#1 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1719 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-20004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.04 @ 19:29 (07:29 PM)

==This is the subplot thread for post-mission shore leave on Narendra Station==

#2 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Chief Science Officer/First Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-2004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.05 @ 01:44 (01:44 AM)

Walking on the station the last thing in the world that she wanted to think about was the mission, nothing really good came from it and at the same time it wasn't a complete failure. There was a lot of steam that she needed to blow off, and it wasn't because of her roll as First Officer. It was the roll of Chief Science Officer, things in her department gave her a bit of a headache. She walked around a bit on the distant side, and came across where the holodecks were. Walking into the Holodeck, she had the mischievous smile. 

It's Mardi Gras time, time to relive what was one of the greatest times of this life. 

"Computer start up the Mardi Gras program." Shortly after the request was made, the room looked like Mardi Gras. The sound of Jazz music could be heard everywhere, and there was a giant parade. People in brilliant costumes, and very vibrant colors that just popped. People walking around on giant stilts, and some that seemed like they were breathing fire. People were dancing in the street, drinking and having a great time. It was exactly how she remembered when she was on Earth. It was just then that Beno knew that she wasn't dressed appropriately, she was dressed in her uniform and it needed to be changed.

Changing into something that exposed her shoulders, and was a little low cut but it was tasteful as it didn't show too much. A dress that went to just above the knee, and stockings that went just below the knee. Her shoes were high heels that were open toed, and 4" high. She was ready for a great time, and knew where she wanted to go first. It was going to be an amazing time, and she did hope that some of the crew would join her.

==Tag anyone-- Venta==

#3 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1719 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.05 @ 03:43 (03:43 AM)

==Love the idea of a Mardi Gras theme. Going to change some things around so the whole crew can make it.==

Receiving the crew invite from his First Officer to a Holodeck on Narendra intrigued Jason. He wondered what Velaul could have planned. As he knew this was post-mission, he had opted not to wear his uniform. However, with not having a dress code, Jason instead went with a dark blue tee shirt and a pair of black slacks. He figured he'd change to whatever attire it called for when he saw the program.

Sure enough, he reached the Holodeck and checked out the reading. Noting it had been logged for Nikola Tesla crew only (which was definitely needed to hopefully avoid party crashers), he then took a look at the program itself. A smile tugged on his face, seeing the old Earth tradition of Mardi Gras as the setting. He was sure some of his crew would be confused, but a brief history and expectations would help to decide how to dress. As it was, Jason programed the wardrobe to give him a simple red dress shirt, black vest, with a vibrant blue tie. Complete with navy slacks and crimson dress shoes, Jason was ready to enjoy the festivities. He rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt to his elbows.

He listened to the sights, sounds, and smells all around him. He would definitely have to stop and get some food, but right now, something else had caught his attention.

A live band was playing a mix of jazz and rock that Jason remembered well. He also noted the empty seat and bass laying beside it. He approached the band, who smiled as they saw him coming.

"Need a bass player, fellas?" he asked, indicating to the empty seat. They welcomed him to the band, and he took the seat, setting the bass up and tuning it, and then, once everything was set, listened as the music started anew, of which he joined in. Though not his usual beat of pure rock, he admitted that he enjoyed the tune, and played well along with it, allowing the stress of the last mission wash away by the strumming of the chords.

==Tag any and all==

#4 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.07 @ 18:57 (06:57 PM)

The memo that had appeared in his inbox had been a general invite to all of the crew of the Tesla. It didn't detail any specific theme at the time, only stating to attend the holodeck on the station and an open time slot. Casual dress was recommended.

Even before the doors of the holodeck opened, he could hear the muted sound of music being played within. The full on wall of what sounded to Asfar like a fusion of Jazz, Caribbean and Rock was something of a shock to the senses when the doors actually opened.

Revellers partied in the streets. A costumed parade had just passed, and another looked to be ready begin rounding the corner any moment. Bars ran along the length of the street, each with live music playing in them. Several of Tesla's crew seemed to be enjoying themselves in the partying atmosphere.

One of the bands caught his eye briefly. Not for the music they were playing, but because one of the group. The guy strumming the base looked a bit like the Captain.

Asfar shook the thought from his head and continued along. It had been a long mission for him, and he needed to take some time to unwind and get his mojo back in order.

Without realising it, someone had managed to put a drink in his hand. He held it up. It looked like a Long Island Iced Tea. Looking about for who had done it, he didn't recognise anyone in particular, so shrugging he took a sip and continued on his way.

== Ensign Perdita Gold – Security ==

As soon as the doors had opened, Perdita's eyes had gone wide at the party atmosphere before her.

The first thing she did was find herself a long feather boa, a Magnum of Champaign, and a pint glass. She was going to have a wonderful evening.

== That's all I got for now. ==

#5 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.07 @ 23:43 (11:43 PM)

==NPC Carley Young==

Entering the Holo deck, Carley had a bit of a surprise up her sleeve. She had a holo program that was meant too add someone too the program, and changing nothing more about it. It was going to be something special too Beno, and she would never see it coming. Mardi Gras was the one place where things started to click, and move forward. She might get yelled at for doing this but it was the risk she was willing too take, and the best part of all it was much needed as it was over due.

The one thing Carley wanted to do now, was to blend in to the background looking at everything that entered, and hoped that the whole crew was going to be there. It was much needed for everyone, sometimes when technology takes off you just need a blast from the past.

==Tag Anyone== 

#6 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.08 @ 20:44 (08:44 PM)

Onyx was not in the best of moods when he got the invitation to attend this, whatever it was. Being unfamiliar with everything, it came as a slight surprise to witness what appeared before him. Between his Captain joining the band on the stage, catching sight of the highly casual dress of his First Officer, as well as seeing some of the other crew, including one of his own, was enough for him to want to turn around.

Instead, Onyx walked in and observed, his senses going on overload. His ears, his nose, and his whiskers did their best to try and separate everything, and this would be no easy task. As he did with the last party he was on, Onyx reminded himself of the rules. With those rules firmly set, he ensured that an intoxicated Mirak is off the table. In reality, Onyx was completely outside of his comfort zone. Even though Onyx was dressed in all black, it was clear that he was truly an alien when it came to human culture. With that said, Onyx found himself seeing cheerful people. Try as he might, Onyx found it very difficult to contribute to the cheerfulness.

==Tag.==

#7 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 07:50 (07:50 AM)

Mardi Gras? What's a Mardi Gras?

This was Vari's consideration as she stood outside the holodeck, eventually making the decision to look it up. The outfits looked… revealing. She winced at the idea of walking in looking like one of her aunts in the flesh - it was just a little too close to an Orion slave outfit for her comfort. Eventually, she found options that - while not nearly as bright - suited her needs. A simple purple dress and… well, she had green skin. That had to go along with the clashing colour scheme, right? 

Right? 

With a sigh, she resisted the urge to tie her hair (growing long again, seemingly) back from her face and made her way inside. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise at the sights and sounds that assaulted her senses. 

It was obviously a carnival, and the Captain was playing with a band and…

Onyx!

It took everything in her not to run to him, sauntering over and standing just a little closer than necessary - though not so close that eyebrows would be raised. They were still trying to keep their private business somewhat private. 

"I feel like all my senses are being simultaneously pummeled."

==Tag. Apologies for the lack of formatting - I'm on mobile.==

#8 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 09:41 (09:41 AM)

Onyx took in the sights, and sounds, and he had to admit he could understand why humans would enjoy such rituals of recreation. At the risk of not appreciating the moment, Onyx thought back to what his idea of a party was. Fond memories of home returned to his mind, though it appeared to him in a horrible shade of orange and brown. His clan was poor, among the most poor of all of Oranth. He thought about how the night before the clan's birthday festival, they would go on a hunt, where all those who passed the trials were invited to attend. They could not afford extravagance like the other clans, but the managed. Being one with nature, stalking prey and committing the final act, that is what Onyx had in mind for fun. After that, they would bring the meat back to the best cooks the clan could muster and they spent the whole day preparing for the feast. A lot filled the air to trigger Onyx's memories, and he could swear he could smell them as if he was there. 

