#1 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Chief Science Officer/First Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-2004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.08 @ 22:34 (10:34 PM)

Walking into the holo deck there was a luscious green field, with a beautiful blue sky. Off in the distance was a giant wooden wall that stood thirty feet high, in the middle of the wall was an bridge going over a fast moving river. This leads to a pair of over sized bucks on their hind legs, and about too butt heads.

Once you got inside the door, it looked a lot like a Renaissance fair. Everywhere you look there was a tavern booth, with lots of seating. In the middle was an elevated platform that acted as a stage, with a small band area off to the side. Looking up, there was no roof on the structure.

#2 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Science Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-20004

Posted Star Date 22005.14 @ 05:38 (05:38 AM)

Gerdan stood speechless as Commander Velaul made her way into the Holodeck, he was a bit surprised at how she was dressed, but then again it was her program, but he felt that he was dressed inappropriately, jeans and a tunic. , but as Holoprogramming was a hobby, a pastime if you will of his he was fascinated by the details of the program, he had been to a recreation of a Renaissance Village outside of Berlin in German, so he had a vague idea what the setting at the Pub would be like.

He looked around at the fortified Village, the Commander hadn’t missed a detail, he could a stockade with a person in it, most likely a thief.

“A thief or someone accused of Witchcraft?” Said Gerdan pointing to the filthy person in the stocks.

Gerdan was utterly amazed at this time in Earth’s History, Kings, Queens, and Nobles ruling over the masses, The Renaissance was a fervent period of European cultural, artistic, political and economic “rebirth” following the Middle Ages. Generally described as taking place from the fourteenth century to the seventeenth century, the Renaissance promoted the rediscovery of classical philosophy, literature, and art.

“Oh Commander, this is amazing, your eye for detail in truly incredible. Any chance we might see a Renaissance Painter creating a masterpiece or engage in Palace intrigue? “Said Gerdan sound like a schoolboy asking his teacher about a field trip.

Gerdan looked at Velaul and then back at himself.  He really wanted to live the part as the Human’s say.

“Excuse me, Commander, I would like to dress in something more appropriate for the time. If you’ll excuse me for a moment.” Said Gerdan.

Before the Commander could respond, the Husky trill made his way to a tent it was red with gold embroidery on it.  He stepped inside.

“Computer, scan me, and create a costume appropriate for the time period and setting.” Instructed Gerdan.

[Working….] replied the computer.

Within seconds the computer produced a costume that Gerdan had to cringe at, It was a large coat it was predominately red with elaborate gold embroidery, it had a white fur trim with black spots, the sleeves had black with the same gold embroidery on it. There was a black hat with a large white feather in it.

There was a black silk tunic, with vertical gold embroidery, there was a series of necklaces with various semi-precious and precious stones, The computer produced a pair of white satin tights to finish the costume there was a small sword or dagger, he couldn’t be sure as he wasn’t an expert in Ancient Terran weapons.

Gerdan looked at it, there was no way he could wear that stuff, but he wanted to truly experience and appreciate the program. So, reluctantly he put on the costume.

* Gerdan in his costume.

Henry-VIII_lead-image.jpg

== Tag Velaul ==

#3 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.15 @ 18:43 (06:43 PM)

It has been too long since Beno had been in this place, and part of her did miss it. The grounds were always filled with live entertainment, but once it stopped everyone knew the thundering sound of river dance was about to begin. In large groups of thirty or more, each movement and sound was in complete unison. If you were to look at a River dancer from the shoulders up, they were as expressive as a Vulcan. The rest of it was truly beautiful, and definitely you needed a great cardio exercise. Beno did get the chance to try it on Earth, and the shoes she was wearing even came from thee first time she attempted it. Now that’s she brought her Midshipmen there, Beno loved how excited he was about the whole thing and even dressed the part.

“Excellent job with the attire, but let’s ditch the rank in here Your Grace. Women Military leaders in this timeframe were either killed by the enemy, or burned alive either way not a good ending.”

