36 replies to this topic

#1 GM-Creative Director

GM-Creative Director

• Game Moderators-Admin
  • Pip
  • 374 posts
  • Sitewide Game Moderator
  • Omnipresent

Posted Star Date 22203.10 @ 23:52 (11:52 PM)

==

#2 Lt Matthew Daniels

Lt Matthew Daniels

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 290 posts

Posted Star Date 22203.11 @ 23:00 (11:00 PM)

==As Ensign Jeff Anderson & CMA Franklin Hanson - Engineering NRC's ==

Jeff and Franklin had been tasked with the job of preparing the ready room, restoring it to its former glory. The hull breach was fixed and covered with the usual panels and decor. The whole of the inner walls had been replaced, as had the furniture and carpets. Anything that had belonged the late Captain had, that had survived the mishap, had been sent on to the family. Presumably, Captain Brooks would be moving some odds and ends in of his own. Or whoever the new Captain would be, if Brooks did not get the job full time.

Jeff pulled his tricorder from his toolkit and held it over the area where the hull had been repaired, the device chimed and whirred as it carried out its task.

"Looking good," Anderson said, the blonde wavey haired Engineer looked over his shoulder. Hanson was stood in a bit of a trance like state that prompted the Ensign to turn and face his colleague. "You alright?"

After a slight start, Hanson eyed the Ensign and nodded, "Yes Sir!" He swallowed hard, "I'm alright, it's just..." Franklin nodded to where the Ensign had just been scanning.

The blonde Ensign gave a half-nod, he realised what was going on pretty quick. He gave a flat smile and a nod to his African-American colleague, whose accent suggested he was from New York on Earth. Anderson was a Mars born Human, his accent was a basic sounding American one. "I know," Jeff stated as he walked to the desk and placed the tricorder down, he perched himself on the edge of the desk. 

Hanson turned towards Jeff, "It's just these, I mean those types of failures aren't common and I find it a bit troubling that it did happen is all."

"Right," Jeff replied and gave a slight nod again, "I know what you mean and you are right, it is troubling. There was an investigation and nobody was at fault, all procedures were carried out according to the book."

"Hmm," Hanson hummed, "I just hope that they didn't suffer!" Franklin swallowed hard, "I hate the thought of a slow agonising death, if I get killed or become terminally ill, I want it to be quick and painless. Painless mainly I guess."

Jeff raised his eyebrows and gave a flat smile again, "Yeah, well...this conversation is getting a little too morbid for me," He said with a chuckle.

"You're right, I mean, Yes Sir!" Franklin said.

==Tag if anybody wants to come in :) ==

#3 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • Acting Commanding Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.19 @ 19:13 (07:13 PM)

== One Week after Docking ==

Commander Brooks entered the newly rebuilt Ready Room with a PADD in hand. The engineers had done a brilliant job. He hadn’t long been given news that he was indeed to stay in Command for now and to see how he will fair leading the Charon’s next mission. Dan was having a mixed feelings of nerves and excitement at the prospect. 

Daniel went around the big desk and sat in the Captain’s chair for the first time as he placed the PADD on the desk. It felt odd not being the one sat opposite in this room. He hadn’t thought about any of this happening so soon. Command also let him know that they had assigned a new First Officer to the Charon. In made him think how easy you could be replaced when it came down to it. 

The news of the replacement FO meant he actually moved his stuff into the CO quarters, it felt as lot of things were changing rather quickly. Dan hoped it would all settle down again soon. The PADD on the desk actually was details of the new FO who had an appointment with him in the Ready Room in the next ten minutes or so. 

Daniel had already looked over the PADD once and knew of the incoming officer. He had bumped into her a couple of times while on Shore Leave. In her downtime, she seemed to party hard but to Brooks everyone had their way to let their hair down and he wasn’t going to hold that against her. In fact, Captain Braggins had given the officer a glowing report as her actions of First Officer and came highly recommended. 

Brooks tapped into the terminal a few command codes to make sure everything was working and then sat back and waited for Commander Velual to arrive. 

==Tag Velaul==

#4 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • Discord:Beno#6436
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.20 @ 00:01 (12:01 AM)

Traveling from the Philly to the Charon Beno put the time to productive use, while getting to know the layout of the ship she also learned about the crew. With some of the names on the list it made her smile, the only hard part was there were two names she was equally happy to see again. There was one name on the list that made her sit back and think back on the early days of being a First Officer. 

The Nightingale wow I think we might want to talk, given the opportunity. I know my friend Pond is going to track me down, and throw one heck of a party. Gerdan Venta... I always knew you would make for a great Chief Science officer. I have always had faith in you, and now it is your time to shine. I see our good  doctor came to join us too, I never had a chance to get to know her but things can change.

== Sometime later - Boarding the Charon==

After boarding the ship, Beno had an appointment to keep. Being a new Commanding Officer, she thought it was fitting that they were to meet again. Meeting while she was first becoming a First Officer, then again when he was becoming a Commanding Officer. It was one of those events that was meant to be, but neither one of them knew it at the time. There was a thought about her going in the Ready Room with a drink in her hand, but it was one of those thoughts that you think about laugh but don't do.

This was the second time in her Career that she was joining a different crew, and with people she already knew it made the transition even easier. This was also the largest ship that she had been on, and would have the ability to do more than she ever could. The down side was the fact that Beno had to improvise on a lot of things, and thinking on her feet became a lot easier as she went. 

Finally making it in to the Ready Room Beno had her hair tied tight in the back, her sharp Command Red Uniform and ready for anything. Her sharp blue eyes were looking across the desk, and smiled as she seen Daniel again. She had a padd of her own in her hand, and was ready to place it on the desk.

"Commander Brooks I am here on Star Fleet orders to report in as you as First Officer, on behalf of myself it is a pleasure to see you again. Also to say congratulations on making Commanding Officer, a future I hope for myself one day." She had great hope for the future, it was going to be hard, and for some even impossible. That is what made the whole thing great, she just wasn't sure about making Admiral they had less fun than Captains.

"How fitting is this? We first met as I rose to be First Officer, now I am reporting to you as yours on your first Command." She had a lot of confidence in him, and knew he was going to be a great leader.

==Tag Back==

#5 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.20 @ 15:04 (03:04 PM)

Commander Brooks rose from his chair as Commander Velaul entered the Ready Room to greet the slender framed Trill First Officer. She also carried a padd and placed it on the desk with a smile. 

"Commander Brooks I am here on Star Fleet orders to report in as you as First Officer, on behalf of myself it is a pleasure to see you again. Also to say congratulations on making Commanding Officer, a future I hope for myself one day." 

Commander Brooks took the padd that Velaul had placed on the desk and said, 

“Thank you and I am sure you will one day. I hereby accept your assignment as First Officer aboard the USS Charon.” 

