Jump to content


Photo

PH/D02-03 - Transporter Rooms


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

    Creative Director

  • Administrators
  • 1965 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22106.22 @ 00:39 (12:39 AM)

==



#2 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.01 @ 19:44 (07:44 PM)

Peter was the first to arrive at the transporter room, and he had rushed to the armory and armed himself as well. If he was to lead the mission, it would not do for him to be unarmed. He didn't think the Klingons would respect a commander who was not armed. So he'd gotten a phaser too, and holstered it, while he waited for the others. He had already decided on the team splits. As chief engineer, Hydish should have the honor of accompanying him to the main ship. Besides, Sloane was used to McGyvering repairs from nothing, he figured, and her skills would be most in need at the worst affected ship. He'd leave her in command of that away team, while he took command of the other.

He sighed, and waited for people to show up. It couldn't be long. It shouldn't be - the ship wasn't that big.



#3 Lt Altairi Hydish

Lt Altairi Hydish

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 278 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.01 @ 21:46 (09:46 PM)

Hustling through the opened gate of the transporter room was the comparatively little chief engineer, poised as if he were about to dismantle an entire megastructure. One hand clasped around a comparatively bulky toolkit; another held firm by the side of his belt, looming over a coil spanner. The chief glanced around the room, nodding first to the transporter chief, then to Jensen and the officers that had already gathered.

 

"I have Laate and Barkley on the way, sir. Sloane should be..." he lowered the case and peered behind himself, scanning for the other engineering lieutenant.

 

== Tag ==



#4 Lt. Emily Sloane

Lt. Emily Sloane

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • U.S.S Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.02 @ 11:49 (11:49 AM)

>>> Engineering>>>

 

The doors to the transporter room hissed open to reveal that Hydish and the XO had already made it there before her. Hydish had only been slightly ahead of her, she had no idea how long Jensen had been there for.

 

Hydish was talking as she entered, "On the way, sir. Sloane should be..." he lowered the case and peered behind himself, looking in her direction.

 

"Right here, Sir." Sloane said simply.

 

She paused for a second and then said, "Whats the situation, Sir?" directing the question at either officer in the room.

 

==Tags==



#5 Ens Art d'Tor'an {Murphy}

Ens Art d'Tor'an {Murphy}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.02 @ 15:53 (03:53 PM)

>> Security Office >>
 
The last Away Team Art had been on had been to the planet’s surface, and she wasn’t going back there unarmed. She didn’t like going anywhere unarmed, of course, but after being chased through Jateran catacombs, the weight of a Type-2 phaser on her hip made her feel a lot better. 
 
The First Officer, the Chief Engineer, and another Engineer were already in the room; Art wondered what sort of Away Team would require two Engineers. Was there something mechanical on the planet now that needed fixing? Was the planet secretly not an egg, but a mechanical incubator? Art shook her head to physically wipe these ridiculous ideas out, and found herself looking at Lieutenant Sloane. 
 
“What’s the situation, Sir?” The woman asked, leaving it open-ended for either ranking officer to answer. Art waited for this answer as well; she wanted to know what fresh hell the J'Shashians had planned for them this time. 
 
 
== Tags / Bump ==


#6 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.02 @ 16:19 (04:19 PM)

Peter was pleased to see it was d'Tor'an

When everyone had arrived, Peter cleared his throat:

"Two Klingon Birds of Prey have decloaked and asked for assistance, The IKS Borqu' and the IKS Pe'bIl, and the Captain has offered our services. We're awaiting final clearance for transport. The IKS Borqu' and the IKS Pe'bIl. The Pe'bil is critically damaged, and unable to go on under its own power. Lt. Sloane. You will take Dr. Hurst, Ensign d'Tor'an and Mr. Barkley and - upon approval - beam to the Pe'bll and do whatever you can for them. Prepare for many and severe casualties, and extensive damage to propulsion and navigation. You are Bravo Team", he instructed, selecting Sloane to head Bravo because of his confidence in her engineering abilities. "Ensign", he looked at d'Tor'an, "I don't mean to make you the token Klingon, I hope you know I respect you too much for that, but especially on teh Pe'bll we need someone sensitive to the way Klingons do things. They're probably stressed out, and frightened, and not wanting to admit it. That's an explosive cocktail in humans.", he smiled, then looked at the group again

 

"The rest of us are Alpha Team. The Borqu seems to be less damaged, but still damaged, so don't expect a picnic. You can sample gagh later", he joked, then looked at them "Myself and the security officers are armed. We are not looking for a fight, and they are set to stun and will remain thus", he gave everyone a hard glare "but, correct me if I'm wrong, Ensign", he looked at d'Tor'an "the Klingons respect strength, and would likely see security and command staff being unarmed as weakness. That's the last thing we want to project. But unless absolutely necessary, these", he patted the phaser on his hip, "stay on our hips. Any questions?"

