Halloween Party

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lt Daniel Hawk

Lt Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted Star Date 22010.30 @ 13:36 (01:36 PM)

== Halloween Party, Holodeck ==

Daniel was giving a final once over of the decorations that he had generated using the holodeck. The theme was that of a spooky castle and the main room of the Medieval style castle was filled with pumpkins,  jack-o'-lanterns, orange and black streamers and well as other traditional Halloween décor. 

He had been surprised and even a little annoyed when the Captain had tasked him with throwing the Halloween party but over the last few days he'd gotten in the holiday spirit and threw himself into its planning and decorations.  

It had pleased him that the Captain had allowed him to have real alcohol for the party. The holographic waiters in various costumes were busying themselves getting the food and drink tables ready when he realized the time. 

"Oh, everyone should be arriving soon," he said out loud to himself.

To Daniel the hardest part of the whole affair was deciding which costume to wear for the party. He'd come up with a hundred ideas only to sour on them at the last minute. Finally he decided to go old school and decided on a Star Fleet Uniform from the late 23rd century with the rank of Lieutenant. He had to admit that he looked pretty good in it. 

Walking over to the control panel, he added one final touch. The band. A group of three performances dressed as mummies with musical instruments in hand materialized and began playing. 

"There. That should do it." 

== Tags == 

#2 Lt (JG) Arwen Tahn

Lt (JG) Arwen Tahn

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Yoritomo, DD-4019
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.31 @ 01:23 (01:23 AM)

One of the biggest regrets that Arwen had about being on Earth, was the fact she did not take part in Halloween parties. It was something that she wanted too do, but never got around too it. Now that the opportunity presented itself, she would be foolish too pass it up. Not only that, but she needed to do it in fine style. It was about time that she took advantage of the birth defect, It was time to lighten up a little, and be just a little less stingy.

Showing up to the party she dressed real nice in a Halloween costume, and it was something directly out of a fairy tale. Dressed like Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, complete with transparent wings. Glitter strategically lined her spots going all the way to the dress line, the glass looking shoes were made of something different so it wouldn't kill the heck out of her feet, As she entered the Holodeck, there wasn't that many people there but eventually they would show up.

Seeing the Lieutenant in his old Uniform, Arwen briefly remembered when people actually wore them. It was a part of her past, but never actually wore one. Now that she was there, Arwen was going to live it up and make things right. "Lieutenant Hawk thank you for doing this, and allowing me the opportunity to correct the one regret I have about never attending any of these." She had hoped it would be a good  ice breaker, and the start of a good time.

==Tag==

#3 Mid Balamuni Karuth

Mid Balamuni Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Yoritomo, DD-4019
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22010.31 @ 08:42 (08:42 AM)

Balamuni had lived and worked among Humans for many years, but she understood many of the Holidays and customs, their celebration of Christmas, the Holiday that celebrates the birth of a baby male who holds the key to their salvation. She understood Valentines Days, a Day when lovers publicly declare their love for the entire world to see. She understood their Thanksgiving and even liked it, especially roasted Turkey, but this concept of Halloween eluded her.

Balamuni wanted to make friends with the rest of the crew looked up Halloween, Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of "All Hallows' Evening"), also known as All Halloween, All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve, is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the observance of All Hallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.

One theory holds that many Halloween traditions may have been influenced by ancient Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain, which may have had pagan roots some scholars hold that Samhain may have been Christianized as All Hallow's Day, along with its eve, by the early Church. Other academics believe, however, that Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, being the vigil of All Hallow's Day

Halloween activities include trick-or-treating (or the related guising and souling,) attending Halloween costume parties, carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories, as well as watching horror films. In many parts of the world, the Christian religious observances of All Hallows' Eve, including attending church services and lighting candles on the graves of the dead, remain popular although elsewhere it is a more commercial and secular celebration.  Some Christians historically abstained from meat on All Hallows' Eve, a tradition reflected in the eating of certain vegetarian foods on this vigil day, including apples, potato pancakes, and soul cakes.

Balamuni didn’t understand the concept, but she wanted to fit in, but how does a six-foot four-inch Mirak Tigris hide behind a costume? After hours of deliberation, she decided to dress in Traditional Mirak Tigris clothing,

She chose the traditional silk loincloth with the metallic jeweled belt, arms bands, and bejeweled headdress and, her mane braided, A necklace huge between the metallic breastplates, the twin daggers scabbard to her waist. By law, the female Tigris were forbidden to wear the large Sword and short dagger of the males and Top Knots were strictly a male-only custom in ancient times females caught wearing one was put to death.

