Shuttle to no where

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.16 @ 19:39 (07:39 PM)

==Subplot for Brooks, Pond and Said==

#2 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.22 @ 06:33 (06:33 AM)

Shene took a seat at one of the rear stations, not too far from the replicator; she ordered mineral water and a small salad, as she hadn’t eaten anything all day.

Shene then turned to the forward compartment and asked, “Can I get anyone anything from the replicator?”

Shene was impressed by Commander Brook's answer to her question of what they were doing here.

“I have been requested to go to Star Fleet Medical to do a lecture on new cardiac procedures. I thought you might like to come along. We will be on Earth for four days. My lecture will only take one of those four days. While on our way we will drop Lieutenant Commander Pond off at her folks then we will carry on to San Francisco then we can go anywhere we feel for a day before heading back to the Sheridan.” Said Brooks.

Shene was hugely impressed, as Star Fleet Medical only asks the absolute best to lecture there, but then again Brooks was brilliant. Shene had done some extensive research on him, and found out he was a gifted Doctor, but was confused that he left medical to pursue a command path in Star Fleet.

Maybe he wanted the Command experience so he could Captain a Medical Ship in the future. Thought Shene.

Shene was doing her best to not give in to herself doubt and feelings that people disliked and even feared because she was Half -Klingon. Shene was excited to be visiting Earth again. Three days to have some fun.

“Everyone, my mother owns a house in Hawaii, we can stay there, it has a private Beach and infinite pool and plenty of space and my mother would love the company.” Offered Shene.

Shene was hoping that everyone would say yes, giving her an opportunity to expand her circle of friends Normally, Shene disliked flying in shuttles as most people don’t fly them very well but Nira handled the shuttle like she had been doing it all her life.

“NIra, I must say, flying in a shuttle makes me a bit queasy, but you fly extremely well.” Said Shene. 

== Tag All ==

#3 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 803 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.23 @ 16:08 (04:08 PM)

<<< Shuttlebay <<<

Luna listened intently as the others spoke around her, she was impressed with Dan's location. She was feeling a little out of place, however a chance to see her family was not to be sniffed at.

“I have been requested to go to Star Fleet Medical to do a lecture on new cardiac procedures. I thought you might like to come along. We will be on Earth for four days. My lecture will only take one of those four days. While on our way we will drop Lieutenant Commander Pond off at her folks then we will carry on to San Francisco then we can go anywhere we feel for a day before heading back to the Sheridan.” Said Brooks.

"Well they've only gone and asked for the best" Beamed Luna in response "Maybe I could transport over to join you all just before we head back to the ship, I mean I'll be with my folks for our annual beach bbq but after that I'm free as a bird"

“Everyone, my mother owns a house in Hawaii, we can stay there, it has a private Beach and infinite pool and plenty of space and my mother would love the company.” Offered Shene.

Luna's ears pricked up "That sounds fantastic Shene, what do you think Commander I mean time willing"

Luna had to also agree that Nira was indeed very good helming the shuttle, chimibg in with "I agree I think Im going to enjoy this flight"

==Tag all ==

#4 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.23 @ 17:13 (05:13 PM)

==Subplot for Brooks, Pond, Said and McGill, Time frame outside of mission. Unknown stardate==

Midshipman Said flew the shuttle perfectly out of the shuttle bay of the USS Sheridan. The ship slowly got smaller and smaller behind them as they started on their fairly long journey back. 

The whole round trip would take around ten days. Commander Brooks sent the last message to the Sheridan before they were going to be out of comms range. The First Officer kept an eye on the sensors as Said helmed. 

McGill offered up “Everyone, my mother owns a house in Hawaii, we can stay there, it has a private Beach and infinite pool and plenty of space and my mother would love the company.” 

Daniel spun in the chair and looked in the officers direction, “That would be nice. Once we get into comms range feel free to contact her. I know I should really drop by my family but I think I will leave it to next shore leave if it would be at all possible. You know how it is… Too much to tell them and too little time.” 

Turning back in the chair he looked across to Nira. 

“You are doing well with this Midshipman. Keep up the good work.”

==Time Skip – Ahead One Day==

Everything had been going well within the shuttle. The four officers had been doing a little bit of talking but for the most part was doing their own thing. Commander Brooks had his head looking down into the PADD with his lecture. Going over and over trying to make sure he remembered it without looking at it too much. It was the one thing that gave him a little bit of stress was public speaking to these types of people. 

Looking up from the PADD he said to Nira, 

“If I can’t remember this I am going to look like a fool.” Dan said giving a smile and added, 

“Something that I don’t want to happen.” 

Suddenly the shuttle lurched as if there was a problem with the port nacelle. Dan looked at Nira. 

“Drop us out of warp.” Dan said just as there was another strange sound coming from the rear of the shuttle and several alerts came up on his console. The sensors were giving Brooks a number of reasons but nothing made sense. He also noticed that the leak was getting bigger, he quickly looked around the area for a M class planet. There was one not far away but they would have to fly on impulse and it could take them twenty minutes to get there on impulse engines. 

“Commander Pond, send out a distress call, for anyone in the area to give us assistance. Tell them we are heading to these coordinates and repeat it to the USS Sheridan.” 

Looking at Nira he said “I have entered in the flight plan, just turned us in that direction while I keep an eye out for what it was that may have damaged the shuttle.” 

As the Shuttle turned slowly in the direction of planet. Brooks went to try and at least close the leak that they were now giving off into space. 

==17 minutes later==

Even through Commander Brooks had indeed shut off the first leak another one started further inside the nacelle. Ideally, they needed to put down and take a look at it from the outside as the shuttle approached the planet Dan said to Nira, 

“Take it easy. Don’t rush. We have plenty of time to find a spot to put down.”

As the shuttle started it’s decent all of a sudden there was a loud boom that made everyone feel like an explosion had gone off inside the shuttle itself as it was a deafening noise. Sparks and flames started at the rear of the shuttle. 

“McGill get that fire out.” Said Brooks as the shuttle rocked and started to spin. As it headed towards the planet the spinning started to increase. 

“Nira, I am putting all the power to the starboard engine to counteract the spin.” 

The shuttle inside was filled with smoke and the sounds of a number of alarms going off. 

