AQ/D08 - Security Complex
Jex led her response off with questions regarding possible situations and contingencies regarding civilians, but there were no answers that would fit all circumstances and she responded as such, "If you have no Senior officer or NCO to ask advice of then you will need to use your own best judgement. Each situation is likely to have unique circumstances and solutions and experience will come. Use good judgement; ensure the protection and safety of all persons involved and ensure that you have as much of the circumstances that you face, under as much control as you can. With children compassion is obviously a part of the solution, but older kids do require some discipline, but whether to use that yourself or leave it to the parents is a judgement call. Whatever choices you make, so long as you can defend them; then you can be sure I am very likely to back you up fully; does that clarify things for you?"

Shione had deliberately brought up Gravesworld for just the reason that materialized. She was looking to provoke a response, not put her on trial, and the Ensign did not disappoint. Shione had assumed the actions occurred while under orders, but it was Said that gave them, not the CO.
Shione's expression remained passive, simply listening to the account given, before responding. "First off taking the person responsible off planet is proper procedure and protocol when there is no established law enforcement, and I can assure you that she will face justice. As for your response to the mob; I was aware of the circumstances; having read all the after-action reports, and in that very particular case it could have proven to be helpful, so don't trouble yourself over that, I am not judging you."

Once again Jez brought up Evan, He apparently had made a very large impression on the two Security officers assigned to him, sharing a heritage was likely a big part of that. She gave the young woman a warm smile, and addressed her question.
"First off the Commander is a Betazoid hybrid just as you, Said and myself are. Secondly, he is older and has been in Star Fleet longer and as such he is a more experienced officer, used to command. Apparently, he has gone to great lengths to make such an impression although I am at a loss as to why he felt it necessary to do so. I am not judging him Ensign but as to why he went to such lengths is perplexing."

Jez repeated her admiration for him and while she would never divulge her thinking, it did bother Shione that he appeared to be going to great lengths to impress his young female officers. "That is something I will certainly discuss with him when next we meet, but for now I would suggest you focus on your current assignment Ensign. This is a large ship and will likely have some challenging assignments for us all, and I would prefer you keep your focus on preparation for those missions than concerning yourself over a former CO.

Are there any other questions? Otherwise, I intend to go on a patrol, and you will accompany me."

==Tag==

Messages In This Thread
AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Paul - 03-02-2024, 02:33 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 05-24-2024, 12:58 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 05-24-2024, 06:52 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 05-28-2024, 07:51 PM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 05-29-2024, 04:32 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 06-02-2024, 08:15 PM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-03-2024, 07:51 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-05-2024, 05:18 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Shione Kurasa - 06-12-2024, 01:32 AM
RE: AQ/D08 - Security Complex - by Jez Mala - 06-12-2024, 05:09 AM