Jump to content


Photo

AT/D04-07 - Shuttlebay


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

    Creative Director

  • Administrators
  • 1759 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22012.15 @ 14:30 (02:30 PM)

==


  • 0

#2 Lt Benjamin Elias

Lt Benjamin Elias

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.16 @ 03:39 (03:39 AM)

>>Engineering>>

 

Benjamin hefted the large, comprehensive engineering kit on his shoulder as he walked into the shuttlebay, his phaser on his hip and his personal engineering kit in his hand. He didn’t expect to need the more specialized equipment in the larger kit on his shoulder, but wanted it to be available just in case and so planned to stow it on the runabout.

 

Of course, the thing was stupidly heavy - another reason why he was planning on stowing it until needed. So he walked in looking around closely, trying to see exactly where the Orion was waiting. Fortunately it was fairly easy to spot, given the amount of people getting the ship prepped for launch. Unfortunately, it was about halfway across the shuttlebay from the door he’d chosen.

 

There wasn’t anything for it, though, but to walk. Why didn’t you get an antigrav? he thought as he walked, though the simple answer was that there wasn’t one available when he’d grabbed the bag out of storage. But despite the size of the shuttlebay it wasn’t actually that long of a walk - it just seemed like it given the weight on his back - and soon he climbed aboard and got the bag stowed in one of the storage compartments.

 

With the grounds crew still working, he disembarked as soon as he had his task finished, so he could be out of their way. And he was glad he did: he spotted Cera off to one side, managing the equipment being issued and such. He walked over towards the short blonde, waiting until she was finished before walking over with a small grin on his face. He tried to make sure that her subordinate didn’t see it, but likely didn’t do a good job.

 

“I didn’t figure you’d be awake at this time of night,” he told her, “though since you are I’m betting you haven’t gone to sleep yet.” He knew she was a workaholic, though she was usually better about taking time than he was. “I was actually hoping you’d be here; I could use an inventory list, so we can figure out what’s needed from the station and what we can use from here.”

 

He wanted to say more, but in a public area like this he knew he shouldn’t. As the Mistress of Gossip on ship, and as important as her position not just as quartermaster but as a confidante to the Captain, she did everything she could to avoid being part of her own rumor mill. Not that it’s seemed to work, he thought, but he did his best to respect her wishes.

 

So instead, he went a different direction. “Of course,” he added, “you could always come with us to the station. You’d likely know better what we had than any list anyway.”

 

==Tag Cera==


  • 0

#3 Capt Tyra Crawford

Capt Tyra Crawford

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 2510 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.16 @ 14:54 (02:54 PM)

== Lieutenant Cera Morgan - Quartermaster/Yeoman/Ruler of the Rumor Mill Underworld ==

As far as away missions went, this one was on the lighter side of preparation by a long shot. Cera had loaded a miscellaneous crate of supplies that hopefully wouldn't be needed but might be, given their track record. Her assistant, Crewman Molih, was currently packing a small medical crate while another Crewman packed a small engineering crate to stow on the Orion.

She noticed the way her Vulcan assistant looked past her, eyebrow twitching slightly before diving back into his work with far more focus than it required. That could only mean one thing...

She offered Ben a small smile in greeting on approach, not missing his own grin. Fortunately, Molih had purposefully removed himself from the situation and her other Crewman had the social awareness of a literal rock.

“I didn’t figure you’d be awake at this time of night,” he told her, “though since you are I’m betting you haven’t gone to sleep yet. I was actually hoping you’d be here; I could use an inventory list, so we can figure out what’s needed from the station and what we can use from here.”

She arched her eyebrow slightly. This was a bit past her normal bedtime but years of working for Tyra had truly ruined her steady sleeping routine. The fact she was operating perfectly fine without any coffee should be a concern for everyone worried about her workaholic tendencies.

“Of course,” he added, “you could always come with us to the station. You’d likely know better what we had than any list anyway.”
 
Her dark eyes flitted side to side to check the location and progress of her people before settling back on Ben, her lips curving into an amused smile.

"Are you inviting me on a midnight stroll through a delightfully abandoned and potentially cob-webbed station? My my, Benjamin Elias, I didn't know you were such the romantic," she teased with the slightest batting of her eyelashes before looking back down at her PADD in a shift back to professional.

"I'm wise enough to stick with what's in my wheelhouse," she motioned to the creates being moved about. "Plus, I know better than to volunteer for anything led by our very own Billy the Kid or Jesse James, especially while wearing purple," she waved at her uniform.

Had they been somewhere more private, she likely would have tugged on his uniform with a comment about the gold likely making him a safe companion for what inevitable trouble their magnets attracted. Instead, she just flashed him a smile.

"I have no doubt that you'll do just fine in my place, though. Reading an inventory isn't rocket science, " she remarked as she handed him a PADD, almost as if she had foreseen the request coming. However, a glance at the data on the PADD suggested that the organization process might be more akin to rocket science than Cera had let on.

"While you're here, I know it's an off time of day but there's a fresh coffee down there and a ration bar for you, " she nodded towards where two thermos of coffee and two ration bars sat. "Yours is on the right, just how you like it. Don't take the one on the left unleash you want pure unadulterated hate in liquid form," she said with a grin that turned sweeter in the end note.

== Tag ==
  • 0

#4 Mid Edward Alken

Mid Edward Alken

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.16 @ 21:01 (09:01 PM)

<< Science Complex << 
 
It could be seen in the distance, no longer a mere image on the bridge's holographic display, but right there in front of them. The large hangar doors had been parted, and all that stood between the Midshipman and the cold vacuum of empty space was the shield that lined the space the doors used to enclose. When it came to departure the shield would be lowered and the Orion would proceed beyond its berth within the Artemis’s hull. Until that happened, the forcefield acted as the largest viewport aboard the starship, vastly out scaling even the panoramic views from the ship’s lounges. The view on display from the current angle of the Artemis was the silhouette of the abandoned station, backdropped by the familiar planetary body that Ed recognised from the sensors.
 
That’s quite a view. 
 
Ed thought as he crossed the hangar deck, his eyes transitioning from the distant space station to the assembling crew next to one of the auxiliary starships.
 
The Orion was already on the hangar’s deck, and from the look of the tactical personnel at work it was being prepared for the mission ahead. It was the familiar look of the engineering officer from the bridge that gave Ed confidence he was in the right place. This time however he had traded the coffee for all manner of engineering tools.
 
“I guess I’ll take a look inside.” 
 
Ed gave the pair a nod, drawing his satchel bag in a firmer grip. 
 
He noted the phaser that was on the man's side. 
 
“No sign of the others?”
 
He quizzed, for a moment sounding more distant as he peered in through the access hatch at the runabout’s aft, only to return a moment later. 
 
His eyes were once again back on the pair, and the phaser.
 
Ed wasn’t armed. He doubted anyone really wanted him to be. He had taken the mandatory proficiencies, and just about passed thanks to the irregular occasions in a past life as a farmer. To protect the livestock he had been forced to pretend to be a marksman, but never a proficient one, and never against another person. Ed hadn’t been offered a role as a security officer for good reason.

  • 0

#5 Lt Benjamin Elias

Lt Benjamin Elias

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.16 @ 22:58 (10:58 PM)

Benjamin couldn’t help but laugh as she shot down his ‘invitation’ to come to the station with them. Of course, it hadn’t been a serious one in the first place, as she well knew. “My my, Benjamin Elias,” she teased with a bat of her eyelashes, “I didn’t know you were such the romantic.” He felt like he could hear a bit of a southern drawl on the comment, which just made him laugh even more.