Onyx lowered his gaze and his ears drooped slightly as he recalled a happy memory with his family. Meat by the tonne was available, and fruits and berries and other gifts from the fields provided such a lavish feast. He could also remember the spices, and his eyes closed as he took a breath, smelling the peppers and the salts and the spices that flavored the tender meat to perfection. He remembered how the meat fell off of the bone when it was served, and how when properly assembled with sauces and some sides, it created an explosion of flavor that was indescribable. Onyx exhaled, and his eyes opened, he was not on Oranth. He was in a holodeck in Klingon Space, and he was not smelling fresh meat off the bone. Instead he smelled food that was not of his own. It was in that same breath that he did catch someone he knew.

The Mirak glanced over and he caught eye contact with Vari as she approached him. His eyes focused intently on her purple dress that matched with her green skin. Her hair was not pulled up and it flowed as freely as Onyx remembered in Lucky. Public displays of affection were off the table, though none of that was necessary. When Onyx gazed at Vari, he felt his heart race a few beats, and a small grin appeared on his face. Onyx had his inner demons, that was for sure, though Onyx had to try and keep them at bay while Vari was around him. He had to do it for her, and Onyx had to admit that mindset terrified him.

"I feel like all my senses are being simultaneously pummeled."

Why am I doing so much for her that I am not willing to do for myself?

"I will admit this is a little....much for someone like me."

==Tag Vari.==

#9 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 10:13 (10:13 AM)

"I will admit this is a little....much for someone like me."

Vari could only imagine. Onyx's senses were a million times more refined than her own, a million times more sensitive. With all the bright colours and overeager carnival acts... it was a lot for someone like her, someone used to sterile environments and the quiet of her sickbay. For Onyx? It was probably a million times worse.

She noticed someone passing by with a tray of drinks, and she almost twitched into action to grab one - before remembering what happened last time she had a drink in Onyx's general vicinity and thinking better of it. Instead, she sent him a smirk - remember me on alcohol? - and relaxed back again, watching everything going on around them with a raised eyebrow. 

"I confess I'm just putting on a face by coming here. I'm looking forward to getting back to bed and napping more than I should say," she replied. Another glance at him, another hidden meaning - joining me? Things she couldn't say, things that would seem inappropriate (even if things were as innocent as they could be). Most of the crew was present, not to mention their immediate superiors (and Alturkia, who was Onyx's immediate subordinate). They could behave themselves, could look like just friends while there was definitely something a little more private simmering beneath the surface. 

She sighed, and added in a voice too quiet for others to catch - maybe even too quiet for him, with all the other noises around them - "Honestly wish we could get some time to ourselves. Just ten minutes."

==Tag==

#10 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 11:34 (11:34 AM)

Onyx had to admit it; being close to Vari had a very calming effect on him, though not in a way Onyx was used to. Being around her was, in one way unsettling and in another way most curious. Onyx had been around his own kind before, yes. None of them had that kind of drawing nature about them. Back home, Onyx was the one constantly fixing everything, so thoughts of courtships or even mates were off the table. Also, he owed it to his parents to look after them. Honestly, there were two brothers to carry on the family name. With Vari though, it was different. He could not form words in any language, just different had to do. When the drink tray was passing by them,  Vari's muscles twitched and flexed in a reflex to grab a drink. However, she held back.

Gazing at her curiously, he saw the smirk as if to tease his memory of the last time Vari had drink around him. Onyx remembered that well, and it was very ackward for him at the time. She was happy, she was then sad, then she used Onyx as a pillow and later as a blanket. It was all he could do to use all of his training as a hunter to slip out of her sleeping state in the bed and not disturb her. She relaxed, and the two individuals, whatever they were, returned to their observations.

After a moment, Onyx did lock his sights on the First Officer, and he took in her dress. It was highly evident that Velaul was a party woman, and perhaps all of this was her idea. The low cut nature of her dress, while not totally screaming 'I am bringing sexy back', did exemplify her femininity. She was having fun by the looks of it, so Onyx could not blame her. Glancing again, he spotted their brave and mighty Captain playing with the band seemingly without regard for his position. To be fair, Onyx was curious if something bad would happen.

"I confess I'm just putting on a face by coming here. I'm looking forward to getting back to bed and napping more than I should say."

The two made eye contact again, and the two had a conversation that needed no words. There was so much that was communicated, and there was no need for them to elaborate on that sentence. Even though they were off duty, they were two officers aboard the same ship. Their private lives of course needed to remain separate from their professional lives. Everyone was around them, and Onyx was not ready to make it public that the two were an item. There was still that inner demon that wanted Vari to tell Onyx that she was bored of him and she was moving on. They could still be just friends after all. That was Onyx's biggest fear.

Can I really view her as dead as M'Rour and everyone else?

Why not? Vari can.

"Honestly wish we could get some time to ourselves. Just ten minutes."

The words spoken out of her mouth were barely above a whisper in terms of level. Onyx's hearing were good enough, and it was a comfort that Vari wanted to spend time with him, but the noises was getting too much for him.

"Give it time Vari, I have a feeling that ten minutes will not be enough for either of us to relax. And honestly, I have never seen what happens during an Ozaki...now Tesla, party."

==Tag==

#11 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 11:55 (11:55 AM)

"Give it time Vari, I have a feeling that ten minutes will not be enough for either of us to relax. And honestly, I have never seen what happens during an Ozaki...now Tesla, party."

It was a fair point, and it brought a gentle smile to Vari's lips. Much as she wanted the time to relax and take a breather away from everyone else, more than ten minutes would certainly be required. She honestly wanted to snuggle into Onyx's chest and watch everything going on with a smile, but instead she kept that distance between them. She was half-sure it was her imagination that made her think she could feel the heat radiating off his body, but it was enough to make that desire even more intense. 

Ugh. I need to stop thinking about it. Thinking about it just makes it worse.

She remembered the last time the Tesla/Ozaki had something resembling a party. Even though recent years had gone without the pomp and ceremony of parties after missions, she could still remember the celebration after her first mission, where tribbles had rained down on all of them, leaving her dishevelled and literally crushed under the force of them. 

She laughed, "I've only experienced one myself. One with the whole crew, anyway, we've broken off into smaller groups on a couple of occasions."

Most of those occasions had been overseen by Pond, and had become more scarce with the ever-moving crew being generally more serious than the blonde bundle of energy. "Just. Don't wish too hard for anything. Last time we had unexpected guests in the form  of many, many tribbes," she scrunched up her nose. "I hate tribbles."

She generally liked small, cute things - but tribbles? Not so much. Nothing that made that many babies in that short a period of time couldn't be trusted, in Vari's honest opinion. And those noises! While they were soothing to humans, she got the distinct impression that they just weren't to Orions. They made her very, very uncomfortable. "I must say, I've never been to a carnival before. I tend to go for the quieter, more sedate affairs, usually. This is very... colourful."

Glancing over at Velual, she sighed. "And there was no way I was going to try and pull of one of those dresses. I've never been one for wrapping sex appeal up in a bow. Not sure I've got all that much, if I'm being perfectly frank. Leave that to my aunts."

Meanwhile, I'll trip over my own feet and give a dramatic speech on the muscular makeup of Trill.

==Tag==

#12 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.09 @ 19:07 (07:07 PM)

"I've only experienced one myself. One with the whole crew, anyway, we've broken off into smaller groups on a couple of occasions."

Onyx pondered what what Vari said and he nodded. Onyx had avoided being social for so long that he really felt he was still a stranger to the crew. They knew Onyx existed, and they know that he is difficult to be around. That was by choice, so that did not make Onyx feel bad. In fact, Onyx did not care for anybody beyond their uniform. Vari, of course, changed all that. Antess, of course, allowed that change to be possible.

"Just. Don't wish too hard for anything. Last time we had unexpected guests in the form of many, many tribbes. I hate tribbles."

Onyx nodded at her. He also hated Tribbles, though not for the reason one might suspect. Tribbles do have a calming effect on their purrs on the humans, but their meat tastes like sadness. For her sake, Onyx avoided sharing that little detail. 

