TI/D01 - Ready Room
The two officers arrived and presented themselves.

She folded her arms a paused for a few seconds, unfolding her arms again before leaning forward on the desk.

“I’m sympathetic to the fact that you both have joined my crew from rather different positions and that this new situation will take some adjustment... as will getting used to different way of doing things that is inevitable on a new ship.” She started with a friendly enough tone.  “However, Mister Keti you have twice broken protocol on my bridge in quick succession, despite a verbal warning from me. Once is unfortunate, twice seems like carelessness…” She fixed her eyes on the Science officer. Her voice now more authoritative. “Enthusiasm and ideas are encouraged; suggestions and solutions at all times are very much encouraged. Those suggestions or solutions come to me - or whoever is in the command chair if not me. They do not go through department heads, they do not get directed to others on the bridge. You address the Captain, you make suggestions to the Captain, such as, for example, who might be best on a team... You ask and must get the Captain’s permission.”

She stood up straight again and folded her arms looking between both. "You never bypass the Captain." Her expression was pensive.

Sothrick hadn’t actively contributed to this situation and had been placed in an awkward position by Keti, but it was important that he hear this. It was perhaps not surprising that former Geronimo crew would look to the Security Chief for leadership as their former CO, of course. But Jane would have no breaking with the chain of command, especially on the bridge. The breach of protocol by Keti, completely bypassing her by asking permission from the CoS to send a science team, and then taking it upon himself to decide who was on the team, was serious enough and he seemed to have completely either missed or ignored her earlier warning to address the chair. Jane’s tolerance for breaches of protocol like this was very low. If this happened again, there would be action.

“I assume iI have made myself understood and this will not happen again.” She said neutrally. 

"Thank you." The Captain moved around the desk to indicate she was done and they should get back to the situation.

>> Bridge >>

Messages In This Thread
TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 08-05-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 10-09-2023, 08:14 PM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Shione Kurasa - 10-11-2023, 12:14 AM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 10-14-2023, 09:09 AM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Shione Kurasa - 10-23-2023, 03:17 PM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 11-13-2023, 09:08 PM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 06-28-2024, 09:24 PM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Sothrick - 06-29-2024, 01:34 AM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jukish Keti - 06-29-2024, 08:48 AM
RE: TI/D01 - Ready Room - by Jane Fields - 06-30-2024, 09:15 PM