Klingon Tea Ceremony
Peter realized the immense honor of what he had been invited to. He had tried to prepare as best he could, obviously securing and taking the antidote that would allow him to survive the experience, but also working as much as his duties allowed on his Klingon pronunciation. He wouldn't want, after all, to accidentally call someone's mother a hamster - or the Klingon equivalent - by mispronunciation.

He had put on his dress uniform for the ceremony, the finest he had. If it was suitable for welcoming self-important brass to the ship, it was suitable for this too. Even more so, in fact.

When he entered the room, he felt the solemnity of the moment even more so than when he had been proceeding there. He smiled as he saw her. He had come to depend on her more than he realized. When he'd taken command of the Philadelphia to hunt down the Yeager, there had been absolutely no doubt in his mind as to who he'd wanted as XO. Peter trusted d'Tor'an with his life, and she had stood by him in one of the most crucial moments of his life. A moment he thought back on with trepidation and bafflement of having actually done that.

Yes, it had turned out to be a massive waste of time in the end, but that had not been his fault, he realized that quite clearly. And regardless: D'Tor'an had stood with him when he had needed it the most. And the mission to the Cardassian ship had been a repeat of that. As a DH she could have politely suggested that he take someone else. There was certainly no lack of capable people in Security. But...she had stood with him again, without question. He appreciated that more than he could put into words. And he couldn't imagine anyone else he'd rather have had by his side at that point.

"Thank you for inviting me, Leftenant", he said softly. "I...I almost tremble at the oppressive honor of taking part in what I have understood is a sacred ceremony. I have tried to prepare as best I could.", he assured her, and then nodded his head ever so slightly with his hands slightly moved forward, turning the palms upward, in a gesture that was meant to say "Please take the lead.". He had tried to do his homework the best he could, but he also knew that he was a stranger here.

== lupDujHomwIj luteb gharghmey! ==

Messages In This Thread
Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Jennifer Braggins - 05-08-2024, 01:01 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 05-08-2024, 04:21 PM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Peter Jensen - 05-09-2024, 07:09 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 05-13-2024, 02:08 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Peter Jensen - 05-13-2024, 05:02 PM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 05-17-2024, 01:33 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Peter Jensen - 05-20-2024, 05:26 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 05-25-2024, 02:06 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Peter Jensen - 06-01-2024, 05:19 AM
RE: Klingon Tea Ceremony - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 06-07-2024, 07:56 PM