#1 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 1759 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22012.15 @ 14:25 (02:25 PM)

==

#2 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22012.21 @ 03:36 (03:36 AM)

== Second Day of Shore Leave, 1900 hours ==

Robin entered the Crew Lounge, a little early. The place was almost deserted since much of the crew was on shore leave, but there were a few of the staff on duty and a couple of stragglers sat all alone, having a drink or a meal. The nurse was dressed in the new outfit that Beka had made her, a navy blue Japanese-style pinafore with lilac and white kanji. It was worn over her friend's other gift, a light gray top with bands of teal and navy blue that resembled an EEG reading. 

Beka and Eli hadn't arrived yet, so the purple-haired Ensign located a table near the viewport, one with a good view forward. The ship was maintaining an easy orbit above New Talax, though the colony itself wasn't visible. She looked out the window, entranced as always by the sight of the ships appearing to float above the planet's surface. Several of the Pathfinder Expedition were nearby. 

== Tag Beka, Eli, and anyone else who wanders in ==

#3 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22012.21 @ 14:54 (02:54 PM)

== Second Day of Shore Leave, 1900 Hours ==

It may of been a little over 24 hours or more since her semi serious operation. However ever since she had left Sickbay, Eli had stuck to the instructions that she'd been given. Apart from the residual stiffness and still wearing the support, Eli didn't feel too bad and a lot of that was down to both the care that she had received from Liam but also taking it easy.

Through all of that, Eli hadn't needed the pain medication as much as she had initially thought. Besides she knew her own body and what it could or couldn't do so knew her limits. However she was still determined to make the dinner date with Beka and Robin.

With some help from Liam, Eli was wearing an off the shoulder light blue long dress with black slip on sandals. Her long hair had been left loose and her only accessory was a blinged up walking stick so she didn't put a lot of weight on her healing knee.

Entering the lounge, Eli then looked around to see if her friends were present. Smiling when she saw Robin sat at a table near a viewport, then carefully made her way over.

"Hey Robin, love the outfit" she said as she approached.

== Tags ==

#4 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22012.22 @ 16:14 (04:14 PM)

== Second day of Shore Leave, 1902 hours ==

Some part of Beka thought she should be running, as she was late. The rest of her thought this was a ridiculous idea. She’d put in a full 12 hours down on New Talax and physically, she was pretty much running on empty. There really wasn’t enough left for a run of any kind.

Still, there was no way the doctor was going to miss dinner with two of her closest friends. She’d clung onto the mental image whilst elbow-deep in power converters and the insides of bio beds, and now it was time. Unfortunately for everyone else she had definitely worked up an appetite, even by her exacting standards.

Sydesh was wearing one of her own creations, a long-sleeved white top. Written across the front, in the shape of a heart and framed in rainbow Pride ribbons, were the words ‘questionable choice’ in a bright scarlet red. She’d matched it with black capri jeans and a pair of her favourite orange sneakers, ginger hair tied back in pigtails. There hadn’t been time for makeup but she didn’t need it - she had the unblemished complexion of someone who could, would and had worked miracles with a dermal regenerator over the last few years.

On entering the lounge, she soon caught sight of Robin and Eli at a window table and made her way over.

“Hey up you two,” she said with her trademark grin settled on her lips. “How’s the patient doing?”

Beka caught sight of what Robin was wearing and she sighed happily, resting a hand on the nurse’s shoulder and squeezing gently. It meant the world to her to see her gift being worn.

== Tag both! ==

#5 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22012.24 @ 15:43 (03:43 PM)

Within a few minutes both Eli and Beka arrived. Eli was still stiff and was using a walking stick, but otherwise seemed to be recovering fairly quickly from the previous day's surgery. Robin was impressed... the Security officer was tough. And so was Beka, who looked tired but had shown up anyway. She knew that her friend had spent the day on the colony helping to set up the medical facilities. Tomorrow would be Robin's turn. She was scheduled to spend the day training the Talaxian nursing staff on new Federation-provided equipment. It would be a long day, but honestly the Ensign enjoyed that sort of thing, and it would give her the chance to explore once her shift was over. 

"Hey Robin, love the outfit" Eli said as she approached. 

Robin grinned. "Me too. I'm gonna have to thank the designer again." 