"I must say, I've never been to a carnival before. I tend to go for the quieter, more sedate affairs, usually. This is very... colourful."

To put it mildly.

"And there was no way I was going to try and pull of one of those dresses. I've never been one for wrapping sex appeal up in a bow. Not sure I've got all that much, if I'm being perfectly frank. Leave that to my aunts."

Onyx pondered on that thought for a moment. He took a look at Velaul, and he could see what she meant. Onyx naturally had no frame of reference, so he did the best he could.

"You have more than you realize."

Onyx drifted his eyes, not daring to make eye contact with anyone, he was that nervous on the inside to admit what he had to say. What he really wanted to say he dared not say it there. That was for a more private venue.

Ahh forget it, just go for it.

"After all, it is not every day I end up with a whole village of your countrymen telling me I am the luckiest husband in all of Scotland. They do not know just how lucky I am."

Onyx gave her a wink, the party beginning to be more bearable to his senses.

==Tag==

#13 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.10 @ 10:33 (10:33 AM)

"You have more than you realize."

That made Vari pause, her eyes shifting to Onyx's face. Those words - not leering but just... kind, stated like fact, were enough to force a flush into her cheeks and a nervous laugh out of her mouth. It was, undoubtedly, inappropriate. The entire crew was there, but the entire crew was also wrapped up in their own preoccupations. She was, however, somewhat glad of the music.

With any luck, it would cover up the beating of her own heart.

His words broke her out of her reverie again, "After all, it is not every day I end up with a whole village of your countrymen telling me I am the luckiest husband in all of Scotland. They do not know just how lucky I am."

Blush worsening, Vari tilted her head to the side. One benefit of longer hair - it covered her face when she wanted to hide. But she did notice the wink, and, despite her reservations, she inched closer to him until their arms were pressed against each other. Not exactly a grand romantic gesture - but it was enough to convey intent, and she tried to keep her eyes ahead to avoid meeting his gaze and never breaking it. 

"Well, I would argue I am the luckiest woman in all the universe," she replied, hesitating only a moment before adding (in a breathy whisper), "...one who is close."

She'd heard him use that phrase (translated) once or twice, and while she was certain her vocal chords wouldn't be able to simulate the Mirak words, she was more than capable of using the common phrase. She barely knew what it meant - but it was an appropriate way to describe their feelings. 

Even if we're still working on it.

==Tag==

#14 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.10 @ 11:11 (11:11 AM)

"...one who is close."

Onyx's eyes went wide and swiftly moved away from her as if she said something horribly wrong. Shock was written all over his face and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Vari did say something that affected Onyx greatly. For a brief moment, Onyx was not sure what to think. Onyx did not look hurt or insulted or even disgusted by what she said. It was more of Onyx had to convince himself that the words that floated in his head were manifested in Vari's mouth. The Mirak blinked, and blinked again, and kept on blinking as his mind became adrift in a sea of confusion.

Onyx, was speechless.

Those four words, in that order, in Onyx's native tongue, meant something deep. A lot is lost in translation, and there were only two possible explanations as to how Vari could have known those four words existed, in that order, in the way Vari spoke them. Either she learned his language and read the stories of love and romance, or she heard it directly from Onyx's mouth. The former, while possible, was highly improbable. It is possible to say "one who is close" in such a way that is close friendship such as best friends. There is also a much more tender way, a much more deep way, that could be interpreted. No, Onyx had to have said that at some point, and he said it in the way Vari said it. 

"Do not...not here...just..."

Onyx could not complete the sentence, and there was no possible way Onyx could explain to Vari the ramifications of what was just said. It was not fair for her, nor did he blame her, in not fully understanding what it means for a Mirak to hear those words. Everything told him to run away to the hills and not stop until he hit the ends of the world. Again, it was not fair for her to be punished for not knowing better.

I must explain it to her.

Returning to Vari's side, Onyx took a breath and he was finally able to say something.

"I...so...you...do you...like...weather?"

Onyx, do your duty and just end it.

==Tag.==

#15 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.10 @ 12:21 (12:21 PM)

For a moment, Vari worried she'd gravely offended him. Onyx's wide eyes made him look a little like prey faced with a predator - but then, it was more 'shock'. He didn't look like there were any negative emotions present, just surprise that those were the words she'd chosen. Regardless, he'd leaped away from her, and she was half-certain someone had to have noticed what was going on. Her eyes darted around for a moment before settling on his form again. She was fighting the urge to take his hand and remove them from the situation, but that would draw more attention. Not less. 

"Do not...not here...just..."

Guilt. That was the next feeling, crawling up her throat. She had the suspicion she'd just committed a bit of a faux pas - cultural differences could be difficult to navigate, sometimes. She knew that all too well - her father often came out with some very interesting phrases that offended any woman within earshot. Honestly, she should have perhaps done a bit of research before coming out with that, but she hadn't assumed it would be that bad. 

He'd moved away from her, as if fighting some internal battle, and she really wanted to apologise or ask him to explain, or... something. But then he finally came back to her side, and...

"I...so...you...do you...like...weather?"

That made her eyebrows raise. He was awkward. It was... endearing, in a way. She almost wanted to pat his head and giggle.

He's so cute. 

She smirked, "I've been known to enjoy it on occasion. Weather can be useful, at times. It keeps us alive, keeps the ecosystem going," she cleared her throat and looked away. "Did I say something wrong?"

==Tag==

#16 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.10 @ 16:48 (04:48 PM)

The vibrant party atmosphere had engulfed Perdita the moment she'd entered the holodeck. She was a woman of extremes. Either enjoying herself to excess, or being measured and reserved. As of right now, she was the former.

Dancing along with the party spirit, she had lost her pint glass and was drinking directly from her champaign bottle as she moved through the milling crowd. All inhibitions lost to the moment, and her feather boa almost covering her modesty.

In her inebriated state, she didn't see rank or department. She saw people of many different worlds, all there to entertain and be entertained. Anyone who served with her, especially from security would hardly have hardly recognised her from her current libertine demeanour.

She spun as she danced through the revelling people until she saw...

“Well, hello...” She said to herself as she laid her eyes on the tall Mirak apparently talking with an Orion woman. “...All Black and Brown, and covered in hair.” She almost sang the last part.

Deliberately she moved toward them, her focus on the Mirak.

There was a just large enough gap between the Orion and the Mirak that she could insert herself into she judged as with a final twirling flourish she came to a rest between them looking up at the dark feline features.

With eyes glittering, and a wicked smile across her face, she quickly turned to the Orion and blew her a kiss before returning her attention to the Mirak and made a noise that she was almost positive the large male would understand.

.‘.;,.;,.‘,.‘,.;,., .‘,.’,.‘,.’,’.

== And Tag – Mwhahaha... (I'm so dead ;) ) ==

#17 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.10 @ 17:22 (05:22 PM)

Asfar had found a small niche to settle into. He wasn't really a party goer, but he did like the atmosphere which flowed all around him in this setting even if some things he saw made him blush a little.

This was what he needed he though. A complete removal from the real world of corridors, conduits and plasma relays. Vibrant music and no cares. Across the way the band was playing. And the more he watched them, the more he kept thinking that the bassist looked too much like the Captain.

It was when he saw Commander Velaul dancing past that he almost did a double take. She couldn't have looked less Commander-ish. He briefly wondered if he'd already had too much to drink, but no. He was still on his first drink that had been given him by whoever.

Sitting back he allowed the rhythm to absently take him as he closed his eyes and tapped along with the beat.

He let him mind wonder. He thought back to the mission. And the people. Their countenance of beauty, but he couldn't focus on the features properly. The more he tried to think of the face of the one called Bridget, the more he saw...

“Lieutenant.” Said a voice. Asfar opened his eyes. Karai was stood facing him. She was dressed in uniform.

“Ensign.” He replied looking up at her.

“I am sorry to disturb you.” She said. “I know this is not appropriate of me. But I am somewhat unaccustomed to this sort of celebration. And I know I have no right to bother you considering...”

