TI/D01 - Bridge
[Understood, Commander Tourock,] Sothricks eyes went wide and then narrowed staring at the console before him.
It was obvious that despite his heritage her words struck a nerve.

Why?! She knows that he is guarded about him even having a first name, why would she call it out like that.

"Commander..." He paused, it seemed he would need to have a conversation with his second in charge. He took a breath and then continued.

"Commander, ... Keep me apprised of any changes. I am not sure but I will likely have you go on an away team if it is so called. Be prepared to do so. SOTHRICK out."

== Tag All ==
[I...I understand, Commander,] Nira responded back, breathing in horror, not helping herself. There was a kind of terror in her voice in reaction to Sothrick's voice, like it said, underneath Nira's spoken words, "Holy Allah, did I go too far?"

==Tag==
The Nausicaan captain looked furtive in response to Fields question about the technology.

[Certainly not.] After a few awkward seconds they cut the channel.

The probes were able to pick up the Hind's emissions and track it precisely.
Amila perked up when the data started coming through the from the Ferengi vessel that they needed. She was about to walk to the engineering station to share the data with Keir 77 when it appeared that the Nausicaans had ended the transmission.

"Are we off?" She asked to clarify. "I've got something." She waited for one of the senior officers to tell her to continue before saying more.

==Tag Senior Staff / Captain==
Sothrick keyed in as Ra'an spoke up that she had an idea. It was towards the Captain so he waited to hear what she had. His interest was obvious.

He wandered if the Nausicaan Captain was being deceptive. If they send people over to the damaged ship he would want them to be armed for any surprise the Nausicaans may decide to have if they sneak over as well, unannounced.
Keir 77 approached the station and asked Amila what had come through and how she could assist. Amila turned to the Chief Engineer and nodded.

"The Captain had me send the probes out while she was talking to the Nausicaan vessel. We have the data that we need from the Ferengi vessel." Ra'an kept the graphics on the terminal in front of them rather than using the holoprojector in case the Nausicaans were to come back into view.

"Something from the Ferengi vessel is definitely emitting a temporal variance. Our probes just confirmed that, and it's why we're seeing the space debris that was in the ship's wake phasing the way it was. Well, not just that - whatever is doing it is extremely powerful. Affecting space debris to that magnitude shouldn't be typical," Amila explained, pointing out the radius around the vessel that seemed to be affected.

"Before we can go anywhere near the Ferengi ship, we need to make sure that our deflector dish is emitting a deflection frequency that is the inverse of the variation that the temporal device inside the ship is emitting: 1.47 microseconds. Do you think your engineers can do that without drawing too much attention to the Titania?" Amila asked.

"I should send this information down to the science labs. It certainly sheds some light on the mystery that Lieutenant Jukish was sent to solve," Amila added. "Let me loop them in. They might be able to help too." Amila forwarded the data along with a quick message to Keti and whomever he may be working with in the labs.

==Hijacking of Lcdr Keir is with player permission==
==Tag to Keir 77; and in science labs via ship text msg==
The Nausicaan was clearly being evasive and they cut the channel soon after.

Jane took a deep breath. Their arrival was going to be a problem.

"Keep close eye on the Nausicaan vessel in case they try anything." She instructed.

Ra'an had launched the probes and they were now able to track the Ferengi vessel. She also had an idea for safely navigating through the system in light of the trail of phased material that ship had left behind.

"Now we can track it more closely, do we have any ideas on how to stabilise the vessel or otherwise extract the occupants?"

== Tag all ==
"Now we can track it more closely, do we have any ideas on how to stabilise the vessel or otherwise extract the occupants?" The Captain asked.

Ra'an answered from where Keir 77 stood by her side at the science station. "Yes, Captain. The probes are in place, we have the variance, and I just shared that with Commander Keir 77 and with Lieutenant Jukish in the Science Labs. We should be able to get temporal shielding up and running in... thirty minutes?" Amila looked at Keir questioningly. It would be her crew to make the modifications.

"There is something familiar about this variance data. It could just be a coincidence, but I have seen this variance referenced with temporal weapons. We're working with 1.47 nanoseconds, Captain." Amila took what she had been showing the chief engineer and with a simple command she brought it to life in the air over her terminal for the other Bridge crew to see, with a three-dimensional projection showing their probes, the position around the vessel, and the incoming data. "Whatever it is, it is extremely powerful."

