YE/D01 - Briefing Room
Peter had expected...well, he didn't know what to expect. But certainly not that. And immediately his face changed.

And not because of the fact that she'd received a personal message on duty. The fact that she started by apologizing for that gave Peter something else to think about:

Am I really seen as so hard-arse that I'd come down on something like that?

His whole demeanor changed in an instant when she gave him those news. And he swallowed. Hard.

"I'm....truly sorry to hear that, Leftenant", his voice softened considerably, as his mind raced as to whether or not they had someone who could function as a counselor...and reached the  conclusion that the closest equivalent would have to be Beinn, given the almost inviolable Doctor-patient-confidentiality.

"I don't think you should finish your shift today", he said softly. "If we could afford to, I'd ask the Captain to take us back to DS9 so you could go home", he sighed, "But we can't. If it had only been a matter of updating star charts....but it isn't. I'm really sorry.", he sighed again and looked at her, his eyes soft now.

"Take the rest of the day off. T'Lari is more than capable of covering for you. Let me know by the start of next shift if you need to work to distract yourself, or if you need to take some more time. There is no shame if you're not. Something like this....", he shook his head then sighed again.

"Don't worry about the Captain. Shove your shift.", he said, in an uncharactaristic display of lack of protocol that one would not have expected from him. "Go.....do whatever you need to do. I don't think we have a counselor, but Beinn is  bound by Doctor-patient-confidentiality, so if you need someone to talk to, he's likely the closest thing...", he finished.

== That was the LAST thing I expected to happen. Plot twist! And tag! ==

Messages In This Thread
YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 12:44 AM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-18-2024, 05:41 AM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-18-2024, 04:25 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-18-2024, 08:47 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-19-2024, 05:29 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:21 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-20-2024, 06:17 PM