However, that was ages ago, this was a Federation Starship, and she was off to make friends with her new crewmates. 

She found her way to the Holodeck, she stepped in and was amazed, she found herself standing in a medieval castle, it was filled with pumpkins,  jack-o'-lanterns, orange, and black streamers, and other traditional Halloween décor, that she had recognized from her studies.

She spotted what she took to be a Human male with red hair and brilliant green eyes, he was dressed in an old Star Fleet Uniform.

Is that supposed to be scary, I thought Halloween was supposed to be about scaring people. Thought Balamuni.

She noticed a Trill dressed as a large created she knew the Humans called Butterflies, but her people called Kochō. The Butterfly was approximately five foot six inches and lovely Brunette Hair and incredible blue eyes, her complexion was fair.

No…you silly cat, she is not a butterfly …. think Human mythology…. She is a…. a…. a…. a Fairy…Yes, that’s it a fairy. Thought Balamuni.

Happy Halloween!” Said Balamuni. 

== Tag All. ==

#4 Ens Xenara Xardeen

Ens Xenara Xardeen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted Star Date 22010.31 @ 17:32 (05:32 PM)

==Sure what the hay...==

Xenara Xardeen never understood the Terran practice of Halloween. She enjoyed playing dress up as a little girl like every other little girl did, but the Pagan tradition just never seemed to resonate with her. She understood where it came from, the "rules" and traditions as most were just for fun, but she never quite got why Humans, or anyone for that matter, believed in superstitious nonsense like monsters and demons, and things that go bump in the night. 

Xenara had seen real monsters. Well, they were just scary-looking aliens, not the supernatural beings that saturated the superstitions that surround the holiday.

She knew she was supposed to dress as something scary, something that scared her, but her arachnophobia just wouldn't allow for her to wear a spider costume. 

The easiest costume would be a vampire, a sexy vampire at that. But it was hard to be sexy with a Nao-exoskeleton coiled around her arms and legs and torso. And making things even harder was the fact that she had a slightly wider gait than most humanoids. 

Maybe I can use my Nano-exoskeleton to my advantage? Oh! Maybe an augmented vampire?

So she replicated a black, sort of sexy vampire outfit complete with skirt and cape and several cybernetic "upgrades" she placed on her bare arms and bare legs and a few on her head to put some emphasis on her Nano-exoskeleton to make her look like a contemporary Augment. She didn't want to go overboard with the costume since she had limited mobility, but she couldn't forget the vampire teeth and blood red lipstick, makeup on her arms, legs to make her look like she needed a tan, and face and a bit of fake blood dripping from the side of her mouth. 

After she was finished, she had showed Murphy the sleeping cat, who looked at her once and went back to sleep.

She entered the holodeck where the party was and noticed only a few people there. She was normally early to these events, so hopefully more would show. The Chief Medical Officer was dressed like a fairy, Daniel was in an old Starfleet uniform and Balamuni was in...civilian clothes? 

As the doors closed, she put her hand on her hips and tried to pose. 

"I knew I smelled human," she said in a playful, but ominous tone as she walked toward Daniel. "But I have a thirst for something a bit more...exotic tonight."

She looked at Balamuni and the Trill doctor with an evil grin and licked her fake fangs. 

==Tag all==

#5 Mid Balamuni Karuth

Mid Balamuni Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Yoritomo, DD-4019
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.02 @ 05:07 (05:07 AM)

Balamuni was enjoying the decorations, though some of them were a bit strange, old ugly women straddling brooms, wearing large pointy hats, with what she knew Terrans called cats. Large gourds with scary faces carved into them.

Balamuni heard the tell-tale footfall of someone entering the Holodeck, footsteps she recognized as her friend Xenara, "I knew I smelled human," she said in a playful, but ominous tone.

Balamuni watched as she walked toward Daniel. "But I have a thirst for something a bit more...exotic tonight."

Balamuni was perplexed Xenara costume was something she had never seen before.

Is she a Borg Drone? A bit of an unusual costume. Thought Balamuni.

Balamuni smiled and walked over to her friend. “Hello, you are the best looking…. best looking…I’m sorry I’m unfamiliar with your choice of costume.” Balamuni said her voice clearly hunting for the right words.

Balamuni thought she would have difficulties making friends with Xenara, but the time they spent in the Holodeck, clearly made her feel otherwise. Xenara really seemed to enjoy herself, but Balamuni wasn’t sure.