==Tag All==
Keir was highly impressed with the young Science , giving her a nod of assent to her report.

At that point s/he received a message from the Engineers s/he had assigned the task of matching the temporal variance of the deflector dish indicating that they had very nearly finished their part; likely 5-7 minutes more to finish and test.

"Should be quicker than that Ensign. My team is almost finished, so..." And s/he smiled at the exuberance and confidence of the young officer.

"This part is is your project; my team will be ready in 7-8 minutes; so what's next?"

==Tags==
The Ferengi ship phased back onto sensors. It was still drifting towards the ice giant. They were picking up 12 life signs aboard. The warp core of the ship was offline.

Once the Ferengi ship appeared, the Nausicaan vessel set off on an intercept course.
Sothrick listened to the Science Officer report and was impressed. He was impressed with the crew so far. It seemed they were ready for the next phase but as he was also watching the ship in distress and the new Nausicaan ship he snapped to his sensors then quickly called out to the Captain and the bridge.

"Captain,..." He began with his typical stoic facade. "It would seem we have two issues, the Ferengi has re-phased and drifting towards the ice giant. I am seeing 12 life signs." He paused.

"The other issue is the Nausicaans have moved to intercept the Ferengi ship." He finished

"If we are ready we should move to intercept. I am sure even if we warn the Nausicaans that they should back will likely not head such warning." He suggested.
"Should be quicker than that Ensign. My team is almost finished, so..." And Keir 77 added. "This part is is your project; my team will be ready in 7-8 minutes; so what's next?"

Amila nodded in acknowledgement that the engineering team would be ready in short order. It would take less than two minutes if that once they were done, to get the shields modified. She double-checked the clock when Commander Sothrick spoke up.

"Captain,..." He began with his typical stoic facade. "It would seem we have two issues, the Ferengi has re-phased and drifting towards the ice giant. I am seeing 12 life signs." He paused. "The other issue is the Nausicaans have moved to intercept the Ferengi ship." He finished

"If we are ready we should move to intercept. I am sure even if we warn the Nausicaans that they should back will likely not head such warning." Sothrick suggested.

"We're going to have to be it seems," Ra'an responded from the science console. She was staring at it, bobbing her head slightly almost as if she were keeping time - because she was. When an indicator light turned on, her fingers and her brain went to work. Amila winked at Keir when she was done.

"Captain, our shields are ready for now," Amila spoke up. It was that air of confidence she was able to project even when really she was nervous as hell. "They are set at the variance that our probes are currently currently picking up, and at the moment we miraculously haven't lost any to the phasing phenomenon just yet. I think it's fair to caution everyone that if we do get into some kind of battle over this device and it's activated - depending on what the device is of course - that variance could change, and we'll need to be ready to act fast to maneuver out of the wake and compensate our shields. Under the circumstances, it could be helpful to have another person with me at science, if Lieutenant Keti can be spared from the labs."

==Tag Captain, and all==
The Ferengi ship had phased back and of course the Nausicaans went after it immediately.

"No doubt." Jane responded to Sothrick, agreeing with his assessment about the situation.

"Captain, our shields are ready for now," Ra'an spoke up. "They are set at the variance that our probes are currently currently picking up, and at the moment we miraculously haven't lost any to the phasing phenomenon just yet. I think it's fair to caution everyone that if we do get into some kind of battle over this device and it's activated - depending on what the device is of course - that variance could change, and we'll need to be ready to act fast to maneuver out of the wake and compensate our shields. Under the circumstances, it could be helpful to have another person with me at science, if Lieutenant Keti can be spared from the labs."

Jane nodded.

"Call Jukish up to the bridge." She replied.

She considered what to do. In some ways she would rather like to stand back and leave these two foes to their own fate, but this was Federation territory and they had to intervene.

"Helm, trail the Nausicaan vessel. Send out a hail for them to stop or we will fire to disable their ship."

She folded her arms.

"And try hailing the Ferengis while we are at it."

If these two were determined to destroy each other, she was definitely going to try to keep Titania at a safe distance.

== Tag ==
Ra'an nodded. "Thank you, Captain."

She ducked her head and tapped her commbadge, [Ra'an to Lieutenant Jukish. Per Captain Fields, please report to the Bridge. We'll be en route to the Ferengi vessel, and I could use your help keeping these shields properly modulated.]

