#1 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 1522 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.24 @ 04:04 (04:04 AM)

== Agarn's Restaurant and Bar, Star Base Alpha

Voted #1 Ferengi Buffet in Star Base Alpha Weekly's 2420 Reader's Poll. ==

Adaran stopped in the corridor just outside Agarn's and glanced into the large room. From what s/he could see from there, it was a typical sort of place, not very different from other restaurants and bars on the base. S/he'd never actually been in the restaurant before. S/he'd made the reservation for tonight's party over the hypernet on the recommendation of other officers s/he'd asked. All said the food was very good.

Stepping through the door, s/he got a better view of the establishment. To one side there was a dining area, well-lit with booths and tables. Along one wall was a row of two buffet sections, one with Ferengi food and the other with more standard fare.

The other side of the establishment featured the bar section, dimly-lit with wooden tables and a dabo wheel placed prominently in the middle. In-between the two sides, separating them, was an oval-shaped counter, behind which several employees stood, dispensing drinks and serving customers. Both sides of the room were about three-quarters full. The decor was a mix of reds and grays, with a few pale yellows thrown in for accent.

As s/he stood looking the place over, a nicely-dressed Ferengi walked up to her.

"Good evening, ma'am," he said. "I'm Agarn. Can I help you?"

S/he frowned when he called hir "ma'am."

"Yeah, I had a reservation for a party," s/he replied. "Adaran is the name. Captain Adaran." S/he emphasized the rank so he might get the hint to call hir by that instead of "ma'am."

Agarn pulled a small hand-held padd from his pocket and tapped at it. "Ah, yes," he said, smiling widely. "I see you booked the James Kirk room. Right this way please."

He started through the restaurant section, and s/he followed as he led her towards the back and through an open double doorway. S/he found hirself inside a large room decorated much the same way as the rest of the establishment. A long table sat in the center, with chairs placed around it. The table was set with plates, glasses and silverware.

S/he noticed that it didn't have the holiday decorations s/he'd requested. Instead, there was a banner hung on the wall. It read: "Happy Birthday, Dave Dimble." S/he frowned again.

"Uh, I think there's some mistake," s/he told Agarn, pointing towards the banner.

He glanced at it and frowned in confusion. "You aren't the Dave Dimble party?" he asked.

"No," s/he said. "Adaran. Adaran is the name. Captain Adaran."

Agarn glanced at his padd again, tapping at it some more. "Oh, I see what happened," he told hir. "My staff got it mixed up. The Dave Dimble party is tomorrow."

"What about the holiday decorations I asked for?" s/he said.

"We'll get those right away," Agarn replied. "It won't take a minute to switch things around. Apparently my staff can't read. You just can't get good help these days. A thousand apologies. Excuse me while I go fire someone." He started to turn then stopped. "Wait, I have a better idea. I'll have them switch out the decorations first, and then I'll fire them."

Adaran glanced at him cautiously. "Um, okay," s/he said. "I guess."

S/he raised an eyebrow. "And what about the special event that I requested?" s/he asked. "Is that going to be a problem."

"Oh, no, not at all," Agarn replied. "Don't worry about anything. We weren't voted Star Base Alpha Weekly's #1 Special Event Spot in 2419 for nothing. I'll be right back, ma'am," he said, and he hurried out of the room.

S/he frowned.

== They have other food beside Ferengi. Tag to all. ==

#2 Lt Nira Said

Lt Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Discord:multificionado#6903
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo CR-75250

Posted Star Date 22111.24 @ 15:00 (03:00 PM)

Nira was surprised at Captain Adaran's invitation to Agarn's bar. A Ferengi buffet? The last time she was at a Ferengi buffet, she and Shiarra were technically keeping eyes out for suspiciousness, then following some shady Ferengi, then to a cargo bay where their ringleader, a Bajoran pirate, held her captive, blew a hole through her arm, and when she tried to defend herself, the hole caused her arm to give way and detach.

However, she recognized that this was merely duty. Here, this was an actual party. A party they were invited to. She wasn't part of a diplomatic party. It was a time to let loose. And for once get out of uniform.

Given the Geronimo was a small enough starship to dock in a bay, Nira had her own room at Starbase Alpha now. But she spent her time since returning from the Taka Mura adventure to acclimate as a deputy of two departments, Security and Tactical. When she wasn't on duty, she was exercising, both in dance and combat. Especially on her shoulder where her arm ripped from her socket. The equipment Doctor Tahn gave her to strengthen the arm helped especially. In fact, she rigorously kept up their usages, given her fear of it falling off again. Every so often, she would drop by Starbase Alpha's infirmary to check how her arm was doing. She may have been looking like a hypochondriac doing that, but ever since a metal bug landed on her shoulder, with a bite that rendered a Mirak's arm momentarily numb, she was determined to ensure it remained on.

Now was a good chance to let loose, something she never was able to in a long time. In fact, she didn't remember attending a party, let alone letting loose, since she graduated from the Academy. She had replicated the best possible dress, something fit for an Arabian princess, and went to Agarn's.

She was met first by a waiter and she informed him she was part of Captain Adaran's party, after which she was guided to a room where, upon the door opening, she almost collided with a harried Ferengi. She looked at him, wondering what was wrong, and when she stepped in, she wondered what was wrong with the room. The only way she knew she was in the right place was that Captain Adaran was there. But the decorations...

"Hello, Captain," she said. "Or...is it Adaran, when off-duty? Uh, I don't think we know a... 'Dave DImble,' do we?" she asked, looking at the banner.

==Tag==

#3 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.24 @ 16:37 (04:37 PM)

Jen had received the party invitation on one of the night Allegra had stayed over in her Star Base Alpha quarters. And being the ever curious journalist she was, invited herself along for the ride especially as she wasn’t one to turn down a party invitation. Jen wasn’t sure of any plus one accommodation in place, but the blond also knew Allegra wouldn’t take a “no” from her.

On the day in question, Jen had still been questioning what her attire would be as Allegra already seemed to be sure of what she was going to wear. Her uniform most likely wouldn’t have been appropriate, for the fact it was a party for a pretty small crew. They’d obviously see each other in uniform on a daily basis in close quarters. It would be better to get to know each other better in a more casual environment, without a primary focus on things such as rank.

It's not like Allegra has anything to worry about. There’s no expectations for her, unless she sets them for herself. Unless she tries to go over the top and settle for marking me off-limits and making everyone jealous. Luckily, that’s not her way.

Not wanting to make much of a splash, Jen opted for something comfortable. A pair of jeans and white decollete blouse seemed more than enough. It’s not like she planned on turning any heads during the party. As the door to the other room opened, Allegra was sporting a blue-green sundress that made her look gorgeous, but not overly so. They had just enough time to reach Agarn’s without actually being late.

Upon their arrival, Jen couldn’t help but wonder if a practical joke had been played on her. This didn’t seem like the kind of establishment she presumed anyone from Star Fleet would opt to have some kind of party at. Allegra even seemed to pick up on that unsureness from her, as she playfully jibed her.

“Are you sure you got the right place? This doesn’t look at all like what you promised me. Aren’t you supposed to be the brilliant detective over there?”

Considering how much they always picked on each other, Jen knew how to respond in kind. Sometimes they were even in sync well enough, that to the outside eye it could sometimes look like they were actually having an argument. This was not one of those times, however, as Jen smirked in response to the playful attack.

“Coming from the investigative reporter, that’s rich.”

Just as Allegra gave a mocking gasp, the duo was given directions to the James Kirk room, where the party was being held. It sounded Star Fleet enough, considering it was named after one of the most famous captains in the fleet. However, when they entered the room the prominent banner that was wishing Dave Dimble a ‘Happy Birthday’ was on display. With this, Allegra couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“I hate to break it to you, babe, but I think you’ve been punked.”

== Tags ==

#4 Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • Discord:voltaic#4173
  • Acting Chief Science Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.25 @ 06:05 (06:05 AM)

“Computer, replicate a tunic. 100 cm long. Black, gold detail, with matching pants.”

The star base replicator hummed to life, fabricating the garment in a flash. Arwen pulled the tunic over his head, enjoying the warmth of the freshly replicated fabric.

“Activate mirror,” Arwen said as he stepped into the pants. A holographic reflection of him sprung to life in his quarters.

“Don’t you have that tunic already?” Came Lumis’s voice from the bathroom. He was busily styling his short platinum blond hair.

Had one,” Arwen replied, admiring the fit. “On the Yoritomo.”

It was a surprisingly accurate recreation of the Trill garment, similar to a kurta worn in the Southeast Asia region of Earth. It was precisely tailored to his specifications, cut asymmetrically near his knee.

