Oza.” As he held out his hand.

== Tag all.==

#8 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.12 @ 11:05 (11:05 AM)

The affection that Kahe had for her Father, again reminded Charlotte of the close relationship, she had with her own Dad back on Earth and at the same time only showed her just how much she missed home. Although the Bar Owner, knew that being out here, had saved her from the unpleasantness of her old life and finding Phoenix had gone a long way in helping with that. Despite missing her parents, the bar and everything she had come to love since making the decision to leave, made up for that and kept her going.

So it was nice and heartwarming to see the close bond between Kahe and Kubid, especially as they joked with one another about the Champagne after thanking and complimenting her. The redhead appreciated the comments and the reference to her being like his daughter. 

" That's lovely to hear Kubid and don't worry about the Champagne, tonight's all about enjoying yourself and having fun" she replied, smiling as the doors then opened to reveal Kahe's twin Keir 77.

Leaving the Oza's to greet their guest and for Kubid to react to how identical they both looked, Charlotte took a glass of Champagne and would have Rex offer one to Keir, once the introductions were over. Of course now that the guests were starting to arrive, she hoped that Matt would be here soon, wanting to make the most of their time together before he had to leave her again. However she wasn't going to get sad, not when she was getting to see him and looked forward to his reaction to the suit she had picked out for him and also his response to Kubid's offer of a free wedding. 

== Tags ==

#9 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 21910.17 @ 06:37 (06:37 AM)

The Ambassador with Deklos on arm as if she were his date followed the others in allowing the Daughter show her father what she had set up. 

Sothrick had remained quiet in the bar as the two women who looked strangely similar, well similar would be an understatement. The women were almost identical except for two things. One, Sothrick had caught that the Lieutenant was from Hermat and two she was a little older however it was barely noticeable.

The cynical side of the old Intelligence Officer would guess of infidelity on the part of the good Ambassador but in truth for the same features to arrive in the universe were not illogical, not even improbable.

It was an interesting start to the party at hand.

== Sorry short post for the moment == 

#10 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.17 @ 09:10 (09:10 AM)

== That's okay, welcome back :) ==

Upon seeing the next arrivals, Charlotte hoped that Matt wouldn't be too far behind the Ambassador and Deklos, not that she couldn't continue with hosting, but it would be nice to have her beloved by her side. She rarely got to see him and knew that whatever time they had together, was always short and memorable, so it was only natural for her to want him here, before that time ran out. 

For now and with her best smile, the Bar Owner decided to approach the elder Sothrick and his Security Chief, especially with Kahe and her Father currently occupied with Kahe's almost identical twin. 

" Ambassador, Kamiro, would either of you like a drink, before we get the rest of the celebrations under way?" she asked politely, ready to have Rex come over, to take their orders or offer Champagne if desired. 

Charlotte also decided that once some more of their guests arrived, it might be a good idea to declare the buffet open, so people could enjoy the food and continue their conversations. 

== Tags to Ambassador Sothrick & Deklos ==

#11 Lt Kamiro Tosamien Deklos {Kotho}

Lt Kamiro Tosamien Deklos {Kotho}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Head of Security - Ambassador Sothrick's Office
  • Pioneer Outpost
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21910.24 @ 03:05 (03:05 AM)

Kamiro had taken Sothrick’s proffered arm without reservation as they were guided to a separate meeting/party room for Ambassador Oza’s Birthday bash (conducted/arranged by his daughter, a new Copernicus crewmember, Midshipman Kahe Oza).

The daughter was quite enthused and appreciative of her father, the love flowing between them was obviously palpable. To some extent, the familial pair reminded Kamiro of her own father and their relationship. It brought up some good memories…

…that became supplanted with the rich, spicy aroma of Southern Louisiana cuisine, which made her hungry. At some point, a new woman showed up, looking as a virtual doppelganger to the young Oza woman. Kamiro was more amused than surprised. She’d known the Dys ‘sisters’ and the Kurasa twins (something about them was a typical, as the Ambassador had an illogical dislike of the one called S’hiarra; now married to the Ambassador’s son. Kamiro hadn’t pressed her employer on what upset him so, but Kamiro truly thought it would be in the elder Sothrick’s best interest to accept his son’s choice in mates)…

"Ambassador, Kamiro…” Ms. Ingram began (snapping Deklos’ train of thought):

“…would either of you like a drink, before we get the rest of the celebrations under way?"