== Tag out to Keti in Sickbay==
<<<<<<Science Lab<<<<<

Getting back on the Bridge Keti was learning from the first time, hopefully. The work they were about to do needed nothing less than absolute focus, the sheild harmonics was going to keep them safe. As he approached the Science station, Keti gave a look of greetings, it was nice to be there again. 

He was about to ask Ra'an where he was needed, but stopped because he knew what would happen next. This was something that he wanted to avoid. "Captain where would you like me?" There were lots of areas he could help but this was their plan, and they can tell him where they needed him.

==Tag==
Jukish returned to the bridge.

"Science station, please." She replied.

The Nausciaans had gone after the Ferengi ship.

Dammit...

"Bring the weapons online." She ordered. "Be prepared for disabling fire on the Nausicaan ship. Try hailing them..."

At least they should ow be able to get a lock on the Ferengi vessel.

"Can we get a transporter lock on those aboard the Cerenyian Hind?" She asked.

== Tags ==
The Nausicaans ignored the hail and continued on an intercept course.

Transporter lock could be obtained on the Ferengi crew.
Amila watched Keti with curiosity as he stopped and asked the Captain what his assignment was before joining her at the science station. He was a science officer, and hasn't Amila told him he was coming to assist with temporal shielding. He seemed to be having trouble figuring out how to get along on the Bridge. Once the Captain confirmed he was joining her at the science stations she gave him a quick nod.

"Welcome back, Lieutenant. Things are stable now, but we still don't know what's causing the disturbance. I wanted to be prepared that if the variance changes, we may need to make some quick adjustments," Amila explained. "We've got three probes out monitoring the vessel closely right now, so a lot of data is coming in."

Amila's attention was diverted again by the Captain's voice. "Bring the weapons online." She ordered. "Be prepared for disabling fire on the Nausicaan ship. Try hailing them..."

"We are able to obtain a transporter lock on the Ferengi crew, Captain," Amila responded. "I'm not sure for how much longer. I haven't noticed a pattern to their phase shifting, but I doubt we'll be able to hold it if they do phase, but I'll hold on to them for as long as we can." Amila watched Sothrick's station in her periphery alert for any announcements on the Nausicaan vessel.

==Tag, Keti and Captain. ==
Sothrick watched and per Captains request set a hail to the Nausicaan ship that seemed to be ignoring the hail.

After a few attempts unanswered he called out.

"The Nausicaan ship is not answering hails and continuing their intercept course." He gave a simple report.
"Welcome back, Lieutenant. Things are stable now, but we still don't know what's causing the disturbance. I wanted to be prepared that if the variance changes, we may need to make some quick adjustments," Amila explained. "We've got three probes out monitoring the vessel closely right now, so a lot of data is coming in." It was nice to be greeted in such fashion, and Keti gave an acknowledging nod. "It is good to be back" He said while thinking about everything just said carefully, when something hits the fan be prepared for the blowback.

Amila's attention was diverted again by the Captain's voice. "Bring the weapons online." She ordered. "Be prepared for disabling fire on the Nausicaan ship. Try hailing them..." At this point Keti realized that the objecthitting the fan, and the fan just got a lot bigger.  

"We are able to obtain a transporter lock on the Ferengi crew, Captain," Amila responded. "I'm not sure for how much longer. I haven't noticed a pattern to their phase shifting, but I doubt we'll be able to hold it if they do phase, but I'll hold on to them for as long as we can." Amila watched Sothrick's station in her periphery alert for any announcements on the Nausicaan vessel.

There was an inner alarmist that wanted to shout out but didn't, knowing what could go wrong can help prevent a tragedy. There were plenty of things that could go wrong, and that includes someone being lost in time somewhere. This task at hand was to make sure the sheild harmonics didn't fail. There was another possibility that he was considering, cause and effect. The fact they were about to kick the bees nest would make them swarm, and head in their direction.

==Tag==
Sothrick had a thought to add after hearing Keti's report back.

"Captain, perhaps we should fire a warning shot however..."He said pausing and looking over at the Science station pair.

"Would a torpedo be affected by this, temporal wake?" He asked Such an affect could be a hindrance and an asset if utilized correctly.

"If so perhaps fire a phaser across their path at the same time perhaps we should look at being able to create the same shielding for our torpedoes." He suggested figuring for the worst scenario as his mind tended to prepare for.

