Captain Brooks Surprise 40th Birthday Party
Jez listened intently and nodded when the Commander said, "Sir Doyal who brought us the greatest detective mind, and quiet the prankster. Agatha Christie sold over a million copies of "And Then There Was None." Very talented authors.``

Commander Velaul then added, "Lisa See had a few mystery novels I did enjoy, as did James Redfield. All of them had a great imagination. Jake I believe had a larger reader base, and also lots of material he lived through. We can talk about it more later if you like. I am glad you didn't mention Cardasian Authors because everyone is guilty of something. Figuring out who was guilty of what is fun, but not to me." Stated Velaul in her objection to Cardassian Myster authors.

Jez was amazed at Commander Velaul’s insight of mystery authors. Jez was impressed, her was a woman with a keen mind and intellect.

“Oh Commander, don’t get me started on Cardassian Mystery Authors, they are horrible, in my opinion. I agree with you about Sir Doyal and Agatha Christie, though I think her book Death on the Nile was her finest work with Hercule Poirot. I mean who does love The world-renowned Belgian private detective, unsurpassed in his intelligence and understanding of the criminal mind, respected and admired by police forces and heads of state across the globe. That seemed like such an interesting and romantic time period.” Said Jez. “Commander, I was wondering, could I possibly read some of your work?” Inquired Jez.

Jez was enjoying the party, great conversation, interesting venue. Commander Velaul was a true surprise for Jez, as most First Officers are usually uptight, but Velaul was so down to earth and friendly, nothing like what Jez expected.

== Tag Velaul. ==

Messages In This Thread
RE: Captain Brooks Surprise 40th Birthday Party - by Jez Mala - 06-10-2024, 04:43 AM