As the shuttle spin slowed enough between Brooks and Said, Booneville came under some sort of control. 

“We need some where quick to put down.” Commented Brooks looking at the sensors. It was only short range available, long range were out of action. 

“We only have short range sensors so we need to react quickly to anything that comes up in front of us.” Brooks said to Nira. 

“Hold on everyone.” Commander Brooks said as he suddenly realised that the shuttles landing systems was also offline. 

Looking out of the window in front of them there was a large area of sea, the sunlight reflecting off it almost enough to mesmerise them. Shielding his eyes. The First Officer spotted land not far off. 

“Head for that. If we pitch in the water we are done for.” Brooks told Said as the shuttle with it’s limited engine power limped towards the shoreline.

The last couple of minutes felt like it was just will power to get them there as the shuttle went over the shoreline it seemed as if the shuttle itself gave up and all power failed. The shuttle fell out the sky like a rock heading towards dense forest. 

Then finally it hit the ground and travelled several metres before coming to a standstill with the nose of the craft banging hard into a big tree stump.

The hard bang lurched all the occupants inside forward hard that whatever they were in front of came up very fast indeed. 

==Normally the GM will add injuries in some cases this is what I am going to do here==

Said got flung straight into the helm console, face first giving her a gash to the forehead 

McGill who had been at the rear of the craft only suffered minor cuts and bruises

Pond hadn’t been as lucky, her injuries included a sprained wrist and suffered minor concussion from being thrown across the craft and into a bulk head. 

Brooks had been thrown clear out his seat smashing his head into the shuttle window knocking him out for several minutes – this meant the Commander wasn’t aware of a big piece of metal had gone into his upper thigh, there was a fair bit of blood around the area to. Once he would be awake the pain would be unbearable. 

There was an emergency medkit located near the rear console which the two Midshipman would need. Without the sensors working they couldn’t be sure if they were even alone or not on the planet.

==Tag All==

#5 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.24 @ 05:17 (05:17 AM)

Shene was enjoying her the flight when her worst nightmare of using such small shuttles occurred the shuttle started to lurch to port. Shene hated small craft because they try to cram as much as they can into such a small space, it leaves little to no space for soft impacts, often sending people and components into one another, and the small space left little room for the crew to dodge flying equipment.

As the shuttle started it’s decent, suddenly there was a loud boom, Shene looked around to see if she could spot the source of the noise, the explosion had gone off inside the shuttle itself as it was truly a deafening noise. Sparks and flames started at the rear of the shuttle.

“McGill get that fire out.” Said Brooks as the shuttle rocked and started to spin.

Shene started to activate the Fire Suppression system as the computer failed to due to so automatically, she jumped to her feet and grabbed a fire extinguisher and began to fight the fire, the smell of charred wires and plastic filled the cabin. Shene could feel her lungs starting to burn.

As she jumped up, the station she sat at exploded in a fury of glass shards and smoke. She could feel the glass cutting her skin. She winced in discomfort.

“Commander the Fire Suppression system has failed. Attempting to extinguish it manually” Called out Shene.

Shene activated the hand extinguisher and aimed it at the flames and in a back and forth motion she attempted to put the fire out.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Nira get launched headfirst into the helm console. Shene winced in pain as she could hear the glass break and knew that Nira at the very least had a concussion.

Commander Pond was sent hurling across the craft, Shene kept fighting the fire, the portable extinguisher was getting low on the fire suppression foam.

Shene knew that something was feeing the fire, as the hand unit should have quickly put the fire out. Shene quickly looked at the rating on the hand unit to make sure it had the proper rating to extinguish what appeared to be an electrical fire, but she was truly puzzled as it appeared that the foam coming out of the hand unit didn’t seem to be doing much of anything.

When the Commander didn’t reply, Shene looked over to see that Commander Brooks had been thrown clear of his seat his head was bloody. Shene looked in amazement as the Commander was bleeding from a rather nasty wound to his upper thigh, as a large piece of metal.

“Commander………!!!” Shouted Shene as she grabbed the med kit and rushed to their wounded leader.

Shene felt a knot form in her stomach, the idea of Commander Brooks hurt and possibly dying. Almost made her throw up.

Shene grabbed the medical tricorder and began scanning the Commander focusing on his thigh and head.

== Tag Brooks, tag all.==

#6 Mid Nira Said

Mid Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Midshipman
  • USS Sheridan DD-4086

Posted Star Date 22005.24 @ 14:44 (02:44 PM)

<<< Shuttlebay <<<

Nira merely grimaced as she flew out. She didn’t care about how much skill she had in piloting. She had a different preference, and that was not flying. She only accepted being a helmsman for the shuttle in that everybody and anybody can pilot a shuttle; it was no different from driving a car: everybody and anybody could drive a car, then and now, though cars today are entirely different.

Hearing the medical midshipman offer a place to stay at her Hawaiian home, Nira replied without turning around, “Not a bad idea, as long as your mother doesn’t mind telepaths.”

When she heard Commander Brooks compliment her, she replied, “Thanks, but I have to mention, anybody can fly a shuttle. I’m more partial to the tactical station than the helm. Besides which, lessons at the helm I took a backseat, or rather, not trained up as much, back at the Academy.”

For a day, she kept on her focus on the helm, trying to make sure nothing screwed up. Not once has she turned her head, but her telepathy helped her know where everybody was; it was equivalent to the phenomenon known as “the eyes at the back of the head.” All she had to do was feel the emotions of the passengers behind her. It was like a blind man or woman hearing voices and focusing in the direction of the voices.

At one point, she heard Commander Brooks talk about the possibility of forgetting his medical lecture. She had to smile a moment, given she remembered her eidetic memory.

“As if you’d expect me to remember your lecture for you, Commander,” she said humorously.

Then, it went wrong. Just as she expected she would at being on the helm. She had already begun dropping out of warp moments before Commander Brooks ordered so.

When Commander Brooks said that he provided her with a flight path, all Nira could think was Thank Allah. And the Holy Rings of Betazed.

For seventeen minutes, Nira followed the Commander’s flight pattern, leading the shuttle to a coming planet. Nira didn’t feel comfort at Brooks’ reassuring words.