“Oh, I didn’t realize,” Lumis stammered, walking through the intangible mirror to look Arwen in the eye. “I’m sorry.”

Arwen looked down. The closeness felt familiar and yet foreign.

“It’s fine, everyone’s alright,” Arwen said, willing his features into something approximating a casual smile. “And I’m on the Geronimo now.”

“With Captain Adaran, the kickass Hermat,” Lumis said, reciting from their conversations over the past several days. “And Commander Sothrick, the hunky Vulcan. Are you sure it’s alright if I crash the party?”

“It’s a small ship,” Arwen replied, inwardly wondering if he’d said too much about his crewmates. “They’ll be happy to see someone new. Besides, I think Keir brought hir partner to the last party.”

“Alright, as long as I’m not going to get you in trouble.” Lumis replied with a devilish grin. Arwen gave him a playful shove. They were flirting again.

Arwen allowed himself to steal a quick glance at Lumis. He looked sharp in a white button-down with a star-shaped collar.

“Is your symbiont still bothering you?” He asked, trying to break the tension.

“Nah, I haven’t felt it since I got here.” Lumis replied, rubbing a scar through his shirt.

“Good, let me know if that changes.” Arwen said, turning toward the door.

What am I doing? He thought.

The corridors of Star Base Alpha were crowded. It was primarily a military base, but the tone was much more casual during the night shift. The restaurants and holosuites were buzzing with activity, such that Arwen and Lumis had to stand close to hear each other. It reminded him of a trip they’d taken to Tycho City some years ago.

After some time, they arrived at Agarn’s Restaurant and Bar and approached the James Kirk room. There were two people he didn’t recognize standing in the doorway, one human in a flowing blouse and her companion in a greenish sundress. Arwen looked over their head and saw a banner hanging from the back wall that raised more questions than answers.

“Sorry,” Arwen said. “Are you here for Dave Dimble? We’re looking for the Geronimo crew party.”

“Unless the crew party is serving synthale, in which case we’re here for Dave,” Lumis added with a mischievous glint in his eye.

== Tag all, especially our new midshipman ==

#5 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.25 @ 18:42 (06:42 PM)

“Sorry,” Arwen said. “Are you here for Dave Dimble? We’re looking for the Geronimo crew party.”

The question Jen heard being asked made her feel a bit better. If the crew party she’d been invited to was nothing but an elaborate prank, then it would appear that she wasn’t the only one who’d fallen victim. At least one other was in the same boat as her, although she didn’t know if they were as green as she was. Then another voice piped up.

“Unless the crew party is serving synthale, in which case we’re here for Dave.”

The blond wasn’t sure what to think about that comment. However, before she could even think about any kind of response, her girlfriend seemed to be on top of things. Allegra was the more outgoing of the two of them, after all. Had it not been for the latina’s own actions their relationship would’ve never seen the light of day.

“This gorgeous young lady also happens to be looking for the crew party. I, on the other hand, just go where the free booze is located.”

Allegra appeared to be very proud of her statement, and Jen rolled her eyes at it which luckily weren’t seen as she hadn’t turned around like the brunette did. Mostly because she was still trying to figure out whether or not the crew party was in fact real. So far the only thing that led credence to it was a newcomer, who seemed to be as confused about the situation as she was.

“Although, just between you and me I wouldn’t be surprised if they water their drinks down here. Never put anything past a Ferengi. I’d be willing to bet their whole award of being the best buffet was bought and paid for. Allegra Compton, future top journalist of the FNN.”

If anything, Allegra was the more confident of the two as she offered her hand towards the two Trill. Noticing that Jen still hadn’t turned around, she playfully kicked her with her right foot. As she turned around, the blond ever so momentarily glared at the light of her world. Obviously the two of them knew it didn’t mean anything, and they never had reached the limit of how far they could go either. As Jen finally looked towards Arwen and Lumis, she had a bit of an apologetic look on her face.

“I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s confused about what’s happening here. So I’m sorry, if I was a little unfriendly while I was trying to figure it all out. I’m Jennifer Danvers, and I was just assigned to the Geronimo within the last week. I was starting to think this was some kind of hazing process, but if you’re also looking for the same party, then I guess that’s not a thing. Right?”

== Taggles ==

#6 Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Discord:Vexxing One#6070
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.26 @ 23:34 (11:34 PM)

<< Last Post: Quarters <<

The young Trill walked along the Promenade with her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She was walking slower then she normally did, she was still dreading the potential encounter with the Ferengi. She knew it made little sense, not to mention that she would have her crewmates there on the slim chance that anything happened.

Stop it! You’re here for a good time… and these Ferengi are not going to interfere with that. Just avoid them if you can.

As she neared the restaurant, she saw a few of her crewmates and a banner about a birthday party for someone named Dave. This perplexed the young Security Officer, as the only crewmember with a name resembling Dave was Petty Officer Davis.

“Did.. they double book the room?” inquired Qu as she approached the assembled Geronimo crew.

==Tag to anyone!==

#7 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 01:29 (01:29 AM)

No one seemed to have a firm grasp with what was actually going on inside the James Kirk room. With more people being just as confused, Jen couldn’t help but wonder if it was a fault of the Ferengi. It was generally a stereotype, but one that seemed awfully true, that they would do whatever they could just to maximize their latinum profits.

Another member of the Geronimo crew, at least that’s what the blond assumed, entered the room seeming just as unsure about what was going on. From an initial appearance, Jen wondered if they were actually comfortable about being here, more than they were concerned about who had booked the room.

I’ve never known someone to specifically wear a hoodie anything when they actually want to be somewhere. Is she purposely forcing herself to be here?

Allegra seemed to pick up on it as well, as Jen hadn’t initially seen her start heading towards the newcomer. Was this yet another attempt to mess with Jen, in a public setting no less? Despite how chaotic Allegra could be, this didn’t seem to be one of those times. Sure she was the flirtier of the two of them, but she also was more caring and outgoing. Perhaps it happened to be thanks to all the charisma she needed to be a journalist.

The Latina was eventually standing next to Qu’tha just as casually as she could be. While Allegra typically had a good reading on people, there had been times she’d been dead wrong. If she approached the situation in a wrong way, it could only make the situation for the other person worse, and they’ll end up unreceptive.

“I wouldn’t ever put anything like that against the Ferengi, if they knew they could profit off it. If you don’t mind me saying, you don’t seem like you’d be too bothered if the crew party wasn’t here at all.”

Her hazel eyes are half focused on the Trill, and the other half on her girlfriend Jen. Allegra knew Jen might be worried that all of this was just an act on her part to mess with her, but the brunette couldn’t help but feel like something wasn’t exactly perfect with the woman beside her. And even while there was a hint of flirtatiousness in her voice, it also held a primary friendliness to it. Allegra’s attempt at extending an olive branch, so to speak.

== Tag ==

#8 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 1522 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 03:57 (03:57 AM)

== I forgot to mention in my first post that Adaran would be wearing hir usual black shirt and brown pants when off-duty. ==

Adaran sighed as Agarn left the room, almost bumping into Said, who was the first of the crew to arrive. Said looked a bit confused.

"Hello, Captain," she said. "Or...is it Adaran, when off-duty? Uh, I don't think we know a... 'Dave Dimble,' do we?"

"Eh," replied Adaran, glancing at the banner, "they seem to have confused the days. I just hope that's the only glitch tonight."

S/he turned back to Said. "And if you're comfortable calling me Adaran, I won't mind," s/he added. "Not everyone is though."

At that point, others began to show up in the room, and very quickly a crowd of five stood near the door, three of which s/he recognized. They all seemed confused as well.

Suddenly, Agarn appeared again, shooing everyone away from the door area. "Make way, people. Make way, please. Thank you!" he said.

Following behind him were two of his staff carrying in a green evergreen tree, which they quickly proceeded to set-up in a corner of the room. Another worked followed with a box of holiday decorations, and a fourth sheepishly followed behind them. Agarn looked at the last employee, a young human man, and pointed to the sign with a raised brow.

"That's tomorrow's party," he told the man. "Take it down and roll it up." He made circular motions with one of his hands.

The man nodded and grabbed a chair, standing on it to reach the banner. The other workers quickly began pulling out decorations from the box. Some they started to put on the tree, while others they began placing around the room.

Agarn approached Adaran. "We'll have it all redecorated in a jiffy," he told hir. He then tapped at his cheek. "Now am I forgetting anything?" he asked.

"The bar?" Adaran said, hinting.

"Ah, yes," said Agarn. "Coming right up!" And he turned and headed back out of the room.