The Ullian gave a sly grin and then said:

“As this is a celebration, I think one glass of champagne would be nice, thank you Charlotte.” Kamiro replied.

That left the choice of beverage to the Vulcan statesman; Kamiro curious as to what Sothrick would request…

#12 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 21910.26 @ 03:53 (03:53 AM)

The Ambassador agreed with his Head of Security. "I believe you are correct M'Lady. If I could get a Vulcan Red wine if you have. I will trust your judgement there." He added with a nod to their hostess.

"Ms Ingram, I am curious as to what entertainment you and Ms Oza, have arranged for this evening?" He questioned

== Tag All ==

#13 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21910.26 @ 11:31 (11:31 AM)

Charlotte grinned as Kamiro responded to her offer of a drink and settled on a glass of Champagne, before thanking her. This was quickly followed by Ambassador Sothrick's response, with his choice of Vulcan Red and how he trusted her judgement, if they had that particular type of wine. Appreciating the trust that he had put in her, regarding the none specific request and prided herself on stocking a large range of different wines, from different cultures. 

" Both excellent choices and it's appreciated Ambassador, we do carry a selection of Vulcan wines, so I will have Rex get that for you" she replied politely, as Rex joined them and took note of the requests. Leaving the group momentarily to get them, Charlotte thanked him, before turning her attention back to her guests. 

At the Ambassador's question about being curious regarding the entertainment, her and Kahe had planned, Charlotte smiled, knowing that she could be honest, without the need to give it away.

" All will be revealed a bit later, Ambassador, Kahe wanted to keep it a surprise, but I must admit that I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reactions to what we have planned".

She didn't have much opportunity to sing lately, let alone duet with anyone, so this would be just as special for her, to do this for such a worthy and happy celebration. For now, however, she was very much enjoying the conversation and atmosphere, although also intended to eat properly when the time came, before the performance. Rex then returned with the drinks and handed each gracefully to both Kamiro and the elder Sothrick. 

== Tags ==

#14 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 21911.10 @ 05:04 (05:04 AM)

Sothrick watched as the hostess complimented him but allowed one of her subordinates to make the final selection of his red wine. This was a bit of an annoyance but minor and not worth making an issue for. He also understood that she was juggling many things as she was taking care of the party and its guest.

This was a minor infraction and not worth making anything more. He was more intrigued at her answer to his question for the nights festivities. A fact she was surely meant to do. In all she was a great host and he was pleased with the event so far however it was not a party for him. 

As he was taking in the surroundings and the incoming guest he in his mind also already working out his exit plan. However he was also hoping that he had made a new ... friend, perhaps, but more importantly and associate. Perhaps something in between that. 

For now he was enjoying, for the lack of a better word , the party overall. However someone caught his eye. One that had been a way for a while. Now as he looked up he saw the man stumbling this way coming into the room.

"Interesting." He said with a gesture to the man coming their way to his aid beside him.

== lets get this party started!!!!==

#15 Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 611 posts
  • Engineer - HoloMatrix Specialist
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21911.10 @ 05:42 (05:42 AM)

Matt had slipped into Charlotte's office, only after swiping yet another drink along his way. It was the third drink for him in quick succession and it had been some time since he had a drink of these strengths.

To be short... he was feeling it.

He stepped in and found the outfit that Charlotte had carefully and lovingly laid out in fashion to match her outfit. He loved that woman and there was no doubt she loved him. In all it still terrified him. He did not think he would have a relationship like this and he was worried he would somehow screw it up.

That is something he is good at, screwing it up.