Once any questions had been asked and answered, he tapped his badge

"Jensen to bridge. Away Teams Alpha and Bravo standing by, Captain. Do we have a go for transport?"

 

 

== Please do feel free to ask any questions: I will answer them (as best I can :D ) in a seperate post, and that post will be before he calls the bridge ==


Edited by LCdr Peter Jensen, Star Date 22206.02 @ 16:21 (04:21 PM).


#7 Lt Raven Hurst

Lt Raven Hurst

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 633 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.02 @ 21:35 (09:35 PM)

Hurst's voice chimed trough the comm- channel in response to Jensen's call

 

[“Hurst here, we'll be there in about five minuets, Hurst out”] 


Edited by Lt Raven Hurst, Star Date 22206.02 @ 21:35 (09:35 PM).


#8 Lt. Emily Sloane

Lt. Emily Sloane

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • U.S.S Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.03 @ 13:09 (01:09 PM)

Sloane heard the transporter room doors open behind her, but didn't turn around. Whoever it was she'd be made aware of in a few moments anyway. This happened a few times and in her peripheral vision she could make out people moving into the room behind her. What was going on that required so many people, not to mention several engineers, to be with the away team? 

 

She didn't have to wait long to find out as the First Officer started talking: "Two Klingon Birds of Prey have decloaked and asked for assistance, The IKS Borqu' and the IKS Pe'bIl, and the Captain has offered our services. We're awaiting final clearance for transport."

 

Klingons?!

 

Great, Klingons. Of all the people they could have encounters, why Klingons? She'd known when she transferred out to the Philadelphia there was a chance of meeting them but any contact would most likely have been between ships and she wouldn't have had to meet any face to face. And now she was going to. She was going to help them. She avoided letting the displeasure show on her face but at that instant she wished she was anywhere else.

 

"The Pe'bil is critically damaged, and unable to go on under its own power. Lt. Sloane. You will take Dr. Hurst, Ensign d'Tor'an and Mr. Barkley and - upon approval - beam to the Pe'bll and do whatever you can for them. Prepare for many and severe casualties, and extensive damage to propulsion and navigation. You are Bravo Team", he instructed, looking towards Sloane.

 

And now she was in charge of the repair team for one ship. From what the XO had said this ship was the more badly damaged of the two, and most likely full of angry and hostile Klingons not in the mood to have Star Fleet busting in trying to help out. Klingon technology wasn't pretty either. It was not their strong suit, it made the Endeavour's systems look like a luxury liner and was held together by prayers and little else. This is going to be an interesting test if anything...

 

"Ensign", Jensen looked behind her now, Sloane turned to face who he was talking to, "I don't mean to make you the token Klingon, I hope you know I respect you too much for that, but especially on the Pe'bll we need someone sensitive to the way Klingons do things. They're probably stressed out, and frightened, and not wanting to admit it. That's an explosive cocktail in humans.", he smiled, then looked at the group again

 
He was talking to a woman in a security uniform, a phaser on her hip. There was no mistaking what she was however. Klingon. This day keeps getting better and better. A Klingon was now assigned to her team. Her hand instinctively went to her elbow, where her right arm had been severed from her body. Is this a test? Or does someone just hate me?
 
Jensen continued "The rest of us are Alpha Team. The Borqu seems to be less damaged, but still damaged, so don't expect a picnic. You can sample gagh later", he joked, then looked at them "Myself and the security officers are armed. We are not looking for a fight, and they are set to stun and will remain thus", he gave everyone a hard glare "but, correct me if I'm wrong, Ensign", he looked at d'Tor'an "the Klingons respect strength, and would likely see security and command staff being unarmed as weakness. That's the last thing we want to project. But unless absolutely necessary, these", he patted the phaser on his hip, "stay on our hips. Any questions?"
 
Not looking for a fight, but they probably will be. 
 
Sloane had many questions, all of which were extremely petty. This was the job she'd signed up for, so she'd have to make it work. Whatever happened, it was her duty to deal with the problems and show the Klingons that Star Fleet could and would help, no matter what.
 
She turned to Hydish "Good luck, Sir." He was going to need it.
 
==Tags==

Edited by Lt. Emily Sloane, Star Date 22206.03 @ 13:11 (01:11 PM).


#9 Lt Raven Hurst

Lt Raven Hurst

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 633 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.03 @ 14:18 (02:18 PM)

 
<< From Sickbay << 
 
Raven and Ouan entered the transporter room the last to arrive. Medical kit's in hand. Raven had chosen to wear her doctor's coat, the extra pockets would come in handy. 
 
Jensen started the mission briefing now they were all gathered. He talked about the Klingons, that they needed their help. And from the look on some faces it seemed as though dealing with the Klingons had caused some discomfort.  
 
