#1 Capt Jason Simmons

Capt Jason Simmons

• Commanding Officers
  • Pip
  • 1774 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Nikola Tesla, LE-20004
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22102.18 @ 15:29 (03:29 PM)

==For the Engineering portion of the Away Team==

#2 GM-11

GM-11

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 420 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22102.25 @ 01:49 (01:49 AM)

For the Tesla engineers their first moments after beaming into Main Engineering were nearly their last, as the first sight was a large support crewman frantically rush them, knock them flying as a large part of an upper deck walkway slammed into the spot where they had just beamed in.

On a positive note their perspective of the area from their backside was a puzzling one. Most of what would have been support structure for Main engineering, which was a double deck was missing, and as they stood their next shock was a haphazard tarp on the deck near a wall, which was unusual in itself, but the sight of a bloody yellow sleeve protruding, perfectly portrayed the depth of the crisis here.

As they stood a scarred Engineering Petty Officer approached quickly," Thank you for coming, Drake is my name; I apologize for a lack of formality but I need one of your to take two of those support crew, over to the Main Generator and try to stabilize power output!" 

He then grabbed the arm of the most senior of the Tesla team, a look of real fear in his gaze, "I need help stabilizing the Anti-Matter Containment"

==Welcome, Tags==

#3 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 250 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22102.26 @ 18:47 (06:47 PM)

The transporter room of the Tesla slowly began to morph into the main engineering of the Nightingale. Or at least it should have been the main engineering section if it wasn't a smashed shadow of it.

And then he was on his back underneath a large man in a grubby purple shirt. The wind was certainly knocked out of him other wise he would have given him a piece of his mind, but the crashing sound of the upper catwalk landing heavily on the deck where he'd just arrived drowned out any other noise anyway.

Being dragged to his feet, Asfar had a better chance now to assess the area. Alarms were blaring everywhere. The lighting was flashing, and the smell. Burnt metal. Coolant fluids. And the unmistakeable scent of blood and chard flesh. A scent confirmed by the all too obvious exposed hand which protruded from under the tarp across the room.

“Thank you for coming, Drake is my name; I apologize for a lack of formality” Said a man with the rank of Petty Officer on his collar as he approached.

“Alturkia.” Said Asfar as he looked over his shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd seen the familiar twinkle of another transporter beam coalescing, hopefully bringing Hydish and some of the others from the Tesla.

The man continued; “I need one of you to take two of those support crew, over to the Main Generator and try to stabilize power output!"

Asfar turned to the rest of the Tesla's engineering team. “Go with them. Do what you can.” before he turned back to Drake who had grabbed hold of his arm by now.

"I need help stabilizing the Anti-Matter Containment" Said Drake.

“Show me.” Said Asfar.

== Tag to GM. Show me what's up and what the readings show. Also I'm hoping Hydish arrives and goes with the Support NPC's to look at the generator. ==

#4 Mid Altairi Hydish

Mid Altairi Hydish

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Engineer
  • Star Fleet Academy

Posted Star Date 22102.26 @ 20:56 (08:56 PM)

The midshipman blinked a few times as the world materialized around him.

The air smelt of iron and smoke, nicely decorated with flying sparks. He and the other back-up engineers came into view beside a scarred section of the upper deck. Bodies, some hidden by rubble, were all he could think of. Altairi's heart raced and he stood still for several seconds of shock, before calming his breath and setting his eyes on lieutenant Alturkia and one of the Nightingale's engineers. Still holding the repair kit, he made his way over, closing his eyes was he stepped over a puddle of dirty blood.

“I need one of you to take two of those support crew, over to the Main Generator and try to stabilize power output!" The petty officer shouted.

“Go with them. Do what you can.” Asfar turned to face the new arrivals.

"Aye, sir."

He lifted the case, and by extension, his legs, over a slanted bar of smoke-stained steel. Altairi's left hand twitched, his ears futilely attempting to tune out the agony that filled the room. Breathing once again became harder, with the half-Ktarian feeling that the smoke would be the death of him. This was his first mission. Years of academy time, couldn't prepare him.

The midshipman knelt by the generator unit, opening the repair kit's casing, and drawing his tricorder. He moved the device over the main generator, keeping a safe distance. 

== Tag ==

== GM Input: What's the extent of the damage to the generator, and how difficult will power stabilization be? ==

#5 GM-11

GM-11

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 420 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22103.01 @ 18:07 (06:07 PM)

Alturkia's arrival seemed to calm Drake and he led the Tesla engineer to the access point for the anti-matter containment vessel. "We can't seem to stabilize the power flow. The containment itself isn't damaged, but something internal; perhaps is not allowing the power through reliably.

His tricorder shows a clear but unpredictable fluctuation in the power flow; but a bit more alarming was the 42% field strength of the containment, and it was losing strength at a rate of approximately 1 percent every 10 minutes.

Mid Hydish's job was a bit more straight forward so long as he could locate the replacement part for the generator; once that was accomplished it would take him 15 minutes tops. Those with him were support crew; perhaps they knew?