“It's fine.” Replied Asfar. “I'm not too comfortable here either. We both have to move on. And we both have interact. If we keep avoiding each other it will cause a problem. So, let's not dwell on the past. What happened happened, and that's it. What happens from now on is what matters.”

Karai seemed to ponder this for an instant before she took a seat. “Thank you. Sir.”

“And my name isn't Lieutenant tonight. You may call me Asfar, if I may call you Karai.”

“That is acceptable.” Replied the Vulcan.

“Can I get you a drink?” Asked Asfar.

“You may.” Replied Karai. “What are you drinking?”

“I think it's a Long Island Iced Tea.”

“May I?” She asked.

“Be my guest.”

She took a sip. “This does not contain tea.” she said placing the glass back down. Her frown evident that she was not impressed by the beverage.

“I would prefer a non-alcoholic cordial.” She said.

“I'm sure we can find something.” Said Asfar with a small smile.

#18 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.11 @ 07:03 (07:03 AM)

Indeed, the woman who got in between Onyx and Vari was well understood by the Mirak. This young, drunk woman however made a few mistakes that perhaps she was not aware she was making. Even though feline species share a common ancestor, even among the Mirak Star League there were differences in dialect and syntax. Onyx knew that, though he did not suspect that whoever this individual was knew that Oncas had a particular one that was as unique as the other species of Mirak. 

That was not the biggest mistake. 

Had she known what it meant, it would have never escaped her lips. 

Even then, that was not the biggest mistake.

The biggest one is that her dialect sounded like it came from upper class. Onyx hated the upper class.

This is going to be fun.

Knowing that the poor woman was intoxicated and probably did not know any better, that did make Onyx feel slightly less guilty as to what he was about to say. He did narrow his eyes slightly, and shake his head in astonishment.

"You wish to bath Captain Simmons with the tears of a drowning chicken?" 

==Tag.==

#19 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.11 @ 12:55 (12:55 PM)

Whatever might have been said next was quickly abandoned when some woman turned up and promptly inserted herself between the two of them, flirting with Onyx.

Vari was fairly sure she'd never grown so angry so quickly in her entire life. Suddenly, her eyes narrowed in on the woman she was fairly sure she'd never met before, but that she was fairly sure she already hated.

Wait. Am I... jealous?

It wasn't a feeling she was familiar with. She felt a little uncomfortable, like a snake had coiled itself inside of her belly and bitten, its' venom spreading throughout her being. Her eyes narrowed in on the woman, and her teeth pulled back in a snarl at the self-satisfied kiss the woman blew her way.

Oh, it's on.

Her attempts at the Mirak language that followed felt like a final attempt at superiority, and Vari was all ready to brawl with her in the middle of the very lovely party the Captain and first officer had set up for them all when Onyx proceeded to shame the woman. Whether she'd asked that or something else entirely was up for debate, but Vari couldn't help the way half of her mouth turned up in a feline smirk. She stepped forwards, and - in a display of Orion strength - lifted the woman up and set her aside, immediately sidling right up to Onyx. The smile that took over her features was positively predatory, and she grabbed onto Onyx's arm in an attempt to further stake her claim. 

"Perhaps you should go and speak to the Captain about that," she said, not relinquishing her hold. "We don't help out with ridiculous plans like that."

==Tag==

#20 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.11 @ 13:57 (01:57 PM)

"You wish to bath Captain Simmons with the tears of a drowning chicken?" Asked the Mirak.

A wicked smile started to form on Perdita's lips. That hadn't been what she'd thought she had said, and was almost about to say in response; 'Sounds like a plan to me...' But before she had a chance to make the retort, a firm pair of green tinted hands physically lifted her aside.

"Perhaps you should go and speak to the Captain about that," Said the Orion in a light tinkly sounding accent that made Perdita wonder if they'd met somewhere before, as she took hold of the Mirak's arm standing her ground against the interloper. "We don't help out with ridiculous plans like that." She almost spat.

Had Perdita had control of her full faculties, firstly she wouldn't have made such a move. Especially on an engineer, and secondly regardless of the Orion's physical prowess, with her security training she could have easily overpowered the smaller woman.

As it was, she was impaired. By at least half a bottle of champaign, and as far as she was concerned, she was here to have fun. Not turn jealous women into pretzels.

Sweetie,” Began Perdita. “It's not as ridiculous an idea as it sounds.” She said glancing over at the Captain. And if you're willing to hold on to this one like that.” She said pointing to Krylixson. “He's all yours.”

Then she took another draw from her Champaign before she took a step nearer toward the pair and leant in close to Toreen's ear.

He's a real keeper.” Perdita whispered emulating the Orion's accent poorly before she planted a kiss on the woman's cheek leaving a red lipstick mark, and with her free hand she playfully slapped the Orion's butt before she spun off back into the rest of the party like some kind of freak whirlwind, leaving the pair of them alone again.

== Tag - :) ==

#21 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1719 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.12 @ 01:51 (01:51 AM)

Jason was finishing the third or fourth song of the set when he took everything all around him. He had managed to catch sight of his First Officer, and his Chief Engineer and Chief Medical Officer had come in together. He was sure something was going on there, if rumors or how they acted towards one another was any indication, but he left well enough alone. They were adults, and he trusted them to help him run his ship. Unless it became a serious issue that threatened the ship and crew, he would leave it be.

He had caught sight of a few other members of his crew, but one that caught his attention was one Ensign Gold. And not in a good way. She was clearly intoxicated at this point, and her stepping in between the conversation of Krylixson and Toreen. His brow furrowed as there was talking, and other actions, before Gold left the two, but not before kissing Toreen on the cheek and slapping her butt. The song he and the band were playing ended, and they took a break, receiving a round of applause for the performance, and to the promise that they'd be back at it in about 15 minutes.

Plenty of time, Jason thought, as he made his way over to Gold. Unfortunately, he hadn't seen his Chief of Security, yet. However, that didn't mean the younger man wasn't there. For now, Jason would have to take care of this issue himself. Approaching the young Security Officer, he cleared his throat to get her attention. Once he had it, he gave her a cold, hard stare, his blue-gray eyes piercing into hers, and a scowl on his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he said, loud enough to be heard by her, but mostly drowned out by the other sounds of the celebration.

==Tags==

#22 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.14 @ 12:47 (12:47 PM)

“He's a real keeper.”

The imitation of her accent was so terrible that Vari shot a withering look to the woman - but that look quickly morphed into one of shock when Gold smacked her butt. Mouth opening and closing like a goldfish, she stared after the woman, eyes wide. It seemed the Captain was taking care of the reprimand (just as well - Vari wasn't in the habit of telling off staff from other departments, and she didn't like telling off junior officers period).

She was still gaping after the ensign for a bit, and then she shook her head and looked up at Onyx. She'd been pretty obvious when she'd grabbed him, and her arms were still firmly locked around his arm. "I guess... the cat's out the bag," she mumbled a little awkwardly, cheeks flushed green. 

Pun not intended, she added in her mind. 

She disentangled herself from him and carefully combed her fingers through her curls, trying to pretend that whatever just happened... hadn't. She cleared her throat, "My apologies."

==Tag==

#23 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 732 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer / Second Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.15 @ 13:52 (01:52 PM)

Keval had got the invitation to join the rest of the crew on a shore leave celebration. 

His current mood through made him not feel like socialising very much and would have preferred to stay in his quarters but ch’Alev knew enough about human culture to know it was rude not to show your face. 

Deciding it was best to at least pop in even if it was for a short time, just to make everyone else happy then he would find an excuse and leave. 

Stepping through the door he noticed the CMO and the CE was already in attendance along with Beno who had devised this holodeck programme and Captain Simmons. He half wondered if he was actually late to the party. 

==Tag all==

#24 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.15 @ 19:51 (07:51 PM)

The party spirit was all Perdita was interested in. Or at least until she found something or someone else to enjoy.

The sound of someone clearing their throat behind her made her spin around. It was the Captain. He looked to be scowling. This was a party. People don't scowl.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he said, loud enough to be heard by her.