Ouan turned to Raven giving a smile she simply said “Don't worry most are all bark and some bite” 
 
“Oh is that all, Don't let them push you around Aisha, And I'll see you later” Raven responded to the Head nurse. 
 
They both moved over to join their teams. Raven with the bravo and Ouan with the Alpha. 
 
 
== Tag's ==


#10 Lt Altairi Hydish

Lt Altairi Hydish

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 278 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.03 @ 19:00 (07:00 PM)

Klingons? Unease gurgled in the pit of Altairi's stomach. He wasn't an expert on any of the Federation's neighboring powers; but for a Klingon flotilla to request Starfleet's assistance? -- it seemed an insult to their honor. Maybe it all was a ruse, a trap set for the away teams to walk into. Or... The chief gulped. Maybe it was all genuine. Someone, or something had managed to cripple two Klingon warships.

 

And maybe that someone or something was nearby, waiting to feast off of the Philadelphia's blood.

 

Blinking his eyes back open and returning his attention to the world around him, Altairi found himself at the end of the other officers' initial questioning. Barkley, Laate, a Klingon security officer, and a pair of medical officers were among the new faces in the room.

 

"Good luck, Sir," he heard Sloane telling him. Her voice sounded a bit fuzzy. Every sight and sound in the room was. 

 

It wasn't anything unnatural for him; Altairi was used to ignoring the rest of his senses in favor of his own thoughts. It had been a while since re-emerging was this disorienting, though...

 

He derailed that train of thought, nodding. "You too, Lieutenant." The chief momentarily looked past Sloane and nodded to Barkley, before picking up his own toolkit and moving to assemble with the rest of Alpha Team.

 

== Tagity tag tag tag ==



#11 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

    Creative Director

  • Administrators
  • 1965 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.04 @ 16:06 (04:06 PM)

[Negative. The Klingons do not wish our assistance in conducting repairs, though we are taking their most heavily wounded aboard. Have Ensign D'Tor'an stand guard in Sickbay while our guests are aboard. We are returning to our original plan; have the engineering and science teams finalise their preparations for the excavation on Jateran.]



#12 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.04 @ 17:23 (05:23 PM)

Peter was standing by to order the first of the teams on to the pad, and nearly did so before the Captain's refusal came through. He stopped, stood still for a moment, then took a deep breath.

"Understood, Captain.", he replied, then looked at the group.

 

"Right, you heard the Captain. Mr. Murik I want you to join Ensign d'Tor'an unless and until ordered otherwise. I don't think one Security officer is enough to contain wounded and angry Klingons, no offense, Ensign", he smiled to Art, before going on:

"The rest of you, back to what you were doing. Dismissed", and he stepped aside so everyone could get to the door. As Art were heading out, he gently took a hold of her arm to indicate that he wanted her to remain for a moment, then said quietly:

"Try to see if you can pick up anything from the Klingons in sickbay. They're not likely to tell you outright, but you might overhear something. And if you do, step outside for a moment and let the Captain and myself know. That's one of the reasons I want Murik with you - so that if you do learn something, there will still be a security presence", he finished, then let go of her arm, and nodded to her as a signal to go.

 

Once everone was out, Peter headed back towards the bridge


Edited by LCdr Peter Jensen, Star Date 22206.04 @ 17:35 (05:35 PM).


#13 Ens Art d'Tor'an {Murphy}

Ens Art d'Tor'an {Murphy}

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.05 @ 16:06 (04:06 PM)

It was the First Officer who spoke; it made sense that he was the one with the most information. “Two Klingon Birds of Prey have decloaked and asked for assistance: The IKS Borqu' and the IKS Pe'bIl, and the Captain has offered our services.”
 
Art nodded in understanding, glad that she had picked up a more formidable phaser. The ship names were unfamiliar to her, of course, but the Federation’s relationship with the Empire was currently, at best, a case-by-case basis. She and her own family did not face any hostilities, of course, but she still could not deny that the Empire was seemingly in slightly more political turmoil than usual. 
 
“...Lieutenant Sloane, you will take Dr. Hurst, Ensign d’Tor’an, and Mr. Barkley. And upon arrival, beam to the Pe'bll and do whatever you can for them.” Art looked to the Engineer, who looked less-than-thrilled to learn what their mission contained. “Prepare for many and severe casualties, and extensive damage to propulsion and navigation. You are Bravo Team.” Art wondered if Sloane, too, had anticipated them beaming back down to Jateran, and was finding herself surprised. 
 
“Ensign,” Jensen said, addressing Artie directly, “I don't mean to make you the token Klingon, I hope you know I respect you too much for that, but especially on the Pe'bll, we need someone sensitive to the way Klingons do things.” Art nodded curtly, in the way that Security officers do when they understand their orders without question. “They're probably stressed out,” Jensen added, “and frightened, and not wanting to admit it. That's an explosive cocktail in humans.”
 