#9 Cdr Sothrick

Cdr Sothrick

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1951 posts
  • First Officer / Chief of Security
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 04:25 (04:25 AM)

Sothrick was planning to wait for his wife and with her prodding changed out of his normal uniform which he usually  wore to these things but now he stood awaiting his wife to meet him. He was donned in a black Vulcan robes with gray trim.

As he neared the bar as the invitation had said would be he noticed the small group that had formed at the door and noted the confusion they seem to be having.

As he neared the door he could see why but a crew seemed to be quickly changing the decorations.

"Captain, are we...early?" He said. 

#10 Lt Nira Said

Lt Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo CR-75250

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 13:45 (01:45 PM)

"I won't mind, Adaran," said Nira. "And I can see there's some confusion going around."

She stepped out of the way for the Ferengi staff and saw more of the ship's crew arriving. She was glad to see Qu, glad she was doing okay after the away mission. She then saw Arwen Qi and potentially a friend of his. She still didn't know what to make of him or whether she would talk to him, not without butting heads about their preferred scruples. She then noticed a new crewmember, and she remembered having a PADD with her information, that she was part of the Security department.

"Ah, you must be Midshipman Danvers," she said. "Or rather, Jennifer, we're off-duty after all. Welcome to the crew. Sorry we're a bit confused here."

She looked around and suddenly saw Commander (Mister) Sothrick enter and inquiring earliness. "Not at all," she said. "There seems to be some mix-up. Apparently the room we booked was prepared for a birthday party for one Dave Dimble."

==Tag all=

#11 Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 19:02 (07:02 PM)

There was a pair of women that she did not recognize with the assembled crew of the Geronimo. It was then that she recalled that a new Officer transferred to the Security department. She didn’t have much time to look over the new crew member’s bio, but did recall that she had just graduated from the academy.

What was the name… Danvers, I think… yeah.. that sounds about right.

One of the two women left the assembled group and approached Qu’tha. She wore a blue-green - almost turquoise – sundress. “I wouldn’t ever put anything like that against the Ferengi, if they knew they could profit off it,” the unknown woman said.

Thats an understatement.. the greedy scumbags.

The woman continued, “If you don’t mind me saying, you don’t seem like you’d be too bothered if the crew party wasn’t here at all.”

Qu’tha looked at the woman, she was rather direct for someone she had just met. Although, she was partially right; the fact that this was a Ferengi establishment did bring back some bad memories of her first encounter with a Ferengi. It may have only been one time, but she still felt dirty every time she thought of it.

The blond Trill suppressed the sudden urge to shudder and simply replied, “Let’s just say… I am not the biggest fan of Ferengi.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, opening them on exhale, “Aside from that, I have no issues being here.

From just a head, she overheard the Captain speaking with a Ferengi, obviously the one in charge, about the mix up. Qu bit her lip as more large lobed vermin – at least in her mind – passed by setting up a more festive scene instead of a birthday party for some unknown person.

As the Ferengi whizzed by, she could see Nira speaking with the other unfamiliar woman. She could just make out that the other newcomer was in fact the new member of Security. This did bring up a question though… who was this woman?

Pulling her hands out from the hoodie’s pockets, she put on a smile, “I’m JayGee Qu’tha Viral of the Geronimo, and you are…?”

==Taggles!!==

Edited by Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral, Star Date 22111.27 @ 19:04 (07:04 PM).

#12 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 22:03 (10:03 PM)

Jen was somewhat shooed out of the way by one of the Ferengi, as they were bringing in evergreen tree into the room. It seemed the reason behind everyone’s confusion was being resolved, as it appeared that whoever was running the establishment seemed to have gotten their parties for the various days mixed up. Almost impossible for a restaurant and bar that was voted number one to be though to happen.

Allegra might not be too far off with assuming the award was simply bought and paid for. If I didn’t know she hadn’t been here before, it would almost seem like she never everything before coming. As it stands, it’s just one of those safe bet guesses.

"Ah, you must be Midshipman Danvers," the newcomer said. "Or rather, Jennifer, we're off-duty after all. Welcome to the crew. Sorry we're a bit confused here."

Jen hadn’t really noticed the other woman approach. Perhaps she’d been a little too focused in her own little world. What she hadn’t expected was for who she was to truly be known. The only reasonable explanation was that someone had already read her record with her being assigned. That most likely meant the person speaking to her was either another security officer, or one of the command-level officers. There would be little reason for anyone else to look her up before and.

“Yeah, Jennifer sounds fine.”

The unknown woman then turned her attention to someone else, a Vulcan wearing black robes. Jen didn’t truly know who any of these people were, as she hadn’t yet taken the time to properly study up on the personnel she’d be serving with. For all she knew the woman that had just spoken to her was the captain, but she didn’t have any way of immediately knowing.

Perhaps I should’ve brought my glasses. At least then I’d have been able to pull up a crew manifest on the fly. Instead, I’m flying blind. Perhaps if I hang around this particular group, I’ll learn some I can actually use.

== Allegra Compton ==

“Let’s just say… I am not the biggest fan of Ferengi.”

That was something Allegra couldn’t argue with a whole lot. Having interviewed one or two of them in the past, they never seemed to stay on track for what the actual interview was about. It made her job a living hell sometimes, especially as a junior journalist she couldn’t necessarily say ‘no’ when she was given those assignments.

So, she doesn’t like Ferengi, but doesn’t have a problem being here. Is it possible I misjudged her outward appearance? I can’t believe that’s the case simply because that means I’m starting to slip up, and that’s not something I could ever live with.

“I’m JayGee Qu’tha Viral of the Geronimo, and you are…?”

It seemed her non-Star Fleet-ness was finally caught. Not like Allegra ever expected to be recognized in public after all. It would be pretty unrealistic for a journalist who’d only been in the business for about four years to be visually recognized when a good deal of her work was in print. Not that Allegra ever wanted to be one of the promotional faces for the FNN. She even genuinely returned the smile the security officer was offering her.

“Allegra Compton, journalist of the FNN. Nice to meet you Qu’tha, and don’t worry everything tonight is off the record. I’m just here to support my girlfriend, who was just assigned to the Geronimo, and possibly get to know the people she’s serving with. I might’ve completely missed the mark, but you seem like you could’ve used some company, or at the very least a friend.”

== Tags ==

#13 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.27 @ 23:35 (11:35 PM)

Balamuni was excited when she heard of the party she couldn’t wait. She to have some fun. She couldn’t wait to find her sister. She was curious to see if she could get the old man to dance.

Balamuni was making her way to the Ferengi Restaurant when she spotted the Captain engaging a Ferengi that she took to be the owner of Agarn’s Restaurant and Bar. Ferengi always made her feel a bit uncomfortable. Balamuni couldn’t understand a species that placed profit above everything. Oh, she could understand benefits and privileges for one’s family and or species, but not at the expense of others. Not to mention the way they treat females.

Balamuni entered she saw wooden tables and a Dabo Wheel in the middle, a game that Karuth never fully understood. She noticed an oval-shaped counter, behind the counter were several people she assumed were employees, as they were serving drinks and taking care of customers. The decor was a bit harsh, with reds, grays, and light yellows Both sides were three-quarters full.

Balamuni heard the Ferengi mention the James Kirk Room, she followed the Captain and the Ferengi to the James Kirk Room. She was surprised, she saw the old man, he was dressed in black Vulcan robes with gray trim. She looked around for her sister. The Captain blocked his view of her, she managed to slip behind him and tap him on the shoulder.

“Old Man, where is my sister?” She said, her tone playful and affectionate.

== Tag Commander Sothrick. ==

#14 Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.28 @ 08:16 (08:16 AM)

“Although, just between you and me I wouldn’t be surprised if they water their drinks down here. Never put anything past a Ferengi. I’d be willing to bet their whole award of being the best buffet was bought and paid for. Allegra Compton, future top journalist of the FNN.”

Lumis raised his blond eyebrows as he shook Allegra’s extended hand. He had been worried that the crew party would be full of stuffy Star Fleet types, but this woman seemed very interesting indeed.

“Ah, so you’re a drag-along too.” Lumis joked. Arwen shot him a suspicious look.

“I’m Arwen Qi, Acting Chief Science Officer,” he said, shaking Allegra’s hand next. “This ‘drag along’ is Lumis Mara.”

The air in the room went cold for a fraction of a second. How could he have forgotten?

“Sorry,” he added, quickly correcting his mistake. “Lumis Kel. Anyway, I’m sure the invitation said the James Kirk room…”

“I’m Jennifer Danvers, and I was just assigned to the Geronimo within the last week. I was starting to think this was some kind of hazing process, but if you’re also looking for the same party, then I guess that’s not a thing. Right?”