 

She moved back to the professional before he could comment, which was just as well. She waved at her uniform as another explanation of why she wouldn’t go, and he couldn’t help but follow her hands as she did so. She handed him her padd, though, and he wasn’t surprised that she’d already known that he’d ask for it. “Reading an inventory isn’t rocket science,” she told him, but as he looked at the list he wondered if maybe it actually was.

 

He couldn’t help but smile, though, as she showed him coffee and a ration bar she’d brought for him. “Getting me breakfast, now?” he teased softly. “I guess I’ll skip on the hatred and just go for the coffee, thank you.” He still wasn’t sure how she did it, but she’d managed to keep him supplied with his preferred blend of coffee - non-replicated, even - for months now. She must have created a private stash somewhere in the cavernous cargo bay which he hadn’t located yet.

 

He heard the shuttlebay doors open, and judged he only had a moment, but leaned in and gave Cera a kiss. Not long, not terribly deep, but enough for the moment. He smiled as he leaned back, and couldn’t help himself as he added “Captain’s orders.” 

 

He knew he had a stupid grin on his face as he looked at her, but was startled out of it when the scientist from the bridge, Alken, walked up and said, “I guess I’ll take a look inside,” and nodded at them. Benjamin felt his face flush, and turned back to Cera before the other man could really see. Fortunately, Alken seemed to actually go into the Orion, which gave him a moment to grimace and shrug at the quartermaster before he returned, adding “No sign of the others?”

 

Benjamin took a deep breath and gave her a last smile before turning back towards the ship, by way of the proffered libation that Cera had given. “Not yet,” he said as he juggled the engineering kit, the new thermos, and the ration bar. He decided the matter by setting the kit on the runabout’s landing ramp before opening the ration bar to start eating; he didn’t remember dinner which likely told him he’d missed it. “But they’ll be here in just a second,” he added.

 

As if on cue, Stelic came up from around the Orion’s bow, having entered from a different door, evidently, and walked stoically past the scientist. “Speaking of, good to see you Midshipman.” The Vulcan didn’t answer, which wasn’t entirely unexpected. He simply started to stow his gear, doing some final checks on everything with that damned smirk on his face. Sure, he had some scar tissue that caused the permanent smirk, but it still was just damned frustrating.

 

He turned back to Alken. “Did you remember to grab a snack of some kind?” he asked. “If not, there’s likely something in the runabout’s stores. Now’s likely a good time to do so, before we get underway.” For his part, he unscrewed the top of the thermos and drank some of the coffee - still piping hot and strong, it felt like heaven on his tongue.

 

==Tag Alken==


  • 0

#6 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 01:11 (01:11 AM)

<< Medical Complex <<

 

The door slid open to the vast shuttlebay of the Artemis, and Robin couldn't help but stop and gawk for a moment. It was the first time she'd been here, and though the young Head Nurse had certainly been in shuttlebays before this one was impressive. The Orion, the runabout the team would be using, was undergoing final flight prep, and she was happy she wasn't late. She wadded up the wrapper to the good-sized sandwich she'd wolfed down on the way, checked her uniform for crumbs, and tossed it in a waste receptacle before stepping in. 

 

The purple-haired nurse recognized a few of the people in the bay. Benjamin Elias, the Chief Engineer. Cera Morgan, the quartermaster. And Edward Alken, a science officer she'd only met briefly when two Kazon had decided to make a scene in Sickbay and he'd been unlucky enough to step in at the wrong time. There were a few others she didn't recognize, including a Vulcan with an odd smirk. The Captain hadn't arrived yet, so Robin walked over to the Orion and put her medical bag down for a moment. As she walked up to Elias he took a long drink from a thermos full of coffee. 

 

Now that's a good idea. She didn't need it at the moment, having had a cup while doing paperwork in Sickbay, but having some available was usually a good idea. She had a bottle of water and some ration bars in her bag, and they'd have to do. 

 

"Lieutenant?" she asked Elias, with her slight southern accent slipping through, "Is there somewhere I can get a phaser? Doctor Tyrol recommended I carry one." 

 

== Tags ==


  • 0

#7 Lt Damian Coleman

Lt Damian Coleman

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 01:52 (01:52 AM)

== Temp NRC – Petty Officer 3rd Class Ashley De Fonto, Security ==

 

Walking into the shuttlebay, Ashley was wearing the usual Class C work uniform, but added to it with an away mission black bomber jacket, and a ball cap with the Artemis name and registry on it; a blonde ponytail sticking out above back fastener. In her right hand she carried a singular long duffle bag which contained one of three pattern enhancers. While in her left she held the strap to her backpack which contained essential items for dealing with all sorts of goodies. A phaser pistol poked out from underneath the bottom of the bomber jacket, nestled securely in a holster.

 

Normally, she’d be chewing gum. But the dispatcher had given her the good news, and that was that the Skipper would probably be joining the mission. So, she’d swallowed the cinnamon bubblegum, if only to look just slightly more professional than her casual look suggested. Though, she still had the rest of her pack of gum for when there was the inevitable split up from the main group.

 

Ahead was a small gathering of people already, and De Fonto was surprised to see that she was the first of the Security detail to make it. At the same time though, it did make her feel slightly better that she was the first from her Department.

 

"Lieutenant? Is there somewhere I can get a phaser? Doctor Tyrol recommended I carry one,” the purple haired nurse, Mayfair as Ashley recognized her, asked of the Chief.

 

“Sirs,” De Fonto gave a brief salute to the mess of officers, “Petty Officer De Fonto reporting as per Chief Coleman.”

 

Ashley then turned to speak directly to the Junior Grade Lieutenant,

 

“If you’d like to follow me into the runabout ma’am, I can get you a sidearm.”

 

Walking up the ramp and into the Orion, Ashley stowed the pattern enhancer and locked it down with a clasp. Then, she placed her backpack into one of the vacant rear seats. With a slight sigh, she pushed off toward the weapons locker of the runabout, and opened it.

 

Gathering up a phaser pistol, Ashley secured the safety, set it to the lowest setting, loaded it with an energy cell, and then gathered up a couple spare cells. Then, she waited for the officer who she hoped had followed behind her.

 

“Here you are ma’am. A Type-2H, loaded, and set to stun. Also, a couple of spare energy cells should you need them. Is this your first Away Mission?”

 

== tag Mayfair ==


  • 0

#8 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 658 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 02:49 (02:49 AM)

== Utilization of McKenna with author’s permission ==

 

<< Security Complex <<

 

Nathan walked into the Shuttlebay alongside Eliana, both of them carrying a pattern enhancer each, along with the rest of their gear. Both he and Eli had been chatting on their way down, but when Nathan saw the gathered group of people already at the Orion, a small frown furrowed his brow.

 

Are we last? Were they waiting on us?

 

Cera was standing by Ben, which made Nathan smirk. And there was movement inside the runabout already too. However, as Ramius took the scene in, things looked a little too casual for Captain Crawford to have arrived yet. With that realization, he let out a small sigh of relief as he looked over to Eli,

 

“Looks like we aren’t late at least.”

 

Striding over to the foot of the ramp, Nathan nodded to everyone gathered, though gave a smile to Cera and a grin to Benjamin.

 

“Cera, good to see you! Making sure the Chief gets his midnight lunch?” Nathan chuckled as he teased, setting the pattern enhancer down for a moment.