That was certainly an understatement. That was the thing when many species were theorized to share the same billion-years’ ancestry: they all had the same fight-or-flight reactions. Humans and Ferengi tended to flee, for the sake of saving themselves and perpetuating the species. Klingons and Tellarites, on the other hand, fought until they drew their last breath, and that was with the hope of taking their enemy with them. The fact that two Klingon ships were asking for help at all was something to be documented. 
 
The First Officer was currently giving orders to Alpha Team, and looked to Art for confirmation for one point, to which she simply nodded again. Double that with the fact that she herself did not want to go anywhere again without being armed, and she may have fit in with the Klingon stereotype herself. 
 
“Jensen to bridge. Away Teams Alpha and Bravo standing by, Captain. Do we have a go for transport?”
 
But it was not to be. The Captain called back to the First Officer, belaying their orders, and their entire Away Mission. [Negative. The Klingons do not wish our assistance in conducting repairs, though we are taking their most heavily wounded aboard. Have Ensign D'Tor'an stand guard in Sickbay while our guests are aboard. We are returning to our original plan; have the engineering and science teams finalize their preparations for the excavation on Jateran.]
 
Art growled softly, just low enough for it to rumble in her throat, and sounded more of a guttural sigh. She had already been steeling herself for the outlooks of “pure” Klingons, and the many ways they may treat her. Jensen seemed almost disappointed, as well. Art took what comfort she could in the man’s attitude. 
 
“Right, you heard the Captain. Mr. Murik, I want you to join Ensign d'Tor'an, unless and until ordered otherwise. I don't think one Security officer is enough to contain wounded and angry Klingons, no offense, Ensign.”
 
Art smiled genuinely at the man; she was glad for the large numbers Security held, if only for the fact that one Klingon could easily take on three Federation men. Wounded Klingons tended to have recorded higher levels of adrenaline; it was what kept them going while in battle. Fight now, die later. Bleeding, more often than not, was just an inconvenience. The rest of the transporter room was dismissed, and Jensen took Art aside before she headed off to Sickbay guard duty.
 
“Try to see if you can pick up anything from the Klingons in Sickbay. They're not likely to tell you outright, but you might overhear something. And if you do, step outside for a moment and let the Captain and myself know. That's one of the reasons I want Murik with you - so that if you do learn something, there will still be a security presence.” 
 
“Yessir.” Art said quickly, feeling slightly nervous. There was still a good chance that these Klingons would see her as nothing more than a traitor to the Empire, and even her presence would set them off. On the other hand, sometimes Klingons thought it grand, for their seed to be spread across the galaxy in any way it could, and her existence was glory all by itself. As Artie and the Vulcan name Murik headed towards Sickbay (he was only a few paces ahead of her, and so Art caught up quickly), she wondered which end of the spectrum she would get today. 
 
 
>>Sickbay>>


#14 Lt Altairi Hydish

Lt Altairi Hydish

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 278 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.06 @ 15:40 (03:40 PM)

Dread and anticipation boiled in the young engineer's heart, driving pangs up his spine, firing into his blood as the moment of transport seemed to draw nearer and nearer. 

 

But the moment never actually... struck.

 

[Negative. The Klingons do not wish our assistance in conducting repairs, though we are taking their most heavily wounded aboard. Have Ensign D'Tor'an stand guard in Sickbay while our guests are aboard. We are returning to our original plan; have the engineering and science teams finalise their preparations for the excavation on Jateran.]

 

Bewilderment and relief clashed violently in the Ktarian's face. He was under the impression that the Klingons had requested Starfleet's assistance... but perhaps that was a mistranslation down the chain of command, or something of the sort. Anything to silence his burning need to speculate and dread the circumstances behind the sudden change in plans.

 

The chief drew a long breath, shifting his stance to draw the gazes of the rest of his engineering team. He nodded in lieu of making an order, quickly proceeding for the door, wondering...

 

Wondering...

 

>> Engineering >>

 

 == And Tags ==



#15 Lt Raven Hurst

Lt Raven Hurst

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 633 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.06 @ 17:10 (05:10 PM)

Raven and Ouan just stood there. Watching and waiting for the go ahead to transport to the Klingon ship's. The conformation from the bridge never happened in fact the opposite happened, they were given the orders to stand down and report back to work, with sickbay to make ready to receive the wounded from the Klingon ships. 
 
Before leaving Raven turned to Ouan “so what do you think” 
 
“Well we should prepare for the worst, we may have to set up in the cargo bay again and pray” 
 
Raven nodded as she replied “Agreed, I'll call the boss and see what we're up against” 
 
Ouan nodded and indicated to the door to Raven as the others exited the room.
 
