Jump to content


Photo

CO/D21 - Shuttlebay


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jane Fields

Capt Jane Fields

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 21910.06 @ 11:39 (11:39 AM)

==


  • 0

#2 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22002.13 @ 03:12 (03:12 AM)

== Temp NRC: Eng-ens.jpg Vanissa Morissette ==

 

By the CE's directed A small team of engineering crewman were running pre-launch checks on the shuttles and runabout in case the battle called for their use. The officer in charge of that team was Morissette. They had just finished working on the USS Sagan, GSC-9035/R, the Copernicus' lone Type 1 runabout and currently configured to Survey Mode, when the lights went off.

 

Is that a silly joke?

 

"What just happened?" She asked her team. 

 

After a short deliberation one of them got an answer.

 

"It seems that power was cut shortly after that announcement we heard about a group of Borg had managed to beam over and to the Secondary Computer Core... I guess they hacked into our systems and now they are controlling the ship!" The crewman said.

 

But our shields were up! How is it possible?...

 

"Alright, get into the Sagan." She ordered. "At least we won't have to worry if life support is still active inside."

 

Once everyone was inside, and the boarding ramp was closed. She used the Runabout's enhanced sensors to locate the chief engineer on the bridge and contacted his comm-badge.

 

"Commander Ameen. This is Ensign Morissette. I am inside the Sagan with my crew and I have access to her systems. Awaiting your orders Sir."

 

She sat in the command chair as she waited for a response.

 

== GM- Input: Was the message received? and would 2 way communication be possible? Thank you. :) == 


Edited by LCdr Morad Ameen, Star Date 22002.13 @ 03:14 (03:14 AM).

  • 0

#3 GM-02

GM-02

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22002.16 @ 04:55 (04:55 AM)

All attempts to use the Sagan's comms units to contact anyone on board the Copernicus, that was not inside the Sagan itself would prove fruitless as the Copernicus' internal comms were offline. Without that system being online, it was not possible to establish two way communications.


  • 0

#4 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22002.16 @ 17:00 (05:00 PM)

== Temp NRC: Eng-ens.jpg Vanissa Morissette ==

 

Despite many attempts, the massage could not go through. The comm-badges were attuned to the Copernicus's internal comm systems and they were not receiving any external communications, or so it seems. In the end, Vanissa figured out that she has to make decisions on her own. She looked at the cards in her hand. There were enhanced sensors, the comm system, and the transporter. 

 

There were Borg on board, we can use our enhanced sensors to locate them... and then... yes, why not!?

 

The Engineer got to work. She located the Borg drones in the secondary computer core room, and saw that a fire fight had already erupted with the security teams responding to their presence. She rerouted extra power to the transporter system just to be sure. Now, her plan was to lock on to the Borg and beam them into space. A simple plan really. However, The Sagan transporter pad would only hold 2 signals at a time, ans she had to be selective....

 

I will lock on the small drone, she is the closest to the Computer core, and then one of the big ones... 

 

As soon as she established a positive lock, Vanissa would transport the two drones into an empty location in the endless vacuum of space, and then she would attempt to repeat the same process with the next two drones left behind.

 

 

== GM: Was Ensign Morissette able to transport the drone and one of the tactical drones into space? if so, was she able to repeat the process? or the did the Borg adapted by then? Thanks! :) ==


  • 0

#5 GM-02

GM-02

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22002.19 @ 23:24 (11:24 PM)

== You know, you guys are no fun. You keep getting high rolls. ==

 

Using the advanced sensors of the Sagan the engineer was able to isolate two of the Borg signatures and lock onto them with the transporter. Initiating the transport anyone watching would see the Borg begin to materialise on the transporter pad inside the shuttle before beginning the next phase of the transport, getting them outside. There was a tense moment when it seemed as though the Borg were attempting to block the second transport but eventually they would dematerialise and appear outside the Copernicus.

 

The next attempt however, the Borg had adapted and the Sagan was no longer able to get a lock.


  • 0

#6 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22002.20 @ 04:24 (04:24 AM)

== Temp NRC: Eng-ens.jpg  Vanissa Morissette ==

 

Vanissa grinned as she heard the familiar hum of the transporter system working. Her plan was good, and she knew it! However, her smile turned into a nervous look as she saw the two borg drones materialize on the transporter pad. She noticed that she was holding her breath. To her, they looked confused...