"For that matter we should probably keep a scan on the Nausicaan ship. If it is not affected by the time wake then they may already have an answer to the problem." He added

It would also point out how much of this technology they either created or prepared for. It could tell the crew quite a bit of what they were getting in the middle of.
"Captain, perhaps we should fire a warning shot however..." Sothrick said pausing and looking over at the Science station pair.

"Would a torpedo be affected by this, temporal wake?" He asked, Such an affect could be a hindrance and an asset if utilized correctly.

"If so perhaps fire a phaser across their path at the same time perhaps we should look at being able to create the same shielding for our torpedoes." He suggested figuring for the worst scenario as his mind tended to prepare for.

"For that matter we should probably keep a scan on the Nausicaan ship. If it is not affected by the time wake then they may already have an answer to the problem." He added.

Amila's eyes widened. "A torpedo affected by the temporal wake would be unpredictable. It would be best to program a trajectory that avoids crossing paths with the temporal disturbance. We aren't going to be able to assign temporal shielding to the torpedos, and phasers aren't going to be able to carve out any type of protection either," Amilla explained. She had stepped back from the controls and was talking with her hands. Our own shields are the only thing offering any protection from the temporal variance at the moment. And our best bet is to figure out what the device is, and turn it off."

The idea had suddenly just came to her. If they had a lock on the Ferengi occupants, then they could just as easily beam over themselves.

"Captain Fields, I'd like to volunteer to beam over to the Ferengi vessel to investigate the device and attempt to shut it down." Amila said the words before she had processed the gravity of the danger she would be putting herself in, but even as it hit her, she stood firm as she waited for the Captain's response. In the science officer's mind it was an acceptable risk for the safety of the lives of the crews of three ships now in it's vicinity, and as far as temporal mechanics go, she was the expert on the Titania.

==Tag Captain Fields==
Sothrick listened to the science officer. She was correct in her assessment it made complete sense and when she volunteered to beam over the Large Vulcan was surprised but added in quickly.

"While I would like to argue the Lieutenants audacious plan I have to agree. However, along with a strong security presence we should most likely have an engineer and at least one from medical as well. But I must insist we send at least two Security." He said as he looked towards the Captain and addressing the lieutenant.

"If you do send an away team I think we should take other precautions as well. Although I am not sure what exactly that could be. Would transporter enhancers be affective?" He asked both Captain and the lieutenants.
"Helm, trail the Nausicaan vessel. Send out a hail for them to stop or we will fire to disable their ship."

Turning to his station Powl looked down to map the various instances in which the the Ferengi ship had phased in and out and made special note that the ship should not pass through those potentially turbulent areas of space in which the time continuum may have been disturbed. Although, the newly adjusted shields should protect the Titania from any of those concerns, it was always prudent not to take on any more hazards than absolutely necessary. Especially since the arrival of the Nausicaans...not exactly the most hospitable of species.

"Aye Captain, maintaining velocity with the Nausicaan vessel."

At the press of the button, the now familiar low level hum of the engines of the Titania came alive. The vibrations could be felt in his chair and fingertips as worked away at his LCARS.

"Bring the weapons online." She ordered. "Be prepared for disabling fire on the Nausicaan ship. Try hailing them..."

Torock heard the order, but was a little surprised. Weapons were being brought on line, but not Red Alert.

"Aye Captain, engaging weapons systems. I will begin identifying targets of opportunity and I will be ready for your order."

Torock took this time for the torpedo tubes to load and the phasers to power their arcs. During that time he used it to begin examining the Nausicaan vessel for its anatomy and systems via discreet sensor scan and database search.

"Hopefully, this doesn't come down to a conflict...Titania is tough, but ultimately not a battleship.

==GM Input any specifications found on a scan or a database search on the Nausicaan ship? Looking for both structural weaknesses AND possible software weaknesses.==
There were similar Nausicaan freighters on the record. It was a very large, bulky vessel built for cargo. The only weapon was a forward-facing disruptor but it had decent shielding. There were lots of weaknesses and the ship would not be a match for Titania's weapons which should be able to punch through to disable propulsion by targetting the nacelles and engine manifolds.
The Nausicaan's weren't responding.