He then signed over Command access codes to Velaul as she went on to say, 

"How fitting is this? We first met as I rose to be First Officer, now I am reporting to you as yours on your first Command." 

Daniel indicated a free chair for Velaul to take a seat as he said, 

“Yes, it does seem fate has drawn us together.” Giving her a smile as he passed her padd back to her. 

Dan got up and headed over to the replicator to get them both a drink, ordering his usual peppermint tea before heading back round behind the desk. 

“I was a little surprised how all this has actually come about Velaul but in a good way, tell me it is my gut instinct.”

Taking a sip of the drink he said,

“I see this is your third ship as First Officer and second one to be with a brand-new crew, I say that I believe you have served with three of them already. Our Chief of Security Lieutenant Commander Pond and our recent additions of Doctor Troy with Lieutenant Venta who is serving here as Chief Science Officer. I have had several glowing reports from other including your last Commanding Officer, Captain Braggins. I am sure you will fit in with our mixture here. I see also from your service you were rewarded a purple heart in the time of war. You clearly not afraid of getting into harm’s way.”
Daniel placed his drink back down and added, 

“I would like to add, I am adjusting to this idea of being in Command and no longer have the overall flexibility of being a First Officer. You may have to remind me from time to time. Sitting this side of this desk is odd enough as it is. I am pleased to have you aboard Velaul… or can I call you Beno?” he asked. 

==Tag Velaul, plus feel free to accept or deny the drink==

#6 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.20 @ 22:01 (10:01 PM)

Beno took a seat, and got comfortable. This was both a friendly, and formal meeting. "I would love a good Raktajino thank you." It was a bit of an acquired taste, but was great for many things. Especially when they were sleep deprived, and needed to keep their mind sharp. After the drink was served.

"I see this is your third ship as First Officer and second one to be with a brand-new crew, I say that I believe you have served with three of them already. Our Chief of Security Lieutenant Commander Pond and our recent additions of Doctor Troy with Lieutenant Venta who is serving here as Chief Science Officer. I have had several glowing reports from other including your last Commanding Officer, Captain Braggins. I am sure you will fit in with our mixture here. I see also from your service you were rewarded a purple heart in the time of war. You clearly not afraid of getting into harm’s way.”
Daniel placed his drink back down and added, 

There were a lot of thoughts about Luna that made Beno smile, the two had a great time. Wen it came to their duty, Beno was proud to have her as head of security. With Luna there, they were really was the best in the fleet. Now that they were together again, they were going to make this ship equal to if not better than the Flag Ship. Yes this would be the third ship I get to be the First Officer of, but I miss the Ozaki the most. I rose to the position under heavy fire, and the Borg were relentless. It was where the crew came together, and we had our finest hour. We were out classed, out gunned, and over powered. The only reason I sit before you today, is because we survived by our smarts and wit. We were just one half step away from  being blown up, but we survived." It was after that her posistion was forever changed, and her leadership within herself got developed further.

"Yes all of that is true and more, Luna is one of the finest officers I had the privilege of serving with. The only thing that over shadows that privilege, is the fact she is a friend of mine. Both of us are equally as loyal to a fault, and we have a lot of catching up to do." Then she started to think of Gerdan Venta. "As for Gerdan I have personally invested a lot of time with him to make him a great Officer, not just a Science Officer. He has the potential to one day be in this seat as First Officer, he is the best student I have ever had and a great friend."

Then thinking back on all of the danger she had been in, and lived to do it all again. "My leadership style isn't for everyone, but it is effective. I refuse to have anyone risk anything unless I am leading the charge, and risking just as much as they are. My status as an Officer alone wont inspire courage, being down in the trenches where the metal meets the meat will." It was this way of doing things that brought out the best of everyone, even exceeded their own expectations.

“I would like to add, I am adjusting to this idea of being in Command and no longer have the overall flexibility of being a First Officer. You may have to remind me from time to time. Sitting this side of this desk is odd enough as it is. I am pleased to have you aboard Velaul… or can I call you Beno?” he asked.

She had a playful grin while hearing about the burdens of command, and knew one day it will be a hard lesson for her too. "This will be a hard lesson for us both to learn, and I will do my best to keep on top of that when needed. When the time comes for me to learn this lesson, Luna is the only person qualified to teach me this. She has that never back down quality that is equal to my own, and will gladly teach me that lesson when needed.. By all means you can call me Beno, unless its official business, I like to keep things more friendly than Official." This goes a long way in helping out with ships moral, and will show a mutual respect between the two.

==Tag back to you==

#7 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.21 @ 19:45 (07:45 PM)

Daniel listened to Beno speaking highly of Pond. Brooks had owed a lot to Pond since she joined the Sheridan. She saved him from the Borg when they got onboard. Velaul then spoke about Venta who Daniel was yet to get to know and see what he could do. Velaul’s high option of him through made Brooks only hope that the officer would hit the expectations given to him. 

Velaul then explained her leadership style and it was an interesting one to Brooks, being leading the charge so to speak would be interesting for him to see later on when the need arises which it usually did within Star Fleet. 

She had a playful grin and said 

"This will be a hard lesson for us both to learn, and I will do my best to keep on top of that when needed. When the time comes for me to learn this lesson, Luna is the only person qualified to teach me this. She has that never back down quality that is equal to my own, and will gladly teach me that lesson when needed.. By all means you can call me Beno, unless its official business, I like to keep things more friendly than Official." 

Commander Brooks nodded, “Agreed, you can call me Daniel or Dan when we are not on official business.”

Taking a sip of his drink he caught a whiff of the Raktajino on the air that Velaul had ordered and it briefly reminded him of the previous occupant of the Ready Room for a brief moment. Dan looked around the room and thought he needed to add a few bits. He had removed the stuff from the First Officers Office, they were in a box in his quarters that he recently moved to. 

“I guess, I should ask you, is there any questions you want to ask me?” Brooks asked with a small smile. 

==Tag to you FO==

#8 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.22 @ 06:30 (06:30 AM)

There were a lot of questions that came to mind, some of them were professional while others were personal. There was a still a lot of things that he should know, and so should the Chief Medical Officer. There were certain factors of a joined Trill that were extremely important, and none of them would apply to regular people who only live once.

"One of the key elements of being a Joined Trill, is the Symbiont. If it ever comes to the choice of the Host or Symbiont, the Symbiont always wins. With out the Symbiont, the host will die anyways. With all the ways that can leave me incapacitated, do we have a contender for Second Officer."  Beno knew who would make the best choice, 

"I also know you know how I let my hair down, for the most part. I also like to put on elaborate displays after the mission for the crew. I feel its important for the crew that they get some gratification, and it really goes along way for their moral. I would love to hear your thoughts about that?" She wanted to hear his thoughts about these things, she didn't really want to cause a riff of any kind.  He hasn't really ran for the hills yet, but the day was still young.

