YE/D04 - Security Complex
“No, I get it.” Art replied, almost dismissively. “You want to impress your COs, and you automatically respect and look up to them. I’m not trying to be disrespect… okay, yeah, I’m being a bit disrespectful, so I apologize for that. I’m just trying to warn you - Cap Braggins will catch you off-guard. And you might hear some talk from the -we’re pretty much a combined crew of the Philadelphia and the Yeager, actually- you’ll hear some talk about how she and I went toe-to-toe recently.”

It was easier to admit it now than to have the Midshipman hear it through rumors. Tact was still a thing Artie was working on, but she was a big believer in the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It certainly would be interesting to see how the relationship between the Captain, the First Officer, and the Chief of Security would change (or not change) after their last mission. The fact that Starfleet kept them all together was an interesting choice, for sure.

“The rumor mill will tell you that there was a… power struggle.” Art did her best to choose her words carefully. “But the First Officer and I were working with incomplete information, and I trust that communication will not be an issue in the future.”

She realized she had begun gritting her teeth, and had to consciously relax her jaw. Sickbay already had to special-order Klingon dentistry equipment for her, due to her grinding her teeth. Apparently she even did it in her sleep now.

“Regardless,” Art concluded, “Communication is of utmost importance here, especially in Security. If we don’t communicate properly, we can’t do our job, and if we can’t do our job right, people die.” She stopped herself, realizing how macabre she was being. “But I’ll try not to put you in that position right out of the gate.”

Messages In This Thread
YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 01:24 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Jade West - 05-28-2024, 11:12 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Jade West - 06-02-2024, 01:02 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Artemis d'Tor'an - 06-06-2024, 05:42 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Security Complex - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:40 PM