Beka put a hand on Robin's shoulder in gratitude. The purple-haired nurse smiled at her. "Y'know, I'm willing to try out anything you design, Beka." She paused, laughed, then added "OK, almost anything." Beka's clothes were always fashionable and often a bit wild, and some of her outfits were far too much for the conservative former farm girl. "A girl's gotta know her limits," she said with her slight southern accent.

She motioned her friends to the table. "It was tough, but I managed to get us a table. I had to pull in some favors. You know how exclusive this place is," she joked, as deadpan as she could be, and waved her hand at the nearly empty lounge. 

"Let's order, and then spend the day complaining about work. That's traditional, right?"

== Tags ==

#6 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22012.24 @ 16:00 (04:00 PM)

"Definitely" Eli replied as Robin answered here before the aforementioned Designer joined them and playfully asked how the patient was. "She's doing okay,although couldn't resist accessorising my cane" she quipped as Beka shared a moment with Robin.

That was nice to see along with Beka's sense of humour with the words that were emblazoned so colourefully on her top. Grinning as Robin said what she did about wearing almost anything that their friend designed and how Robin had her limits.

"Count me in with that, I'm happy to have a few more Sydesh creations".

As Robin then gestured towards the table and joked about pulling in favours due to how exclusive the lounge was. Eli grinned again as she moved towards it, glad to have a few moments of respite rather than rely on the cane.

"Love it and yes that sounds about right" Eli added in response to what their plan would be for dinner.

== Tag ==

#7 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22012.25 @ 23:58 (11:58 PM)

"Y'know, I'm willing to try out anything you design, Beka. OK, almost anything. A girl's gotta know her limits,” Robin said, laughing as she spoke.

"Count me in with that, I'm happy to have a few more Sydesh creations,” Eli said, joining in gleefully.

Beka let out a dirty chuckle.

“Oh, I see how it is,” she replied with a wicked grin. “I was just thinking about what’s considered taboo, and how much we could push it in my next round of designs…”

She grabbed the bottom of her top and went to take it off, stopping halfway and laughing before smoothing the shirt back down.

“Don’t worry, I know my audience,” the doctor teased. “It’s what makes it interesting for me. I know what I’d wear. It’s making an educated guess at what you’d both go for that’s the challenge.”

It was a relief for Beka that the other two knew what she was like and had accepted her anyway. She didn’t have to hide anything or worry about how they’d react to her.

"It was tough, but I managed to get us a table. I had to pull in some favors. You know how exclusive this place is," Robin joked. "Let's order, and then spend the day complaining about work. That's traditional, right?"

“Love it and yes that sounds about right,” Eli rejoined. 

“I’m glad you two are welcome. I still feel like I need to wear a disguise every time I come here in case Morgan has put my picture behind the bar with a big sign that says do not serve,” Beka said with a grin. “If I got barred for bad behaviour, I’d have to get them to tell me exactly which behaviour it was that got me kicked out.”

So far there hadn’t been any overt revenge from the Quartermaster on the ginger doctor. Everything Sydesh had needed professionally had been provided courteously and quickly. She hadn’t put in any personal requisitions even before whistling at the Queen Bee, and now there was no chance of her trying her luck.

“Oh, and speaking of work,” Beka said. “Robin, were you ever going to tell me you got promoted? Congratulations, Ensign Mayfair!” The doctor ran off a salute sharp enough to cut bread, and then ruined the image with a peace sign and a stuck-out tongue.

“I’m still not calling you sir,” she teased, laughing.

#8 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.02 @ 20:58 (08:58 PM)

“Oh, I see how it is,” Beka replied with a wicked grin. “I was just thinking about what’s considered taboo, and how much we could push it in my next round of designs…” She grabbed the bottom of her top and went to take it off, stopping halfway and laughing before smoothing the shirt back down.

Robin blushed slightly, but laughed in return. She couldn't help it.

Could you be more of a farm girl? she thought. It wasn't that she was embarrassed by Beka's behavior... it was more that she never knew how to react. It was a reminder of just how sheltered she'd been on the colony. 

“I’m glad you two are welcome. I still feel like I need to wear a disguise every time I come here in case Morgan has put my picture behind the bar with a big sign that says do not serve,” Beka said with a grin. “If I got barred for bad behaviour, I’d have to get them to tell me exactly which behaviour it was that got me kicked out.”

"She hasn't tried to get you yet, Beka? Or maybe that is the revenge... make you sweat for a while and never actually drop the bomb."