==Tag== 

#9 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.22 @ 18:04 (06:04 PM)

Daniel being a former Chief Medical Officer himself knew the dangers relating to Commander Velaul being a Joined Trill. There were things in life that could be a blessing and a curse, to Dan it felt like that with Joined Trills, you get all the experience of the previous hosts then if your injured or even death all that could end in jeopardy for the Symbiont.

Commander Velaul then asked a question that himself and his previous Captain had been kicking around for some time. 

“..With all the ways that can leave me incapacitated, do we have a contender for Second Officer."

Commander Brooks gave a little smile and said, 

“Yes, we do have a contender, actually she stepped up to Acting First Officer and even had to run the ship at one point when both me and the Captain were out of action. At the moment it is Lieutenant Commander Pond but we are just waiting for the more appropriate time to do so. There has been a lot of changes for the crew to handle already.” 

Beno then went on to say, 

"I also know you know how I let my hair down, for the most part. I also like to put on elaborate displays after the mission for the crew. I feel its important for the crew that they get some gratification, and it really goes along way for their moral. I would love to hear your thoughts about that?" 

Daniel nodded, “I agree with that Beno, First Officer is the link between myself and the crew. You may lead the ship when I’m not about but your also one of the Crew. It is a difficult balancing act and from what you said, you understand the moral ways of having the crew relax after a mission. Majority of them have been tough ones. I have done the same myself over the years with some elaborate celebrations after a mission. You have no problems with that from my end as long as our officers don’t end up in the Brig or Sickbay when they need to report for duty.” He teased Beno. 

“I know, I will need to distance myself slightly more from the crew and even leaving some of the every day running to you which will be odd for me but at the same time I’m a little excited to be able to lead this crew with you aboard it seems the Charon is back up to her usual readiness. Being a Science recon based ship we will be a great pairing with our previous history of CMO and CSO respectively I think we shall be able to handle whatever they throw at us. We just got to wait on the Admiralty to give us our mission.”

==Tag==

#10 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.23 @ 06:39 (06:39 AM)

Beno knew that it was going to be another hard lesson for her to learn,  that when she becomes Commanding Officer it will not only be a hand off of duties and the gaining of all new ones. Just like for the first time in a while, she had to learn about a whole new crew. There would be a whole new ship to learn, and going over the ships maps won't really help much.

"That is going to be a harder lesson for me to learn, I have been so intertwined with the crew it will be hard for me to do." With a newer crew it might be a little easier, as well as handing off the duties as First Officer. She also knew the drill about the hurry up and wait, it was a common theme for their profession. You get the orders, and than wait for more. 

"With your permission I would like a surprise meeting with both Gerdan, and Luna, and lets not make them aware I am here just for a better surprise. I know the reunion will be a happy one, but I would like to keep it on the down low from the rest of the crew." Eventually the crew would figure out they were friends, and this was one of the few things private that she would require some level of privacy. 

Ever since Beno even considered taking any sort of Command, she always knew more people were going to pay attention to what she does. The higher the rank and position, the more people that payed attention to her. This was going to be the best part of the trip, and the start of good times.

==Tag==

#11 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.24 @ 22:03 (10:03 PM)

Daniel listened to what Beno had to say about being intertwined with the crew and knew what she was driving at. It was a brilliant position being an First Officer, you got to do the day to day running of the ship and when it came to the more difficult decisions sometimes you could hand that over to your Commanding Officer. Once you step up through the buck then stops with you and the responsibility for everyone on board becomes your problem depending on how you deal with a situation. 

Velaul then went on to say she would like permission to ‘surprise’ Venta and Pond. 

Brooks smiled, 

“Yes, of course you can, I wouldn’t want to take that away from you. In fact, if it was me in your shoes, I would have probably asked to do the same.”

Finishing off the last of his cup of peppermint tea, Commander Brooks was starting to feel as if the meeting was coming to a natural close. 

“It’s a good job we have some shore leave as it will give you time to have a look around the Charon. I would think your belongings would be already put in your First Officer quarters that will be a bit bigger to what you are use to. Sorry in advance if you have me trying to get in one night because I have forgotten I have moved up the corridor.”

Dan got up and took his empty cup to the replicator, placing it on the tray the cup vanished. 

He realised how hard all this was going to be, having now taking the largest step of his career, the biggest bite to chew on. 

Turning back to Beno he said, 

“I think we will end up having an interesting working relationship that will hopefully grow in such away that you will end up in your own Command Chair, but being the CO isn’t all it is cracked up to be…. Sometimes being the FO is having the best of both worlds, dipping your toes in the water of either role. Cherish it for what it is Velaul, it does go by rather quickly sometimes.”

Commander Brooks knew what ever mission Command was going to send them on he had three new officers in critical roles, Commander Velaul which for some reason his gut was saying off the bat to trust her judgement, Lieutenant Venta being the new Chief Science Officer and along with putting McGill into an Acting Chief Medical Officer role was going to put pressure on the latter two and he hoped they were both up to the job. Velaul would be crucial role in bring them on. At least Dan had made his piece with the Chief Engineer and things on that front will move more smoothly he hoped in the future. 

“Oh, and one more really strange and odd thing Velaul. On the Bridge your seat is to my right-hand side, I like you to take the seat to my immediate right in the Observation Lounge to. I know it might sound on but it just a little thing so I know where you are.”

==Tag back==

#12 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.25 @ 06:51 (06:51 AM)

Between the two officers, everything was going great. Both people had a lot to offer the other person, and they both had a lot to teach as well as learn. Luna on the other hand might be able to prevent Beno from doing a swan dive into the fire, but even she had a twenty five percent chance of being successful. That was twenty four percent chance more than anyone else, there was a one percent margin for error.

"Dan I am perfectly aware that when the Command chair, they look at it in aww. When someone gets there, it can feel like a prison. There are a couple of things I always keep in mind, this actually separates me from a lot of people. One of them is beware of what you wish for, the day will come where you are going to get it. The other is heavy is the head that wears the crown, in my case it will be the Tiara." The truth of the matter was, no Commanding Officer could keep up with her, and she always did things with a smile.

"I also believe that we are going to get along famously, between Luna and I your aging process might go up a few years by day. We are going to make you go grey or bald, but you will have well defined laugh lines." It was light hearted humor to make him laugh, and that was what she was always about. 