Sothrick pointed out issues with using torpedoes. She hoped that would not be necessary unless they got into a fire fight. Phasers should be enough to disable them. A phased torpedo would certainly be a very bad thing indeed.

"Noted." She replied. "Powl: target phasers and fire to disable the vessel's weapons and propulsion. They already had a warning, we don't have time for this."

Though they currently had a transporter lock on the Ferengi crew, Ra'an had another idea: "Captain Fields, I'd like to volunteer to beam over to the Ferengi vessel to investigate the device and attempt to shut it down."

Jane frowned. This would put her a risk and any one else sent with her. It was true that this device needed to be secured, but she would rather it simply got obliterated.

Sothrick suggested a whole away team but this was far too risky.

"That Ferengi vessel may not be in phase for long and it is drifting into the planet." Jane responded. "We don't have time to prepare a team and don't know if the problem is even fixable. Far too risky to send someone over unless we're sure it is stable for at least a small window..."

A drifting phased ship would be very bad though. It would be preferable to secure it and this dangerous technology.

"Hail the Ferengi crew and try to find out what is happening and what is the specific problem. And once that Nausicaan vessel is dealt with, I want their Captain brought over and interrogated about the device."

== Tags ==
"That Ferengi vessel may not be in phase for long and it is drifting into the planet." Jane responded. "We don't have time to prepare a team and don't know if the problem is even fixable. Far too risky to send someone over unless we're sure it is stable for at least a small window..."

Ra'an nodded. "I understand the risks, Captain. I've been specializing temporal mechanics since my second year at the Academy, which is why if anyone goes, I think it should be me, and should go before it phases again to give me the most time to examine the problem. We don't know what the device might be powerful enough to take with it if it is destroyed while it's in temporal flux with the explosive power of a starship behind it. I'm willing to take that risk to try to mitigate the damage and potentially bring the inert device back for study. At the very least, I could try to detonate the device behind a forcefield on board before impact." Amila responded to the Captain's concerns with a steady voice, her posture almost at full attention her eyes focused on the Captain.

Amila glanced over at Sothrick, "I wouldn't need a full away team. The only thing they could protect me from would be the Nausicaans should they try to join me. The fewer people the better."

==GM Are the probes giving us any more information about the device on the Ferengi vessel - such as an idea of what deck(s) it might be located on, or it's relative size? ==

== Tags ==
Sothrick listened to the Captain and agreed with her assessment. If they could not secure it from phasing sending a crew was an dangerous idea. He understood her precaution and was relieved she was not sending anyone over yet, at least.

Then the science officer gave her arguments still wishing to go over.
She gave a decent plan then seemed to turn her argument towards Sothrick.
"I wouldn't need a full away team. The only thing they could protect me from would be the Nausicaans should they try to join me. The fewer people the better."

Sothrick nodded. "Precisely why you would need, in my opinion, at least two security. With that it would be a good idea to have at least one engineer. While I have confidence in your temporal mechanics are you confident with the ferengi technology." He said more as a statement than question. 

"There is simply to many variables that you would have to contend with. The best to do so would be to have more of the right people to help you contend with them. However the big issue is the safety of the crew and the time to accomplish such a feat." He added

"The Captain is right if we could control the phase of the ship it would be best before we sent anyone over. Let me make another suggestion, as time is of essence collect the Ferengi crew and destroy the ship." He said then focused on the Captain.

"Allow me to suggest another option, more direct but simple."
"With the ship being in flux phasing, instead of it crashing into the planet, it potentially could phase into the planet. Which could cause a host of problems in itself as well as create temptation for others to retrieve, if they thought they could, the device or any other technology." Once we were assured we had the full crew we could lock phasers onto the ship and destroy the ship. I am sure the Nausicaans and Ferengi will express their disdain for the plan but we can cite that it posed a greater risk to the planets ecosystem." He gave rather plainly

== Tag Ra'an and Cap ==
== Temp NPC Ops, MidShip Shiv th'Kaasnik (Andorian Male) ==

"Captain Fields, the Ferengi have answered our hail when you are ready," the midshipman at Ops announced. His eyes barely turned toward the Captain when he spoke, but his pale blue antenna subtly moved in all directions keenly aware of everyone's positions on the Bridge.
There were a lot of good ideas going around, both of them involved crashing the ship into the planet by one definition or another. The hard part was getting control of the ship, and no conversations were going on with either of them. The problem he had with both of those plans, wreckage in and on the planet. A better solution would be a black hole, at least in there debris wouldn't be a factor. 