Looking around at the peasants the men were wearing different kilts, sand only a few of them had the exact same style. The thing with them was they looked aa lot a like, but had different features because they were related. Every kilt in those days were the way people identified as a Family Tart, so naturally none were going to be the same outside the family and it was always the great house of ______.

Placing her are in his, she just wanted to keep up appearances. “There is a shady place around here meant for Lords and Ladies, you definitely fit the bill for a Lordship.” She definitely wanted too see how he would react to this. “We should replicate a small purse with some money in it, and we can pretty much do anything here. Even take a carriage to a castle if we like.” There were so many things she wanted to do but no idea where to start.

==Tag==

#4 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22005.16 @ 06:11 (06:11 AM)

Gerdan was in awe of the setting, the music, the food, the smells, the animals. The peasants, all dressed in period-authentic clothing.  He could hear vendors in the various stalls calling out, “Relics from the Holy Land, Carpets from the finest looms in France, Books…. leather-bound books.” Gerdan smiled at the idea of books being rare and unaffordable to people.

Gerdan spotted a rat scampering across an alley, that’s when he remembered the Plague that devastated Europe, so that rat was a very realistic touch.

Beno’s attention to detail was most impressive he was convinced she must have studied Human history in great detail because she added filthy children dressed in rags that had been sewn and patched. The peasants had all the telltale signs of people who didn’t have a good healthy diet or access to Medical Care.

He saw an old woman; she was dressed in a blue dress with a dirty apron and a bonnet with a badly soiled yellowish patch on it, her face was covered in dirt. She was selling flowers; she was smoking a pipe and had several teeth missing. He even spotted people relieving themselves in the streets. Just when he thought she had missed the clergy; there they were several men all dressed in simple brown burlap looking tunics and sandals with shaved heads with Rosary beads around their waists.

Oh, she is a fantastic holoprogrammer the details, the incredible details. Thought Gerdan.

Yes, Gerdan was a big Husky fellow, but sometimes his symbiont would push its way to the surface causing Gerdan to look fatter than he really was.

Gerdan however, felt beyond conspicuous. He instructed the computer to give him period-appropriate clothing, he had not expected to be dressed as a Lord or a Bishop, he figured the computer would have given him the clothing of a Blacksmith, or a farmer, even a solider.

I feel like a parade float. Thought Gerdan.

Gerdan was somewhat familiar with Terran History, he had visited many places while on Earth, he recognized who he resembled, and he wasn’t particularly happy about it.

I swear if one of these Holograms address me as Lord Henry, I will delete it instantly. Thought Gerdan, as he could feel a wave of embarrassment wash across his face.

“Excellent job with the attire, but let’s ditch the rank in here Your Grace. Women Military leaders in this timeframe were either killed by the enemy or burned alive either way, not a good ending.” Said Velaul.

Gerdan just shook his head and said, “Can we keep the word of my costume or who I resemble just between us?”

Gerdan had forgotten about that, women of this era were considered property, baby producers, and not much more. He could not understand how they could devalue women.

Gerdan wanted to enjoy himself and hopefully help Beno enjoy herself.

“We should replicate a small purse with some money in it, and we can pretty much do anything here. Even take a carriage to a castle if we like.” Suggest Beno.

Gerdan smiled he wasn’t sure what people of the Renaissance did for fun exactly. He knew that People during the Renaissance enjoyed all sorts of entertainment. They went to festivals, sporting events, and played games such as chess, checkers, and backgammon. Perhaps the biggest event was carnival which took place before Lent each year. He wasn’t sure if Beno really wanted to play chess, checker or backgammon.

“Well we can do anything you like, a carriage ride could be fun, but how about something with a little more mystery and intrigue to it?  We could instruct the computer to create it as we go along or one of use could program it for something like Someone is trying to kill us, their most noble King and Queen.” Suggest Gerdan.