Now he is at a party with not one but two different Ambassadors one who is trying to get him married off, NAKED no less! And there is the other who hates him for some reason.

All this went through his mind as he swilled down another glass and poured himself into the, actually well fitted and tailored,  suit she had  set for him.

After he finally got dressed, he found a mirror and made sure he was, at least, presentable before he stepped out.

He looked over at the table he had left however they had already moved into the room Charlotte had set up for the party.

He found his way to the bar and ordered another rum and coke. The young man behind the bar gave him a bit of an odd look but filled the order realizing who the engineer was.

He grabbed the drink with a smile and silent thank you then took another deep sip and made his way to the room.

After a slower movement and some stumbles he made his way through the room and found his way to the table. It seemed the Vulcan saw him first as his cold icy stare cut through Matt but he simply smiled back at the man.ignoring his own stumble around a chair.

As he neared the table he shouted out. "Whats going on is, is,(hic) oh, is there a party going on here or, what!?" He said louder than he intended.

== Tag, again lets get this party started!==

#16 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21911.10 @ 11:13 (11:13 AM)

As Charlotte remained by Kamiro and Ambassador Sothrick, after Rex had dispensed the requested drinks, a flurry of movement in the corner caught her eye as the band entered via the side door. She could always rely on the house band and her staff to keep within the schedule, that they had gone through many times, including a run through to ensure that any issues were kept to a minimum. However as they began to set up in the corner that had been designated for the entertainment, Charlotte's attention was on Ambassador Sothrick as he spoke to Kamiro, then looked to where he was gesturing too.

Sure enough there was her beloved and her heart soared at seeing him, that was until he stumbled as he approached the table and stumbled, before declaring loudly about the party. Now she understood why he had taken a little longer to arrive and whilst she didn't blame him for wanting to let loose, with being on shore leave, but with Sothrick already casting judgement, hoped that Oza would be more forgiving.

Still she needed to hopefully diffuse any potential problems, as this party meant a lot to the business and its reputation. However at the same time, he was right and with the arrival of the band, it could kick start the rest of the evening and for everyone to have fun, as well as a good time. 

So with that in mind, Charlotte addressed those present. " With the band about to start the entertainment for this evening, let the festivities begin and please help yourselves to food".

Charlotte then turned toward the Ambassador and Kamiro. " If you'll both excuse me for a moment". The Bar Owner then made her way to her beloved, knowing how much he liked to enjoy himself but of course was a little concerned, with how he had obviously over indulged slightly so far. So she took hold of his hand and led him toward the buffet tables. " Let's go get some food, Babe" she said, hoping the food would soak up the alcohol, so he wouldn't regret anything later and at the same time, also gave him an incentive as she whispered in his ear. 

" I have a surprise for you, when we go home later".

She then grinned at him as they reached the plates and she handed him one, before getting her own.

== Tags ==

#17 Lt Kamiro Tosamien Deklos {Kotho}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Pioneer Outpost
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21911.11 @ 06:28 (06:28 AM)

"Interesting." Sothrick said as he gestured towards the man, a one Lieutenant Matthew Phoenix...

...fiancé to the Ms. Ingram and good friend of the Ambassador's son...and a person that the Elder Statesman could not relate to. And it didn't help that the Mr. Phoenix was noticeably...and embarrassingly inebriated.

Rex, one of the staff, delivered the pair's drinks; a glass of Champaign for Kamiro and a Vulcan red wine for Sothrick.

"Thank you." Sothrick's aide said and then she took a sip...

...not bad...

Ingram mentioned the band (that was currently assembling in the room's corner. Charlotte had been tightlipped on what the surprise attraction for the evening was going to be, but Kamiro could make a pretty good guess. Next the proprietor made an announcement that the band would be starting their set and food was available from the buffet.

"Whats going on is, is,(hic)..." Phoenix essentially broadcasted to the room:

"...oh, is there a party going on here or, what!?"

"If you'll both excuse me for a moment". Charlotte said.

It seemed logical that she would reign in her intoxicated intended before he made a total fool of himself. It was rather unbecoming, especially at the beginning of an event.