“Oh, and speaking of work,” Beka said. “Robin, were you ever going to tell me you got promoted? Congratulations, Ensign Mayfair!” The doctor ran off a salute sharp enough to cut bread, and then ruined the image with a peace sign and a stuck-out tongue. “I’m still not calling you sir,” she teased, laughing.

"Oh, that. Thanks! Truth is I hadn't given it much thought, at least after Doctor Tyrol handed me my pips. I guess it'll take time for the power to go to my head," she said with a laugh. "But no worries about calling me 'sir.' Funny thing about being a nurse... you're always subordinate to doctors. It's my job to hand you whatever instruments you need and mention if you accidentally leave your Combadge inside a patient."

Edited by Ens Robin Mayfair, Star Date 22101.02 @ 20:59 (08:59 PM).

#9 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.03 @ 10:49 (10:49 AM)

As the conversation moved away from clothing and possible further blushing from Robin at Beka's playful antics. Eli grinned at how comfortable they were around one another and yet could understand the slight paranoia beneath Beka's words about Cera and potential revenge due to their previous encounters.

When Robin offered up a suggestion as to why she hadn't struck yet, it was something to consider or perhaps there might not be any repercussions at all. " Possibly, either way you're as welcome here as any of us Beka" Eli said reassuringly, before Beka congratulated Robin on her promotion.

That was definitely another good reason for meeting up tonight and even as Beka joked and Robin said what she did. Their friend was more than just a Nurse and it was only right that they celebrated this achievement.

"Maybe so Robin, but you're more than just a Nurse and congratulations, another reason for us to celebrate tonight".

== Tags ==

#10 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.04 @ 00:05 (12:05 AM)

The impish grin froze on Beka’s lips at the ‘just a nurse’ comment. It was one of those moments that she had rewind in her head to make sure she’d heard it correctly.

“Maybe so Robin, but you’re more than just a Nurse and congratulations, another reason for us to celebrate tonight.” Eli’s words were heartfelt but they didn’t do enough for the redhead to stay quiet.

Not that I ever stay quiet…

“Can we drop the whole ‘just a nurse’ thing?” Sydesh said. “It’s a completely different skill set to doctor or surgeon but just as important. You’re the ones that have to calm the patients, keep everything organised, learn the procedures just as well as we do so you know what’s coming next, do a lot of the patch and fix work… There’s no ‘just’ about it. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to lean on the nursing staff already. You kept Evie Crawford focused so I could treat her. You patched me up on that rock. You had everything lined up ready for Eli’s surgery. I could go on, but I’m hungry.”

Beka smiled warmly. Her tirade had been straight from the heart; it was clearly something she’d thought a lot about before.

“You’re the Ensign. I’m not,” she added. “And for all the noise I make, I respect that. Besides. You’d smash medical school and we all know it.”

There was a moment’s pause before the doctor spoke again.

“OK. Can we order? Because I’m the wrong side of a 12 hour shift and if I don’t start eating right now, I’m just going to break down in the corner,” she joked.

#11 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.04 @ 00:54 (12:54 AM)

Eli was very kind. “Maybe so Robin, but you’re more than just a Nurse and congratulations, another reason for us to celebrate tonight.”

Robin grinned. "Thanks so much, Eli. And I do appreciate it, really." 

“Can we drop the whole ‘just a nurse’ thing?”  Beka said. “It’s a completely different skill set to doctor or surgeon but just as important. You’re the ones that have to calm the patients, keep everything organised, learn the procedures just as well as we do so you know what’s coming next, do a lot of the patch and fix work… There’s no ‘just’ about it. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to lean on the nursing staff already. You kept Evie Crawford focused so I could treat her. You patched me up on that rock. You had everything lined up ready for Eli’s surgery. I could go on, but I’m hungry.”

"And thanks to you, too! I don't know what to say. I'm not good at taking compliments. But it's nice to be noticed."

“You’re the Ensign. I’m not,” she added. “And for all the noise I make, I respect that. Besides. You’d smash medical school and we all know it.”

Robin wiped a tear from her eye. "You'll get there, Beka. And soon, I think. You stepped up and ran the medical away team on the colony, and you were great with Evie. Treating the Captain's daughter has to be worth something, right?" 

“OK. Can we order? Because I’m the wrong side of a 12 hour shift and if I don’t start eating right now, I’m just going to break down in the corner,” Beka joked.

"Ab-so-lutely! I'm starving. 'Course, I'm always starving, so that's nothing new. Let's order."

