Jump to content


Photo

The Great Hunt


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22010.28 @ 00:23 (12:23 AM)

==Subplot for the crew of the Callisto== 

 

==Stranded in the Delta Quadrant, separated from their convoy, and dealing with the fallout of major injuries to key members of their command crew, the USS Callisto is still in orbit above the planet a Talaxian colony has called their home. The Callisto herself was undergoing major repairs due to a sudden drop from Slipstream and it was agreed upon that staying in orbit above the planet in case the Talaxians required any further assistance with the fallout of a major radioactive waste spill would be wise. A few days had passed since the Callisto aided the Talaxians with a clean-up mission and a tense stand-off with a crew of Malon after their ship had crashed into the planet's atmosphere and contaminated a site near the Talaxian's home colony. No sooner had the crew settled into a new state of normal did they receive a distress signal from the Talaxians for a second time. 

 

As the Talaxians began to settle further into their new home, a scouting party was sent out past their current camp to determine future settlements, expansion, and potential mineral resources. After a few days, however, the scouting team did not return at the agreed upon rendezvous. After a two more days and no word from the Talaxian scouting mission, the colony decided to reach out to the Callisto for assistance in tracking down the team. A scan of the planet, however, did not turn up anything as radiation residue from the Malon crash interfered with the ships scanners. Attempts to contact the scouting team on their communicator frequency had similar results. The acting command crew of the Callisto decided the next best course of action was to send a small Away Team to the planet's surface to search for the missing scouting team. Their last known location? The same valley that the Malon freighter had crash-landed in just a week earlier.==

 

 

==Shuttle Bay, USS Callisto== 

 

==Ensign Nolan McCarthy, Temp Science NRC==

 

Ensign Nolan McCarthy never saw himself as an "Away Team" kinda guy. He preferred the comfort of his lab and his instruments over the strange and unknown. That wasn't to say that he wasn't interested in discovering new lifeforms or making scientific breakthroughs, but he'd rather be in a climate-controlled lab with a cup of black tea while he did it. Nolan tugged at his black and teal uniform as he nervous walked into the shuttle bay. It was bad enough that the ship was damaged and stranded but then they lost some of their support craft to another mission that was on the planet below. He didn't want to get on a shuttle in the first place but the same interference their sensors were encountering was messing with the transporter too. 

 

Nolan sighed as he approached two midshipmen in their gold security uniforms - Harris and Hohnaj he believed their names were based off the assignment sheet he'd received. Security officers mad sense. There were missing people and whatnot. He was there to survey the issue with the signal interference as well as record any biological or ecological abnormalities. If the radiation spill was as bad as his briefing suggested, there was bound to be some damage down there. He assumed the human was Harris and the klingon was Hohnaj but he couldn't be sure. They seemed jovial, capable enough fellows - at least much more happy about this mission than he was. Nolan smiled as he approached them, his hand outstretched and his best smile spread across his face. 

 

"So, crazy mission we're going on, huh? Missing scouts, mysterious sensor interference... fun stuff, right?" 

 

They both looked down at his hand as if he was crazy. Nolan laughed nervously and wiped his hand down the trousers of his uniform. The sooner this mission ends, the sooner I can get back to my lab. Now where is that damn pilot? 

 

 

==Tag Anyone who wants to participate==


  • 0

#2 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.30 @ 00:58 (12:58 AM)

==Slow getting to the post but this is open to the entire crew and ready for you to post here. S'hiarra will be here soon, but please go ahead and take Mr Riley up on his generous invitation==


  • 0

#3 Cdr Justine Anderson

Cdr Justine Anderson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22010.30 @ 23:45 (11:45 PM)

== Shuttle Bay, USS Callisto==

==Crewman S'tell - Engineer, Vulcan Male==

 

S'Tell strode into the shuttlebay with calm measured steps and approached the Ensign in science blues.

 

"Sir, Crewman S'Tell reporting for away team duty. I've been briefed already on the radiation problems in the area. Is there anything else I should be made aware of?"