“Y-y-you think?” she said, teeth gritting, her voice bordering on panic. “Any malfunction, in my opinion, on a shuttle, landing procedures need to be commenced as soon as possible, for the love of Allah. And judging from the amount of water, there better be land.”

Then things got worse. An explosion happened in the rear and the shuttle began to spin. Nira squirmed and let out a whimper, trying to prevent a scream. Some consolation came when Brooks put power into the starboard engine to compensate. Then something happened with the shuttle, but to Nira, it was the least of her worries.

Commander Brooks saying that the shuttle needs to be brought down somewhere prompted Nira to make a retort, in her high-strung mood, in Arabic, forgetting the common language spoken by all in the Federation. It translated to a strong equivalent of “obviously.”

“La shyarluk alqarf!”

The comment about short range sensors didn’t do much to reassure Nira. “Oh, sure, so when we’re about to crash into a mountain, the sensors will inform us in advance!” she snapped.

Hearing “hold on,” Nira was prompted to check the landing systems, and sure enough, they were offline.

I swear to Allah and the Holy Rings of Betazed, Nira thought to herself, I am never flying again. Even if it means a court martial for disobeying orders. If I get out of this alive, I’m adjusting my schedule to make sure I don’t get a shift on the helm.

Nira had just noticed land and did her best to make for it. She bit back repeating her strong “obviously” retort in Arabic. Of course, she had hoped to land it on the beach, so as to get a soft landing. Instead, it overshot the beach and just happened to lose power over a forest. Through the drop, Nira finally let out her scream, again screaming in Arabic.

“ALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

She only stopped when the shuttle collided with a stump, resulting in her getting her head flung into the console. She felt the blood and the pain on her forehead. She realized she was lucky; any faster, any harder and her own collision would’ve crushed her skull.

She was practically hyperventilating before she had the sense to look around, the first time she did so since she brought the shuttle out of the shuttlebay. She could see how the other people fared. The medical midshipman, McGill, only had a bunch of cuts and bruises. Commanders Brooks and Pond weren’t so lucky; both seemed to be unconscious and…the first officer had a shard of metal in his thigh.

McGill looked like she was about to throw up. Nira did exactly that when she took it in, prompted by the sheer emotional shock she had experienced the whole time she tried to bring the shuttle down.

“McGill!” she shouted, once she was through regurgitating two days’ worth of meals. “We…have to help the commanders!”

She remembered from her training at the Academy about emergency crash procedures. She knew the emergency medkit was found in the rear console. Fortunately, McGill got it before she could. Looking back, Nira realized that without sensors, they couldn’t tell whether or not they were alone in the planet. Still, all they had to do was survive until the Sheridan could retrieve them, assuming they got their coordinates.

Nira stood, slightly dizzy, maybe from an extremely mild concussion, and approached McGill.

“Is there anything I can do for now?” she asked, knowing full well that the first priority was helping the medics, in this case McGill, with treatment.

==Tag all==

== GM Input - any recommendations for what Nira can do? ==

#7 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 803 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.24 @ 16:12 (04:12 PM)

The flight appeared to be going well and Luna was in the process of contemplating getting stuck into the journey for the long haul with a coffee and doughnut.

"Alright guys does anyone want a dough..."

The rest of the word failed to escape her lips, as the shuttle lurched and threw the young woman up against a bulk head and knocked her out for a couple of minutes.

Coming to, Luna's attention was drawn to the throbbing pain in her right wrist and bright flashes in front of her eyes.

[B]S*** my head[\B] was all she could utter for a moment

"who are you, what day is this, where the h*** are we?" The questions kept coming. Jumping to her feet, Luna sat straight back down again the pain was just too much.

Groggy Luna turned to Nira "Dan... Where's Dan?" she asked as she attempted to stand again. Fortunately she had managed to send the distress call just in time, before the impact had knocked her out.

Trying in vain to find out where they had ended up, Luna turned to the junior officers.

" Could one of you, preferably one who is standing still tell me what in the name of all that is good just happened"

== Tags all round ==

#8 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.24 @ 20:43 (08:43 PM)

Daniel felt being forced forward motion of himself towards the shuttles window in slow motion. 

The bang of his head knocked him out and everything went black. 

See you bring this upon yourself. You really should have gone home before now and told mother and father about the twins… about your promotion… you leave everything too late and too chance. I don’t know how you survived this long….. 

Dan could feel the pulsating of his blood in the distance as well as hear some voices…. He really wanted to bring himself out of this but for all the will in the world it wouldn’t happen. 

Where the hell have we crashed landed… are the rest of them safe…. I wonder what it was on the sensors… Probably never going to… strange… 

Commander Brooks heard a shout in the distance  

“Commander………!!!” 

Brooks could feel something had stuck in him. It felt warm in the area and he felt weakened by it. 

Slowly the Commander started to come around from being knocked out.

“What the hell…   what did we hit… felt like we hit a bus…”  he said feeling the bump on his forehead. 

“At least we have stopped I guess…..” his eyes started to close again just for a moment before reopening.

“Is everyone else okay?” Commander Brooks asked in a quiet low voice as he suddenly became aware of the sudden pain from his upper thigh. 

==For McGill – Tricorder scan will reveal the sharp metal object in Commander Brooks thigh has chipped the thigh bone but nothing unfixable with what was in the medkit. The loss of blood however would be more concerning so the quicker they could fix it the better.

For Said – Assist McGill with checking up on Pond==

#9 Mid Nira Said

Mid Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Midshipman
  • USS Sheridan DD-4086

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 03:14 (03:14 AM)

Nira breathed a sigh of relief. The Commanders were still alive. That was a good thing.

Seeing as Midshipman McGill had her attention on treating Commander Brooks, Nira turned her attention to Commander Pond. She can tell something was wrong with her, the way she was talking.

“I’m standing still, Commander Pond,” she said. “I can’t explain what exactly happened. It was all so fast, so chaotic…all I know is something happened to the engines, the shuttle somehow lost power and we ended up here.”

Seeing Commander Pond was struggling to stand, Nira extended her hand in an offer to help her up. Hopefully, it was the least she could do for the Chief of Security.

As she extended her hand, she asked Commander Brooks, "Commander Brooks, orders? Should I scout around the proximity of the shuttle, try to set up camp somewhere?"