 

“I don’t know if Whitby caught up with you from yesterday,” he looked directly to Cera, even though the context would make things more apparent shortly.

 

“Apparently, there is some super-secret important information that she wanted to give to you directly. Surprisingly, even I wasn’t allowed to know what it was about. Which did make me suspicious, but extracting info from Kate requires… bartering,” there was a little blush from Ramius.

 

Anyway, are we just waiting on a pilot and the Cap’n now?”

 

== tag all! ==


  • 0

#9 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 07:30 (07:30 AM)

<< Security Complex <<

Considering what they were about to do and the unknowns that would come with it. Eliana had enjoyed the last few minutes of normality and conversation with Nathan after leaving the security complex, before arriving at the Shuttlebay. Remembering the last time that she had been in here, Eli was quick to shut down those particular memories of the Rogue Planet and instead focused on those who were already present as she adjusted her hold on the pattern enhancer that she was carrying.

Ben, Cera and the new Science Middie Alken were easy to make out as they approached and Eli was pretty sure that she had seen Robin follow De Santo into the Orion. Of course that made her think of Beka and wondered who else would be joining the team as Nathan spoke about the pair of them not being late.

" That's definitely a good thing" she replied, knowing that neither of them would of wanted to be late, especially with the Captain leading the mission. As Nathan then greeted Ben and Cera and spoke with the Quartermaster. Eli acknowledged them with a smile as Nathan then queried if they were just waiting for the Captain and Pilot.

That made sense once she thought about it, before deciding to get a head start by stowing away her gear, except for her phaser pistol and said as much to the others. " I'm going to go ahead and stow away my gear and the pattern enhancer".

Leaving them for the moment, Eli went inside the Orion and began to secure her gear.

== Tags ==
  • 0

#10 Mid Edward Alken

Mid Edward Alken

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 11:18 (11:18 AM)

“That’s a good idea.” 
 
Elias's suggestion to search out some provisions had forced Ed back into the Orion, leaving Cera and the man to finish their conversation. The engineer gave the appearance of an experienced hand on away missions, and if he thought sustenance was an essential packing then the botanist would bow to his wisdom. All that was left was to identify which of the storage units would have what he needed. 
 
The aft compartment of the runabout was fitted with a number of lockers of varying sizes, accompanied by a small replicator to make up for the absence of a starship's galley. Along the compartment were seats featuring straps to hold passengers firmly in place should a journey become anything less than pleasant sailing. Next to the replicator were a number of transparent drawers just large enough to fit some ration packs and nutritional bars. He had quickly withdrawn his choice of snack, briefly reviewing its nutritional value, before finally slipping the a blueberry flavoured bar into his satchel bag.
 
“Here you are ma’am. A Type-2H, loaded, and set to stun.” 
 
Ed peered across the small compartment to the two women who it appeared were arming themselves for the abandoned station. One looked familiar, dressed in the attire of the medical department, the other was in a bomber jacket and baseball cap. 
 
Best guess... security. 
 
Ed was certain that was an obvious deduction.
 
They, like Elias, was clearly taking no chances about what they might find on the abandoned station. The botanist noted the locker from which she had retrieved the nurse’s phaser. It was distinct from the others in the aft compartment, sealed with additional magnetic locks to ensure that none of its contents would be retrievable without authorisation. 
 
Within the confines of the small compartment it was difficult not to overhear the conversation as it continued, quizzing about whether this was the first away mission that the woman had been assigned to. He had not stayed for the answer, gliding past them as he moved towards the access hatch. It was somewhat comforting to think that someone else was also about to experience their first assignment off the starship. 
 
The glare of the shuttlebay’s lights poured over his eyes as he transitioned from the aft compartment back to the main gathering at the bottom of the access hatch ramp. No sooner had he started his descent down the ramp, impeded by temporary blindness as his eyes readjusted, than he had accidentally crashed himself into the security officer making her way into the Orion from the opposite direction. 
 
The collision had been gentle, but it had caught the older gentleman off guard. His hand had caught the cold surface of the runabout in an effort to steady himself.
 
His eyes met the phaser at the waist, already betraying some of the identity of the individual he had just endured a collision with. Soon he had the full figure of a woman dressed in a security uniform, and eventually he met her eyes. It was one of the ranking security officers.
 
He’d reddened in embarrassment.
 
All that was left was for the botanist to disarm the situation.
 
“I must apologise profusely. The glare in my eyes ma’am, I didn’t see you there.” 
 
== Tag McKenna - Couldn’t help it sorry! == 

  • 0

#11 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 11:48 (11:48 AM)

Before Benjamin could respond a Security Petty Officer stepped up. Robin didn't recognize her, but there were still a lot of people on the crew she'd never met. “If you’d like to follow me into the runabout ma’am, I can get you a sidearm.”
 
The nurse gave a nod to the Chief Engineer and followed as the blonde woman strode up the ramp, pausing to stow a piece of equipment and drop her backpack into a seat. She opened a weapons locker and took out a phaser, giving it a quick and expert inspection and setting adjustment before handing it to the Lieutenant (JG). 
 
“Here you are ma’am. A Type-2H, loaded, and set to stun. Also, a couple of spare energy cells should you need them. Is this your first Away Mission?”
 
"Thanks," Robin responded as she attached the weapon to her belt and tucked the spare cells in a pocket. "And I'm an old pro at this. It's my second Away Mission," she said with a friendly grin. I'm Robin Mayfair, by the way. Nice to meet you." 
 
== Tag Ashley ==

  • 0

#12 Capt Tyra Crawford

Capt Tyra Crawford

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 2510 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.17 @ 21:45 (09:45 PM)

== Lieutenant Cera Morgan == 
 
If a kiss was her repayment for coffee and a ration bar, there was a very real chance that Cera needed to consider expanding her current coffee storage area but that was something for Cera to consider later, after she had finished her tasks in the shuttle bay. For now, her lips were curved in a gentle smile while her dark eyes held an obvious question as Ben pulled back just as quickly as he leaned in. It wasn't that she was looking a gift horse in the month but Ben, despite having a sweetness that she found alluring, wasn't one for overt displays of affection, much less public ones.  In fact, him dancing around wanting a date outside of the transporter room was about as public as anything was, anything else that may or may not exist between them tucked away into private moments. Whether that was out of consideration for her or his own commitment problems, Cera was never totally certain.
 
“Captain’s orders.”
 
Cera's eyebrow arched in a trait she had clearly inherited from years of working for Crawford, her mouth opening as if it ask for some sort of clarification before slowly closing again. The question was replaced with a hum of doubt that he'd know from when she was faced with a story that she just didn't seem to buy. "If that's the story you want to go with, I've heard worse excuses..."
 
Bless the socially unobservant scientist that wandered in with no clue of what he was walking into. It gave Cera a moment to wipe the small smile off her lips and settle back into her work as if the faint flush in her cheeks was just from the warmth of the shuttle bay and her own exertions at getting things packed up. She had returned back to her work when more of the team began showing up. 
 
“Cera, good to see you! Making sure the Chief gets his midnight lunch?” she heard Nathan ask and she turned to look at him with a smile.
 
"Well, you know what he's like when he doesn't eat...." she teased back with a grin.
 
“I don’t know if Whitby caught up with you from yesterday," Nathan said and if it weren't for the fact that he was looking right at her, Cera would have assumed he was directing the comment to Ben. After all, Whitby was an engineer and a good one at that; it would make far more sense for her to be looking for Ben than her with one notable exception.
 
