DS9/P1 - Quark's Bar, Grill, Gaming House and Holosuite Arcade
The bar was a swirl of activity. As Qi followed Black and Papaver inside, a group of Caitians pushed past. Qi guessed that they were a band. The large one carried a contraption on his back that might have been an instrument. Besides, they had the right attitude.

A waiter approached Black with a proposition that Qi didn’t understand, but it seemed to rattle his new friend. Papaver excused herself, presumably to make sure that Black’s emphatic refusal was understood.

Black led him toward the bar, where Qi recognized Commander Jensen from his research on the Philadelphia’s crew. He appeared to be in good spirits, raising a glass of warnog high in the air.

“Excuse me, Commander.” Black said waiting for a natural break in the conversation. “I have Lieutenant Commander Qi, here. To speak with you.”

Qi might have imagined it, but there seemed to be some tension in her voice. Maybe it was related to whatever had happened on their last mission. Jensen spun around quickly and extended his hand toward Qi. Qi didn’t care for the human custom, but it was widely upheld in Starfleet. He gripped the commander’s hand and shook.

"Lieutenant Commander Qi, I presume?", he asked, then continued introducing himself. "Peter Jensen, First Officer of the Philadelphia. Pleasure to meet you! Allow me to introduce", he took a step to the side, "Lieutenant Artemis d'Tor'an, our Chief of Security, and Mr. Kal-Geal Beinn, graciously on loan to our medical staff from the KDF.", he finished the announcements.

He’s introducing me to the crew. I guess that means I still have a job, Qi thought. He waved at d’Tor’an and Beinn.

“Good to meet you, Commander. I’m looking forward to serving with you.” Qi slid onto a barstool. “I’m a bit out of the loop, but I understand that there may have been some complications with your last mission. My experience in Starfleet has taught me that things rarely go according to plan.”

He self-consciously rubbed below his ribcage, where the symbiont had been implanted. His time in Starfleet had left him with a lot.

“The best that you can hope for is a crew that you trust. I had that aboard the Geronimo. I hope to find that again with Captain Braggins and your crew. But first, I have an obligation to fulfill,” he said, flagging down the bartender. He ordered a round of a rather spicy Caitian liquor, and handed one of the glasses to Theresa. He saved the third glass for Papaver, whenever she returned.

== Tag Jensen/Black/all ==

Messages In This Thread
RE: DS9/P1 - Quark's Bar, Grill, Gaming House and Holosuite Arcade - by Arwen Qi - 04-22-2024, 07:20 AM