The Adventures of Lina and Miles
Some people would think that the follow up questions from Charles Whittaker about what Miles enjoyed when he wasn't with Lina were invasive or prodding. However, Miles knew this not to be the case. This was straightforward. A way to get to know someone.

Being with Lina had allowed Miles to come out of a shell that had been built to protect himself after the death of his father. He used to only be as social as the moment called for. Being with Lina, however, had given him the opportunity to relax. To enjoy life, how he knew his father would have wanted him to.

He was still responsible. Still ever serious and vigilant when duty was at the forefront. But he was no longer as uptight or irritated by those who were able to make jokes in tense situations. Whereas he could not really be counted among those who could, he did understand the need for levity. It helped to ground everyone. To make sure they weren't too strong up, which could cause mistakes. Sometimes fatal.

His reverie was brief, but he smiled as he responded to Charles.

"I'm afraid I'm not an overly interesting person when I'm not around Lina," Miles said. "I find enjoyment in meditation, am an avid reader, and find a sort of therapeutic release in combat training and scenarios, where I can let my Tactical thoughts out instead of letting them build up. All things I can enjoy with Lina as much as when I do them alone."

As he let Charles mull over his words, he looked over to Lina, before bringing his attention back to her father.

==Tag==

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Adventures of Lina and Miles - by Miles Grant - 02-19-2024, 04:45 AM