AT/L99 - Crew Log
Acting Chief of Security's Personal Log

Stardate 22405.28

Lieutenant Aeryn Miller, recording

Where do I even begin? The mission to the Parhelia System was nothing that I could have ever imagined it would be. In hindsight, we should probably have abandoned that ship the moment we touched down in the Liberty Bell. But we didn't and what happened during our time there, will likely haunt me for a while. It's probably just my subconscious, but I swear that I can still smell singed flesh, my singed flesh, the result of injuries sustained after we encountered a couple of brute Cardassians intent on killing some of the strike team while Captain Crawford and Mid Star took a different route to the computer core.

We knew that there were some Cardassians left on Callisto when we arrived and that they had also beamed hostages away, but it's something I haven't quite got over yet. But we survived and took them out before they could do any more harm, allowing us to proceed to the computer core, and take stock of the situation. Mara was also injured, and we were treated as much as possible, while plans were made for our next course of action, falling back to the original idea of splitting up into teams, while reinforcing the core and ensuring that the prisoners we had managed to knock out and capture didn't wake up and try to escape.

This was all based on the information we received, before the remaining Cardassians effectively abandoned ship, leaving Callisto to burn. We stopped that from happening, especially upon learning that the Cardassians had succeeded in taking the slipstream drive, and all the data about it. To say we weren't happy with those who had given us these orders would be an understatement. We also found out which hostages had been kept until our arrival, and a decision was made to take Callisto back to Federation Space.

We did the best we could with what we had, and the Liberty Bell wasn't the only casualty during our escape. I never got the chance to get to know Ensign D'Mar, but that's life in the Fleet sometimes. I don't know what will happen next, or what ramifications we might face as a result of what we went through. Although I'm grateful that we survived and made it back to DS9 thanks to Artemis and Thunderchild.

Some personal decisions regarding my career will need to be made as well, but for now, I intend to enjoy my shore-leave and, more importantly, spend some quality time with Beka. My official security report will be sent after this.

End log

Messages In This Thread
AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Tyra Crawford - 08-18-2023, 08:13 PM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Lucy Devereaux - 10-04-2023, 04:35 PM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Aeryn Miller - 10-05-2023, 08:11 PM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Benjamin Elias - 10-20-2023, 04:19 PM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Aeryn Miller - 05-28-2024, 08:38 AM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Robin Mayfair - 05-28-2024, 11:06 AM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Benjamin Elias - 05-28-2024, 09:56 PM
RE: AT/L99 - Crew Log - by Lucy Devereaux - 06-04-2024, 11:31 AM