“It’s a small ship, but you’ll fit right in. Don’t mind Commander Sothrick, he’s actually a big softie,” Arwen said, keeping his voice low. By now there was a commotion with the bar staff hustling back and forth to fix their apparent error.

Just then, two familiar figures — Lieutenants Viral and Said — approached from opposite sides. The blonde half-Trill joined the group and quickly introduced herself to new midshipman and her partner.

“Qu!” Arwen shouted, clapping his friend on the shoulder. “Good to see you again.” His gaze lingered on Lt. Said. Their last interaction had been tense, and they hadn’t spoken since the end of their last mission.

“I doubt the captain would want us to gather in the doorway,” Arwen said, now convinced that they were in the right place. “Let’s go inside and see what s/he has prepared.”

== Tag all! ==

#15 Mid Jukish Keti

Mid Jukish Keti

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Science Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250

Posted Star Date 22111.28 @ 20:24 (08:24 PM)

Itg was the first time that Keti was invited to a crew party, and he wanted to do it right. This was a happy time for everyone, and he was perfecting his smile. Evn thouogh he had done it more in the last few years than his whole life, it was something that did not come easy for him. Now it was the time to really come out of the shell, and he was doing it in a big way. He definatly stood out above the croud, and felt bad about being a bad officer up until this point. 

Now things were going to be different, and it all was going to start with this party and hopefully he would be forgiven by the one person who he didn't want to let down. He was a Trill with a name he would have sworn belonged to a women. This was something that he had to leave in the past, and right now he just wanted to quietly observe people.

#16 Lt Keir77

Lt Keir77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 458 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.28 @ 23:57 (11:57 PM)

Keir was as always pleased to attend an Adaran party. S/he never failed to come up with wonderful wacky and sometimes dangerous gatherings although with this locale the danger was likely to be in the so-called culinary delights that a Ferengi would produce,

"Thank the stars that Hermat have sturdy digestive systems;" s/he quipped to hir girlfriend Samantha. Towering well over Keir's head the long-legged curvy redhead was always a favourite of the male crew members especially when wearing a short elf skirt, while Keir had chosen a slit dress; but hir shorter legs would likely attract less attention than Sam's anyway.  "Relax Keir at least we won't have any Pirates or Byakhee at this one, but I suppose we could be raided like that one on Andoria."

Sam had been aboard the Columbia which was where Keir had joined the crew replacing the tall Texan Chief Engineer.

As they entered the room it appeared that most of the crew were already present. She didn't see the FO's mate nor Tess, but there were two tasty looking new females. "That must be the new Security Middie. isn't she a cutie?"

Keir grinned; Samantha loved to flirt but they were both locked in a solid relationship and as such s/he was comfortable enough to not get worked up besides; "I think she brought her own aperitif." S/he offered.

As they passed the Captain "Congratulations Adaran I see we are keeping up our standing as having the best-looking crew in the fleet. I talked Sam out of bringing her phaser, hopefully I won't regret that?"

The Engineer paused to give the CO time to offer one of hir traditional noncommittal replies before making a beeline for the two newbies.

While not being rude s/he made no secret of hir admiration for the newcomers and greeted the new officer. "Welcome to the Geronimo Jennifer I am Keir and this lovely lady is my girl, Samantha; won't you introduce us to your lady friend?"

Assuming Jen was observant and had done her research on the crew; she would realize by the brief sight of Keir's sharp looking canines that s/he was likely a Hermat, just as was the Captain. 

Looking around s/he realized that hir other Engineer had not yet arrived, which would account for the slightly lost look on the First officer's face, but s/he greeted him with a smile before a more robust grin for Balamuni who wouldn't at be put out by the Chief Engineer's fangs.

==I know I missed some folks but I did make a start

Specific tags for Adaran, Jen, Bala and Sothrick, but all welcome==

Edited by Lt Keir77, Star Date 22111.29 @ 00:04 (12:04 AM).

#17 Lt. Arwen Tahn

Lt. Arwen Tahn

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Geronimo,CR,75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.29 @ 04:57 (04:57 AM)

Arwen got to the party and she knew that her arrival was a little on the late side, it was mostly because originally Arwen didn't want to go at all. In the end Arwen decided it would be a better idea for her to go, and really be part of the crew, and there was a lot of work for her to do. One of the biggest things she started with was her gloves, she had to embrace the fact that Arwen had cold hands. 

It was almost like she had a safety blanket, but it was really putting people off. It rally gave her a little bit of tension, but she really needed to get over it. Now here she was in th room with the whole crew, and the only thing that made her feel a little timid was the fact she was short. Now here she was, and attempting to enjoy every second of it. It was completly out  of hr element, but that was not going to keep Arwn from having a good time.

#18 Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.29 @ 09:49 (09:49 AM)

“Allegra Compton, journalist of the FNN.” The woman introduced herself, “Nice to meet you Qu’tha, and don’t worry everything tonight is off the record. I’m just here to support my girlfriend, who just was assigned to the Geronimo, and possibly get to know the people she’s serving with.”

That did make a bit of sense, as if she and Tess served aboard different ships she’d want to know a bit more about Tess’ crewmates. Still, the whole notion that Allegra was a reporter for the FNN, did put Qu slightly on edge. Just because she mentioned that everything tonight was off the record, didn’t mean she wouldn’t report about it. History has proven that reporters don’t always adhere to the on/off record when it comers to a scoop.

Allegra continued, “I might’ve completely missed the mark, but you seem like you could’ve used some company, or at the very least a friend.”

Did... she really look that uncomfortable? That out of sorts?  Sure, she didn’t want to be around the Ferengi, but... she didn’t think that she looked that out uncomfortable. Maybe the whole ‘journalistic instincts’ thing was more then just dumb luck.

The young Security Officer shrugged, “Never been one to have many…”

Before she had a chance to finish her sentence came a shout from behind her, “Qu!” followed by a clap on the shoulder. Turning her head, she saw the face of Qi, “Good to see you again!”

Half turning to face her friend, Qu put on a rare smile, “Yeah, feels likes its been ages… did we lock you in the Science labs?” She said with a mischievous grin.

“I doubt the Captain would want us to gather in the doorway,” Continued Qi,  “lets go inside and see what she has prepared.”

The blond trill giggled despite herself, “But the doorway is so… majestic.” She turned to face Allegra, “Allegra, this is QI, Acting Chief Science Officer for the Geronimo. Qi, this is Allegra, our newest crew mates girlfriend.”

After she had introduced the pair, Qu looked into the room the Ferengi were preparing, “Looks like something Christmas themed, if I am remembering my Earth holidays right…” Qu looked over to the Allegra, “The Captain likes to keep us on our toes in these get togethers… should be a lot of fun. The Ferengi aside.”

Good thing she is off duty… hope she keeps to the whole off the record thing!

With a smirk, Qu said to Qi, “Just... no tequila this time.”

==Taggles!!==

#19 Lt Nira Said

Lt Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo CR-75250

Posted Star Date 22111.29 @ 14:21 (02:21 PM)

"Oh, apologies for not introducing myself," said Nira to Danvers and Ms Compton. "I'm Nira Said, Security Deputy. Our Chief of Security is also our First Officer. Don't be surprised if it's a double position, the Geronimo is a small ship. If you haven't seen it already, well, you'll see how small it is."

She was interested in the fact that Danvers' friend is a journalist. Then she looked around at Qu and noticed a fellow Trill approaching. One that Nira has clashed with in regards to opinions and life-and-death positional scruples. Arwen Qi. Nira wasn't sure she took to him yet. Considering that she, along with members of Tactical, had rigged a torpedo to blow in a hostile unknown ship to save Geronimo, naturally they had differing opinions.She wouldn't trust any scientifically curious anybody to be in charge of a ship during a hostile situation. She ducked out somewhat and met yet another Trill named Arwen, one she definitely meant to see.

"Ah. Doctor Tahn!" she said. "Good to see you. Just wanted to let you know your techniques for my arm really helped. I had to admit, though, our last away mission, I was worried...given the bite of one bug can render momentary numbness, I was scared that even one bite in the right place would undo everything connecting my new arm and it would fall off again." And she put a hand on her shoulder, where she lost it before, to indicate.

==Tag==

#20 LCdr S'hiarra Sothrick {Kurasa}

LCdr S'hiarra Sothrick {Kurasa}

• NRC
  • Pip
  • 649 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 00:09 (12:09 AM)

She was late she knew that but the contact from her Father had been important and as such she spent as much time catching up with him. Never sharing the details but he seemed to understand that his newest daughter had been through a rough time and gave what support a Vulcan could give and this time it was enough.