"As for the other request, its not all that odd. The First Officer being the right hand person to the Commanding Officer being on the right, it actually makes a lot of sense. Me on the other hand have a sword, knife, and dagger collection. I have a special dagger with Sting written on the blade, its my lucky dagger and I carry it on most away missions. I smoke cigars on occasion, and have a special bottle of Scotch brought in from Scotland for the day I become Commanding officer. I have an entire list of things I do that others might see as odd, and that does not even move the needle.."

Beno had a plan when it came to the two friends, for Luna having the three blue jell-o shots and the black hole shot. Beno actually called ahead and made sure that she would get them at the Promotion party, and Beno knew that Luna would not get it at first. For Gerdan there was a special program that she had gotten, it was the State Fair he was talking about before. It was a special program, and she would never use it without him. 

==Tags==

#13 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.25 @ 11:33 (11:33 AM)

Brooks could help but laugh at the remark about going bold or grey either way it was going to come to him one day. 

"As for the other request, its not all that odd. The First Officer being the right hand person to the Commanding Officer being on the right, it actually makes a lot of sense. Me on the other hand have a sword, knife, and dagger collection. I have a special dagger with Sting written on the blade, its my lucky dagger and I carry it on most away missions. I smoke cigars on occasion, and have a special bottle of Scotch brought in from Scotland for the day I become Commanding officer. I have an entire list of things I do that others might see as odd, and that does not even move the needle.."

Daniel was a little relieved that Beno got his meaning at least. 

“I quite agree. I have known some odd characters in the past….” 

When he said odd for some reason it reminded him of Commander Dys who had come through a temporal shift from another timeline. Some of what she had did come true, Fields was now a Captain and he himself had been First Officer, maybe not for Captain Fields but it made him wonder just for a moment of how different the time lines actually were and weather he was in command of the Charon in another timeline. 

Moving back across the desk to Beno. 

“I think, like you said we will make a good team together and I am sure with our Command styles the crew will continue to grow.” Commander Brooks said, 

Then added, 

“Unless there is anything else? I guess I can let you go for a look around the ship? I can get someone to give you a guided tour if you like or would you like to take it all in for yourself? You will be the one in charge of the day to day running. I’m sure you will fit in brilliantly.”

==Tag==

#14 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.25 @ 20:55 (08:55 PM)

seeing how that this was a large ship, there was a lot of exploring that could be done. There were also a lot of ways to get lost, and the computer would be able to help out with that. There was also something said about the personal touch. "I am going to make my way to deck six, I want to take a good look at the Waverider shuttle. I would like someone that would represent the Enlisted to join me there in about a half hour, this will probably be the person I work with a lot." The Enlisted have always been the hardest working class in the Military, and they always knew something that no Officer would. 

There were a lot of other areas that she was going to explore, Engineering was the second on the list. The main purpose of her tour was to fly under the radar, she will make her presence known when Beno was ready for it. The hard part was to keep a low profile, to her low profile was a foreign concept and had something to do with celeries.

Walking to the door Beno stopped. "When the time comes, I request the Honor of giving you that fourth pip. It isn't something that comes up a lot, and it is the best one that there is." She left the room, and started the tour.

>>>> Shuttle bay-- Waverider Access ==

#15 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22203.26 @ 20:31 (08:31 PM)

Commander Brooks couldn’t help but think of how many officers had looked over the Waverider shuttle just wishing to be in it. In fact, even on his away missions it was yet to be used. She was completely pristine condition still. 

“We do have our Chief of the Boat, T’Kol who might be able to help you but who ever you really feel is best suited to your requirements.” Dan said. 

Velaul got up and started to head to the door, getting their she said. 

"When the time comes, I request the Honor of giving you that fourth pip. It isn't something that comes up a lot, and it is the best one that there is." 

Commander Brooks replied before she left the room, 

Let’s see if I can pull this mission off before we go jumping ahead to the fourth pip.” He gave Beno a nod and a smile. 

Once the First Officer left, Daniel retook his seat. 

He knew that nothing was yet handed to him, he had been notified that he will carry on being Acting CO until Command had decided what to do with the Charon. At least having a new First Officer onboard seemed to give him the idea that they had confidence in him at least to pull off what ever mission they had in mind for the ship. Even, the crew seem to be heavily supportive of him being their new CO. 

Dan felt quite moved at it all. He sent an message back to his parents to tell them he won’t be seeing them again this shore leave because of a situation had thrust him into being the Acting Captain. 

Before, turning his attention back to a couple of other matters that need to be doing, Brooks opened a draw in the desk and pulled out a little black box. Getting up out of the chair, Daniel decided it was time to head to Sickbay and sort a couple of things out. 

>>>Sickbay>>>

#16 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.04 @ 09:24 (09:24 AM)

==Mission Timeline==

Commander Brooks  was in the Ready Room sitting in the chair with his uniform jacket hung over the back of it, he been overseeing a couple of updates that the Charon had received since being in Space Dock. 

He had moved some personal items into the room itself, including a holographic picture of his parents on the desk opposite side to where the computer terminal was. The crew was now settled and had accepted the changes to the Command team as well as a couple of new Department Heads that he would have to see how they perform. McGill he knew for a while and had a lot of faith in her as for Venta the new Chief Science Officer, his new First Officer Commander Velaul seemed to rate him. Hopefully, her faith wasn’t misplaced like his could be in McGill. 

Lieutenant Commander Pond had gone back to her duties as just the Chief Security Officer but he could see her one day wearing a Command Red uniform. Lieutenant Daniels had come a long way since he was given the role of Chief Engineer and having settled their differences from the past couple of difficult mission, Commander Brooks looked forward to working with him. 

Other new arrival was Lieutenant Troy who was trained as a counsellor with her two animals which was a different approach. 

Daniel now just had to prove he could be the Commanding Officer to all those above, it was proving time and the Charon crew were very supportive of him. It made Brooks realize that sometimes working hard and quietly in the background does provide a good outcome eventually.

It been a couple of years since he had the feelings of excitement and nervousness at the levels he been feeling recently. The last time was when he was made First Officer and the time before that was being the Acting Chief Medical Officer. It was a new era dawning for the Charon and even through she was fairly new, he knew the crew for a long time and knew they will perform the best they can to help him complete what ever they were to be assigned. 

It was then came a message from the Chief of Security on his terminal screen, 

[Sir Pond here... your presence is needed on the Bridge we have three armed visitors. An Andorian zhen Captain with a Nausicaan and a Tellarite. The Captain is irritated.... Pond out ]

Commander Brooks, stood up from his seat and quickly pulled the jacket off the back of it. Slipping it on Dan was doing it up as he started to walk towards the door that exited onto the Bridge. 

>>>Bridge>>>

#17 GM-18

GM-18

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1391 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22204.10 @ 17:41 (05:41 PM)

As the doors closed behind the trio who had entered the Ready Room, the Tellarite entered a code into the door and the hatch sealed with a clunk. The meeting would not be disturbed with the doors manually sealed in such a way, and he took position by the door at parade rest with his hands clasped behind his back but within easy reach of his weapons.

