YE/D04 - Security Complex
==Ahh! Now the people in my house are coughing!! LOL!==

“Lieutenant d’Tor’an?”

Well, it wasn’t a perfect pronunciation of her name, but then again, she had ‘Human’-ized it, so anything said that was close to her father’s name would do in her eyes.

She turned to greet the Midshipman, her thick, brown hair shoved up into a tight-looking bun. A strand of hair still managed to get in her eye. Just one strand. The LT narrowed her eyes at that strand of hair, and yanked it out before greeting the newcomer.

“Midshipman,” she said, “I’m Art, Chief of Security, good to meet you.” She shook her hand; the mostly-Klingon woman had a tight grip. “I saw your transcripts: hand-to-hand and small arms training, I like that. Walk with me.”

Security wasn’t large, but it was still nice to know where things were. Luckily, everything did have a placard of some kind next to or under it, so if someone was doing inventory, there was a higher chance of them getting it right. As Artie showed Jade where various weapons, tools, and jumpsuits were, she did her best to brief her on the ship.

“Welcome to the Yeager… part two. You’ll notice that a good amount of the crew was just on another ship called the Yeager not too long ago - that’s a completely different ship. Why we got a new ship with the same name and different specs, I’ll never know, but it’s certainly twisting all our brains. No one knows whether we’re talking about the old ship or the new ship, so if someone tells you something’s on the wrong deck, they’re not hazing you. Well, unless it’s Jimmy.”

“HEY!”

“Shut up, Jimmy. Anyway, that’s Jimmy. He’s okay. Just don’t take any food he offers you. Our Captain’s name is Jen Braggins - she’s what Starfleet calls a “wildcard,” and I’m tasked with keeping everyone safe while she goes off and tries to get us all killed. You probably got posted here because Starfleet wants to see how you deal with rollercoaster situations.”

They were done their short tour, and Art stopped in front of the console she had been working at before the Midshipman had come in. “Any burning questions?"

Messages In This Thread
YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 01:24 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Jade West - 05-28-2024, 11:12 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 05-29-2024, 07:47 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Jade West - 06-02-2024, 01:02 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:40 PM