#1 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:41 (06:41 PM)

About 17 maybe 18 years ago, I wrote a short story. It's pretty bad, but the idea wasn't the story, it was the format. It was supposed to be read like one of the Fighting Fantasy books where you start on page 1 and then when you have to make a decision, you turn to page 18 or 238 to continue the plot.

I found it the other day, and I thought I'd try to post it on here, but I only have a very limited time to get it all up in individual posts, and then edit the hyperlinks and hope it works.

So starting with the next post down, follow the links and tell me what you think.

Qapla!

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 19:04 (07:04 PM).

#2 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:43 (06:43 PM)

ONE (1)

After many years of peace talks with the Federation, K’mpec the current ruling Emperor had decided to once again hold renewed talks at camp Khitomer.

You are a member of Starfleet Intelligence had just finished talking to your Supervisor via subspace. You have been assigned to the conference as a delegate, but your real mission is to ensure that the talks go well. You head to the bar in the hotel where you were staying. The bar like many on Khitomer was packed and loud. You’re just about to order a Saurian Brandy when you overheard a conversation between a Klingon and an Andorian.

“Are you sure the weapon will be delivered on time?” said the Klingon.

“Of course, are you sure the payment will be delivered on time?” replied the Andorian.

“Do not cross me Andorian or that fool K’mpec will not be the only corpse”.

Both of the men then stood and left the bar. With no hesitation, you decided to follow them. As you approached the door however you see that they had both gone in different directions.

Which one will you follow?

The Klingon? Turn to page SIX (6)

The Andorian? Turn to page THREE (3)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:49 (06:49 PM).

#3 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:43 (06:43 PM)

TWO (2)

Deciding to take the Andorian to the Khitomer authorities for further questioning was the one thing you shouldn’t have done. While interrogating the suspect word reached you that the Chancellor had been assassinated while giving the keynote speech at the talks.

The next posting you get will be somewhere very far away.

TRY AGAIN.

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:58 (06:58 PM).

#4 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:44 (06:44 PM)

THREE (3)

The Andorian turned right and headed down the main street. You follow him. The street was crowded and full of revelers, it reminds you of Mardi-Gras in New Orleans, but then here on Khitomer it was like this every night.

The Andorian must have known he was being followed as suddenly he ducked into a side ally. Slowly you approached and turned into the ally.

It was dark. You start wishing you’d had your wrist lights with you as you move along. The Andorian jumps on you from behind knocking you to the floor and begins to punch you around the head. You retaliated managing to knock back the Andorian long enough the pull out your phaser and stun your assailant.

With the Andorian in a more subdued state you began to question him. “What weapon is being delivered? When’s it going to be used?” you begin.

“They’ll kill me if I tell you” began the Andorian.

“I’ll kill you if you don’t” you reply.

“It’s a non energy weapon, a TR-116”. said the Andorian. “I’ll only tell you when if you let me go”.

What will you do?

Let the Andorian go? Turn to page FIVE (5)

Take the Andorian to the Authorities? Turn to page TWO (2)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:52 (06:52 PM).

#5 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:45 (06:45 PM)

FOUR (4)

You rush as fast as you can to the conference buildings. The great spires of which rose over the first city like a massive cathedral.

Bursting through the main entrance and grabbing the nearest security officer as you go. “There’s an assassin in here” you gasp catching your breath, “Where’s the Chancellor?”

“In the main hall.” replied the stunned guard.

“Alert the rest of security, Now!” you yell as you run toward the main hall.

Entering the main hall at a near run you survey the hall for any sign of the assassin. Then you see him in the first floor gallery.

What will you do?

Rush at the assassin and try to grab him? Turn to page SEVEN (7)

Use your phaser to stun him? Turn to page EIGHT (8)

Throw yourself in front of the Chancellor? Turn to page ELEVEN (11)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:54 (06:54 PM).

#6 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

FIVE (5)

“Fine then.” You remark letting the Andorian go, but still keeping your phaser draw on him. “When’s it going to be used?”

“Tonight.” replied the Andorian. “And if you quick enough human you might even save that fool K’mpec.” He yelled over his shoulder as he ran off down the ally.

Turn to page FOUR (4)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:54 (06:54 PM).

#7 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

SIX (6)

You follow the Klingon along the main street. The Klingon seemed unaware he was being followed as he entered another bar. You enter the bar a few moments later only to wish you hadn’t. The whole bar is full of Klingons. Seconds later, a fight broke out, your Klingon in the middle of it all.