 

S'Tell began going through a mental checklist of possible solutions should they need to cut through radiation interference.

 

==tag==


  • 0

#4 Ensign Nira Said

Ensign Nira Said

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Ensign
  • USS Callisto RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22010.31 @ 00:47 (12:47 AM)

== Shuttlebay, USS Callisto ==

 

Nira heard that an away team was heading down to the planet and she was interested. She had never been on a planet in the Delta Quadrant before. She was glad to hear that there was a need for people in this potential away mission. And in any case, Nira was feeling a little cooped up after her extensive studies.

 

Nira arrived, getting momentarily lost. It was a new ship, after all. And one that was significantly bigger than the Sheridan. I...might have to get used to the size of the Callisto, Nira thought to herself. But now that I'm in a department that I feel where I rightly belong, things will improve for me. I hope.

 

Upon arriving, Nira noticed there were two other officers - midshipmen - already in the bay, wearing the same color uniform as she was. So perhaps there's already a security escort assigned to the away team, Nira thought. I could be especially useful in a negotiating party. Otherwise...well, the chances of combat are slim at the extreme. Who knows?

 

Getting closer, she recognized the midshipmen, mostly from introductions in her department. Harris, human, and Honaj, Klingon. And they were talking with an ensign from Science. When she drew closer, she heard him bringing up missing scouts. That raised an eyebrow in her. Missing scouts? Maybe a potential search party, she thought to herself.

 

"Ensign Nira Said, reporting for the away mission," said Nira in her official manner. "May I inquire as to who is in charge of the away team?"

 

== Tag ==


  • 0

#5 Ens Tess T'Relia

Ens Tess T'Relia

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.02 @ 01:34 (01:34 AM)

Tess was intrigued about what was going down on the planet. A group of Talaxian scouts had apparently gone missing, and it was now up to the Callisto to track them down and make sure they were alright. Hopefully they were alright, and had just got stuck/lost somewhere. However, Tess had a weird feeling that whatever had happened wouldn't be so simple. That was the issue with Star Fleet, nothing was ever simple.

 

Tess walked into the hangar, already aware of her job. She'd be piloting the shuttle for this, as well as helping out on the ground, acting as a little extra security. She had a standard phaser rifle slung over her shoulder, she had trained to use one at the Academy, and was a fairly decent shot. Tess always preferred to be shooting rather then flying, so she hoped they wouldn't need a quick evac to happen.

 

As she neared the shuttle, she noticed there were three officers from Security, two humans, or at least human looking, and one klingon. An engineer and Science officer were also there, Vulcan and Human respectively. 

 

"Ensign Nira Said, reporting for the away mission," said Nira in her official manner. "May I inquire as to who is in charge of the away team?"

 
Nira Said....
 
"Not sure who is myself, probably Lieutenant Sothrick if I could guess. Tess T'Relia, I'm the pilot and Tac officer for the away team." Tess said to Nira.
 
==Tags==

Edited by Ens Tess T'Relia, Star Date 22011.02 @ 01:35 (01:35 AM).

  • 0

#6 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.02 @ 17:12 (05:12 PM)

"Somebody mention my name?" an upbeat tone greeted the question and answer as the Security Chief followed the women into the shuttebay.

 

She gave a warm smile to those present and checked her Paad to see who was yet to make an appearance: “Ensign Klomak was listed as assigned to the away team, but I am yet to see any Medical personnel;  "Lieutenant Sothrick to Sickbay,  please have your away team representative report ; Thank you."

 

She moved to the door of the Siren assuming it would be the ship assigned as it had a higher crew capacity. "Ensign T'Relia please do a pre-flight check, and Ensign Said please ensure all away team members have their phasers.

 

Turning to the Science officer "We have not met Ensign; I would appreciate it if you would do a full pre-flight on your systems and coordinate with Ensign T'Relia with regard to the sensors, and Crewman please take the Engineering station and ensure all system operational; thank you all/"

 

She then moved to catch everyone's attention. "I'll do a short pre-flight briefing once we are certain all are present, but for now please take your stations and be ready."