Using the sensors he could, Keti was looking for any signs of a Black hole. A quasar would be easier to find, after all it's a spectacular Black Hole. The fatal flaw still rested on the same two factors of the other two plans have, consent of the Captain's running both ships. 

"Captain I believe we can achieve better results with no away team, there are a couple of plans one less ethical than the other." The less than ethical solution was an active hack, hacking into the ships systems can give them the complete picture of what they are doing. The other involves sending over a small probe, the issue would be chances of being caught were high. Thoes Ferengi could hear even the slightest of noises, anything that they can send over would be detected fast. All plans out there have risk, and it was up to the Captain.

==Tag and GM input please ==

"
Sothrick heard the young officer up front announce the Ferengi were responding to the hail and ready. They needed to decide which way to go but getting them, the Ferengi, off the ship was probably the best and quickly what was needed.

"I can prepare the Security office for the Ferengi to... question them unless you would like them in the brig, sir." Gave Sothrick to the Captain.

Then Keti spoke up apparently having a plan as well. Listening he waited to hear exactly what option he had come up with?

== Tag All ==
The information regarding the freighter vessel came through. The vessel for all intents and purposes was built for a singular purpose; and that was hauling massive amounts of cargo from one point to another. Shielding and other defensive systems were all but absent with the only exception being the singular disrupter array on the front portion of the vessel. Disabling them should be simple and easy, with the only concentrated efforts needing to be on the disruptor.

"Noted." She replied. "Powl: target phasers and fire to disable the vessel's weapons and propulsion. They already had a warning, we don't have time for this."

Powl heard the order and was surprised that the order was being made to engage. The ship was still at Yellow Alert and but the weapons were indeed powered.

"Captain, if we are to engage, should we go to Red Alert?"

Powl returned to his station and began programming the attack and flight pattern for the phaser barrage. The calculation for the precise amount of power needed to damage each system needed and no more was tallied and properly made as a condition of the attack. Since the forward disruptor array was the most protected, the higher amounts of power were needed to ensure that system went offline quickly.

Torok programmed the Titania to eliminate in a precise order, first propulsion and then since they were no longer able to maneuver, Torok could take the Titania into a blind spot from the disruptor and disable it before it had time to leverage any power towards the Titania.

With the new program in place, he executed the program.

"Firing phasers, Captain."
Ameen was late to the party. He had to deal with some personnel problem that came up while he was on his way to the bridge from the science labs. It seems that a young midshipman had failed to report to duty on time for the third time this week and his superior officer had request that the FO gives him 'the talk' before having to take any more drastic measures. These types of interventions had yelled good results in the past so there was hope yet.

Looks like we are about to open fire... 

Morad gave Amila a reassuring nod then walked over and took his seat next to the Captain. He brought up his arm-rest display to check the ship status the logged summery of the current situation. 

The Nausicaans know they are outgunned, why are they still going for it? I never really understood these species... they do not lack intelligence... they just consistently continue to  make wrong choices...

"Firing phasers, Captain." Powel said and the familiar sound of weapons fire was heard around the bridge. It was a lower setting, meant only to disable the outclassed ship. Yet it was powerful enough to get the job done.

No sense in wasting power needlessly... I like that...

The first officer continued to observe the situation waiting for an opportunity to give any useful input to the Captain. For now, things seemed to be under control.
"I'm inclined to agree with Commander Sothrick. This technology is too dangerous and unstable and I'm not prepared to risk the crew to retrieve it. If the ship phases again there's no guarantee we can stop it unphasing inside the planet."

Ameen returned to the bridge and took his seat.

"Just fire to disable the Nausicaan vessel, Mister Powl." There was no need to put the ship into red alert yet. Shields were raised already.

"Sothrick, prepare a security team to receive guests." She instructed."I want the Ferengi crew beamed aboard."

== Tag all ==
There was a problem with the drive core of the Ferengi ship which suggested whatever the technology was it was drawing directly on it.

There were no nearby black holes or quasars.

The phaser fire from Titania was easily able to disable the weapons of the Nausicaan vessel. However, it continued on a course towards the Ferengi ship...
"Just fire to disable the Nausicaan vessel, Mister Powl." The Captain said. "Sothrick, prepare a security team to receive guests." She instructed."I want the Ferengi crew beamed aboard."

