YE/D01 - Briefing Room
Peter nodded at her reassurance that she could finish the shift. He wasn't entirely sure about that, but...well, he trusted Braggins enough to step in if it became necessary. It wasn't his job - for the moment - to be "that guy".

"Don't apologize, Leftenant", he said in the same tone he'd used since they got here.

"I would rather know when something like this happens, so I can keep it in mind. No one would blame you for being a bit...distracted right now. But if you feel you're able to continue your shift, then by all means.", he went on, and that wasn't empty words. They might have gotten off not just on the wrong foot, but the wrong freaking leg and butt.
However, that was immaterial right now.

He took the PADD from her, but didn't read the message, just locked the screen before handing it back to her. He did not expect anyone to lie about such things. Not anyone wearing a Starfleet uniform, anyway.

Now, a Ferengi? A Ferengi would fake the death of his whole family if he thought it'd net him a few sympathy purchases

"Yeah, you're not going to leave in a shuttle, Leftenant", he said with a bit of a chuckle. "If we could afford to leave the system and weren't weeks away from DS9, I'd do my best to convince the Captain to grant you LOA, and take you there to find a transport back. But as things stand....", he didn't finish the sentence.

"I will do my best to get you that priority channel, though", he said, deliberately choosing his words carefully, also noticing the apparent concern in her voice about him getting back from the mission safely. He didn't expect her to care all that much about him, but he also didn't sense any deception in her voice. He sighed.

"If you're certain you're good to continue, then let's go", he said, entering a few commands on a console on the wall, to disable privacy mode and unseal the doors. "And you look as well as anyone under the circumstances", he said, honestly. "It's clear that something has shaken you, but luckily no one on the bridge can read minds. At least not unless I've forgotten some basic xenobiology", he gave her a little smile, and then stepped aside so she could exit. Once she'd done so, he headed for the transporter rooms, hoping everyone would arrive soon.

Messages In This Thread
YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 12:44 AM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-18-2024, 05:41 AM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-18-2024, 04:25 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-18-2024, 08:47 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-19-2024, 05:29 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:21 PM
RE: YE/D01 - Briefing Room - by Theresa Black - 06-20-2024, 06:17 PM