 

Not confused... they are trying to block the second phase...

 

"Auxiliary power to the transporter system... Now!" She ordered.

 

Her crew responded with the impeccable Star Fleet Corps of Engineers' efficiency and the second phase cycle was completed successfully.

 

That was close...

 

There were a few cheers around the runabout as the sensors confirmed that the two drones were now drifting harmlessly in the vacuum of space far away from the Copernicus.

 

"Let's get the other two." She ordered.

 

"We can't." The crewman said. "They have adapted Ma'am."

 

Gah.. if only I had a four man transporter pad... 

 

"Correction." The same crewman said. "Sensors are detecting that a transporter signal... They have transported out of the Secondary Computer Core room."

 

"Scanning..." Said the Crewman manning the Sensors console.

 

"I'm detecting partial power being restored... but... that makes no sense..." Said the crewman at Ops. "The Copernicus' external airlocks and hatches have just began to open slowly... that's where that power is gone to."

 

We are in a shuttlebay, if the door opens...

 

"Power up engines..." Morissette ordered. "Be ready to stabilize if the shuttle bay door opens."

 

Then, an idea occurred to her.

 

"We have an emergency beacon for away teams. It is practically a long range two way communication device that we would use if we were stranded on a planet right? We are already in a similar situation. Beam it over to the bridge, we can use it to contact the Captain up there."

 

== GM-Input: Were the Sagan able to detect any borg presence left aboard the Copernicus, or did they leave the ship? If they are still here, then at what location? Was the Ensign able to beam the beacon to the bridge? If so, would it work for two way communications between the Sagan and the Copernicus's bridge? Thank you! :)  == 


  • 0

#7 GM-02

GM-02

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22002.24 @ 10:30 (10:30 AM)

The transport to the bridge was successful, you can attempt communication at any time.

 

The Sagan was not able to detect any Borg life signs on board the Copernicus at this time.


  • 0

#8 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22002.26 @ 03:26 (03:26 AM)

== Temp NRC: Eng-ens.jpg  Vanissa Morissette ==

 

The transport of the emergency beacon was successful, Vanissa immediately opened two way a channel. 

 

"Captain! or whoever is in charge on the bridge, this is Ensign Morissette aboard the Sagan in the shuttlebay. Our systems are operational. Including sensors and transporter capability. I can confirm that our scans show that there is no longer any Borg presence aboard the ship. However, the ship is venting air and we remain drifting on a collision course with the Republic. We are ready to receive new orders."

 

Sitting in the command chair, she found herself gripping the hand rests as waited a response from the Copernicus's bridge.

 

"Ma'am..." Said the crewman operating the transporter. "I have located all the senior staff. I programmed the computer with a last resort option. Once executed, it will beam them aboard the runabout. It will do so in packs of two ordered by seniority, once they are aboard, the computer will randomly choose from the officer ranks to until the runabout reaches capacity....  while it is still possible that is."

 

We are in a pickle,  but we are not desperate yet... but at least now we have a plan Z.

 

"Well done." She said solemnly. "Thank you."

 

A feeling a dread was taking over her. She couldn't believe that things has gotten this far out of hand. If a handful of Borg drones could cause so much chaos, she could only imagine what a full on army of them would do...

 

These guys don't mess around, do they... 


  • 0

#9 Capt Jane Fields

Capt Jane Fields

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1577 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22002.27 @ 01:20 (01:20 AM)

[This is Fields…] The Captain's voice replied. […can you perform a site to site transport of Oza and Kurasa to the Dysprosium?]

 

Sensors would detect their combadges on the bridge.

 


  • 0

#10 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22002.27 @ 03:33 (03:33 AM)

== Temp NRC: Eng-ens.jpg  Vanissa Morissette: Aboard the USS Sagan, GSC-9035/R ==

 

[This is Fields…] The Captain's voice replied. […can you perform a site to site transport of Oza and Kurasa to the Dysprosium?]

 

Smiles were exchanged aboard the runabout, and her small crew. It was such a relief to hear the Captain's voice. But there was not much time to celebrate. The crewman operating the transporter nodded positively at Vanissa.

 

"Yes Ma'am." She replied. "We have a lock on their comm badges, we will beam them to the runabout then to science escort. Just like we did to the borg... well, we sent them into the great empty, but that was something else." She paused for a moment then she continued. "Once they are aboard, they can establish a connection with our beacon and communicate with you until the comms are back. I will also transport to them a few crewmembers to help run the Dysprosium. They will have to explain to them what's going on!"