 

==Tag GM do we have a Medical volunteer?==


Edited by Lt S'hiarra Sothrick, Star Date 22011.02 @ 17:30 (05:30 PM).

  • 0

#7 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.03 @ 20:49 (08:49 PM)

==Ensign Rollie Allen, Temp Medical NRC ==

 

Rollie stepped out of the turbolift and headed towards the shuttle. With a smirk and his PADD in hand, he was in high spirits for this away mission. If there was anything he was more excited for than meeting and studying new lifeforms, it was stepping foot on alien planets and studying these people in their natural environments. He had already seen what the radiation had done to the Malon who had been transported and treated in the Sickbay of the Callisto. What would happen to the Talaxian scouts? If they were supposedly lost and the radiation in the area was still playing with their scanning equipment, what would happen to them? 

 

Lt. Sothrick had just called into the sickbay requesting their representative to report. He had a feeling that he had been running late. Rollie stepped up to the rather intimidating Vulcan/Betazoid and stood at attention, putting his PADD behind his back. "Ensign Allen, reporting ma'am. I apologize for my tardiness." 

 

Rollie turned to look over the rest of the crew who had gathered around the shuttle. A tac officer, an engineer, a science officer, and a handful of security personnel. Seemed pretty straight forward for a search party. His medkit was supplied with plenty of hyronalin to treat any radiation ailments that pop up. 

 

 

 

==Ensign Nolan McCarthy, Temp Science NRC==

 

The crew of the away team approached; more security, an engineer, a tactical, and a doctor. At first they were all looking at him, like he knew what they were supposed to do or something. I don't even want to be here. He awkwardly nodded his head to them and turned to the Vulcan in engineering who approached him. 

 

"Sir, Crewman S'Tell reporting for away team duty. I've been briefed already on the radiation problems in the area. Is there anything else I should be made aware of?" McCarthy shrugged. He wasn't in charge thankfully. "Oh, hello S'Tell. I'm Ensign McCarthy. As far as I know, missing scouts and radiation messing with the sensors. Seems pretty straight forward thankfully." 

 

A commanding officer approached and he sighed in relief when he noticed it was the chief of security. He'd only heard her name and seen glimpses of her around the ship. More often than not he stayed in his quarters and the lab. "We have not met Ensign; I would appreciate it if you would do a full pre-flight on your systems and coordinate with Ensign T'Relia with regard to the sensors, and Crewman please take the Engineering station and ensure all system operational; thank you all/"

 

Nolan nodded in agreement and headed into the shuttle. Not sure why I need to look at sensors if the radiation is going to mess it up anyway. After sitting at his station and ran the pre-flight checklist. After a few moments the results came up and everything was normal. Nolan stepped back out of the shuttle and approached the only officer in red there with them. "Excuse me, Ensign T'Relia, but everything checks out in my systems. Anything else I should do?" 

 

 

=Tag Tess/Sothrick/All=


  • 0

#8 Ensign Nira Said

Ensign Nira Said

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Ensign
  • USS Callisto RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.04 @ 01:37 (01:37 AM)

Nira looked up at the Orion woman...she recognized her at once. She had seen her before. It was at the pocket dimensional bar where one can get drunk and stoned and time and space never mattered a crap. And she nodded at mention that Lieutenant Sothrick was in charge.

 

"Good to know, Ensign," she said, noting the pip. "Good to meet you again, by the way. In the real world or universe or dimension, whatever it may be called," she added with a smile. "I'm Ensign Nira Said."

 

Hearing a voice asking if her name was called, she turned to see her very departmental head. Lieutenant Sothrick. She stood at attention, awaiting orders, given she didn't have anything to do yet. Hearing her mentioning taking stations, she acknowledged with a nod, though she realized she didn't know where in the shuttle her position was.

 

"Uh, Lieutenant Sothrick," she asked, "where might you recommend me to be at in the shuttle? I've never been on an away mission before in a shuttle. I don't know what position to assume."