== Tag, particularly to Pond. ==

#10 Lt (JG) Kahe Oza

Lt (JG) Kahe Oza

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Copernicus, GSC-9035
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 04:25 (04:25 AM)

Edited by Lt (JG) Kahe Oza, Star Date 22005.25 @ 04:29 (04:29 AM).

#11 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 04:34 (04:34 AM)

== Disgeguard Oza, she is my co-worker she and were at work and we were both posting, We took our laptops to the break room, they got mixed up as we both are using our work laptops she had Fed Space open and I accidentally posted as her, my bad, sorry for the confusion. ==

#12 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 05:16 (05:16 AM)

Shene was scanning Brooks to see if he had any other injuries. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Nira attempting to help Commander Pond to her feet.

“Nira stop!!!!!!, don’t you remember you Emergency Medical Training, you never move an accident victim without assessing the patient for injuries beyond the obvious, Pond may have a neck injury and by you moving her you make end up paralyzing her.”  Ordered McGill.

Shene scanned Brooks, she was impressed his over all metabolic rate was excellent, for a man who sits and flies a giant computer in space.

Shene felt her head starting to pound, but it was more important to tend to her friends.

“Nira, make Pond comfortable and come over here and assist me with Commander Brook and yes my mother adores Telepaths.” Said Shene.

== Tag All==

#13 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 803 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.25 @ 19:18 (07:18 PM)

"I’m standing still, Commander Pond,” Nira said. “I can’t explain what exactly happened. It was all so fast, so chaotic…all I know is something happened to the engines, the shuttle somehow lost power and we ended up here.”

Luna screwed up her face, the pain from her wrist and head was unbearable.

"But do we know where here, there, somewhere is... Why am I seeing four of you and are you all commissioned by Star Fleet?"

She attempted to draw her phaser and dropped it "Nope we won't be doing that today"

On hearing the Commanders voice, she shouted over the shuttle a little louder then she intended.

[B] "Dan.... Dan are you ok" [\b]

Sitting back for a minute, Luna stared hard at the other two officers "OK I think I've got it Nora and um Flagill."

Clutching her head again she said

"Can I have something for this pounding in my head?"

Trying to get up once again she said.. "OK we need to arm ourselves until we know where we are" stumbling a little towards the shuttle hatch.

== Tags all round ==

#14 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.26 @ 07:40 (07:40 AM)

Shene had been scanning Commander Brooks when she heard Commander Pond speak.

"But do we know where here, there, somewhere is... Why am I seeing four of you and are you all commissioned by Star Fleet?"

Shene detected some disorientation, but that was expected considering what they had just been through.

Shene could feel her tension rising, three people with possible concussions with cerebral hemorrhages wasn’t exactly an ideal situation.

"OK I think I've got it Nora and um Flagill." Said Commander Pond, if Shene was hearing correctly her speech sounded a bit slurred, but she couldn’t be sure, as she to may have damaged her head and the glass from the exploding console may have damaged her ears.

She may be having a stroke. Thought Shene.

“Commander Pond, please remain still. You may have more extensive injuries. I must make sure Commander Brooks is stable. I’ll be right with you.” Instructed McGill.

Shene was worried if Pond was having a Stroke, time meant tissue.

“Nira, I need you to take this Medical tricorder and scan Commander Pond, focusing on her head, particularly the middle cerebral artery.” Ordered Shene.

Shene then turned her attention to Brooks, Shene didn’t miss the fact Commander Pond addressed him as Dan, granted they were both senior officers who had served together for years no doubt, but she called him Dan, not Daniel, Danny or Dan-O, she addressed him more like two lovers who are in the middle of an argument. Shene looked back over to Pond and then back and Brooks, if the two of them were more than casual friends, they both seemed to be hiding it very well.

Brooks it attractive in an average sort of way, but Commander Pond was like Fairy Princess, Icey blue eyes, a fair complexion, so fair that if she were exposed to harsh sunlight she would burst into Flames, she was Petite. Her voice was like a songbird. Shene could understand why men would be attracted to her she was exquisite Shene had heard about her aboard the Sheridan, everyone loved her she never heard a negative thing about her.

Shene prepared a hypospray with ten CC’s of Improvoline, a standard Sedative for Brooks and Pond.

“Commanders, are either one of you allergic to Improvoline?” Asked Shene, as she didn’t need further complications.

== GM-Input- Is Commander Pond having a stroke, or has her injuries caused stroke-like symptoms. Are either Commanders allergic to improvoline? Is their more than a professional relationship going on between the two COmmanders or is Doctor McGill having audio perception issues due to her own injuries? ==

== Tag all ==

#15 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.26 @ 09:49 (09:49 AM)

Commander Brooks was just about back into the real world with a banging headache as well as the bleeding he felt a little woozy. He heard someone voice ask

"Commander Brooks, orders? Should I scout around the proximity of the shuttle, try to set up camp somewhere?"

“Let’s check out our own injuries first before we venture outside.” He replied

As McGill said “Nira stop!!!!!!, don’t you remember you Emergency Medical Training, you never move an accident victim without assessing the patient for injuries beyond the obvious, Pond may have a neck injury and by you moving her you make end up paralyzing her.”  Ordered McGill.

Brooks dropped back out of it for a moment before he heard Pond’s voice "Dan.... Dan are you ok"

“Could be better.” Brooks replied then said “McGill get this bloody thing out of me.” 

McGill then had a short conversation with Said before asking,

“Commanders, are either one of you allergic to Improvoline?”

“Not as far as I’m aware.” Replied Brooks just wanting to get the sharp pointy thing out and patched up so he could figure out what to do next. All the pain going around his system was making him loose track of what was happening. 

==Input as follows for Nira and McGill

Nira - scanned Pond she will see that in fact Pond just had concussion Initial treatment for a concussion is to watch a patient closely for any changes in behaviour or for any new symptoms. An anesthetic and/or an anti-inflammatory may also be administered. Rest is the best way to recover from a concussion. A patient should get plenty of sleep at night and take it easy during the day. Some patients feel normal again in a few hours while others have symptoms for weeks or months. In this situation we are going with a few hours. 