#12 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.04 @ 11:06 (11:06 AM)

Whilst Eli had gone for the heartfelt approach as Robin was more than she thought to them and the medical department. The speech from Beka put it into perspective as did the warm smile that followed. So she smiled as Robin thanked them both before Beka asked if they could order, following a further emotional exchange.

Having seen Beka's appetite and even though she joked about it, she wasn't going to argue, especially as she could go for something fattening and delicious. " Agreed, let's order as I'm still catching up from yesterday and the day before" Eli said with a grin as she looked through the menu.

== Tags ==

#13 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.05 @ 23:51 (11:51 PM)

There had been that lingering worry at the back of Beka’s mind that her diatribe could end up being taken the wrong way, which meant she was relieved to see Robin’s reaction. A lot of the extra training the redhead had been taking was to rein in her habit of speaking her mind, or at least get her to take a deep breath before plunging on whilst she was on duty and it was much more likely her words would be misconstrued. Here though, her friends seemed to know she meant well.

It also meant she could bottle up her disappointment that her Ensign pip hadn’t been forthcoming yet. Robin had hers. Even Nat Okehampton now had a gold pip to her name. Beka had been told it was coming but she found it hard to draw any reassurance from that. The retreat of the Callisto at least meant that it was incredibly difficult for her to be sent back to the Alpha Quadrant any time soon, but she was half-expecting to be told that she was staying at Midshipman. It felt unfair, but there was nothing she could do about it that she wasn’t already doing.

I’ll deal with the stigma if the time comes. Not like it’s the first time... she thought to herself.

The other two seemed to agree that it was time to eat, and one of the servers came over.

”Y’all ready?” The young man had a Southern accent that was even thicker than Robin’s, and it made Beka grin to hear it.

”Why yes, good sir, I think we are,” the doctor replied, her voice suddenly carrying a near-perfect aristocratic British accent that she’d been practicing to needle her roommate. “I’ll have the largest rib-eye steak please. With ‘fries’. Sounds frightfully good to me! And a glass of Bajoran cola. How about you, ladies?” she asked her friends, with an impish smile.

The server just rolled his eyes and noted down her order.

== Tags! ==

#14 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.10 @ 11:47 (11:47 AM)

Beka finished ordering, putting on an accent that made her sound like British nobility, one that made Robin laugh out loud. "Now steak sounds good, Beka. Hmm... I'll have a New York Strip steak, medium rare, with mushrooms. Lots of mushrooms. A side of broccoli. A baked potato with sour cream. And I'll start with a side salad with Italian dressing, no onions."

To start, she thought. Tonight's all about pleasant conversation, not stuffing your face, so ease up, girl.

"How about you, Eli? Tonight's a celebration, so indulge!"

== Tags ==

#15 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.10 @ 12:19 (12:19 PM)

Hearing Beka's attempt at posh British accent as she gained the attention of a passing Server, followed by Robin's laugh once she had ordered. Had Eliana relishing at being in their company and how they didn't need to be so serious. Whilst she had a good idea where the accent inspiration had come from, Eli ended up chuckling too but not before she looked to Beka and said. "You'll have to do that for William as that was just brilliant".

Eli could imagine her son's reaction to it as he already enjoyed Liam's Irish brogue. However it was something to think about as Robin also chose a steak amongst other things as she then asked about her and how she should indulge since it was a celebration.

" You're right it is, so I'll have the house salad with the chilli and garlic dressing to start, followed by the steak and prawn linguine with extra mushrooms. Oh and one of your fruity non alcoholic cocktails, please".

Order given, Eli was happy with her choices as she then quipped. " I don't want to be falling over and end up with another cane".

== Tags ==

#16 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.12 @ 21:54 (09:54 PM)

"You'll have to do that for William as that was just brilliant."

That one made Beka laugh. 

“You want silly voices? I can do silly voices,” she said in her own accent. “I’d try and sneak some helium out of Sickbay but my boss there is watching,” the redhead added, nodding towards Robin and grinning. “Gotta at least pretend to behave when the brass is around, right?”

The server shook his head as he finished taking the orders and walked away. 

“I don’t want to be falling over and end up with another cane,” Eli quipped.

”Oh, I think you’ll be fine,” Sydesh replied. “From what I hear about everyone else on this crew, I’m amazed every other injury that comes to us isn’t alcohol related. I’ve been tempted to cue up the tissue cloner on a couple of replacement livers because it’s only a matter of time until someone needs one. And they’ll probably have a good few pips on their collar too...”