The zhen wasted no time in getting straight to work.

"We do not have much time so I will be brief. A situation has developed along the Cardassian Border and we need a ship to investigate; yours is the most advanced vessel in range, so that job falls to you."

Reaching inside her jacket, she produced a PADD. Placing it on Brooks' desk, the holoprojector sprang to life. A class-M world floated into view, not unlike Earth or Betazed or any other of the thousands of life-sustaining worlds in the galaxy.

"This is Vinex III, a world just inside Federation territory. The culture there is primitive, roughly equivalent to Earth's 6th century in terms of religious and cultural development. One of our border patrol craft picked up a warp signature in the area, and we need to rule out Cardassian intervention. Your orders are to investigate, rule out or confirm Cardassian involvement, and ensure that Vinex III remains undisturbed. You are authorized to use whatever force you deem necessary."

#18 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.10 @ 18:47 (06:47 PM)

<<<Bridge<<<

Commander Brooks walked around behind the desk, noticing that the Tellarite had also come in. The door then closed behind them and the Tellarite proceeded to enter a code that sealed the door with a clunk. 

Good job none of us are claustrophobic

Dan’s eyes watched as the Tellarite put his hands behind his back as he took up position by the door. Once everything was secure The zhen wasted no time in getting straight to work.

"We do not have much time so I will be brief. A situation has developed along the Cardassian Border and we need a ship to investigate; yours is the most advanced vessel in range, so that job falls to you."

Commander Brooks frowned as The Zhen pulled out a PADD from her inside jacket pocket and placed it on the desk, the holoprojector sprang into life. It looked like a class-M world, looking a lot like Earth or Betazed. 

"This is Vinex III, a world just inside Federation territory. The culture there is primitive, roughly equivalent to Earth's 6th century in terms of religious and cultural development. One of our border patrol craft picked up a warp signature in the area, and we need to rule out Cardassian intervention. Your orders are to investigate, rule out or confirm Cardassian involvement, and ensure that Vinex III remains undisturbed. You are authorized to use whatever force you deem necessary."

Commander Brooks listened to the briefing from the Captain as he watched the world slowly spin on the holoprojector. 

“Vinex III, sounds like a wonderful place to stop by and see what is going on. I hope the Cardassians aren’t trying us out or using the primitive culture like they did with the Bajorian’s.” Brooks commented his thinking out loud. 

“I will use whatever is necessary Captain, but I don’t want to start a war with Cardassia unless there is no other choice. We have only just gone back to exploring the galaxy and the last thing we will want is a war again. The Charon is already resupplied, we just need to recall the crew and could be underway within the hour.” Brooks said his eyes coming up from the projection to meet the Zhen’s. 

“Is this a need to know or can I tell my Senior Officers?” Commander Brooks asked as due to the level of security shown it made him wonder how sensitive this all actually was. 

==Tags GM==

#19 GM-18

GM-18

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1391 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22204.14 @ 00:12 (12:12 AM)

The zhen's antennae continued to twitch as Brooks ruminated at the situation, and her eyes watched him very closely. Once his eyes met hers, she reached forward to deactivate the PADD, and placed it back inside her coat.

"This is need to know, and you will be operating under strict comm. silence. No communications in or out, we can't let the Cardassians know we are on to them."

At a nod from the zhen, the Tellarite unlocked the door. Turning and walking back towards the door, she paused and glanced over her shoulder.

"Be warned, there are some in the Federation and Cardassian Union who believe the war has already begun."

Without another word, she turned and left, coat billowing in her wake.

#20 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.14 @ 18:58 (06:58 PM)

The zhen reached forward to deactivate the PADD, and placed it back inside her coat.

"This is need to know, and you will be operating under strict comm. silence. No communications in or out, we can't let the Cardassians know we are on to them."

Commander Brooks watched as the zhen gave a nod to her guard who then unlocked the door before she turned and headed towards the door. She paused and glanced over her shoulder.

"Be warned, there are some in the Federation and Cardassian Union who believe the war has already begun."

Without another word, she turned and left, coat billowing in her wake.

As their unexpected guests left the Ready Room, Daniel sat back into the chair as he weighed up the mission that had been set out for them. It wasn’t going to be easy but Dan knew he had the right crew with him. 

Getting up from the chair, Daniel headed back out to the Bridge. 

>>>Bridge>>>

#21 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.24 @ 20:24 (08:24 PM)

<<<Bridge<<<

Brooks entered the Ready Room and moved around behind the desk; however, he didn’t sit down and remained standing. Velaul had been close behind him and the door swiftly closed. 

Commander Brooks eyed the Trill carefully; he knew that the officer was highly recommended and his gut feeling made him feel he could trust her with what ever Dan needed to. 

“Commander, we are heading to Vinex lll as a patrol ship has picked up warp signatures in the area.  With the factor that Vinex lll is closer to like Earth in the sixth century it is causing alarm and concern at Star Fleet Headquarters due to it proximity towards the Cardassian boarder. We are to investigate where these warp trails are coming from and deduce weather it is the Cardassians having crossed the border into Federation space. Our mission requires us to be comms silent so as not to alert them if they are in the area.”

He paused to let the information Dan just said sink in his icy blue eyes studied hers and then added, 

“It could all be innocent. I was tempted to use the Quantum Drive to get there in thirty minutes but it means then we have an shut down of thirty six hours and given the situation we could be sailing into I think we would be better to use the warp drive and get there at a slightly longer pace. I will brief the other Department Heads when we get closer. Star Fleet has told me it is a need-to-know mission that’s why I am letting you know first.”

==Tag Velaul==

Edited by Capt Jennifer Braggins, Star Date 22205.01 @ 16:53 (04:53 PM).

#22 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.24 @ 23:07 (11:07 PM)

Beno listened to everything that he had to say, and there was a lot of information that Dan had given her. The concerns that she had about the Cardassians, was what were they doing there. It could have been an navigational error, or it could have been a sensor error on Star Fleets behalf. Also being that close to a planet that had limited technology, it almost reminded her of the past.

"First thing I would do is put a command lock on all comms, both in and out. This would limit out exposure, and reduce any exposure." She went into a look of deep thought for a second. "At that technology level they wont have satellite technology, but there is a good chance that they could have telescopes. If we were to stay on the dark side of the orbiting planets, that way we can stay hidden from anyone on the planet." 

Beno was flattered that she was the first person to know about this, and both did not want word to get out to the crew, they might over react a little. She also felt the same way about the quantum drive, Coming in hard and heavy like that might send the wrong message, and might make them more visible to everyone around them.

