Captain Brooks Surprise 40th Birthday Party
As instructed, Alex had not said a word about the planned event for his new CO. He had simply gone to the designated holodeck and gone in.

It was different than most that he had seen. The idea of having different iterations of the CO through his career acting as the staff was a nice touch. Naturally, Alex was looking at the details of the program and making mental notes on how he might have augmented certain aspects, but it was still of a quality that was superior to most available programs. Clearly some thought had gone into the planning of this little event.

He wasn't sure how it had been planned to greet the CO on his arrival to the central gathering, so ALex simply waited and would go along with the flow of things. He had learned to navigate most of the official functions. He could even imitate a fair version of mingling and making small talk, though it was quite out of character for him and he tried to only do such things when he had been forced to attend mandatory events dictated by his parents.

Alex spotted the guest of honor, as he entered and was being shown in. He was betting that there would likely be some sort of herald that would shout out his arrival. In some cultures, it was the Lord Steward, others called them the Major Domo or some other similar title. A person of relative importance within the domestic staff that would call attention to distinguished guests and ensure that proper protocols were followed if royalty were to arrive. Given the setting for the theme of the party, Alex guessed some such honor had been anticipated for the guest of honor.

== Usually I'm late to such events, but I guess I will dare to be the first "Guest" to post this time. ==

Messages In This Thread
RE: Captain Brooks Surprise 40th Birthday Party - by Alexander Talion - 05-23-2024, 11:38 PM