#17 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.22 @ 02:08 (02:08 AM)

== Sorry, last couple of weeks have been crazy busy. I'll try and post this weekend. ==

#18 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.27 @ 08:20 (08:20 AM)

== Okay Robin :-) ==

The laugh that Eli got out of Beka over her comment about William and how he would like her silly voice, made the security officer grin wickedly. She may still be recovering from her knee surgery but having this opportunity to just laugh and talk was just as beneficial as the cane and the no longer having to worry about her knee giving out.

She felt stronger somehow and as Beka responded to her about she could do silly voices and joked further about Robin being her Boss. "Yes exactly, although I can't complain about mine" she replied agreeing with her whilst making a reference to Coleman.

Eli wasn't wrong either although knew that Beka and him had clashed slightly. Although when the conversation then moved on, Eli listened and Beka likely wasn't wrong with her assessment but at least she would be prepared if it ever happened.

"That's true and some of us, do enjoy an alcoholic beverage or two. But at least you'll be prepared" she added with a knowing wink as she settled in her seat a little more.

== Tags ==

#19 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22101.30 @ 22:05 (10:05 PM)

== We’ll still be here! :D ==

There was a wicked grin on Beka’s lips. 

“Oh, I know exactly how to handle drunks,” she said. “At the Academy I was terrible. I’ve got one of these crazy fast metabolisms. So if someone got really battered, I was usually sober enough to think up some ridiculously embarrassing position to leave them in whilst being just drunk enough to think it was a good idea. Much safer for everyone that Beka the Disturber is left in the past...”

The server came back laden down with food and drink. Sydesh rubbed her hands together as the plates were handed out, and the moment all 3 women had their meals, she was straight into her steak.

“I’ve been looking forward to this all day…” she said, a blissfully happy smile on her lips as she sighed contentedly.

== Back atcha! ==

#20 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.31 @ 11:27 (11:27 AM)

The wicked grin that appeared on Beka's lips was usually a very clear indicator that they were about to hear a salaciously intriguing tale. So when she told them what she used to do, Eli certainly wasn't disappointed. Whilst she had never done anything as fun and daring as putting people in embarrassing positions, she hadn't exactly been innocent during her Academy days either.

"Maybe it is but I think thatk Beka would of gotten on very well with Academy Eliana" she replied, giving nothing away, at least not yet as the server returned with their food and drinks. It all looked good and Eli couldn't wait to tuck in, especially as her stomach rumbled in approval.

" I don't blame you, I didn't realise how hungry I was until this showed up" Eli said in agreement as she made a beeline for the salad first.

== Tags ==

#21 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22102.01 @ 21:51 (09:51 PM)

== Whew, sorry 'bout that. ==

Robin chuckled when Beka talked about her fast metabolism. 

Beka, my dear, you have NO idea. But she said nothing, just smiled. Of course, it doesn't seem to apply to alcohol for me, for some reason. Weird-*** metabolism. Two drinks and I'm hammered. 

She picked up her fork as the waiter put her steak in front of her, the look of a hungry shark in her eyes. It looked like Eli and Beka felt the same way, and the nurse heard Eli's stomach rumble. The New York strip was perfect, tender and properly seared with a generous supply of sautéed mushrooms. And the taste wasn't a disappointment, either. Replicated, sure, but she couldn't taste the difference. Some people could, apparently... or at least claimed they could. Robin had grown up on a ranch, and she knew steak, so she wondered how much of that was just snobbery. 

"Don't know, it might have been fun seeing 'Beka the Disturber.' It's a pity our paths never crossed at the Academy. You might have been a bad influence on me."

== Tags ==

#22 Ens Beka Sydesh

Ens Beka Sydesh

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted Star Date 22102.03 @ 23:48 (11:48 PM)

"Maybe it is but I think that Beka would of gotten on very well with Academy Eliana."

"Don't know, it might have been fun seeing 'Beka the Disturber.' It's a pity our paths never crossed at the Academy. You might have been a bad influence on me."

If the line from Eli hadn’t make Beka nearly choke on her drink, Robin’s certainly would have done. Covering her mouth with her hand quickly, the redhead spluttered before promptly draining her cola glass. 

“OK. First and foremost, there is no way you will ever convince me that you were anything but a perfect student the entire time,” Sydesh said to McKenna, a grin on her lips. “Like, you have a traitorous department head in front of you and you shot the ******* door. That does not scream rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle to me!” 