The phaser fire from USS Titania was easily able to disable the weapons of the Nausicaan vessel. However, the tactical display showed that they remained on an intercept course towards the Ferengi ship.

"It looks like they didn't take the hint. Should we disable their engines too Captain?" Ameen asked.
Amila braced herself against the science console as she worked, frustrated that the Captain wasn't keen on sending her over to the Ferengi vessel to assess the situation and try to disable the device without blowing something up. She listened to the Bridge crew talk about disabling the Nausicaan vessel like it was background noise, focusing on the sensor readings from the probes that were monitoring the Ferengi vessel. Unless she could find something else that could help, it was looking like they'd lose the Ferengi ship and whatever device was causing this mayhem. The thought was extremely disconcerting, temporal mechanics was tricky. There were always risks that extended beyond what was immediately foreseeable. She still wasn't even entirely sure that was temporal.

The phaser fire from USS Titania was easily able to disable the weapons of the Nausicaan vessel. However, the tactical display showed that they remained on an intercept course towards the Ferengi ship.

"It looks like they didn't take the hint. Should we disable their engines too Captain?" Ameen asked.

Yes, the answer should be yes, thought Amila. They clearly know more about this device than we do, we can't let them get an edge. She scoured the readings for something - anything that would give them a hint of more information. When she found it, it stuck out like a sore thumb and she couldn't believe she hadn't thought to look for something like this earlier.

"Captain Fields, there's an issue with the Ferengi's drive core. It appears to be directly correlated to the phasing we've been monitoring. I think that whatever is on board that ship is drawing power from their drive core. That may very well be why they started drifting in the first place," Amila announced. "Commander Keir 77, I'm sending you these readings to see if you can make sense of them."

==Tag Captain and Keir== 

==Tag GM are science and engineering able to determine any more about the device from it's use of the ship's resources? Has it diverted too much power causing the systems failure? ==
Sothrick nodded quickly with the Captains request and gave a quick, low. "Aye" as he turned and set about his task.

"I will coordinate with Transporter chief and begin bringing them over. I will have the Captain of the vessel taken straight to your ready room for your questioning." He gave then set about with a tap on his combadge first.

"Sothrick to Commander Said, Commander please have all of security to report to transporters we will be bringing over Ferengi crew. Some may need medical attention all others for time being, will be taken to the the brig, politely. Have a couple of security be awaiting in sickbay just incase anyone is needed to be beamed directly there.

I will have you go to Transporter One and have the ships Captain transport through there. I would like you to escort him directly to the ready room and let me know when you have him there. Make sure all of their crew are relieved of any weapons and our security escorts them everywhere, whether it is sickbay or the brig." He paused.

"Let me know when you get to transporter one and I will have the chief began transporting. If there is any issues please let me know right away." He gave. "Sothrick out" He said and tapped his badge.

He then tapped his badge again and began speaking with the transport chief on duty. letting him to know to coordinate with the other transporter pads as well as sickbay if there were any needed to be beamed directly to sick bay. He also let him know to expect his Assistant Security Chief to be there soon.

Jane cursed under her breath.

"Do it. And then see if we can get close enough to put a tractor on them."

Nausicaans, in her experience, were impossible, and unpredictable like they had a death wish.

== Tags ==
== Ra'an ==

It was more than simply a matter of resources. What ever the device was had caused destabilisation of the matter-anti-matter reaction chamber.

== All ==

Titania fired phasers at the charging Nausicaan vessel again, attempting to disable it. But this time the vessel appeared to activate some device that bolstered the shields. Titania was not close enough to tractor it. Some damage was done to the ship but it continued on a collision course with the Ferengi vessel...

The transport of the Ferengi crew was completed just before the Nausicaan freighter hit. The Ferengi ship was cut in two by the impact and internal explosions and the pieces went sailing into the atmosphere of the ice giant. The Nausicaan vessel was living up to its name in robustness, as it was still in one piece, though damaged and shields down. It was now drifting itself into the atmosphere of the ice giant.
There was something that Keti wanted to say about firing at the ships, however it would be like the pot and kettle. Naturally nothing good was going to come out of this, now the ship. It was also disappointing that there wasn't a Black Hole around, it was a  fun thought to picture the ship at the event horizon. It will all go in, and none will come out.