"I think we should put a little something together before we get them in a room together, I am sure that you have a plan of attack for that."  Beno was already going a little too far on the planning phase, but that's just part of her charm.

==Tag back==

#23 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.25 @ 20:17 (08:17 PM)

Commander Brooks listened to his First Officer’s suggestions on what to do and he was pleased that the Trill was working on a number of theories already. 

"I think we should put a little something together before we get them in a room together, I am sure that you have a plan of attack for that."  Finished Beno. 

Daniel gave a small smile in return to Velaul’s comments then said, 

“I think we need to do as you said, find a spot to hide or at least keep us in orbit at a distance that may just make the Charon look like a moving star or something. We need to do a through check of the area and it might include an away team to assess and see what if any intervention may have taken place with whoever made the warp signatures but we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it. I don’t want anyone jumping to conclusions as we need to assess the evidence, we find on its own merits. I already been told people in the Federation as well as in the Cardassian Union believe a war between us has started. I would like to try and avert any such incident at all costs, but we have been authorised to use whatever means necessary if it is the Cardassians to remove them from our territory.” 

While he was talking Dan found himself absent minded drumming his finger tips on the desk top. 

Suddenly noticing, Dan stopped it and said, 

“I think this mission maybe tougher than it first appears but I am sure we will get through it.”

Moving around so he was in front of the desk with Velaul he said, 

“I really don’t like the fact we are sent out alone to see what is going on but we were the only ship available. I think we need to gather the Department Heads and see what they think, at the moment through we are totally in the dark of what is in the area. Get Science and Tactical to work together on long range sensors, any information that is picked up will give us a better picture for when we arrive. I want to make sure we have not many surprises when we drop out of warp. As a former Science Officer, you are perfectly place as First Officer on this mission, we may have a CSO but two heads are better than one.” 

Commander Brooks then headed back round behind the desk and sat down in the chair, tapping a few commands into the terminal he locked out everyone’s communications out of the ship apart from his own and Velaul’s voice codes. Looking back at Velaul he added, 

“I think, it might be best to inform the crew with the basics of the mission throughout the ship, then we can have a DH meeting later if it is required.”

==Tag Velaul==

#24 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.25 @ 23:35 (11:35 PM)

Listening to what Dan had to say, there had to be something that she had to say and the time is now. "This mission being easy, and how it appears to me are not even in the same solar system. If we have Luna check the security logs, I am willing to bet that there is no logs that the Captain and her goon squad were ever here. I am also willing to bet that there is no record they even exist, so we are on our own in more than one sense."

She stopped to think about what to say next, and she was certain that they covered their tracks pretty good. It might even take a lot to uncover anything, and Beno was not sure if anyone on the ship could do it. "I think you are right we should have a meeting with all of our department heads, even with the little that we have I am sure its better than the nothing they have. I would also like your permission to have a private sidebar with Luna, talk over the concerns I have that would be best suited if only the three of us knew about. "

Beno did not like the fact they were on their own either, and chances were almost certain no one from Star Fleet Command know they were even going there. "In order to be successful in this I think we should play this close to the vest, With the bridge crew knowing where we are going, what they don't know is why. If we tell them that we are going there just to run some routine scanns to update our records, because the records we do have are outdated."

Hearing herself talk, only one thought came to mind. I spent too much time around both Keval and Luna, I sounded more like a tactical and security officer. So my compliments to them, because of them I have a better understanding. There is already too much cloak and dagger stuff going on, we don't need the crew thinking that there is any going on.

"As for the departments working together, I couldn't agree more. With what we should put out there for the crew, it would be natural for those pairings. As for the communications lockout, we can explain that by saying that we want to avoid any accidental exposure to Cardassian attention." It was all about the spin control, and keeping people calm.

==Tag==

#25 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.29 @ 15:03 (03:03 PM)

Daniel nodded in agreement and said, 

“Yes. Sounds a good start. I guess we can only hope for a good outcome.”

Not wanting to keep them from the Bridge any longer he said, 

“Shall we?” gesturing to the door, Brooks didn’t want too much speculation going around just yet of why they were heading out across the Sol System at such a high warp after the visit with the ever so slightly mysterious Captain.

Heading over to the door, Commander Brooks stopped and let Velaul go first before he followed. 

>>>Bridge>>>

==Tag Velaul==

#26 Cdr Velaul

Cdr Velaul

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 1263 posts
  • First Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-8803
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22204.29 @ 21:25 (09:25 PM)

Beno didn't want to stay in there any longer than needed, and when Dan stood up. "Shall we?" Beno got up and followed closely. The crew was going to need direction, because this was the start of a whole new chapter. Or better yet, throw out the book entirely and start a new one.

"We shall." She said and had a very strong feeling of unity, they have a strong group and they were going to be capable of anything. Beno wanted to help them expand into the people they can be, and the solid leaders that will be followed by all.

>>>>Bridge>>>

#27 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Discord:trekker72405#1915
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.05 @ 00:14 (12:14 AM)

== Prior to start of Vinex III mission ==

It had seemed like an eternity had passed between her graduation and actually receiving her order to report to the Charon. However, the time had finally come and Victoria found herself just outside the entrance to the Ready Room. She’d been informed upon her arrival to the ship, that her Commanding Officer, Commander Brooks, was currently in his inner sanctum.

I hate having what seems like piles of paperwork just to report in. Half of this feels like they’re trying to remind me I’m Orion by needing to have my medical history as apart of my file. Have to I’m taking my pheromone suppressant, even though it doesn’t make a difference.

Victoria engaged the chime to let the occupant inside know that they had a visitor. As she awaited for approval to enter, she began to subconsciously shuffle the two PADDs, the one that contained her orders and the other that displayed her medical. She hoped it wouldn’t be turned into a whole dog and pony show.

== Tag Brooks. I figured reporting in here would make sense. By the time my post on the Bridge, 12 in-game days had already passed, so it wouldn’t make logical sense to report in then. ==

#28 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.05 @ 13:42 (01:42 PM)

== Prior to start of Vinex III mission ==

Commander Brooks couldn’t quite believe the amount of Admin there was to do having taken over as the Acting Commanding Officer. The PADD’s seem to be never ending with different problems and requests. He still secretly admired the officers like Velaul his First Officer who had a little bit of both worlds.  

Brooks went over to the replicator and refilled his cup with his usual order of peppermint tea and return to the desk sitting down in the CO chair. It still made him wonder how those officers had just arrived onboard without anyone letting him or at least the Chief of Security know. Dan went back to the PADD he had, which the pile that was around eight had now got down to two.  

It was then the door chime went and he looked up from the PADD, he wasn’t expecting anyone but then again it been a while since Daniel had arrange a meeting with anyone so he wondered for a moment if he had forgotten.  