 

It was true. She was never on an away mission on a shuttle. The closest such thing was when she flew a shuttle and, because of unusual circumstances, the shuttle crashed. She never flew a shuttle ever since. In fact, she never counted it as a good shuttle trip.

 

== Tag Sothrick and Tess ==


  • 0

#9 Cdr Justine Anderson

Cdr Justine Anderson

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.04 @ 18:39 (06:39 PM)

== Crewman S'Tell ==

 

"Aye, Lieutenant." S'Tell replied as he moved to the interior of the craft and made his way to the engineering console aboard the shuttle craft.

 

S'Tell wasted no time inputting his engineering access code into the terminal and putting it into diagnostic mode to run a simple level 5 diagnostic of all critical engine components. A Level 5 diagnostic was one of the fastest and most automated diagnostic routines that was able to be run. Such as it was there was little to actually do while the computer ran through each part of its checklist and reported that all engineering systems were green and no faults found. Well it was green across the board except that high levels of radiation had a chance to interfere with the shuttle's shielding, rendering them susceptible to incoming weapons fire while they were tuned to keep radiation out of the cockpit of the shuttle.

 

"Lieutenant Sothrick, all engineering systems report green. However while shields are tuned for radiation dampening we will be more at risk to damage from incoming weapons fire." S'Tell reported.

 

=tag== 


  • 0

#10 Mid Starc

Mid Starc

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Discord:Static#7182
  • Medical Officer
  • USS Magellan, FSC-28019

Posted Star Date 22011.05 @ 20:23 (08:23 PM)

== Shuttle Bay, USS Callisto==

Starc slipped into the shuttle as the tactical team were busy with their final flight checks. She was a late replacement for the away mission to replace Ensign Allen, after he was required on a different project.

"Ensign Allen, your new orders," Starc stated handing the medical officer a PADD.

Starc took a seat at the rear of the shuttle and clipped herself in place. She gave the away team a quick glance, taking note of all the species on board, and running their different anatomies through her mind. Starc was a surgeon and a good one at that, and that worked for her, controlled and calculated. Away missions were different, emergency medicine was different, and Starc felt a little nervous, although her Vulcan stare gave nothing away.

It was her first away mission, another first to add to her Starfleet records,and the box needed to be checked.

==I have Riley's permission to replace the medical officer. ==
==Tag all==

Edited by Mid Starc, Star Date 22011.05 @ 20:24 (08:24 PM).

  • 0

#11 Ens Tess T'Relia

Ens Tess T'Relia

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.08 @ 01:34 (01:34 AM)

"Somebody mention my name?" an upbeat tone greeted the question and answer as the Security Chief followed the women into the shuttebay.

 

"Indeed I did, Ma'am. Guessed you would be leading here, and I assume I am correct." Tess replied.

 

"Good to know, Ensign," she said, noting the pip. "Good to meet you again, by the way. In the real world or universe or dimension, whatever it may be called," she added with a smile. "I'm Ensign Nira Said."

 

Tess smiled, glad to see Nira again, "I see you decided to transfer. Personally, its good to have you aboard. The bar was a fun time."

 

 

Sothrick moved to the door of the Siren "Ensign T'Relia please do a pre-flight check, and Ensign Said please ensure all away team members have their phasers.

 
Tess moved up to the front of the shuttle, and began to do checks on thrusters, engines, as well as the shields and weapons incase needed.
 
==Tags
 
Not sure if I need to ask for input, so I will: Does the check come back green?=

Edited by Ens Tess T'Relia, Star Date 22011.08 @ 01:35 (01:35 AM).

  • 0

#12 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.08 @ 13:01 (01:01 PM)

Turning to Ensign Said she directed the officer to one of the non-station seats; adding, "Our work starts as soon as we disembark Ensign; for now we stay out of the way of the ship crew and allow them to get us down there in an efficient manner. Once you are assured that all of the team are armed we simply wait for landing."

 

Reports were coming in and she nodded as Tess took the helm, "As soon as we're all aboard let's get underway Ensign T'Relia; in the meantime contact the Talaxians and establish a best guess starting point for our search."