The doctor tried to imagine Eli as a rebel with a cause and her mind rebelled at the very idea. Her in full Viking facepaint, carrying a battle axe and screaming oaths at her instructors… Yeah right!

Sparkling green eyes turned to Robin. 

“And you know damn well I’d have been a terrible influence,” Beka said to the nurse. “I probably am anyway. If you’re even half the farm home-girl you like to make out, it’s people like me your family will have warned you to avoid lest we drag you down with us,” she teased. 

As she moved her attention back to her dinner, Sydesh couldn’t stop grinning. She was really enjoying the company and the rare opportunity to cut loose without having to worry about consequences. The downside of all the extra training she’d put herself through, for her at least, was just how careful she had to be with her quick-fire sense of humour now. 

Off to one side, there was another table that was watching the 3 women closely. 3 guys, plucking up a little Dutch courage and egging each other on, were looking for all the world like they were about to try their luck…

== Tags! And what do we say, 1 guy each, let them down gently? Or not…  :D ==

#23 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22102.04 @ 07:37 (07:37 AM)

As Robin answered Beka about how it would of been fun to see Beka the Disturber and how she might of been a bad influence on the Nurse. It seemed as though their friend wasn't entirely convinced as she almost choked on her drink before downing it. Once she had recovered it was Eli that received the first response which only made her grin. Beka may not believe her but this perfect tag was one that she couldn't shake off even though she wasn't perfect.

"You may not believe me but I had my moments"[/color] she replied with a playful wink as Beka then brought up the incident with Thrace. That was something that she had thought was forgotten but clearly not. Yes she should be able to laugh about it now but it still rankled her at how it had been perceived.

"Okay maybe not but in my defense I was pregnant, it was a warning shot and I still had my phaser trained on him to shoot if he continued. Luckily for him, Ben finally made him see sense".

When Beka then began to tease Robin, Eli smirked a little, loving the fun atmosphere they created whenever they were together. Of course she let her mind wander for a moment at the thought of them being at the Academy together which only made her smirk more. Although returned to her food as there was no point letting it go cold.

== Tags & sounds good to me, let's have a little fun turning them down, well for me anyway 😋 ==

#24 Cdr Edward Gregg

Cdr Edward Gregg

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 1251 posts
  • Acting Chief Science Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.05 @ 21:14 (09:14 PM)

Travel to the station had been steady. Warp 3 was pretty fast considering the status of the deflector array. The mine had been an interesting study. It made a kind of sense to have identifying text on a mine. Claymore mines had that front towards enemy thing. There had been that odd habit of painting messages on bombs, but that was probably more of a morale thing.

Ed had been ready to volunteer himself to assist with decontaminating the decks behind the deflector until he saw the station. He really didn’t want to ask Jenny if the station looked familiar. It was obviously something the Talaxians had acquired rather than built. The planet was a nice touch. Ed puzzled over what kind of materials you could mine from a volcanic planet. Somebody had though it worth putting what looked functionally like refuelling station above a volcanic planet.

Ed wondered if he should have applied for a shotgun. It would probably be useless at close quarters with a Borg. He carefully finished his breakfast or was it his supper? He wouldn’t mind being on the Away Team. The trick would be how much Tyra wanted rid of him. There was also the mitigation of disaster that he could cause to take into account. He was good at stuff, unfortunately what he was good at varied from useful to life threatening and not always for the opposition.

If he was lucky it would not eventful. Sadly the thing with the mines felt more like a distraction than an event. Also Ed’s luck was generally unlucky. It would be good to get Midshipman Alken acclimatised to working on the Bridge, so Jenny had requested he do a shift on the Science Console. Ed was happy enough at the console as he couldn’t see the rest of the Bridge unless he turned around and he was reasonably certain that he’d ironed out most of the kinks in the cutting phaser.

The problem had been that the Borg mixed organic and inorganic materials, so lopping off a head required something that could cut through both without running into complications. He had a box full of old Type-1 phasers and if Jenny wanted demolition charges he’d make sure that she’d be supplied with demolition charges and not his limited supply of outmoded phasers. He ran simulations until he found the correct frequency and beam width to make an effective cut.

Ed looked out again at the station and wondered what they’d run into this time. At least they were in the wrong quadrant for a Dominion cloning facility. He drained his drink and tried to figure out what to do next. It shouldn’t be too long before a staff meeting was called, then he’d know what he should be doing.