“Apparently, there is some super-secret important information that she wanted to give to you directly. Surprisingly, even I wasn’t allowed to know what it was about. Which did make me suspicious, but extracting info from Kate requires… bartering." There was no missing the little blush that colored Nathan's cheeks and Cera couldn't help but pounce on it. 
 
"Oh... so now you're too shy to... barter? Is that the verb you really want to use?" She made that humming noise again before shrugging slightly. "Yes, I suppose you are too reformed for that now. I guess I'll have to get my information directly from Kate herself... it's a shame. I pay well for the right information," she added with a teasing grin. 

  • 0

#13 Lt Damian Coleman

Lt Damian Coleman

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.18 @ 02:40 (02:40 AM)

== Petty Officer 3rd Class Ashley De Fonto, Security ==

 

Ashley returned the friendly grin to the nurse after the admission of this being her second time out on mission.

 

A grizzled veteran; though getting the first one out of the way does make the rest easier, she thought as she shuffled a bit in place.

 

“Ashley De Fonto, nice to meet you too,” she met eyes with Robin, and Ash's grin widened.

 

Finding a solid wall or bulkhead, Ashley reinforced her casualness by leaning, letting her shoulder take her weight. There was noise and movement from outside the Orion that took De Fonto’s interest for a moment. It was starting to sound like more people were arriving. However, her eyes did spy an older officer in science blues skulking about, who eventually moved past them without so much as an ‘excuse me’.

 

That's the one we'll have to keep an eye on probably.

 

“Well, they say the second time out is easier than the first. Either way, you’ll have one of us with you, so hopefully you won’t have to use that at all,” De Fonto pointed with her nose to the phaser pistol that Robin had just recently tucked away.

 

“Lieutenant McKenna has been on more than a few away missions. Same with Ramius too. And if it’s me you are stuck with, then you drew the unlucky straw because I’m on booby trap duty.”

 

Ash let a chuckle punctuate her statement, before straightening up after hearing more commotion outside the Orion. She couldn’t help but take a look to see what was going on. After her curiosity subsided, and saw the recently mentioned Eliana McKenna with the science officer, De Fonto let out a slight sigh. Then she returned to a comfortable position to speak to Robin in.

 

“This is my first mission with the Skipper coming along though,” Ashley admitted to Robin, “so the anxiety level is elevated a bit. Not because the cee-ohh scares me or anything. She’s been kind to me every time I’ve met her…”

 

The once, in passing.

 

“Probably because I know how to do my job. But having her along, just feels like a heavier weight of responsibility, especially being Security and all.”

 

De Fonto made a motion with her head, as though she were asking Mayfair if the woman wanted to join the larger group outside the runabout.

 

== tag Mayfair ==


  • 0

#14 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 658 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.18 @ 03:44 (03:44 AM)

"Oh... so now you're too shy to... barter? Is that the verb you really want to use?"

 

Nathan was about to make a retort, but the words caught in his throat as the blush on his face deepened. He stifled a cough, and his eyes found his feet right until Cera started making a humming sound. Again, he was about to deliver a riposte, but it almost seemed like the Quartermaster knew he was readied, and she spoke again.

 

"Yes, I suppose you are too reformed for that now…”

 

Oh yes, devoutedly reformed.

 

“…I guess I'll have to get my information directly from Kate herself... it's a shame. I pay well for the right information.”

 

Trying to regain some semblance of his pride, Nathan straightened up and quietly cleared his throat. Cera knew exactly where to find weak points in armor. More than once he found himself surprised that she wasn’t a Security officer in her own right. Though her weapons weren’t phasers or photon grenades, which Nathan was carrying. No, Miss Morgan’s focus was wielding words with surgeon-like precision.

 

“Yes, well,” Nathan finally stuttered, having lost his previous train of thought, “I can’t be blamed for being a little apprehensive, can I?”

 

There was a little smirk from Ramius, who was trying to stay atop of being angsty about the past.

 

“Plus, Whitby would probably change me out as fast as her next hair color once she realized I’m not really that great of a catch,” the smirk stayed on his face, left there purposefully so that those gathered would know the self-deprecation was still light hearted.

 

“Anyway, you can save your favors for the Chief. Ben’s the one that needs them more with the number of hours he has been pulling lately. Though, there was something I heard recently. What was it?”

 

He paused, bringing his hand up to his chin and gave a thoughtful look.

 

“I don’t remember who off the top of my head, but I heard that you two have moved your rendezvous location from the Flight Deck, to Torpedo Storage on Deck Fifteen? Don’t suppose there is any truth to that is there?”

 

A raised brow matched the same corner of his right lips,

 

“I could do some counter-rumor work if you like, as it doesn’t sound like a rumor that you’d,” he looked to Ben, then back to Cera, “or you would start. My counter-intelligence and investigative services don’t come cheap though.”

 

 

== tag Cera/Ben, gathered peeps ==


Edited by Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius, Star Date 22105.18 @ 03:45 (03:45 AM).

  • 0

#15 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.18 @ 07:07 (07:07 AM)

Of course Eliana would of loved to hang around the others for a few more minutes, especially since it had been a couple of days since she had last seen Ben. As for Cera, it had been even longer, not that she really knew the Quartermaster in the same way as her other friends. At the same time, getting her gear stored away now as opposed to when the Captain arrived, meant that she could go back out if there was the opportunity and with that in mind, focused on what she had to do.

That's until she collided with someone albeit gently and quickly looked to see who it was. Recognising Mid Alken, Eli was just as quick to reassure the older scientist as he turned a nice shade of red and began to apologise. " It's okay Mid Alken, these things happen and there was no harm done".

Her tone was friendly and sincere as she spoke and was also able to deduce that this was likely his first away mission. Remembering Coleman's orders and being someone who was hopefully easy to talk to. Eli decided to strike up a conversation and hopefully put him more at ease.

" I take it that this is your first away mission?" she asked out of genuine interest as she gestured for him to follow her inside.

== Tag Alken, loved it :-) ==
  • 0

#16 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.18 @ 22:19 (10:19 PM)

Robin found that she liked Ashley. She had a no-nonsense air of competence, but was friendlier than some Security she'd met. And the mention of Eli going along brightened the purple-haired nurse's day. She hadn't seen her friend in a while, and not since the new job and promotion. 
 
“This is my first mission with the Skipper coming along though,” Ashley admitted to Robin, “so the anxiety level is elevated a bit. Not because the cee-ohh scares me or anything. She’s been kind to me every time I’ve met her. Probably because I know how to do my job. But having her along, just feels like a heavier weight of responsibility, especially being Security and all.”
 
Robin nodded. "She's been very nice to me when we've met. I went on my first mission on the Talaxian Colony with her, though she sent the medical staff off to help out as soon as she realized just how bad things were. But, yeah, I can imagine how having the Captain along doesn't make your job easier." She chuckled lightly. "I'll try not to be the 'damsel in distress' is something goes wrong. I remember my training." She cleared her throat. "First thing they taught me in Academy combat training: 'Are you in cover yet?' If the answer is no, then the second question is 'WHY aren't you in cover yet?'" The young nurse smiled. "I'll keep my head down and let Security handle it."  
 
De Fonto made a motion with her head, as though she were asking Mayfair if the woman wanted to join the larger group outside the runabout. Robin nodded again. "Yeah, let's head back out." She put her medical bag on an empty seat and went outside, wanting to see who else had shown up. 
 
