YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms
Peter could have kicked himself for his own thoughtlessness. Why did he not think to ask for a medic as well? He was going to play along, though, and so he smiled at Kiernan.

"Welcome, Midshipman", he said cordially. "I'm very glad to have you. But, and please don't take offense, I hope we won't need your services", he said with a smile on his face before continuing:

"Instead, I hope to make use of your medical expertise in other ways. I intend to search this ship from bow to stern for anything that would classify as contraband. That's where you come in, at least as far as biological agents go", he explained, just as Artemis came in. Peter smiled when he saw her but quickly put his professional face back on, and looked curious. He had asked for West.
When he heard the reason why she wouldn't be joining them, Peter let out a brief chuckle at her remark about having the offending party run laps

"I'm very glad to have you", he said, looking at her and the expression in her eyes was genuine. If things were to get dicey, he couldn't think of anyone he'd rather have with him. "And let's check on West when we get back. Then we can also keelhaul Jimmy", he said with a smirk that was meant to convey to those present that did not know him that he was, in fact, not serious about that at all. He trusted Artemis to know that already.

This was when Turner entered the room. Slightly late, but Peter was not going to chew him out over a small delay like that. Not when it wasn't a life and death emergency. He had only had someone completely fail to report for an away team mission once, when he'd been COS. And the offending officer's excuse? He'd slept in.
That had sent Peter's blood pressure skyrocketing.

"Not to worry, Midshipman", he said with a confident smile. "New ships take some time getting used to. I'd rather have you here in one piece."

He looked at the group.

"Some introductions are in order, I  think. I am Commander Peter Jensen, First Officer. Here", he gestured to Artemis, "is Leftenant d'Tor'an, our Chief of Security. Next, we have Midshipman Kiernan, our doctor. Let's try to make sure she isn't too busy", he smirked slightly before lastly looking at Turner.

"And last but not least, Midshipman Turner, who'll assist in matters engineering. I'm glad to have you all here", he finished, then continued:

"We're going to inspect that ship from bow to stern for contraband. You may not like it", he said, projecting his own distaste for the mission onto the team, but trying his best to manage his facial expressions, "but our job here is not to aid the Talarian resistance, but to keep them from giving the Cardassians a legitimate reason from implicating the Federation, and risk starting another war. And by the time we're done with our search, I don't want a single solitary vole's nest left undiscovered. Am I clear?", he asked firmly.

"We're going to go overthere hoping that we'll not have to use these", he tapped the sidearm on his hip. "But these people are desperate, and understandably so. If there's something here they don't want to us to find, we might not get a very warm welcome, and they might decide to make an issue of it. For that reason, we will not be splitting up. We will stay together, within eachother's sight. This will complicate and prolong the search process, but it will also ensure our safety as much as possible. Any questions?", he finished.

== Tag all ==

Messages In This Thread
YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Jennifer Braggins - 06-19-2024, 06:28 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:38 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Sara Kiernan - 06-24-2024, 08:43 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Sara Kiernan - 06-27-2024, 04:37 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Peter Jensen - 06-29-2024, 05:43 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Sara Kiernan - 07-05-2024, 07:52 PM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Sara Kiernan - 08-12-2024, 07:06 AM
RE: YE/D04 - Transporter Rooms - by Arwen Qi - 08-12-2024, 06:58 PM