 

There had been a change in Medical personnel; which was of no real concern to S'hiarra; knowing that Mara would send someone capable; “Midshipman Starc please ensure that yourself, and all of the away team have their anti-radiation booster shots before we clear the shuttle bay; I have had mine; “she added before turning back to take stock of the team's readiness

 

"Thank you Crewman S'Tell, I believe that the Callisto will be watching out for any sign of hostile forces, and they will give us adequate warning should we need to vary the shields for defensive purposes, but it is proper that you are prepared for such an eventuality."

 

==There will likely be at least one or two more players joining us eventually as RL permits, so discussions between us can continue as we prepare and await Riley's input, By way of keeping busy, and facilitating some familiarity; any and all could include a brief description of ourselves in our next posts.==


Edited by Lt S'hiarra Sothrick, Star Date 22011.08 @ 13:06 (01:06 PM).

  • 0

#13 Ensign Nira Said

Ensign Nira Said

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Ensign
  • USS Callisto RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.09 @ 13:39 (01:39 PM)

Nira nodded. It was a simple enough order to understand: Stay out of peoples' way. "Understood, Lieutenant," she said, and so proceeded into the shuttle. She looked around, looking for a place where she could stay out of peoples' way. And she had to do it quickly; there were people coming into the shuttle after all, and she'd likely obscure peoples' paths in.

 

Luckily, she found such a place: In the back of the shuttle. She went over and sat down there. She knew, of course, for the sake of making room, she'll have to give up her seat. She was fine to do so in the event it was called for.

 

As Nira waited for the shuttle to take off, she noticed how much personnel came in. Aside from Tess, who was obviously the pilot - And Thank Allah she's the pilot and not me, Nira thought to herself - there was mostly scientific and medical personnel. Aside from Sothrick and Nira herself, there were two other security officers.

 

Nira had never been on an away mission before, let alone something so huge. She wondered if the shuttle was big enough to accommodate everybody who boarded. Though she was sure she didn't take the size of the shuttle into account; it did seem different from the shuttle from the Sheridan that crashed.

 

== Tag Sothrick and Tess, though open to all to respond ==


  • 0

#14 Mid Starc

Mid Starc

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Discord:Static#7182
  • Medical Officer
  • USS Magellan, FSC-28019

Posted Star Date 22011.12 @ 10:18 (10:18 AM)

“Midshipman Starc please ensure that yourself, and all of the away team have their anti-radiation booster shots before we clear the shuttle bay; I have had mine;” came a call from the front of the shuttle.

 

“Aye Sir,” Starc call back, while starting to fidget with her medical bag.

 

She pulled the large medical bag onto her lap and scratched around for a few seconds, before pulling out the correct hypo spray. With a few clicks, the dosages were set up to the correct settings for the current shuttle grew.

 

As Starc stood up, she was immediately put back down in her chair. She quickly glanced around to see if anyone notice, before releasing the strap and trying again. AS she moved up the shuttle she ran her fingers through her lily-white fringe, pushing it to the left and out of her eyes. For the first time in a long time, being a Vulcan of a meter and a half became an advantage, as shuttles were designed with size in mind.

 

One for one, Starc started injecting her crew mates with the anti-radiation boosters. The familiar hiss of the hypo spray filled the shuttle with every dosage administrated.

 

Starc stopped dead in her tracks next to Midshipman Hohnaj. She had to force herself to lift her hand.

 

Oh really, that’s all we need a big strong Klingon to keep us safe.

 

After a slight shake of the head, the hypo spray hiss filled the shuttle once again, and Starc made her way back to her seat.

 

“The anti-radiation booster has been administered to all crew, Sir. We can proceed.” Starc called to the front of the shuttle.

 

==GM input, do any of the crew have negative reactions to the anti-radiation booster? ==

 

==Tag All==

 


  • 0

#15 GM-21

GM-21

    Member

  • Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.12 @ 21:31 (09:31 PM)

== T'relia ==

 

All pre flight checks came back green with no issues

 

== Starc ==

 

There were no adverse reactions to the anti-radiation boosters given to the shuttle crew.