== Tag De Fonto ==

  • 0

#17 Capt Tyra Crawford

Capt Tyra Crawford

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 2510 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.18 @ 23:51 (11:51 PM)

>> Bridge >>
 
Despite being the captain and knowing that realistically everyone was running on her timeline, Tyra hadn't wasted much time in setting things in motion.
 
She'd quickly dropped by her quarters, surprised to see the light from the office still glowing dimly. She'd stepped inside to find her husband asleep on the couch, a book folded over a leg and the cutest little redhead dropped across his chest. She'd pulled the blanket off the back the couch and had covered the pair, pressing the lightest of kisses to both of their heads before slipping quietly out of the room.
 
She had pulled a case out of her closet, opening it quickly to confirm its contents before snapping it back closed. She slowly walked back to the closet and stood in the doorway, surveying the contents. Every fiber of her being wanted her to grab the duffel bag in the corner that contained her tactical gear but she forcefully reminded herself that she was not a security officer anymore. She could explain stowing her rifle as an over-precaution based on the Hellish nightmare that had been the Rogue Planet but there came a time where she had to actually allow her security officers to do their damn job without her trying to jump the gun. As it stood, she was more than well armed with a boot knife, a concealed mini and her prized pistol from Jenny strapped in a holster at her hip along with two magazines. It was enough to get herself out of a tight spot but not enough to wage a war of any kind.  As she'd truthfully told Jenny, she wasn't embarking on this in search for adventure or thrill. She just truly wanted to make sure that this station had what they needed before they wasted time on it.
 
It had taken a feat of self-control to walk out of her quarters with only the long case in tow but she had managed it somehow as the case was the only thing slung over her shoulder upon her arrival at the shuttle bay. The door yawned open to reveal a fairly busy room with a small group gathering near the Orion. There was Cera with two of her worker bees, along with Elias and Ramius off to the side of the Orion There was McKenna speaking to Alken at the base of the ramp. There also seemed to be movement inside of the Orion so she could only assume practically everyone was present.
 
As much as Tyra would have loved to have joined in on the **** talking campaign that was clearly occurring among the larger group, Tyra knew where her place in the social order was. Despite knowing her officers well, most on a first name basis, and working hard to have remained approachable as she climbed the ladder, she knew more often than not she was "Mom" to this crew. Whether that was the patient mother that asked why something was done the way it was before deciding to ground someone for life or the comforting mother that tried to provide some sort of path for yet another lost soul -- one in particular lately -- or the exasperated mother that was truly tired of the **** storm her children kept creating in endless amounts, that role didn't allow for her to relate to them the way they related to each other. Regardless of how much she disliked it, there was a barrier that very rarely was broken through. That barrier had been around since she stepped into the role of FO and it just seemed to get thicker with each passing year.
 
As such, Tyra merely nodded in greeting to each of the individuals she passed as she moved towards the Orion and then, up the ramp into the Orion. It was only when she came face to face with De Fonto and Mayfair that she finally said anything and it was nothing more than "Ladies," as she slid past them to stow her rifle bag in one of the compartments, providing Nemesis with a loving pat before closing the compartment's door with a click.
 
With the rifle stowed, she moved back down the ramp, having given everyone a chance to wrap up their conversations before she crashed the party. She made a bee line for what she knew was her coffee and ration bar, sticking the bar into her cargo pocket before picking up the coffee with a small smile. It really was amazing how well Cera knew what she needed before she needed it.
 
After a sip of coffee that allowed her to survey the group, she set down the coffee on the nearby crate. Having noticed that Briggs had joined the group, which should have accounted for everyone, Tyra brought her fingers up to her lips and let out a sharp whistle that likely reminded at least the security officers of their basic training in the Academy.
 
"Alright, everyone, it's time to get this show on the road. Briefly for those not in the know, we are going over to a repair station that appears to have been recently abandoned. Our goal is to determine if they have the materials and equipment that we need to repair the damage from our recent encounter with the mine. I have one request and one request only... should anything go awry, please, for the love of God, don't do any stupid ****," her blue eyes moved around the group, though it didn't stop on anyone in particular.
 
"Keep your heads on straight and be smart. We want to get on and off that base as quickly as we can during the initial survey, in case the owners come back. Now any questions?"
 
== Tag everyone! ==

  • 1

#18 Lt Benjamin Elias

Lt Benjamin Elias

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.19 @ 02:59 (02:59 AM)

It seemed that the rest of the away team was arriving quickly, as the Orion soon became swarmed with more and more faces, both familiar and un-. First, the head nurse walked up and asked about acquiring a phaser. Before he could reply, a petty officer from security reported in and escorted her further into the runabout to get her one. Which was just as well, since Benjamin wouldn’t have been able to help her anyway.

 

Alken appeared to take his suggestion to grab some grub to heart, and went on into the Orion after the pair, leaving him alone with Cera once again. He was about to turn and reply to her confusion over the kiss when he spotted Nathan and Eli coming in. She went on into the runabout while he made his way over to where he and the Quartermaster were. “Cera, good to see you!” Nathan said, a giant grin on his face. “Making sure the Chief gets his midnight lunch?”

 

Benjamin chuckled at that. "Well, you know what he's like when he doesn't eat,” Cera teased back playfully. Which, to be fair, neither of them were incorrect. For someone who forgets to eat more often than is strictly healthy, he thought, I do tend to get rather angry when I don’t eat.

 

He listened as Nathan tried to hint at some big gossip that Cera was missing - evidently from Kate Whitby. “Surprisingly,” Nathan said, even I wasn’t allowed to know what it was about. Which did make me suspicious, but extracting info from Kate requires… bartering.” Which was the understatement of the century; she’d been trying to get a date with Nathan ever since they first met. If she’d done anything other than hold it over his head until he agreed, he’d have been shocked.

 

“Oh,” Cera chimed in with zero hesitation, “so now you’re too shy to… barter? Is that the verb you really want to use?” He couldn’t help but notice how red Nathan was turning, and was glad when she added that he was reformed now.

 

For a moment, Nathan got introspective, and Benjamin was about to say something when his friend smiled and added, “Plus, Whitby would probably change me out as fast as her next hair color once she realized I’m not really that great of a catch.”

 

Benjamin couldn’t help but think he was wrong about that, but couldn’t really find a way to say it. Whitby may be flighty at times and in ways, but she was also one of the most fiercely loyal people he’d ever met. If they actually did get together, he knew it wouldn’t end on a whim. He wouldn’t guarantee it would work - he didn’t exactly have a good track record for relationships himself - but he’d give it better than even odds.

 

Before he could say it, though, Nathan had evidently decided that the best way to cover his discomfort was to make someone else uncomfortable. “I heard that you two,” he was saying, “have moved your rendevous location from the Flight Deck to Torpedo Storage on Deck Fifteeen? Don’t suppose there is any truth to that is there?”

 

Benjamin felt his ears start to flush, but Nathan continued, “I could do some counter-rumor work if you like, as it doesn’t sound like a rumor that you or you” - he looked distinctly at each of them in turn - “would start. My counter-intelligence and investigative services don’t come cheap though.”

 

Fortunately, spending time around Cera had helped him learn to fight fire with fire. “Well,” Benjamin said, “first off: why would we want to, ahem, rendevous in places that uncomfortable when there are much better locations?” He smiled back at him before adding, “Second off: I’d recommend remembering the name of whoever started that rumor, because I won’t be able to protect you from her if you don’t.”