“Looking for you.” She said. Followed by; “And a chicken. You don't have one do you?” The glint in her eyes showed she was still in a playful mood despite the Captains glower.

Then with a flick of her wrists, she took the feather boa from her own neck and dropped it around his with the intention of drawing him closer to her. The boa however was the only thing covering her modesty as she had chosen to partake in a certain tradition associated with Mardi Gras.

The second it came off her body, something she hadn't expected happened. The holodeck safeties clicked in, and she became pixelated.

“Well, I didn't expect that!” She exclaimed with a laugh drawing the attention of a couple of others nearby. Taking a step back and spinning on the spot. “If I known it would do that, I'd have done this earlier.”

Then she took a moment to lock eyes with the Captain in what seemed a brief moment of sanity.

“Dance with me.” It was a look that might not accept no for an answer.

== Tag O' Captain, My Captain. ==

#25 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.15 @ 19:52 (07:52 PM)

Asfar sat in his alcove with Karai. He with his 'Tea', her with her cordial.

“Have you been to a Mardi Gras before?” He asked.

“No.” She replied.

They both sat quietly.

“Wow. Did... Did you just see what that woman did to Doctor Toreen?”

“Yes.”

“Hello... The Captains going in... Did you just see what she...”

“Yes.”

“Do you think we should...”

“No.”

“Why not.”

“Because.”

“...”

“She is Ensign Gold.”

“And?”

“She does not like our kind.”

“What? Vulcans?”

“No. Engineers.”

“She doesn't like engineers? Why not?”

“Do not ask.”

“But?”

“If you meet her during your duties. Then you will know. Until then. Do not speak to her. Do not make eye contact with her. Do not breath near her.”

“... Good talk.”

“Thank you.”

“Another?”

“No.”

#26 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.16 @ 06:40 (06:40 AM)

If Onyx were a Klingon, the...creature who just smacked Vari in the rear end would be dead where she stood. If Onyx were in Mirak Space, he would be well within his rights to demonstrate why Mirak teeth and claws are razor sharp at all times. There were three things sparing her life.

A, Onyx did not feel like doing unadulterated horrors to her body in front of the Captain.

B, Onyx was not in Mirak Space, and such demonstrations of honor were frowned upon.

And C, Vari would be eight shades of disappointed with Onyx. 

With that mindset, Onyx could not do nothing. He had heard rumors from all over the place that said that the unpopular Chief Engineer and the very popular Chief Medical Officer were an item. The Tesla is a small ship with a small crew. It would be sheer folly if the two were to expect their relationship to be kept a secret for long. After all it made sense. The two officers ate together when their shifts allowed, they spent their last shore leave on Pioneer in the Holodeck together, and their very first meal (which in hindsight might as well have been a date) was not in private. Public displays of affection, naturally, were held in the up most reserve, yet that did not stop everyone from talking and suspecting.

"I guess... the cat's out the bag."

That's putting it lightly.

Yes, it was true. With the creature's attitude and actions, it was more than evident that it was confirmed. Vari held onto Onyx, and Onyx held onto Vari. It was evident that beneath Onyx's protective nature and Vari's feminine territorial behavior, there was something much deeper between the two, perhaps something that neither one has fully explored. It wasn't until Vari broke the makeshift embrace did Onyx realize he had to do something.

"My apologies."

This was getting awckward, and there were parts of him that wanted to rush out of there and return to his quarters for peace and quiet. However, with the Captain about to be...reluctantly encouraged to dance, Vari looking like she was about to break down, and people looking in their general direction, Onyx had to do something. It was then that he spotted the Andorian, ch'Alev. The two had a decent acquaintanceship, and Onyx figured that if he was going to be dragged into this party, he was going to go down with absolute indignity. 

Looking to Vari, Onyx spoke,

"If you wish to leave, I will hold no objection."

==Tag Vari.==

#27 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.16 @ 12:40 (12:40 PM)

"If you wish to leave, I will hold no objection."

Letting out a small laugh, Vari glanced off to the side. Her cheeks still had a healthy flush to them, and she knew leaving would be a mistake. She patted his arm with her hand. 

"I think the Captain might have an objection to it. We're meant to be showing our faces and being sociable. I think we have to stay for another... eh. Twenty minutes, at least. Showing face is important," she mused, watching the comings and goings of the crew. ch'Alev had arrived, and it seemed Alturkia was deep in conversation with a Vulcan woman. Perhaps he was trying to flirt with her - that particular exercise was something she could sympathise with, given her personal experience with Vulcans and romance. Two things that, in general, didn't go very well together. 

Best of luck to him.

She glanced over to her side. "I would suggest dancing, but I'm not very good at it. And this music's way too upbeat. I once bruised my brother's feet trying to keep some semblance of a rhythm," she tapped her fingers on her thigh. "Might as well go and... mingle with some people. It can be fun."

==Tag==

#28 Ens Julia Troy

Ens Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Medical officer
  • USS Nickola Tesla LE-20004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.17 @ 06:29 (06:29 AM)

After getting changed into a dress that no one has seen yet, she walks into the Mardi Gras party. She didn't know everyone that was there, but she wanted to get to know them better. Julia thought that the parties that the nobles back home threw big parties, and knew that they would have a compatition with this one.

Julia didn't know what to make of it. She hoped that there was something here for her. All she needs to do is start talking to people but she was shy.

She stepped up to where they were serving the drinks. Julia hoped that Pierre would be here too.

==Tag==

#29 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.17 @ 07:51 (07:51 AM)

To be fair with himself, Onyx thought that he was going to be given the all clear to be able to leave and never hear the words "mardi" and "gras" used in that order in the same sentence.

"I would suggest dancing, but I'm not very good at it."

Bugger.

"And this music's way too upbeat. I once bruised my brother's feet trying to keep some semblance of a rhythm."

Onyx looked down and watched as she tapped her fingers on her thigh. Thoughts went through his mind as he thought about what he could do. The Mirak considered something not becoming of himself, and it was something that he had only done a few times for some of the cubs in his clan.

"Might as well go and... mingle with some people. It can be fun."

Onyx sighed as he shook his head as he took a breath, 

"There is a saying among my kind. If you cannot walk,"

His ears twitched as he heard the sounds of another band seemingly warming up. He also caught the sights of brightly dressed women standing above and beyond even Onyx, who stood above and beyond most of the crew. There was one important fact about them which Onyx cared about. They were dancing to more music that was playing. 

"A fellow hunter will carry you."

Without much warning, Onyx gripped the small woman and hoisted her onto the table with seemingly minimal effort. Turning around, he gripped her in such a way that her dress retained her modesty, and his broad shoulders provided an excellent support (more like a seat) and he gripped her feet close to him. Approaching the street performers on stilts, Onyx matched step and watched in amusement that some of them turned to Vari's way, forming a small dance circle around them. Since Onyx was very sure on his feet, he had no clue if Vari was afraid of heights. It was his hope that this would allow Vari to forget about what that woman did to her and have some kind of fun.

==Tag Vari, lets see who dies first, Gold or me.==

#30 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.17 @ 19:36 (07:36 PM)

== CMA K6 Red – Nasat – Support ==

If there was one person who stood out, or rather blended in at a Mardi Gras, it was the Tesla's sole Nasat Crewman Apprentice, K6 Red.

Known by those who worked directly with him as K-6 or sometimes just K-Si. K-Si was a large insectoid who resembled a giant woodlouse, and who's shell was naturally red in colour, but like many of his species, had painted most of his carapace in his department colours. In his case a vivid purple denoting he was a support officer.

When he'd scuttled into the holodeck, he hadn't known what to expect, but the vibrant colours and beats, along with the many costumes left him feeling like his own uniqueness wasn't going t be a burden tonight.

Mostly he kept to the lower decks of the ship where he could, but he had on a couple of occasions had to visit the bridge while cleaning. He saw several of his colleagues milling around, and he waved a pincer or two when he caught their attention before he headed over to join them.

