YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters
== NRC - Lt(jg) Papaver - Science ==

Papaver listened as Shadowhunt answered her questions. He seemed a little hesitant and reserved as he spoke. But it was his reply to her last question that really made her listen.

"I'm a political refugee, and a religious one.” He said, bringing up a huge paw to his head. “This hood I wear, it's a symbol of my religious order. We oppose the Patriarchy and the dangerous genetic experiments that have led to the catastrophe my people currently face. Years ago, I was enrolled in the Kzinti military academy, before my. . . beliefs. . . led to my exile. Once I found asylum in Federation Space, enrolled in Starfleet seemed the logical choice, given my educational background. What about you?"

There wasn't much that could leave her speechless, but he'd done it.

“Wow. That's um... Wow. I, ah, remember a decade or so back there was something with the Andorians, they were having some kind of genetic population issue too I think.” She quickly stopped herself before she said something she wasn't qualified to talk about.

“I'm a botanist and astronomer, really. Maybe a bit of engineering on the side. Genetics isn't my thing."

Change the subject...

“You're just moving in. You probably haven't had time to check you're messages yet. Apparently, there's a mass crew dinner this evening in the mess hall. It could be fun.” She left the comment open for his response.

== Tag ==

Messages In This Thread
YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 12:46 AM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-15-2024, 08:26 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-23-2024, 07:43 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-28-2024, 06:15 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 06-08-2024, 06:32 AM