#1 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 2031 posts
  • Director of Special Projects
  • Starfleet Command
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22211.15 @ 21:19 (09:19 PM)

Good Afternoon FedSpace!

In the past, we have dabbled with the idea of NRC/NPC ships that are crewed by players from around the site; interacting with and affecting site events without being part of the "main plot". Sometimes these plots have worked, sometimes they've proven less successful than we had hoped.

(Note: I'm not counting the Klingon or Romulan ships here, as those were points-earning characters.)

What I would like to do, is give the idea another try, but with a twist... This was an RPG idea I've been mulling over in my head for over a decade but never got around to running, and since I no longer have any posting requirements at this time, I figure why not now?

Rather than being the best and brightest of Starfleet, the crew would be those best kept off the recruitment posters. The has-beens, the renegades, those who are maybe one disciplinary action away from being cashiered (think Beckett Mariner or Tom Paris if he'd owned up to the shuttle crash). Assigned an aged and broken-down ship, they're initially assigned to patrol the lawless areas along the former Romulan Neutral Zone to show the flag, but are not actually expected to succeed.

It'll be a story of heroic redemption or abject failure: There will be adventure, peril, explosions, etc. Think Down Periscope, but Star Trek!

If you are interested, you will need the following:

1) A character concept - this can be a new character or a former PRC/SRC/NRCs who might have fallen out of favour with Starfleet and need their chance at redemption. 

2) The permission of your CO.

3) A commitment to post at least once per week, preferably twice, to ensure the smooth progression of the plot.

Reminder that as an NRC ship, your PRC and SRC come first, and no points or medals will be awarded.

To apply, please e-mail me at the usual address cc'ing your CO. If you have any questions, I will try and answer them to the best of my ability, but certain information may change as things develop.

#2 Capt Jennifer Braggins

Capt Jennifer Braggins

Creative Director

• Administrators
  • 2031 posts
  • Director of Special Projects
  • Starfleet Command
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22211.16 @ 21:21 (09:21 PM)

Note: If the idea of being a renegade or troublemaker doesn't necessarily fit your idea of fun, what about your people with their quirks that makes them...frustrating to work with?

Reg Barclay, for example; a great engineer but terrible at being a Starfleet Engineer due to his holo-addiction and scattered brain? Or maybe a scientist whose own projects have always taken priority over the needs of the ship? Or a character like Nog, someone who is very much an outcast in Starfleet due to their species? Maybe even a political appointee; destined for great things simply due to who they're related to, but needing to be kept out of the way to avoid embarrasment?

The possibilities are (almost) endless!

#3 Lt Robin Mayfair

Lt Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 494 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22211.17 @ 01:36 (01:36 AM)

Email sent.

#4 Lt Matthew Daniels

Lt Matthew Daniels

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted Star Date 22211.17 @ 22:02 (10:02 PM)

I have a character who abandoned his post and it could be a redemption way for him perhaps?

Or I've got another one who's about to drop a major clanger and will likely be in jail lol

#5 Lt Robin Mayfair

Lt Robin Mayfair

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 494 posts
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • USS Artemis, EX-11000
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22211.18 @ 22:46 (10:46 PM)

Now I'm expecting a Michael Bay movie when it comes to explosions.

https://youtu.be/v7ssUivM-eM

#6 Lt (JG) Jake Morgenson

Lt (JG) Jake Morgenson

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 361 posts
  • Discord:--Bruticus Creations--#9288
  • Chief of Security
  • USS Titania, RSV-88002
  • Link to BIO

Posted Star Date 22211.19 @ 13:41 (01:41 PM)

Just curious, when is the due date for this project? I would very much like to join, but real life duties have kept me busy for those few days.

#7 Lt (JG) Natalya Simonova

Lt (JG) Natalya Simonova

• Player Account
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Acting Chief Tactical Oficer
  • USS Charon NCC-88003

Posted Star Date 22211.20 @ 12:37 (12:37 PM)

I could come up with a character for this