== Serina Anderson – Lab Tech Medical & Friends ==

Serina was with a group of lower decks that she often hung with. Surik her Vulcan colleague. The Solari Twins who weren't really twins, they just happened to have the same surname from engineering and Palmerston from Support. She'd seen K-Si arrive and scuttle off in the opposite direction, but she also saw Troy, one of her bosses wander in and looking about, looking lost.

It was a surprise more than anything at the same moment when they saw the big cat from engineering pick up Vari Toreen and put her on his shoulder. And everyone was trying to ignore Gold and her... Well. Just ignore her really.

But Serina drawing her attention back to Troy. She knew that Bretton, the love sick little puppy that had eyes for Troy was on duty this evening. Knowing him, he'd probably forgotten to tell her so he could concentrate on his mushrooms.

Well, she'll have to learn he's as useless and reliable as most of the other men on this ship. She thought as she turned back to her group.

“Hey, Surik. You like to dance. Show us your salsa!” She said as she took a swig of her Desperado and lime.

Surik looked miffed. “You know my preference is for Ballet. Why do you insist that I must know every single dance at every social function?”

“Because one day, you'll turn up in tights and show us your jette!” The four of them burst out laughing, leaving Surik as ever wishing he could have been on duty this evening.

#31 LCdr Vari Toreen

LCdr Vari Toreen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.18 @ 13:41 (01:41 PM)

"There is a saying among my kind. If you cannot walk,"

There was a pause in which Onyx seemed to consider the room, but it wasn't long enough for Vari to brace herself for anything

"A fellow hunter will carry you."

With barely any time to get a grip of herself, Vari found herself hoisted up on Onyx's shoulders. She made a squeak of surprise at being so suddenly and violently snapped out of her reverie, and instead gripped tightly onto his shoulders, closing her eyes. If there was one thing Vari wasn't awfully fond of, it was heights. And suddenly, she was a full seven foot taller than she normally stood. 

She swallowed, "Onyx Krylixson, you are going to pay for this," she muttered, torn between her desire to continue hanging onto his fur for dear life, and to try and adjust her dress so it covered more leg. As it stood, it was practically around her waist - hardly conducive to a sense of security or modesty, even if the important parts were covered.

No worse than a swimming costume, she thought to herself. Except I hate swimming and would never do it in front of my crew.

So, instead of opening her eyes and assessing the situation, she just continued to hold on.

==Tag==

#32 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.18 @ 18:04 (06:04 PM)

Beno was walking around, almost in a state of being lost but there was something that was bringing her back. It was a great event and a happy time. This was an event that really put things on track for her, and it was Benos hope that it would do it a second time. While the crew started to assemble, Beno could see a few that really stood out one of them was the doctor. Someone that she didn't get too know yet, but that was due to a lack of time and good health for the most part. She was about to approach Troy, but there was someone who caught her eye more. At first it was only a glimpse of a man she once knew, and then lost sight of him. 

H was a man who stood just over six foot nine, and had long blonde hair. A small glimpse of his eyes, and they were a shade of brown that she hasn't seen in a long time. She wanted too see him again and needed to know who he was, but right now that was going too have too wait. Right now there was a need too connect to one of the crew. Now making her was to Troy, she wanted too make a new connection.

"Hello Doctor I don't believe we had the time to be formally introduced. I am Beno Velaul First Officer. I hope you have been enjoying your time with us." She was sincere in her approach, and waited for an answer.

==Tag== 

#33 Ens Julia Troy

Ens Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Medical officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.19 @ 02:24 (02:24 AM)

"Hello ma'am, no we haven't since everyone has been busy doing their work. I'm Ensign Julia Troy, Medical counselor. Oh I am, even though I haven't met many of the crew yet with me being in sickbay. As along as my telepathic and empathetic abilities do start going haywire, then I'm happy about it." Julia answered her.

Hopefully she doesn't start reading everyone's minds while being here. As far as she knows it's been under control while being with the crew.

"So far I only met a few of the crew aboard the ship. With an eye for only one of them." Julia also mentioned hoping that she didn't give to much information.

==Tag==

#34 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1719 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.19 @ 16:45 (04:45 PM)

The response Jason received from Gold did not help her case any, especially when she decided it was a good idea to partake in an....inappropriate....Mardi Gras tradition. Luckily, the Holodeck seemed prepared for such an event.

To Jason's credit, his eyes never traveled lowed than her own. Though, Gold seemed to find the whole aspect of pixelated private areas to be entertaining, which further irritated Jason. The last straw was Gold's next question. Or rather, demand, of her Captain.

“Dance with me.” she said, in what appeared to be a moment of clarity. And, if Jason could decipher, tried to show that she wasn't taking no for an answer. Unfortunately for her (and rather fortunately for Jason), that was exactly the answer she got.

"No," Jason replied, still locked in his steely gaze. Before he continued with what he had to say to the young Security Ensign, he addressed the computer. "Computer. Add appropriate clothing to Ensign Gold." The computer followed the command, and Gold would find herself fully clothed once more. Jason took a step back to further address the younger woman.

"First, I'm married," he stated. "Second, I'm your Commanding Officer. Third, you're obviously drunk. And lastly, you have been acting in a behavior unbecoming of a Star Fleet Officer. I understand this is a party, and we need to let loose. However, I have a strict limitation on alcohol consumed during crew gatherings for this exact reason. You are acting beyond what would be considered acceptable. Therefore, you are to leave the Holodeck forthwith and return to your temporary station quarters. I hope you're able to do this of your own accord. If not, I will have station Security escort you. After this is all said and done, I will be having a meeting with Lieutenant Jensen about your behavior, and we will be discussing any further action that needs to be taken."

==Tag. Sorry for the delay. If it's not one thing, it's another.==

#35 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.19 @ 20:33 (08:33 PM)

“Dance with me.” She'd said.

The reply of; "No." Didn't seem to phase her. She'd be damned if...

"Computer. Add appropriate clothing to Ensign Gold." Said the Captain.

There was a flash of light, and a slight tingle of replicated matter as something resembling a Carmen Miranda costume wrapped itself around the seemingly sozzled officer.

“What the...” She started to say before the Captain began his dressing down.

"First, I'm married," He began by stating. "Second, I'm your Commanding Officer. Third, you're obviously drunk. And lastly, you have been acting in a behaviour unbecoming of a Star Fleet Officer.”

Perdita shrugged at the first. Nodded at the second. Raised her bottle at the third, and feigned shock at the last. Whether this had any effect on the man, it didn't seem to show.

“I understand this is a party,” continued the Captain, “and we need to let loose. However, I have a strict limitation on alcohol consumed during crew gatherings for this exact reason. You are acting beyond what would be considered acceptable. Therefore, you are to leave the Holodeck forthwith and return to your temporary station quarters. I hope you're able to do this of your own accord. If not, I will have station Security escort you. After this is all said and done, I will be having a meeting with Lieutenant Jensen about your behaviour, we will be discussing any further action that needs to be taken."

Weighing up her options, Perdita pulled herself to attention. “Sir. Yes, Sir.” She replied. Then just before she turned to leave, she handed her bottle to the Captain. “You might want to try a drop of this.” She said before she called for a door and exited the holodeck.

== If he chooses to try it, he'll find it's only carbonated Dihydrogen Monoxide. ;) ==

#36 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.23 @ 03:54 (03:54 AM)

Beno knew a little too well what she mant, or she could be wrong on the whole issue. Right now it really wasn't her business to know, unless they were to cross some boundaries. "If I am right in assuming what you mean, just remember you two need to have at times a bit of a professional detachment. This isn't me saying it is something that can't happen, and hope that this person never comes too Sickbay with a major emergency." 

It was a good possibility that could happen, and no one really wanted that. Plus when one outranks the other, it can also cause problems. If they were too keep a level of detachment, and leaving rank at the door should be helpful. She had one like it, but that didn't last too long. Now that she was in the Holo Deck, and in Mardi Gras she swore that he was there somehow he made it into the program. It was a mystery to her how, but eventually they will meet up again, there was something coming up and that's where things really got heated up. 

"I just hope yours turns out better than mine, we were scheduled too meet up one last time but I was re directed to this assignment. Thats something I don't tell many people. This was back when I was a Midshipman fresh out of the Academy." She didn't like to go into much detail mostly because she viewed them as a nescience and a waste of time for her. 

