#1 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 715 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22104.19 @ 13:53 (01:53 PM)

If there was one thing that Eliana enjoyed more than her job, it was getting the opportunity to spend time with those she loved. It didn't matter where it was as long as she was able to put her normal life to one side and make the most of her down time. One such favourite activity was taking William to the holodeck, to let him experience different things without having to leave the ship. Of course she rarely did that alone as it had become a family thing with Liam.

Having the kind of family life that she had always envisioned had been made possible since her and Liam had become more than friends. Every moment had been so fulfilling and when their shifts sometimes made it impossible to see each other. They made up for it and their relationship was one of the most rewarding that she had ever gotten to experience.

Even the thought of the handsome Irish doctor made her smile as she picked up a very wriggly William and placed him in his playpen so she could finish getting everything ready for their trip to the beach. Besides it was the safest place for him especially now that he could walk, crawl and get into everything. Not that she didn't relish the experience and yet was grateful that she wasn't the only one getting to see all of this.

She was lucky indeed and as William played happily with his toys, smiling as he shouted and talked as she packed the picnic. "Picnic's almost ready, then we just need the blankets as the toys are already under the stroller" she said, hoping that Liam had heard her, before adjusting the strap on the blue summer dress that she had chosen to wear over her bikini.

== Tag Liam ==

#2 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 620 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22104.24 @ 00:39 (12:39 AM)

== NRC – Dr. Liam McConnelly – Suave Irish Doctor and Family Man Extraordinaire ==

Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take ya t'a…” Liam danced toward Eliana, whose back was to him.

“…Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama. Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go.

He stopped and wrapped his arms around Ella, gently swaying with her for a moment while continuing to hum the song.

“No bother, a mhuirnín, I already put the blankets in the pack to bring along. C’mere to me.”

After waiting for her to be done with any items in hand, Liam turned the gorgeous woman about. He couldn’t help but notice that the young William had been placed in the pen, and was still happily babbling and playing there. But what it really meant was that he could be a little more carefree in his movements, his attempt at dancing that is, without worrying about trampling the lad. Not that it was normally an issue, but the boy was an adventurer to be sure, and so it took a careful pair of eyes to keep up with him.

Still rocking to and fro, he brought Ella out to arms length and paused, giving her a moment to get a good look at him; Liam waited a beat for a reaction. His top was a bright turquoise linen short sleeve button up, with colorful pink flamingos and bright green and gold palm tree prints adorning the thing. Below that was a pair of khaki shorts, from which stemmed a set of rather high albedo legs, with honey-brown sandals finishing the look. Well, that wasn’t all that finished the look, at least in Liam’s mind. It was the pair of highly mirrored aviators the rested atop his head that ‘finished’ the look.

“Jaysus, yer a ride love!” he said as he took in Eliana’s outfit too.

“We make a pair! Though I have to say, it’s been donkey’s years since these stumps o’mine have seen a good day for drying. Glad ya planned this for us,” pulling Ella in, he gave her a gentle kiss… which was then interrupted by William making a raspberry sound, as If to scorn their affection. A quick glance over to the pen countered that assumption, as it was just the youngin’ making noise. Liam chuckled and turned back to look at Ella.

“Are we ready to craic on, then?” he beamed back toward her, clearly excited for an adventure.

#3 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 715 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22104.24 @ 09:40 (09:40 AM)

Hearing Liam sing was always a good indicator as to what kind of mood he was in. Those dulcet Irish tones never failed to get a reaction from her, especially when it was one of her favourite songs. It also wasn't difficult to get distracted and become caught up in the moment as Liam wrapped his arms around her and started to gently sway with her. Kokomo may be a centuries old song from Earth but it brought out memories of the beach and a smile that shared her Boyfriend's good mood.

Even as he continued to hum, Eliana thought about teasing him slightly before he answered her. Smiling again as he used that particular term of endearment and asked her to come to him. " How can I say no to that, especially after you sang one of my favourites" she responded, her tone playful as he turned her to face him.

Having William in the playpen certainly ruled out any chance of accidents as her and Liam danced, fully immersing herself in moving with him. Noticing what he was wearing with his deliberate pause and grinned at what he was doing. Not that Eli didn't appreciate his choice of attire, liking the print of the shirt and the khaki shorts that complimented it. Liam McConnelly certainly knew how to dress and this was no exception, right down to the mirrored aviators atop his head.