Raven smiled and they both went back to Sickbay. 
 
>> back to sickbay >>


#16 Lt. Emily Sloane

Lt. Emily Sloane

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • U.S.S Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.08 @ 19:23 (07:23 PM)

"You too, Lieutenant." Hydish nodded, before looking behind where Sloane was stood and moving off to stand with a group of others.

 

Lets see how this goes...

 

"Jensen to bridge. Away Teams Alpha and Bravo standing by, Captain. Do we have a go for transport?" The XO said as he tapped his commbadge.

 

The response took a few minutes, but then: [Negative. The Klingons do not wish our assistance in conducting repairs, though we are taking their most heavily wounded aboard. Have Ensign D'Tor'an stand guard in Sickbay while our guests are aboard. We are returning to our original plan; have the engineering and science teams finalise their preparations for the excavation on Jateran.]

 
Sloane sighed aloud. Had she been pleased at the idea of going aboard a Klingon ship? No. Did she want to put her command and engineering skills to the test? Absolutely. As much as she wouldn't have liked it, it was a shame that she wouldn't get to work on Klingon technology or get to show her new commanding officers what she could do.
 
I wonder what the Captain meant about an excavation? I'll check with Chief Hydish.
 
Without much other thought, Sloane walked out of the transporter room and back towards Engineering.
 
>>Engineering>>


#17 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.10 @ 14:18 (02:18 PM)

Peter arrived at the transporter room again, ready to head back down to the planet. It was with quite ambivalent feelings he did so. The last time he'd barely escaped a First Contact mission with his life. First Contact was a great honor, to be sure, but...the natives were restless, and probably decidedly more so after the bombardment. The Captain's concern about a reappearance of Nobal and her plotters was one he shared. It wasn't for nothign that he'd asked Kurasa to bring a phaser.

He waited for the others and used that waiting period to try to get back into the mindset of an explorer who's here to help. Because right now, while he of course didn't wish harm on the people on the planet below, the treatment they'd received at their hands so far had not endeared them to him.

 

He was reminding himself of the cultural shock those people would have gotten....and that tends to bring out the worst in some people. If honest with himself, he would probably have  been one of those advising caution, though of course not attempted to overthrow the government!
When all was said and done, this was not important. What was important was, that these people needed help, and the crew of the Philadelphia were Starfleet. So help, they would.



#18 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 1821 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.10 @ 19:00 (07:00 PM)

[Understood Commander I will need to retrieve Tricorder from quarters Please clarify if phasers are for just Security personnel or the Away team in total, and if so how many Sir?]

 

Artemis received a reply shortly 

 

[Acknowledged Ensign, thank you., will see you soon I am on the away team. Blackford in charge here and his team is available if you need backup.]

 

==Tags Please assume that messages were received in the order Kurasa received them==



#19 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 1821 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.10 @ 21:01 (09:01 PM)

<<Quarters<<

 

Approximately 5 minutes after she had commed.

 

Shione entered the Transporter room at an even pace finding the First Officer, Artemis and Crewman Murik along with a transporter technician.

 

"Here is your Phaser Sir, as requested," Jensen would see that she was carrying as many as he had asked for. 

 

Those present would see that the Security Chief was wearing a modest harness , which distributed the weight of both of her tricorders, and her Phaser evenly. Two other small pouches were also on the belt.

 

She turned and addressed the First Officer, after giving her Security duo a nod of respect;

 

"So, what exactly is the mission's purpose Commander? I understand I am to protect them all but can you summarize what they will be doing and who or what constitutes the threats against the team?

 

==Tags==



#20 Lt K'ehley

Lt K'ehley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.11 @ 20:55 (08:55 PM)

<< Science Labs <<
 
A Klingon, a Bolian and a Rigelian walked into a bar... no, wait. An exo-biologist, an archaeologist, and a geologist, walked into the Transporter Room.
 
The Klingon science chief looked around the faces already present, for an instant looked relieved for some reason, then gave a nod to the assembled people. 
 
"Apologies for our lateness. I believe we are ready to go to the surface." Lieutenant K'ehley reported.
 
The scientists carried two cases each over their shoulders, containing equipment they needed for their first surveys of the area of study.
 
== Tags ==


#21 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.13 @ 16:53 (04:53 PM)

Peter sighed at Kurasa's question about the number of phasers. Not at her, but at himself. Yes, he definitely should have specified. He tapped his badge

 

[Just you and I, LCdr. Don't want to look heavily armed, but also don't want to be defenseless], he instructed

 

When she arrived, he took the phaser from her with a "Thank you", and made sure to check that it was set to stun before he strapped it into a holster securely. When he was asked what their purpose was, he cleared his throat:

"Well, as you said, you're to provide security. I hope and believe it won't be necessary, but the last time we landed on this planet, we almost didn't get back alive. The Captain doesn't want to take any chances this time, and I agree with her completely. That's why I asked you to bring a phaser for each of us. The locals might object, but if it's only the two of us armed, I don't think they'll mind too much. And if they do, we remind them what happened when we came unarmed.", he said as he looked at the others. "We're going to be helping with the excavation of the area around the impact from the strike against the Crystalline Entity. I don't quite know the extent of the damage done downthere, but there's sure to be a lot of cleaning up, repairs, and studies.", he gestured to the science crew that had just walked in. He acknowledged K'ehley's reporting for duty.

