DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring
== Apologies for the delay, I've been under the weather. ==

As the music ended, Ktan thought that perhaps it was best to slip away and head for the promenade. The song had been beautiful, a wholesome reminder of a home to which he may never return, but now the spell was broken. He knew he needed to leave before. . .

"Midshipman Shadowhunt," the Philadelphia officer said. "I knew our common language would bring us together, for are we not all descended from the same ancestors? I wanted to tell you, that because of your quick thinking, Ichika will make a full recovery at Star Base Alpha. She might be confined to a desk for a year or two while her injuries finish healing, but she's alive."

"Th- thank you," Ktan said, before offering a short bow customary to the Rememberers. The thought that Ichika would live - whatever her involvement in Braggins' indiscretion - was welcome news.

Ktan considering his fellow feline for a moment - a medical officer, a man who very likely made saving lives his top priority. Could HE be blamed, too, for the mutiny? Could he not have simply chosen to remain at his post to save all he could? Did Ktan need to bear him ill will, as he did the majority of the Philadelphia's crew?

"I also wanted you to know," the man continued, and in a brief pause, Ktan finally noticed that the doctor had artificial eyes - not that there was time to ponder the how and why. "That I will not be joining you on our next mission. Because I sided with Captain Braggins when Commander Jensen mutinied the first time, and did not follow Captain Braggins to the Yeager."

Yes. . . the news had begun trickling in that Braggins "punishment" was command of yet another starship, though the assignment itself was far from glorious. Ktan didn't know what political wranglings had happened to let her off that easy, but his part in her story was over and done with. He doubted he would have to interact with the captain again.

Wait. . . Ktan's ears finally caught up to his brain. Did he say he would not be joining ME on the Yeager?

"Star Fleet has assigned me," the doctor continued without immediately noticing Ktan's sudden panic, "to assist them with understanding the Kzinti breeding crisis. I only found out about that a few hours ago, but I believe that as a Kzin who served with me, you should be the first to know that I will be doing my best to make sure that the Kzinti within the Federation will not die out due to the genetic engineering that defines their culture."

"Yes. . . thank you. . ." Ktan muttered, trying to gather himself. It was entirely possible that the doctor had simply mispoken. "But let us also hope that those who live under the Patriarchy might also be saved. A people are not their government."

And a crew is not its captain. . .

Ktan couldn't help but wear his current confusion on his face.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I have had a lot on my mind. Could you indulge me for only a moment? I want to better understand the actions of the Philadelphia's crew during the recent mission. Can you tell me WHY you chose to follow Captain Braggins' over Commander Jensen, and how you all were so easily able to come together again after so much. . . betrayal?"

Messages In This Thread
DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Jennifer Braggins - 08-07-2023, 12:15 AM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Theresa Black - 04-10-2024, 07:23 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by R'Kaar Ragarri - 04-13-2024, 11:54 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 04-15-2024, 07:34 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by R'Kaar Ragarri - 04-21-2024, 04:09 AM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 04-29-2024, 03:19 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by R'Kaar Ragarri - 05-16-2024, 12:38 AM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 05-17-2024, 06:48 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Benjamin Elias - 05-28-2024, 10:27 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Miles Grant - 07-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: DS9/HR0 - Habitat Ring - by Amelina Whittaker - 07-09-2024, 05:54 PM