She had lost a ship and the close call with the Geronimo had brought back the awful memories of dealing with the loss of the Callisto, but they saved this ship and that was what got her through.

Knowing it would cheer up her husband she wore her Elf costume; short dress with a tight top. He loved to show her off and truth to tell she rarely found any issue with that.

As she entered she almost ran into the big black and white furry walking carpet; also known as her sister to whom she gave a hug; grateful that she had survived the away team mission. "Glad to see you Sister; I'm gonna find the old man and say hello to the Captain come look me up once I do?"

She approached the Captain and offered a smile and a nod of respect. "Season's greetings Captain thank you for the party and the invitation; am going to see if I can keep Tourock out of trouble."

After speaking with Adaran, she walked through the crowd smiling for everyone she passed and wrapped her arm around his shoulder; "So you get a drink for me or what?"

==Tags Karuth, Adaran and Sothrick.==

#21 Lt Tess T'Relia

Lt Tess T'Relia

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 00:31 (12:31 AM)

Tess hadn't been overly sure about the party. She'd never had much use for them, while they could be fun they often made her want to leave and avoid talking to anyone. It had taken her a while to convince herself to go, after all the Geronimo was a small ship, it wouldn't be that large a party. 

She had decided to dress casually, dark jeans, black jacket and cropped shirt. Having decided long ago to avoid standing out as much as physically possible, Tess often preferred simple outfits rather than any that made her too noticeable in a crowd. Wasn't an easy task, but one she tried her hardest to succeed in.

The invite had said the James Kirk room, at Agarn's Bar. Ferengi. Tess had a good idea of what to expect, which was that anything expensive would be either fake or non-existent. It didn't matter, as long as the crew had a good time that was all that counted... right? Walking along, she spotted S'hiarra entering the room. Tess decided to give her a little distance before following in herself, their last conversation hadn't gone too well.

It didn't take her too long to spot Qu out amongst the people gathered, even with bar staff putting up decorations. Even the service is cheap... Qu was clustered with a group of people, some she knew some she didn't. Qi she definitely recognised. The other... not a clue.

“The Captain likes to keep us on our toes in these get togethers… should be a lot of fun. The Ferengi aside.” Qu said “Just... no tequila this time.”

Tess smirked and walked over to Qu: "Whats this about tequila? And why wasn't I invited?"

"Nice to see you, Qi. May I ask who these are?" Tess inquired.

==tags==

#22 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 01:44 (01:44 AM)

“Welcome to the Geronimo Jennifer I am Keir and this lovely lady is my girl, Samantha; won't you introduce us to your lady friend?”

Jen looked back over to where Allegra was trying to get in nice with one of the other Geronimo crew members, at least that who she assumed she was speaking with. The brunette didn’t seem to be paying too much attention Jen’s way, not that she could blame her. The Trill was obviously attractive, but besides that Allegra liked to get to know people, and it didn’t necessarily hurt that with such a small crew she’d have a decent chance of knowing most of the people Jen would be serving with.

“You wouldn’t be thinking of stealing her away from me, now would you Keir?”

Despite the accusatory implications behind the question, it was clear from both Jen’s smirk and the casualness of her voice that she didn’t expect that to be much of a problem. Hermats were clearly a very rare species most people almost never encountered, and Jen wasn’t really informed on them. At the very least, she knew for a fact that the individual before her wasn’t Human. The dead giveaway had been the canines on display, which Jen wondered if that were Keir’s way of flexing. Which was another reason the blond offered up her playful question, as she had no fangs of her own to display.

The woman who first greeted her, dropped back in to offer her name. Jen didn’t get much of a chance to reply as Said was off to greet another arrival. She learned her departmental head also served as the ship’s First Officer. Given the size of the ship, which Jen had only seen the technical dimensions of, it actually made sense there wasn’t a primary dedicated First Officer on a crew with a few dozen personnel.

It'll also mean my security training won’t be enough. I’m pretty sure on a ship this small, everyone is expected to have some field training in other departments. Not like you have a whole lot of backups during the heat of battle. I guess I’ll just have to work twice as hard.

== Allegra Compton ==

“Never been one to have many…”

The Latina wasn’t entirely sure what to say. With the comment Allegra had various thoughts and questions rolling around inside her head. A few of them wouldn’t be helpful, and slightly inappropriate, such as Allegra wondering just how far down those nearly invisible spots went. Luckily, the brunette had enough self-control to focus on the relevant questions.

Hard to believe someone as cute as her never seemed to have as many friends. At first, it seemed like she didn’t want to be here, so one could assume she just doesn’t want to be around a group of people. I doubt that completely right, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an iota of truth to it. Perhaps she just doesn’t want to get close to people. Can’t let anyone down if you don’t let them in.

All she could do was put on her most friendly smile. Perhaps she might even make it her own personal mission to befriend Qu’tha. And if somehow that were a challenge, well then Allegra loved those too. It never helped that most people were weary of getting close to journalists, and the brunette understood that. No one wanted to have themselves on display in the news for every little thing they did. It just wasn’t the way of Allegra to throw anyone under the bus like that, and it was part of the reason she introduces herself as a journalist. She’d rather be honest about not treating others as meat for a story, unless they willingly offered, which was why she made it clear she was an off-duty journalist when meeting new people outside of work. Better to hear it from her, than allowing someone to think she violated their trust if they found out via other sources.

“Allegra, this is Qi, Acting Chief Science Officer for the Geronimo. Qi, this is Allegra, our newest crew mates girlfriend.”

The brunette was simply taking everything in stride. To be fair, it had even been a bold move for her to approach Qu’tha in the first place. Unlike Jen, who’d been the one officially invited, Allegra was currently an outsider. Over time she expected that would change, but unlikely wouldn’t occur in the first few minutes.

“The Captain likes to keep us on our toes in these get togethers… should be a lot of fun. The Ferengi aside.”

That in itself was interesting. Considering it was a Star Fleet crew, Allegra could understand if a ship’s captain wanted to keep their people in tip-top shape even when in a celebratory environment. Being a civilian, it would normally be safe to presume she’d be exempt from such things. However, if worse came to bear Allegra was sure she could handle her own if need be.

“Ivor Prime isn’t the most friendly colony in the universe to grow up on, so I’m sure I can hold my own for whatever happens. Who knows, I might even have to end up saving you.”

Allegra offered a friendly smirk with her comment. Even if she wasn’t as trained as the various Star Fleet personnel around her, she hopefully had more than enough confident to make up for that difference. Besides thinking she could accomplish anything meant half the battle was already won.

“Whats this about tequila? And why wasn't I invited?”

The incoming Orion wasn’t something Allegra ever anticipated. What might’ve been seen as weird was how she seemed to dress to the point of not wanting to stand out. Allegra had to suspect the green skin didn’t make that job any easier, however with the talk of alcohol she couldn’t help herself.

“Well, drat. I already called dibs on all the tequila. I’m also not typically big on sharing my alcohol either, but I can always be persuaded to.”

Hopefully her smile was as infectious as she hoped it was. Allegra was hoping to have a little fun, but with a group of effectively strangers it was still sometime hard to understand how far she could tiptoe past the line. Then again, she hoped someone would stop her before she reached that point. Or at the very least help make her crash and burn that much more of a gorgeous explosion.

== Tag ==

Edited by Mid Jennifer Danvers, Star Date 22111.30 @ 01:56 (01:56 AM).

#23 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 02:21 (02:21 AM)

Balamuni turned when she heard her sister, as her sister hugged her, she said, "Glad to see you Sister; I'm gonna find the old man and say hello to the Captain come look me up once I do?"

She let out a small chuckle, she wondered if Tourock, knew his mate referred to him as old man. The truth was every one of the crew loved the Captain and First Officer, she loved Sothrick more than anyone, because he is helping her find her Grand Pride Mother.

“I will my sister. I will. “Replied Karuth. Karuth spotted her friend Qi. He was a Scientific Genius, but when it came to Engineering issues, he was, well a man. He was adorable, in a boy next door kind of way, but not really her type.

Balamuni enjoyed a good party, especially as it gave the crew a chance to bond and get to know each other better, but she did find her thought drifting on her Grammy, the one being in her life that cared about her. Balamuni often wondered if her Grammy thought about her.

Balamuni could feel a tear starting to form in her eye. Her feelings were starting to get to her. She knew that the chances were good that her Grammy was likely dead. She grabbed herself a drink and said a prayer to the Goddess, on behalf of her beloved Grand Pride Mother.

She walked over to Qi, she had the schematics of the insect's remains on her Data PADD, maybe he would find them interesting.  Balamuni looked around to see if she could get an idea behind the party.

“Hello Qi, how are you. I have something to show you.” Said Karuth, as she tapped at her PADD.