 

He cut himself off at the appearance of the captain nearby, grabbing her coffee and ration bar from where Cera had left it. “Well,” he said, “looks like you’re safe for now.” He squeezed Cera’s arm and gave her a smile before he picked up his equipment, patted himself down to make sure he hadn’t forgotten anything, and took his coffee back over towards the ramp in time for Tyra to let out a world-shattering whistle. Ow.

 

Once she had everyone’s attention, she laid out the mission brief, as it were, to find out if there was anything here that could help them. “I have one request and one request only,” she added. “Should anything go awry, please, for the love of God, don't do any stupid ****." Her eyes went over the entire group, but he couldn’t help but feel a quick flush of shame, remembering the last time he had been going into the unknown with the Captain.

 

]At least this time, there aren’t likely to be undead Borg drones, he briefly considered, but refrained from saying so out loud. He wasn’t going to be the one to invoke Murphy with that particular curse. But he was thankful for having a little more experience under his belt, a few more close calls with death and destruction. He knew he would never be as fearless, as ready for things like that as Tyra and Jenny were, but he felt at least like he could follow orders and stand his ground this time.

 

"Keep your heads on straight and be smart,” she had continued while he remembered. “We want to get on and off that base as quickly as we can during the initial survey, in case the owners come back. Now any questions?"

 

Benjamin shook his head. He knew the tactical needs would’ve already been decided, and he wouldn’t have much to add to those anyway. The only real questions he had were about the layout of the facility and other things of that nature, which they wouldn’t really know until they got there. Better to get this over with quickly, then, and get to it.

 

==Let’s get this show on the road!==


  • 1

#19 Mid Edward Alken

Mid Edward Alken

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.19 @ 09:30 (09:30 AM)

Ed’s cheeks were returning to their standard shade, put at ease by McKenna’s acceptance of his apology. He hadn’t known what to expect of a security officer, they might have been taught hostage negotiation skills but he knew many had a reputation for being phaser first and forgive later. Thankfully for Alken he had found the exception to the rule. 
 
Even the thought of those unhinged security officers had him peering for a moment back inside at the bomber jacketed security officer who looked exactly like someone the botanist was grateful not to have just assaulted. Ed was sure that her appearance betrayed a textbook example of the kind of security officer to avoid.
 
It was the sound once again of Eliana’s voice that drew him back from his thoughts.
 
“You’ve caught me. Guilty as charged.” 
 
Ed put his hands up in a motion of surrender, a playful response to her line of questioning. 
 
“An old man like me? I should be well seasoned at this sort of thing… but yes, we’ve all gotta start somewhere.”
 
His gaze now moved beyond her towards the main group that had assembled just outside the Orion. The gathering had grown considerably, but most notable was the closing proximity of Crawford herself, who greeted them as she ascended into the runabout, and had no sooner found herself back on the shuttlebays deck addressing those present. 
 
Her brief contained nothing new to the botanists understanding of the situation, except for a lingering reminder that it was possible to do something stupid, and such temptation should be avoided at all cost. 
 
Survey the station… check. 
 
Find what we need… check. 
 
Don’t do anything stupid… check. 
 
Silence fell across the hanger as the Captain presented an opportunity for questions. 
 
Just stay quiet, old man. Just stay quiet. 
 
== Full speed ahead! == 

  • 0

#20 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.19 @ 10:54 (10:54 AM)

It was definitely good to see Alken start to get some of his normal colour back as he processed her response, before he finally found his voice again. Grinning at the playfulness behind his words and the way he mock surrendered before confirming the answer to her question about this being his first away mission. Not that Eli thought he was old, but certainly understood that everyone had to start somewhere. " We do indeed and I'm glad that you're getting to experience that" Eli replied sincerely, knowing that she could draw on her own experiences should Alken have any more questions.

However that would have to wait as the Captain arrived along with Briggs. Acknowledging Tyra as she passed them and went inside. When she then emerged a few minutes later and got their attention with the kind of whistle that she'd heard multiple times. Eli focused on what was said as Tyra gave a brief run through about the mission, their objective as well as the usual warning and what she wanted them to achieve. It all sounded pretty straightforward and hoped it would stay that way. Although wasn't going to take any chances as Tyra then asked if there was any questions.

Eli couldn't think of any as it had all been covered until they got over there and assessed it properly. So for now shook her head and waited for the order to get aboard.

== Tags ==
  • 0

#21 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.19 @ 11:21 (11:21 AM)

The moment the Captain showed up things went to being all-business quickly. Tyra had stowed a rifle bag, and Robin couldn't help but notice the gentle pat she gave the weapon as she closed the compartment. From what the nurse understood, Crawford had been Security before she'd ended up in the big chair, and a lot of them had a personal weapon. 

 

I'll bet it has a name. 

 

She shrugged at Ashley as the Captain began her brief briefing. "Keep your heads on straight and be smart. We want to get on and off that base as quickly as we can during the initial survey, in case the owners come back. Now any questions?"

 

The purple-haired Augment almost raised her hand like she was still in school, but stopped herself. "Just one, Captain," she said. "Is there any interference preventing us from beaming over or back?"

 

She was a bit surprised at herself. The hesitation and diffidence she ordinarily felt around superior officers wasn't showing (or, more accurately, wasn't as strong), and her voice was clearer and more business-like than it had been in the past. She wasn't sure if it was because she'd been in a position of authority for the last few weeks, but she felt reasonably confident in asking without fear that the Captain was going to bite her head off. Some officers in Star Fleet seemed to feel that "any questions?" meant "shut up and let's go," but Tyra didn't seem to be that sort. When she asked for questions, it was because she wanted questions. 

 

== Tags ==


  • 0

#22 Lt Damian Coleman

Lt Damian Coleman

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.20 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM)

== NRC - Petty Officer 3rd Class Ashley De Fonto, Security ==

 

Nodding as Robin spoke about the Captain, Ashley found herself relaxing a little more as she and Mayfair conversed. It was obvious that the nurse had a good head on her shoulders. Plus, the recounting of Robin’s Academy training made De Fonto laugh, nod, and for a slight while after continue to quietly chuckle. There would be no heroics on the part of Mayfair to worry about, at least of the combat kind. Medically though, Ashley did hope the woman had the same cool disposition as she seemed to have in casual conversation. Something that De Fonto appreciated even more, considering that Robin was a commissioned officer.

 

Someone that doesn’t hold the rank above the person. I like that.

 

When Ash had offered to join the others, Mayfair had answered back in the affirmative. They both headed out to find the Captain herself appear. While Robin shrugged at Ashley after taking a look at Crawford’s bag, De Fonto only nodded sagely in reply; the Skipper had brought along her own BFG. Though, that did slightly surprise the Petty Officer. From everything she had heard, it was just supposed to be a reconnoitre.

 

Always pays to be prepared for bigger trouble than you expect though, Ash considered, but tried to turn her attention back to the briefing.

 

“…I have one request and one request only... should anything go awry, please, for the love of God, don't do any stupid ****…”

 

It took every ounce of willpower, every fiber of her being, even her muscles stopped her lungs from being able to release the chuckle that wanted to escape. It wasn’t a request that Ashely needed to hear. De Fonto’s MO was to move smart, think smart, and be smart about everything she did. When it came to handling ordnance, there was no other option. Plus everything else like demolitions, and a variety of other combat engineering duties, required a steady hand and mind.

