ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom
#11
Let me take care of you...

She took the piece of bread that he gently offered her and nibbled on the edge.

The words woke up something new inside of Amila. She relaxed into his warmth and found herself feeling safe with him and strangely at home, but at the same time she felt terrified. She'd made a life of being independent, of not needing anyone and had operated that way since such a young age, learning far too young not to trust her parents. Though the part that terrified her also excited her. There was something here. Something she hadn't really been looking for.

Yet with Morad... she had to admit it was something she'd been secretly daydreaming about for years now. All of those stolen glances, the times he'd selected her to work with him on small projects around Titania. She had discounted the moments before because she hasn't wanted to get her hopes up, yet while at the same time enjoying the small things for what felt like so long.

Her smile was subtle, introspective, and for a moment her eyes drifted away from him and almost seemed to be searching inside of herself.

When she met his gaze again her violet eyes seemed to open more widely, glistening despite the dim light as she seemed to regard him more souldfully. "Take care of me?" 

The question came out with only a touch of Amila's usual playfulness, there clearly to mask the vulnerability that she was feeling suddenly. 

As if realizing that maybe she realized that she had revealed too much - let the moment linger for too long, Amila quickly recovered as she picked up her spoon and scooped a dumpling out of the broth, before taking a bite she quipped,"I'm a lot to handle. But I guess you already know that." 

She hid her smile as she chewed, her eyes dancing with hidden laughter as she watched his reaction. 

After she swallowed she quickly spoke up, feeling slightly guilty for deflecting the moment. "Seriously though," she added, holding the moment as she took a quick drink of water. 

"Um," she looked him the eyes and took a heavy breath, steeling herself to say something that scared her a little. 

"Being here with you, every moment that we've been able to steal since you first took me out," she began cautiously, "It's all felt so easy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was incredibly nervous when you first picked me up at my quarters before we went to holodeck, but after that. It's so easy to be with you. It's fun. You make me feel special. You make me beautiful. You make me feel smart." 

It seemed as though she could feel her heart pounding against the walls of her chest as she continued. 

"I mean, I love everything about it. This moment, this dinner." She paused and looked around the stateroom and down at the table. "I feel so relaxed here, with you. But also feel so terrified at the same time," she confessed. 

"Not scared of you," she quickly added. "Not you at all. Not ever. And maybe terrified isn't even the right word." She shook her head almost as if shaking the word off like you would shake rain off of an umbrella. "No, it's more like all of these guards and walls that I am just used to having up - with everyone. They are coming down around you, and I feel so vulnerable. Like I'm in a shuttle with no shields, and my hull plating isn't polarized, and I'm just floating here with you, no armour. And it's..." Amila laughed lightly. "Well, yeah. I guess it is a little fightening." 

"It's exciting." 

When she looked at him the hope of what they might become was clearly written on her face, in her eyes. 

"I don't want to change it. I don't want to rush through this part," she said the words almost like a promise. "I'm really happy for these moments." 


==tag==
Reply


Messages In This Thread
ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 05-22-2025, 04:32 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 08-17-2026, 05:58 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Amila Ra'an - 08-17-2026, 12:24 PM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 08-18-2026, 04:31 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Amila Ra'an - 08-18-2026, 12:36 PM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 08-23-2026, 03:25 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Amila Ra'an - 08-27-2026, 03:10 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 08-28-2026, 03:00 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Amila Ra'an - 08-28-2026, 11:47 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Morad Ameen - 09-27-2026, 03:31 AM
RE: ZE/D02 - Captain's Stateroom - by Amila Ra'an - 11 hours ago

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)