Then Beno’s words came back to him, Women Military leaders in this timeframe were either killed by the enemy or burned alive either way, not a good ending. Like Witches. Thought the Husky Trill.

Gerdan knew that most uneducated people believed in Magic and Witchcraft, now to Humans of this time period, two-spotted Trills with symbionts most certainly would be viewed as witches.

“Or…. someone accuses you the Queen or even both of us of Witchcraft.” Offered Gerdan as a possible suggestion of their mutual entertainment, as he reached over to push Beno’s hair to cover her spots.

== Tag Velaul ==

#5 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.19 @ 06:12 (06:12 AM)

Covering her spots didn’t even cross her mind, but the idea of witchcraft did make her laugh a little. She always did have a bit of a crazy side, and it did come out every now and again. “Who knows I might have something cooked up for later.” She had a very mischievous smile as Beno took a look up at the sky for a second. One thing that most people knew about Beno was she always had something up her sleeve, plus there was the roomers going around about what she was capable of.

“Who really knows about what the near future was going to hold.” Shortly after she had a glass of red wine in her hand and enjoying every second of it, and this was definitely one of the major lessons that she wanted to teach anyone. Mostly about how anything can happen, and when they never expected.

The sun looked almost like it was ready to go down, and that is when the fun times really began. The torch light and the ambience of the place started to get better, and so did the drink. There was still a lot of time, and more and more nobleman started to appear. Their clothing was much better than most, and all had a sword attached to their hip with an attitude too match. Another thing that became clear, was the staging area was getting prepared for one heck of a show. There was still a little time before the show was going to start, and Beno looked more relaxed than ever.

“I hope you are ready for a heck of a show My Lord.” Beno said as the music started, and the River Dancers took the stage. There were twenty two of them in total, and all of them in perfect unison. Every step and jump, all timed down to one one hundredth of a second. Their faces had a complete lack of expression, but that really wasn’t what River Dance was about. Beno definitely had a mischievous smile still while watching the show, and one more time looking up in the sky. “Remember My Lord about one singular rule around me, be careful for what you wish for. You might just get it.” This was going to be a test really too see his reaction to everything.

==Tag==

#6 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22005.20 @ 03:46 (03:46 AM)

Gerdan had to admit despite looking and feeling like a parade float in these clothes, he was having a good time.

“Who knows I might have something cooked up for later.” Said Beno, he assumed that was her reply to his idea about them being accused of Witchcraft or the plot to assassinate them.

Gerdan took a sip of something called mead, he thought better of it only after he swallowed his drink. He couldn’t get enough of this program he had seen and even programmed many Holographic adventures in his day, but he would always notice that he had one or two things that were just a little off, but Beno hadn’t missed any detail.

He watched as the River Dancers took the stage, they were incredible each one in perfect step with the one next to them

Gerdan couldn’t help but notice that more people were appearing dressed as he was, each one had a sword, his knowledge of this time period was somewhat limited from what he had seen in old holorecording’s and what he learned from sightseeing on Earth when not at the Academy.

Gerdan noticed that Beno appeared to be very relaxed, but he couldn’t help noticing she kept looking up at the sky, he started to look up as well.

Had she forgot some detail of the program and wanted to see if I would notice. Thought Gerdan.

Gerdan was so enthralled by the Dancers, their feet were like a blur, they were moving. Gerdan focused on them to see if the dancing had a pattern to it. Gerdan had so many questions.

“I hope you are ready for a heck of a show My Lord.” Said Beno, Gerdan felt his face go red, he felt foolish. He was a simple man, playing some overweight tyrant made him feel comfortable. Not as much as the tights climbing up his backside, but still pretty uncomfortable none the less.

“Remember My Lord about one singular rule around me, be careful of what you wish for. You might just get it.” Stated Beno. Gerdan looked at her he wasn’t sure what she meant by that.