== Tag All. ==

#6 Lt (JG) Arwen Tahn

Lt (JG) Arwen Tahn

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Yoritomo, DD-4019
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.03 @ 00:24 (12:24 AM)

Arwen couldn't help but to smile when she heard about drinking blood that was exotic blood. She also thought about in some Vampire lore, and one of them was that the blood carries with it memories of the former owner. If that were true then the amount of memories that she had would put anyone in a sensory overload, and it would take a very long time too sort them out. 

She adopted a bit of a playful voice, and her wings started to have a soft glow of rainbow that got brighter and brighter.  "One bite into this neck, and it will ruin all blood for you forever." and gave a bit of a wink that was a little on the suggestive side0, it was just part of who she was. A personality that was still a bit of a working progress, but it was going in the right direction.

Tilting her head a little and brushing away the hair. "The bar is open if you want to tap into it." Again she was going with the running theme, and hopefully started to spark up more conversation.

==Tags==

#7 Lt Daniel Hawk

Lt Daniel Hawk

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.03 @ 14:58 (02:58 PM)

Daniel was pleased to see that others started arriving. The Chief Medical Officer walked over to him. "Lieutenant Hawk thank you for doing this, and allowing me the opportunity to correct the one regret I have about never attending any of these."

Daniel smiled. "Don't thank me, thank the Captain. I just threw this together. I wasn't really sure what to do, but I figured any thing with food, drink and costumes would be a hit. And I'm glad to see you came and I love your costume. Let me guess, Tinkerbell from Peter Pan?"

From the corner of his eye Daniel saw one the newest crewmembers, Midshipman Karuth. “Happy Halloween!” Said Balamuni.

"Happy Halloween, thanks for coming. Don't you look spiffy with your daggers and all. Bold choice. Let's hope no one puts you to death," he joked. 

"I knew I smelled human," said a voice that Daniel recognized. "But I have a thirst for something a bit more...exotic tonight."

He turned to see Xenara dressed as a vampire. "Oh look at you. I can think of no one more suited to be a night walking blood sucker than you, and a gorgeous one at that," he teased with a grin. 

"Oh and remember the alcohol is real, none of that synthehol. The Captain only allowed it if I promised no one would get out of hand, so mind yourselves," Daniel said to the group. 

== Tags == 

#8 Ens Xenara Xardeen

Ens Xenara Xardeen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted Star Date 22011.04 @ 19:40 (07:40 PM)

“Hello, you are the best looking…. best looking…I’m sorry I’m unfamiliar with your choice of costume.” Balamuni said her voice clearly hunting for the right words.

Xenara turned on her heels as lady like as she could. She had to to research on her costume before deciding what to wear, and even more on how to act. luckily, most female vampires were the same. They all thought they were beautiful and no one could touch them unless they allowed it. So she decided to act the part as well. What fun was there in just looking like a creature of the night when you could be one vicariously? 

"Why, thank you. I'm an augmented vampire, dearie," she said. "I thought about being a Borg, but that was too much trouble and might be considered poor taste, though they do scare the hells out of me. Not like spiders do though." She physically shuddered at the thought of both of them.

When the Chief Medical Officer played off of Xenara's entrance, the Elaysian turned to the Trill and said, "tease."

"Oh look at you," Daniel said. "I can think of no one more suited to be a night walking blood sucker than you, and a gorgeous one at that," he teased with a grin. 

"Down boy," Xenara said with a playful finger point toward him. "If you behave, I might grace you with my company." She added with a grin of her own.

He really is good at flirting. 

"Oh and remember the alcohol is real, none of that synthehol. The Captain only allowed it if I promised no one would get out of hand, so mind yourselves," Daniel said to the group.

She turned to where the alcohol was and hesitated. After the night she had spend during her first crew party, and then subsequently at Starfarer's Way, she decided not to chance it again. She didn't want to make a fool of herself. 

"I really shouldn't drink anyway. Not after that last night at Starfarer's." She said, more to herself than to Daniel. 

==Tag all==

#9 Mid Balamuni Karuth

Mid Balamuni Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Yoritomo, DD-4019
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22011.06 @ 05:57 (05:57 AM)

Balamuni stood looking at Xenara, she still wasn’t familiar with the term Vampire, she casually slipped out her Data PADD and search for the term Vampire.

[ A vampire is a creature from folklore that subsists by feeding on the vital essence of the living. In European folklore, vampires are undead creatures that often-visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighborhoods they inhabited while they were alive]

Balamuni looked at Xenara she looked her up and down.

“Oooohhhhh…I get it, very scary indeed. “Stated Balamuni.

== Tag ==