"Very well. We're still waiting for Mr. Hydish and his team, but then we'll be ready to go", he said, then looked at the transporter chief. "Once we're all here, you'll beam us down in groups. LCdr Kurasa and myself first", he said "then when I give the all-clear, the others as you see fit".

He wasn't expecting trouble, but he would be gosh darned if he let the unarmed party members beam down into what might be a volatile situation as the first.


Edited by LCdr Peter Jensen, Star Date 22206.13 @ 17:16 (05:16 PM).


#22 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 1821 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.15 @ 20:01 (08:01 PM)

Crystalline Entity!

 

It was with some considerable effort that Shione kept both her focus on what the First Officer was saying as well as her composure. It was apparent that the Philadelphia had somehow managed to engage and it would seem destroy it, although that was not as yet an established fact.

 

From what she knew these were monstrous electromagnetic lifeforms which fed off life energy, and yet it seemed that they had engaged it on a planetary surface, and ...destroyed it?

 

Jensen's words suggested that the previous away team had encountered hostile reactions from the inhabitants of this world but that; on the face of it suggested insanity. Could the creature somehow have controlled a portion of the population?

 

The FO's suggestion that she and he go down first and alone was a prudent one and as she was about to take a position facing in the opposite direction from Jensen; Shione added a question that she hoped would clear up the mysteries.

 

"Commander how is it that any of the population survived the presence of a Crystalline Entity and would then be hostile to the crew of the vessel which from what you just told me implied that the ship acted to defend their very existence?

 

Sir without knowing more that sounds like madness."

 

It was evident that the Chief Engineer was running late so asking for more feedback felt like a prudent use of the available time.

 

==Tag Jensen or anyone else who wants to answer

GM as soon as the order to energize is given Shione will face in the opposite direction that the FO is ==


Edited by LCdr Shione Kurasa, Star Date 22206.15 @ 20:03 (08:03 PM).


#23 Lt Altairi Hydish

Lt Altairi Hydish

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 278 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.15 @ 23:52 (11:52 PM)

The Ktarian's hurried entrance was accompanied by the equally hurried clacking of his boots. He nearly slipped and collapsed while trying to halt himself.

 

Johnson, Amel, and Thar had appeared to have already made it into the transporter room, awaiting the two engineering lieutenants who had arrived. Altairi put on a nervous smile, darting glances between the First Officer, a science officer, a security officer, and the others already gathered. In seconds, the 'nervous' component of his smile was all that remained; there was no point in digging a deeper hole for himself.

 

The chief looked at his own shoes, making himself appear smaller than he already was. He blurted a quick "Sorry" and sidestepped toward the other engineers.

 

Altairi looked at the PADD clutched in his hand-- displaying a half-annotated aerial view of the Jaterran Dust Bowl. His fingers were thrown into quick motions while he tried to update the map with more information, as he should have done so much earlier.

 

== Tag ==



#24 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

    Creative Director

  • Administrators
  • 1965 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.16 @ 01:52 (01:52 AM)

[Bridge to Transporter Room; we are re-entering Jateran orbit. You are go for transport.]



#25 Lt. Emily Sloane

Lt. Emily Sloane

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • U.S.S Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.16 @ 15:27 (03:27 PM)

Sloane entered the transporter room, again, on the heels of Hydish. Again she noted Hydish's nerves as he almost flew forwards as he went to stop. Was he the only option? I've never seen a department head this jumpy.

 

The rest of the engineering team had already arrived, alongside various members of the Science department, the First Officer and the Vulcan woman she'd encountered earlier aboard the Jupiter. Judging by her security uniform she was to be their escort, and the three pips on her collar indicated her position as the Chief of Security. Both the First Officer and COS were armed, which surprised her. Surely the natives to the planet wouldn't be too much of a threat? She doubted a hand phaser would work against a Crystalline entity.

 

She walked to stand beside the rest of the engineering team. Hopefully whatever they were excavating wouldn't be too dangerous, the last thing she needed was a life or death situation on her first mission aboard the Philadelphia.

 

==Tags==



#26 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.16 @ 20:12 (08:12 PM)

Peter sighed a bit at Kurasa's question. It was a reasonable one....if one hadn't read the latest mission report before embarking.