"There's always at least one..." Kamiro began...

"...person well 'partied' at the beginning of a party. I've just never understood human reticence with imbibing synthehol..."

The Ferengi ethanol-like marvel gave the ability to drinkers to literally dismiss alcohol impairment effects with a thought...

"...seems that they all prefer the real thing."

To some extent, Kamiro was curious how Ingram would approach Phoenix's unflattering attention he has heaped on himself...

#18 Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 611 posts
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21911.22 @ 05:00 (05:00 AM)

His girl was quick to move and intercept him from his target.

"FOOD!?" He said somewhat loudly "Wait there.... there's food besssides sum cake?" Wait there is gonna be cake too right" he said trying to not slur. Matt knew he was drunk but he was trying to pull it together.

He did not want to embarrass his girl.

"A surprise!?  Ah damn you are the best!"  He said  still louder than he wanted. He looked over and saw the Vulcan staring at him. Then noticed the woman to his side still staring at him as well. "WHAT?!" He shouted. 

#19 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21911.22 @ 13:07 (01:07 PM)

Despite her best intentions to distract Phoenix and hopefully keep him occupied, it hadn't worked completely in her favour, when he continued to talk a little louder than normal. Now it was down to her to work a little harder as deep down she knew that him being drunk wasn't intentional.

" Yes there's food and cake" she replied softly, answering his questions, aware that he was trying not to slur in the process. However did manage to grin as he reacted to her surprise news, before he noticed the others looking over and promptly shouted at them. Unsure as to what would happen, Charlotte quickly diverted his attention to the food, whilst she gave an unapologetic look to those he had targeted.

" Look some of your favourites are here, so lets eat and maybe, get you some water and coffee" she said, not wanting to dictate what he drank, but hoped he would take the hint and start feeling a little more like his normal self. 

With that in mind, Charlotte started, moving along the buffet line, occasionally adding items to Matt's plate in the process. 

#20 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 21912.03 @ 00:53 (12:53 AM)

He could see the host of this, party, was trying her best to divert the inebriated young engineer. However when the man called the Ambassador and his assistant out irritated the ambassador.

However he knew that Charlotte was trying her best to keep any scene from playing out. He looked at  Kamiro. "I wander if Mr Phoenix will need to be removed?" He questioned

"I still wonder the need for especially humans to imbibe true mind altering alcohol?" He then paused and wandered if she had even been in such a way. He could not imagine the young woman letting her self loose her inhibitions and self control in such a way.

"Have you ever found yourself ... in such a, willful loss of control?" He questioned further.

== Tag All ==    

#21 Lt Kamiro Tosamien Deklos {Kotho}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Pioneer Outpost
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21912.03 @ 04:41 (04:41 AM)

Of course, the Ambassador would be irritated at his son’s good friend; ethyl alcohol was both liquid courage and sometimes liquid stupidity. In light, perhaps moderate doses, the chemical could induce a pleasant sensation; but as Mr. Phoenix was so proud of showing, once past that point, it made (all too often) human self-control almost impossible.

It also must be embarrassing for Ms. Ingram to have her Love acting out the part of an a**…

"Have you ever found yourself...” Sothrick asked:

“…in such a, willful loss of control?"

Kamiro grinned and then explained:

“I have Ambassador, but that was long ago in my rebellious teens and early twenties…and on my home world.”

On Ullia, as virtually everyone short of (most) young children had substantial telepathic abilities; inebriated telepaths could be sufficiently countered by other, non-inebriated telepaths. Had she been on Earth say, Kamiro would have been very dangerous to nearby humans and similar suspectable folks…

“Never since…” Kamiro added and trailed off…

Since first joining Star Fleet, she had been very effectively at the control of others…inhibitor implants to throttle-down her abilities, with which she had finally become free of; leading to her own self-control, and then the SHADe organization planting their own inhibitors. It was a wonder why she hadn’t lost her mind from all the inhibitor and brain trauma…

“Of course, an anti-ethanol hypo to Mr. Phoenix’s neck might be the best option to free him of the effects…that is if Ms. Ingram’s ministrations fail to do the trick.”