Great thoes trolls are coming over, now where is the Klingon in the monkey suit? It was a phrase that he heard before somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Now the issue was how to fix this, and where to stick thoes trolls. Ideally in a place close to a tap dancing class,or a place that has a power conducte that is faulty. The noise would torture them until they would rather leave, perfect.

Scanning the ship, he was looking for any changes. Fire fights at any amount changes everything, they were going to have to drop their sheilds to do this. Hopefully they weren't going to suffer the consequences, internal sensors would also have to be tuned to make sure they don't. They could drag some of their problems there, and he didn't want that to happen.

==GM input please==
The Captain agreed with Ameen, and soon enough the Titania's phaser, set on a level low enough just to disable the Nausicaans, were unable to fully pierce the shields. As a result, they were able to continue on their course and rammed the Ferengi ship splitting in half.

We are too late! did we save the crew at least?...

"It seems that our phaser fire was insufficient, they have boosted their shields at the last second somehow. They are now drifting into the ice giant's atmosphere, I doubt they are in any shape to survive reentry and we are too far away to catch them in a tractor beam..." He said as he read the data appearing on his screen.

They made their bed... now they'll sleep in it... indefinitely, unless we chose to do something. 
Sothrick watched in a reverent awe at the audacious maneuver of the Nausican ship. Were they so desperate to hide what ever was on the Ferengi ship that they would potentially destroy themselves?

"Illogical" Sothrick said underhis breath then hearing the First Officers questions he called back.

"We have all of the Ferengi Crew." He reported back. Anticipating the next thought he turned to face the Captain and First Officer.

"If we intend to transport the Nausicaans we will need to send them directly to the brig. I would not advise allowing the Ferengi and Nausicaan to... coalesces." He added

"If I may Captain the Nausicaans actions are highly illogical even for them. We did not could not have damaged their ship for them to, loose control and crash into the Ferengi vessel. I would think they would have an escape plan themselves or some way to self preserve." He took a deep inhale and continued.

"Unless they had orders to sacrifice themselves, which means we should get more information from the Ferengi. If you are wishing to... interrogate the Ferengi Captain I have extensive experience as well as certain skills that could be of use even with Ferengi." The large Vulcan gave plainly looking with his gray eyes back and forth from the Captain and First Officer.

== Tag All ==
==Small point of order, in my original post, Powl had a program to disable BOTH systems.==
Nira's reply came to Sothrick. [On my way.] A moment later, she called again. [Said to Sothrick, I'm at Transporter Room One. I'll be up shortly with the Ferengi Captain. Said out.]

==Tag==
"It seems that our phaser fire was insufficient, they have boosted their shields at the last second somehow. They are now drifting into the ice giant's atmosphere, I doubt they are in any shape to survive reentry and we are too far away to catch them in a tractor beam..." Ameen said as he read the data appearing on his screen.

They made their bed... now they'll sleep in it... indefinitely, unless we chose to do something.

"If I may Captain the Nausicaans actions are highly illogical even for them. We did not could not have damaged their ship for them to, loose control and crash into the Ferengi vessel. I would think they would have an escape plan themselves or some way to self preserve." Sothrick took a deep inhale and continued.

"Unless they had orders to sacrifice themselves, which means we should get more information from the Ferengi. If you are wishing to... interrogate the Ferengi Captain I have extensive experience as well as certain skills that could be of use even with Ferengi." The large Vulcan gave plainly looking with his gray eyes back and forth from the Captain and First Officer.

Amila spoke up from the science station. "Their hull plating may offer protection on reentry. I wouldn't want to be in any exterior locations while they are going through the atmosphere, but I wouldn't rule out their ability to survive it. We've got another problem to consider. I've currently lost track of the mystery device. It's possible that it was destroyed with the explosion, or will be destroyed on reentry - but I don't think we should assume anything. We don't know what it's made of or if it had phased somehow missing the explosion all together. If the Nausicaans are tracking it, their shields could be down on purpose in preparation to beam it aboard."

"I know it probably sounds outlandish," she added second guessing herself. "I just think we should remain alert, and not assume they are helpless."

==Tag GM, did any science probes survive the explosions? And if so are they able to provide any insight. Can we confirm if the device was destroyed or not? And if the Nausicaans are "playing dead."==