5 replies to this topic

#1 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-20004

Posted Star Date 22006.23 @ 08:25 (08:25 AM)

== This is a subplot for the dinner date between Lab Tech Pierre Breton, and Dr Julia Troy ==

== All main mission posting takes priority over this thread ==

#2 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Engineering Officer

Posted Star Date 22006.23 @ 08:27 (08:27 AM)

== NRC – Lab Tech Pierre Breton – Human Medical ==

Pierre had, after looking in to what limited possibilities he had open to him as far as places he and Julia could go for dinner. The mess hall or the holodeck. He had finally taken up on the offer of the use of the holodeck program Andersen had suggested.

It was a small Italian bistro. He wasn't sure where it was, but it certainly wasn't in Italy. It looked to be situated on a back street in a nondescript city somewhere on Earth. There was a street sign. [Orme Passage]. It meant nothing to him.

The tables out front were covered in some sort of plastic red chequered cloth, with a fake yellow flower in the centre of each.

A faded red canopy that had seen too many seasons gave some shade, and this too had some sad looking plastic grapevine intermixed with fairy lights tied to it.

He'd arrived early to make sure it was good to go. He wished he'd had more time to spruce it up, but it was too late now.

Pierre had in his head, dressed smart casual. Dark shoes and slacks. Plain shirt. Plain tie, and a nice cardigan.

The owner of the establishment appeared. “Good evening, Sir. Mister Breton? Table for two?” he asked.

Pierre, turned to face him. The man was dressed in a black jacket and trousers and white shirt. “Yes. Just waiting for...” he paused, not quite knowing how to say the next part. “For, my, date to arrive.”

“In that case, just make yourself comfortable for the moment, Sir. I'm sure the lady will be along very soon. Can I get you anything while you wait?”

“Just a glass of water for the moment.” Pierre replied, his throat feeling a little dry.

The man nodded and headed back inside. Leaving Pierre to feel nervous on his own.

== And Tag to Troy. Feel free to arrive precisely when you intend to. ==

#3 Mid Julia Troy

Mid Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Medical officer
  • USS Nickola Tesla LE-20004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.23 @ 22:12 (10:12 PM)

After standing outside for a minute to check to make sure everything was in order. Julia entered wearing a red knee length dress with an opening down to the bottom of her shoulder blades and a v-neck and walked up to Pierre. Julia could sense that he was just as nervous as she was. She spoke up saying "Hello. Does this look alright? I hope that this will go somewhere."

Julia noticed the place that they were at. It was a beautiful place for a first date. She started to think Why am I nervous, and that I hope that we can get past it. I really hope that we go on more dates.

"This is a beautiful place here." Julia said to Pierre.

==Tag to Pierre==

#4 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Engineering Officer

Posted Star Date 22006.24 @ 18:29 (06:29 PM)

== NRC – Lab Tech Pierre Breton – Human Medical ==

After a few more minutes, which felt like an eternity, the sound of the holodeck opening made Pierre turn around in time to see Julia enter.

When you see someone day to day wearing the same blue uniform, the contrast of that same person dressed in red stopped him in his tracks. The way she looked, she deserved far more that this setting Pierre couldn't help but chastise himself as he walked over to her.

“Hi, you look. Incredible.” he managed as he wanted to dig himself a hole.

At this moment the owner of the establishment appeared again. “Madam, Sir. If you will follow me. Your table is ready.”

Pierre looked at Julia and held out his hand for her to take. “After you.” He said.

== I'll leave you to describe the inside of the restaurant. Paint me a picture... ==

#5 Mid Julia Troy

Mid Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Medical officer
  • USS Nickola Tesla LE-20004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22006.27 @ 05:18 (05:18 AM)

Julia took his held out hand to go in the Bistro. What she didn't expect was it was set up where all the tables were decked out with the same red checkered table cloth. There was candles and a flower arrangement on each table. The lights were on low with soft Italian music playing. She guessed that the Italian Bistro at night was different than it was during the day.

Was lead to a table that was reserved for them. After she was paid a compliment she said "Thank you. I made this dress myself. It's casual but it sets everything off just right."

Damn I need to quit doing this to guys. I'm always embarrassing them or chasing them off. I really do hope that I stick with this one so I won't do the arranged marriage with someone from home. At least he is a perfect gentleman. Julia thought to herself when she sat down in the chair that was pulled out for her.

She didn't know that she was hungry till after she sat down. Julia knew what they wanted but didn't want to order for him. At least she waited till they were ready to order.

Julia thought that the Italian Bistro was beautiful at night.

==Tag==

#6 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Engineering Officer

Posted Star Date 22007.02 @ 18:52 (06:52 PM)

As they entered the bistro Julia told him that she had made her dress herself.

A woman of many talents. He thought with a small smile.

The whole restaurant took on a more traditional rustic air. The tables were still the same as outside, but now they seemed more in keeping with the atmosphere. The overall ambiance.

The waiter took them to a table, and offered them wine. Pierre didn't really know much about wine beyond it came in red or white. He allowed Julia to choose.

“I will leave you to browse the menu.” Said the waiter taking several steps back.

In the background, the fragrant smells of cooking could be faintly detected in the air, and the sound of a balalaika could be heard gently playing somewhere toward the back.

The menu was written in Italian, with a Federation standard translation in smaller text underneath. Starters, Mains, Dessert.

Pierre didn't really know what he would choose. Though he himself was of European descent, he wasn't really an adventurous eater. He looked up at Julia and her dark eyes.

“Maybe you would like to choose for us?” He asked. “And then you can tell me all about yourself.”

He said the last part as he rested his left hand on the table and gently took hers. He felt nervous, and he hoped she couldn't sense it.

Who was he kidding. She's a Betazoid. She probably knows everything about me. I'm an open book to a woman like this...

== Okay, what did you choose. Red or White? Tell me what's on the menu. Be as descriptive as possible. The sights, sounds, smells. Everything. Feel free to make up a stray memory, thought or emotion you sense coming from Pierre, that you can drop into conversation to embarrass him or something. ==