AQ/X02 - Crew Announcements and Discussions (OCC)
Reminder to players, especially those with telepathic characters or interacting with telepathic characters:

The Telepathic Guidelines state that unless the recipient is also from a compatible telepathic species, or there is an "Imzadi" type bond or some other exception has been approved, you cannot project thoughts into another being. That means you can't think to your colleague across the room unless it has been pre-established and approved that you and they can do so. This is in-line with established Trek canon.

There are also limits to what hybrid characters are capable of: a Vulcan/Betazoid hybrid, for example, would still be able to communicate telepathically with other telepaths and, probably, perform mind-melds. They would not, however, be able to read minds in the way a full Betazoid could - they're empaths rather than full telepaths in that sense.

I suggest people re-familiarise themselves with these guidelines; if anyone has any questions or concerns, please e-mail me or message me on Discord.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AQ/X02 - Crew Announcements and Discussions (OCC) - by Paul - 04-07-2024, 12:13 AM