 

"A short tale to make", he said as he gestured around them, "First Contact went awry because a faction within their government tried to orchestate a coup. They hunted us deep underground and almost got us before we were beamed back here by Crewman Thar's excellent handling of the transporters. Then it turned out that the tremors the planet had been experiencing - which I'm sure had to have been in the report", he couldn't help but add to point out to her that she should have known all of this, and not have to make him sound like the classical storytelling trope "As you know, Bob, then continued: "was the result of an infant crystalline entity beneath the planet's crust. We were then faced with the choice between destroying it, thereby saving the planet and its billions of people, or destroying it and risking a war with the Tholians who seemed to worship it, and who had their sights on us.
The Captain chose the former, and, in my opinion, chose rightly. Now...without further ado", he gestured to the pad just as the Captain's voice came through, and he got there himself.

 

"Acknowledged, Captain. We're good to go", he replied, then looked at the engineering and science teams.

"Once more, I'll signal you when we've ascertained that the LZ is cold", he informed, then looked at the crewman manning the transporter.

"Energize", he said, and placed his hand on the grip of his phaser. He did not draw it, but held it so that he could draw it quickly if needed.



#27 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 1821 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.17 @ 17:28 (05:28 PM)

What is it with this guy sighing at me?

 

Shione was aware that Jensen was new to his position; however, from their very first meeting on the bridge to the pointed questions regarding his inaccurate assumptions, that he had made about a Security NCO's transfer; he was giving her the impression that either she was not welcome or he simply had decided to dislike her.

 

Fortunately, Shione was a more disciplined person and the remarks including the ones about reminding her of 'her place' while quite abrupt; could simply be written off as coming from an officer with the interpersonal skills of a Vulcan or someone trying to appear capable of the new role, he had found himself in or perhaps the reactions were top-down. 

The Captain did not appear to want me on the bridge, was there something more there?

 

During her brief time aboard from the reactions aboard the Jupiter to here she was at least consoled that her own team, including Artemis had actually made her feel welcome,

 

She closed her eyes briefly internalizing her discomfort. This is no place for these thoughts, stay focused!


Edited by LCdr Shione Kurasa, Star Date 22206.17 @ 17:30 (05:30 PM).


#28 Lt K'ehley

Lt K'ehley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.17 @ 21:51 (09:51 PM)

With the typical rate that scientists bumble around when gathering their gear for the rare occasions they were allowed off-ship, K'ehley had assumed that she and her team would be the last to arrive in the Transporter Room to beam down to the surface of Jateran. She was happily surprised to learn that they had still beaten the engineers, although it wasn't long before they arrived as well.
 
While waiting, she gathered that the new security chief had been enquiring about the history that the Philadelphia crew had with the local J'Shashians. The story of the first contact mission was a colourful one but when the newly appointed First Officer concluded it with his assertion that the captain had been right to fire upon, with intent on destroying, the infant Crystalline Entity that had been at the point of emerging from beneath the surface of the planet, K'ehley's mood darkened once again. She had only just been talked off the ledge of quitting Starfleet over the incident, and it didn't take much for her to step back and look over the edge again. It was only the opportunity that the captain had offered to her to investigate and study the Entity, whether dead or alive, that had kept her in this child's uniform.
 
"...was the result of an infant crystalline entity beneath the planet's crust. We were then faced with the choice between destroying it, thereby saving the planet and its billions of people, or destroying it and risking a war with the Tholians who seemed to worship it, and who had their sights on us. The Captain chose the former, and, in my opinion, chose rightly. Now...without further ado"
 
K'ehley's expression darkened at the words as she fumed silently. They had not attempted all options, not at all. If the newly promoted First Officer believed that then he ranked lower in her estimations. Either that or he was just sucking up to his new boss. Either way he appeared no different than any other two dimensional caricature of what her own people would expect from a warrior class. Yet even a good Klingon warrior understood guile and tactics, and the wisdom of having all the information available in the field of battle, while Jensen had yet to prove to her that he had those abilities. 
 
The Klingon scientist kept her thoughts to herself, and played on the expectation that Klingons always looked broody to cover her annoyance. She just hoped that her team, and the engineers, would be allowed to do their jobs properly by their minders and the locals.
 
She would find out soon enough, as Lieutenant Hydish and his own team arrived, Lieutenant Commander Jensen gave the order to beam the Away Team down to the planet.
 
K'ehley glanced around the faces on the transporter pads as she waited for the familiar sensation of the transporter effect to take hold and scramble and disassemble her atoms. In a moment, she knew, she would be breathing the air of a planet once again, something to look forward to after all.
 
>> Jateran Excavation Site >>

Edited by Lt K'ehley, Star Date 22206.17 @ 21:53 (09:53 PM).


