#1 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 1923 posts
  • Commanding Officer
  • USS Philadelphia, FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.13 @ 22:36 (10:36 PM)

==

#2 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 684 posts
  • First Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.16 @ 20:25 (08:25 PM)

Once the transport was complete, and they found themselves on the surface of the planet, Peter immediately went back into his old security mode. The idea that it was right now Kurasa's job to keep him safe as well as secure the area for the teams had not occurred to him. He was so new to the role of First Officer that he didn't think about this at all. As soon as they materialized, Peter scanned the area for threats, to make sure that the non-combatants weren't beaming down into trouble. Or...well...at least not more trouble than could be handled. In ideal circumstances, Peter would have preferred to have a security squad with him, but he also realized that might look wrong for the natives, if a squad of armed soldiers beamed down.

So it was just him and Kurasa.

== Tag :) Any dangeroonies currently, or is it safe for the rest of the group to join our merry band? :D ==

#3 GM-18

GM-18

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1362 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22206.18 @ 20:30 (08:30 PM)

The area was called the "dust bowl" for a reason; for as far as the eye could see, there was nothing but barren rock in every direction. In addition to the heavier gravity, which would affect even the physiology of Klingons and Vulcans, the heat was astounding; Jateran's capital had been warmer than Earth standard, but here it was pushing at least one hundred degrees Farenheit and the sun was still low over the horizon. It would get much much hotter as the day progressed.

From a small encampment of prefabricated buildings, besides which some drilling equipment and a small cargo shuttle rested dormant and ready for use, came an agitated-looking J'Shashian in loose beige robes. Forgoing the traditional J'Shashian greeting, the robed alien simply marched up to Jensen with an irritated expression on his face.

"Two? Your Captain sent two people to help us?"

The J'Shashian's gaze dropped briefly to the phaser on Jensen's hip, which seemed to agitate him more.

"After all the trouble that Star Fleet has caused, I would have thought that she would send more than two armed goons to assist us!"

#4 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 684 posts
  • First Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.19 @ 05:26 (05:26 AM)

Peter was more than a little miffed at that treatment, but he kept his cool. This was his first real test as XO, and he was not about to fiddlestick it up. He put on his best friendly smile

"Leftenant Commander Peter Jensen. First Officer of the Philadelphia. This is Leftenant Commander Kurasa, our Chief of Security", Peter simply introduced himself and Kurasa. "There's a few things you should know. The first is that the last time we were here, we were attacked and almost killed by members of a faction that intended to overthrow your government, and do only Go....do something unknown to us", unsure of whether or not the concept of "God" would make sense to them or if the metaphor would be lost. "I am responsible for the wellbeing and security of the people I bring downhere, so I intend to make sure it's safe this time before I bring people who can't defend themselves. And on that note: I have engineers and scientists waiting for my go-ahead on the Philadelphia. If you would introduce yourself and tell me who you are and how you can guarantee their safety, I will be more than happy to bring them downhere. That, after all, is the point of it all.

And thirdly", he then gestured to the chaos around them, "This chaos was indeed caused by Philadelphia's strike against this region. That strike", he looked at the stranger, "happened because the tremors you've been experiencing for some time now, were the result of....what can best be described as labor. A short tale to make: A....crystalline being was going to emerge from beneath your planet's surface. We have encountered this particular type of being before. A fully grown version killed untold people, wiping out all life on an entire Federation planet many years ago. But right now this particular creature was in its infant stage, which meant it was vulnerable, and a simple strike could take it out. So that's what we did. At considerable risk of starting an interstellar war with an empire who seem to deify this particular creature. Luckily, that didn't happen, but Captain Braggins had no way of knowing that at the time. What she did know, was what this thing would do to Jateran if left to its own devices. So we destroyed it. You're welcome"; he said pointedly, pausing for a moment, before continuing:

"So, again: If you'll kindly tell us who you are, and how you aim to guarantee our people's safety, I'll bring the rest of our people down, and we can get to work", he finished. His tone was firm and "no-nonsense"; but not belligerent.

#5 LCdr Shione Kurasa

LCdr Shione Kurasa

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 1796 posts
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Philadelphia FSV-66053
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.19 @ 21:09 (09:09 PM)

The heat and gravity were intense but for the time being Shione's fitness was up to the task, but she knew that none of the crew were in any way prepared and wouldn't last very long in such intense conditions

The reaction of the J'Shashian representative surprised her but when pressed the Commander did not appear flustered and remained focused on what the crew's concerns were.

His explanation of the incident and the ship's actions were helpful but in the event that there was some measure of safety for the away team she knew that they would all need environment suits.

As the Commander finished, she stepped forward and politely inserted herself. "Please excuse me; as the First officer mentioned I am the Security chief for the ship and my role is to protect everyone working down here; and that will include your people, Sir."

She indicated her comm badge. "I am going to contact the ship and explain the environmental conditions here so that once you assure the First officer that they are safe they will arrive with clothing that would allow us to function in the heat.

"Kurasa to Transporter room. The First Officer is speaking with the J'Shashian representative to assure our safety; but in the meantime, the air temperature here is close to one hundred degrees Fahrenheit and the sun has barely risen, so protective gear and hydration will definitely be a must, Kurasa over."