McGill – May have had ear damage due to the loud bang that was in the back of the shuttle near to where herself and Pond had been sitting. 
In regards to the relationship through Brooks and Pond that among other things are going to be explored in this subplot and in future storylines – which is the same for everyone in this thread, as for any relationship like in real life you would find out through discussion in character not through GM Input==

==Tag all==

#16 Mid Nira Said

Mid Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Midshipman
  • USS Sheridan DD-4086

Posted Star Date 22005.26 @ 13:38 (01:38 PM)

Nira flinched when McGill shouted. She relaxed, realizing she might have been doing wrong.

Holy Rings of Betazed, I’m practically still a kid, she thought to herself.

She got the medical tricorder and began scanning, and then said, “Commander Pond just had a concussion and a twisted wrist. There’s a recommendation stating the patient needs to be watched closely for changes in behavior or new symptoms, and an anesthetic or anti-infammatory is required. Can you get her one, McGill?”

Turning back to Commander Pond, Nira said, “Rest for now, Commander, it’ll help the recovery. Then again, sleep always does wonders in healing, doesn’t it?”

She herself remembered after what happened with the Borg, that she slept like a rock, and that was when she was still brooding how useless she was becoming.

==Tag==

Edited by Mid Nira Said, Star Date 22005.26 @ 13:39 (01:39 PM).

#17 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 803 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.26 @ 22:06 (10:06 PM)

“Commander Pond, please remain still. You may have more extensive injuries. I must make sure Commander Brooks is stable. I
’ll be right with you.” Instructed McGill.

Luna slouched on the bulkhead

"Well isn't that just kick you in the crotch,spit on your neck fantastic" she said again slightly louder then she should. But Pond was acting completely out of character and then to add embarrassment to the long list of other things she was feeling, Luna promptly vomited on the spot

"Urrggh typical... Sorry guys add a pool of vom now to your list of potential hazards."

It was then she heard Dan's voice.

“Could be better.” Brooks replied then said “McGill get this bloody thing out of me.”

Luna's face was horrified "oh God what have you done... I can't get to you Flagill and Nora here have said No.. I've got a blinding headache and my phaser hand is well and truly f****ed"

"Ive apparently gotta get some shut eye and if I do for 5 minutes dont go getting into mischief"

Turning to the others she said "Who wants to go with me on a little hike?"

== Tag all ==

#18 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.27 @ 06:25 (06:25 AM)

Shene was slightly annoyed when Brooks said, “Could be better.” Brooks replied then said, “McGill get this bloody thing out of me.” 

Really Commander what did you think I was doing. Thought Shene.

Shene took a deep breath and scanned around the wounded to see it may have damaged his femoral artery, the femoral artery is a large artery in the thigh and the main arterial supply to the thigh and leg. It enters the thigh from behind the inguinal ligament as the continuation of the external iliac artery. If that were damaged Commander Brooks could be facing a long road to recovery.

Once she knew that Brooks wasn’t allergic to Improvoline, she pressed the hypo spry against his neck.

“Here, this should help you relax, Commander.” Said, McGill.

As Shene was preparing to remove the metal fragment from the Commanders' thigh. Nira said, “Commander Pond just had a concussion and a twisted wrist. There’s a recommendation stating the patient needs to be watched closely for changes in behavior or new symptoms, and an anesthetic or anti-inflammatory is required. Can you get her one, McGill?”

Shene looked through the Medical Kit and found a vile of purple liquid, it was Etomethasone, she loaded the hypo-spry with the liquid.

“Nira here is Twenty cc’s of Etomethasone, it’s a steroid that shrinks swelling in severely inflamed tissues and prevents leakage of fluids from damaged cells. Inject Commander Ponds wrist, on both the top and bottom and both sides, you may have to massage her wrist a little, plus it should help with the Concussion, as well.” Instructed Shene.

Shene was amazed at how incoherent Commander Pons was. Shene smiled a little, especially when she said, "I’ve apparently gotta get some shut-eye and if I do for 5 minutes don’t go getting into mischief"

Shene couldn’t help but reply. “Well, do our best to stay out of trouble.”

Shene watched as Nira was taking care of Commander Pond.

“Nira, you would make a decent nurse. I’m impressed. “Stated McGill.

== Tag All ==

#19 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.27 @ 21:21 (09:21 PM)

Dan was starting to realise he clearly wasn’t a very good patient. 

McGill pressed the hypo spry against his neck.

“Here, this should help you relax, Commander.” She said which within seconds it was working. 

The sedative had an immediate calming effect as Dan. 

While the sedative was at work, he knew they needed to get themselves patched up. Some kind of make shift camp and send out a distress call… from what his eyes had seen it seemed the shuttle was in such a bad way there was probably little power at all. 

==Moving us forward slightly, 

Brooks  - Once he comes around from the surgery will find his leg still sore and would have to rest it every once in a while. 

McGill – Work on Brooks leg would take around an hour. Purely because she was working with little light in the shuttle and the fact, they had to lay the Commander out on the shuttle floor as to remove the metal pointy object. 

Said – Assisting McGill they worked through it together with relative ease. Once McGill no longer needed her, she went to assist Pond in setting up camp.

Pond – Was still a little bit groggy but now was feeling a lot better and not so confused, she would start to look around the shuttle and start looking at setting up camp. ==

#20 Mid Nira Said

Mid Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Midshipman
  • USS Sheridan DD-4086

Posted Star Date 22005.27 @ 23:54 (11:54 PM)

“No, Commander! You need rest!” snapped Nira, and when she heard McGill’s comment that she would’ve made a good nurse, she turned red and said further, “Crap no. Only for emergencies. Although the way things are going on the Sheridan, I think I would be better suited as a nurse than a useless tactical officer who’s always assigned the helm when she’d rather not be at the helm, and has not studied the helm as much as the Academy!”

She stopped ranting a moment to catch her breath and resumed helping McGill, keeping her mouth clenched shut, because she didn’t want to start another angry rant. Needless to say, she had turned red, so red that she could’ve looked like she caught a sunburn. She was just insulted.

For the most part, Nira drifted between handing McGill the right materials for treatment and making sure Commander Pond had rest, groggy as she was. The entire time, she kept her jaw clenched shut, so tightly, it looked like she had contracted some form of lockjaw.