“My Lady does the dance have a particular meaning, a celebration of a harvest, or for a good hunt or maybe a deeper more spiritual meaning.” Said Gerdan doing his best to fit it.

== Tag ==

Edited by Cdt Gerdan Venta, Star Date 22005.20 @ 03:49 (03:49 AM).

#7 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.23 @ 17:53 (05:53 PM)

The question was a very valid one, and she really needed to think about the answer. There was no real clear answer to it, but there was research. " The whole River Dance has recorded that suggests it goes back too 400 AD, and it was a Druid ritual Honoring an Oak Tree, in the eighteenth century the Master of dance went to village to village teaching this. It became a step dance, and is the reason that the upper body is mostly stiff and expressionless." It was a small history lesson that she didn't mean to give but there they were.

The second glass of wine came, when the dance was over everything went back to normal. There was defiantly going to  be another dance coming up, but it was going to be at a random time. As the merchants continued their day, there was a small time when the sun was completely blocked out and caused a big shadow. Still Beno looked completely at ease, but could never really stay still at all. This was more common for her than anything, always thinking on her feet. That's how some of her greatest ideas came, and branched off too other better ideas.

Off in the distance there was a trio of young peasant women who walked into the gates, and went over to a table ordering a drink. "I do have to wonder while you were on Earth, what was the best time you ever had?" Beno wanted to know as she really wanted to get to know about him more. How a person has a good time has a lot to do with their personality, and some people she met in science had no personality at all.

==Tag==

#8 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 08:04 (08:04 AM)

Gerdan stood looking at the dancers they were mesmerizing, the rhythmic movements captivated all who saw them no doubt.

" The whole River Dance has recorded that suggests it goes back to 400 AD, and it was a Druid ritual Honoring an Oak Tree, in the eighteenth century the Master of dance went to a village to village teaching this. It became a step dance and is the reason that the upper body is mostly stiff and expressionless." Stated Beno, in a matter of fact way, the way one would expect a teacher to reply to a knowledge-hungry student.

Gerdan took another cup of wine, it was warm and initially foul-tasting, but after a while, it grew on you. Gerdan could feel his symbiont pushing its way to the surface, causing his abdomen to protrude even further than it already did as if it too wanted to truly experience the wonderful details of this amazing program.

"I do have to wonder while you were on Earth, what was the best time you ever had?" Said Beno.

Gerdan had to smile at that question, it was not really a fair question, as he had a significant number of adventures. In his time on Earth.  Gerdan had been to many different places on Earth, he had been to several of the Native American Historical settlements, he really enjoyed seeing the Shimabara Castle in Nagasaki, Japan, in fact, he genuinely enjoyed Japan and its rich history. Then again, he enjoyed exploring the ruins and temples of the Ancient Egyptians they were equally as fascinating, but the place he enjoyed the most had to be Colonial Cuba, the music, the food, the intrigue.

Gerdan loved exploring Earth, he would return to the Academy and hear fellow students tell of their trips to Paris and the Museums and the food or Angel Falls in Venezuela, or the Aztec ruins in Mexico or the Inca ruins in Peru, the statues on Easter Island. Gerdan was fascinated by the Terran culture.

“The best time I ever had on Earth was a week I spent in Colonial Cuba, Havana to be exact. Jenzana and I spent an amazing week in an old colonial Hotel, it was incredible, built in the sixteenth century in the traditional Spanish style of architecture. We attended a recreation of a Slave auction. Toured many Sugar and Tobacco plantations, it was an utterly unique experience, in that the Holographic recreations were so exact and real, it was profoundly disturbing. What I don’t understand about the Terrans is how could a planet with some many diametrically opposed societies and cultures ever make it out into space.” Replied Gerdan.

Gerdan didn’t have to guess what Beno’s best time was, as she clearly was so infatuated with this time period, she didn’t miss a detail in recreating this medieval village.