 

Once she was told that the two officers on the bridge were ready, Morissette gave the command to transport them to the Science Escort.

 

== GM-Input: Was the transport of the two officers successful? If so, would the following transport of 8 crewmembers to help them run the Dysprosium be also successful? If so, Vanissa would chose 1 security, 1 tactical, 2 engineers, 1 medic and 1 science, 2 support. All with various enlisted ranks. ==


  • 0

#11 GM-02

GM-02

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22003.01 @ 04:13 (04:13 AM)

== Transport is successful to the Dysprosium for all attempts ==


  • 0

#12 LCdr Morad Ameen

LCdr Morad Ameen

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.01 @ 03:29 (03:29 AM)

The turbo lift doors opened and the away team poured out of it. It was a short ride, and the six of them were a little crammed in there, but in the end it was worth it for all of them to arrive at the same time.

 

"Commander!" Two engineering crewmen were waiting for Ameen. "We loaded the shuttle craft hold with the equipment you requests, and here is your engineering tricorder, and engineering toolkit. Here is the last shuttle iridium maintenance report too.  Best of luck down there Sir."   

 

"Thank you Crewman." The Chief Engineer said as he tabbed his comm badge.

 

"Ameen to Kotho." He said. "Tamara, I am going with the away team. That means that you are in charge of engineering. Make she is running smooth and don't be shy to use that auxiliary warp core if you need the extra power... we have it nice and ready this time just in case."

 

She'll do fine... She is better than she think she is...

 

When that conversation was over, he turned to the First officer.

 

"Commander." He said. "The shuttle cargo hold has a set of a pattern enhancers as an option for us to use. Also, we packed 6 Emergency Transport Amrbands. I suggest we wear them under our uniform sleeves just in case. They can be set to attempt a transport cycle directly to the ship if she is in range. If that fails, they can attempt a second cycle to bring us back to the shuttle craft... I'm thinking possible escape route options." 

 

Poof... we will be outta there and into relative safety. 

 

== GM-Input: The shuttle iridium maintenance report. What is the shuttle's status? anything we need to know about? Is she ready for deployment? ==


  • 0

#13 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 1456 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.01 @ 17:51 (05:51 PM)

Shione walked into the Shuttle bay shoulder to shoulder with her Engineering counterpart, and chuckled quietly at his final statement to his assistant. "Nice and ready hmmn?"

 

Her security team approached and brought her both of her tricorders which were her standard kit for away teams. In the event that she was separated from the CE her experience and having her own Engineering tricorder could prove to be critical.

 

They also brought phasers for all of the team and handed them out. "Just as a precaution only Commander Hawk, they could always be left in the shuttle should we disembark on the planet; but Captain Fields has always in my experience thus far expected us to at least have them available."

 

As had been her habit Shione took the seat nearest the exit/entrance to the shuttle.

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#14 LCdr Alexander Talion

LCdr Alexander Talion

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 2352 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.01 @ 18:18 (06:18 PM)

Quietly seated in the spot in the furthest back of the craft, was a woman who appeared to be in her mid to late 20s, 5'6" tall, dark brown hair and dressed in a crisp uniform that had no departmental colors and no rank. There was a look in her eyes of confidence. It was something that was hard to describe, but any experienced officer could spot in a second that this was not a nervous or unprepared individual. Her expression remained neutral as her eyes quickly scanned the people entering the craft, examining every detail and evaluating them.


  • 0

#15 Lt Heston Cornelius Taylor {Kotho}

Lt Heston Cornelius Taylor {Kotho}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.02 @ 05:35 (05:35 AM)

>> Bridge >>

 

Taylor arrived at the Shuttlebay, Science tricorder in hand. And as he approached Iridium, a Security team member supplied him with a hand phaser…

 

…so much for minimizing our aggressive stance…

 

Taylor nodded thanks and then was relieved with Kurasa’s mention of having the option of leaving the weapons onboard the shuttle if they had the opportunity to land on the Eklata’s world. Taylor stepped aboard the craft and then was momentarily surprised at the young (late twenties?) female officer stationed at the back…

 

“Hi.”

 

The uniform she sported was just, plain…no department identification nor pips indicating rank of any kind….

 

…what’s this about…?