#29 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

    Member

  • NRC
  • Pip
  • 1821 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.19 @ 21:06 (09:06 PM)

A voice came clearly over the room's comm. system.

 

[Kurasa to Transporter room.

 

The First Officer is speaking with the J'Shashian representative to assure our safety; but in the meantime, the air temperature here is close to one hundred degrees Fahrenheit and the sun has barely risen, so protective gear and hydration will definitely be a must, for us all Kurasa over.]


Edited by LCdr Shione Kurasa, Star Date 22206.19 @ 21:14 (09:14 PM).


#30 GM-18

GM-18

    Member

  • Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1401 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22206.23 @ 22:52 (10:52 PM)

==CMA T'Shev - Transporter Operator==

 

Unlike most Vulcans, T'Shev was what most people would call "irritable". Logic had failed to guide her to the destination her parents had set out for her, her betrothed had deemed it more logical to pursue his own studies than go through with an arranged marriage with a woman who had, to quote him directly, "no prospects for advancement", and Star Fleet had so far proven a disappointment. When the communication from the Chief of Security came in, she simply sighed and shook her head; the warm-weather equipment had just arrived from the Cargo Bay, did the Commander not think the crew knew how to plan.

 

Rather than voice her irritation, she simply sent an acknowledgement ping and went back to monitoring the two current Away Team members in case they needed pulling out in a hurry.



#31 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

    Member

  • First Officers
  • Pip
  • 693 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.24 @ 20:39 (08:39 PM)

Peter's voice rang through the room:

[Jensen to Transporter Room. We're ready for you to transport down at your convenience. Bear in mind that the temperature is.....quite hot]



#32 Lt K'ehley

Lt K'ehley

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.24 @ 21:14 (09:14 PM)

Lieutenant K'ehley sighed. It seemed she would have to wait a few moments longer before she and the rest of the Away Team could be beamed down to Jateran. 
 
Going on ahead, the First Officer and Chief of Security were beamed down first to check that the beaming site was secure. A minute later the voice of the Chief informed them that the team would need environmental suits before beaming down. She didn't sigh at this news, it was something to be expected, and was well trained for in such circumstances.
 
"Okay, let's suit up then." she said to her two department members, with a wider glance to the others as well.
 
The staff in the Transporter Room were already bringing suits in for each of the team, and handed them out accordingly.
 
It took a few more minutes but eventually she and they were ready again. 
 
In perfect timing, the comm channel opened again, this time with the voice of the First Officer.
 
[Jensen to Transporter Room. We're ready for you to transport down at your convenience. Bear in mind that the temperature is.....quite hot]
 
K'ehley looked around the group. Her staff were ready. She looked to the engineers.
 
"Lieutenant Hydish? Are you and your team ready?"
 
Once he indicated that they were, K'ehley spoke to the transporter chief.
 
"Very well, T'shev, beam us down."
 
== Forgive the slight borrowing to get us under way ==


#33 Lt Altairi Hydish

Lt Altairi Hydish

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 278 posts
  • Chief Engineer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.25 @ 02:10 (02:10 AM)

Still in the middle of fiddling with his PADD, the Ktarian's head shook and jolted up when an update from the first officer blasted from the intercoms.

 

[Jensen to Transporter Room. We're ready for you to transport down at your convenience. Bear in mind that the temperature is.....quite hot]

 

Oh goodie... He hurriedly concluded his initial draft, topped off with a final one of the Philadelphia's cutting rigs. The chief's head, yet again, darted upward from the screen of the PADD. His eyes found the face of Lieutenant K'ehley, clumsily and distractedly.

 

"Lieutenant Hydish? Are you and your team ready?"

 

Altairi nodded rapidly, not quite able to manage a coherent sentence.

 

As he lapsed into a more panicked train of thought, the Ktarian's petit, trembling body began to disintegrate.



#34 Lt. Emily Sloane

Lt. Emily Sloane

    Member

  • Player Account
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • U.S.S Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.26 @ 12:09 (12:09 PM)

[Kurasa to Transporter room. The First Officer is speaking with the J'Shashian representative to assure our safety; but in the meantime, the air temperature here is close to one hundred degrees Fahrenheit and the sun has barely risen, so protective gear and hydration will definitely be a must, for us all Kurasa over.]

 
Well thats to be expected, hopefully it doesn't get any hotter...
 
Other members of the crew entered the transporter room alongside a few crates, inside which were EV Suits. They would come in handy on the surface at any rate, and hopefully would keep out the worst of the heat. Now fully suited up, she could only wait for the order to beam down.
 

[Jensen to Transporter Room. We're ready for you to transport down at your convenience. Bear in mind that the temperature is.....quite hot]

 
Finally!
 
Sloane stepped onto the transporter pad with Hydish and the rest of the engineering team and once the order was given, dematerialised along with the rest of them.
 
>>> Excavation Site >>>