 

Poor Tegg, the thought was unbidden, probably from the consideration of being steady of mind, though Ash wiped it immediately from her consciousness.

 

After that, Crawford reiterated that it was supposed to be a quick sweep and survey before returning to the ship, reinforcing the notion of a reccy.

 

Robin spoke up, catching Ash’s attention in the process. De Fonto didn’t have any questions of her own, but Mayfair’s made sense to ask for a purely ‘whole picture’ overview of the situation. Though, if there was interference, it could affect the petty officer’s ability to discover any traps that they might encounter.

 

It’s a good question, she nodded respectfully and awaited the answer; as she had no questions herself. 


Edited by Lt Damian Coleman {Ramius}, Star Date 22105.20 @ 23:32 (11:32 PM).

  • 0

#23 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 658 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.20 @ 23:56 (11:56 PM)

“…why would we want to, ahem, rendevous in places that uncomfortable when there are much better locations?”

 

Snorting in response, but only just barely as Ben continued, Nathan still couldn’t wipe the smile from his face despite the following warning. Nathan waited for Cera’s retort though, wondering just how much trouble he’d dug for himself with his comments. Ben was getting better at the repartee, especially when it came to his relationship with Cera. Previously, the young man might not have joked like he just had. However, things between the engineer and quartermaster – Benera in some circles –  seemed to solidify during their journey to, and in, the Delta Quadrant. It lightened Nathan’s mood more as he considered it a bit further.

 

Once Ben mentioned him being ‘safe’ for the moment, Ramius straightened up knowing what was meant by the comment; though Nathan still gave the pair a final smirk before returning to a serious face. The seriousness was suddenly reinforced by the tremendous whistle that Tyra sounded, suddenly sending Nathan back to PT.

 

He listened carefully as Crawford gave them their short briefing on the flight deck. It wasn’t surprising to him that there wasn’t much information to give, as otherwise, their trip over wouldn't really be needed. However, it was Tyra’s commentary that got Nathan flushed again. Even though her eyes hadn’t stopped and landed on himself or Ben, Ramius couldn’t help but feel like the comments were directed toward them. Reflexively, he nodded in affirmation. Then swallowed the lump in his throat that he hoped no one else could see.

 

"Keep your heads on straight and be smart. We want to get on and off that base as quickly as we can during the initial survey, in case the owners come back. Now any questions?"

 

Nathan shifted in his spot, as a thousand questions loomed largely in his brain. He managed to stop himself, as if shocked into obedience, and held his tongue. However, a look of genuine surprise crossed his face when Mayfair spoke up.

 

It was a reasonable question, and an even more reasonable assumption. If there was interference, it might explain why the Bridge couldn’t simply map the station with sensors. However, even sensors weren’t perfect, and with their experience with the mine recently, it might pay to send a team over to check things out before letting Elias’ Engineering Corps go nuts.

 

Ramius waited patiently for Crawford’s answer, and stuffed his own questions away. With every mission he’d been on so far, none of the briefings had really helped; the Rogue Planet a perfect example.

 

No plan survives contact with the enemy, and the longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.

 

 

== no questions here, ready to roll! ==


  • 0

#24 Capt Tyra Crawford

Capt Tyra Crawford

    Member

  • Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 2510 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.23 @ 18:11 (06:11 PM)

Surprisingly, there was only one question, which, also surprisingly, came from the usually quiet Nurse Mayfair. However, it was an entirely valid and purposeful question, which was likely to be important to be both medical and security.
 
"Just one, Captain," Mayfair said. "Is there any interference preventing us from beaming over or back?"
 
"No, there is no interference that we've detected. I believe security has brought enhancers for if that changes. The reason we are not beaming over in the first place is entirely a tactical decision and not one of forced necessity. Should the owners of this station return and not be happy about our presence, I do not want the Artemis to be a position where they feel they need to put themselves in an indefensible position in order to retrieve us. The Orion gives us enough short-term sustainability that we can, at least, evac and get the Hell out of Dodge. Let's just hope we don't have to find out how quick Mister Briggs' reaction times are," she added the last with a wry grin.
 
"Alright, if there are no other questions, let's get this show on the road," she said, motioning grandly towards the ramp of the Orion.
 
As everyone began to break up, Tyra hesitated, her blue eyes looking for the shuttle bay's queen, Eli McKenzie. It didn't take long for her to stop the ultra mix breed leaning against one of the crates on the other side of the room, arms crossed and eyes watching the away team. There was no doubt that the woman would far prefer to do the driving on this one but her years as the lead shuttle pilot were mostly behind with a few war time exceptions.
 
"Eli! Is the Orion fully prepped? Pre-flight and all?" she called out, more of a yell truly with how to echoed around the cavernous space.
 
"It's warmed up and ready to go. All it needs is Briggs *** in the seat!" the silver eyed pilot yelled back, the curve of her lips suggesting she'd held back further commentary on Briggs' *** for the sake over everyone standing between the two women.
 
With a thumbs-up held high in acknowledgement, Tyra grabbed her coffee off the crate and began to follow her crew into the Orion. She was the last aboard, which was purposeful, almost like a rear guard but instead of ensuring the fighting force stayed together, she was corralling a crew of baby ducks. Hopefully, they were easier to herd than cats but given her last foray with parts of this group, she wasn't sure she could say that with confidence.
 
Her normal seat, the jump seat near the pilot, had been left open so she managed to maneuver around people throwing gear into lockers and just generally taking their time board to reach the seat. Before sitting down, she placed a hand on Briggs' shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Mac says the ship is hot and ready to go so let's get out of here ASAP."
 
With that, she settled into her seat, taking the time to strap in before she took to sipping her coffee. Her expression was calm, almost serene, as if this was just another day, just another outing for the redhead.
 
== GM! We are now at the mercy of your generous and benevolent nature! To the station! ==

  • 0

#25 LCdr Mathew Briggs

LCdr Mathew Briggs

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 654 posts
  • Discord:9772
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.23 @ 18:50 (06:50 PM)

Mathew arrived to a busy shuttle bay.  He checked in with Eli, getting any updates on the ship.  He learned the captain was already down and most likely getting situated.  As he headed towards the shuttle, he thought he'd heard Eli whisper, "Nice *** Briggs."  He turned to look back and Eli, "What?" he questioned.   Eli just nodded with a smile. 

 

Well ****.  Guess I shouldn't have ran by quarters. 

 

Admittedly, Mathew was surprised the captain was going over on this trip, but when she told him to fly them over, he was surprised even more.  Not that he didn't want to go, it was a good enough reason to get off the bridge.  Things were fine there under the reigns of their first officer as well as their newest tactical officer seemed bright.  He was interested in the exploration of the vacant station, knowing it was lucky to have even have a possible place to make repairs.  

 

He jumped on the shuttle, odding to others and giving a quick "Hey" as he made his way to the pilot's seat.  He stowed a small bag next to his seat and his soda he brought as the assigned away team got comfortable.  While Mathew may have questioned a few of the captain's choices, he knew better than to question them.  His trust in Captain Crawford continued to grow and was glad of his reassignment to her ship, even if the circumstances that led there weren't the best.  He found the captain upfront and honest, not to mention could hold her own.  

 

With preflight done, they were ready to go when the captain was.  Mathew twisted to the right and left of his seat, feeling his back relax by popping each twist. Ah.  He turned his head, popping his neck as everyone got comfortable.  He worked on the navigation plan to their location while listening to the officers behind him.  It didn't take long for him to get word they were ready, with a squeeze on his shoulder from the captain as she settled in next to him.  