“Enter.” Brooks said.  

The door slid back to show an Orion woman in Star Fleet Tactical Uniform stood in the door way.  

==Tag Vega, and great thinking!== 

#29 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.05 @ 18:59 (06:59 PM)

== Pre-mission ==

When the confirmation to enter the Ready Room had been provided, Victoria was still mindlessly shuffling the PADDs she’d brought with her. As the door parted ways, she was greeted by the sight of the Commander with a figurative pile of paperwork at his desk. A part of her wondered if she should return at a later time, as to not add more fuel onto the paperwork fire.

I’m already here. It would look bad if I turned around ran with my tail tucked between my legs. Not only would it make me look bad, but it would also shine a negative spotlight on the instructors at the Academy. Here we go.

Taking a step inside, the door closed behind her, and she was now ‘trapped’ inside. While retreat had never been a possibility, it was now within the realm of impossibility. It was one of the few times she wished she produced pheromones like most Orions did, but then if that were the case, she would’ve never been led down the path that took her to Star Fleet. She could’ve easily gone into the family business within the Syndicate. With her two PADDs in hand, she approached the desk.

“Commander Brooks, I’m Midshipman Vega and I just received my orders to report to the Charon via Star Fleet Command.”

The top PADD she carried, containing her transfer orders, she removed and offered it to her new Commanding Officer. Her brown eyes darted back towards the other PADD, and Victoria mentally tried to find a logical reason to withhold that particular one. However, even she knew what the regulations required. Reluctantly, she handed it over as well.

“This second PADD confirms my compliance with the required medical inoculations that neutralize an Orion’s natural producing pheromones. I’m sure an additional copy will be supplied to the medical staff, by way of Star Fleet Medical.”

Victoria always hated this particular reminder. Having always tried to push being Orion out of her mind, it seemed like everything, and everyone, had to remind her. As if the color of her skin didn’t make it clearly obvious. Even her tone regarding the medical requirements revealed she had contempt for it, but most individuals wouldn’t know the underlying reason.

== Tag ==

#30 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.05 @ 20:16 (08:16 PM)

==Premission== 

The Orion officer stepped inside and the door closed behind her as she made her way over to the desk.  

“Commander Brooks, I’m Midshipman Vega and I just received my orders to report to the Charon via Star Fleet Command.” reported in the Orion before handing over the first of two PADD’s she was holding.  

Commander Brooks smiled and replied, “Welcome aboard Midshipman Vega.” 

Before the officer handed him a second PADD,  

“This second PADD confirms my compliance with the required medical inoculations that neutralize an Orion’s natural producing pheromones. I’m sure an additional copy will be supplied to the medical staff, by way of Star Fleet Medical.” 

Daniel understood this too well being a former Chief Medical Officer,  

“Thank you. I guessed you would have something like this due to you being an Orion. I have served with one or two of your races before on other starships as well as being a former CMO. I know it is customary for a new officer to swing by the medical department for the usual checkups so just make sure that they have the same information there as you have been provided with. Currently your Chief Tactical Officer is indisposed so your main port of call until he is available will be Commander Velaul, the First Officer.” Brooks said passing the PADD’s back to the Midshipman having signed them off.  

Commander Brooks then added,  

“I know it is dramatically different once you arrive on your ship from the Academy. Some say you don’t really finish your training until you get a solid single gold pip that makes you an Ensign. All I can say is for the first few week's soak everything up like a sponge. Listen, work hard at your tasks and you will get along quickly. Having said that, I have had a heads up from the Academy of your arrival and it seems to them that you done far more glowing then predicted. With that in mind, we hope you will be assigned to us for a long time and become one of the Charon's noted officers.” 

Giving the Midshipman and big smile before adding,  

“Have you got any questions?”  the Commander asked.  

==Tag Vega== 

#31 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.06 @ 00:29 (12:29 AM)

== Pre-mission ==

“Thank you. I guessed you would have something like this due to you being an Orion.”

Victoria wondered how many people didn’t see past the skin. For the last four years, she didn’t even count herself as an Orion anymore, despite what a medical tricorder kept telling her. Then again, if she were a Human refugee that took up the Orion lifestyle would just be judged as harshly? It was one of the various mysteries that existed throughout the universe.

Commander Brooks went on with who she was reporting in to, for the time being it happened to be the First Officer as her actual department head was currently indisposed, for whatever reason. Not that she thought she’d ever have one-on-ones with her department head. Although with only a department size of twenty-six it might be more common than she’d think.

“Having said that, I have had a heads up from the Academy of your arrival and it seems to them that you done far more glowing then predicted.”

That was a little surprising for Victoria. She wasn’t exactly at the top of her class, but she wasn’t at the bottom either. She’d managed to run through the middle of the pack her entire time, and she couldn’t help wonder if it was because the instructors were making it slightly more difficult for her. Without directly asking them there was no way to determine whether Victoria’s assumption was correct. When asked if she had any questions, the young woman didn’t have any.

“None currently, but there is something I’d like to be frank about. Regardless of what a scanner says, or my physical appearance for that matter, I am not Orion.”

Victoria was getting a little frustrated by the end. Not frustrated enough to be loud and yelling, but enough to where it could be shown that a cord was struck. Knowing she was on the verge of what she thought crossing the line was, Victoria took a breath and sat down opposite of Brooks. She figured she needed to at least explain herself, to keep from making thing potentially worse for herself.

“I guess that’s a bit of a touchy subject.”

The Midshipman couldn’t help but humorlessly chuckle at her comment. She wanted to inject some humor, but Victoria knew she was coming up significantly short.

“I didn’t mean any disrespect, sir. You see while you might’ve served with other Orions, they’re nothing like me as I’m more or less a genetic accident. My body doesn’t generate pheromones of any quantity that’s actually useful. For example, if I came in her without my regular inoculation, it would, at best, succeed in potentially giving you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.”

Being neutered as an Orion had doomed her life from a young age, initially. Had she not been saved, well that’s not something Victoria ever wanted to find out the consequences. Besides, even her own family considered her dead at this point, and that was more than okay for her.

“Until I was rescued, my own biological family was prepared to sell me into slavery, and not in the good way for an Orion female.”

Victoria wasn’t sure if Commander Brooks even knew about some of the basic understandings of the Orion Syndicate, which facilitated the majority of the slave marketplace. For Orion females, it was more of an act. Because of their pheromones they typically had more control over their ‘owner’, and the roles were reversed, despite what it looked like on the surface.

“So if my own family couldn’t see me as an Orion, then it’s something I don’t want to be reminded of. Here in the Federation, there’s a stigma when it comes to Orions, particularly the women, and I’ve tried to distance myself from that. The inoculations remind me of it constantly, but I won’t argue the regulations, even in my case. Honestly, I’m more Human than I am Orion. And while I don’t expect to be seen as Human, I would respectfully ask to not be seen as Orion. Sir.”