" So are you" she replied, returning the compliment that he then gave her, before smiling at what he said next. " I agree we do and I'm glad that I did". When he then pulled her close and kissed her, Eli immediately reciprocated, trying not to laugh at William's well timed raspberry and Liam's chuckle.

"Yes I'd say that we are" she said as Liam looked at her and asked if they were ready to get moving. Escaping Liam's grasp with a wink, Eli picked up William and secured him into the stroller. Letting Liam take over pushing if he wanted too as she grabbed the picnic basket and diaper bag.

Then it was time to leave and travel the short distance to the holodecks.

== Holodeck ==

Once outside the holodeck that she had booked, Eli activated the programme, then returned to Liam and William's side. As the doors opened to reveal what was inside, Liam would see a beach that stretched out for miles. A beach bar, sun loungers and a couple of beach huts, then the resort just behind it with shops, restaurants and a small funfair. It had everything they could possibly need as Eli then looked to him, in order to gauge his reaction.

#4 Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius

Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 620 posts
  • SRT Officer, Security
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.02 @ 19:40 (07:40 PM)

== NRC – Dr. Liam McConnelly – Suave Irish Doctor, Family Man Extraordinaire, Dresser for Successer ==

The walk to the holodecks had seemed short, and not just because the distance had been small. Time seemed to move differently when he was with Ella and William, his perception changed by the awesome memories he was creating. It was a nice change of pace, especially from some of the things he had to deal with as a physician. The plan for this small vacation had been weeks in the making, and Liam was truly glad to be able to get to spend some family time.

“My word,” he said under his breath, before lifting the shades up.

The initial view of the beach took him straight back to home; or rather, at least somewhere near home. It was never very far to travel to get to a beach, at least in his home County of Kerry where Liam grew up. There was a flood of memories that came back to McConnelly just then, some of them good, and some of them less so. The person that he had become was borne from interactions with the sea. A specific recollection even had Liam tasting the salt-water in his mouth, the sound the air made along with the crashing of the waves. However, the holodeck was bright, sunny. His memory had been of a storm, and looking out onto everything before him, there was nary a chance of that happening. Instead, it was easy to shift focus as the smell of food from the vendors beyond wafted through the air to his nose. Taking a deep breath in, he settled and smiled.

“Looks wonderful,” Liam smiled and gave Ella a peck. Then, he lowered his shades and started wheeling the wean forward.

There were plenty of spots for them to pull up to. Part of Liam was drawn to the beach bar, and his mouth watered at the idea of getting a margarita…

Or even some Sex on the Beach, an impish grin came and went from his lips.

“So, my beor, where is it we should setup shop? The loungers look like a grand spot to settle.”

Liam looked around a bit more, seeing the funfair not far from them, which would be a perfect place for William to enjoy. Though he did consider that it might be an option for later once the lad wanted something more than playing in the water and sand.

“Ah, and it wouldn’t go amiss to be near the watering hole,” he gestured with his chin toward the bar, and grinned.

Edited by Lt (JG) Nathan Ramius, Star Date 22105.02 @ 19:46 (07:46 PM).

#5 Lt Eliana McKenna

Lt Eliana McKenna

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 715 posts
  • Security Team Leader
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22105.03 @ 10:18 (10:18 AM)

Having been together for almost a year, it wasn't difficult for Eliana to guess as to how Liam was reacting to the small slice of paradise that awaited them inside. Sometimes it was just a look rather than words, although did smile as he uttered something under his breath before he lifted his shades up. Eli knew that Liam had grown up within travelling distance of a beach as opposed to her only getting to appreciate such things once she got to Earth. So for her, it was definitely special to recreate that via the holodeck until they could visit a real beach.

When Liam did speak and told her that it looked wonderful, she knew that she had chosen well as he then gave her a quick peck. " I'm glad that you like it" [/color] she replied as they entered and she walked alongside Liam and the stroller.

At his question as to where they should set up their things and suggested the loungers. Eli took a moment to contemplate his idea and decided that it would be perfect with comfortable seats and plenty of room for William to play. Although had to grin as he then pointed out their close proximity to the beach bar.

"That's very true so the loungers it is" she agreed with some slight amusement, liking his way of thinking.