== Tag ==

#9 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.29 @ 06:06 (06:06 AM)

There was a very long winded explanation on that quest, and most of it was depressing. How mankind got the technology in the first place was grim, and the source of a lot of controversy. “This very question leads into a big lesson I need you to pay very close attention too. Be careful when looking into anything, you will only find the answers you want.”

She let the information sink in for a second. “Mankind has been at each other’s throats for centuries, and even to this day if you look for it than you will always find it. If you look at the history of what made it so wonderful, you will find things like the Olympics. Both winter and summer, men and women waving their flag with pride. You will also see the space race, all of the super powers of the world wanted to be the first in space. The first living creature in space was a dog Laika from the Soviet Union, the first man Yuri Alekseyevich of Mother Russia.” She finished her drink and wanted another.

“The Americans were the first people to land on the moon, and never went back for a very long time.” It was a history lesson wrapped in philosophy, especially when it comes to seeking answers. Never ask a question with an explanation of how the answer is going to turn out, it can and will contaminate any findings.

She loved history especially when it lead to scientific breakthroughs, without them a lot of things she took for granted would never exist. On top of that, she had a lot of fun. Some of her instructors were absolutely mystified by how she was able to thrive in the Academy, and shown little evidence of actually studying.

==Tag==

#10 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22005.30 @ 22:25 (10:25 PM)

Gerdan was fascinated by Beno had said about the different cultures on Earth and how they had achieved Space flight and all, but what Gerdan found totally confusing was the fact the cultures so opposed to each other were even able to do that.

“Commander, I understand what you have said, but when you look at the History of the Terran people, Three World Wars, ethnic cleansing, racial segregation, discrimination based on biological and environmental factors. The idea that they could put those issues aside and take the Great Leaps into Space.  As you well know Trills have a civilization marked by a decided lack of conflict. The combination of environment taking off population pressures, crossed with the stabilizing influence of the peaceful symbionts, helped to make the Trill into intellectuals instead of warriors. Their war was not to subdue other cultures for resources, but rather to tame the environment. I can see easily how we made it into space.” Said Gerdan.

Gerdan had to admire how Beno avoided answering direct questions” So, Commander, how did this time period of Human History become your favorite?” Said Gerdan with a smile on his face.

Let’s see her avoid this one. Thought Gerdan.

Gerdan saw a lovely young woman standing near a pen that contained a Horse, he smiled at her and keeping in Character said, “Young Wench come hither.”

== Tag ==

#11 LCdr Beno Velaul

LCdr Beno Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.03 @ 20:29 (08:29 PM)

Beno had a very clear look as if to say "Are you joking?". Some humour was completly alien too her, but there was a side that didn't really think that he was. Sure they didn't go into the extremes that Trill wouldn't get into, but they were not completly free from termoil. "On Earth they have a saying, its nothing personal its just buisness. Three world wars, and countless of others in between. That is all aside the point, two things you should be aware of." As she looked up in the sky again.

"One is the fact Trill is no stranger to conflict, some people are opposed to the joining process and don't exactly keep it to themselves. Families as a whole have been torn apart as a result, and even worse that that. Vulcan even has its own fair share of conflict, there are Vulcans who don't have a welcome waggon for outsiders and even halfbreeds." There were a lot of other examples she could use, but that would go on all day.

"If you look at the history of many people, you will see conflict even on our beloved Trill Homeworld. Even when you look at the history of science, it always starts off as something to help people live longer and be happy. Sources of power, and even medicine that get bastardized and weaponized making it go in the opisite direction. If you look in the closet of the space race, it is argued there are thousands of skelitons in that closet." It was a bit of a depressing subject, and disrupting happy hour.

"To address the other question, we should take a bit of a walk outside these gates. There isn't enough room." As she walked towards the exit. "This is a time of both Myth and legend, somethings that have never been proven but have been folklore for ages." There was a lot to be said about this time frame, and some of it was fun. She defiantly had a lot of that on Earth, but not everyone has in that time they had there.

==Tag ==