== Tag, Qi, and Mrs. Sothrick. ==

#24 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 1522 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 02:26 (02:26 AM)

== Good to see everyone suddenly posting again. ==

More people began to show up, and the crew started to talk amongst themselves. Adaran smiled and nodded at the Sothricks as they appeared.

"Captain, are we...early?" asked the First Officer.

"It's better than being late," s/he remarked.

"Season's greetings, Captain" said S'hiarra. "Thank you for the party and the invitation; am going to see if I can keep Tourock out of trouble."

S/he smiled and nodded. "But will he be able to keep you out of trouble?" s/he asked.

The restaurant staff worked quickly to decorate the room. Soon various holiday items were in place. The tree was decorated with silvery tinsel and ornaments. Colored lights wrapped around it. Wreaths were hung on the wall, along with giant candy canes, oversized gingerbread men, and black cats. On the long table they placed two settings: one was a sleigh full of candy canes, the other a grinning pumpkin filled with chocolate candy. None of the staff doing the decorating were human. They were Andorian, Bajoran and Tellarite. The Andorian pulled out a life-sized human skeleton and hung it in a corner.

Agarn quickly returned, helped by another worker as they wheeled in a cart full of bottles and glasses. They placed it along one of the walls.

The Ferengi looked around the room and smiled. "Ah, good work, everyone," he said.

He glanced at Adaran. "When you're ready for other thing," he said, "let me know." And he scurried out of the room along with his workers, leaving the Geronimo crew to themselves.

Keir then arrived and approached with hir date. "Congratulations Adaran I see we are keeping up our standing as having the best-looking crew in the fleet," s/he said. "I talked Sam out of bringing her phaser, hopefully I won't regret that?"

Adaran raised an eyebrow. "I don't know. That guy over there in the corner looks rather suspicous," s/he said, pointing at the skeleton.

#25 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 05:05 (05:05 AM)

Balamuni was waiting for Qi to respond when something caught her eye. The captain was watching the Bar staff decorating when one of the decorations caught her eye, it was, it was an image of black ancients. It truly perplexed her; she didn’t know that anyone celebrated the ancients, beyond the Mirak.

Do they realize that the ancients are to be venerated, to be worshiped?

The other decorations she recognized, the Tree and the colored light, the candy canes, and gingerbread people were part of the Terran Holiday of Christmas, a Holiday of the birth of their savior. Karuth understood and liked the Christmas Story.

She looked around and she spotted the First Officer and her sister. Her sister was dressed as an elf. She knew that in the Christmas celebration that St. Nicholas, had small, diminutive helpers, called elves, so if her sister was dressed as an elf; that would make her husband would be Santa. The irony wasn’t lost on her.

Balamuni was curious about the decorations. “Excuse me, Captain. What is the significance of the Ancient ones in this Holiday celebration?” while pointing to the Black cats. “I have never heard of the Ancient Ones being involved with the Christmas story.” Added Balamuni.

== Tag The Captian. ==

#26 Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 06:35 (06:35 AM)

== Glad to have everyone posting again, but wow y’all are fast! ==

Half turning to Arwen, Qu put on a rare smile, “Yeah, feels likes its been ages… did we lock you in the Science labs?” She said with a mischievous grin.

Arwen smiled back at Qu. She seemed much more social than she’d been when they met at Starfarer’s Way.

“Unfortunately not,” he said with a wink. “I’m going to lock myself in there if I keep getting Bridge duty.”

As they entered the event space, Qu remarked on the decor. “Looks like something Christmas themed, if I am remembering my Earth holidays right…”

Lumis looked at Arwen, who nodded. One of his fondest memories was seeing the Eiffel Tower at Christmastime with his father.

“Just... no tequila this time.” Qu continued.

“I’d say that worked out pretty well for you last time,” Arwen protested. “Speak of the devil…”

He indicated Tess, who was approaching in an effortlessly gorgeous casual look. Arwen was still proud of the part he’d played in getting the two of them together.

"Nice to see you, Qi. May I ask who these are?" Tess inquired.

Arwen introduced each of the newcomers in turn. “This is our new security officer, Jennifer Danvers. Next to her is Allegra Compton, she’s a journalist. And this is Lumis Kel,” he said, indicating the blond Trill to his left. “He’s one of my closest friends from back home.”

After his introductions, he noticed the looming form of Lt. Karuth approaching.

“Hello Qi, how are you. I have something to show you.” Said Karuth, as she tapped at her PADD.

She brought a PADD to a party? Arwen thought, shooting her an incredulous look. Even I’m not that dedicated.

He squeezed Lumis’s shoulder, indicating that he would have to leave him alone for a moment.

“Sure, I’m sure Jukish will want to see it too.” he said, ushering her to an quiet space and waving to his new midshipman.

== Lumis Kel ==

Lumis gave Arwen a reassuring smile as his friend left to join his Mirak colleague. He loved parties, and he rarely had a problem making conversation with strangers.

“So Allegra, what beat do you cover for FNN?” Lumis asked, directing his attention at his fellow drag-along. “My previous host was close with an arts and culture writer named Roval. She made it sound pretty cutthroat over there.”

== Tag Qu, Tess, Bala, Jukish, Danvers ==

#27 Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22111.30 @ 09:47 (09:47 AM)

==*Takes off Speed +5 Ring* Is... that a bad thing QiQi?==

“I’d say that worked out pretty well for you last time,” Qi protested. That brought back fond, if not a little fuzzy, memories of Starfarer’s Way, when the shot of Orion Tequila that Qi provided let to the budding relationship with Tess. “Speak of the devil…”

From behind the young Security Officer came a soft, familiar voice, “Whats this about tequila? And why wasn’t I invited?”

Qu’tha turned in the direction of the voice to see Tess walking up towards them. Typically, she wore an outfit with the intention to not stand out; between her green skin, auburn hair and stunning sapphire eyes that was usually a loosening battle. To the young Trill, it was more then just her physical beauty that made Tess stand out, though most never got the chance to know the wonderful person behind the stunning looks.

Her face immediately lit up as she saw the Orion, “Tess!” Qu exclaimed as she moved to stand beside the Tactical Officer. “Unless there is another Orion Tactical Officer who looks exactly like you, and is named Tess…” Qu paused for a second, thinking on the idea of two Tess’.

Colors, the universe would not be able to handle such radiance!

“Well… you were seated across from me.” Qu finished, blushing slightly as she wrapped her hand in the Orions.

“Well, drat.” Allegra began, “I already called dibs on all the tequila.” Qu wasn’t sure if she was kidding or just really liked her tequila. “I’m also not typically big on sharing my alcohol either but I can always be persuaded to.” She finished with a large smile.

“I’ve never been much of a drinker, myself.” She began in response to Allegra, “Might make a small exception in the tequila… as long I’m not the only one…?” She looked about the small group assembled.

As one of the Ferengi passed by, QU looked into the room. Unless she was unfamiliar with Christmas decorations, it seemed like the smiling pumpkin and black cats seemed out of place. Not to mention the hanging skeleton.

“Well… this is… different…” She said, unsure of what to make of the seemingly mismatched decorations.

==Taggles!!==

#28 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.01 @ 05:59 (05:59 AM)

Balamuni always carried a Data PADD with her, in case she came across a new piece of technology or an interesting bit of Engineering, she wanted to be able to take notes or a quick sketch, or even take a picture. It would be one thing to take out your tricorder and scan something, but people get a little uneasy with strangers scanning their technology, but a mental note or a sketch was something else.

“Qi, if you look here. I found these circuits in the remains of the insects. Did you find anything similar in your science scans? I think we are facing more than simple bugs.” Said Balamuni as she handed QI her Data PADD.

Arwen was a nice person, Balamuni liked him, he was intelligent and very exotic looking. She found Trills remarkably interesting. The idea of a slug-like creature dwelling inside a person seemed a bit creepy to her, as she had no idea whether the symbiont was in control or the people who carried the symbiont; but she found it fascinating all the memories that the hosts had access to.

Balamuni was curious in Qi had a symbiont, but she couldn’t just walk up and ask him, as it was a private matter. Balamuni spotted a Ferengi waiter and asked him for a small bowl of tube grubs, as Niji was hungry. It had been several weeks since he had eaten.

“QI, why don’t you review the information and let me know what you think. “Said Karuth. “If you’ll excuse me for a few minutes. “She added.

Niji and Balamuni had been friends since he hatched, of all his clutch mates Niji was the runt, but his colors were brilliant and his wings were the sleekest. It had been a while since she had taken him out. Allowing him the run of her cabin was one thing, but to allow him to really let loose was another.