#32 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.06 @ 18:31 (06:31 PM)

==Premission== 

Commander Brooks listened carefully to the Midshipman's explanation and gave her a smile,  

“I had actually read your file Midshipman Vega, I wanted to test to see how you would react to others who may not know your situation and you passed with flying colours. I can't say people will assume down the line, everyone makes judgements weather they should do or not. We just got to strive to prove them wrong.”  

Commander Brooks then added his icy blue eyes studied her carefully,  

“It can’t be easy for you but once you're part of this crew your part of our family. We look after one another.”  

Daniel hoped the young officer would see there was no bad intention to what he had just done, he just wanted to test the officer's reaction.  

“I would suggest that now you have reported in would be to head to Sickbay and make sure your medical record with them is clear to on your situation.”  

==Tag Vega== 

#33 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.07 @ 01:04 (01:04 AM)

== Pre-mission ==

The fact that it was nothing more than a test of her character wasn’t exactly what Victoria had been expecting. More along the lines of what her performance might be will on duty, but perhaps that was why she wasn’t in a command uniform. The powers that be always seemed to have more they looked at then at first glance.

“I would suggest that now you have reported in would be to head to Sickbay and make sure your medical record with them is clear to on your situation.”

It appeared the little impromptu meeting was now coming to a close. Not that Victoria had planned for anything longer than to hand over the necessary PADDs. Besides she figured he was relatively busy, being the Commanding Officer and all. As a Midshipman, Victoria was supposed to just listen and follow orders. She had to earn her place after all. Rising from the chair, the young woman returned the friendly smile.

“If there’s nothing else, Commander, I’ll go ahead and take care of that.”

== End of timeline? ==

#34 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.07 @ 19:03 (07:03 PM)

==Premission== 

The Midshipman got up from the seat with the intention to head off to Sickbay, Commander Brooks couldn’t help wonder if anything he had said actually meant much to the new fresh-faced officer.  

“If there’s nothing else, Commander, I’ll go ahead and take care of that.” Vega said.  

Commander Brooks raised an eyebrow slightly before saying,  

“Yes, sounds like a good idea... unless of course there is any questions you want to ask me? The First Officer Commander Velaul is also available if your Department Head isn’t.” 

==Tag Vega, give you a chance to ask me anything before you exit.== 

#35 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.08 @ 00:34 (12:34 AM)

== Pre-mission ==

“Yes, sounds like a good idea... unless of course there is any questions you want to ask me? The First Officer Commander Velaul is also available if your Department Head isn’t.”

A wave of confusion began to spread across Victoria’s face. Why was the Commander insistent on whether or not she had questions for him, or her superior officers for that matter. What exactly was he trying to get out of her?

“Honestly, I didn’t come here with any questions in mind. I just expected nothing more than to report in.”

There were some recent events that had been making their way through the grapevines considering the Charon. Perhaps that was what the Commander was referring to, so he could put those rumors to bed. Unless her fellow junior officers had been puling her leg when she learned of her assignment.

“Unless, of course, you’re referring to the talk on base that the Charon is a ‘bad luck’ assignment. It’s first two missions that ended up in failure with the most recent resulting in the death of several personnel, including your predecessor. Whatever the grapevine says is hearsay, as far as I’m concerned at the moment. I’ll perform my duties just as I would if I were assigned to, say, the Enterprise. Unless, of course, I’m missing the mark of what you’re wanting me to ask about.”

Victoria was still confused, but at the very least she was determined. Perhaps the Charon was unlucky like it was claimed to be, but that was in the past. Just as much as she tried to ignore her own negative past, she could easily do the same with the Charon. All that mattered was the future and what they would make of their opportunities.

#36 Cdr Daniel Brooks

Cdr Daniel Brooks

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 2538 posts
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.09 @ 08:47 (08:47 AM)

==Premission== 

Commander Brooks nodded at Vega response about just reporting in but he always wanted to give everyone the opportunity to ask anything that might be on their mind.  

He noticed the confusion on the young Midshipman's face before she went on to explain about the Charon being a ‘bad luck’ vessel and his predecessor being killed in an accident on board on the last mission. It was the one thing that had been in Brooks mind for a long time about restoring and rebuilding the Charon’s reputation among the fleet. It wasn’t unusual for new vessels to have teething problems but granted the Charon’s did rank among the highest in extreme charts of what could happen. 

“Well.....” Commander Brooks gave a little sigh then continued “Being now the new Acting Commanding Officer, I am hoping that we can put our first two missions behind us and have a more positive missions under my command. With the likes of yourself and others that are joining us I am sure we can build on it and turn the reputation of the ship around. I know there has been lots of rumors of late and it can’t be helped, that is the nature of gossip on some very little actual fact. Sometimes needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.”  

There was a hint of sadness behind Commander Brooks icy blue eyes as he then added,  

“I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t any question on your mind that you hadn’t had a chance to ask anyone.” 

Giving Vega a smile, “I look forward to seeing how you grow in your role on this ship Midshipman and I am sure you will be climbing the ranks in no time at all.” 

Commander Brooks stood up from behind his desk and said,  

“Midshipman Vega, you are dismissed from reporting in, your orders are to head to Sickbay first then get ready for your first shift. Good luck.” 

==Tag Vega== 

#37 Mid Victoria Vega

Mid Victoria Vega

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Tactical Officer
  • USS Charon, RSV-88003
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22208.10 @ 01:19 (01:19 AM)

== Pre-Mission ==

It seemed as though Brooks were laying down the blame of the ship’s prior problem at the foot of his predecessor. There might’ve been some truth to that, as a bad captain could lead down a path of failure. Whether or not that assumption had any merit, Victoria didn’t know. The person being ‘accused’ was no longer amongst the living, and had no way of defending themselves.

“Midshipman Vega, you are dismissed from reporting in, your orders are to head to Sickbay first then get ready for your first shift. Good luck.”

Considering they hadn’t launched yet, Victoria figured that meant she’d effectively be babysitting the ship. Even in dock, someone had to oversee the ship in case there was some emergency. It would make things easier to be prepared if the Charon had to launch without warning. Regardless, Victoria figured all of that would change eventually.

“Aye, sir.”

With the simple acknowledgement, Victoria gracefully turned towards the exit of the Ready Room that would lead her back onto the Bridge, so she could enter the turbolift. She left Brooks back to his already established stack of PADDs. Something she was glad she didn’t have to attend to.

== End timeline. We can assume the Sickbay visit occurred “off-screen”. There’s already mission stuff going on in that thread and I don’t want to cause any confusion. ==