==Tag== 

#37 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22010.23 @ 05:54 (05:54 AM)

Gerdan loved a good party and given all the hard work the crew had been doing, a chance to let of some steam and have a little fun was a great idea, he knew it had to be Commander Velaul’s idea, he could only imagine what the theme was, if it was anything like her Holodeck program they were in for a treat.

He read the invitation a second time. DRESS: Casual, THEME: Mardi Gras LOCATION: Holodeck.

Gerdan wore traditional Trill Semi Formal Wear, he was dressed in purple with silver piping and black boots, he entered the Holodeck and was swept over by a wave of sound. Gerdan entered and stepped to the side, the spotted the Tesla’s Chief Engineer, a Black Mirak, named Onyx, he found him fascinating, but he was confused by the fact that the Mirak who fur was black chose to wear a black outfit, but then again Engineers were necessarily known for their fashion.

Onyx was engaging in conversation with the Chief Medical Officer, Lieutenant Commander Vari Toreen, a lovely young Orion, her Dark Red Hair complimented her light green skin very nicely.

What really took the Husky Trill by surprise was seeing the Captain on the stage, Captain Simmons was rumored at one time to being a musician.  Gerdan envied him, as he had no musical talent. Though at least two of her previous hosts had a musical background.

Gerdan made his way to the refreshment table and got himself a drink. He didn’t know the rest of the crew that well, he viewed this as a wonderful opportunity to get to know his crewmates much better.

He spotted Beno and smiled.  “Would my lady care to dance?” Said Venta.

== Tag All. ==

#38 Lt Onyx Krylixson

Lt Onyx Krylixson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 363 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.23 @ 07:57 (07:57 AM)

"Onyx Krylixson, you are going to pay for this,"

Only could only smile as he watched Vari with her eyes shut and clinging to his fur for dear life. It must have been an interesting sight, Onyx is being a little lose and having a good time while Vari is about ready to break her Hippocratic Oath and do no harm. He did keep himself steady so that way Vari would not be at risk for falling off of him, though with the pulling on his fur it did give him some interesting facial expressions. He did observe the officer making the mistake of addressing the CO, and by the expression on her face it did not end well.

Shrugging it off, Onyx would keep things civil with the people with the tall dancers. Taking a breath, Onyx also noticed that there were other dancers around him, and Onyx figured that he began to overstay his welcome. As he was about to ask Vari if she wanted down, one of the waitresses came up to him.

"Hey big guy, you look like you could use a drink."

Onyx glanced over and he spotted the drink in the tray. The scent caught him slightly off guard as it smelled naturally sweet, though it also smelled something else. Seeing the suspicion in Onyx's eyes, the waitress seemed.to try to put the giant feline at ease.

"It is not alcoholic I assure you."

Onyx took the drink after ensuring that Vari would not fall off. Taking a sip of the drink, he noticed that it tasted...fizzy. There was a sweetened taste to it, and Onyx was not sure what to think of it. He did make an attempt to show that it was not revolting, though it was a little more fizzy than Onyx was ever used to.

"It is, decent."

She smiled and she looked up at Vari, who had her eyes closed and trying to hang on to Onyx while ensuring her dress did not have a malfunction.

"So, what's the story with you two?"

Onyx paused for a moment, and he raised his brow as he took another sip of his drink.

"What do you mean?"

The waitress got closer, making no fault that she wanted to get close to the Mirak and perhaps even be a little flirty.

"I mean, you have this woman on your shoulders, she clings to your arm when that other woman got close to you, and you smile every time you glance at her. What gives?"

Onyx paused at the answer as he could feel his old, reserved self coming into play. The look on his face was obvious, it was not one of anger or even confusion. It was uncertainty. That was the first time Onyx had seriously pondered the question due to someone else asking him. 

"Like, are you two an item? A relationship? What?"

Onyx could not help but look up at Vari and he recalled what Vari told him. It was four words that struck Onyx to the core, four words that he would never have imagined anyone would have told him. What scared him, which Onyx was appreciative for, was the fact that she was one word away from creating a potential cultural incident. What Onyx also thought was that his clan would think very...interesting if Onyx had developed anything with a non Onca. Deciding to keep it simple, Onyx replied with a grin on his face.

"She is one who is close."

Onyx spoke it as a matter of fact, though there was something that was significant in those four words.

"Well, yeah, I can see she is close, but what does that mean?"

Onyx shook his head signifying that he was not going to answer that question the way she wanted. That conversation would need to happen when the two are more alone. There was one conversation Onyx could not delay.

"She is one who is close. Excuse me."

Onyx motioned that he was done and took Vari on a little trip back to the Captain. When Onyx approached, he tapped his claw on Vari's ankle to let her know that she was away from the dancers and she could open up her eyes.

"Excuse me, Sir. I believe I have to apologize for that officer's conduct and share some responsibility. She tried speaking in my language and accidentally said that she wishes to dance with my leader with the tears of a drowning chicken, that leader being technically you. I should have not told her what she actually said to avoid any embarrassment you may have undergone."

It was an apology, and once Vari looked down at Onyx, he motioned to the table that he was ready to set her back down.

==Tag Simmons and Vari==

#39 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.23 @ 20:44 (08:44 PM)

== NRC – Ensign Papaver – Science – Human ==

The journey from Starbase Alpha to Narendra Station had been long. Papaver had been on the non-active role since the incident with the Borg. She had been serving as science officer on the bridge of the Magellan at the time, and though she had been injured only slightly when the ship took fire, the psychological trauma had taken more of a toll than her physical ones.

In fact when she was reactivated and issued new orders to join the crew of the USS Nikola Tesla, so far out in the Shackleton Expanse she almost considered turning in her commission if it wasn't for one of the others in her therapy group who convinced her that would be probably the stupidest thing she could have done. She missed Shi-mi's counsel sometimes.

She'd arrived a week before, and seen the ship return to the station and she'd been advised to contact the ships First Officer as soon as was admissible considering duty rotas and the like. It was when she received a request for her to attend a holodeck on the station to meet the FO that she wondered if someone was having a joke at her expense.

Either way, at the given time, she walked over to the holosuits in time to see a blond woman wearing some kind of fruit concoction leaving the holodeck she was told to attend.

In contrast to the blond woman's avant-garde floral patterns, Papaver was dark haired and conservatively dressed in science colours.

“Excuse me?” She asked the woman. “I'm looking for the...” She checked her PADD. “Tesla Private Function room?”

The blond stopped and seemed to look her over before she responded. “You found the right place, sweetie. Looking for anyone in particular?”

“Commander Velaul.”

The blond had a wicked smile seem to cross her face briefly. It was the kind of smile that Papaver used to have a few months back before the Borg.

“She's in there.” Said the Blond. “Look to the Trill having the Trill of a Lifetime!” She said before she laughed. “I got to go now. I was naughty.” Then she winked and headed away leaving Papaver looking slightly confused.

“Okay, then.” Papaver said to herself. “Time to meet the new boss.”

Then the doors to the holodeck opened and Papaver found herself in a party atmosphere that she hadn't expected.

Stepping in she was quick to notice she was probably the only person in uniform present. The sounds and smells and dancing was certainly hypnotic. There were people eating and drinking at the bars and tables. A seven foot Mirak looked to be carrying an Orion woman about on his shoulders and before she took another step, and group of revellers took her by the arm and dragged her into the larger throng. Someone put a mojito in her hand.

It took a few minutes before she could extract herself and begin looking for the Commander. Eventually, she found her.

The Commander was Trill as the blond woman had told her. She was talking with a Betazoid woman and another Trill man. All three were in civilian party dress unlike Papaver who was in uniform and stood out like a sore thumb.

“Commander Velaul.” She said when she got the Commanders attention. “Ensign Papaver. Reporting for... Relaxation?” She said with a small smile trying to not feel like she shouldn't be here.

