AQ/D06 - Science Labs
== Not sure who all is joining us, but going to leave as much of it open to those joining the upgrade session as I can. ==

Alex smiled and said, "Alright, now we get into the magic of the moment."

The menu vanished from in front of Xenara and she saw a holographic version of herself in front of her. She was facing herself and it was like a holographic mirror.

Alex began, "There are simple commands. You can turn the image off by simply saying for it to close image. You can have it in mirror mode, but telling it mirror on, or mirror off. Obviously the difference is that while looking at yourself, if you raise your right hand, it will change which hand the image raises and so on. Most people are familiar with looking into a mirror and it can be uncomfortable seeing their actual image at first. They are more comfortable with it though when they rotate the image and see how they look from behind and are not in mirror mode. Either way, feel free to change it is you feel the need. You can rotate it with small hand gestures from side to side, much like you might if you were touching a screen. It takes a moment to get used to, but I think that you'll find you get spoiled with it very quickly. You strike me as a woman who knows her way around basic control panels and this is based on that system, so that it remains intuitive."

he tapped on a few key on a menu floating in front of him. His was at a bit of an angle, much like a console. "Try not to move too much. This might tingle and I apologize in advance, if you're ticklish at all."

There was a soft version of a transporter sound and Xenara's clothing vanished, but she was still encased in her exoskeleton, It was highlighted and looking very shiny and metallic, not appearing normal to her, but she had seen it appear like that when her father was working on it. He had referred to it as a maintenance mode. There were sparkles showing up on the image of herself and they formed a pattern. The suit then covered every inch of her, from her chin down. She could even feel it on the back of her head.

"First of all, this is the reinforcement. Think of it as how using metal framework strengthens masonry. We're doing this on a molecular level though. I'm making it so that it supports your entire frame, even your fingers and toes. If you go into different environments, you're going to have the option to switch from wet to dry. I don't know if you have done any underwater work, but one form of protective suit allows water through, but provides more comfort. The dry version keeps all air and fluid away from your skin. If you end up not wanting to have your skin wet, it can keep your dry, however, if you're in a hot environment, it can allow your skin to breath and not trap your sweat under your clothing. The commands of wet or dry will cause it to shift."

As the image shifted, if went from a thick covering to thinner and thinner, until it looked like she had been spray painted with a material leaving nothing to the imagination, even though she was covered. It then began shifting through a wide color spectrum, as it calibrated.

"Alright, now it is adjusting you the lighting and your skin tone."

It suddenly began to go invisible, starting at her hands and feet and spreading quickly inwards. Just when Xenara was going to worry that she was about to be standing there completely stark naked in front of them, the image showed that she was wearing what appeared to be a bikini of some sort. It was only barely enough to remain modest, it nearly matched her skin tone and she couldn't actually feel it on her, but a glance down showed that there was part of the painted on image that looked like a swim suit anyway.

Alex spoke up again, "Xenara, it may not feel like it, but you still have the entire suit on. The key is that you shouldn't feel like it is there. If you move very rapidly, like if you shadow box of run in place, the rapid movement will let you feel just a tiny bit of resistance, like if you had on a pair of light stretch pants or the likes. The thing is though, you shouldn't normally feel any pressure or chaffing of any kind. Move around and let me know if you feel anything. If you do, I'll have it recalibrate."

He kept tapping and talking, "This suit will have more power, because it is going to use you as a power source. The nanites are going to use your body heat as part of their power grid. In extreme environments, you'll add a small power cell to your clothing to augment them and it will actually be able to keep you warm or cool as needed, much like a light environment suit might."

Finally locking eyes with ehr, he smiled warmly, "Try it out. Do a pushup or two, maybe some jumping jacks or whatever makes you feel active. I want to know if you are able to do some of those things you said might make you feel more 'average' than you did before walking in here. The artificial muscle augmentation should be able to compensate. You're not going to be able to beat up a Klingon, but you might be able to hold your own arm wrestling an average person of your size."He chuckled, "I don't suggest testing yourself again Shione, but you could deliver a punch to someone without hurting yourself."

== Tag Xenara...and whoever might be with us. ==

Messages In This Thread
AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Daniel Brooks - 05-10-2024, 07:57 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Xenara Xardeen - 05-11-2024, 06:37 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Alexander Talion - 05-11-2024, 07:17 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Xenara Xardeen - 05-11-2024, 08:24 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Alexander Talion - 05-11-2024, 08:58 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Cologero Coppola - 05-11-2024, 09:12 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Xenara Xardeen - 05-12-2024, 09:44 AM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Alexander Talion - 05-12-2024, 08:35 PM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Xenara Xardeen - 05-13-2024, 09:31 AM
RE: AQ/D06 - Science Labs - by Alexander Talion - 05-13-2024, 06:26 PM