Once Commander Pond was recovered enough, Nira joined her in helping to set up camp. A walk would definitely help. The crash site only reminded her of the final straw she had with manning any form of helm. She swore she was never flying again. She was going to turn down offerings at the helm. She was going to arrange her schedule, when she got back aboard the ship, so as to make sure that her shifts on the bridge didn’t coincide with the helm. She didn’t care if it meant a court-martial for disobeying a superior officer. She was through with piloting. Period.

==Tag==

#21 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.29 @ 21:24 (09:24 PM)

Shene was relieved that Brooks wasn’t severely wounded, but the operating conditions weren’t the best the lighting in the Shuttle was on minimal levels to conserve power. But being Half Klingon meant she had fairly good night vision.

Shene took a deep breath, it took her almost two hours to get the Commander squared away.

WOW, not exactly what they teach at the Academy, operating in low light conditions, maybe I should suggest that be added to the curriculum. Thought Shene.

Shene started looking around for a mirror or other intact reflective surface, as she had to treat her own injuries as well as Nira’s.  As she was unable to find anything to see herself in, she made her way outside.

She stepped out of the shuttle and she looked around, this planet was beautiful. She looked around for Pond and Nira.

“Commander Pond...Nira…!!! Where are you. “Called Shene, as she didn’t want to stray too far from the shuttle in case Commander Brooks need her.

From what Shene could see Pond and Nira had made a rather cozy campsite. Someone arranged rock in a circle, to help retain the heat, but to also keep the fire from spreading. As neither Pond nor Nira could be seen she assumed that they were off gathering Firewood or maybe something to eat.

“Commander Pond, Nira…where are you.” Shouted McGill.

If it had been up to Shene she would have suggested that they stay in the shuttle, as it offered protection from the elements and wild animals, but with now power, the sun would bake it during the day and it would be freezing at night.

Hopefully, we will be rescued soon. Thought Shene.

Shene spotted a fallen tree, she assumed it came down when they crashed, she took a seat and waited for Pond and Said to return.

== Tag All ==

#22 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.30 @ 21:35 (09:35 PM)

Commander Brooks was out for the count while McGill went about her work on his thigh. 

Meanwhile there was a number of thoughts going through the Commanders head. 

“Dan… Dan… you coming in… it’s late.” 

“Give me ten more minutes mother.” He called back to the voice faint in the distance.

Dan was lied down on the hillside under a tree not far from the Brooks Family Farm. It was at this time the young man decided he would join Star Fleet. Watching the stars in the night sky like he had done many times… he now decided to make something of his life. 

Walking slowly down the hill back into the farm, Daniel said, “Mum, Dad, I have decided that I’m joining Star Fleet. I want to explore the stars, the planets.” 

“Really… you really want to follow your Uncle into that load of sneaky good for nothing people.” Scoffed his father. 

“Dad, they aren’t all bad you should know this. One bad apple in amongst them. Don’t tar them all with the same brush. Would you lump Uncle Sean in on that assumption?”

His father went quiet…. 

The next image that came to mind was his passing out of the Academy and his first assignment on the Copernicus. Remembering meeting two other Midshipman not long out of there themselves, Midshipman Fields and Powell. Fields would go on and become the CO of the Copernicus while Powell became his best friend….. I wonder where he is right now… having the sense to leave Star Fleet…. Should I? What would I do… I live for this… 

The following image that floated across his mind was Elspeth St.Vrain. He never knew where she disappeared to… one unanswered question in many…. It brought him to the mission where him and her were tortured… his outputs fluctuated briefly while his eyes showed rapid eye movement behind the eye lids. 

It then resettled as his mind went forward to when Powell left… and jumped forward again to moving to the Sheridan…. Lunori .... the twins... 

He heard a shout in the distance. It sounded like McGill calling for the rest of the crew… he had a job to make it out. 

==Hour later==

Dan was just coming around. His eyes opened to see the ceiling of the shuttle looking back at him. Slowly and carefully he got up into a sitting position. Before using a console to pull himself up on. His leg still felt sore but that was to be expected. Taking a few minutes to get his breath back, Brooks heard the voices of the other three officers outside the shuttle. 

Daniel thought he could smell a bit of smoke on the air as if someone had started a fire. Looking across the shuttle he noticed a tricorder lodged between a console and bulkhead. Moving carefully, he got over to it. Taking a couple of minutes, he eventually freed it. Lucky enough it had survived the crash. 

Opening it up it had power and Daniel started to scan the area. It showed a heat source not far away with three people sat around it. The scans didn’t show any other beings in the area but on the outer reaches it showed something that looked like an edge of some kind of settlement. Daniel decided it would be a good idea to try and keep away from them as they weren’t sure of their ability’s. 

He noticed that the shuttle had little power and they would probably have to make their own distress beacon. In the very least it be a couple of days before they failed to arrive at the destination. Then it would be a missing and the Sheridan would be notified but that would take them a little while to search and find them. 

Daniel slowly got up and moved towards the open hatch on the shuttle. Looking out he saw McGill, Said and Pond in full conversation with a fire going as it was starting to get dark. 

Brooks moved over with a slight limp to the group before taking seat on another piece of wood and stretching out his right leg. 

“How is everyone?” he asked trying to give out a confident smile. ==

==Tag All==

#23 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22005.31 @ 09:17 (09:17 AM)

Shene was more than annoyed when she spotted Commander Brooks, seating himself around the campfire.

Really why do Senior Officers all make the worst patients, not to mention a man with a medical background? Thought Shene.

“Commander what in the world are you doing out here, I really wouldn’t advise you being out here, a man in your condition really should be in the safety of the shuttle. What if a wild animal attacks us, we three can evade an attacker much easier than you. You would be much safer and comfortable in the shuttle” Said McGill, looking at Pond and Nira for conformation her assessment.

Shene was truly amazed at the Commanders' stamina, if she didn’t know better one would think he must have Klingon blood, but still, her medical assessment of the Commander was correct his leg is stiff and he can’t move as quick if he had to.

However, after a few days of rest then maybe he might be more limber but if she had to guess he would probably be stiff for at least a week to ten days, but without the proper medical equipment she couldn’t be so sure as to how long it would be for the Commander to achieve one hundred percent recovery.

