Daughter of Frankenstein
Walking into the office, albeit temporary, still felt a bit like walking into the Vice Principal’s office at school. This time, it was because she was an almost-muniteer-turned-rescuer, and because Captain Braggins had held back critical information on the mission as a whole, half the crew’s careers were in the shitter. She had a feeling she was either going to be stuck with Braggins as punishment, or shipped back to Earth with a black mark on her record.

Working private security won’t be too hard… She had thought with a sigh. In Art’s mind, it was only a matter of days until she got the boot, and so she had been surprised and intrigued when she had been called here instead.

Two other Department Heads joined her, Black, and someone wearing science colors that was quickly introduced as Arwen Qi. “Lieutenants Black and D'Tor'an I already know, but you're new to our merry bunch of renegades, Commander. Tell us about yourself.” And he was off running - or at least, his mouth was.

“Nice to meet you, Captain. This will be my second posting. Well, third if you count the Yoritomo, but I was only on board for a week before it blew up.”

Art bit the tip of her tongue to keep from snorting. She tried to keep a straight face, but to someone that knew her, it looked like she may have just held back a sneeze.

“I’m a linguist by training,” the Trill continued, “with a particular focus on Romulan and Dominion languages. I’m also interested in computer systems and cryptography. Outside of work, I’ve recently taken up pottery.”

Art took an extended blink. At the very least, she thought to herself, she was no longer nervous about why she was here. Qi might be feeling nervous, but at least he broke the tension. Black, who also apparently found Qi’s ramblings amusing, asked the man, “I need a new coffee mug. My old one got broken last mission. Are you accepting commissions?”

Now Art really had to make an effort to not burst out laughing. Still, she knew Black was… odd, at best, and didn’t know the woman well enough to discern between sarcasm and sincerity. The acting Chief of Security with the uncertain future decided it was best to stay stoic and silent. Braggins and the new guy talked, and she told all of them that there was to be a CO dinner that night at 7pm.

There were questions that Art had, but she wasn’t quite sure how to phrase them. She formed the words carefully in her mind, and tried to make them tonally sound not as confused as she felt. “When will we receive our official assignment orders from Starfleet Command?” This was Art’s way of asking if she was officially Chief of Security. Any other questions would be answered with official documents.

==This thread is starting to get messy. Just an observation. Will there be a separate thread for the Department Head dinner?==

Messages In This Thread
Daughter of Frankenstein - by Jennifer Braggins - 04-29-2024, 01:48 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-02-2024, 08:00 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-04-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-05-2024, 01:43 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-06-2024, 01:34 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-07-2024, 06:24 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-07-2024, 05:35 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-07-2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-08-2024, 05:07 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-08-2024, 07:54 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-09-2024, 03:01 PM