Jez had been listening to Alex with growing amusement, especially as he moved from discussing relatively harmless ways to disrupt the enemy to casually outlining about seventeen different methods for giving an enemy ship a very bad day.
She finally glanced over at him. “You know, Alex, I think I preferred the part where you were talking about mud.”
There was a brief pause.
“The eel slime was disturbing, but somehow the mud seemed more... civilized.”
Jez leaned back in her chair and folded her arms. “Although I have to admit, I am slightly concerned that you apparently have an entire catalogue of ways to ruin someone's day just sitting around in that head of yours. And now I'm wondering exactly what qualifies as ‘Professional Gear’ in your luggage.”
She gave him a sideways look; she rolled her eyes.
He’s a Brilliant Scientific mind, but a horrible comedian.
“Because if I ever find out you've got a portable replicator specifically programmed to produce mud, I am absolutely telling Security.”
Her expression softened as she looked toward Cologero and then back to Alex. “But he's right about one thing. We can keep throwing possibilities at the Captain until the end of time. At some point, we need to decide what problem we're actually trying to solve.”
Jez tapped a finger against the table. “If the objective is to make them stop shooting at us long enough to talk, then we should probably focus on the least destructive option that gives us the greatest amount of control. The last thing we need is for our brilliant solution to become the reason everyone in the room starts screaming.”
She glanced at Alex again.
“Especially if the solution involves contagious robots, mud, eel slime, or whatever else is hiding in that classified luggage.”
A small grin appeared.
“And for the record, I'm still voting for the mud.”
She paused.
“Mostly because I really want to see the Captain explain that one in his mission report "
== Tag Talion.==
She finally glanced over at him. “You know, Alex, I think I preferred the part where you were talking about mud.”
There was a brief pause.
“The eel slime was disturbing, but somehow the mud seemed more... civilized.”
Jez leaned back in her chair and folded her arms. “Although I have to admit, I am slightly concerned that you apparently have an entire catalogue of ways to ruin someone's day just sitting around in that head of yours. And now I'm wondering exactly what qualifies as ‘Professional Gear’ in your luggage.”
She gave him a sideways look; she rolled her eyes.
He’s a Brilliant Scientific mind, but a horrible comedian.
“Because if I ever find out you've got a portable replicator specifically programmed to produce mud, I am absolutely telling Security.”
Her expression softened as she looked toward Cologero and then back to Alex. “But he's right about one thing. We can keep throwing possibilities at the Captain until the end of time. At some point, we need to decide what problem we're actually trying to solve.”
Jez tapped a finger against the table. “If the objective is to make them stop shooting at us long enough to talk, then we should probably focus on the least destructive option that gives us the greatest amount of control. The last thing we need is for our brilliant solution to become the reason everyone in the room starts screaming.”
She glanced at Alex again.
“Especially if the solution involves contagious robots, mud, eel slime, or whatever else is hiding in that classified luggage.”
A small grin appeared.
“And for the record, I'm still voting for the mud.”
She paused.
“Mostly because I really want to see the Captain explain that one in his mission report "
== Tag Talion.==