 

The Science Officer noticed that the young woman was alert and highly attentive….and he locked his eyes on hers briefly…

 

…confident…

 

And then with a curt nod of acknowledgement, the Lieutenant went over and took his seat at the Science Console; entered his codes; and then subsequently began bringing up the shuttle’s sensors…

 

 

== Kotho ==

 

"Ameen to Kotho." Ameen said to the open comm…

 

[Kotho here.] the inherently sultry voice responded without delay…

 

The CE continued:

 

"Tamara, I am going with the away team. That means that you are in charge of engineering. Make she is running smooth and don't be shy to use that auxiliary warp core if you need the extra power... we have it nice and ready this time just in case."

 

[Acknowledged Commander…] Tamara responded neutrally, and then she added:

 

[…smooth as a baby’s bottom sir…] said just short of deadpan and then she added:

 

[…and best success to you and the team. Kotho out.]

 

 

 

== GM Input: Taylor is bringing up the Iridium’s sensors…status please? ==

 

 

 


  • 0

#16 LCdr Alexander Talion

LCdr Alexander Talion

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 2352 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.02 @ 17:28 (05:28 PM)

At being addressed by the Science Officer, the woman's expression softened and she responded with a warm, "Hello."

She remained conservative in her reactions beyond that, until the CMO came into view. At that point a genuine smile appeared and she said, "Well, hello Zach. It's good to see you again."

Zach would indeed remember Sarah. The last time he had see her had been after the fateful mission on the Chin'toka. She would give him a second to recover from the shock of seeing her before saying to him,"Let's hope they don't need me on this mission."

She then gave him a wink. Sarah then waited for the FO to arrive.
  • 0

#17 Lt (JG) Tamara Kotho

Lt (JG) Tamara Kotho

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.03 @ 05:49 (05:49 AM)

== Wrong thread ==


Edited by Lt (JG) Tamara Kotho, Star Date 22006.03 @ 05:50 (05:50 AM).

  • 0

#18 Cdr Jaden Hawk

Cdr Jaden Hawk

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.04 @ 00:05 (12:05 AM)

>> Bridge >>

 

By the time that Jaden had arrived most of the Away Team was there minus the doctor and Oza. He nodded to each of them.

 

"Good, almost all of us are here. I am sure the doctor will be along soon and Lieutenant Oza will be joining us shortly." I hope.

 

Jaden then spotted a female in her mid to late 20s, with dark brown hair wearing a uniform that had no departmental colors and no rank.

 

"Hello there," he addressed her. "And who might you be?"

 

== Tags ==


  • 0

#19 LCdr Alexander Talion

LCdr Alexander Talion

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 2352 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.04 @ 01:44 (01:44 AM)

Sarah turned and with a warm smile, greeted the FO, "Ah, Commander...I'm your contingency plan." She held out a hand to him. She held no rank, so a salute seemed out of place.

 

"Most people know me as Sarah, but if you officially need to activate me, I also go by call sign Valkyrie." She lowered her voice a little, but in what might still be considered a conversational tone, without broadcasting what she was saying. "I have lots of field experience. Commander Talion didn't want to risk sending a default program on a mission that might be a little tricky. I don't have a great deal of experience with Engineering, but I'm a fair mechanic and can cover the basics as a field medic for Medical. In a Tactical role, I have piloted a Marine drop ship as well as flown a MEDEVAC shuttle of my own design, but am rated on most current Fleet craft. I have also trained with Marine RECON and am certified to act as a stealth observer and gather information in preparation for First Contact missions." She pointed to the rear of the craft and added, "I have a docking station and spare drone in the rear area, as well as the ability to create another if there is a replicator within range. I'm the only drone pilot you have for this mission though...sir."

 

She winced a little and added hesitantly, "I have been told I should not need to be armed on this mission, so I am really hoping that violence is not anticipated. It isn't that I'm not capable of it, but...for personal reasons, I would like to avoid it at all cost, unless the life of the crew is at risk. If all goes well, you should have no need of me, but I need to ask...Do you have any specific requests about my attire or how you want me to prepare for the mission?"

== She comes across as a seasoned officer, though you have no way of knowing at this point that she was actually used for a while on the Chin'toka many moons ago. Her character is based on the image of Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHIELD. There is interesting backstory to play with, if it ever comes to light, but that should be enough to get the pump primed for now. You officially now have an ace in the hole. ==


  • 0