 

"Just finished our navigation Captain," Mathew said and then with a slight grin looked behind him.  "You kids ready?" 

 

He took a sip of his soda and then turned his attention to the job of getting the away team safely to the station.   

 

== As the captain said, we're at your mercy GM.  Onward...  == 

 


  • 0

#26 Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

Lt (JG) Robin Mayfair

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.23 @ 19:46 (07:46 PM)

Robin thanked the Captain for her answer and headed aboard with the rest of the Away Team. She stowed her medical bag under the seat, ready to be grabbed in case of an emergency. It was one of the lessons she'd been taught at the Academy... "Always make sure your bag is where you can reach it when you're on a mission." With it she had access to the miracles of modern medicine. Without it she'd be reduced to tying tourniquets with pieces of cloth and diagnosing by eye. Thankfully that was part of her training, but she preferred to not have to do it. (And of course the Orion had spare medkits, if there was a problem with hers.) 

 

While the Captain took her seat and prepped for flight the young nurse wondered if she should get another cup of coffee. She decided against it, partly because she didn't really feel like she needed it right now, and partly so she didn't end up needing to go to the bathroom during the mission. Robin settled back in her seat, a bit nervous but ready to go. 

 

== Here we go! ==


  • 0

#27 Lt Benjamin Elias

Lt Benjamin Elias

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 579 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.24 @ 00:29 (12:29 AM)

Benjamin was a little surprised that Mayfair was the only one with a question today. Either questions only come from midshipmen, he thought, or Nathan has just wizened up enough to not do what he did before that rogue planet debacle. Fortunately it was a good one, and the captain had a good answer, as well, and he'd become well acquainted with the utility of having a shuttlecraft or runabout on hand when in a strange situation like this one was.

 

"Alright," Tyra concluded, "if there are no other questions, let's get this show on the road." She emphasized her statement with a grand gesture towards the Orion, clearly asking everyone to board. He saw her turn and head towards the shuttlebay's commandant, and wasn't particularly surprised at that.

 

For a moment, he thought about heading back towards Cera for a moment, but saw she was already heading off. He watched after her for a moment, but turned to head to his seat fairly quickly, coffee still in hand. He stowed his engineering kit under one and sat down, getting another drink from the thermos before sealing it before they took off. Maybe I'll just close my eyes for a minute, he thought, and figure out exactly what we need. He'd already been over the list a dozen times, and had it nearly memorized. But better to review it, right?

 

>>Heading wherever the GM takes us?>>


  • 0

#28 Lt Damian Coleman

Lt Damian Coleman

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted Star Date 22105.24 @ 04:02 (04:02 AM)

== NRC - Petty Officer 3rd Class Ashley De Fonto, Security ==

 

With everything settled, Ashely just nodded before filing back into the runabout with everyone else. There wasn’t much else to do but wait to get over to the repair station, and there was no use worrying about what they might encounter. Every concern was just wasted energy, and De Fonto had done enough missions to know to reserve as much of that commodity as possible. Even on the trips that seemed they might be the easiest, those were the ones that ended up being worse.

 

Before getting into her seat, Ashley passed by Mayfair, giving the nurse a quick smile. She couldn’t tell if Robin was nervous or not, though De Fonto approached her regardless and reached into one of the many hidden pockets of her bomber jacket. She withdrew a pack of ‘the longest lasting’ cinnamon bubblegum that she could find before they had left for the DQ. It was damn good stuff, and whatever they used to keep the flavor fresh, it was well worth the price.

 

“Gum?” Ashley offered a stick to Robin, “Just don’t let the Skipper catch you chewing it.”

 

Ash waited a moment for Robin to take or decline the offer, gave a nod, and the then took one for herself. Quickly, De Fonto found her seat as the first bursts of cinnamon hit her tongue. Stowing her pack where it was easily accessible, she then strapped in, tilted her head back, and pulled her baseball cap further down her forehead until the visor all but covered Ash’s eyes. Quietly, to herself, she hummed a nameless tune and tried to think of being anywhere else but stuck inside a tin-can of a boat; the gum was going to get a workout until they reached the station and firmer ground.

 

>> Onwards! >>


  • 0

#29 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius {Coleman}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 658 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.24 @ 04:18 (04:18 AM)

Tyra’s explanation made sense, though it did worry Nathan that their main escape plan was using a runabout. The Captain was the most important officer on the Pathfinder Expedition. If there were any problems, they’d need a quick, reliable, and strong exit for Crawford. Not that he didn’t trust whoever it was that would be ferrying them over to the station, but the Archangel Class Runabout wasn’t as good as having the Artemis herself fly in to save the day. With a max speed of warp seven, there was the chance that enemy ships could overtake the Orion.

 

Nathan bit his tongue slightly, and hid the apprehension from his face. Had it been Braggins going, he wouldn’t have been nearly as worried. Not that he didn’t care for her; he did, just like everyone else on the crew, but she wasn’t the commander of a taskforce.

 

Doesn’t matter. We have the pattern enhancers. As long as the Artemis is at least nearby, we can at least get Crawford out with an emergency beam out.

 

Following everyone else, he found his seat and looked over to his friend Ben as the man took a sip from his thermos. A little bit of envy crossed through Nathan’s neurons, but he smiled and shook his head. Cera was good for Elias, and the engineer deserved happiness after all he’d been through. With the little bit of time that they had, he checked his gear quickly, making sure that the gun, spare mags, flashbangs, and a couple of proton grenades, were all still where he had them in the armament case.

 

"You kids ready?" 

 

The voice was familiar and it caused Nathan’s eyes to flutter up to see Briggs at the helm, sipping soda. Seeing the Lieutenant Commander made Ramius feel slightly better of the circumstances, as he was a talented pilot, and trusted by both Crawford and Braggins to fly their baby.

 

Let that settle your mind, and focus up Nathan.

 

Taking in a deep breath, he made sure his straps were tight, and settled in for the ride.

 

>> Next stop :) >>


  • 0

#30 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.24 @ 09:01 (09:01 AM)

With Robin being the only one to ask the Captain a question, Eli knew that Alken was likely nervous about his first foray into the unknown, whilst the rest of them were experts by now. That's what she was sticking with, considering how many times, they had left the ship and also the experience that came with it. Not to mention that lessons had also been learned and as Tyra answered the nurse's question. Eli listened understanding the reasoning and why this decision had been made.

Utilising the Orion, especially when the Artemis was still vulnerable following the encounter with the mine, made a lot of sense. Besides it gave them more of fighting chance if they did come up against anything unpleasant until they could get back to the mother ship. It was pointless thinking of other worst case scenarios at least for the moment. No it was better to focus on the here and now as the order was given to get aboard.

There was no hesitation as Eli made her way inside, stowing away her kit as well as finding a secure spot for the pattern enhancer that she had brought with her. Knowing it had been an extremely good call to have those as a back up. Then she found a seat as the others got situated, before the Captain made her way to a seat near Briggs.

Grinning despite the slight uncertainty that came with an away mission as Briggs referred to them as kids.

"Always" she quipped, then settled down, getting herself psyched for departure, part of a ritual that had developed over time.

>> Let's go >>
  • 0

#31 GM-18

GM-18

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1292 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22105.24 @ 12:21 (12:21 PM)

==Just waiting on either the CD or CO to create the thread, and we'll be off!==


  • 0