== Tag All ==

#24 LCdr Luna Pond

LCdr Luna Pond

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 803 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.01 @ 16:05 (04:05 PM)

== Sorry for the delay quirks of a newborn 😂 ==

== Back posting ==

After a little while, Luna's head started to ease she assumed that what she was given was a form of painkiller but she was previously so out of it that she didn't really pay much attention to much around her. Making her way out of the shuttle she turned to Nira.

"Come and help me set a campsite up, we need firewood etc and keep your wits about you I'm not sure what exactly we will come across once we leave the safety of the shuttle. However we need to keep warm and try and get hold of something to eat, as who knows when we will be rescued. I did however manage to send a distress call to the ship just before we landed here, so not all doom and gloom."

== present timeline ==

Luna had been busy arranging the surrounding rocks into a circle around the campfire and had lit the first of the sticks she had collected, to start warming the area up. She had just gone out of sight, collecting more fuel for the fire when she heard McGills voice.

“Commander Pond, Nira…where are you.” Shouted McGill.

Luna stuck her head out from where she was.

"Just here McGill", she called out

Once camp was ready, Luna took a seat and waited for the others to join her.

"So... I wonder where we've ended up then" Luna said

After a little while Luna's ears pricked up to the sound of Dan's voice. She wondered why he had taken it upon himself to impede his recovery further by overdoing it now.

"How is everyone?” he asked trying to give out a confident smile.

It was Shene however that beat her to it.

“Commander what in the world are you doing out here, I really wouldn’t advise you being out here, a man in your condition really should be in the safety of the shuttle. What if a wild animal attacks us, we three can evade an attacker much easier than you. You would be much safer and comfortable in the shuttle” Said McGill

Luna's soft song like tones agreed.

"Yes Commander I have to agree here, you don't need to impede your recovery further, surely you would be more comfortable in the shuttle."

When she caught sight of Nira, she moved over to check on her.

"Hey Nira are you OK?"

== Tag all ==

#25 Mid Shene McGill

Mid Shene McGill

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.02 @ 04:37 (04:37 AM)

Shene sat relaxing when she heard Commander Pond reply to her calling, "Just here McGill"

Shene noticed Pond's face change when she spotted Commander Brooks resting near the campfire.

"Yes, Commander I have to agree here, you don't need to impede your recovery further, surely you would be more comfortable in the shuttle." Said Commander Pond.

Shene was surprised to hear Commander Pond supporting her in her assessment of Commander Brooks, but she was a fine one to talk. Pond with her concussion should be resting and taking it easy.

"So... I wonder where we've ended up then," Luna said.

That was an excellent question, Shene looked around again this planet whatever it was, was absolutely beautiful. So similar to Earth, but sometimes the most beautiful worlds harbor the deadliest of creatures.  

“Oh, and Commander Pond, I don’t recall giving you clearance to resume normal activities at this point and time. You did after all have a head injury. I will overlook it this time, but I must insist that you sit down and rest for the remainder of the day.” Said Shene, her tone had a pretend mocking to it mixed with a degree of seriousness. As she folded her arms across her chest.

Shene had the feeling that Pond being Chief of Security no doubt had the idea that she was indestructible, and she had a feeling that she would probably have an argument with her over her returning to duty.

“Nira when you get a moment I would like to tend to your injuries.” Instructed Shene.

== Tag All ==

#26 Mid Nira Said

Mid Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Midshipman
  • USS Sheridan DD-4086

Posted Star Date 22006.04 @ 13:40 (01:40 PM)

It took Nira an hour to help with setting up the campsite and to get a fire going and to spend the rest of said hour in front of the fire brooding. She hated how far the day was going. Although she couldn’t determine what was worse, getting incapacitated by the noise from the Borg, or having to be at the helm when a shuttle crashed. If it had been anybody else, they would’ve just brushed it off, but this was Nira, a girl who pushed aside the helm in her Tactical studies to focus on everything else to do with Tactical, only to end up spending more time at the helm and less time actually at Tactical.

With all that brooding, her telepathy went nuts, and so she felt the various feelings of her colleagues around her. She didn’t even bother to keep her telepathy in control, she was so downright unhappy.

She had felt Commander Brooks trying to get out of the shuttle; it was a sort of sensation like describing it as “eyes at the back of your head.” Then the other two women approached, Commander Pond to ask if Nira was all right, and McGill to treat her injury.

“By all means, McGill, go ahead,” said Nira bitterly in her unhappiness. “Treat me as I talk now. And Commander, you asked if I was okay. Suffice it to say,” she added, gritting her teeth, “no, I am not okay.

“Do you realize ever since I’ve come aboard that stupid ship,” she said, starting an angry rant, “I’ve spent more time on the helm and less time actually attending to Tactical crap? I haven’t even studied the helm at least once! I put it aside to focus more on the rest of Tactical. I am not a pilot; piloting a shuttle is common in everybody. And guess what? I keep getting assigned the helm! NOBODY seems to CARE that I am not a helmsman at the very least! Now I pilot a shuttle, and guess what happens?!? Something happens that leads me to crash the blasted craft! I could’ve studied Security at the Academy as my major, but nooo, most of the classes are more for the grunts, I mostly used law and justice courses as electives! I would’ve at least hoped to have expanded to an investigator, someone to cooperate with Intelligence personnel, but nooo, I. KEEP. GETTING. THE. ALLAH. FOR. SAKE. EN. HELM!!! I NEVER WANT TO FLY AGAIN! COURT-MARTIAL ME, THROW ME OUT OF STARFLEET IF YOU WISH!!! I DO NOT INTEND TO FLY AGAIN!!! I MUST BE A FOOL TO THINK STARFLEET COULD BE A POTENTIAL HOME!!! I HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!!! PERHAPS ALLAH COULD BE A LOT MORE ACCOMMODATING RIGHT NOW!!! IT’S EITHER STARFLEET OR GO DIRECTLY TO HIM!!! THAT'S RIGHT! NOBODY WILL CARE IF I AM GONE!!! NOBODY CARED IF AN UNHELMSMANLIKE WOMAN KEEPS GOING TO THE HELM!!! NOBODY CARES IF I WILL BE THE POTENTIAL DEATH OF A SHIP'S CREW!!! BECAUSE OF THIS!!!”