#16 Ens Tess T'Relia

Ens Tess T'Relia

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.15 @ 00:41 (12:41 AM)

The checks came back green, everything was running correctly. Tess was relieved by that, Star Fleet had a habit of things going wrong, so she hoped this wouldn't be the case today.

 

Tess slung her rifle around her chair, before heading back outside the shuttle. Spotting the COS standing near by, Tess walked back over to her.

 

"The shuttle is ready, ma'am. Everything came back green." Tess reported, giving a small salute.

 

After hearing the Lieutenants response, Tess headed back over to the shuttle before being stopped by the Science Officer she had seen earlier.

 

"Excuse me, Ensign T'Relia, but everything checks out in my systems. Anything else I should do?" 

 

Tess thought for a moment, then said: "Once we get going, I'd like to see if you could use the sensors to make out anything on the ground of use. Any caves, ravines, the sort of place patrols can get lost. Thats all for now though. "

 

==Tags==


Edited by Ens Tess T'Relia, Star Date 22011.15 @ 00:41 (12:41 AM).

  • 0

#17 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.17 @ 19:46 (07:46 PM)

==With everything green and ready to go, the shuttle is cleared to depart from the Callisto and to head towards the planet. 

 

Taking Ensign T'Relia's input into consideration, Ensign McCarthy attempted to scan the planet for potential areas of interest however many of the surrounding areas of the  Malon crash site was still plagued with radiation fallout that wasn't giving clear readings of the topography. There was, however, dense forestation outside of the crash site and rocky terrain that gave the impression of potential caves, hills, and valleys. 

 

The shuttle was hailed by the Talaxian colony as they approached the planet's atmosphere.==

 

 

=tags=


  • 0

#18 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.19 @ 14:53 (02:53 PM)

Hearing the hail come over the comm S'hiarra tapped her badge to link to the shuttle's comm. "This is Lieutenant Sothrick aboard the shuttle Federation shuttle Agamemnon to the Talaxian colony. We have an away team aboard proceeding to assist with the search for your missing people.

 

Do you have any further information that might assist us with the search; over?"

 

She then turned to the shuttle pilot, "Ensign T'Relia in the absence of any new data please proceed with a visual sweep of the area before choosing a landing spot for us to begin.."

 

==Tags==


  • 0

#19 Ensign Nira Said

Ensign Nira Said

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Ensign
  • USS Callisto RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.21 @ 15:08 (03:08 PM)

Nira managed to keep out of the way as best as she could as the shuttle finished loading and departed. Granted, the shuttle was particularly crowded, but nonetheless, Nira kept as nondescript as she could. In any case, she answered to Sothrick for direction as well as orders.

 

However, despite her discretion, Nira couldn't resist looking out the window. It seemed so different than the last time she was in a shuttle. That time, she was piloting, and the shuttle crashed, even if it wasn't her fault. Now here she was seated differently. And away from the helm, thank Allah. And she was enjoying what she was seeing.

 

She was fascinated about the reentry and the eventual topography. She was fascinated by the topography especially. Contrary to the deserts of Deneb and the jungle she crashed into, this looked particularly unique. Perhaps it was all the rock formations.

 

Then, even though her view was a little obscured, she saw the ship. A crashed hulking freighter. A Malon ship. Nira wondered if everybody should've been inoculated before coming down, or better, have to wear EV suits.

 

== Tag all ==


  • 0

#20 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.21 @ 23:04 (11:04 PM)

==An unfamiliar voice came over the communicator badge.

 

"Ah, Lt. Sothrick, I've heard a great deal about you from some of the others here. My name is Selaxar. Let me speak on behalf of the colony as I thank you once again for the clean-up efforts regarding the Malons. I understand you took some damage to both your personnel and ships during that. That's unfortunate but I hope you know that we sincerely appreciate your assistance." 

 

There is a particular sense of disdain in Selaxar's voice when he mentions the Malons by name. 