#22 Mid Kahe Oza

Mid Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted Star Date 21912.21 @ 07:02 (07:02 AM)

Kahe had been mingling with the other party-goers, she was so happy with the turnout, Charlotte truly was incredible. Kahe was really enjoying the quality time with her father.

Kahe held up her wine glass and tapped the sides with a spoon. “Everyone, please have a seat and listen. I want to thank everyone for coming to this my father’s seventieth birthday.” Began Kahe.

Kubid felt a hint of embarrassment fall over him, by the end of the night, his daughter will have him celebrating his one-hundredth Birthday.

“You can be put up for adoption!” Called Kubid.  All night long Kubid could sense that his daughter had been keeping something from him.

He had heard talk of some kind of entertainment and knowing Kahe it could be anything from a comic to an Orion Slave girl dancing wearing only a smile.

Kahe smiled at her father’s threat, she smiled and said. “Sit down old man, before you hurt yourself.”

“Ladies and Gentlemen and most honored guests,” Said Kahe looking at Ambassador Sothrick, giving him a head nod. “We have some special entertainment, that we hope you will enjoy. So, if everyone gets comfortable, sit back and relax and get fresh drinks and find a comfortable seat. We will be starting in a few minutes.” Announced Kahe.

== Tag Charlotte, Tag All.==

#23 Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 611 posts
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21912.27 @ 00:37 (12:37 AM)

Matt was following along with Charlotte as she was trying to keep his attention and working to impede the so far effects of his imbibing had on him thus far.

Poor Charlotte was working a little to hard to keep the Engineer under control. As she filled his plate he stroked her hair as he thought how great she was.

However he noticed the look of that damn Vulcan, so and so. Mr High and Mighty! Always thought he was so much better than everyone and he saw him lean in and speak to his 'aid' beside him obviously looking at Phoenix and talking about him.

It was clear to the inebriated man that they were talking about him too. So with his plate now full he stumbled his way back to the table with the Vulcan and his Security Chief!

Eyeballing the pair all the way to the table.

He took his seat, abruptly almost falling into it but did not seem to notice his hard landing. He dropped his plate to the table almost as hard loosing some food to the table in doing so and did not seem to notice it either.

"So...Amby, Amba, Amb***adoor!" He snickered at his own joke that most likely only he heard.

"So I know you been single a while, do you and silver hair here get, you know, close?!"  He said with a wink and a quick succession of him raising and lowering both eyebrows at the same time.

Just then his attention was drawn to the pretty young officer that was throwing the party for her father, as she tapped on a glass gaining the attention of the room.

“Everyone, please have a seat and listen. I want to thank everyone for coming to this my father’s seventieth birthday.”  She said. Her Father quickly retorted

“You can be put up for adoption!” 

"HA!" Matt belted out with a pound on the table. He didn't get the first joke but he got the joke the older Betazoid made.

As she continued he began exploring his plate that he did not remember, asking for, making or bringing to the table. To him it just appeared with a loving look from Charlotte.

"Holy crap!? How did you do that?" He said gesturing to the plate of food. To him it had just appeared. "Dam you an awesome genie!" He said not so quietly and began eating.

“Ladies and Gentlemen and most honored guests,” Continued the young woman giving a look at Ambassador Sothrick, giving him a head nod, ignoring the loud drunk. “We have some special entertainment, that we hope you will enjoy. So, if everyone gets comfortable, sit back and relax and get fresh drinks and find a comfortable seat. We will be starting in a few minutes.”

Matt leaned in closer to his girlfriend. "Ssspecial, entertainment? What you go planned, shexy?" he questioned visions of old terran Gentlemen Clubs popping in his mind.

He wasn't sure how he felt about her dancing, half naked, in front of a room full of men.

"Ish that..." (*hic*) "...ish that such a good idea with this type of, of a people, crowd, like them?" He said with a gesture to both Ambassadors. He didn't think they were wanting to run a club like that!