All other aliens, few as there are all ran for the exits screaming “Get out now while you still can”.

Do you join the fight in an attempt to drag the Klingon out of the bar? Turn to page NINE (9)

Do you try to defuse the situation by buying the Klingons a drink? Turn to page TEN (10)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:56 (06:56 PM).

#8 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:46 (06:46 PM)

SEVEN (7)

You burst into the main hall and run straight for the assassin. The assassin spots you too. Quicker than you could react, the assassin turned his weapon toward you.

The last thing you see was the second flash that took the life of the Chancellor.

TRY AGAIN

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:59 (06:59 PM).

#9 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:46 (06:46 PM)

EIGHT (8)

You burst into the main hall and run straight for the assassin pulling out your phaser as you go. However it was not sufficient. The assassin although stunned managed to shoot the Chancellor in the shoulder before he was finally stunned into submission by you and other members of security.

Although the Chancellor had not been killed, the talks will be put back for several weeks. Although you did your best the sector will be in turmoil a lot longer.

TRY AGAIN

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:59 (06:59 PM).

#10 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:47 (06:47 PM)

NINE (9)

You wade into the fight trying to grab the Klingon, but as you approach, another Klingon grabs you and knocks you unconscious before throwing you through a nearby window.

While waiting for medical attention for a broken arm and several cuts, news reaches you that Chancellor K’mpec has been assassinated.

With your mission failed you leave Khitomer for a posting somewhere very remote.

TRY AGAIN

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 19:00 (07:00 PM).

#11 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:47 (06:47 PM)

TEN (10)

“Everyone, the Blood wine is on me!” you call out loudly.

Almost instantly the fight dissolves. Then you work your way round the room talking with various other Klingons in the bar until you can approach the Klingon you are after and keep buying him drinks. The Klingon is eventually so drunk that he tells you not only that the Klingons intend to assassinate the Chancellor tonight at the talks, but also steal his mother’s recipe for blood pie.

With this information you rush to the conference buildings.

Turn to page FOUR (4)

Edited by Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia, Star Date 22101.16 @ 19:10 (07:10 PM).

#12 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 18:48 (06:48 PM)

ELEVEN (11)

Thinking quickly, you throw himself in front of the Chancellor knocking him to the floor but taking the shot for him. The assassin is finally stunned into submission by the Chancellors guards.

With the assassination thwarted, the talks can continue but you have to follow them from your bed in sickbay.

Congratulations. You have succeeded in preventing the assassination of the Chancellor. Next time however, you must remember to tell the Chancellor to send some grapes and not Gagh as a thank you gift.

#13 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 19:03 (07:03 PM)

What do you all think?

Terrible story, and I have too much free time on my hands?

#14 Lt Xenara Xardeen

Lt Xenara Xardeen

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 691 posts
  • Chief Tactical Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 21:51 (09:51 PM)

Interesting concept. I LOVE Fighting Fantasy and Choose your Own Adventure stories. I had one book one time where it was all pictures of the different sections of a dungeon. Can't remember what it was called and can't find it anywhere. I don't think it was Fighting Fantasy...

Anyhoot, A Fedspace Fighting Fantasy story would be a great idea!

If you had the time you could really flesh out a good story. 

check this site out if you haven't already. Might be helpful: http://ffproject.com/

#15 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.16 @ 22:33 (10:33 PM)

It was really just to try out the idea.

The problem is, to flesh it out and make it longer, I'd need unlimited editing time to be able to get all the hyperlinks working as the last 6 digets of each one is unique and sequential, so they couldn't be predicted until posted, and maybe some way to write the thread cloaked only revealing it when it's ready to go to prevent anyone accidently posting in it half way through.

#16 Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Discord:voltaic#4173
  • Acting Chief Science Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22101.17 @ 01:55 (01:55 AM)

That was fun! I loved this type of story when I was a kid. Sometimes I would hold 3-4 pages at a time so that I could go back when I made a mistake.  ;)

#17 Ambassador Krator

Ambassador Krator

• Retired Accounts
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Klingon Ambassador
  • Klingon Consulate, Pioneer Station
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22103.03 @ 19:52 (07:52 PM)

Excellent CYOA story. 

From the Klingon Diplomatic Corps, its nice to see the Federation creating stories that show how strong the results of the Second Khitomer Accords are between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.