==Keep it going guys; lots more to fix==

#6 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 250 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22103.01 @ 19:43 (07:43 PM)

The man called Drake lead Asfar toward the access point for the anti-matter containment vessel.

"We can't seem to stabilize the power flow.” He said sounding agitated. “The containment itself isn't damaged, but something internal; perhaps is not allowing the power through reliably.”

He held out a tricorder. The display showed a rapid unstable fluctuation in the flow of the power. Asfar noted the strength of the field containment and its decay rate. If that remained constant they had roughly five hours or just over before the containment failed.

One thing that Asfar knew was it didn't matter what your energy source was, a power supply was centuries old technology that followed simple basic rules regarding how it worked and what it did. Stability was controlled by combined current distribution and magnetic induction. Since Drake had told him it was generating power, it had to be part of the secondary control sub-circuit.

“Run a diagnostic of the flyback coils.” He said to Drake. “They should be in series with the primary transformer. If they've been damaged, I'd expect to see this kind of output. It would only take a minor insulation breach or deformation of the core to change their flux density and disrupt their induction fields.”

== Tag GM ==

#7 Mid Altairi Hydish

Mid Altairi Hydish

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Engineer
  • Star Fleet Academy

Posted Star Date 22103.02 @ 03:36 (03:36 AM)

The midshipman bit his lower lip as his eyes narrowed on a slightly charred coil, caving in between two concentrated black marks. And where there was one issue, there were likely more. The damage had been done.

"Gahh..." Altairi scowled and turned to an engineer on his left, "Where do you keep the replacement induction coils?"

For a few more seconds, he glided the tricorder along the coil's pathway, looking to pinpoint where the instability began on the copper-tinted conduit. 

There.

He estimated that once they had the replacement, it would take maybe ten--fifteen minutes to install, and would be pumping out a consistent stream within a few more minutes. The midshipman ran a quick inventory of the toolkit, picking out a decoupler, wrench, and isodine coupler, and setting them all down on the empty half of the case.

== Tag ==

#8 GM-11

GM-11

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 420 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22103.05 @ 14:45 (02:45 PM)

Midshipman Hydish's team did locate the replacement parts but the repair took a touch longer as his team was largely support crew with minimal engineering training; however approximately 12 minutes later the power flow from the generator was restored.

The elation was short lived however, as his analysis of the readings from the nearby engineering station showed that the now increased flow of energy had blown out a conduit which was feeding power to one of the hospital decks, one deck above. However one of his team did know where Hydish could locate those parts, however given the critical need for those facilities, they would need to work fast.

He did however did get a small break as an Engineering NCO approached; injuries to his face looked fresh, "What do you need sir?"

==Lt Alturkia==

There was internal damage to at least one of the coils and likely to a lesser degree to another. Given the sensitive nature of the unit it would take at least 30 minutes of careful and patient repair, even with the assistance of an experienced NCO.

Both officers were aware that there was a multiple other urgent pending repairs, here on the Engineering deck and throughout the ship. Bottom line they were going to be chasing repairs unless they got some of this ship's crew back from sickbay or more reinforcements from the Tesla.

#9 Lt (JG) Asfar Farhat Alturkia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 250 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22103.05 @ 20:15 (08:15 PM)

It didn't take long for the result of the diagnostic to return and show that there was damage to the coils. Ordinarily, it wasn't a big job. Half hour or so Asfar estimated, but given the current status of the Nightingale, it may as well be a days work. Especially with all the other glaring issues they had.

“Alturkia to Krylixson.” He said tapping his badge. “Sir, we're going to need a lot more support over here.”

He didn't want to bring everyone from the Tesla over. After all, their own engineering department wasn't exactly the largest and they needed some of them to remain aboard for their own safety.

“Hydish brought over Lavigne and the Twins from the gamma shift with him. I'd like to request two more shifts be deployed here to assist.”

He waited now for the Chief to respond. Asfar knew who he wanted and who was capable, but it wasn't his call to make that final decision. But at the same time, he didn't want to put others in harms way.

== I assume the message was sent successfully, and now to wait for Onyx to reply. ==

#10 Mid Altairi Hydish

Mid Altairi Hydish

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Engineer
  • Star Fleet Academy

Posted Star Date 22103.05 @ 21:48 (09:48 PM)

Sweat stained his forehead as the midshipman looked over twelve minutes worth of slaving away at the generator.

“We..We...We did it..” The ends of Altairi’s mouth began to curve upward, only to sink upon reading the console, "We..."

The now stable flow of power had fried a nearby conduit...connecting to one of the hospital decks. His teeth came down, bludgeoning a slightly-bloodied lower lip.

“What do you need sir?” His train of thought took a sharp halt with the arrival of an NCO.

“We’ve blown a conduit, medical’s losing power, and I need your experience with me,“ The midshipman turned to the others, “Half of you stay here to handle other repairs, and someone get the replacement conduit parts.”

Altairi finished packing the repair kit, then looked at the NCO, “Well, let’s buy as much time as possible,“ And set off for the conduit. 

== Tag ==

Edited by Mid Altairi Hydish, Star Date 22103.05 @ 21:49 (09:49 PM).