== Tag Deklos, Kahe, and Charlotte!   Don't hurt him Charlotte!==

Edited by Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix, Star Date 21912.27 @ 00:43 (12:43 AM).

#24 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 21912.27 @ 01:07 (01:07 AM)

“I have Ambassador, but that was long ago in my rebellious teens and early twenties…and on my home world.” Answered Kamiro to the Vulcans question

“Never since…” Kamiro added and trailed off… He could tell she was remembering such days of her youth. He found most in most cultures, such activities were explored by the youth but, Mr. Phoenix was not that young. His foolish days should have been past him, thought Sothrick.

“Of course, an anti-ethanol hypo to Mr. Phoenix’s neck might be the best option to free him of the effects…that is if Ms. Ingram’s ministrations fail to do the trick.” Deklos added.

"You may need to have one handy." Sothrick gave. It was of course another attempt at a joke with a dry matter of fact delivery.

The Ambassador watched as the inebriated Engineer stumbled his was back to the table. He found it hard to believe that his son would consort with such a man.

As Matt spouted out his inappropriate question it was obvious that the older Vulcan was slightly flustered by the question. And despite the irritation Sothrick chose to not answer the drunk human but his mind lost its defenses and the thought was strangely entertained in the Vulcan's mind.

While he had not thoughts of pursuing such an, arrangement, inwardly he had to admit that he had a certain admiration for his Security Chief perhaps and even small attraction.

The thought made him inwardly flush and he felt that he even betrayed his late wife with such inappropriate idea. However this was the first time since his wife that such had ever filled his mind.

It all caused him to dislike the Engineer even more.

Thankfully all of that was a fraction of a moment as the young Oza clammered a glass for attention cutting off abuse from the drunken human. Cutting off further thoughts he stirred as well. Thoughts he hoped were to fleeting for his top aid and Security Chief, to pick up on. Or for any other Betazoids to pick up on.

As she continued and gave a visual acknowledgement of the Vulcan statesmen he gave a nod back to her and tried to reassert his own mental barriers purging his mind of the carnal images that were forced upon his minds eye.

The room, outside of the drunken fool, applauded her words and voices of "Here, here" We shouted out for the Betazoid Ambassador and his birthday.

He ignored the idiot clambering on to their host, his girlfriend and leaned closer to the older Betazoid. "Any ideas what, entertainment, your daughter does have planned?"  He questioned.

== Oza, Kamiro and Charlotte ==

#25 Lt Kamiro Tosamien Deklos {Kotho}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Pioneer Outpost
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21912.27 @ 06:47 (06:47 AM)

It was a shame that the Engineering Officer allowed himself to become so inebriated. It certainly wasn’t becoming of a Star Fleet Officer to act such a fool. And of course, Kamiro’s and Ambassador Sothrick’s attention to Charlotte Ingram’s spouse had garnered his attention and he came forward to the pair.

Kamiro smiled at Sothrick’s attempt at humor. He usually delivered it very deadpan, but Kamiro was becoming much more adept at recognizing his…jokes.

The Ambassador’s bodyguard sized up Mr. Phoenix with a quick glance. She’d have no problem of (reasonably gently) addressing the situation of the well soused man should it become necessary. There was still the hope that Ingram could convince her partner to leave and ‘sleep it off’.

"So...Amby, Amba, Amb***adoor!" Phoenix garbled out.

Anecdotally, it sure seemed a truism that alcohol was ‘liquid courage’. Kamiro was fairly certain that Mr. Phoenix wouldn’t normally approach the imposing figure of a Vulcan elder. Such persons were usually commanded profound respect, sometimes unease, possibly fear. But not this.

The Ullian had had to erect a considerable mental barrier so as not to become inundated with the man’s free flowing thoughts…once (another individual) became inebriated, telepathic reception was like a monsoon, thoughts poured forth in drenching waves.