Balamuni’s plan was that once the party wound down and the Station settled in for the night, she would take him to the Promenade and allow him to fly free for a while. The waiter returned with the Bowl of Tube Grubs.

“Here madam our Freshest, most succulent Tube Grubs.” Said the Waiter. Balamuni thanked him and took the grubs and made her way to a secluded corner and stuffed several-tube grubs into her breastplate.

Once she was finished, she looked around for her sister and the old man.

== Tag All. ==

#29 Lt. Arwen Tahn

Lt. Arwen Tahn

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Geronimo,CR,75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.02 @ 00:41 (12:41 AM)

Arwen was glad that the procedure had worked on Saids arm, it was always the ultimate goal. to make her patients feel better. That arm was a little tricky, but she always came up with some ideas and it payed off. Now here they were at the party, and having a great time. As always there was a lot of drinks, and food it was just hard for her to tell what she could eat. 

"I am glad it worked out for you." Arwen said, and was having a bit of a good time. It was something that Arwen wanted to do this more often. It gave her a chance to really practice her social skills, and hopefully be a little less awkward. She even left her violin at home, that way she wouldn't be so isolated.

"I think its time we had some fun." The time was right, but she wasn't sure what to do, and how to prevent going too far. She was there mostly to clabrate the accomplishments of the crew, one day she would be part of it but for now all she wanted to do was enjoy

==Tag back  Said==

#30 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22112.02 @ 03:11 (03:11 AM)

== Allegra Compton ==

“I’ve never been much of a drinker, myself.” Qu’tha began in response to Allegra, “Might make a small exception in the tequila… as long I’m not the only one…?”

That could’ve easily been the worst thing that could’ve ever possibly been said. Especially if things aligned then Allegra could see herself something of a bad influence. With Tess and Qu’tha being somewhat of an item, perhaps it could even be used to her advantage. Allegra couldn’t help but give the lovely Orion a ‘You know what I’m thinking of’ look with the Trill’s comment.

“Well… this is… different…”

The journalist looked around the room, at the various decorations that were being put on display. At first glance, Allegra didn’t understand the problem as she initially saw the various candy canes and Christmas ornaments. Trying to ascertain the issue, she kept scanning the room. Eyes landed on the significantly large gingerbread men, which fit the theme so far. However, she eventually glimpsed the decorations for another holiday. The skeleton and cats were more along the lines of Halloween.

Whoever designed this party doesn’t seem to understand the big differences between these two particular holidays. If they’re wanting to bundle them all together, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see a turkey running around the room, gobbling all the while.

“Pick your own holiday, I guess? Although, I wouldn’t have been opposed if this were actually a Halloween costume party.”

== Tags. Also temporarily holding off on Jen until receiving a reply from Keir, no rush. ==

#31 Lt Keir77

Lt Keir77

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 458 posts

Posted Star Date 22112.03 @ 23:34 (11:34 PM)

As expected Adaran had a quip ready and pointed out a skeleton in the corner, to which Keir added, quickly in Hermat. "No threat there but I do hope he wasn't the entire buffet, there is nothing left."

Upon asking the newest officer about her lovely girlfriend Keir was pleasantly surprised that she hadn't apparently been taken aback by hir words or her grin and had simply managed to stand up for herself

“You wouldn’t be thinking of stealing her away from me, now would you Keir?”  Impressive. But before s/he could even draw breath to answer:

Samantha replied just as Keir figured she would. "Don't you be worried about that cutie; Keir has hir hands fill just keeping up with me; s/he's way too exhausted." The tall redhead kissed the much shorter Engineer on the top of hir head before turning back:" By the way I'm on the security team so if you want the down low just ask anytime."

Keir grinned at hir lady's usual enthusiasm, and added for Jennifer's benefit, "No worries if you can retort so boldly under these circumstances you'll fit in fine her just fine. so why don't you take us over and give us an introduction?"

Keir took note of Bala and S'hiarra and made a point to find them both to congratulate both hir officers on the success of the mission.

==Tag Jen and anyone else

A bit like posting in a tornado  ;) ==

#32 Lt (JG) Karuth

Lt (JG) Karuth

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Engineering Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.04 @ 03:34 (03:34 AM)

Balamuni was feeding Niji while looking around the room. She wasn’t even really aware of her feeding Niji, she eagerly accepted the tube grubs she kept stuffing into her breastplate. She loved him, as he reminded her of home.

The Terran Holiday’s fascinated her, she understood their Christmas as a concept, the idea of people treating each other with dignity and respect, coming together in happiness and joy; to celebrate and acknowledge the birth of their savior.

Niji was particularly restless, she pulled her breastplate away from her check a little and spoke to the anxious Gyo. “Now you need to be a good boy for mommy.” Not realizing how strange it must have looked to the casual observer.

Balamuni flagged down a waiter and ordered some Fire Meat, a spicy and pungent Mirak delicacy. She loved the crew of the Geronimo, especially her many sisters, but especially her sister S’hiarra and her mate Commander Sothrick.

She then spotted her Superior Officer Lt. Keir. She couldn’t help but like Keir, she was a brilliant Engineer, but as she was also from a predator species, she couldn’t help but notice that at least to her any way that even in a casual setting Keir seemed to be sizing up people and thing, as if she were stalking a kill or getting ready to pounce.

Hard to shake a predator’s nature.

The young Mirak, felt out of place among the almost human-like fellow crew members. She spotted S’hiarra and made her way over to them.

“Happy Christmas my sister.” Said Balamuni. “You are keeping the old man out of trouble” She added with a smile.

== Tag All. / Tag S'hiarra.A.K.A Mrs. Sothrick. ==

#33 Mid Jennifer Danvers

Mid Jennifer Danvers

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted Star Date 22112.04 @ 08:36 (08:36 AM)

== Allegra Compton ==

As everyone still seemed to be figuring out what the theme for the party was to be, the jury was still out on whether it was Halloween or Christmas related (or something in between), another voice brought Allegra out of her momentary thinking. The question happened to be coming from the person that had been introduced to her as Lumis, the Trill that had tagged along with Qi.

“So Allegra, what beat do you cover for FNN?” Lumis asked, directing his attention at his fellow drag-along. “My previous host was close with an arts and culture writer named Roval. She made it sound pretty cutthroat over there.”

For an ever brief moment, the smile on Allegra’s face faltered. Despite the quality of her writing, she wasn’t the top dog in her line of work. That just happened to be the downside when one originated from a random backwater planet in the Federation. There was some truth to Lumis’s words, but her smile remained.

“A little of this, a little of that. Basically, whatever the editor above me tells me to report on. As of yet, I haven’t found that one break-out story yet. It’s a bit dog-eat-dog. If you don’t know someone, or unless something major happen right in front of you, you’re not getting the most exotic stories.”

It wasn’t something the brunette ever like admitting. On Ivor Prime it had been different, and sometimes Allegra believed she was stupid for ever thinking it would be similar. It was basically like she jumped from the shallow end of the lake to the deepest depths of the ocean. All she could do was her best and try to make something of herself that she’d be proud of.

== Jennifer Danvers ==

“Don't you be worried about that cutie; Keir has hir hands fill just keeping up with me; s/he's way too exhausted.”

That wasn’t exactly the response Jen expected, especially as it hadn’t come from Keir hirself, but hir partner. Although if the blond had to guess, she didn’t think that one little fact would’ve kept hir from truly acting if s/he truly desired to. Not that Jen was going to try and figure that out.

“No worries if you can retort so boldly under these circumstances you'll fit in fine her just fine. so why don't you take us over and give us an introduction?”

Jen was quite protective of Allegra, in that she wouldn’t let anything come between the two of them. As Keir seemed to not be a threat to that, there didn’t seem to be any harm in introducing them to her girlfriend. At the very least, they’d be serving together so there was no sense in raising shield and going to red alert on the very first day.

Not that she’d ever say ‘no’ to meeting new people. Legra might not have always been that way, she has managed to grow out of her wallflower identity. Sometimes it’s hard to believe she was that same shy girl who popped into my small makeshift office inside a classroom, because the school could’ve cared less about a journalism program.

Two of the Trills seemed to have remained, along with an Orion female who seemed to be particularly close with the blond one. For the moment, as far as Jen knew, everything seemed to have been going okay. The second Allegra rested her eyes back on Jen, her whole demeanor changed. It was that feeling of coming home at the end of a long day, just to forget everything once they saw that special person they loved.

“Hey babe, care to join us all for some tequila shots?”

That clearly wasn’t the first thing Jen expected to hear. A confused look began to form on the security officer’s face simply because the fact neither of them originally knew anyone beforehand, and Allegra was already taking about drinking with them. That even begged the question of what else had Jen missed in the interim? The blond couldn’t help but shake her head a little.

