Daughter of Frankenstein
==One week prior==

Beinn sat in his bunk on DS9, as his equipment had just gotten back to him from the Yeager he was assigned to. Said ship was scheduled to be salvaged, and he had a meeting with General B'Emir. Grudgingly, he dressed himself in his battle uniform, and loped out of the quarters. Within DS9, he headed for the meeting room. Once he was there, he found General B'Emir standing at a table, flanked by his officers. 

"Cadet Beinn. For desertion of your post, any other Klingon would be shot by his superior officer for such cowardice. However, as you are still a Cadet, and subject to Academy discretion, Command has decided that you will be discharged and returned to San-Tarah with the honors you have already acquired."

Kal-Geal attempted to get a reply in edgewise, but the General held up his hand, 

"I'm not interested in any excuses. You either went willingly with Captain Braggins, or you were taken against your will and did nothing to stop her."

Kal-Geal snarled back, 

"Sir...I did nothing of the sort. Captain Braggins was, and still is, my commanding officer. Thus, any order by her that is honorable, is by Klingon definition, worthy of following. Star Fleet would abandon its hostages to the mercy of their enemies. That, is not the Klingon way. It is the way of a coward, and Captain Braggins is not a coward."

The general glared at Kal-Geal and replied, 

"I told you I'm not interested in your excuses. As of right now, a ship is on its way to retrieve you. I suggest you pack for your home planet and say your farewells to any friends you might have made, Cadet." 

Then, a Klingon Diplomatic Corps adjunct entered the room, and wordlessly, handed a PADD to the general. B'Emir's face began to contort with anger, 

"How dare she! This is my officer who must be punished for desertion! No, I will not permit it."

The adjunct from the KDC replied, 

"The offer of a commission is valid, as she is still his commanding officer until he requests permission to leave her command. Forcing High Command's decision will look poorly at best, and at worst, seen as an act of aggression if he does not willingly turn it down."

B'Emir looked at Kal-Geal and said, 

"Captain Braggins, has seen fit to offer you a commission in the ranks of Star Fleet as her Chief Medical Officer. I disagree with her, but, as I am also your superior officer until you return home, I can still order you to not take her offer. So, I order you, Cadet Beinn, to refuse her offer and to return home." 

Kal-Geal's canine lips formed some kind of a toothy smile, 

"Then I challenge your decision, as a matter of my personal honor. Kahless would be honored by a race such as mine, for accepting the offer of allies for another chance at glorious battle among the stars. I challenge on the basis that you let your personal beliefs get in the way of your duty to accept the will of another officer's superior. An Admiral can order a midshipman in Star Fleet, to not accept a commission, but I learned that will get the Admiral shuffled away into obscurity."

The General glared at Kal-Geal and said, 

"Very well, Cadet. Then on the honor of the Klingon Defense Force, I receive your challenge, and it must be met. If you succeed, you are free of the Klingon Defense Force, as you will have struck a superior officer, and will be subject to harsh penalties on your return. Fail, and your life is mine, and you will remember that when you do fail."

B'Emir nodded to the guards, who pushed the table away. B'Emir took out their d'k tagh and added, 

"As you are but a Cadet, this does not met the usage of a bat'leth. That would assume you have honor, but in this case, you are but an unruly dog who must be put down."

Kal-Geal drew his own weapon, and replied, 

"I will not sully my own honor with a reply that fits you General. But I will win, for my ancestors will guide me to victory."

The general and Kal-Geal began to circle, their knives pointed at each other. B'Emir used a traditional combat style, as they swept in for a flanking slice and tried to get in under Kal-Geal's reach. However, what wasn't expected was for Kal-Geal to drop their weapon, and grab B'Emir by their weapon hand. A crunch heralded the breaking of B'Emir's hand in Beinn's grasp, as a balled fist came in and struck the general's chest, winding him. 

"I could have used my claws General, and torn off your head with ease. But I am not a savage from a Prime Directive violation planet. I am a warrior of the Klingon Empire, and I hold your life in my hands. But I give it to you General, so that you may fight more battles in the future."

The General, as a seasoned warrior, held onto their weapon, and replied, 

"You have honor, Kal-Geal Beinn. Naivety, but honor nonetheless. You will be unwelcome in the Klingon Empire should you return, but I will see that Command is made aware of your status in Star Fleet. Complaints will likely be lodged, but I consider this matter of honor satisfied."

Kal-Geal released the general's hand, and picked up his own weapon from the floor. Then, he looked at the KDC officer and said, 

"I accept the judgement of High Command, and Captain Braggins's commission as her Chief Medical Officer."

Beinn then put his Klingon insignia on the table, and left the room. Combat had given Kal-Geal an adrenaline rush, but he went back to his room and pulled out his PADD. On it, was his commission offer, which he accepted, and the room's replicator beeped, as a new uniform was made for Kal-Geal. So, he removed his battle uniform, and placed the teal uniform of a medical officer on himself, along with the pair of rank pips on his uniform collar. 

==Current Timeline==

As Kal-Geal rode the transport to the shipyard, he looked at the ship with awe, as he didn't have the cultured taste of Star Fleet's finest when looking at a new ship. For Beinn, all starships were to be marveled at, regardless of aesthetics, since what might look like an ugly hybrid to one race, might be a tasteful combination to another. And Kal-Geal, didn't have any preference, for the closest San-Tarah got to a starship before the arrival of the Klingon Empire, was a canoe and perhaps a trireme.

Once the transport docked however, Kal-Geal began to assist in the removal of medical supplies and transferring them with other crewmen, since that was what he had to do on the original Yeager he had been assigned to. He was used to assisting in the work, though he eventually got redirected to Captain Braggins's office, since he was the CMO. So Kal-Geal made his way up through the ship on foot, looking at all the new tech being installed, but also mapping the ship in the event their turbolifts failed and he had to find the quickest way up to the bridge, or wherever else he was needed.

==up to you Captain, what timeline you want Kal-Geal showing up at your office in==

Messages In This Thread
Daughter of Frankenstein - by Jennifer Braggins - 04-29-2024, 01:48 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-02-2024, 08:00 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-04-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-05-2024, 01:43 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-06-2024, 01:34 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-07-2024, 06:24 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-07-2024, 05:35 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-07-2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Arwen Qi - 05-08-2024, 05:07 AM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Theresa Black - 05-08-2024, 07:54 PM
RE: Daughter of Frankenstein - by Peter Jensen - 05-09-2024, 03:01 PM