AQ/D08 - Security Complex
Jez followed Commander Kurasa to her office. It was a little more Spartan than she had expected, but chalked it up to the fact that she to was new to the Aquila and hadn’t had a chance to make the officer her own, yet.

"I am going to have a Raktajino, what can I get you?" Offered Commander Kurasa. Jez couldn’t stand Raktajino, she didn’t understand how anyone could drink that stuff. “Just some Green Tea, would be great, Thank you..” Said Jez.

"This is going to be a complicated transition for you Ensign mainly because of the huge size of this ship, as well as the presence of civilians and crew families. Not everyone you meet will be Star Fleet and as such you will need to be willing to adapt your methods and attitudes when dealing with those aboard. There are VIP's here as well and interfacing with them will require unique approaches to the situations and problems and difficulties. You should not ever feel that you have to deal with anything on our own, and in fact you should seek counsel with the team, because that is how you will grow as an officer."

Jez nodded her head in agreement, “Yes Commander.” Jez knew what the Commander was saying was true, the Aquila was a huge change from the Geronimo, the Geronimo was small and intimate, everyone knew everyone else. Having been raised among her parents Archeological teams, she was used to small intimate groups, close bonds. Jez wasn’t sure what to make of Commander Kurasa, she was Commander Sothrick’s sister-in-law.but the question was could she trust Kurasa.

She did make those comments about your brother, but she does seem nice and Sothrick never said anything negative about her. Maybe I should keep her at arms length, until I know for certain.

Jez took a sip of her Green Tea and reflected upon what the Commander had said. The Aquila would take some time getting used to, but she was confident that she could adapt and grow.

Kurasa offered Jez a warm smile, before finishing her thoughts. "You are here with me now so that you can ask some questions and or bring up concerns. I introduced you to the senior members of the team and either would also be good role models as well as sources of advice and guidance.

So, tell me how you are feeling and ask the questions you want answers to."

Jez sat there for a few moments processing what Kurasa had said, While what she said was straightforward and to the point. Yet, on another level it was very complex.

“Commander, I will do my best to live up to your expectations. I won’t lie, the Aquila is so different from the Geronimo; it was a small intimate atmosphere and Commander Sothrick made it more comfortable, at least I thought so, but I’m curious. What are my exact duties? What do we do when we encounter  a Civilian who has violated Regulations, do we detain them in the Brig?” Asked Jez her voice filled with curiosity. Jez had never dealt with civilians on board ship before, but she was confident that she could adapt and interact with them in a professional manner. Ih, sure there might be a few awkward moments. Jez was thankful that he parents often had to deal with high ranking Government officials to get permission to excavate ruins on many alien worlds

Jez took another sip of her tea.She felt that she had to know why Commander Kurasa seemed to have such a low opinion of her Brother-in-law. 

“Forgive me Commander, I hope I’m not prying and I mean no disrespect, but you said something to me in ten forward several days ago, about Commander Sothrick. You said,"As to the conduct of Commander Sothrick, I have known him for close to 15 years. and while he is very skilled in the use of his abilities, he unfortunately has some bad habits when it comes to where and when he chooses to use them. Stated Jez. “I’m curious to know how you came to that conclusion. I find him to be a very talented, gifted and delightful man. Don’t you like him?” Stated Jez, her tone respectful, but puzzled.

Jez sat there waiting, she was anxious to hear Commander Kurasa’s opinion of Commander Sothrick.

== Tag Kurasa. ==

Messages In This Thread
AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Paul - 03-02-2024, 02:33 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 05-24-2024, 12:58 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 05-24-2024, 06:52 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 05-28-2024, 07:51 PM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 05-29-2024, 04:32 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 06-02-2024, 08:15 PM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-03-2024, 07:51 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-05-2024, 05:18 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 06-12-2024, 01:32 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-12-2024, 05:09 AM