“Sometimes I think I can’t take you anywhere, without causing a scene.”

Allegra gave a pretty good appearance of being aghast at what had just been said. Whether or not anyone else would see that it wasn’t indicative of how she felt was anyone’s guess. However, her next words most likely had the ability to dissuade those assumptions.

“Who me? I think you must be confusing me with someone else. Now get over here.”

Allegra embraced her significant other, and seemed more than elated as she took every moment of it in. Once she was satisfied the journalist turned her attentions to the newcomers that Jen had brought with her. She seemed to be looking over Keir, as while she’d never met a Hermat before knew they were extremely rare outside of their homeworld.

“I see you’ve brought me a couple of presents, how thoughtful. Limited edition and everything.”

It never ceased to amaze Jen just how much her girlfriend loved messing with her. Typically, a line was never crossed, but times like this the young woman couldn’t help but wonder how much closer they keep getting. Besides, two could always play that game as Jen turned her attention back to the Chief Engineer.

“You know what, you’re more than welcome to steal her away…”

That particular comment had earned Jen a playful elbow into her rib cage. Both sides had properly chastised each other, and hopefully wouldn’t need to repeat the ‘lesson’. Done with her ‘physical abuse’, Allegra opted to lean her head against Jen’s shoulder as she continued with an introduction.

“Never mind, I fear pawning Legra here off on anybody might be the worst of all war crimes.”

Anticipating the second jab, Jen wrapped her arms around the incoming elbow. It just proved their antics were a little show and dance, and never to be taken too seriously. Honestly, that’s part of the reason Jen believed the two of them made a perfect couple, especially with their yin-yang act.

“May I introduce the ‘love of my life’, Allegra Compton. These are my fellow new crewmates Keir and Samantha.”

Ignoring the third playful tone in Jen’s voice, Allegra smiled friendly towards the two. However, she returned her gaze to Keir. While she wasn’t completely sure as to what Keir was, her journalistic brain was presuming. Frankly, the worst thing she could do was to never ask and actually be sure one way or the other, so the brunette spoke up.

“I hope you’re not offended by me asking this, but you’re Hermat right? I’ve tried to brush up on all the various races, doesn’t hurt in my line of work, but I know it’s rare for any Hermat to live amongst other species. In fact, you might be the first one I’ve ever met.”

== Tag ==

#34 Capt Adaran 225

Capt Adaran 225

Captain

• Administrators
  • 1522 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.04 @ 22:19 (10:19 PM)

While Adaran was waiting for everyone to arrive, Karuth asked a question, pointing to the black cats.

"Excuse me, Captain. What is the significance of the Ancient ones in this Holiday celebration?" said the Mirak. "I have never heard of the Ancient Ones being involved with the Christmas story."

Adaran shrugged. "I have no idea," s/he replied. "I'm not from Earth. They have some strange customs. You might ask one of the Terrans."

The room was beginning to fill up, and s/he took the brief opportunity when no one was requesting hir attention to pour hirself a drink from the bar that had been wheeled into the room. Glancing over the crowd, it looked to hir like this was everyone who was going to be there, so s/he made hir way to the head of the table.

"Hello, everybody," s/he said loudly in hir captain's voice, to get their attention. "Thank you all for coming. Before we get too far into this party, and while all of us are still conscious, I have a few things to take care of, so if you'll take a seat, we can start."

S/he motioned to one of the restaurant staff who was in the room and then spoke something softly in their ear. The woman nodded and left.

== Tag everyone. Let's get the business end of this soiree started. ==

#35 Lt Nira Said

Lt Nira Said

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo CR-75250

Posted Star Date 22112.05 @ 00:53 (12:53 AM)

"Thank you, Doctor," said Nira, seeing Doctor Tahn was glad that things were going good with the therapy. She then went off to mingle with somebody else. She wondered momentarily who to talk to. She realized that her conversation with Doctor Tahn was more practical, more of a checking-in thing. She wondered who she can make friends with. More and more likely, it was apparent of her to talk to Lieutenant Qi, despite their differences.

Then she saw a definitely familiar face. "Shiarra!" she said. She approached her old departmental head with such gladness and joy and embraced her with a big hug. "Oh, it's so good to see you!" she said. "We never had chances to talk on Geronimo, we've been so busy."

She stuck to Shiarra's side until the Captain gave a speech. Nira looked at Adaran with interest. What did s/he have to say? Sounds like there was something businesslike about this. Did something happen?

==Tag==

#36 Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

Lt (JG) Arwen Qi

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 172 posts
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.05 @ 05:28 (05:28 AM)

“Qi, if you look here. I found these circuits in the remains of the insects. Did you find anything similar in your science scans? I think we are facing more than simple bugs.” Said Balamuni as she handed QI her Data PADD.

Arwen nodded as the tigress pointed out various aspects of the insect’s anatomy. He admired her sharp mind and her enthusiasm. She actually seemed quite gentle, though Arwen suspected that there may be another side to her as well.

“Fascinating, I knew that the transporter captured some odd components, but this is amazingly intricate,” Arwen mused. “I wonder if they have an individual, or if they receive instructions from a central hub. What do you think, Jukish?”

Arwen listened to Jukish’s analysis as Balamuni slipped away to talk to the captain. A short time later, the captain raised hir voice to make an announcement.

"Hello, everybody," Adaran said. ”Thank you all for coming. Before we get too far into this party, and while all of us are still conscious, I have a few things to take care of, so if you'll take a seat, we can start.”

Arwen cocked his head as he made his way toward an empty seat.

S/he dropped a real bombshell at the last party, he thought, feeling strangely calm and curious. I wonder what s/he has in store for us this time.

== Lumis Kel ==

Lumis nodded as Allegra described the struggles of a rookie journalist. This was his sixth time being young, and as much as he enjoyed it, it came with unique frustrations. 

“I’ll try to get in touch with Roval later,” he said, smiling broadly. “It would be great to catch up with her, and maybe she can take a look at your work and give you some pointers.”

He wanted to tap into the experience of his past lives to give her some more advice, but the memory felt faint and foreign. His connection to the Kel symbiont had been strained, sometimes disconnecting for hours at a time, though he had kept the worst of this from everyone except the doctors at the Symbiosis Commission.

After the captain’s announcement, Lumis excused himself from the group and took a seat next to Arwen. He gave his friend a reassuring smile as he sat down. His heavy arm wanted to swing around Arwen’s shoulder, as it had done many times before, but he resisted.

== Tag Jukish / Danvers ==

#37 Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Security Officer
  • USS Geronimo, CR-75250
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22112.07 @ 09:36 (09:36 AM)

“As long as I’m not the only one…?” almost as soon as the words left her lips, she realized she shouldn’t have said them. Even if she was feeling a bit more at ease – Tess being present adding to that feeling – she still shouldn’t have said that. Sure, the last time she partook in tequila, it aloud her the strength to actually tell the beautiful Orion that she was, in fact beautiful… she should behave a little better.

She also caught some sort of look from Allegra to Tess that made her even more sure that she should not have said that.

Colors... what does she have in mind!?

Cocking her head slightly to look directly in Tess’ Sapphire eyes, almost as in say, ‘Don’t pull me in any deeper.’ She then turned her gaze to the mismatched decorations, “Well... this is…. Different…”

“Pick your own holiday I guess?” Allegra said, seemingly as unsure as the young Trill was as to the mixture of Holiday Decorations. “Although, I wouldn’t have been opposed if this were actually a Halloween costume party.”

“It would seem that some people had that idea in mind….” The blond Trill said as she looked at a few of the outfits chosen by her crew mates. The term ‘Slutty Elf’ came to mind as she noticed the rather low cut dresses a few of them wore. It didn’t help that the young Trill also recalled reading in History that women tended to use Halloween as an excuse too… well… dress in rather revealing outfits.

“Hello, everybody,” came the booming voice of the Captain, clearing trying to get their attention. Not a difficult thing, as s/he was the only person speaking in such volume. “Thank you all for coming. Before we get too far into this party, and while all of us are conscious,” at that comment the blond Trill couldn’t help but giggle slightly.

S/he must have heard us talking about Tequila… wonder if s/he would join in? No… probably not the best thing to wonder about….

The Hermat continued, “I have a few things to take care of, so if you’ll take a seat, we can start.”

Qu lead Tess toward the table laden with sweets, “Maybe a few treats before we sit down…?” She said with a grin as she pulled a Candy Cane from the sleigh.

==Taggles!!==

Edited by Lt (JG) Qu'tha Viral, Star Date 22112.07 @ 09:37 (09:37 AM).