She offered a smile "I spoke in front of you so that you would understand that I was not hiding anything from you."  She then gave him a slight bow of respect.

They deserve that if they are going to be working in these conditions.

== Tags where appropriate==

Edited by LCdr Shione Kurasa, Star Date 22206.19 @ 21:18 (09:18 PM).

#6 GM-18

GM-18

• Game Moderators
  • Pip
  • 1362 posts
  • Game Moderator

Posted Star Date 22206.23 @ 22:59 (10:59 PM)

The J'Shashian's expression seemed to get more irritated as Jensen and Kurasa spoke, obviously not thinking highly of anything either of them had to say. He scowled at the way he was being treated by the interlopers from beyond the stars, who were taking credit for Orphan Knows What; for all the J'Shashian knew, they had caused the issues in the first place and now were trying to pressure the people of Jateran into joining their intergalactic empire under the guise of "helping" them.

"My name is Yugoss. Doctor Yugoss. I am the Scientific Advisor to High Regent Keel."

Folding his arms, he continued.

"I was at the Palace when Minsiter Nobal's guards attacked. Many good people were killed because of your arrival, and whether or not you're here to help is still in question. Let us get this done, so you can be on your way and leave our world in peace. As for your safety? You are in the middle of a desert that spans half a continent; not even bacteria can survive here, your safety is dependent on your own skills and supplies."

Once again, Yugoss' eyes dropped to the weapons on the two Star Fleet hips.

"Unless you intend to threaten us, you will not need those. Nobody is foolish enough to journey out here to cause problems."

#7 LCdr Peter Jensen

LCdr Peter Jensen

• First Officers
  • Pip
  • 684 posts
  • First Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.24 @ 20:39 (08:39 PM)

"We do not intend to threaten, only protect", Peter assured Yugoss. "If our intentions had been hostile, we would have sent down several teams of soldiers, much more heavily armed than this.", he patted the phaser locked securely on his hip. "My only intention is to ensure the safety of the men and women under my command.". Peter was not taking Yugoss' bait at drawing him into an argument in what was no doubt an attempt to cause an incident from the doctor. He seemed the type to somewhat sympathize with the rebels who'd attacked them

"And yes, by all means, let's get to work", he agreed, then tapped his badge

"Jensen to Transporter Room. We're ready for you to transport down at your convenience. Bear in mind that the temperature is.....quite hot", he said, feeling the heat himself. Earth's Scandinavian region was not a place where the temperatures increased much beyond the mid-20s measured in Celsius normally. So this heat was definitely testing him

#8 Lt K'ehley

Lt K'ehley

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Chief Science Officer
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22206.24 @ 22:26 (10:26 PM)

As her consciousness returned along with coalescing atoms, K'ehley became aware of her arrival on the surface of the planet Jateran. She had only seen it from space and at that only on the display screens on board the Philadelphia, but now she could feel the planet beneath her feet.

The opportunity to visit new planets was a main reason for many to join Starfleet, and for K'ehley this was particularly true. She had become an exile from the Klingon Empire in order to do this after all. The scientist in her felt the exhilaration of discovery. As they were the first Starfleet crew to make contact with the people of Jateran, the Philadelphia's scientists were to be the first in the Federation to perform detailed scans in situ, take samples, do any kind of survey of lifeforms. She tried to keep her own eagerness to get to work here to herself, as not everyone on the Philadelphia crew were as excited at the prospect of being up close and personal with a Crystalline Entity as she was, even a supposedly dead one.

She had expected some data on the planet sooner than this, from Astell, her colleague that had accompanied the first Away Team when Captain Braggins and her first contact team had traveled down to the surface to meet with the governing body of the J'Shashian peoples. That first mission had been something of a disaster however, and Astell had been preoccupied with staying alive along with the rest of the team. Now things had been 'straightened out' with the locals, K'ehley and her new personnel were to do the proper survey.

Once she had fully materialised, the Klingon looked around warily. She knew that Lieutenant Commander Jensen and Lieutenant Commander Kurasa had checked and approved everything was safe, but all the same, you could take the Klingon out of the Klingon Empire, but you couldn't take the the Empire out of the Klingon. 

Seeing no horde about to leap upon them, she noted where her superior officer and security chief were standing and walked over to them. They stood with what K'ehley presumed was their local liaison.

Walking felt odd, as the planet had a higher gravity than Starfleet standard, but the Klingon was strong and fit so was sure she'd acclimatise soon enough.

Approaching, K'ehley gave the J'Shashian an appraising glance, but kept her expression neutral. She had experienced deception and aggression from the J'Shashians who had been aboard the Philadelphia while the captain and their team members had fought for their lives on the planet. Attempted coup or not, telling friend from foe had not been a simple matter before, so may be the case again now.

"Commander Jensen. Lieutenant K'ehley reporting." she said, her voice sounding a little odd through the environmental suit's communicator. "I have two of my science team with me; Doctors Vramunat and Meya Lobel." she said by way of introduction for the benefit both of the First Officer, who wouldn't be familiar with her new science personnel, and the J'Shasian representative too.

She gave a nod to each of them, and to Chief Kurasa also. She knew that she would be relying on the chief to keep a close eye on the locals while the Starfleet crew did their work.

== Tags ==