 

"All of that being said, I'm sure you've been briefed on our situation so I'll make this short. We sent a small scouting party, six men and women in total, out into the wilderness to see what natural resources are available to us on this planet. They have since failed to return to the colony. We've given them ample time to make their way back to the colony but we fear the worst. As you may know, the radiation that is still very much present near the crash site has been interfering with our communications. We've debated sending another party out to look for the scouts but we can't afford to lose anymore of our people. Their last known location was the outskirts of the Freighter crash. The party's lead, Udexa, was going to take the party beyond the site and into the wooded area outside it. Unfortunately, Lt. Sothrick, that is all the information I can provide."

 

==

 

==tags==


  • 0

#21 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.22 @ 12:58 (12:58 PM)

"Understood Selaxar, we will do our best and keep you appraised of any progress, Sothrick Out."

 

Pausing to collect her thoughts she addressed the team. "Ensign T'Relia I want a standard grid search of the area where they were last seen, Ensign Said I want a grid map of the area available for all of our Paads before we land; make use of available sensor data even if that is simply a topographical map. That hopefully will give us likely spots where they could be and still be out of sight.

 

Mid Starc and Crewman S'Tell; while remaining out of Helm's way I want you to do a visual scan; please do your best to get a 'lay of the land' so to speak. I am going to employ my empathic abilities and see if I can detect any strong emotions such as might originate from someone in great distress.

 

Time is likely of the essence people so let's remain focused."

 

S'hiarra then sat on the floor, closing her eyes reached out to the area they were flying over with her empathy searching for any strong emotions below.

 

==Tags all round I think. If I missed someone please lemme know==


  • 0

#22 Ensign Nira Said

Ensign Nira Said

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Ensign
  • USS Callisto RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.29 @ 14:42 (02:42 PM)

"Understood, Lieutenant," said Nira. She set to work coming up with a grid map as best as she could. She had to admit, she never did this before, but she remembered making practice maps to estimate "murders" that had taken place, a scenario on the holodeck she remembered.

 

Nira got a better look at the landscape from the sensors as she assembled a grid map. Forest-like, plenty rocky in places, even some caves. Almost like the forests of inland California as she had seen them whenever she went on hiking trips at the Academy. Granted, she was still used to desert landscapes, being raised in Arabia.

 

Plenty of places to hide, thought Nira to herself. Whether for good or for ill. The grid will be able to help narrow things down, area by area. Hopefully this will enable us to find the missing Talaxian teams.

 

After a while, Nira had finished. She assembled the grid map to the best of her abilities from the sensors. She transmitted them to the PADDS of the away team once she had finished, per Lieutenant Sothrick's orders.

 

==Tag==


  • 0

#23 Ens Tess T'Relia

Ens Tess T'Relia

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.29 @ 23:00 (11:00 PM)

They received a hail from the planet, which Tess would have answered, had Lieutenant Sothrick not beaten her to it.

 

"This is Lieutenant Sothrick aboard the shuttle Federation shuttle Agamemnon to the Talaxian colony. We have an away team aboard proceeding to assist with the search for your missing people.

 

Do you have any further information that might assist us with the search; over?"

 

She then turned to the shuttle pilot, "Ensign T'Relia in the absence of any new data please proceed with a visual sweep of the area before choosing a landing spot for us to begin.."

 

"Ah, Lt. Sothrick, I've heard a great deal about you from some of the others here. My name is Selaxar. Let me speak on behalf of the colony as I thank you once again for the clean-up efforts regarding the Malons. I understand you took some damage to both your personnel and ships during that. That's unfortunate but I hope you know that we sincerely appreciate your assistance." 

 

There is a particular sense of disdain in Selaxar's voice when he mentions the Malons by name. 

 

"All of that being said, I'm sure you've been briefed on our situation so I'll make this short. We sent a small scouting party, six men and women in total, out into the wilderness to see what natural resources are available to us on this planet. They have since failed to return to the colony. We've given them ample time to make their way back to the colony but we fear the worst. As you may know, the radiation that is still very much present near the crash site has been interfering with our communications. We've debated sending another party out to look for the scouts but we can't afford to lose anymore of our people. Their last known location was the outskirts of the Freighter crash. The party's lead, Udexa, was going to take the party beyond the site and into the wooded area outside it. Unfortunately, Lt. Sothrick, that is all the information I can provide."

