Annyeonghaseyo Artemis
People were still incoming and it made Ju’s heart swell every time someone walked in. It had only been a couple days since reuniting with Damian and their relationship was already being whispered about. They spent a lot of time together since they had it because she knew come mission time they could be on different shifts, on different ships, who knew. It was best to make the most of their time together. She also wanted to put in the effort to solidify their relationship before things got hairy because in Starfleet that was always a concern. This party, would hopefully help her connect with other officers too so that they knew she wasn’t some kind of crazy Command Hunter but instead just a young officer that had fallen hard for the charm of a Commander.

Damian was trading banter with the woman in the dragon dress, the dress along was absolutely gorgeous and Ju wished she could have thought about something like that. But no, it wasn’t really her style, she was more of a comfort queen. Still, as proven by the Christmas party she could dress up if she needed and wanted to. Aeryn introduced herself and Ju returned her attention to the red headed officer. “Thank you so much! That’s very kind of you.”

“It’s really good to meet you too. I didn’t get a chance to get around the Christmas party as much as I liked. Mara and I hung out the most and I really wanted to meet some people here since I’m stationed on the Artemis now.” She knew that a lot of people would think she had chosen to come to the Artemis because of Damian. She would be lying to say that hadn’t been on the list of reasons but it was surprisingly not at the top. When she had made the decision to request transfer a lot of other things were happening at the time and she felt as though the environment here might work out for her. Captain Crawford knew that was the case and had accepted the transfer after talking to Eun Ju in depth.

When Aeryn mentioned they would be up for karaoke Ju’s smile brightened. “Great! So many people, I find, are too shy to belt it out. I’ll definitely join you both!” Ju had grown up in a culture where karaoke was something you did on weekends, when drinking, with friends, when ever. Sometimes just as a stress relief so she was excited to find others brave enough to play with her.

A strong arm came around her waist and pulled at her. Ju looked up to find Damian had moved from talking to Beka and now stood in front of her. His hand came up to tilt her chin she could see his dark eyes shifting over her face. Ju’s cheeks dusted slightly pink at the visual inspection of her face. Damian told her that she was dazzling like always causing a soft smile to cross her face. “I definitely agree, the shirt choice is perfect,” before she could say anything else he leaned down and kissed her thumb brushing across her cheek. As always her stomach clenched and her body tensed. Not because she didn’t like it but because it was a very public display and she was not used to such things. She was going to have to be dating Damian, their entire relationship would likely be on display until people got tired of it.

Ju’s head spun and her heart was clocking about three times it’s normal speed. Good thing a doctor is here… she thought as the kiss ended and her brain was still flatlining as he looked down at her.

Damian asked if he could get her anything to drink. She just stared at him, her brain in reboot mode at the moment. He mentioned something about being very thirsty tonight causing her face to turn bright red. In public, they were discussing such things, Ju was going to have to get used to being so open with things like this.

“I – I – actually- I was.. I was going to make some somaek for everyone.” Ju said now that her brain was functional again she wanted to make a very normal night out Korean drink that combined soju and beer together. It was commonly drank with friends and it wasn’t just the drinking it was watching someone make it. Kissing his cheek with a quick peck she escaped his arms pulling at the collar of her shirt a few times to cool off from that whole.. display.

Ju headed for the bar where she got glasses out, she tried to get one out for everyone. Then she poured the beer from cans into the glasses until they were three quarters full. Afterwards she balanced shot glasses on top of the beer glasses and filled each one with two shots of bitter soju. “This is a traditional Korean party drink, it’s a bit bitter but it’s fun!” she said to the room as she knocked the first shot glass into the bottom of the glass of beer which caused a chain reaction dropping a shot glass into each glass to mix the two liquors. One glass, the first, didn’t get a shot glass so she dropped it in herself and handed one to Damian.

“Since you’re thirsty,” she said with a playful grin giving him a wink. “Please try some everyone!” she called out to all the attendees.

Tonight was going to be fun! Maybe she would actually get a little drunk. It depended on how many people drank with her, she supposed.

==Tag all==

Messages In This Thread
Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Damien Coleman - 06-03-2024, 12:35 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Eun Ju Han - 06-03-2024, 12:35 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Aeryn Miller - 06-03-2024, 11:39 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Robin Mayfair - 06-06-2024, 10:57 PM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Damien Coleman - 06-08-2024, 10:41 PM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Eun Ju Han - 06-09-2024, 01:18 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Lucy Devereaux - 06-11-2024, 03:01 PM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Beka Sydesh - 06-12-2024, 12:36 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Aeryn Miller - 06-12-2024, 09:48 AM
RE: Annyeonghaseyo Artemis - by Miles Grant - 06-12-2024, 05:44 PM