Her rant grew to a shout, she kept yelling her rant until her voice was sore, and tears flowed, and soon her voice was so sore, she couldn’t talk, and so all she did was rend the air with cries of anguish, just losing her head. She was so sick of everything. She hated the job she had now. And it was true; she thought Starfleet would be a potential home now that she had no home to go, but the way things were going, if she were to resign or be court-martialed or discharged…the next best thing was suicide. Literally.

==Tag all==

Edited by Mid Nira Said, Star Date 22006.04 @ 13:41 (01:41 PM).

#27 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1920 posts

Posted Star Date 22006.04 @ 16:39 (04:39 PM)

Commander Brooks looked at McGill slightly amused as he had been in her position once upon a time and senior officers are well known for not listening to medical advice, 

“Commander what in the world are you doing out here, I really wouldn’t advise you being out here, a man in your condition really should be in the safety of the shuttle. What if a wild animal attacks us, we three can evade an attacker much easier than you. You would be much safer and comfortable in the shuttle” Said McGill, looking at Pond and Nira for conformation her assessment.

Pond’s soft song like tones agreed.

"Yes Commander I have to agree here, you don't need to impede your recovery further, surely you would be more comfortable in the shuttle."

Brooks gave a smile, 

“And miss out having the chance to get to know you all while stuck in that shuttle… that be ever so boring.” 

"So... I wonder where we've ended up then," Pond said.

Dan looked across to her, “It will be something to try and find out in the morning. Weather we can get enough power to send a distress call and even see if the sensors could work. They may provide us with more information on where we are.”

“Oh, and Commander Pond, I don’t recall giving you clearance to resume normal activities at this point and time. You did after all have a head injury. I will overlook it this time, but I must insist that you sit down and rest for the remainder of the day.” Said Shene, her tone had a pretend mocking to it mixed with a degree of seriousness. As she folded her arms across her chest.

Commander Brooks smiled “See Pond, behave yourself.” 

It was then Nira started talking and suddenly she went into a rant. 

“By all means, McGill, go ahead,” said Nira bitterly in her unhappiness. “Treat me as I talk now. And Commander, you asked if I was okay. Suffice it to say,” she added, gritting her teeth, “no, I am not okay.

“Do you realize ever since I’ve come aboard that stupid ship,” she said, starting an angry rant, “I’ve spent more time on the helm and less time actually attending to Tactical crap? I haven’t even studied the helm at least once! I put it aside to focus more on the rest of Tactical. I am not a pilot; piloting a shuttle is common in everybody. And guess what? I keep getting assigned the helm! NOBODY seems to CARE that I am not a helmsman at the very least! Now I pilot a shuttle, and guess what happens?!? Something happens that leads me to crash the blasted craft! I could’ve studied Security at the Academy as my major, but nooo, most of the classes are more for the grunts, I mostly used law and justice courses as electives! I would’ve at least hoped to have expanded to an investigator, someone to cooperate with Intelligence personnel, but nooo, I. KEEP. GETTING. THE. ALLAH. FOR. SAKE. EN. HELM!!! I NEVER WANT TO FLY AGAIN! COURT-MARTIAL ME, THROW ME OUT OF STARFLEET IF YOU WISH!!! I DO NOT INTEND TO FLY AGAIN!!! I MUST BE A FOOL TO THINK STARFLEET COULD BE A POTENTIAL HOME!!! I HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!!! PERHAPS ALLAH COULD BE A LOT MORE ACCOMMODATING RIGHT NOW!!! IT’S EITHER STARFLEET OR GO DIRECTLY TO HIM!!! THAT'S RIGHT! NOBODY WILL CARE IF I AM GONE!!! NOBODY CARED IF AN UNHELMSMANLIKE WOMAN KEEPS GOING TO THE HELM!!! NOBODY CARES IF I WILL BE THE POTENTIAL DEATH OF A SHIP'S CREW!!! BECAUSE OF THIS!!!”

That is very unexpected

Commander Brooks looked across at Nira and said, 

“Take a seat, I can talk to the Chief Tactical and move your duties so you are no longer on the helm if you wish but you might find it isn’t as interesting but if you want a quiet life we can do that for you.” 

He paused, 

“During our careers we all end up doing something we didn’t want to do. Crashing this shuttle isn’t your fault. It could be mine for not making sure anything came up on the sensors. Everyone get’s bitten by the excitement when going into the Academy but coming out here into the real universe can have all kinds of effects on people. My career path for example wasn’t straight forward. I joined as a Doctor in Medical. It was one of those areas that I enjoyed. Within a short time, I ended up as Acting Chief Medical Officer on the Copernicus. The first mission in that role was a little bit terrifying but as soon as I was promoted to second officer that was where my real troubles started. It was a conflict. I wanted to be in sickbay but I had a role on the Bridge and at one point became Acting First Officer. It made me leave my original career path… which sounds a bit like what happened to you Said. Over the years I came to accept it. Now, the question you wanting to ask is why did I accept such a role. I wanted a new challenge and being offered such a role I took it on. Now all these years on I am the First Officer of the Sheridan. The move was done by StarFleet for me to come over as their CMO much to my CO’s disgust as she wanted to keep me but orders are orders.” 

Daniel realised he was going on a bit. 

“As Midshipman, you will feel a mixture of emotions. From excitement to terrified. Believe me you still get those emotions but you start to hide it well like Vulcans.” He gave a smile. 

“I along with everyone else Nira, aren’t judging you on your helming or the such like. We are still expecting you to learn and to be honest. The time you need to start to worry is when you get to Lieutenant Junior Grade because by then we expect you to know what your doing.” 

Brooks looked across to McGill, 

“You have done well McGill in fixing us up.” 

Before he turned his attention to Commander Pond, 

“I managed to find a working tricorder. It does show a settlement but it on the outer reaches of the sensors. I would like us to try and maintain our distance until we can either get the shuttle to work or our distress call is answered. Either way I totally agree we shouldn’t get involved in a First Contact situation at this stage. We would need to find out who we might be dealing with first.”

Daniel leaned forward slightly, 

“We are lucky to survive so far… let’s keep surviving and keep a cool head. All right everyone?”

==Tag all==