 

"Ensign T'Relia I want a standard grid search of the area where they were last seen, Ensign Said I want a grid map of the area available for all of our Paads before we land; make use of available sensor data even if that is simply a topographical map. That hopefully will give us likely spots where they could be and still be out of sight." Lieutenant Sothrick said.

 

"Understood Ma'am." Tess replied.

 
Tess manoeuvred the shuttle over to the crash site, performing a scan of the area around the crash site and wooded area.
 
==Tags
 
GM input: Does the search find any lifesigns/comm signals.== 

  • 0

#24 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.30 @ 02:46 (02:46 AM)

== The results of the scan came back with faint readings that matched the Talaxian scout party's frequency. While it was faint, it was still better than what the Talaxians or the Callisto had found in their previous scans. Science Ensign McCarthy hypothesized that the closer the shuttle came to the crash site the clearer their readings were coming, thought that should be incredibly unlikely. The results, however, were undeniable. What was particularly distressing was that there did not appear to be any life signs. 

 

Cross referencing the results from Ensign T'Relia's scans with the topographical map that Ensign Said prepared showed that the weak com signals were originating from a crevice that was nestled into the dense words outside of the crash site. ==


  • 0

#25 Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

Lt S'hiarra Sothrick

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 521 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.30 @ 18:33 (06:33 PM)

"Thank you and we're going to do our best Selaxar to keep you and your people informed of progress, Sothrick out."

 

She watched the progress and was pleasantly please with the progress and took a careful look at the topography of the area.

 

"There is a crevice nearby and perhaps that is masking any life signs. If they crashed into it we may need to do some climbing to get to them with the radiation interfering with our transporters.

 

Ensign T'Relia take us closer and land if feasible and Ensign McCarthy see if you can fine tune your search when we get close. The rest of us will prepare for the search. makes me wish we'd brought some climbing gear."

 

Looking at her Paad She gave a smile of thanks to Ensign Said. "Nice work, well done Ensign"

 

"That's all people, time is of the essence in a rescue so let's remain focused and ready, Midshipman Starc do we have a stretcher available should we need one?"

 

==Tags and GM Input can we replicate items such as rope and other climbing gear?==


Edited by Lt S'hiarra Sothrick, Star Date 22011.30 @ 19:00 (07:00 PM).

  • 0

#26 Lt (JG) Alec Riley

Lt (JG) Alec Riley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Callisto, RSV-88001

Posted Star Date 22011.30 @ 20:58 (08:58 PM)

==GM Input: Absolutely! ==


  • 0

#27 Mid Starc

Mid Starc

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Discord:Static#7182
  • Medical Officer
  • USS Magellan, FSC-28019

Posted Star Date 22012.01 @ 12:01 (12:01 PM)

“Mid Starc and Crewman S'Tell; while remaining out of Helm's way I want you to do a visual scan; please do your best to get a 'lay of the land' so to speak. I am going to employ my empathic abilities and see if I can detect any strong emotions such as might originate from someone in great distress.

 

 Time is likely of the essence people so let's remain focused."

 

Lay of the land? Surely the computer scan would give an accurate layout of the land.

 

Starc remember that certain species had different ways of speaking and that she needed to not take everything up so direct. She loosened her harness a bit, as her PADD beeped to life with the new information shared by Ensign T'Relia.

 

Starc’s attention flicked towards the PADD and then back to the shuttle as Sothrick spoke again.

 

"That's all people, time is of the essence in a rescue so let's remain focused and ready, Midshipman Starc do we have a stretcher available should we need one?"

 

Starc bit her lip before speaking. It was her first away mission, and she had messed up, even before landing on the planet’s surface. First Aid she not one of the specialties.

 

“Sir, that is a negative, but I will be able to construct a crude stretcher on the planet surface if the need arises.” Starc replied.

 


  • 0