For a brief second, the telepath imagined reaching into Phoenix’s mind and accelerate the ethanol’s ability to render him unconscious…a black out state…

…that would be wrong…

"So I know you been single a while, do you and silver hair here get, you know, close?!" Phoenix inquired lasciviously.

Both of the wild, white-haired woman’s eyebrows raised in surprise.

…and then again…

And then just as suddenly as in your face and rude as the Phoenix was, the man’s attention was diverted to Mid Oza. Of course, the ‘damage’ (really just being made uncomfortable) had been done; Sothrick, the stoic elder Vulcan Ambassador had become flustered. Kamiro just chalked it up to Sothrick’s decades of close proximity to illogical humans…the Vulcan veneer of not expressing emotion was ever so peeled back a bit…  

“Wha…?” Deklos uttered softly, slightly confused…

There was an intense…sensation, bleeding through her mental shielding. It was a sensation she hadn’t experienced in a looong time; or at least something similar…not since Al rescued her from his own (organization’s) misguided facility…

…attraction…

Kamiro’s eyes wanted to briefly look up to Sothrick but they remained forward. There was no way she would (potentially) embarrass him…and she wasn’t sure what the feeling was, but in seconds, the Ambassador had regained control. Control was something that Kamiro needed to do also; first, she set down her barely touched Champaign flute on the table. Phoenix’s loosened inhibitions and boorishness had ended any chances that she’d enjoy the tangy, carbonated beverage.

Kamiro used mental techniques to regulate her breathing and enter a neutral thinking condition…something close to a meditative state. She heard Ambassador Sothrick make an inquiry to Ambassador Oza about his daughter’s plans for entertainment. She lowered her perception of Phoenix’s  loud unfiltered verbiage…and Kamiro kept aware of the banter between the young Oza and her father…

#26 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 21912.27 @ 09:42 (09:42 AM)

As they neared the end of the buffet tables and despite enjoying the sensation of Matt's fingers stroking her hair, Charlotte was still very much aware of the Ambassador and Deklos's looks in their direction. She was trying her hardest to keep her beloved under control, but it appeared that it wasn't enough and that the damage had already been done.

She also couldn't stop any further judgement as she followed Matt back over to the table, casting an apologetic look towards their guests, especially with how Matt almost fell and lost some of his food from the plate. Gathering up the fallen items and putting them back onto their plate as Matt engaged in conversation with Ambassador Sothrick.

Okay it was potentially embarrassing, with the nature of the question that was aimed at the Elder Sothrick and Deklos, especially seeing the reactions and the lack of response from them. Then came his comments about the food, before he began to eat and all she could do was lean in and whisper. " I guess you were too distracted by me to notice, how I filled up your plate". Of course there was a part of her wanted to hide or attempt to detract her boyfriend from continuing. However was saved in the form of Kahe drawing the table's attention with her announcement. Smiling at the joke shared between Father and Daughter and from what was said, knew that she would have to leave Matt, to go perform.

As Matt then asked about the entertainment, normally she'd enjoy his teasing but with him being so out of it, she knew she had to regain some control. " You'll find out soon enough, but know that kind of stuff, will be later when we're alone". Charlotte was glad when Kit arrived with strong coffee and water for Phoenix, as she took advantage for a moment to eat something, feeling a little nervous at the thought of singing, but hopefully it would go down well and save the evening.

== Don't worry she won't hurt him and tags to all ==

#27 Mid Kahe Oza

Mid Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted Star Date 21912.30 @ 06:23 (06:23 AM)

Kubid was truly impressed with his daughter's hosting abilities, she worked the crowd like a professional, she was posed and charming, just like her mother. He was surprised when Ambassador Sothrick leaned over to him and Said, “Any ideas what, entertainment, your daughter does have planned?"

Kubid chuckled a little bit, “No Sothrick, I have no idea what she has planned, she can be very unpredictable, she is my problem child.” Said the Chubby Betazoid. “She can be very illogical at times.” He added.

