YE/L01 - Captain's Logs
==
Captain's Log, Stardate 22405.22:

The Yeager has been assigned to re-chart the systems that make up the border between the Federation and the Talarian Republic, a mission that should take us around three months including travel time. Following completion of the mission we are to report to Starbase 214 for further instructions. I am confident the crew will perform these duties to the best of their abilities, and the extended travel time will give us ample opportunity to shake down the systems of this newest version of the Yeager.

End Log.

Supplemental, Personal:

We've once again been shuffled off to the ass-end of nowhere, and yet I sense a greater purpose behind this than just getting us out of the way. 214 is the major hub for Talarian refugees travelling into Federation space, and where alleged clandestine support efforts are being organised.

Could it be we have been sent out to assist?

End Log.
Captain's Log, Stardate 22406.08:

We are five weeks into our shakedown cruise and one week into our survey and mapping mission. For the most part, the crew are performing well, though I now have to question my initial enthusiasm for this mission. We have been plagued my technical problems, only partly caused due to the Yeager's unorthodox design, the rest seemingly caused by substandard construction work and materials from the shipyards; Starfleet couldn't cancel a hull so close to completion, so they cheaped out on the components instead.

The glitches have, however, kept things interesting. Survey missions aren't the most thrilling assignments and crew performance can slip as a result.

So far we have found nothing exciting, though I am now being informed we may have a potential sensor contact attempting to cross the border.

We shall see.

End Log.
Captain's Log, Stardate 22407.31:

We have crossed the border into Talarian territory in response from a distress call received from an ancient DY-150 class ship in a decaying orbit around an M-class planet. Prior to this, we had stopped and searched the Disreputable Damsel, Obadiah Heathridge commanding, as a potential smuggler. He was carrying medical supplies and appeared to have been helping Talarian refugees cross the border, so I let him go.

We have also made contact with the CDS Os'rusa under the command of Gul Hanar; he indicated he was suspicious of our intentions on the border and warned us to keep to our own side, though he appeared to be operating under the oversight of a civilian, who we suspect may be a representative of the Obsidian Order. Now we are on the wrong side of the border, even answering a legitimate distress call in what is not technically Cardassian space, I expect to see the Os'rusa again soon.

I only hope we can help the passengers of the DY-150 before we do.

End Log.