== Tag the Velaul group ==

#40 Ens Julia Troy

Ens Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Medical officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.24 @ 05:24 (05:24 AM)

"So do I ma'am. I wasn't expecting to be thrown into battle right out of the academy, but it kept me busy. I just didn't get the time to meet hardly anyone when I got aboard ship." Julia said. " I didn't mind, as long as I get some sleep, cause I tend to work long hours without going to sleep."

She took a sip of of the drink that she gotten. Julia just stayed calm throughout the conversation when she noticed a couple people come walking up. She really wants to enjoy the party while she was here.

==Tag==

#41 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.25 @ 14:51 (02:51 PM)

Beno knew exactly where she was coming from, she also went from the frying pan directly into the fire. "That's life we both chose." She said too the young doctor. "Things get difficult after seventy two hours on shift, under some conditions there is no time for rest. So if you think things are hard now with one pip on that shoulder, just wait till you have three and look back remembering how easy things were."

She had another young women approach, at first she thought it was Carley, but soon knew different. She was pleased too see someone new come into her department, it was always great too see someone with a new perspective. " Pleasure too meet you." She said with her usual smile. "Yes it is time for relaxation and fun." She did hope that the young women would enjoy herself, these times were few and far between. She also detected that the young women needed to blow off some steam just like anyone else.

Last but not by far the least, Venta came up and asked for a dance. She gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "I have to part company ladies, and I leave you with these parting words. It is a pleasure too meet you Ensign Papaver and I look forward too working with you, for now have fun and cut loose. For me I am going to do the same thing." Putting her arm in his, it was her signal to him to take the lead. 

"Gerdan its nice too see you finally made it here, I almost thought you were not going too make it. Glad I was wrong about that. " SHe was ready to have a good dance, something she really hasn't done in a very long time.

==Tag Back==

#42 Cdt Gerdan Venta

Cdt Gerdan Venta

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Science Officer

Posted Star Date 22010.26 @ 04:47 (04:47 AM)

Gerdan gladly took the Commander’s Arm, she was radiant, a true beauty. Her stunning blue eyes and lovely Brunette hair complemented her spots just perfectly. Whether on the Homeworld or anywhere she would be considered a beauty, he felt honored that she accepted his offer to dance.

"Gerdan it's nice to see you finally made it here, I almost thought you were not going to make it. Glad I was wrong about that. "Said Beno.

The Husky Trill lead her to the Dance Floor; the Band was in great forum.  Gerdan placed his hand on her hip, he smiled.  He felt a little awkward it was then that he realized just how petite she was, at five foot four inches, she looked so tiny against his six foot four inches and two-hundred-and-forty-pound frame.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world, but I must warn you the last woman I danced with was my sister Jadzena, at my brother's wedding.” Said Gerdan.

Gerdan couldn’t help but overhear the commotion as he had entered. “Did something happen with the Doctor?” Inquired Gerdan.

== Tag Velaul.==

#43 LCdr Velaul

LCdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 849 posts
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.27 @ 04:03 (04:03 AM)

Beno was just happy to go and dance, its been a while since she had done it. In fact its been a while since she was this close too anyone. "I know the feeling the last time I did anything like this, it was just after graduation and it was a night I will never forget." It was a special ight that she never really spoken of, there was actually a lot that she never spoken of during the Academy days. There were some experiences that were treasured too her that she really couldn't, there were a little too personal.

"Nothing happened with the Doctor, we were meeting for the first time. There wasn't much for time before now." There wasn't much too say really about it, plus this was a party. It was turning into a wonderful night, and it was a feeling that she hadn't had in a long time. Beno was actually afraid that she might have forgotten how, but it all started to come back too to her quickly. She really did enjoy it, and felt like they were getting a little more closer and even started too feel like things like this were not as annoying as she really thought.

==NPC Carley Young==

She couldn't believe her eyes when looking at Beno, she was having the best time that Carley has seen in a long time. It made Carley happy that she had this opportunity. Another thing that did stand out was the new girl on the ship, and she wondered about her and approached.

"Lieutenant Young of science. How are you tonight?" It was a friendly greeting that she wanted to extend, and even have a good time at the same time. She was working on that for herself, and even improve her inter personal skills.

==Tag ==

#44 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.27 @ 21:00 (09:00 PM)

== NRC – Ensign Papaver – Science – Human ==

"Pleasure too meet you." Said Velaul "Yes it is time for relaxation and fun."

But before the conversation could go any further, she excused herself and the big Trill guy so they could go off and dance leaving Papaver standing next to the Betazoid woman who she didn't know.

“Well that was, short.” she said glancing around and making some small talk. Not knowing anyone at these kind of social gatherings was always downer she thought.

Then a blond woman appeared. "Lieutenant Young of science. How are you tonight?”

Papaver briefly glanced at her remaining companion and then back to the newcomer. “Ensign Papaver, Ma'am.” She responded. “Somewhat taken aback, Ma'am. But glad to be here.”

== Tag to Troy and Young ==

== Asfar and Karai ==

Asfar sat looking out at the revellers having fun. “We can't sit here all night like a couple of wallflowers.” He said after a moments silence.

“You may mingle if you wish.” Said Karai.

“But then you're sat here on you own like some kind of intergalactic Billy No Mates.”

“I am unfamiliar with that pseudonym.”

“Look. Let's just wander around. Try some different stuff and who knows maybe you'll enjoy yourself?”

At that comment, if Vulcan's were in the habit of rolling their eyes, Karai would have been able to see behind herself.

The pair began their foray into the crowd. People dancing and the music playing was surprisingly addictive. Well it was to Asfar who was starting to move with the beat. Karai however remained impassive.

Then on one of the buffet bars, Asfar spotted something he hadn't had in a while. There was a small dish of baklava. Picking it up, he turned to face Karai.

“Close your eyes, and open your mouth.” He said.

She went to protest, but he raised his free had to stop her. “Prepare to experience bliss.”

== TBC ==

== NRC - Ensign Perdita Gold ==

Outside the holodeck on her way back to her quarters, Perdita tried to keep her facade intact. She wasn't the kind of person to feel sorry for herself. She'd made her bed on many an occasion, but for some reason. This time something was different. The moment the door closed, she leant back against it and sank to the floor and held her head in her hands for a long while as she thought about what she'd done tonight.

== NRC - CMA K6 Red (K-Si) – Nasat ==

The thing with being a five foot tall insectoid at a party, is eventually you have to eat and drink, and then no one wants to be your friend. Thought K-Si as he sat on his own in a small alcove.

#45 Ens Julia Troy

Ens Julia Troy

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Medical officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.28 @ 16:01 (04:01 PM)

"Hello Ensign Papaver, I'm Ensign Julia Troy. Don't worry I had a small conversation with her a little bit ago. I'm still trying to get to know everyone here. It'll take time to talk to everyone." Julia said to her. "And I thought that the nobles back home was bad with their parties. I think this will give them a run for their money. I was brought up with huge parties and huge gatherings, so I pretty much enjoy these parties."

Julia hopes that she can make some friends here and talk to people. She knew that was shy but is willing to say is on her mind around the non-telepathics. Knowing that she didn't want to start reading everyone's minds while here.

==Tag Papaver==

#46 LCdr Keval ch'Alev

LCdr Keval ch'Alev

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 732 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer / Second Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.28 @ 20:41 (08:41 PM)

Keval watched with interest as the Captain dealt with the officer, he also spotted Onyx and gave him a polite nod before moving across the room to see what drinks were on offer. 

Seemed that there wasn’t anything really strong enough for his taste but he took a drink anyway and moved to a quiet corner to observe the action that was going on. Clearly Onyx and Toreen weren’t as discreet with the rumours that been flying around the ship could be true at least. 

Onyx and discussed some of it discreetly with him and Keval was pleased that they were getting on now rather then being at opposite ends of their possible relationship. He saw that Velaul was offered to dance while it seemed a number of officers had flocked towards her. 

Finding one of a few seats in a corner Keval took the spot and placed his drink down on the small table that was by his side. His mood wasn’t really changing much, his sister was having problems again and he really wasn’t sure weather he should go home and sort it out. 

==Tag anyone who wants to distract the Andorian from his thoughts==