Kahe saw her father exchanging words with Ambassador Sothrick, she hoped that her father was getting along with him. Kahe also noticed that Matthew was getting a little tipsy. She remembered reading something about giving people sugar to absorb the alcohol in their system.

Kahe made her way over to Charlotte and said, “Is Matt alright, give him something sugary, it will sober him up.” Kahe was excited that she was about to sing a song for her father, but she was worried about Matt, what is he took a nasty fall and hurt himself. Kahe was supposed to sig a duet with Charlotte, but she thought that if she sang a few songs allowing Charlotte sometime to tend to Matt and the two could sing their duet later on.

== Tag all ==

#28 Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

Lt{Jg} Matthew Phoenix

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 611 posts
  • USS Sheridan, DD-4086
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22001.16 @ 14:35 (02:35 PM)

Matt liked the whispered words from his girlfriend and for the moment quieted the loud engineer. His thoughts dancing at the image of Charlotte and later....

For a moment he was lost almost like a dream of Charlotte 'entertaining' him. He blinked and suddenly before him was a cup of coffee and a glass of water. In reality his 'blink' had taken several moments but to him was all mystical how these items appeared on the table.

He looked around quickly but only saw the same people he had been surrounded by.  It was then that it hit him.  He had been here before... Not particularly the room but the state.

He was DRUNK!

Crap, He thought to himself and he worked to now quietly pull himself more in an upward stance and take a sip of the water. Water helped more than coffee. Coffee just made a hyper drunk but water helped flush it out and despite his mental deficiencies at the moment he was able to focus that much thought. 

He took a sip and looked about the room again not noticing his own bobbing and weaving.

He then focused back to the Birthday Ambassador. Staring at the man for a moment. He was wandering what he could do to help the man enjoy his birthday!

#29 Charlotte Ingram {Morgan}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 350 posts

Posted Star Date 22001.16 @ 15:20 (03:20 PM)

Charlotte certainly appreciated the chance to ease her stomach as Kubid answered Sothrick's question about the planned entertainment, smiling at the thought that this would be a complete surprise. Although her main concern for the moment was Matt, as she stole a glance towards her boyfriend, happy to see the realisation on his face, before he took a sip of water. She hoped that it would help him, at least get a little sober, along with the food that she had piled onto his plate.

However as Kahe approached and spoke with her quietly, Charlotte appreciated the suggestion of giving Phoenix, something sugary to help aid in the attempt to sober him up." He will be and thanks Kahe, I'll do that" she replied softly, glad that Phoenix's attention was on the Ambassador.

Then she leaned in and whispered to Matt, " Hey Babe, why don't you try the mini chocolate cake?".

Whether he did or not, she would have to wait and see, but he rarely turned down her suggestions and wanted to ensure, that he was okay, before she got up to perform with Kahe. 

== Tags ==

#30 Ambassador Lorrick Sothrick

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Starfleet Ambassador
  • Pioneer Outpost

Posted Star Date 22001.17 @ 21:24 (09:24 PM)

The Elder Betazoid chuckled at Lorrick's query. It caused a sharp arch of the Vulcans left brow. "No Sothrick, I have no idea what she has planned, she can be very unpredictable, she is my problem child.” Said the Chubby Betazoid. “She can be very illogical at times.” He added and the Elder Vulcan knew it was a joke meant for him.

He gave the man a nod in appreciation. Then turned his attention to their host. Despite her,   boyfriend, making a fool of himself and causing the statesmen to be uncomfortable he still  found the bar owner pleasing.

"I only have one and he is my problem child." quiped the Vulcan    another joke

"May I esquire how many children you do have?" Once the elder Betazoid answered he turned his attention back to their host. Despite her,   boyfriend, making a fool of himself and causing the statesmen to be uncomfortable he still  found the bar owner pleasing. 

The original question from Phoenix had made it difficult for the Vulcan to look at his aid, especially knowing her, gifts. So he pressed on to change the music as it were.

"Well Ms Ingram, I have heard that you are rather talented. I should like to know what, 'entertainment' you had planned? He asked almost as if he was stating.

== Tag any and all ==